Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timeless TV show

Premiered tonight. Time travel. First episode was the Hindenburg. Some hot guys... including the lead good guy and lead bad guy.

Goran Visnjic and Matt Lanter ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 10, 2019 9:03 PM

I probably would have loved this show at age 12, but it seems pretty ho-hum to me now. I do think it would be better placed at 8:00 rather than 10:00 -- but it's a moot point, it won't last long.

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2016 3:03 AM

Poor reviews but I thought the first episode was ok. Not really sure the concept can sustain itself over an extended series though.

The lady lead was on Mad Men for several episodes as Don's barefoot teacher mistress. Still pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2016 3:07 AM

I agree, it's totally an 8pm show. Or maybe 9pm at the latest. 10pm is just too late for something this ... banal.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2016 3:07 AM

R2 cannot stand that actress. Her features are so plastic. She's a bore.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2016 3:09 AM

Does anyone remember the TV show, "Time Tunnel"?

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2016 3:11 AM

Never actually saw it r5. But back in the 80s I found the board game in the attic loft at my grandmother's summer cottage. Pretty sure we played it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2016 3:20 AM

I love time travel and history shows.

I hope they are reliably historically accurate.

The History Channel is notoriously inaccurate. It's a terrible shame.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2016 3:25 AM

I'm watching the show on time-delay now.

by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2016 3:26 AM

I'll tune in for the hot guys. There are hints of an interesting conspiracy behind it all. It was relatively tongue-in-cheek which was entertaining.

I'll keep tuning in, but it's hardly "appointment television" or anything you'd talk about around the water-cooler.

The time slot will kill it, imho. It means most people who would be in the target audience will either be heading to bed, or will have to watch it delayed the next day or so. That'll kill ratings and it's unlikely to make it. It looks kind of expensive to make, with all the required special effects.

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2016 3:29 AM

It's hard to follow a show with commercials even when I DVR them-out.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2016 3:31 AM

Did they show penis or penetration?

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2016 3:49 AM

I liked it, but it had about 15 minutes of cable-style content in the hour.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2016 3:52 AM

Big fan of Abigail Spencer. She is in the Sundance series Rectify.

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2016 3:21 PM

Matt Lanter. That is the guy with from the Christian fundie background who was caught talking to guys on DudeTube.

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2016 3:26 PM

Developed by the Supernatural creator Eric Kripke. Am I sensing a theme here...

After reading not that glowing reviews I was surprised to find the show's got 85% Fresh at RottenTomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2016 4:47 PM

NBC’s “Timeless” put up decent, but not great, premiere numbers following “The Voice” Monday night. The show drew a 1.9 rating in adults 18-49, down from both “The Good Place” premiere two weeks ago (2.3) and “Blindspot’s” debut last season (3.1).

It also decisively won the new-show battle over ABC’s “Conviction,” which put up a 1.0 for its premiere — slightly below “Castle’s” 1.1 average in the time period last year and among the lower series premieres of the season so far.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2016 4:52 PM

Liked it. I'll stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2016 5:01 PM

Let me know when Lanter presents hole. You know he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2016 5:29 PM

Goran is "Dinner and a Movie", I want him to fuck me hard with his C roatian-Bosnian Manhood. I eat his BABIES too!! The other dude is Fine but he screams Twinky, I rather screm Goran's name while we are playing WW2!!

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2016 6:53 PM

I liked it. It's exciting and cool to see how much they'll screw up history.

I think the Goran character is the skeletal chicks' son.

That girl needs to eat a sandwich or 10.

Kripke is trying for a Dean Version 2 with the hot twink 😛😛😛

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2016 7:56 PM

I watched because of Kripke's legacy (Supernatural fan), however I knew I would have a hard time with the black dude going back in time. I don't want to watch him get treated badly as a POC in history - there's enough of that now.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2016 8:56 PM

The show is doing many things right but at the same time there's this weird blandness to it. Coming from Kripke not really a surprise since Supernatural took a long time to create emotional connection with the stories. The first few seasons were dry as hell.

The female lead is probably the one I enjoyed the most. Lanter is certainly easy on the eyes but his presence wasn't as strong as one might've hoped, although having seen his acting before I can't say I'm too surprised. He's not a terrible actor actually but there's just some oomph missing. I sort of wish I didn't know anything about his private life and his recent pandering to the fundies.

I'm optimistic, though, and will keep watching. I was impressed by the production quality. Not a cheap show to make.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2016 5:56 AM

R13 cannot stand her and her boring face. Terrible nose job.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2016 10:35 PM

That actress was EXCELLENT as "Scotty" in Suits. I'm watching just because I loved that character. Her character had a range of crazy emotions - in love, frustrated, annoyed, professional restraint, helplessness...I'm just sad this means she probably won't be back on Suits. Most actresses just do the "bitchy voice with sarcasm" thing, but not this chicka. LOVE HER (even tho I have no idea what her name is).

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2016 11:13 PM

Debut episode was enjoyable enough. But it felt very disposable.

Don't really see the series sustaining it self over a full season. They're going to essentially tell the same story over again -- go to the past, but come back to present and find out that something has changed. That will get old quick. The poor treatment of the black guy will also get old quickly.

The concept is also exactly the same as the CW's Legends of Tomorrow, which has the advantage of an 8 p.m. time slot and superheroes with superpowers.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2016 12:24 AM

R25, to be fair even if Timeless is not perfect by any means Legends of Tomorrow is still a pile of crap next to it.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2016 5:47 AM

OP's photo is from like 2005

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2016 9:51 AM

Has Matt Lanter done anything else besides that video??

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2016 9:58 AM

R28, many of us here probably remember Lanter from Manhunt: The Search For America's Most Gorgeous Male Model. That was 2004. Considering his start he's actually had a great career. He was the voice of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Clone Wars for 6 years, he was in the reboot of 90210 for 5 seasons and starred in a CW teen sci-fi Starcrossed for one season. He's also had loads and loads of guest appearances in various tv shows, he's done voice over work for games and animations, and he's acted in a few films as well. I'm actually impressed by the amount of work he's done. I mean we're talking about a pretty boy who got his start in a reality modeling show. The only other reality show guy I remember having a great career (at least so far) is David Giuntoli from Grimm.

I had actually totally forgotten Lanter was voicing Skywalker in The Clone Wars. Even if I don't normally find his acting that nuanced his voice work in The Clone Wars was really good.

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2016 11:41 AM

Abigail spencer (the main actress) ruined her once interesting face with a generic nose job that makes her so bland looking.

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2016 12:38 PM

I remember when Abigail Spencer played the virginal ingenue on All My Children. She was not horrible, but rather bland, probably largely due to the writing. Her character's identity was largely that she felt strongly about keeping her virginity. It looked like they were planning on making her and bad boy Josh Duhmal a couple, but the spoiler Greenlee had much better chemistry with him, and they became the couple.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2016 1:39 PM

So, episode 2 was even better than episode 1.

Lots of little moments that speak to deeper things to be revealed.

I'm actually kind of interested now.

by Anonymousreply 32October 11, 2016 3:00 AM

Too many commercials, though.

by Anonymousreply 33October 11, 2016 3:38 AM

I like the concept, but don't know if I can stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 34October 11, 2016 3:47 AM

The guy who played Tod Lincoln was hot and Matt showed nice nipplage.

by Anonymousreply 35October 11, 2016 4:07 AM

I'm enjoying it.

Agree about the excellent production values.

It would probably be best to keep it to one season and wrap up all the modern character story lines.

The part about Booth saving Robert Lincoln from falling onto a train track is true.

by Anonymousreply 36October 11, 2016 4:23 AM

I watched Conviction. Maybe I'll check this out online.

by Anonymousreply 37October 11, 2016 4:25 AM

Hmmmmm, Quantum Leap?

by Anonymousreply 38October 11, 2016 4:28 AM

Not quite, R38. But it's an interesting mash-up of other shows in the same genre, including the current Legends of Tomorrow (and let's face it... that show is pretty terrible).

So far this show is only okay... but they've been planting little seeds that make me think it could blossom into something fairly compelling. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 39October 11, 2016 4:57 AM

In the first episode the bad guy (blanked on his name) said that journal or diary he was referencing would be written by her. Are they hinting at time travel to the future or is he from the future traveling back in time?

by Anonymousreply 40October 11, 2016 6:10 AM

I enjoyed the first episode. I'm hoping they'll send Matt Lanter back to a time when people didn't wear clothes. Damn he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2016 6:17 AM

Yup, R41. He's 50% of the reason I watch. Just to stare at his face.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2016 4:27 PM

The diary plot device reminds me of Doctor Who and the River Song story arc. And after episode two and I am already tired of the whole "we should change this tragic event / No, we should not ! / YES, we should change it and create a better future / But what if the new future is even worse than the one we know????" argument. I gather the other leads' present will change as well at some point (like the wife of Lanter's character being alive)?

The fiancè was on The Witches of East End.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2016 4:36 PM

“Timeless” fell some in its second week, dropping three tenths of a point to a 1.5 -- still ahead of Scorpion (1.3) and Conviction (0.9 and not long for this world).

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2016 5:06 PM

I loved this episode! I know it's just a show and history can never be changed but I got a little teary-eyed when the lady met the president.

It makes you wonder "what-if" over so, so many things.

I still think that Flynn character is going to turn out to be her son. We already saw he's not the fiancé.

I'm really liking this.

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2016 7:47 PM

Meh, it reminds me of too many other shows: Quantum Leap, Sliders, Doctor Who, Torchwood...

Matt Lanter is gorgeous, but I'm not watching a show just for him. >:(

Did anyone else notice how goddamn TINY the lead chick's hand is, when Goran grabbed it in the train station? Jesus Christ, it looked like he was holding a child's hand!

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2016 9:51 PM

R45, if he's her son, he has to be from the future traveling back to our time. Right?

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2016 9:51 PM

Matt Lanter Is handsome, but he also looks like every handsome male lead is every similar TV show for years. In general. That's not a bad thing, but every so often, it's nice to see a "Jake" Gyllenhaal or other oddly handsome dude thrown into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2016 10:33 PM

[quote]it's nice to see a "Jake" Gyllenhaal or other oddly handsome dude thrown into the mix.

I wish Jake could have done BBM with Aaron Tveit.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2016 10:36 PM

BBM?

by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2016 11:22 PM

Matt is no longer model gorgeous... so pass.

by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2016 11:29 PM

I am trying to like it but the two leads are not very good: the lead chick's face is so unattractive that it's distracting and Matt Lanter is a lightweight. However, I'm interested to see how they can undo/redo some of this (considering the lead gal's diary they showed in the first episode that she wrote in as a child discussed the moonwalk in 1969 and she wasn't even born then, so how can that be?).

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2016 11:30 PM

Will there be a guest appearance by Meeno Peluce??

by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2016 11:32 PM

I guess, R47.

He hasn't really hurt her so he's connected somehow.

He does have a time machine at his disposal. So, yeah, he probably went back from his time to our current time and he keeps going further back in time.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2016 12:05 AM

It was revealed that Lucy's father isn't who she thought he was.

Could the Flynn character turn out to be her father?

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2016 12:08 AM

R52, there are time machines involved. Assume she wrote the diary as an adult. For now, anyway. Everything is on the table.

Time machine. Remember that.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2016 12:17 AM

[quote]BBM?

Brokeback Mountain (BM is already taken).

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2016 3:13 AM

Now there's a thought, R55.

Interesting. 🤔🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2016 4:40 PM

I want Flynn to be my SEX DADDY!! You can have the twink.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2016 4:55 PM

R59 There's no twink on this show. Or else, I would be watching. LOL

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2016 5:45 PM

[quote]Matt is no longer model gorgeous... so pass.

We're gonna have to talk Matt off the ledge because of R51.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2016 5:52 PM

I saw the second episode about Lincoln. It is getting better and better. The lead actress is the best. The black computer guy seems kinda...dull. He has no range. I'd prefer it just be the historian chick and Matt, but I think NBC wants this to be more "family focused" and having a male and female lead = romance, so they have to add the third wheel to break up the tension.

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2016 1:57 AM

Poor ratings? It's 84% on Rotten Tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2016 2:13 AM

The lead actress is Abigail Spencer, Don Draper's school teacher mistress and the queen of the Fappening.

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2016 2:14 AM

They are doing an episode called Atomic and I hope the do they Indianapolis. Matt Lanter's grandfather was one of the survivors.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2016 3:19 AM

Anyone watch tonight??

(I DVRd it and won't get to it until tomorrow)

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2016 6:44 AM

Disappointing episode. Set in Las Vegas, but somehow didn't capture the excitement of Vegas in the early 60s.

This was the last episode that I intend to watch. Too many other thing competing for my time.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2016 10:19 AM

It wasn't nearly as good tonight as I thought it would be. And the Frank Sinatra stand-in, always shot from behind, made it seem like a z-list budget show. It was interesting to use Kennedy's mistress, though I wish they had used Monroe instead.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2016 11:01 AM

It went up in the ratings!!!!

Yay!! That Back To The Future reference was funny.

So Flynn wants a friggin atomic bomb??? 😱😱😱 it was genius to bury it for over 50 years.

That fiancé is beyond gorgeous! , I can see how Flynn would be a combo of both of them. I wouldn't have left 😜😜

by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2016 7:30 PM

So, an atomic bomb head was stolen from a military base and it didn't have any historical consequences since nobody figured out that the shady mistress stole the keys from the captain of the military base? Sure.

This is CW level of entertainment, but for that there are not enough hot guys to keep me entertained.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2016 7:43 PM

R70 Yeah, a few years ago, Lanter might have been hot enough to draw me in, but now he's just a tad above AWG.

by Anonymousreply 71October 18, 2016 8:12 PM

R71 has no clue what the word 'average' means.

And the guy who played JFK was so fucking hot in the opening shirtless scene in the bed. DAMN!

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2016 1:20 AM

I liked it. I think the show is moving at a decent pace. I'm in for the rest of the season. But I won't be shocked if it doesn't get a second.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2016 1:00 PM

[quote]The lead actress is the best. The black computer guy seems kinda...dull. He has no range. I'd prefer it just be the historian chick and Matt, but I think NBC wants this to be more "family focused" and having a male and female lead = romance, so they have to add the third wheel to break up the tension.

I also wish it was just the historian and Matt.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2016 1:23 PM

I don't like the actress, so I wish the part would be recast.

by Anonymousreply 75October 21, 2016 10:32 PM

Is Goran Visnjic in every episode. I hate him. He ruined ER.

by Anonymousreply 76October 21, 2016 11:24 PM

Matt Lanter needs to lose 10 pounds of baby fat.

by Anonymousreply 77October 21, 2016 11:25 PM

R77 That's not baby fat... that's the start of middle age bloat.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2016 12:04 AM

Well, he needs to do something about it, R78. ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2016 12:05 AM

R79 Won't be much use... Look at what happened to Channing Tatum (who's only 3 years older than Matt!).

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2016 12:10 AM

The black guy was memorably great on "Better Off Ted."

Max Headroom (Matt Frewer) was in the first and third episodes.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2016 5:28 AM

God I wish Better Off Ted had been on a more supportive network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2016 5:38 AM

Took it off of my DVR.

Such a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2016 9:17 PM

I've only watched the JFK episode, so I don't know what Goran Višnjić wants, or why. He's one of the least appealing actors I can think of. He killed ER for me. Matt Lanter looks fat and is Xtian to the 10th power. Which leaves Abby Spencer, whom I remember from Suits. She's my favorite character after one episode.

I'm tempted to watch the first two eps, to see if I care enough to watch every week. But maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2016 9:26 PM

[quote] Such a disappointment.

I disagree. So far it's the only new series I'm pretty certain to stick with.

No final decision yet on Frequency or Designated Survivor. They're on the bubble. If DS goes fullbore Muslim apologist as it seems to be leaning, it's gone.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2016 9:26 PM

R84 I couldn't even get my self to watch the premiere episode because that cast doesn't do much for me. Every time I wanted to stream it and give it a try, I thought about watching those three for 40 minutes and chose something else to watch. lol

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2016 9:29 PM

Timeless is barely ok. To me Matt Lanter is the one thing that I hate the most about the show. Otherwise it would be harmless entertainment, but whenever he's on the screen I always cringe and think about the stupid Christian family friendly image and how often he plugs his wife in interviews. He puts me off bigtime. McGyver is hardly better, but what puts it way, way above Timeless for me is that it doesn't feature Matt Lanter.

That's how I judge all TV shows this season. No Tomorrow? Joshua Sasse and no Matt Lanter? A bit better than Timeless. Westworld? Jason Marsden and no Matt Lanter? Way better than Timeless, etc.

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2016 9:43 PM

I don't mind it and think it is kind of fun, but the obligatory scene with them catching up with Goran, having a fight where he gets a way, and a scene with him saying something cryptic to the female lead have gotten repetitive. They need to think of a different way for them to interact, and spend a little time developing Goran and what makes him tick

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2016 10:52 PM

They should kill Goran. ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2016 10:58 PM

Goran's character is probably the father of Abigail Spencer's character. Spencer is the cast member I like in this. She was terrific on Rectify.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2016 11:45 PM

She's very good. She was perfect on mad men.

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2016 12:00 AM

I LOVE Abigail Spencer. I never knew the name of the actress, only knew her as Scottie from Suits and I guess forgot to research her on IMDB. I loved the Scottie character - I really identified with her. Very different that the Timeless historian character. Hopefully Scottie will do cameos on Suits.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2016 9:52 PM

If it were on at 9, or they killed Goran, I'd watch it again. I watch Conviction at 10.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2016 10:11 PM

[quote] I watch Conviction at 10.

You won't have that obstacle much longer.

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2016 10:19 PM

Then Monday will be a non-TV night.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2016 10:20 PM

I watched the pilot of Conviction yesterday on Hulu and didn't like. Years ago, ABC had another show about lawyers and wrongful convictions that got canned after several episodes. I've enjoyed the first episodes of Timeless.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2016 10:25 PM

Isn't it cool that network TV has a show with a female lead who isn't a lawyer, cop, federal agent, or "entrepreneur?" She's a history professor who is trying to get tenure! I like the novelty of it.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2016 10:29 PM

I have to say, I loved tonight's episode. It was so much fun, with all the James Bond references.

by Anonymousreply 98October 25, 2016 3:51 AM

It was fantastic!!!

Great dialogue. I loved the Bond references.

So Flynn didnt want the USA to get the bomb?

So crazy Doc Brown needed the plutonium to power up his time machine? So fucking cool.

I'm loving this.

by Anonymousreply 99October 25, 2016 4:04 AM

I agree R90. Spencer was my favorite character in Rectify. By the way, the final season of Rectify, starts tomorrow night on Sundance.

by Anonymousreply 100October 25, 2016 2:00 PM

I thought last night's show was a ton of fun... I'm in for the rest of the season for sure now.

by Anonymousreply 101October 25, 2016 6:08 PM

Last night's show was the best so far.

But I am getting weary of the same plot week after week. Go to the past and save something, but return to the present and find something has changed.

by Anonymousreply 102October 25, 2016 7:32 PM

R102 Many tv shows have gone for many seasons on a simple gimmick like that.

by Anonymousreply 103October 25, 2016 7:49 PM

The show is ok. Fun. But it needs to start explaining itself. So many holes in why or how the whole concept works that it's starting to get tired already. Same formula every episode.

The whole inevitable romance between Lucy (Abigail) and Wyatt (Matt) is already looking to be the most tired, boring trope they could do. Completely unnecessary. Trying to play it up little by little, but it's clearly forced. No chemistry between the two actors/characters anyway. They squabble like siblings, not potential lovers.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but i think Rufus (Malcolm's characters) is the most interesting...along with the villain, the Connor Mason character, and the whole Rittenhouse concept. That little moment at the end of the last episode is far more interesting that any of the actual time travel so far. And while Rufus brings the humor better than Wyatt (Matt Lanter) can, it's that character's vulnerability that is actually far more interesting that the two other leads. I like Abigail Spencer and Matt Lanter, but they are not the strengths of the show, and as leads, they should be. Abigail is very 'by the books, and Matt is (as said above) kind of 'lightweight'.

It's entertaining. But something is not hitting where it should - the time travel and main leads. It's the side players, the villain and the Rittenhouse plot that are far more interesting than the whole show premise itself.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2016 4:55 AM

R104 I actually thought they could get rid of Rufus and the show would be a lot better. He is the weak link in the show.

by Anonymousreply 105October 26, 2016 5:10 AM

R105 No. Wyatt is the weak link.

Really...a "Delta Force" soldier that pretty much fucks up every thing he does. So many times I think, 'really, as the trained soldier, you're going to do that?' The character barely thinks with his head. He gets his ass beat most of the time, and he clearly doesn't care about not changing history/the butterfly effect, or how it all affects anyone else but himself because of the dead wife trope. And the whole thing in that Lincoln episode, like really...Lucy losing her sister is nothing like having lost your dead wife. Most likely she lost her because of his knack for just doing anything without thinking of the consequences. This would be the last solider I would send on this type of mission. In promotions, Matt keeps selling him as a 'Han Solo/Indiana Jones' type...ok, maybe a third rate version without the charm. It's just a bland typical male lead type that could have been so much more (and it's a bummer because I really like Matt).

As for Rufus, he has the bigger moral and personal dilemma. A black man going back in history, for one (and everything that entails). Being the intellectual of the group (along with Lucy) and having no real training in how to defend himself in these situations (and the soldier clearly doesn't do that great of a job). The spying issue of his team mates and now being threatened by Rittenhouse. The ultimatums from his boss. The struggle with being responsible for helping create something that is unprecedented in his field, and the ramifications that will now have. And as being the most vulnerable character (in more ways than one), he steps up to the plate with more conviction than Wyatt ever really does...with far more at risk, with far more to lose.

by Anonymousreply 106October 26, 2016 11:14 AM

I agree, Wyatt is the weak link. And I'm tired of the change history for the better vs. keep history intact argument in every single episode. I don't want to rehash the whole ethics of time travel every single time. And it comes off way too preachy like the leads have this moral highground who can change everything for the better for everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 107October 26, 2016 11:37 AM

R87 Oh you've noticed that Matt can't seem to do a single interview without showing off his wife, or professing his Christianity since he got married.

He's always asked "if you could go back in time, where would you go?", and he always says 'you know, I'm a Christian, so those great moments in history like the last supper, or the crucifixion or resurrection." Who wants to tell him..........

And the wife goes everywhere with him. Literally. He can't seem to do his work, promote, travel, talk to his fans on facebook, etc. without the wife being there. Every. Single. Time.

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2016 12:59 PM

I agree with R106. Rufus is becoming the most interesting character. I feel bad for him what with all the pressure he's getting from so many directions.

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2016 5:16 PM

If Matt Lanter still looked like that (see R1), I would be watching this show.

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2016 8:11 PM

R110 I meant see OP photo!

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2016 8:12 PM

Feels more like an 8:00 show than a true 10:00 show. I think that late slot is kind of killing it.

by Anonymousreply 112October 27, 2016 12:07 AM

Right R112? This show is on too late for kids to watch and it seems that is who it's main audience should be. I would've loved this show if it was on when I was in elementary school. I would've wanted the lunch box tie in.

by Anonymousreply 113October 27, 2016 12:18 AM

[quote]Feels more like an 8:00 show than a true 10:00 show. I think that late slot is kind of killing it.

I might watch it if it were on at 8 or, even better, 9. I am liking Conviction at 10, which isn't going to change unless it gets canceled.

by Anonymousreply 114October 27, 2016 12:30 AM

Well, their episode count got reduced, R114.

by Anonymousreply 115October 27, 2016 1:07 AM

I want Paterson Joseph (Mason) 's big, thick British uncut cock inside me quite deeply. After a hot and heavy make-out session, of course. I've had the hots for him ever since Peep Show on BBC America.

by Anonymousreply 116October 30, 2016 12:37 AM

Matt Lanter has such pretty skin. The show is worth watching to see him.

by Anonymousreply 117October 30, 2016 12:47 AM

I can't watch it anymore. After running into Ian Fleming and Verner Von Braun in one location, I have to flush-out my brain. And the characters have no chemistry. This show will not go two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 118October 30, 2016 4:25 AM

I think they're going to show Wyatt has a drinking problem and that is why he is a crappy soldier/chosen for the team. Rufus gave him a sideways look last episode when he downed his drink in one gulp and his drinking was mentioned and shown in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 119October 31, 2016 6:19 AM

Rufus is the weak link on the show. Poor actor.

by Anonymousreply 120October 31, 2016 4:59 PM

I agree, R120. And he's got zero appeal. Bad casting error.

by Anonymousreply 121October 31, 2016 5:19 PM

At least Malcolm is a stronger actor than Matt.

by Anonymousreply 122October 31, 2016 7:11 PM

I actually think that they were gonna give the woman the drinking problem.

She seriously side-eyed the drink she was given at the Nazi club and another time before that.

The Alamo!!! Tonight!!! Can't wait 🤗🤗

by Anonymousreply 123October 31, 2016 7:38 PM

If they replace Matt Lanter, I'm out.

(his character just got fired, and they're saying this is his last mission, he's being replaced)

by Anonymousreply 124November 1, 2016 2:08 AM

They must spend a shit-load on sets and costumes and extras.

by Anonymousreply 125November 1, 2016 2:14 AM

R124 Who would they replace Matt Lanter with? Hypothetically. Someone younger and hotter?

by Anonymousreply 126November 1, 2016 2:16 AM

Matt Lanter gone? That means the show can only get better.

by Anonymousreply 127November 1, 2016 2:37 AM

He isn't a drunk, he has PTSD

by Anonymousreply 128November 1, 2016 2:52 AM

He's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 129November 1, 2016 2:53 AM

Wow, the guy who would have replaced him was EVEN HOTTER. Damn!

by Anonymousreply 130November 1, 2016 3:00 AM

Of course they didn't let go of that plank of wood, before they deal with his stupid backstory of his dead wife.

by Anonymousreply 131November 1, 2016 3:10 AM

Matt's a principal cast member. They're not going to get rid of him by only the 5th episode.

by Anonymousreply 132November 1, 2016 5:10 AM

R131 Show me a "plank of wood" that attractive. :;-P

by Anonymousreply 133November 1, 2016 5:13 AM

Though we've only seem him shirtless in episode 2, anyone notice that Matt doesn't look like he's been working out too much anymore?

by Anonymousreply 134November 1, 2016 5:16 AM

R134 He's an aging married white man... you expect some bloating.

by Anonymousreply 135November 1, 2016 5:19 AM

R135 33 is aging?

by Anonymousreply 136November 1, 2016 5:25 AM

R136 Over 30 is aging on HDTV.

by Anonymousreply 137November 1, 2016 5:27 AM

He was actually at his most in shape second half of season 2 90210. From there, until now, he's slowly gotten relatively softer (though he's always been kind of soft).

But for being a "Delta Force Sargent", you'd think he would have bulked up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 138November 1, 2016 5:33 AM

Matt is a gorgeous man. A grown man. Datalounge just seems polluted with psuedo pedos who want him to look like a teen to get their rocks off.. What sickos.

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2016 5:45 AM

If anyone's interested, Matt does Facebook Live chats after most episodes , and you'll notice the wife is feeding him questions to answer through pretty much every one of these vids. (The man can't do anything by himself anymore, it seems) -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2016 6:45 AM

They pop up too fast. He got 3300 comments in 40-something minutes. If you ever watch periscopes of big events you'll see how fast comments fly by on the screen. But, you're right, she is a suffocating presence.

by Anonymousreply 141November 1, 2016 9:04 AM

[quote]He was actually at his most in shape second half of season 2 90210. From there, until now, he's slowly gotten relatively softer (though he's always been kind of soft).

The baby fat look has always suited him. And, a bit surprisingly, still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 1, 2016 9:33 AM

R132, several shows have gotten rid of central characters, dearly on. "Vanished" is one where the lead was killed off only 5 or 6 episodes in.

by Anonymousreply 143November 1, 2016 2:53 PM

So Garcia Flynn wanted to keep TX from unifying? Ultimately to stop it from joining the USA? Curiouser and curiouser.

I loved Gorans' Spanish. Beautiful!

I love the Davey Crocket actor. Always have.

So Matts character have survivors guilt. Poor guy

Another exciting episode.

by Anonymousreply 144November 1, 2016 5:41 PM

In his conversation with General Santa Anna, Flynn mentioned being a father.

Guess who his child, his DAUGHTER, will turn out to be.

by Anonymousreply 145November 1, 2016 5:51 PM

NBC has asked for three more episodes of “Timeless,” bringing its total for the season to 16.

by Anonymousreply 146November 1, 2016 9:03 PM

So they are not getting a full season R146.

by Anonymousreply 147November 1, 2016 9:05 PM

It was never intended to be a full season of 22 episodes -- it was originally scheduled for 13, and NBC is happy enough with the ratings that it ordered three additional episodes.

“Timeless” is off next week for a “Saturday Night Live” election special but will return for a five-episode run on Nov. 14. It will then take the holidays off and return for its final six episodes starting Jan. 16.

by Anonymousreply 148November 1, 2016 9:10 PM

Yup, it was originally planned for only 13 eps. So it kind of is as much a 'full season' as it's gonna get. Even This is Us's full season order is only 18 eps.

So what are the odds on a 2nd season for Timeless? The ratings are fairly good, but not great. And not as big as I'm guessing they wanted for a show that had a very expensive promo campaign, as well as compared to previous shows in that timeslot that pulled in bigger numbers. Not to mention the budget of this kind of show...

by Anonymousreply 149November 2, 2016 1:58 AM

We're supposed to get some answers in next weeks Watergate episode.

by Anonymousreply 150November 2, 2016 2:24 AM

They need an earlier timeslot for this show to build ratings.

by Anonymousreply 151November 2, 2016 3:15 AM

[quote] They need an earlier timeslot for this show to build ratings.

Absolutely. Although I think they got a little too cutsie with Ian Fleming, so far there hasn't been one disappointing episode. I'd like this show to have a fair chance. And the storryline so far isn't that gritty or adult to necessitate the late timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 152November 2, 2016 3:24 AM

I absolutely love Abigail Spencer on the Sundance series Rectify. Not so much on this.

by Anonymousreply 153November 2, 2016 10:17 PM

Yeah, Garcia Flynn OBVIOUSLY is Lucy's father.

Matt is fucking HOT and beautiful, he reminds me a bit of Jon-Erik Hexum

by Anonymousreply 154November 3, 2016 5:16 AM

Goran looks awful. He used to be beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 155November 3, 2016 7:17 PM

Matt's eyes are extraordinary. They really are mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 156November 3, 2016 8:14 PM

Rufus just opens his mouth and eyes really wide to show surprise. That's the extent of his acting.

by Anonymousreply 157November 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Bull.

by Anonymousreply 158November 6, 2016 2:19 AM

So what are the odds of a 2nd season?

by Anonymousreply 159November 6, 2016 2:26 AM

Better if they move to an earlier time slot.

by Anonymousreply 160November 6, 2016 2:27 AM

Matt Lanter looks REALLY hot when tied to a chair.

I would so do naughty things to him in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 161November 15, 2016 2:24 AM

While Matt probably not strong enough to be the lead (I think he would fine as the second lead - in old TV shows the guy who does all the leg work while the older veteran actor is the star), I think Goran might be a weaker link. For the big bad, he is just not that compelling. You can get by with the hero being a little more wooden, but the villain needs to keep your attention.

by Anonymousreply 162November 15, 2016 2:34 AM

This conspiracy is great, I love this reveal.

by Anonymousreply 163November 15, 2016 2:41 AM

I like the show, but based on their premise the series would be limited.

by Anonymousreply 164November 15, 2016 3:10 AM

[quote]I absolutely love Abigail Spencer on the Sundance series Rectify. Not so much on this.

I also love her on Rectify. If this show doesn't get a second season, I hope some cable network snaps up Abigail for a show. She is the type that does well on well written cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 165November 15, 2016 3:12 AM

Kick-ass episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 166November 15, 2016 3:14 AM

Agreed. Best episode so far.

Glenn Ford in his later years did a TV movie called Brotherhood of the Bell, A secret society that had controlled America since colonial times. But no time travel. This is shaping up into a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 167November 15, 2016 3:31 AM

Brotherhood of the Bell! I remember seeing that as a kid.

I think that Goran is more interesting to watch than the other 3 leads. I agree that Matt isn't strong enough to be a lead, and I still don't find what's her name to be compelling. Her face is a mask.

However, I am interested in the story, love the twists/reveals and will continue watching.

by Anonymousreply 168November 15, 2016 4:31 AM

I also enjoyed this episode and Rufus wasn't that annoying in this one.

by Anonymousreply 169November 15, 2016 11:50 AM

So, who was her bio father calling, at the end?

by Anonymousreply 170November 15, 2016 11:16 PM

Well, I was wrong about Flynn turning out to be Lucy's father.

John Getz is hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 171November 15, 2016 11:20 PM

In this recap they're saying that Lucy's biological father is the Rittenhouse guy who's been threatening Rufus. WTF?? I didn't notice that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 16, 2016 12:49 AM

r172 It was the final scene of last night's show. Hard to miss it.

by Anonymousreply 173November 16, 2016 5:12 AM

R173, it didn't look like the same guy, that's what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 174November 16, 2016 2:22 PM

He looked the same to me but he was wearing completely different clothing than he had before, if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 175November 16, 2016 8:26 PM

john getz both scenes

by Anonymousreply 176November 16, 2016 9:02 PM

Could be that he plays twin brothers or something like that. The son looked cute in a twink sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 177November 19, 2016 7:25 AM

I like that the secrets are now out, but it's kind of funny that they couldn't come up with a secret for the void called Matt Lanter's character. Like the military guy is not able to have his own secret mission he has to keep secret from the other two and instead has to be the betrayed soldier out there alone on his own not being able to trust his comrades.

by Anonymousreply 178November 19, 2016 7:28 AM

I know a romance is in the cards for Lucy and Wyatt, but damn. She looks like his cool aunt. They are not visually compatible.

by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2016 5:48 PM

The black billionaire is such a hottie and the actor is great too.

by Anonymousreply 180November 26, 2016 12:47 AM

Matt Lanter needs to be more naked more often.

They need to go back to Roman times and put him in a toga. Just the bottom half of one.

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2016 6:53 PM

R181 True. But he's probably in that "I want to be taken seriously as a real actor" phase of his career.

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2016 8:30 PM

I loved tonight's episode

by Anonymousreply 183November 29, 2016 4:10 AM

It was fantastic!

There's a movie coming out about several African American women who worked for NASA.

So that was his mom and step-brother, that's cool. She was a rocket scientist! Wow.

by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2016 4:15 AM

Honestly, I think it gets better with each episode. Tonight's episode was fantastic. Thrilling, interesting, fun, and every plot point advanced some. Great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2016 4:28 AM

Historians typically are not know-it-alls of all eras. They specialize. So, it's a little off-putting that the historian knows every date that the bad guy targets with his way-back machine.

"OMG, 1812, why that's the year the American War of 1812 started! But it's also the date Napoleon invaded Russia!! What to do!"

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2016 3:41 AM

Rufus, you go to Russia. You're a Black man, so you'll get right in to see Napoleon. Wyatt, go to the White House and seduce Dolly Madison. Don't forget to save the portrait of Washington. I'll do something no woman of that era would ever have done. Okay, let's roll!

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2016 3:48 AM

[quote]Historians typically are not know-it-alls of all eras. They specialize. So, it's a little off-putting that the historian knows every date that the bad guy targets with his way-back machine.

I really like this show, but I agree with you on the historian.

by Anonymousreply 188December 9, 2016 3:51 AM

Yeah this show requires a large amount of suspension of disbelief but it's still fun as hell

by Anonymousreply 189December 9, 2016 1:48 PM

I agree that it's fun. I remember that they walked on the moon around midnight or after (we got our Dad out of bed so he could see it), not during the day as shown on this week's episode, but that's been the only big error I found, but really, I could care less because I was enjoying the show.

by Anonymousreply 190December 10, 2016 3:24 AM

Lucy and Wyatt have NO CHEMISTRY whatsoever and the "romanve" between them should be canned.

Abigail whatsherface looks like a starving anorexic and it's painful to watch her in..everything, actually.

by Anonymousreply 191December 10, 2016 2:31 PM

I think Lucy and Wyatt have some chemistry - but it is more of a brother-sister or good friend vibe. There is no sexual tension. I wish every show did not feel they needed to have some will they or won't they couple on their show. I blame Sam and Diane and Maddie and David for this (as good as those couples were in their prime).

by Anonymousreply 192December 10, 2016 2:41 PM

So, great mid-season finale... really love where it's going.

I was screaming "KILL THE DAMN KID" at the TV though. I may be a little involved. *cough*

I'm actually surprised I like the show this much. But I think it resonates with current events.

by Anonymousreply 193December 13, 2016 4:53 AM

I also loved the mid-season finale.

by Anonymousreply 194December 13, 2016 4:56 AM

Me too, I hope it gets renewed. Who clocked the lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 195December 13, 2016 5:18 AM

Lesbian interracial family as a no-big-deal throw-away. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 196December 13, 2016 5:29 AM

The lesbian's family will probably die and she will turn into the evil dyke villian

by Anonymousreply 197December 13, 2016 6:36 AM

You bitches have forgotten what a true time traveler is supposed ta look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 13, 2016 7:01 AM

I'm afraid this is all we got...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 14, 2016 1:21 AM

Hexum would have fucked lil Matty dry and left him wet.

by Anonymousreply 200December 14, 2016 1:31 AM

What show was Hexum in? I recall I liked it. Didn't he leave it early to go to that private eye show?

by Anonymousreply 201December 14, 2016 1:47 AM

"Voyagers"

by Anonymousreply 202December 14, 2016 1:54 AM

Voyagers was cancelled, and he was signed to do Cover Up with Jennifer O'Neal the next year. I think they were both CBS. I was a kid at the time and liked Voygers as well - an old school action adventure show before there had to be all the extra angst, conspiracies, darkness, and sexual tension between two of the characters. I suspect I liked Hexum more than I realized at the time as well.

by Anonymousreply 203December 14, 2016 2:03 AM

Abigail is very, very skinny but I think she's a fantastic actress and elevates everything that she's been in. I'd love to see her in a BBC costume drama.

by Anonymousreply 204December 15, 2016 11:39 AM

I'm not buying the supposed sexual tension/chemistry between Abigail (Lucy) and Matt (Wyatt) either. They come off more like brother and sister than potential lovers. That's one of the weakest parts of the whole story, and seems to be thrown in just for 'shipping' (and already people are eating it up).

Rufus and Jiya comes off naturally, and is quite cute.

by Anonymousreply 205December 16, 2016 1:20 AM

Lucy looks like Wyatt's anorexic aunt

I really want to see how the world will have changed when they come back. I wonder if little John Rittenhouse is still alive in the future a la the Rambaldi plot from Alias

by Anonymousreply 206December 16, 2016 4:03 AM

I'd be cool if they started going into the future. I liked how Fringe started out as kind of a proceedural and then went totally crazy with different dimensions/ideas.

by Anonymousreply 207December 17, 2016 4:31 PM

I'm addicted to this show. The only problem is that there is no chemistry between Lucy and Wyatt. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking this? Lucy has a lot more chemistry with Flynn. And also.. is that Wyatt guy supposed to be eye candy? He looks average compared to the much hotter and more masculine Flynn (and that accent, swoon). Matt Lanter has REALLY lost his looks, while Goran has only gotten hotter with age.

by Anonymousreply 208January 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Goran is starting to look like an old lesbian. Matt Lanter is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 209January 7, 2017 4:31 PM

I disagree, R209. Goran is much hotter than Matt, at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 210January 7, 2017 4:48 PM

I wish Lucy's fiance had more screen time. He's better looking than Wyatt.

by Anonymousreply 211January 7, 2017 5:33 PM

Matt Lanter is beautiful. I know the pseudo pedos would prefer him as twink but you can always drool over some teen pop star in another thread.

by Anonymousreply 212January 7, 2017 9:32 PM

R212 WTF? When has Matt Lanter ever really been a twink?

And if Matt shaved and grew his hair out a bit, trust me, he doesn't look that much different than before.

He isn't working out as much though anymore. If at all. That you can tell.

by Anonymousreply 213January 8, 2017 12:04 AM

Didn't Matt Lanter get caught doing a naked web-cam thing? I seem to remember something like that...

by Anonymousreply 214January 9, 2017 5:07 PM

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

It was really fun too... Harry Houdini! Thomas Edison! A Serial Killer!

by Anonymousreply 215January 17, 2017 3:13 AM

Lucy had a hot guard on her in the beginning of the episode. The PBR call out was funny to me.

by Anonymousreply 216January 17, 2017 4:04 AM

Matt Lanter is hot.

by Anonymousreply 217January 17, 2017 4:12 AM

I really enjoyed this episode.

by Anonymousreply 218January 17, 2017 4:16 AM

Yeah, another good episode.

That HH Holmes was a creepy fucker.

I liked Houdini.

How is Wyatt gonna take the time machine for a spin without authorization?

by Anonymousreply 219January 17, 2017 4:37 AM

Matt is a dreamboat and he loves his gay fans!

by Anonymousreply 220January 17, 2017 11:59 AM

Seems like next week is going to be fun too.... black lone ranger!

by Anonymousreply 221January 18, 2017 1:15 AM

I liked how Lucy psyched out H. H. Holmes!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Amelia Earhart episode.

by Anonymousreply 222January 18, 2017 1:20 AM

Houdini was a cutie

I can't even with this show's try at sexual tension between Wyatt and his mid 40's anorexic aunt aka Lucy

by Anonymousreply 223January 18, 2017 3:46 AM

Misha from Supernatural will appear as Elliot Ness. Misha & Matt together will rival Jared & Jensen!

by Anonymousreply 224January 18, 2017 5:10 AM

Same, R210. Matt's receding hairline is distracting. Also he looks like a tiny lesbian compared to the taller, more masculine Goran.

by Anonymousreply 225January 18, 2017 5:16 AM

R220 "He loves his gay fans" ...... and you know that how?

by Anonymousreply 226January 19, 2017 9:59 PM

Kind of sad that Eric had to take to social media to ask people to watch the show.

He says its on the bubble and he needs eyeballs during the actual on-air time.

by Anonymousreply 227January 20, 2017 12:56 AM

I like the show but this last episode's rating hit a new low. Not a good omen. "This is Us" just got a 2 year renewal in contrast. I think it airs too late.

by Anonymousreply 228January 20, 2017 1:23 AM

Not a lot of publicity the show was coming back after a 4-week winter break. Luckily my DVR picked it up, but otherwise, I would not have known it was a new episode.

That's the problem when you go on hiatus. Audience gets out of the habit of watching and you've got to really have an advertising push to let people know new episodes are back.

by Anonymousreply 229January 20, 2017 10:01 AM

[quote]I like the show but this last episode's rating hit a new low. Not a good omen. "This is Us" just got a 2 year renewal in contrast. I think it airs too late.

I also think it needs another time slot. But, doesn't get the highest ratings for broadcast shows in that time slot on Mondays? In a way, I like this show more than This is Us.

by Anonymousreply 230January 20, 2017 12:20 PM

"This is Us" is the most depressing thing I've seen in ages. Even people I know who love the show are like "yeah, it kind of is". LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 231January 20, 2017 10:15 PM

Anyone still watching the show? It's supposedly "on the bubble"...

by Anonymousreply 232January 30, 2017 7:02 PM

I'm still watching. This show has flaws, but I've enjoyed the time travel stories for the most part. The creators were asking on Facebook last week for more people to watch live, but that doesn't really work if you're not a Nielson viewer.

by Anonymousreply 233January 30, 2017 7:04 PM

I still watch. Tonight is 80s night!

by Anonymousreply 234January 31, 2017 12:30 AM

Only 15 minutes in and I'm loving it.

by Anonymousreply 235January 31, 2017 2:18 AM

Wow... asshole guy who hit on the stewardess in the bar is... Nazi werewolf from Teen Wolf!

by Anonymousreply 236January 31, 2017 2:31 AM

Very surprised at how good this show has turned out to be.

At least we don't have to wait until April or May for new episodes, like with Lucifer and Gotham!

by Anonymousreply 237January 31, 2017 1:27 PM

Season, or series finale Feb 20.

by Anonymousreply 238January 31, 2017 11:26 PM

It's heartbreaking that what's-his-names wife is still dead. WTF??

What was up with Lucy's hair?? There was some sort of errant swatch of hair on the back of her head!

by Anonymousreply 239February 1, 2017 12:04 AM

I figured the wife would still be dead.

by Anonymousreply 240February 1, 2017 3:05 PM

They went pretty dark with Wyatt. I wonder where they will go with him from there.

by Anonymousreply 241February 1, 2017 3:15 PM

R239, the implication was that the son of the two people is NOT the actual killer of his wife... that killer may have confessed, but he wasn't the one who did it. There's someone else out there.

by Anonymousreply 242February 1, 2017 5:38 PM

I'm loving this show.

by Anonymousreply 243February 3, 2017 1:21 AM

Only 3 more episodes to go. I really love this show, will be bummed if it is canceled (which is almost a certainty).

by Anonymousreply 244February 4, 2017 4:14 PM

I'm actually really enjoying this show. I'd hate to see it go. I'd hate even more to see it abruptly canceled without any resolution.

by Anonymousreply 245February 4, 2017 4:22 PM

I think Netflix or Hulu would produce new episodes, though.

by Anonymousreply 246February 5, 2017 4:20 AM

Only two more episodes in the whole season?? Next week, and then the season finale? Is that TRUE??

by Anonymousreply 247February 7, 2017 6:18 PM

I just googled and no word yet on renewal. I think we'll get a second season anyway. At least it's not on the already cancelled list.

Blunt Talk is DOA however. That's too bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 7, 2017 6:31 PM

Man, that replacement soldier on yesterdays episode was HOT to death!! 😍

(Pardon the pun. )

They continue to have fabulous, historic characters that are extremely likable. Hemingway and Josephine were great!!

That streak will be broken next week, though. 😖

by Anonymousreply 249February 8, 2017 12:40 AM

I need to rewatch the episode. R242 remember the drunk hitting up on her? That is who I think the father was. He really didn't add anything to the story.

by Anonymousreply 250February 8, 2017 12:55 AM

Hoping it'll survive...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 8, 2017 8:38 PM

These long hiatus for shows is really hurting them, especially new shows. I would like it to come back for a second season so they can wrap everything up. I know they are on the bubble, but their competition, especially Quantico, isn't doing much.

by Anonymousreply 252February 16, 2017 1:27 AM

Hahaha, "Elliot Ness" was barely onscreen!!

😂😂😂😂😂

Suck it, minions!

by Anonymousreply 253February 16, 2017 1:38 AM

*isn't doing much better.

by Anonymousreply 254February 16, 2017 1:40 AM

At least for once some TV show got Ness close to the reality. (- getting gunned down in 1931). But at least that way he didn't live to become a washed up alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 255February 16, 2017 1:59 AM

I wouldn't mind if Rufus died..terrible actor

by Anonymousreply 256February 17, 2017 3:15 PM

He really is awful. All that eye popping. What a fucking terrible piece of casting.

The girl who plays Gia is amateurish, too. She looks a lot like Annie Parrisse so I don't totally loathe her.

by Anonymousreply 257February 17, 2017 10:28 PM

It's okay, but I wouldn't call it "timeless."

by Anonymousreply 258February 17, 2017 10:35 PM

Apparently they're embroiled in some lawsuit; that may jeopardize its already iffy chances of renewal.

by Anonymousreply 259February 17, 2017 10:38 PM

The actor who plays Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) was hilarious on the late, lamented "Better Off Ted." And I think he fine on "Timeless."

by Anonymousreply 260February 17, 2017 10:39 PM

Sexy Matt Lanter is all that matters on this show. The rest are background. They can act as badly as they like. Matt's smoulder occupies every second of this show I watch.

by Anonymousreply 261February 17, 2017 11:28 PM

[quote]The actor who plays Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) was hilarious on the late, lamented "Better Off Ted."

THAT'S where I've seen him before!! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 262February 18, 2017 12:13 AM

Matt needs to show more skin. He took his shirt off in only one episode.

by Anonymousreply 263February 18, 2017 2:44 AM

[quote] The actor who plays Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) was hilarious on the late, lamented "Better Off Ted."

See r82 for perhaps his best scene on BoT. I would never have made the connection between the two shows as he plays the parts so far from each other, much like Alison Brie did between her characters in Mad Men and Community. Not a trace of one role bleeding over into the other.

by Anonymousreply 264February 18, 2017 4:42 AM

I think Malcolm Barret as Rufus is great, and one of the strongest parts of the show, acting wise. Goran and the guys who plays Connor Mason round out the top actors. Everyone else is fairly standard acting-wise, especially Matt. I adore him, but he's not the strongest actor by far. He's gotten much better in recent episodes, but the first half of the season you can see he's a bit out of his league. He's improved though. I will say it's a bummer we haven't seen more of him physically. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious why he's cast in the usual fare he's in anyway. That being said, you can tell he's no longer working out quite like he used to.

by Anonymousreply 265February 18, 2017 4:59 AM

[quote]Timeless TV show

There are many timeless TV shows. Unfortunately, "Timeless" is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 266February 18, 2017 3:31 PM

Anyone who likes the actor who plays Rufus has questionable taste. He's charisma-free and mediocre at best.

by Anonymousreply 267February 18, 2017 7:27 PM

Sounds more like you have a weird axe to grind.

by Anonymousreply 268February 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Uhhh, no, R268, I just happen to agree with a fair amount of others that the guy who plays Rufus often stops this otherwise enjoyable show in its tracks. What are you insinuating? I love Paterson Joseph and want his babies. I think there are quite a few African-American (or Anglo-Caribbean like Joseph) actors who would have been far better suited to play this particular role on this particular show.

by Anonymousreply 269February 18, 2017 9:05 PM

Lucy and Wyatt have no chemistry. Lucy and Flynn on the other hand.. wow. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 270February 18, 2017 9:19 PM

When I see Rufus he reminds me of Dave Chapelle and I keep expecting him to do or say something hilarious and it throws me off when he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 271February 18, 2017 10:44 PM

R267 We could say the same for you.

by Anonymousreply 272February 19, 2017 3:16 AM

I haven't noticed Rufus "stopping the show in its tracks" or anything. He's perfectly fine. It's really weird to me, in fact, to see people fixating on him as being so terrible when he's no worse than the other two leads in any way. I have to wonder what kind of drugs you're on. Or what agenda you're pushing. Or if the actor let his dog shit in your yard once a decade ago and didn't pick it up, so you have an axe to grind. Whatever. I don't see whatever you're seeing at all. Sorry. You just come off as a little unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 273February 19, 2017 3:32 AM

Monday night is the season -- and likely series -- finale.

Another time travel show ("Time After Time") is premiering on ABC on 3/5.

by Anonymousreply 274February 19, 2017 6:24 AM

Ohhhh...just fuck off, R273, with the "unhinged" bullshit. It's my opinion and that's all. The guy who plays Rufus sucks. Period. The end. And consider yourself blocked, babycakes.

by Anonymousreply 275February 19, 2017 10:31 AM

(rolling eyes at R275) Yeah, that over-the-top reply wasn't unhinged at ALL.....

by Anonymousreply 276February 19, 2017 3:12 PM

[quote] As of February 20, 2017, Timeless has not been cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277February 20, 2017 8:09 PM

Season finale airs soon. One last chance for Wyatt to present his hole to Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 278February 20, 2017 10:59 PM

I want to see the deleted scene where Ethan presented his hole to Wyatt.

by Anonymousreply 279February 21, 2017 2:51 AM

Good ending! I hope they get a second season!

by Anonymousreply 280February 21, 2017 2:59 AM

The doctor/fiance who treated Rufus was FUCKING HOT.

by Anonymousreply 281February 21, 2017 3:04 AM

I hope Rufus and Gia get stuck behind in SF.

by Anonymousreply 282February 21, 2017 3:08 AM

I'm betting on a renewal, but I hope it's a full season and not merely a midseason replacement.

If Lucy can't put her sister back into existence, can't she at least give us back the George C Scott "Hindenburg" movie and Robert Stack's "Untouchables" series?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283February 21, 2017 3:09 AM

The gay thing was an interesting twist. It would have been better if Wyatt had to engage in mansex in order to complete the mission.

Both Wyatt and Matt would be the perfect husband.

by Anonymousreply 284February 21, 2017 3:25 AM

I want The Doctor/Fiance as my perfect husband. Wyatt can be my houseboy.

by Anonymousreply 285February 21, 2017 3:41 AM

Too bad we didn't get to see more of Lucy's gay grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 286February 21, 2017 3:57 AM

It would have been cutely awkward to have Grandpa Ethan service Wyatt before Wyatt found out who he was.

by Anonymousreply 287February 21, 2017 4:14 AM

Shit! The mom was in on it all along!!

Damn! This was fantastic! Poor Flynn.

I was hoping the grandpa had a companion is his old age.

WTF is wrong with Gia?

I really hope we get another few episodes!!

Did it seem that Lucy wasn't as skeletal as when the show began? It's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 288February 21, 2017 4:29 AM

So... Lucy never actually met or saw her grandfather for her entire life? That bit was weird.

by Anonymousreply 289February 21, 2017 4:35 AM

Well, considering she only found out who her bio-dad was a short time ago, I'm pretty sure she had never interacted (or knew he existed) with her grandpa either.

by Anonymousreply 290February 21, 2017 4:42 AM

The finale scored a 0.9 rating, up from 0.7 last week. Not too long ago, that figure would prompt an automatic cancellation, but times are different.

by Anonymousreply 291February 21, 2017 8:49 PM

I think Hulu could pick it up if NBC passes.

by Anonymousreply 292February 21, 2017 8:53 PM

Turns out I misinterpreted the San Francisco Bridge flash. I thought I was seeing it after some Rittenhouse caused castraphe.

[quote] KRIPKE | There’s something very mysterious happening to her. She was affected by being the fourth person in the machine, and what she ends up seeing is this flickering between the Golden Gate Bridge present day and then the year when it was being constructed. What does that mean, and what is happening to her, and what is she able to see, and how does that grow and change in Season 2 becomes part of the story. The only mild spoiler that I’ll say about it is one of my all-time favorite books is Slaughterhouse-Five, [which is] about a man who becomes unstuck in time, and that was part of the inspiration for what is starting to happen to Jiya.

[quote] KRIPKE | I don’t want to spoil too much, because a lot of these are questions that we’re talking about for Season 2, but I’ll just say that nothing is arbitrary, and nothing is accidental, and Rittenhouse really meticulously plans everything out. In our minds, as we’ve been kicking around the structure of Rittenhouse, Lucy’s mom pretty far outranks Ben Cahill. So it all comes down to Ben revealed himself, and Carol didn’t because that was exactly the way Carol wanted it for reasons that’ll be illuminated in Season 2.

[quote] KRIPKE | There were times where Lucy didn’t want to be a historian at all, and mom made sure that she was. Mom has been pulling the strings on Lucy’s life for a very long time. At first, we thought it was just a typical, overbearing mother. Now we realize that there was a very meticulous plan in place. Mom’s plan for Lucy is to be the primary team member to take back the mothership in Rittenhouse’s name and make specific and surgical changes to history to make the present far more advantageous for that organization. So she’s their great white hope, and she’s been, unbeknownst to her, meticulously conditioned to be that person. So it’s just another variation on what we’ve been talking about all year, which is: Do you follow this plan that’s been set out for you? And if not, then what do you do, and how do you fight back against it?

by Anonymousreply 293February 21, 2017 9:05 PM

catastrophe

by Anonymousreply 294February 21, 2017 9:06 PM

Uh duh... it was obvious she flashed back to the construction of the Golden Gate. She's becoming unstuck in time.

by Anonymousreply 295February 21, 2017 9:45 PM

I'm thinking they could move it to Fridays, where lower ratings are acceptable, and there'll be a slot available after "Grimm" ends this season.

by Anonymousreply 296February 22, 2017 1:32 AM

[quote]I think Hulu could pick it up if NBC passes

Why do you think Hulu would pick up this particular show when it hasn't bothered with dozens of other canceled network shows that had better ratings?

by Anonymousreply 297February 22, 2017 1:56 AM

Hulu saved my show

by Anonymousreply 298February 22, 2017 1:58 AM

So she can end up bouncing around in time like Sam Beckett, R295??

That would be cool! 🤗🤗

by Anonymousreply 299February 22, 2017 2:00 AM

I hope this show gets another season so we can hopefully see more of Lucy's gay grandpa in the past.

by Anonymousreply 300February 22, 2017 2:09 AM

The gay bar and Wyatt's reaction were priceless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 22, 2017 4:33 AM

Very satisfying finale. Wraps up things nicely, but also leaves plenty open for a second season if it is renewed.

If that renewal happens, I hope Goran returns as Flynn. I always like him.

by Anonymousreply 302February 22, 2017 4:46 AM

I like him too, R302.

It was crushing to see him get so near to regaining his family and be captured instead.

by Anonymousreply 303February 23, 2017 1:29 AM

Just started watching last night via Hulu. I'm watching all the episodes in order, as I think this show is one that requires just that. I really like Matt Lanter's and Malcom Barrett's characters. I'm trying to like the character of Lucy, but she needs to stop being so shrill and relax a little. Have some fun while time traveling.

Anyway, the alternate history timeline genre is one of my favorites. I absolutely adore The Man in The High Castle and also Back To The Future, and this show seems to mesh those two quite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 304March 11, 2017 12:00 AM

According to Deadline, the creators of both Timeless and Blindspot will meet about new seasons with NBC.

Timeless co-creator Shawn Ryan has tweeted that they’ll be pitching to NBC on April 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 305March 11, 2017 12:13 AM

I gave up watching. Just nothing there.

by Anonymousreply 306March 11, 2017 12:34 AM

Don't listen to R306, R304.

It's a fun show that goes through many periods in history. The clothes are fun to look at.

Many of the side characters who are real people in history are really well done. We're sad to leave them after the hour is finished.

by Anonymousreply 307March 11, 2017 2:10 AM

Any word on renewal?

by Anonymousreply 308March 31, 2017 8:17 PM

[quote] Any word on renewal?

uhhh, scroll up a couple of inches to r305

by Anonymousreply 309March 31, 2017 9:01 PM

(tapping foot impatiently)

by Anonymousreply 310April 3, 2017 5:57 PM

(waiting impatiently for the results of that meeting... )

by Anonymousreply 311April 10, 2017 6:07 PM

Latest update: NBC has yet to announce the renewal of "Timeless."

WHY ALL THE MYSTERY?!?

by Anonymousreply 312April 28, 2017 8:16 PM

It’s tempting to look at “Timeless” and “Taken” as an either-or situation, since both occupied the post-“Voice” spot on Mondays this season. But it doesn’t have to be a zero-sum game.

On numbers alone, “Timeless” is in slightly better shape, but only slightly — it may end the season a little over a tenth of a point in front of “Taken.” “Taken,” meanwhile, has the advantage of being produced in-house by Universal Television. The Bear’s maxim is that all other things being equal, a show owned by the studio affiliated with its network is more likely to return than one from an outside supplier.

So where does that leave these two? The Bear is bumping up “Timeless” to a likely renewal, on gut feeling as much as anything. “Taken” is staying at a tossup for one more week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 30, 2017 4:30 AM

How much longer are we going to have to wait?

by Anonymousreply 314April 30, 2017 5:02 PM

"Taken" was renewed; "Timeless" was cancelled. As of today.

by Anonymousreply 315May 11, 2017 1:46 AM

GODDAMMIT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 316May 11, 2017 1:55 AM

R316=Matt Lanter

by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2017 1:56 AM

I wish I looked that good!

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2017 1:57 AM

Deadline reports:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2017 1:58 AM

:(((((

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2017 2:11 AM

I really liked this show. I hope Abigail Spencer goes back to acting on cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2017 2:13 AM

Well that's a bummer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2017 2:22 AM

That fucking sucks.

Poor Kripke. He's 1 for 3, although Revolution did last 2 years, right? Or was it 3?

I really liked the show. Maybe he can find another home for it. Hell, put it on the CW!

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2017 4:19 AM

It's too expensive for the CW.

by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2017 4:21 AM

More expensive than all those superhero shows with a butt load of special effects??

They're gonna add yet another superhero show next year!!

by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2017 4:25 AM

I liked this show, some of the episodes were really well done, like the one with the Harry Houdini storyline and another with the female African-American mathematician in NASA helping the Timeless team on their case.

I thought Abigail Spencer's acting was better on 'Rectify' but she still was an appealing lead. That tall, dark haired guy who played their nemesis (I can't remember his name) was movie star handsome and charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2017 5:02 AM

This sucks. I really liked the show but I think Lucy and Wyatt were kinda forced. They had no chemistry. I think they would have gotten more viewers if they had focused on Lucy and Flynn instead, they had so much sexual tension going on.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2017 5:23 AM

I'm very sorry this is gone. It was the only "iffy" show I actually wanted back. I'm convinced he show would have prospered at an earlier timeslot.

But it might cheer you all up to consider Modern Family just scored a two-season pickup at ABC. 20th Century Fox closed new two-year deals with the main actors on the show, Ed O’Neill, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet and Sofia Vergara. Salary increases, from around $350,000 an episode for the current eighth season to about $500,000 an episode for Season 9 (they also have plus a little piece of the series’ back end). The studio will next negotiate new contracts with the series’ younger cast. At five hundred thou per episode that should work out to about $50,000 each time the gay guys rolls his eyes at the fat guy,

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2017 5:24 AM

Fuck that show, R328.

Shit like that that reinforces tired stereotypes is around for years while a fun, innovative, interesting show gets cancelled.

Ugh, that's crap.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2017 5:34 AM

Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2017 5:50 AM

That's a shame. It was a fun show. The two leads didn't have much sexual chemistry but I liked the black guy going back in time.

by Anonymousreply 331May 11, 2017 7:12 AM

Now they've "uncancelled" Timeless!

by Anonymousreply 332May 13, 2017 5:10 PM

Apparently Sony cut its fee, and they picked it up as a summer 2018 series (10 episodes only.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 13, 2017 5:29 PM

[quote]I thought Abigail Spencer's acting was better on 'Rectify' but she still was an appealing lead. That tall, dark haired guy who played their nemesis (I can't remember his name) was movie star handsome and charismatic.

I also thought her acting was better on that show than Timeless. Now, that the show has been uncancelled she can improve.

by Anonymousreply 334May 13, 2017 8:48 PM

10 episodes?? Well, it's better than nothing. Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 335May 13, 2017 9:25 PM

The lead actress was on this amazing show that I love and no one I know watches called Rectify from the Sundance. I would watch it for her but honestly it doesn't seem like my kind of show.

by Anonymousreply 336May 13, 2017 9:38 PM

Recify had better writing and Spencer's character Amantha was a better developed character than her character on Timeless.

by Anonymousreply 337May 13, 2017 9:52 PM

Great news!! Looks like Flynn went back in the Time machine to correct the cancellation.

The first season was only 16 episodes, so 10 episodes isn't a drastic reduction.

by Anonymousreply 338May 13, 2017 10:18 PM

Now let's hope they put it on in a better time slot.

by Anonymousreply 339May 13, 2017 10:28 PM

They'll move it to Friday, watch. At 8:00 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 340May 14, 2017 2:35 AM

Yes!!!!!

Fantastic news. I wonder how much the fan reaction really helped NBC decide. I only go to TVLine for news and their thread was over 200 responses, which is a lot for the site. Where else were people vociferously complaining?

Regardless, I'm really excited for the continuation of the story!

by Anonymousreply 341May 14, 2017 3:06 AM

I'm glad it's renewed.

Not so glad it's ONLY 10 episodes, and not so glad I have to wait an entire year for the first of them.

by Anonymousreply 342May 14, 2017 3:14 AM

Nothing can stop Matt Lanter's hotness!

by Anonymousreply 343May 14, 2017 3:24 AM

I'm glad he decided to put out on that casting couch and take one for the team!

by Anonymousreply 344May 14, 2017 4:15 AM

Good news at the end of a long day, and the world rejoices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 14, 2017 4:16 AM

That's perfect R340 . I usually have my tapioca pudding then and then bed by 9.

by Anonymousreply 346May 14, 2017 5:36 AM

Tapioca? That's BITCH pudding.

Butterscotch is where it's at!

by Anonymousreply 347May 14, 2017 5:51 AM

Butterscotch is for Sunday after church.

by Anonymousreply 348May 14, 2017 6:00 AM

Abigail Spencer sex tape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 3, 2017 6:33 AM

R349 There's like 4 of them. I knew nothing about these. LOL! Did these leak when that big leak of female celebs happened a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 350June 3, 2017 6:48 AM

Time for Matt Lanter's Dudetube cam show to leak.

by Anonymousreply 351June 3, 2017 6:49 AM

[quote]Did these leak when that big leak of female celebs happened a while ago?

I think so. Poor darling is so unknown it didn't even register.

by Anonymousreply 352June 3, 2017 3:14 PM

All of the womens' stuff leaks...but none of the mens. I mean, somebody has got to have the goods on male Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 353June 3, 2017 10:30 PM

The cast is at Comic Con San Diego today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354July 20, 2017 9:07 PM

Michael Rady — who most recently appeared in arcs on UnREAL and Jane the Virgin — will recur on the NBC drama as Nicholas Keynes, an American soldier in World War I, TVLine has learned.

After getting badly injured during battle, Keynes is carried to a farmhouse, where he is cared for by Emma (Annie Wersching) and Carol (Susanna Thompson), who want to save his life. Though he seems helpless at first, Keynes is much more formidable than he initially appears.

Timeless was renewed for a 10-episode second season in May, just days after NBC cancelled the time-traveling drama. The show does not yet have a return date, but spring or summer 2018 were floated as likely Season 2 launch periods by creators Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 355November 25, 2017 3:22 AM

Is that charisma-free actor who plays Rufus in Season 2?

by Anonymousreply 356November 25, 2017 3:41 AM

Unfortunately, yes.

by Anonymousreply 357November 25, 2017 3:28 PM

R356 R357 No, that would be the guy who plays Wyatt.

by Anonymousreply 358November 25, 2017 9:36 PM

‘Timeless’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On NBC

The sophomore season of the popular time travel series will debut at 10 PM March 11, following a three-hour premiere of the annual American Ninja Warrior: USA Vs. the World special. Timeless will continue in its Sunday 10 PM slot following the previously announced second-season premiere of Steve Harvey-hosted Little Big Shots and the debut of the Neil Patrick Harris-led gameshow Genius Junior, on March 18.

Timeless has switched its production shoot from Vancouver to Los Angeles where it will reap close to $10M in tax credits thanks to the state’s $330M California film and TV tax credit program.

Sounds like a really braindead lead-in though.

Nonetheless....

by Anonymousreply 359January 22, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote]Timeless has switched its production shoot from Vancouver to Los Angeles where it will reap close to $10M in tax credits thanks to the state’s $330M California film and TV tax credit program.

I wonder if more shows will move back to the US in the future because there's no way Canada can compete with those tax breaks now offered by so many US states. I for one will miss that distinctive feel of shows filmed in Canada. They feel closer to home and more familiar for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 360January 22, 2018 7:09 PM

I thought it was coming back for a summer run, so I'm delighted to read it will be back in March!

by Anonymousreply 361January 22, 2018 8:10 PM

Agreed. I too thought they would burn it off in summer. This is a pretty good sign, until you look at the timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 362January 22, 2018 8:45 PM

The actor playing Rufus had to be fifth or sixth choice for the role.

by Anonymousreply 363January 29, 2018 8:13 PM

New trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364February 20, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote]I wonder if more shows will move back to the US in the future because there's no way Canada can compete with those tax breaks now offered by so many US states. I for one will miss that distinctive feel of shows filmed in Canada. They feel closer to home and more familiar for some reason.

Don't worry, Hallmark will keep filming their sappy white supremacist movies and TV shows up in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 365February 20, 2018 12:33 AM

R365 That was completely unnecessary and out of place for DL. Have you given any thought to fucking off back to Reddit where your basic triggered responses belong? You really ought to, you know. You're blocked either way for being a basic cunt.

To clarify, I just meant that Canadian locations feel more European to me for some reason, and I don't watch any European shows so it's nice to feel that. Same for Counterpart, the J.K. Simmons' wonderful new show filmed in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 366February 20, 2018 12:49 AM

THE lifeboat has returned.

by Anonymousreply 367March 12, 2018 4:32 AM

Great episode back! We get more questions and Rufus' girlfriend is still sick.

Poor Lucy, she was devastated that she had to kill.

Looking forward to more!

by Anonymousreply 368March 12, 2018 4:42 AM

wow, i thought this was cancelled? i watched a few episodes

by Anonymousreply 369March 12, 2018 4:53 AM

MAtt Lanter is showing his assets?

by Anonymousreply 370March 12, 2018 6:45 AM

R369, yes it was canceled.

Then the cast went back in time and changed history, and it was suddenly un-cancelled.

It's never happened before quite like this.... a network cancelling a series and then immediately turning around and picking it up for a new season.

Obviously time-travel HAD to be involved.

by Anonymousreply 371March 12, 2018 7:48 AM

[r44] cant believe scorpion is still on

[r371] such a powerful social media campaign to save this show. makes me wonder what other shows could have been saved if the fan effort put in. i'd love to save hulu's difficult people but it cancelled in november which is when every1 was tweeting they were upset it was cancelled. probably easiest to pick up steam for renewal right after cancellation then a while after. i wonder if timeless will get cancelled again lol

by Anonymousreply 372March 12, 2018 8:00 AM

when people tweeted to save this show i thought it was a troll campaign .. hard to tell sincerity from a joke

by Anonymousreply 373March 12, 2018 8:00 AM

The show is back!

The delicious Matt Lanter had a shirtless scene with lovely pert nipples on display in tonight's WW1 extravaganza.

I simply swooned, squealed with delight and slightly wet myself.

by Anonymousreply 374March 12, 2018 12:45 PM

It was a solid first episode, setting up a lot.

Glad they've got the band back together!

by Anonymousreply 375March 13, 2018 4:37 AM

I don't watch anything on CBS. all the shows are boring as fuck! except 60min.

by Anonymousreply 376March 14, 2018 1:53 AM

Good for you, R376!!

Except that Timeless is on NBC.

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2018 2:21 AM

I’m excited it’s back. Hopefully the storyline won’t be as convoluted as the first season.

Plus Lanter’s nips.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2018 2:35 AM

Episode two tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 379March 17, 2018 11:50 PM

Too bad they are only giving them 10 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 380March 19, 2018 12:48 AM

It cant be that bad. Some great series have 10 episodes or less. Anyway, beats cancelation and zero episodes..

by Anonymousreply 381March 19, 2018 1:24 AM

Less time for filler episodes.

by Anonymousreply 382March 19, 2018 4:29 AM

Lanter today had a facebook live session after episode aired. I didn't watch whole session but thankfully his wife was not there

by Anonymousreply 383March 19, 2018 5:39 AM

R383 You mean the "wifey" wasn't there dictating and supervising everything he was saying and doing. I'm shocked.

by Anonymousreply 384March 19, 2018 6:31 PM

Imagine if Timeless was cancelled and he switched over to Supernatural with Jared, Jensen & Misha

Oh my!!

by Anonymousreply 385March 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Based on the ratings R385 it probably will be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 386March 19, 2018 10:42 PM

I think they at least bought them one more season and enough episodes top wrap up, I guess.

Speaking of which, the show is getting reviewed by the Smithsonian Magazine. Kripke seemed chuffed about it.

It is cool.

by Anonymousreply 387March 20, 2018 3:35 AM

They could always look for another network if it does get canned.

by Anonymousreply 388March 20, 2018 4:33 AM

So how are the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 389March 22, 2018 10:46 AM

Tonight’s episode of Timeless involves Hedy Lamarr, Paramount Studios, and stealing the film real of Citizen Kane and possibly erasing it from Hollywood history.

PS: Hedy Lamarr was Hollywood royalty and was also a female scientist that invented WiFi.

by Anonymousreply 390March 26, 2018 2:21 AM

Next week is about the Salem Witch Trials. Apparently Rittenhouse is planning to execute Benjamin Franklin’s mother so Benjamin Franklin will never be born.

by Anonymousreply 391March 26, 2018 3:05 AM

Well, don't that just beat all!?!?

Now that Lucy and what's his name got together, his wife is back??

Ugh.

That trick with the bricks and the stuff inside was done on Supernatural some years ago.

by Anonymousreply 392March 26, 2018 4:02 AM

This whole show was done some years ago.. Quantum Leap and Time Tunnel especially.

by Anonymousreply 393March 26, 2018 4:05 AM

Yes, r393, but Matt Lanter’s hotter than Scott Bakula ever was.

by Anonymousreply 394March 26, 2018 8:36 AM

True ^

by Anonymousreply 395March 27, 2018 1:54 AM

What the fuck is that brown mark on Lucy’s mother’s upper lip? MAKE UP!

I wish they killed Rufus in the season premiere in that explosion.

Moving production to LA from Vancouver has already made a big difference in that there aren’t hopelessly bland Canadian day players in the week to week cast.

by Anonymousreply 396March 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Lucy's mom does have that lip mole or whatever, the interesting thing is that when she was on Arrow, her daughter Thea, Olivers' sister had the exact same lip thing!!

It was amazing to see!

by Anonymousreply 397March 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Is it the herpes?

by Anonymousreply 398March 27, 2018 3:23 AM

The lady who played Hedy Lamarr was really good.

by Anonymousreply 399March 27, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote] The lady who played Hedy Lamarr was really good.

She was a 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒓 in "The Devil Wore Prada". I believe she was the one who surrendered the elevator to Miranda. And a jolly good Clacker she was too.

Very disappointing episode. Not just one, but three Jump the Shark moments.

1) The unmusical character bursts into professional song.

2) Sam and Diane fuck.

3) The love triangle.

I predict the resurrected wife is Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 400March 28, 2018 3:22 AM

I predict she isn’t going to know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 401March 28, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote]Moving production to LA from Vancouver has already made a big difference in that there aren’t hopelessly bland Canadian day players in the week to week cast.

I agree with this. American shows that are filmed in Canada are often dragged down by those bland Canadian day players. I watched a few episodes of that ABC show The Good Doctor which films in Canada and it featured tons of bland actors.

by Anonymousreply 402April 7, 2018 11:05 PM

The lady that play Heddy Lamar was Auslog in Vikings.

Australian actress. Former model.

A friend of mine couched her to act.

by Anonymousreply 403April 8, 2018 1:22 AM

And coached her as well!

by Anonymousreply 404April 8, 2018 1:40 AM

Abbey Franklin can get it.

by Anonymousreply 405April 9, 2018 2:52 AM

^Witch lover!

by Anonymousreply 406April 9, 2018 3:48 AM

The actress playing Wyatt's wife has a fug nose.

by Anonymousreply 407April 9, 2018 3:51 AM

Goran towered over that Puritan in house and threw him around like a rag doll.

by Anonymousreply 408April 9, 2018 3:59 AM

Fucking Rittenhouse trying to get rid of Benjamin Franklin???

Bitch, please!

Hey! Amara from Supernatural had a small role! Cool.

I'm trying to remember were I've seen young Amy Franklin before.

by Anonymousreply 409April 9, 2018 4:08 AM

Sorry, Abbie.

by Anonymousreply 410April 9, 2018 4:13 AM

I don't think the show will get a third season. But, I really hope Goran's character is able to get on revenge on Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 411April 9, 2018 4:31 AM

It’s at about .7 so will probably get the axe this spring.

by Anonymousreply 412April 9, 2018 4:56 AM

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if it got cancelled. But at least we got season 2 to wrap things up.

by Anonymousreply 413April 9, 2018 7:27 AM

I think they’re well aware they were lucky to get another season so they’ll wrap things up for the fans who made it happen.

I’d give anything for Paterson Joseph to present peen on a cable edition.

by Anonymousreply 414April 9, 2018 1:23 PM

R414 I much rather see Matt Lanter peen.

by Anonymousreply 415April 9, 2018 6:52 PM

And hole^

by Anonymousreply 416April 10, 2018 12:47 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. Too bad this show isn't going to last.

by Anonymousreply 417April 16, 2018 3:55 AM

Sweet JFK tale tonight.

Matt, of course, was looking mighty fine.

by Anonymousreply 418April 17, 2018 3:11 PM

That girl who plays Jiya is so fucking annoying, though.

The guy who played young JFK was cute but didn’t have the right skin tone. JFK got a deep tan very easily.

by Anonymousreply 419April 17, 2018 5:07 PM

What did you think about the father of Blues?

by Anonymousreply 420April 25, 2018 12:23 AM

The episodes this season fall far short of the first season. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 421April 25, 2018 12:28 AM

Think it'll get a season 3? What are the ratings like?

by Anonymousreply 422April 25, 2018 12:32 AM

Most likely will be cancelled R422.

by Anonymousreply 423April 25, 2018 12:34 AM

Vote to save it, again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424April 25, 2018 12:45 AM

r421 Yes, this season's episodes aren't on par with what we saw last season. I'm still enjoying it, but not in a compelling way like I did last season.

Bothers me they're already changing the rules. Last season, they could only go to a time period once. Couldn't return after that. But they've broken that rule now -- in the JFK episode.

Also, they made it clear the Lifeboat could only seat 3 people. Now they've somehow adjusted it to seat 4.

by Anonymousreply 425April 25, 2018 12:54 AM

[quote] Now they've somehow adjusted it to seat 4.

I also noticed that. I thought perhaps he sat on the chick's lap.

by Anonymousreply 426April 25, 2018 12:56 AM

They've gone overboard in trying to please their female viewers and focusing so much on the romantic relationships. Also, they've made the Rittenhouse stuff so stupid this season. The race car driver and the blues singer episodes were so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 427April 25, 2018 3:00 AM

I think they also cut the budget. Suddenly missions are over and they’re back. Oh, we’ll find clothes when we get there and boom they’re in costumes from the period. Oh, my unseen wife is in the next room. We can’t pay her to be in this episode so we’ll just refer to her like she’s there.

by Anonymousreply 428April 25, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote]Also, they've made the Rittenhouse stuff so stupid this season.

Yes - their ideas seem half-baked and speculative. It seems if they have that much money and resources there are easier ways to assume power than hope they can manipulate the situation if Franklin is never born or JFK is not President.

by Anonymousreply 429April 25, 2018 3:33 AM

I only watch to stare at Matt Lanter.

I could care less about the plot.

by Anonymousreply 430April 25, 2018 10:58 PM

Matt would look so much prettier without the perma-scruff. He's definitely sexy and manly enough without the, "Oh, I can grow facial hair to remind everyone what a stud I am." It's calculated and unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 431April 26, 2018 12:14 AM

They upped the ante with their focus on female viewers only, using the suffragette movement for an episode and making the evil Emma put aside her evilness to support the sisterhood.

by Anonymousreply 432May 1, 2018 12:10 AM

Sunday's episode was amazing. That was the first episode of the second season that actually was good as the first season. And it looked like the Nielsen numbers reflected that, as ratings increased for the first time in the show's history.

by Anonymousreply 433May 2, 2018 10:16 PM

I believe it wraps in two weeks. Wasted opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 434May 2, 2018 10:27 PM

Again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435May 2, 2018 10:39 PM

I agree with r433. Sunday's suffragette storyline was the best of the season. Had emotional resonance on multiple levels. Definitely felt more like a season 1 episode.

by Anonymousreply 436May 3, 2018 8:50 AM

Yeah, R436, I did get choked up.

We've come so far yet there are miles to go.

by Anonymousreply 437May 7, 2018 3:14 AM

Aww, what a beautiful episode!

😍

👭 👩‍👩‍👧‍👦

by Anonymousreply 438May 7, 2018 3:55 AM

Thaat bitch, Jess is going to end up being win Rittenhouse.

by Anonymousreply 439May 7, 2018 3:59 AM

Cagney and Lacey, too funny.

by Anonymousreply 440May 7, 2018 4:37 AM

I hope it gets renewed now that it trended on Twitter. I'm sure ratings went higher.

by Anonymousreply 441May 7, 2018 5:33 AM

Mmmmm Matt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 7, 2018 8:21 PM

Reagan was wounded on March 30, 1981 and Cagney and Lacy premiered Oct 8, 1981. Apparently the producers heard about the super-hot duo of lady detectives in Washington and were inspired.

by Anonymousreply 443May 7, 2018 10:00 PM

I thought it was a great episode. Much better than I anticipated from the set-up.

I can't believe we're at the end of the season already! Seems like it just started!

by Anonymousreply 444May 9, 2018 4:55 AM

The effects on the present day aren't believable. When they return to the present time, it should rain doughnuts or people should now have lizard tongues or something, like on The Simpsons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 9, 2018 5:05 AM

The last two episodes have been amazingly good. Reminds me why I fell in love with the show to begin with.

Too bad it took 7 episodes into this 2nd season to get back to the greatness of the 1st season.

Hope the show is renewed, but not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 446May 9, 2018 8:13 AM

I hope you all are watching tonight. Harriett Tubman is BRINGING IT.

by Anonymousreply 447May 14, 2018 2:11 AM

Also watch on NBC live for ratings to count.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448May 14, 2018 2:12 AM

Matt nip slip!

by Anonymousreply 449May 14, 2018 2:12 AM

r448 Ratings don't mean anything unless you're a Nielsen family.

by Anonymousreply 450May 14, 2018 2:42 AM

Aww Lucy's mom finally died.

by Anonymousreply 451May 14, 2018 2:54 AM

Now he may be absolutely ghastly, but I’d still be keen to pinch Matt Lanter’s buttocks.

by Anonymousreply 452May 14, 2018 3:02 AM

WELL FUCK

by Anonymousreply 453May 14, 2018 3:14 AM

That was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 454May 14, 2018 3:19 AM

It was good that Lucy's bitch mom at least got what was coming to her.

by Anonymousreply 455May 14, 2018 3:53 AM

I hope its renewed for a third season. But given the chances are slim, I'll just say it was a great way to close out the series.

by Anonymousreply 456May 14, 2018 12:01 PM

R456 No that cliffhanger was too big.

by Anonymousreply 457May 14, 2018 9:31 PM

^ YES! Future Lucy's got some splainin' to do!

by Anonymousreply 458May 15, 2018 2:33 AM

Fantastic 2 parter last night!

Loved it!!

Harriett was a total bad-ass!!

That future looks rough.

by Anonymousreply 459May 15, 2018 3:00 AM

Wyatt didn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 460May 15, 2018 3:08 AM

Best get some of that hot Christian butt before all that testosterone is completely shot.

by Anonymousreply 461May 15, 2018 4:34 AM

Well I just watched Sunday's finale. I was right about the wife being Rittenhouse. The writers definitely upped their game but too probably too late. I hate when a series ends on an unresolved cliffhanger.

by Anonymousreply 462May 15, 2018 10:58 PM

Let's hope not. The fans got this show extended a season and maybe the fans can keep it going. But the writers have to keep delivering good scripts like we've had the past few episodes. The actors already bring their A-game every week!

by Anonymousreply 463May 15, 2018 11:15 PM

Just ten more episodes to wrap it up and answer the questions. Is that too much to ask??

by Anonymousreply 464May 17, 2018 12:24 AM

Some of the "answers" this season weren't so satisfying. Retrieving Nicholas Keynes to run Rittenhouse fell flat. Killing him off was a mercy killing for the fans. I like actor Michael Rady.

by Anonymousreply 465May 17, 2018 12:32 AM

This season was uneven at best. First half of the season was so-so. The final four episodes were fantastic.

The Michael Rady character definitely fell flat. Suzanna Thomspson's character was too one-dimensional. Show was better when the "enemy" was murky and ill defined.

Meanwhile, I was never clear on why Goran Visjnic's character switched sides.

If the show gets picked up for a third season, hopefully they can get it back on the right track.

by Anonymousreply 466May 17, 2018 12:47 AM

Still no announcement yet?

by Anonymousreply 467June 14, 2018 10:50 PM

Just a couple of deleted scenes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468June 14, 2018 11:30 PM

Cancelled!

No more Matt.

I'm devastated!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 22, 2018 4:15 PM

A movie wrap is more then I expected. It's a shame they wasted their second chance.

by Anonymousreply 470June 22, 2018 4:18 PM

Not surprised . Mall Lanter and that Goran guy was only good thing about the show. rest of star cast was meh Malcolm Barrett was not at all fit to lead this show

by Anonymousreply 471June 22, 2018 4:30 PM

Womp Womp

by Anonymousreply 472June 22, 2018 10:40 PM

Someone should just go back in time and reverse the decision.

I mean, it worked LAST year!

by Anonymousreply 473June 22, 2018 11:09 PM

That's disappointing news. But I agree the show wasted its opportunity by giving us sub-par episodes for the first half of the season.

Then making matters worse, the second half of the season was so fantastic. Episodes had heart, something that was so badly missing in the first half. Made me recall how great the first season had been, made me realize why I loved the series and why I will miss it.

by Anonymousreply 474June 22, 2018 11:09 PM

Dammit to all hell!!!

Kripke needs to go back to his teenager to finish it off.

by Anonymousreply 475June 23, 2018 12:47 AM

I'm sad. I really liked this show.

by Anonymousreply 476June 23, 2018 1:53 AM

Well, it’s better than nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477July 31, 2018 7:56 PM

You beat me by 2 minutes, R477. :-)

Glad to be getting closure. Hope they nail it.

by Anonymousreply 478July 31, 2018 7:58 PM

They have a HELL of a lot of threads to tie up in just two one-hour episodes.

There's no way this isn't going to feel rushed.

by Anonymousreply 479July 31, 2018 8:00 PM

Omg!!!!! Really?????

Yes!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 480July 31, 2018 8:02 PM

Sad to see the show go, but glad there will at least be some closure.

by Anonymousreply 481July 31, 2018 8:11 PM

[quote]They have a HELL of a lot of threads to tie up in just two one-hour episodes. There's no way this isn't going to feel rushed.

I agree, but I'll take a rushed finale or no finale any day. This news shows NBC really was committed to the show and fans by giving them this finale.

by Anonymousreply 482July 31, 2018 11:13 PM

I’m surprised it’s not being co-produced by Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 483August 1, 2018 12:48 AM

Oppps, my comment above should read "I'll take a rushed finale OVER no finale any day." Should have proofread it before I posted it.

by Anonymousreply 484August 1, 2018 1:00 AM

Just have Matt Lanter wander about shirtless for 2 hrs.

That's all the closure we need.

by Anonymousreply 485August 1, 2018 1:43 AM

Would you settle for Matt Lauer wandering about shirtless for 2 hrs ?

by Anonymousreply 486August 1, 2018 1:51 AM

With visual shout-outs to those ultra-determined Timeless fans known collectively as Clockblockers, cast and crew of the NBC series tweeted images yesterday from the first full table read of the upcoming finale. The images provide no clues, much less spoilers, beyond confirmation that the return is actually happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487October 21, 2018 3:55 AM

The two-hour finale will air on December 20th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488October 27, 2018 10:51 PM

Bumping just as a reminder that the finale airs a week from tonight!

by Anonymousreply 489December 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 490December 14, 2018 1:18 AM

Trailer/teaser at link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491December 17, 2018 12:02 AM

So how was it?

by Anonymousreply 492December 21, 2018 10:53 AM

They wrapped everything up, but I thought the whole Rittenhouse storyline ended with a whimper.

by Anonymousreply 493December 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Completely forgot about it - will have to see if it is on Hulu. They did not advertise it much. I enjoyed the show, but the Rittenhouse plans and motives were always a little convoluted. Tweaking history hoping it will cause things to go in your favor does not seem like an efficient business plan. A few too many variables when you count on Ben Franklin not being born creating new business opportunities for you. Still fun show and I liked the cast. Glad they gave them the finale. I wonder if it could have made it on Netflix or Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 494December 21, 2018 1:08 PM

Since the series is available on Netflix, I'd expect the finale to be added there eventually.

by Anonymousreply 495December 21, 2018 3:44 PM

Just finished watching it "on demand". Not quite the ending I envisioned. I'm afraid the finale was a fizzle, on par with the mediocre early second season episodes.

by Anonymousreply 496December 22, 2018 8:55 AM

I agree with r496. It was a mediocre finale, very much on par with the mediocre episodes from the first half of the second season.

It was nice to see the characters again. I'm glad they wrapped up loose ends like how Flynn got the diary from Lucy. And of course, we got Rufus back.

What it lacked was the little character moments that made the characters shine, those things that really endeared the characters to the viewers. Wish they'd put a little more effort into those character moments, which could have helped make an average episode into a very good episode.

by Anonymousreply 497December 22, 2018 9:25 AM

Killing off Flynn was the worst decision ever. Lucy has zero chemistry with boring Wyatt. Flynn was a much more interesting than Wyatt will ever be. Dumb af.

by Anonymousreply 498December 22, 2018 1:53 PM

This stupid fucking show deserves to be cancelled after killing off Flynn, who was the show's best character. When Lucy told Wyatt he loved her there was no chemistry, no spark... nothing.

by Anonymousreply 499December 22, 2018 2:03 PM

This show treated Flynn horribly. Barely a mention after he died to save them all.

by Anonymousreply 500December 22, 2018 2:05 PM

I hope that actor who plays Rufus never works again. TERRIBLE actor. Can't act for shit. I felt nothing when Rufus died. I almost cried when Flynn died though. I will really miss his character.

by Anonymousreply 501December 22, 2018 2:10 PM

But R498, he's so DREAMY!

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2019 5:05 PM

In a past episode Lucy's mom was killed so in reality Lucy could never have been born.

by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2019 5:18 PM

It went out not with a bang, but with a whimper.

They had a year to write a 2-hour wrap-up movie, and THAT'S what they came up with??

by Anonymousreply 504January 1, 2019 6:03 PM

I was surprised Lucy didn't get her sister back. And yeah, it felt rushed and underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 505January 10, 2019 1:46 AM

You know, I watched it, and I'm still not sure how they actually beat Rittenhouse. I mean... the guy just showed up and sorta said 'it's over' and … that's it?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 506January 10, 2019 1:48 AM

Now he was Timeless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507January 10, 2019 1:59 AM

Entire series was a rip off from Spanish series “Ministerio de Tiempo” which was vastly better and more enjoyable. The American series focused too much on gimmicks, stupid plots and well, being idiotically American.

Watch the Spanish series on Netflix. Totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 508January 10, 2019 5:19 AM

r508 Thanks or the reminder. I had known there was dispute about the show being an infringement of another show but I'd forgotten. I've added the Spanish series now to my list.

by Anonymousreply 509January 10, 2019 5:28 AM

For a while it was fun. Then it stumbled hard in season 2. And the finale was just... forgettable and lame.

by Anonymousreply 510January 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Jon Erik is a timeless beauty because he died young and gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 511January 10, 2019 2:21 PM

[quote]I was surprised Lucy didn't get her sister back. And yeah, it felt rushed and underwhelming.

Agreed. Given what we -- and the characters -- now know, why didn't they just reveal that Rittenhouse had kidnapped her and dropped her in some other year somewhere (as they did with Jiya), from which she could easily be recovered?

Lucy's search for her sister drove the series, so to kind of give up on that plot point felt weak.

by Anonymousreply 512January 10, 2019 9:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!