Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are some rare eye/hair colours you have seen?

During an interview, this guy has said that he had cat eyes, yellow eyes, during his life. I have never seen anyone with yellow eyes so I think that that is a rare eye colour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 14, 2019 8:18 AM

I have met men from Bretagne france with vivid green-gold eyes, OP.

If the guy in the pic didn't have cross eyes, he would look like one of my ex boyfriends, who is Armerian - Kurd, where you also find golden eyes. Also Kabyle from northern Africa.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2016 10:41 PM

Mom has champagne colored eyes. I don't know if that is rare, but I've never seen anyone else with that color.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2016 10:44 PM

Which champagne?

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2016 10:47 PM

I met an 11 year old girl who had a pigmentation anomaly- she had a white streak go through her iris, brow and hair by her temple (all which were brown). Ultra cool looking.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2016 10:49 PM

I met a beautiful Nigerian guy before with bright amethyst colored eyes. He told me it ran in his family and a few other families from their home town. Very striking.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2016 10:54 PM

A female co-worker of mine had yellow-colored eyes. She would be considered plain in looks, but her eyes were striking. Brown hair/yellow eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2016 10:58 PM

I've known people with yellow eyes. Three of them. As in r6's experience, John dear, I'd say that each of the three of them was especially homely and that their only interesting feature was the yellow eyes. Sadly, in each case, the eyes did nothing to distract from their overall dreary appearances.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2016 11:09 PM

I should say, three people, each with two eyes. Not one person with three yellow eyes^^^

Though...that WOULD be something to behold!

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2016 11:10 PM

Pink champagne, R3. We all know R2 's mom.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2016 11:28 PM

[quote] During an interview, this guy has said that he had cat eyes, yellow eyes, during his life.

You mean as opposed to before or after???

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2016 11:30 PM

I also knew a homely girl with yellow eyes. But the most unusual eyes I saw was a friend of mine from college. She was Iranian with jet black hair and she had one green eye and one blue eye, they were big and almond shaped, like a cat.. Just gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2016 12:48 AM

I am black and have grey-blue eyes. It's an anomaly on my father's side. We can't find a cracker in the wood barrel back 8 generations.

I knew a lovely white guy with one brown eye and one blue eye with partially brown iris. Very strange.

Of course, Bowie's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2016 12:57 AM

My sister's eyes are closer to orange than brown.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2016 1:09 AM

Harry Styles has unusual eyes.

Very intense but dark green, with black strands.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2016 4:02 AM

A friend of mine's eyes glowed yellow in a certain light.

Normally they were just brown.

He was hot regardless.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2016 4:06 AM

R15, is your friend's name Damien?

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2016 4:09 AM

I once saw someone with tiny used textbooks for pupils.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2016 4:11 AM

Green eyes with black eyelashes are my weakness, always have been. I'll pick those over an 8 inch dick any day.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2016 4:11 AM

Like someone mentioned upthread, I have dark green eyes with specks of blue & yellow and very dark hair because I am a brown skinned person. My black mother has hazel eyes and my Latino father has regular brown eyes, but mine don't have a drop of brown. When I was a teenager and young adult I played up my eyes all the time, but now I am over it. I forget they're there until someone inevitably brings them up.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2016 4:35 AM

I don't believe R12 for a moment. First and foremost, VERY few Americans have been here 12 generations. Mine came over one the Mayflower and we've only been here 11 and we came over in 1610. Secondly, practically no black Americans are able to trace their family history back before the Civil War. Third and last, their are basically no pure Africans in the US that weren't born in Africa. All 'black' people in America are atleast 10% white.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2016 4:58 AM

My eyes are yellow/green/blue. What color is more visible changes based on the light. Most of the time they look green though.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2016 5:20 AM

[quote] I forget they're there until someone inevitably brings them up.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2016 5:25 AM

Scut Farkus had yellow eyes

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2016 5:39 AM

A girl I went to high school with had one brown eye and the other was blue. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2016 5:50 AM

R22, I'm also good looking. You can go back to eating potato chips and rubbing your cat.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2016 5:53 AM

[quote] [R22], I'm also good looking.

Oh, I had no doubt already that you believed that.

But whether that's actually true is something we'll of course have to be the ones to judge.

Link to photo, please.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2016 6:06 AM

I base my belief on the reactions I receive in public. I personally don't feel like I'm a 10, but I'd give myself a solid 8.5-9. You think I'd link my pictures to you bored, old, and disabled trolls? I'm simply sharing my eye color like the thread dictated.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2016 6:13 AM

This is French actress Marie Laforet, best known to the Datalounge for the sixties film "Purple Noon" (later remade as "The Talented Mr. Ripley").

I've never seen eyes like this in real life, they're a very light brown or pale hazel, and yes - probably look yellow in certain lights. She made a film called "The Girl with Golden Eyes", because she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2016 6:35 AM

R22, the color the good looking biracial yellow, blue and green eyes to describe is called 'glasz'.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2016 6:36 AM

LaForet was born in Soulac-sur-Mer. West coast France. As I said I met guys with gold eyes from Bretagne - the peninsula further north. Anyway, seems to be a genetic trait sometimes found in those parts.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2016 6:51 AM

Back around 1965 I knew a girl who had eyes the color of aqua-blue topaz. Not contact lenses. I've not seen that color since.

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2016 6:53 AM

Meg Foster - But her eyes were SO light blue they kind of made her look possessed.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2016 7:01 AM

R29, in English, "glasz" eyes are known as "dull blue". They're very common on white people.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2016 7:24 AM

Colored eyes will always be more common on white people, but my eyes are not "dull blue". They're primarily deep green with a few specks of blue and yellow.

One day I went on a Google tear looking up Elizabeth Taylor's eyes. Oldie but goodie.

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2016 11:34 AM

John I hope you go to prison for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2016 11:41 AM

Brown eyes are definitely the most common on white people.

It's also absurd to think someone with unusual coloring (like yellow eyes) is not going to benefit somewhat from that. If you're talking about someone who's already ugly, well that's another thing althogether. An ugly person with one good feature isn't going to benefit as much as an average person.

Stephen Curry has cool coloring that makes him look better. I don't particularly like his bone structure and if he had boring coloring I wouldn't look twice at him.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2016 12:03 PM

*among *altogether

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2016 12:04 PM

I was agreeing that it is more common for white people to have blue eyes than other races, not that blue eyes are the most common eye color for white people.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Well, blue eyes are pretty common for "white white" people, R38. I was assuming that's what you meant and wildly misinterpreted you. Most people have an image of a white person in their head and it doesn't include someone with olive skin, dark brown eyes, black hair, etc. I guess it just annoys me or. . . triggers me.

I'll add that the reason I don't like Steph Curry's bone structure is that he looks too young. He's cute but not hot.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2016 1:51 PM

He does look like a boy among men when he's standing next to other NBA players. Then again, that is why he plays outside the paint.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2016 1:52 PM

If he had cat eyes he could see in the dark. Can he?

So far you've listed cases that point to inbreeding as being the cause of yellow eyes. The Kabyle, really? People stuck in isolated mountain valleys for generations.

I was taught growing up I had brown eyes and I always thought "hazel" eyes were green-blue. Since then I've learned that hazel eyes are actually light brown where other colours are readily apparent such as green, yellow, and blue as they move away from center, and I realize that my eyes would have been called hazel had they been classed correctly.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2016 2:03 PM

My guess is that yellowish hazel eyes are not that uncommon but it depends on the lighting and in sunlight most of these people will have eyes that appear brown.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2016 2:05 PM

[quote]Mom has champagne colored eyes. I don't know if that is rare, but I've never seen anyone else with that color.

Unless she comes from the French region of the same name, R2, it's more accurate to say that "Mom has sparkling wine eyes."

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2016 2:07 PM

Albino Asians have some very unusual eye & hair colors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2016 2:09 PM

Dry wit, R43.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2016 2:10 PM

The yellow eyes with yellow skin and yellow hair combo is the most exotic. They look like a sheaf of wheat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2016 2:33 PM

I taught a kid who looked a lot like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2016 2:44 PM

I know someone with yellow eyes and they're more of a bright green-yellow. They definitely don't look brown at all. I've never seen any other person with the same eye color, only cats.

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2016 2:48 PM

Yellow cat eyes during his life? This isn't the possessed patient who levitated off his bed, is it? Anyway...

I once bought a fairly priced used textbook from an Indian kid with Waardenburg syndrome. A+++ transaction; returned emails promptly; highly recommended!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2016 6:28 PM

I've always loved this pic (Heterchromia):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2016 10:57 PM

Actually, r39, blue-eyed blondes aren't the common image of a White person; rather, it is the common, if misleading, image of a Nordic/Icelandic person.

There remains the rest of Continental Europe, the Americas, and Australia.

Your racism and stupidity are tedious.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2016 12:40 PM

I spotted this one so I thought I'd carry my contribution as well. Because... well, it's my eyes!!! I can't describe their colour mysel even nowadays (and I'm 46!) They could be generally described as 'grey', truth is that there's days when they tend to be blue-ish, the next day they're closer to brown-ish, at times they may get green-ish too... it depends on which side of my iris prevails. It's got traces of light brown here and there, the area around my pupil tends to light green (even yellow-ish!), the rest is a strange mix of dark blue/grey, it's so hard for me to describe them. I've got pics, but none of them really captures what I'm telling you. If I knew how to upload some of them, I'd do that anyway.

by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 5:20 PM

My father has "yellow" eyes, but really, they're like the maple fretboard of a guitar. Not brown or light brown. Honey? Anyway the most unusual eyes I ever saw were a forest green with a charcoal outline. A beautiful Neopolitan woman I worked with has them. Lovely.

I know a beautiful black man with one green and one blue eye.

My friend has blue eyes with a swirl of snow-white and grey-blue dazzling dots in only one of her eyes.

Someone said that all eyes are beautiful. I don't agree but mostly people do have lovely eyes.

by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Farrow & Ball has amazing depth of colour.

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2019 5:29 PM

Fun fact. A scientist friend explained that people who have two different colored eyes are "their own twin". Meaning they started out as two zygotes and were meant to be twins and one zygote absorbed the other and they became one zygote. So, if you analyze a person's DNA with this oddity there will be anomalies that reflect that they were once two individuals.

by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2019 5:31 PM

Did Liz Taylor really have violet eyes?

by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2019 6:09 PM

I had a friend with striking blue eyes, thick eyelashes, and chocolate skin. Great combo.

I also knew a girl with heterochromia (green/brown) and to me that's the coolest type of eyes anyone could ever get. I was both in awe and green with envy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2019 6:12 PM

R55 That's pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 58November 12, 2019 6:15 PM

OP, now for some real cat eyes.

This guy is a talk show model/host in Puerto Rico (Also a personal friend and student). His name is Ramón “Gato” Gómez and a closer inspection of his eyes reveals why he’s been nicknamed “The Cat” since he was a pro basketball player.

They are truly gorgeous.

This cat eye syndrome (long pupils) is called coloboma and it’s pretty rare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 12, 2019 6:41 PM

"coloboma" -- that must be what my friend with the blue eyes has. It's as though the color spilled. So striking.

by Anonymousreply 60November 12, 2019 6:59 PM

I've met one guy with amber eyes. Not light yellow, but definitely not brown.

I also met a child with slit-shaped pupils like a housecat. Unfortunately, his mom did a lot of drugs when she was pregnant, so he had some mental issues as well (mildly retarded). I assume the drugs caused both anomalies.

R55, your scientist friend told you ONE of the ways heterochromia can occur. A person or animal resulting from two embryos fusing is known as a chimera, and it's quite rare. Spots or patches of a different color more commonly caused by a somatic mutation. The embryo can have one mutation during development, and the result will be a part of the body with that mutation. I've seen it in dogs and cats. An example would be a golden retriever with a patch of black fur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 12, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]I also met a child with slit-shaped pupils like a housecat.

See r59

by Anonymousreply 62November 12, 2019 7:21 PM

I know a girl with amber colored eyes. Her hair was the same colour. She said that it was caused by bithil syndrome, and that people with this syndrome can often see well in the dark. Supposedly it's found mainly in the Welsh.

by Anonymousreply 63November 12, 2019 7:25 PM

From the attached map, you can see that in large swaths of Europe, blue and green eyes are more common than brown - that includes England, Ireland, most of France, Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland, Austria, and most of the more populated areas of the former Soviet Union. In 1900, the most common eye color for white Americans was blue. A good amount of that shift has probably been due to the increasing immigration of white people from Southern Europe.

"A 2002 study found that the prevalence of blue eye color among the white population in the United States to be 33.8% for those born from 1936 through 1951 compared with 57.4 percent for those born from 1899 through 1905.[14] As of 2006, one out of every six people, or 16.6% of the total population, and 22.3% of whites, has blue eyes. Blue eyes are continuing to become less common among American children.[45]"

My own eye color is green, which is one of the rarest major colors. Because there's quite a bit of blue and gray in green eyes, mine change color according to what I'm wearing. When I was young, you can bet that I worked them as a feature, but now that I'm in my invisible years, I wear frameless glasses most of the time, and let the chips fall as they might.

by Anonymousreply 64November 12, 2019 7:48 PM

Whoops, forgot to attach the map

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 12, 2019 7:49 PM

I have yellow eyes, well... kinda. I have multi-colored eyes, my eyes are green/blue/yellow. Mostly green though.

by Anonymousreply 66November 12, 2019 8:01 PM

I have yellow eyes, well... kinda. I have multi-colored eyes, my eyes are green/blue/yellow. Mostly green though.

by Anonymousreply 67November 12, 2019 8:01 PM

My eyes are green as well. Kind of pale green. My father had blue eyes, my mother's were brown. Somehow that produced me.

by Anonymousreply 68November 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Pale green eyes make my quim quiver. I’d like to see yours, R68. x

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 12, 2019 8:12 PM

R69 My eyes are an even lighter green that the eyes of that gorgeous guy in the picture. Mine are almost a mint green with a dark rim around the iris.

by Anonymousreply 70November 12, 2019 8:35 PM

My sister has one blue eye and one green eye.

I have blue eyes and red hair, which is the rarest eye/hair color combo.

by Anonymousreply 71November 12, 2019 8:40 PM

My eyes are hazel with a dark outer ring but turn several shades of intense green after a night of drinking.

by Anonymousreply 72November 12, 2019 8:46 PM

I have Paul Newman blue eyes sprinkled with gold flecks.

by Anonymousreply 73November 12, 2019 9:09 PM

Corpse blue,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 12, 2019 9:15 PM

My own are some combo I don't see very often: light green with a small gold or amber ring around my pupils. When I'm tired, they appear even lighter. My mum had "tiger eyes" (the colour of the stone), until she had the cataract lens replacement procedure, they are now green like mine, but without the gold ring.

Has anyone else noticed a colour change after lens implants?

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2019 9:28 PM

R75 my great aunt had lens implants several years ago, and yes, I noted a color change. Her eyes were a dull blue before the operation and now they're olive green.

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2019 9:40 PM

R76 Wow, perhaps this is more common than I had initially thought. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2019 9:47 PM

I’d love to see your dark rim R70. x

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2019 9:49 PM

Oh, Rhoda! I'll bet you say that to all the guys! *Blush*

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2019 9:51 PM

Robert Durst in the Jinx documentary

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2019 9:52 PM

My father was a strawberry blond with grey eyes. His hair began to turn snowy white in his 30s.

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2019 9:58 PM

My mother had jet black hair, lashes and brows. Her eyes were a vivid leaf green. There was no blue, yellow, or brown. A true green.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2019 10:01 PM

That must have been striking.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2019 11:46 PM

Very much so -- a beauty in her day.

by Anonymousreply 84November 13, 2019 12:02 AM

My Russian instructor had bottle-green eyes with ash-blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 85November 13, 2019 10:06 AM

The most striking I have ever seen were pale grey eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 13, 2019 10:32 AM

R86 That's the color of my dad's eyes mentioned in R81. His mother had them too.

by Anonymousreply 87November 13, 2019 7:37 PM

I always knew my green eyes were an attraction,but onl recently did I realize how rare they are. All my life Ive heard "You have beautiful eyes" but I never really understood the color was that rare.

by Anonymousreply 88November 14, 2019 3:55 AM

That's not yellow, it's light brown.

by Anonymousreply 89November 14, 2019 3:57 AM

Eye color by world percentage, according to some website called worldatlas.com.

Brown: 79%

Blue: 8%

Hazel: 5%

Amber: 5%

Green: 2%

Gray: <1 %

Violet: <1%

Heterochromatic: <1%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 14, 2019 4:13 AM

(36) I have true green eyes, also. They are rare. When young I had very dark hair, now white hair and still look good.

by Anonymousreply 91November 14, 2019 4:32 AM

Someone I know has yellow-green eyes. A light green that has a lot more yellow in it than most green eyes, emphasized by dark eyes and eyebrows. Maybe the color is considered a variety of hazel, but it's almost a chartreuse, and I didn't think that was an eye color that occurred in nature.

At my high school was a girl who had light brown skin, light brown hair, and the most vivid grass-green eyes I've ever seen. The kind of true and bright green that's incredibly rare, and which were beautifully set off by her brown skin and lashes. She wasn't particularly pretty, but she had the most striking eyes ever.

by Anonymousreply 92November 14, 2019 7:50 AM

I have amber/Yellow/gold eyes as well.

by Anonymousreply 93November 14, 2019 8:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!