Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tindered to death

aka "The Night Warriena Fell"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2020 12:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2016 3:51 AM

They're both extremely attractive. Let the schadenfreude commernce!

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2016 4:00 AM

Thank you R2.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2016 4:08 AM

I would have jumped, right on top of his dick! HE'S HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2016 4:18 AM

I think we've all known people who are nasty drunks. She sounds like one of them. This guy did the dumbest thing he could possibly do -- lock a drunk and hostile woman, who had been talking about death, on his 14th story balcony. He's culpable but not for murder. In New York we would probably call it criminally negligent homicide. Not sure if Australians have that concept.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2016 4:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2016 4:27 AM

You forgot to mention she's a rotting corpse.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2016 4:44 AM

Why would someone cry, "No, no, please let me go home" if she was the nutter? If he could push her onto his balcony, he could have pushed her out the door of his apartment instead

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2016 4:49 AM

Nothing says "troubled whore" more than a female with a pierced septum.

I'm on Team Gable for this one.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2016 5:09 AM

He has a tanning bed on his balcony. If she had threatened to trash that, he probably wouldn't have locked her out there.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2016 6:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2016 2:12 PM

At the end of the transcript it sounds like he drunkenly snapped and had a blackout rage, earlier in the conversation he was saying he could throw her off the balcony for her actions. Once an idea is planted into the drunken mind....

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2016 6:25 PM

This reminds me of I Love Lucy episode when she was in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2016 8:21 PM

She sounds nuts and he sounds nuts.

And this was their first date????

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2016 8:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2016 2:53 AM

It sounds like he kept trying to get her out and she kept hitting him with stuff and he had a fuck you moment and just locked her on the balcony out of sheer frustration. Then when she was locked out she worried she would spend the night out there and so pulled that contrite shit. I'll bet she would have gone back to hitting him as soon as he let her back in. But she was totally toasted and tried to climb down.

He's to blame for her death but not murder. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2016 4:41 AM

There is no crime here. Awful behavior, apparently. But he doesn't seem to have in any way placed the victim in a life-threatening position from which to fall.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2016 4:56 AM

Here is a re-enacted photo taken for the trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2016 5:07 AM

He's guilty. She was throwing small pebbles at him after they had sex. Whoop de doo!

Then, he wouldn't let her collect her things to leave, so what was his problem?

If he wanted her out, you show her the door. Then, he shoves her out to the balcony, and these are his last words to her:

[quote]You're lucky I haven't chucked you off my balcony you God damn psycho bitch,' Tostee is heard to say in the recording.

[quote]'You're not going to collect any belongings, you're just going to walk out.

[quote]If you try to pull anything I'll knock you out, I'll knock you the f*** out - do you understand?'

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2016 5:10 AM

Where is his crime, r19? She felt desperate enough to climb foolishly over the railing, as the re-enactment shows. But a balcony per se cannot be considered a life-threatening place for quite obvious reasons.

"You're just going to walk out" will exonerate him.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2016 5:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2016 5:30 AM

Guys in Australia are hot

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2016 5:33 AM

R14, my thoughts exactly. #millennialz

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2016 5:41 AM

Why didn't he call the police if she was so nuts? He'd shoved her out onto the balcony, instead of grabbing her and leading her to the door of the apartment Ok, so he locks her out on the balcony and does he call police? No. Make sense? No. If he was strong enough to get her onto the balcony he was strong enough to get her to the apartment door and shove her into the hallway.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2016 5:53 AM

R24, I'm sure he didn't think she would try to climb down 14 floor balcony. He was probably just going to leave her crazy, drunk ass out there for a while. Instead she immediately decided to climb down from the 14 th floor

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2016 5:57 AM

[quote]Nick Casey, who was in the apartment two floors below Tostee, told the court he had gone outside to investigate loud bangs like a weight being dropped when he saw Wright climbing over the balustrade.

[quote]“I heard her say ‘I want to go home’, I heard her say ‘help’,” he said.

[quote]Casey said he told Wright “you can’t get down this way, go back in”.

[quote]“It wasn’t long after that she fell straight past where I was standing on the balcony, she ricocheted off a few balconies below,” he said.

Another article said he was offered a plea deal for manslaughter but he refused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2016 5:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2016 5:59 AM

Australia is hard core. If this happened in Europe, on the Continent at least, he would go free. They were both intoxicated and it was the woman who chose to climb down from the balcony. Its all about the alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2016 6:17 AM

IF he had pushed her out the door in her condition he would have gotten in trouble for that too because something would have happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2016 6:25 AM

Nobody has mentioned she was Maori and race was undoubtedly a factor on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2016 6:29 AM

After she jumped he went out and grabbed a pizza. He's fucked in the head, but it's a stretch to say he killed her, even unintentionally.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2016 7:20 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2016 8:16 AM

Good riddance to another creepy fish.

That guy was HOT - we would have been all over him in 2 seconds!

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2016 8:21 AM

He had a physical altercation with her. Authorities suspect he was choking her and then he locked her on the balcony. After being near choked, I can see why the fight or flight choice was to flee. Then, he waited an hour after the fall to order pizza. Something is not right with him and he deserves to be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2016 7:43 AM

He did nothing wrong, only mistake was hooking up with an insane stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2016 8:37 AM

She didn't "choose" to climb down you dingdongs, she got scared and was trying to escape.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2016 8:52 AM

Are there nude photos of the hot number?

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2016 9:55 AM

R37, I looked but couldn't find any. The closest I found was the one I posted in R21.

There are several screenshots of various creepy tinder chats of his in Google search. He's prob the true definition of a pussy hound. And a douche. But not a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2016 2:11 PM

He was good-looking, but I do notice the recent weight gain. And the flip-flops were unfortunate.

Seems like an alcohol-fueled accident.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2016 2:13 PM

"The world of heterosexual is a sick and boring life"!

-Aunt Ida

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2016 2:21 PM

[quote]New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright’s body was so mangled after she fell from Gable Tostee’s 14th-floor balcony a pathologist could not tell how tall she was, a jury has heard.

[quote]The blood alcohol test was taken using her eye fluid because the only remaining source of blood found in her chest cavity had been contaminated, the court heard.

[quote]The court also heard Wright had multiple “self-inflicted” scars on both wrists, right thigh and chest.

[quote]Little said there was no physical evidence Wright had been choked or strangled but agreed there was a small possibility such an act could occur without leaving a mark.

Don't see how Gable Tostee can be convicted of anything. He just wanted to drink and fuck. She wanted to drink, be dramatic and have sex in between. He should have ended their hookup when her shirt came off and self inflicted cuts were visible. If a coroner could see them after a 14-story fall, Gable could have seen them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2016 2:41 PM

About her trying to collect her belongings and him saying no, she had to leave without collecting whatever she was referring to...

If she was talking about her purse, it'd contain her credit cards, money, keys to wherever she was staying, phone, and probably her passport. Leaving without it would put her out on the street without the means to pay for a taxi, call for help, or re-enter her dwelling, and would put her at huge risk. Not to mention that a person's money, credit cards, and phone are valuable.

Is he being charged with theft as well as attempted murder? Did she have her purse with her when she fell, or was it still inside his apartment?

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2016 5:13 PM

[quote]GABLE Tostee has elected not to take the stand in his murder trial, or call any defence witnesses following the closing of the Crown’s case against him.

[quote]“In light of what she had done and what she feared he would do, her only reasonable option, the only remaining option was to climb down the balcony, out of fear for what he would do if she came back in contact with her.”

I don't know exactly how hardcore Austalians can be but this guy is going to walk. Could she not have screamed for help since she was on the balcony in a highrise? Scaling a balcony from the 14th floor was a safer option.

Tragic and unfortunate but it's not murder or even manslaughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2016 4:43 AM

**Scaling a balcony from the 14th floor was a safer option?

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2016 4:45 AM

As there were a couple of people who were on their baconies that witnessed her fall ,I assume someone heard her screaming . He didnt kill her,she was drunk and insane.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2016 5:23 AM

It looks like his defense team coached him into getting a dad-bod or becoming more DILF-like. I sorta like his fuller look. It's very fit fat.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2016 2:35 PM

He's a gronk An aggro, dumbfuck, fluoro-toothed, gronk.

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2016 3:45 PM

The family of the fish - though they cared nothing for her - will try to shake down the hot number or his insurance company for zillion$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2016 4:02 PM

That's what happens when you put ethnics and white people together.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2016 5:05 PM

[quote] That's what happens when you put ethnics and white people together.

Yes it is. Most of the time white people can be counted on to act like assholes

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2016 5:39 PM

People, please do not engage in sadomasochistic raceplay on your first computer date with a complete stranger after consuming copious amounts of alcohol and then panic fourteen floors above the ground.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2016 6:52 PM

And what ethnicity is white people, r49, Wonder Bread?

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2016 7:01 PM

I think you mean yob.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2016 7:16 PM

R49,R50...self loathing blacks HUNGERING for a white boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2016 7:17 PM

Maybe she was drugged. It's happened .... a lot

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2016 8:59 PM

She did not have to be drugged. She was three times the legal blood alcohol limit. Please keep up-reading comprehension is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2016 9:39 PM

She may have had an undiagnosed mental health disorder. I know that there are people who cannot drink AT ALL, because of their bi-polar condition. As a matter of fact, both of these people ended up getting diagnosed because they had exhibited erratic behavior while under the influence of alcohol or pot.

Why was he recording their time together? What a creepy thing to do. However, it may be the only thing that may keep him out of jail.

This guy did not kill her. It is unfortunate that he exiled her to the balcony, but she made a really bad decision by trying to get off that balcony. No one in their right mind would do that. She was obviously not in her right mind.

He's a creep and I am also raising my eyebrows about him ordering a pizza after her unfortunate fall, but he did not kill her. He is probably a sociopath, but the guy didn't kill her.

Also, if this guy goes free, which I believe he should, in all fairness, do not be surprised if he eventually does directly kill someone. The pizza ordering is a big clue to this gentlemen's true nature. Still, the asshole is not guilty in this specific case, imo.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2016 11:35 PM

Perhaps he doesn't meet the legal standards of responsibility for her death, but he could also be charged with holding her against her will and trying to keep her from getting her possessions, both highly illegal.

If they bothered to charge him with the lesser crimes, of course. That'd keep his sociopathic ass off the streets for a while, at least.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2016 11:57 PM

They both sound insane in that transcript. That does NOT sound like normal drunk and I'm Australian. I am surprised though, the media here is only playing clips that make him look bad and hiding that fact that she's just as unstable and violent.

I do think he should be charged for something. Regardless of her violent mental state, he still choked her, withheld her things and then went an ate a pizza after the whole ordeal. If I was in that situation, I would call the cops immediately after she started acted strange and have it on record.

This would make a killer two-person only stage play tbh.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2016 12:26 AM

Is she (Maori?

Her relatives are clearly Filipinos, and she obviously has some European ancestry---not sure where the Maori comes in...

Look, I agree that he should have given her her things---it's illegal to keep someone's possessions when they're trying to collect them.

That said, she also had the option of leaving and calling the police..

I can understand how both might have felt attacked, and defensive---the girl was just too drunk,obviously unstable, and the guy was a prick, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2016 2:00 AM

[quote]Could she not have screamed for help since she was on the balcony in a highrise?

She was and no one was coming to her aide.

[quote]That said, she also had the option of leaving and calling the police..

What?!! Are you even following this story? He stopped her from leaving.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2016 3:08 AM

[quote]She was and no one was coming to her aide.

Didn't one of the neighbors below tell her not try and climb down but she did anyway?

R59, any local info about neighbors or who called 911? I know he recorded the hook-up but I might have missed info about the 911 call. Any other Aussies with buzz outside of the media?

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2016 3:26 AM

R47, yes we know, but that doesn't make him a murderer

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2016 4:24 AM

[quote]Didn't one of the neighbors below tell her not try and climb down but she did anyway?

That was when she was already dangling from the balcony, which was a little too late. I doubt she had the upper body strength to pull herself back up.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2016 5:29 AM

R64 do you have some sort of a learning impediment? I'm asking nicely. It sounds like your response is based on thread responses and not any of the linked media resources.

Have someone help you read the story as its been reported. You'll be able to avoid drawing conclusions about her upper body strength which you or anyone would have no way of definitively knowing. Definitive is important to a j-u-r-y (peers who decide guilt or innocence).

It will also clarify that she was spoken to while climbing over the railing which would occur prior to dangling from the railing.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2016 7:02 AM

[quote]It will also clarify that she was spoken to -- while climbing over the railing -- which would occur prior to dangling from the railing.

Are you reading the words you are writing, Mr. Wanabe Smarty Pants? I'm asking nicely. R65)

"While climbing" means she was climbing. When you climb, you might dangle, and I was saying someone was talking to her, when she was dangling. A little too late, because women tend to not have that much upper body strength. That's a natural biological fact, unless the woman was some sort of body builder.

With that noted, it is obvious she didn't have that much upper body strength since she couldn't hold herself up for long and fell.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2016 8:36 AM

She was a Supernatural fangirl. In her last facebook message to her sister, she said she had found a "Sam Winchester."

See what you have wrought, Jared Padalecki! Supernatural fangirls are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2016 2:26 PM

In the U.S., locking her on the balcony would be "false inprisonment," which is like a milder form of kidnapping. It means you prevent a person from escaping your custody. There might also be charges about separating her from her purse and keys, some sort of robbery.

I think it would be manslaughter, since his personal actions led to her death.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2016 2:41 PM

One less young fish = always a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2016 2:47 PM

Does anyone else get a death wish vibe from the woman, while reading the transcript? She mentions death or him killing her, several times.

This young lady was psychologically unstable. I am not blaming her for her own death, but she was not a mentally well put together woman. Add alcohol and a stupid guy to the mix, and you end up with very unfortunate and irreversible results.

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2016 3:26 PM

The neighbor should have grabbed her legs and pulled her onto the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2016 3:54 PM

R70, it's hard to say. She might have been crazy at home, but he wouldn't know that. All he could go by is what she did with him.

Sounds like she was yelling for help. We only have his version of what happened. Maybe be he was planning on eventually opening the door and raping her. There could be a good reason she tried to climb down. It makes no sense that he would find this woman violent and uncontrollable, lock her up where she could not get away from him, and not called the police. They would have removed her peacefully and it wouldn't have been his responsibility.

I don't know why it doesn't occur to people that whatever he is saying is probably a lie.

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2016 3:56 PM

We don't just have his version. We have the phone recording.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2016 4:01 PM

R72, we do not only have his version of what happened. He recorded two hours or more, of their entire evening together, on his smart phone. The transcript that we are referring to is a transcript of that recording.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2016 4:02 PM

Stupid people fall and die all the time when in close proximity to precipices. Just ask the rangers at the Grand Canyon.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2016 4:03 PM

R74, why?

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2016 4:03 PM

Why didn't he call the police and why did he leave the apartment to get pizza?

My guess -- he had drugs in his apartment. He went out to hide his stash somewhere and grabbed a slice of pizza to make it look as if the pizza was the reason he left his apartment.

Remember the Shannen Gilbert case? And the Florida face eater? They were acting bizarrely, yet no drugs were found in their systems. There is some kind of drug out there that is undetectable. So long as you get the drug out of your house or apartment, the police will never find out.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2016 4:09 PM

Why did he feel it was necessary to record hours of a date? If things were that bad, he could have called the cops, or told her he was going to pick up a pizza, then called the cops and had them pick her up.

If this date was disastrous for hours on end, why stay there? Leave and call the cops.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2016 4:13 PM

I don't know if recording his "dates" was customary for this gentleman, or if he decided to do so specifically for this date. I do not understand his motivation either, r78. I'm guessing he recorded her in order to later ridicule her with his friends. I doubt he could have foreseen the tragic event that ended his date, and therefore recorded her as a means of legal protection. Although, he may have thought that this young lady was the type to claim rape after consensual sex, and recorded their evening together for that reason alone.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2016 4:28 PM

I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. Leave the poor boy alone.

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2016 4:33 PM

If the neighbor grabbed her legs wouldn't she also go over the railing?

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2016 4:34 PM

Whether or not she's crazy isn't really legally pertinent. It's not legal to kill crazy people, to lock them on the balcony, to keep their belongings, or to put them in circumstances where they die accidental deaths trying to get away from you. From my understanding of the story, this guy did a hell of a lot of illegal stuff even if he's not guilty of manslaughter.

Now, I don't know if there was a neighbor on the balcony below or not, but even if there was there's no guarantee that grabbing her legs would have saved her. If someone had been holding onto an ankle when she lost her grip that's 100+ pounds suddenly applying a hell of a lot of downward force, the person would probably lose their grip on her ankle or be yanked forward, imperiling their own lives. If the person was strong enough to hold onto an ankle as she fell her upper body would still be slammed against the balcony railing, then they'd still have to pull up a panicking, possibly crazy woman up over the balcony railing by the ankle...

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2016 4:49 PM

R82, iirc, the neighbor was two balconies down, not directly below her. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2016 5:01 PM

On the brighter side

She did get some incredible hot cock Before she died. So, probably died With a smile on her psycho face.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2016 5:31 PM

This is tragic case all the way around. She didn't have to die, and he is not responsible for the fact that she did.

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2016 5:35 PM

Who brings these stupid fucking frau stories here every day?

We hate you.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2016 5:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 16, 2016 3:30 AM

She also calls him a "faggot" at some point. Can't say I'm sad that the psycho bitch is dead.

by Anonymousreply 88October 16, 2016 4:14 AM

[quote]Whether or not she's crazy isn't really legally pertinent. It's not legal to kill crazy people, to lock them on the balcony, to keep their belongings, or to put them in circumstances where they die accidental deaths trying to get away from you. From my understanding of the story, this guy did a hell of a lot of illegal stuff even if he's not guilty of manslaughter.

Truth -- right there!

by Anonymousreply 89October 16, 2016 4:55 AM

I DOnt get it when didn't she shove past him and go out the front door?

by Anonymousreply 90October 16, 2016 5:05 AM

A case of drunk crazy people doing stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 91October 16, 2016 5:14 AM

[quote] Whether or not she's crazy isn't really legally pertinent. It's not legal to kill crazy people, to lock them on the balcony, to keep their belongings, or to put them in circumstances where they die accidental deaths trying to get away from you. From my understanding of the story, this guy did a hell of a lot of illegal stuff even if he's not guilty of manslaughter.

But you aren't reading the transcript. Don't read the headlines. Read the transcript. He told her to leave and not take any of her stuff. There is no talk of her trying to leave or him keeping her from her stuff from her. So he did not try to keep her from her stuff. He just said it. That's not a crime. He didn't kill her. She was out on the balcony and immediately tried climbing down. That's not kidnapping. He put her out there to keep her from assaulting him. You're allowed to protect yourself from a drunken idiot who is assaulting you He's the one who had bruises on him from her throwing things at him. He did not try to strangle her. She didn't have any marks on her neck or bruises on her body. You can read her own words about her hitting and throwing things at him. You can see pictures of things thrown around his apartment. She was drunk and out of control. It's sad, but it was just a situation that got out of control. It was a drunken accident. She seems like a girl who had a lot of problems - even when she wasn't drinking

by Anonymousreply 92October 16, 2016 6:09 AM

Why wouldn't he let her get her stuff and leave? He told her she couldn't get dressed.

by Anonymousreply 93October 16, 2016 6:29 AM

[quote]But you aren't reading the transcript. Don't read the headlines. Read the transcript. He told her to leave and not take any of her stuff. There is no talk of her trying to leave or him keeping her from her stuff from her. So he did not try to keep her from her stuff.

Oh, yes he did!

[quote]After she threw decorative rocks and hit him with a telescope at some point, Tostee allegedly tried to choke her and then locked her out on his balcony, all while intimidating her: "You're lucky I haven't chucked you off my balcony you G– d— psycho bitch," he says in the recording. "You're not going to collect any belongings, you're just going to walk out. ... If you try to pull anything I'll knock you out."

[quote] She didn't have any marks on her neck or bruises on her body.

What the hell? She fell -- of course, there are going to be some bruises -- whether he did it or not!

by Anonymousreply 94October 16, 2016 7:22 AM

R5, that's the real truth.

by Anonymousreply 95October 16, 2016 7:29 AM

Again, if the "stuff" she was trying to collect was her purse, and he wanted her to leave without taking it, then we're talking her car keys, money, credit card, passport or driver's licensee, possibly her telephone, things that are not only of significant financial value, and without which she wouldn't be able to get home. If she left without her purse, then the worst-case scenario was that she would have been a woman alone, at night, drunk, in a neighborhood she didn't know, without bus fare or a telephone. Does that sound safe and acceptable?

It would be analogous to a man having a trick go bad, and your host trying to throw you out without letting you collect your pants or any of the valuables or necessities in your pockets. His actions would be highly illegal, and face it - nobody here would leave without their pants unless you were so afraid for your life that you'd be willing to abandon your credit cards and house keys to a creepy stranger. If the creepy host weren't holding a gun on you, face it, you wouldn't leave under those circumstances without fighting for your stuff.

by Anonymousreply 96October 16, 2016 7:54 AM

R57, do not confuse bi-polar condition to people of indigenous status and background. Indigenous people, even partially aren't bi poplars that you meet in mostly white groups

Indigenous blood no go with alcohol from all times. Coffee and alcohol and dairy make them sick. Look Indians and liquirs.watch. old Jews , old medical. They're ethnic not bi poplar What try do and not get it is the goals recently over from old Psychiatric Jews who disregard our chemical compound reaction because. We're Indians on our land

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2016 8:15 AM

[quote]If she left without her purse, then the worst-case scenario was that she would have been a woman alone, at night, drunk, in a neighborhood she didn't know,

You forgot to add that she was in a foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2016 8:16 AM

Maori, explains Russell Crow's reaction. He's at least a quarter.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2016 8:32 AM

Her indigenous tribal background made her another person on liquor.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2016 8:38 AM

R94, bruises do not form after death, and I assume she died instantaneously when she hit the ground. So any bruising found on her would have been caused by something other than the fall that killed her. Same for abrasions and other injuries - it's possible to tell whether a cut or scrape happened before or after a person died, because post-mortem wounds don't bleed or bruise.

Mind you, the fall might have left large parts of her in a condition where the coroner wouldn't be able to tell if there was bruising or not.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2016 8:43 AM

The jury has been deliberating. They've asked the judge several questions including what was the metal object in GT's hand when he went out for pizza. Hadn't seen anything about video footage until now. Everything's been focused on the recording he made when she flipped out and he put her on the balcony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 18, 2016 1:20 AM

What exactly is "frau" about this story, R86? And who is this "we" that you're referring to? You don't speak for the masses. If anybody is "hated" it's you. You sound like a real turd.

by Anonymousreply 103October 18, 2016 2:17 AM

Earlier he wanted her to leave and she didn't want to.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2016 4:29 AM

R104) Not true.

She was trying to collect her things, but he wanted her to leave without them.

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2016 6:01 AM

The jury came back saying they couldn't reach a verdict. Judge sends them back for another round of deliberation. Also, the judge told they could not to consider Gable's actions after the event which means eating pizza can't be used against him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2016 6:31 AM

**Also, the judge told them they could not consider...

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2016 6:33 AM

It's obvious he left the apartment to go eat pizza in an attempt to sober up a little. He was also spotted pacing around the neighborhood. Clearly he was agitated and upset about what had transpired. His call to his father also conveys that.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2016 5:23 PM

[quote] [R94], bruises do not form after death

Actually they can become visible after the person dies. Post-mortem (before the person dies) and ante-mortem (after the person dies) bruises can appear after death. Sometimes it takes a few days for them to appear. These are not to be confused with lividity blood staining. The coroner stated that she did not have any bruising or abrasions near her neck

There are thousands of murder cases where bruises have appeared after a person died.

by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2016 3:50 AM

Did you guys not see in one of those articles it said she was so fucked up from her fall and bouncing around they had trouble gauging her height? shudders...

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2016 3:59 AM

[quote]The jury in Gable Tostee trial has sought advice from the judge for a fourth time as it struggles to decide whether he murdered his Tinder date, Warriena Wright.

[quote]Jurors are three days into deliberations at the Supreme Court in Brisbane having previously admitted they were having trouble reaching a verdict.

[quote]About 2:30pm on Wednesday they asked Justice John Byrne whether Tostee's language could be considered as force.

[quote]"The short answer is no," Justice Byrne replied.

[quote]He told the jury it should only be concerned about the "physical force" used by Tostee, and whether or not it was more than reasonably necessary.

[quote]The use of physical force included restraining Ms Wright and locking her on the balcony of his Gold Coast apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2016 6:37 AM

It ain't looking good. The longer a jury deliberates the more it might mean a guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 112October 19, 2016 6:57 AM

I think the exact opposite R112. It seems the jury can't find anything; right down to the language he used. That seems like more of a stretch. They've asked good questions though.

I don't know how Australians might typically think or their justice system but I'm predicting there will be a non-guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 113October 19, 2016 7:21 AM

Well, in US juries if they keep deliberating that's not a good sign for a not guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 114October 19, 2016 7:30 AM

This was only the third (?) day of deliberations. Based on that last question they asked the judge, they might be near the end. It sounds like that could have initially been the hold-out's question that was making them unable to reach a verdict.

by Anonymousreply 115October 19, 2016 7:38 AM

R115) I don't know.

[quote]He told the jury it should only be concerned about the "physical force" used by Tostee, and whether or not it was more than reasonably necessary.

The physical force was more than reasonably necessary. A reasonable person wouldn't kick anyone out their home by placing them on their balcony. They would throw them out the door. A reasonable person would not stop them from taking their phone to leave.

I can see them easily thinking what he did was not reasonable or even necessary.

by Anonymousreply 116October 19, 2016 7:44 AM

Damn heteros and their drama.

by Anonymousreply 117October 19, 2016 7:52 AM

R116, which door was closer to the confrontation that led him to put her out: the apartment door to the unit or the balcony door? I haven't read that detail. His personal safety was an issue as well and proximity of the closest door might have to be considered.

by Anonymousreply 118October 19, 2016 7:53 AM

I doubt his personal safety was at risk. He never called the cops, when he had her on the balcony.

The front door I would assume would be closer and easier to open, because a balcony has a slider door, which is hard to pull back.

by Anonymousreply 119October 19, 2016 8:08 AM

[quote]I doubt his personal safety was at risk. He never called the cops, when he had her on the balcony.

That sounds much different than what was recorded once she started flipping out. The pictures also tell a different story. They were both drunk and made some very bad decisions. Especially her.

[quote]The front door I would assume would be closer and easier to open, because a balcony has a slider door, which is hard to pull back.

You assume? Why would you assume that? It would make a big difference if they were fighting at a door two feet away vs. one on the other side of the apartment.

by Anonymousreply 120October 19, 2016 8:21 AM

I think he had control of the situation. The words he was barking at her did not appear to be a man who felt he was in harm's way. If he felt threaten, he shouldn't have stopped her from getting her things and leaving. He told her he wanted to take her to his job -- again a threatened man wouldn't say this.

After she falls to her death, he casually goes off to order a pizza. He just seems not to be an emotional man.

by Anonymousreply 121October 19, 2016 8:28 AM

Thanks for the Latin I help, r109, but you've reversed your post- and ante- definitions.

by Anonymousreply 122October 19, 2016 8:31 AM

Based on the judge's instructions, I believe he will be found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 123October 19, 2016 8:32 AM

They were both psychopaths and completely fucked out of their minds on drugs and booze and then this is what happened.

by Anonymousreply 124October 19, 2016 8:58 AM

Have you seen how fat he is now? Also it is rumored he hops on the net every day trolling several forums. He has criminal priors including driving at high speed, drunk, with 4 friends in the car. He wouldn't stop for 50 miles with the cops following him. He posts sex videos online. The one thing he hates most is being called a faggot.

by Anonymousreply 125October 19, 2016 12:45 PM

[quote]They were both psychopaths and completely fucked out of their minds on drugs and booze and then this is what happened.

Wait, she didn't put him out on the balcony. It's like the bartender law or whatever you call it. I'm talking about the bar being liable, if they keep feeding you booze.

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2016 5:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2016 5:53 AM

Oh well. . . he will live to make another mistake.

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2016 6:11 AM

Did they charge him with anything except murder?

Because keeping her from collecting her things and locking her out on the balcony were both illegal.

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2016 6:18 AM

[quote]Because keeping her from collecting her things and locking her out on the balcony were both illegal.

Apparently neither were illegal in this case as decided by a jury of his peers. You seem to cherry pick instead of looking at the totality of the events.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2016 6:33 AM

Yeah, R128, he seems a good risk to injure or kill someone someday soon. Drunk driving accident, drugs, flips out when someone brings up this case, abuse of a date, whatever.

And when he does, he'll blame the "stress" of being prosecuted for this.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2016 6:36 AM

[quote]Because keeping her from collecting her things and locking her out on the balcony were both illegal.

I doubt they did, but they should have. If he really didn't want to be bothered with her, he would have let her collect her belongings and go.

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2016 6:40 AM

He's a moronic shithead but could make a living doing daddy porn

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2016 6:47 AM

Wait, wait, wait. Where are the sex videos? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2016 6:55 AM

We shall petition the judge to release Gable into our custody for 'rehabilitatia'

by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2016 7:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2016 7:31 AM

He'll be back on Tinder for hookup #262.

by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2016 7:37 AM

No, sorry we retract our offer after seeing in recent photos that he is no longer hot!

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2016 8:45 AM

Because of campaigns against violence against women, and 'white ribbon day', the media was quick to make out GT was another evil male, and WW was another innocent female.

Sadly the media does not want to consider that there are unstable women out there, just as there are unstable men out there.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2016 10:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2016 1:00 PM

She started hitting him? She soundED like such a great person.

Ugh. Can't stand wimps that like to beat on PEOPLE (regardlessofsexetcofcourse) who are stronger than they are and then freak out when said people don't sit down and let themselves be beaten like a punching bag.

Also, piercings <-- red flag.

by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2016 1:26 PM

I wonder if she was bipolar? They're pretty wacky after consuming alcohol. I wonder if she told him about all the cutting scars on her wrist before they met or right before they got drunk and fucked.

I agree with R139 and R141,

by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2016 2:19 PM

Don't go chasing Warrienas

Stick to the shellas and the mates that you're use to

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2016 2:30 PM

A real charmer. He might get more action now than he did before. Having sex with someone of notoriety will be a draw for the women that found him hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2016 3:51 PM

I wrote up thread that it is highly unlikely that this is the last we've heard of him. Though I do not find him to be directly responsible for her death, I do think he's a sociopath and he will fuck up again, in one way, or another.

Women would be imbeciles to hook up with this guy. He's a very bad "accident" waiting to happen... again!

by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2016 4:24 PM

Like I said @ r20.

by Anonymousreply 146October 20, 2016 4:57 PM

R139, he seems to be a pretty vile human being.

That doesn't make him guilty of murder, of course.

by Anonymousreply 147October 20, 2016 4:57 PM

He Is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 148October 20, 2016 5:56 PM

There will be enough women wanting a selfie with this bad boy, so he will be not be a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 149October 20, 2016 6:05 PM

He's hot but wtf is with that stupid name, are people down under normally called things like Gable Toastee? It sounds like a joke like Lemony Snicket

by Anonymousreply 150October 20, 2016 9:12 PM

You think that's bad his brother's name is Tennyson

by Anonymousreply 151October 21, 2016 5:56 AM

R148, check out straightfellas.com if you want to see hot Aussies being blown by a not so hot pornographer.

by Anonymousreply 152October 21, 2016 6:07 AM

[quote] I doubt his personal safety was at risk. He never called the cops, when he had her on the balcony.

She basically was out there less than a minute and started climbing down. She freaked out. And he did NOT keep her from getting her things. He said for her to leave and not take her things. There is nothing in the recording that shows that she tried to get her things. If she was trying to leave or get her things you would have heard her say, "give me my things", or "let me get my things". She doesn't say anything about her things. It seems like she had a lot of problems and then she added an incredible amount of alcohol to the situation. Not a good combination

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2016 6:24 AM

You sound like a barely functioning window licker R150. You too - R151.

How in the hell did either of you even manage to muster the motor skills to type your posts?

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2016 6:31 AM

R150 I like the name Gable. It sounds a little cocky or maybe arrogant. You would have to be good looking to actually pull it off. Someone unattractive would need to use their alternate name.

The name Warrienna would have been a dealbreaker. Especially for a hook up. She should styled it something like Wren or Warry. Or even Arienna. The W is too much for a female name.

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2016 6:32 AM

If I married him I'd be Melba Tostee.

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2016 6:37 AM

She should have stuck to okcupid. Then she could at least have got to know him a bit.

by Anonymousreply 157October 21, 2016 6:59 AM

I don't think she jumped. Why is she crying out no, no, no. and why not push her out the door, not into the balcony. He said he chucked her onto the balcony then claims not to recall when talking to his dad.

Why is he taping this?

by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2016 7:41 AM

He is fat now, Gross.

by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2016 7:51 AM

R153, I didn't realize she was only out there for maybe a minute. Here are recording excerpts transcribed tabloid style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2016 7:58 AM

Warriena is one of those "You were supposed to be a boy" names.

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2016 8:05 AM

Hey, R154 -- welcome to DataLounge, Gable!

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2016 9:59 AM

This is why all straight guys should now just give up and go gay. Its not worth the effort and the drama dealing with women and all their sexual neuroses nowadays. This would never happen if he picked up a guy. He'd get a great blowjob and call it a night.

by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2016 10:35 AM

R160, I previously posted links on this thread that have the transcripts to the recording. The police know the exact second everything happened. The audio recording was also released. This girl was crazy. He had earlier talked about wanting to cuddle and snuggle with her. She threw rocks at him (there are pictures at the above links of his apartment). He wanted to make her something to eat. She just kept getting crazier and crazier

And if you read the links you will see that basically she immediately began climbing down the balcony. The neighbor below was woken up by her screaming and the neighbor was scared to see legs hanging down from the balcony and started screaming too. That's probably startled the girl and made her fall right away. Although she would have fallen anyway. No one could have saved her from hanging off the balcony. It wasn't like he kept her out there for a long time. And even if he did, it would be suicidal to climb down a 14th floor balcony. He didn't kidnap her and he didn't steal her stuff. She was 3 times the legal limit for alcohol. That's a lot of alcohol for a skinny woman

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2016 10:38 AM

Where is the Aspergers troll now? Court records say this guy has some form of autism that leaves him at a "disadvantage in the normal social world". The autism defense might save him.

by Anonymousreply 165October 21, 2016 11:21 AM

He was already found not guilty, r165.

by Anonymousreply 166October 21, 2016 11:36 AM

I think the 'princess' / 'girl power' / 'girls can do anything' phenomena has really made a lot of young females just a wee bit cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 167October 21, 2016 11:52 AM

I agree R163. On the news this morning was the mugshot of a stunning tall dark muscular man who is arraigned on rape charges because he carried a drunk chick out of a bar and had sex with her 3 times. A gay guy would have camped out on his doorstep with flowers.

by Anonymousreply 168October 21, 2016 5:40 PM

It's against the law to have sex with a person that is too impaired to consent, R168. Carrying a drunk chick out of a bar, because she's too drunk to fight you off and you can rape her with little or no resistance, isn't being a hero.

I read a story like this. Drunk chick went home with a long time best friend. He called a bunch of his friends over and they gangbanged her. She'd known him two years.

Another story, woman got roofied, strange man starts carrying her out of the bar. She was too doped up to complain. A group of strange women thought something looked fishy, one got a guy to help and they stopped him and stayed with her until they got the police. She said later, she was aware she was being carried away but could do nothing. She was terrified. A lot of guys think drunk woman = cum dumpster.

Women have no upper body strength in the best of times and can't fight off guys that aren't even that strong. Drunk, they're as limp as a noodle. Rapey guys knows this. She probably wasn't the first.

by Anonymousreply 169October 21, 2016 6:07 PM

R169 (and other sarcasm impaired), I was not serious. Except for the part about the gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 170October 21, 2016 6:10 PM

[quote]I don't think she jumped. Why is she crying out no, no, no. and why not push her out the door, not into the balcony. He said he chucked her onto the balcony then claims not to recall when talking to his dad.

Reading that last transcript on R160) I believe he threw her off the balcony too. The phone records a door shutting. She screams no, no, no, and then there is a faint scream from her falling.

If he shut the door to the balcony w/o 'chuckin' her as he said he had the mind to do, then you wouldn't pick up the screams from a falling woman.

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2016 9:53 AM

He's a Cheese Toastee.

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2016 10:17 AM

R164 is right.

I just read the full (looong) transcript last night. she was "hears voices" crazy. Truly bonkers, and no matter how vile this guy was on other dates, it appears he actually tried to do the right thing by her. He put up with behavior that he noted was crazy and aggressive (not "bitchy," but balls-out violence, cray talk of demons and such) for HOURS.

Now, before I read the transcript, I thought the same thing that a lot of you did---that they fucked, he turned into a prick, she got emotional and insulting, he tried to throw her out without her things, and then forced her out on the balcony, an act that directly resulted in her death.

But that's not what happened.

R171, isn't there is a picture of her trying to climb down?

Another thing---she's Filipino and white, NOT Maori.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2016 4:52 PM

By the way---I'm a gay man, and I have seen incidents like the ones r169 described, and feel very strongly that sex with a drunk person who's too wasted to communicate fully (with complex sentences, exhibiting lucid thought) is too drunk to consent. These guys are predators. Period.

However, that has nothing to do with what hppened to this girl. She was obviously experiencing a bout of mania.

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2016 5:11 PM

She was hearing voices and obviously manic and he STILL fucked her?

Jeez, he's not picky.

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2016 10:57 PM

With the trial over, Gable Tostee now tells his side of the story. He sounds more articulate than I would have guessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 23, 2016 3:17 PM

How right r163 and r168 are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Nice British teeth @ r177's link.

by Anonymousreply 178October 23, 2016 4:51 PM

Yes, I don't see why the man in R177 couldn't have got all the tail he wanted based on his good looks alone.

by Anonymousreply 179October 23, 2016 6:00 PM

And I'd like to make the point (again, as I do every time I have the chance, but R177 makes the point more clear than ever) that men/chomos (sometimes excused as "ephebophiles" on the Datalounge) who are into much younger men/boys, are malign people who force and dominate their conquests. They are not benign men who are merely attracted to young pretty things. They have a need to control, humiliate and utterly take advantage of their sex partners, with devastating results, even if the date doesn't end in murder. This is why I am opposed in most circumstances to anybody seeking sex with somebody more than 5 or 10 year younger than they are.

by Anonymousreply 180October 23, 2016 6:18 PM

[quote]He sounds more articulate than I would have guessed.

Those are his lawyer's words. "For weeks he was in tears..."

WTF, before the body was cold, he was ordering a hot pizza!

by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2016 6:48 AM

[quote] WTF, before the body was cold, he was ordering a hot pizza!

Come on. Stop the hyperbole. The guy was drunk and hungry, and by his own words anxious, and ordered a slice of pizza while waiting for his dad to come pick him up.

by Anonymousreply 182October 25, 2016 3:25 AM

Never trust a man who looks like he waxes his eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 183October 25, 2016 3:30 AM

Gable Tostee's current girlfriend defended her man on FB. Now I really do feel sorry for him. He'll never get rid of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 25, 2016 5:05 AM

Never trust a man who spends all day reading about himself on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 185October 25, 2016 5:24 AM

I think he is hotter fat tbh. Looks less generic and more cuddly. Like a Wombat if you would.

by Anonymousreply 186October 25, 2016 5:43 AM

Wait the current girlfriend says he has "slight autism/ocd and add", is she DL's very own aspie troll?

by Anonymousreply 187October 25, 2016 5:46 AM

R177's link further convinces that there is at least one woman who probably died at the hands of Bill Cosby. We've only heard of the aspiring actresses that he raped while unconscious.

I'm willing to bet that Mr. Cosby also picked up a street working girl, here and there.

by Anonymousreply 188October 25, 2016 11:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 25, 2016 2:54 PM

Jeez, the current girlfriend wants to keep him in spite of scandal, autism, OCD, ADD, and possible sociopathy?

She's even less picky than he is!

by Anonymousreply 190October 25, 2016 3:08 PM

R189, booze and heights just don't mix, no matter where you're from, or where you are.

by Anonymousreply 191October 25, 2016 7:28 PM

If this hadn't happened they might have been at Dreamworld today....

by Anonymousreply 192October 25, 2016 8:29 PM

Did Gable and Warriana ever actually have sex? Drinking, selfies, rock throwing, balcony drama but it doesn't sound like they even had sex. She sounds more like an alcoholic than a nympho.

by Anonymousreply 193October 27, 2016 2:32 PM

They did have sex. He wanted to have sex again, or "just cuddle," but she wasn't interested.

If you read the whole transcript, it appears that he is fascinated by the size of his dick. Asked her to confirm that it was the biggest one she had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 194October 28, 2016 2:15 AM

Straight people are so messy.

by Anonymousreply 195October 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 7, 2016 7:06 PM

Did he shag her before she fell?

by Anonymousreply 197July 23, 2020 11:57 AM

I HOPE YOU ARE GRINDR'D TO A GRISLY PULP, THREAD BUMPER

by Anonymousreply 198July 23, 2020 12:12 PM

R198 come up on my balcony

by Anonymousreply 199July 23, 2020 12:23 PM

One day, like a miracle, he’ll disappear

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2020 12:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!