Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton "Mirrors" Ad

Probably the best one, to date.

I honestly cannot believe that people are considering voting for that hateful monster on the Reptilian ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 14, 2020 10:33 PM

This is the best political ad EVER!

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2016 8:27 PM

His supporters DON'T CARE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2016 8:28 PM

Why does the vid have so many thumbs down?

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2016 8:28 PM

It is not the best ever. Just more emotionally manipulative garbage from Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2016 8:31 PM

Riiiiight, R4. Because Donald DUMP never said those things.

Even though they were recorded for the entire world to see and hear.

The best weapon against Donald J. Drumpf are the words that come out of his stinking piehole.

Unfortunately, the "American Idiots" don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2016 8:38 PM

R4 - what do you find manipulative about the ad?

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2016 8:39 PM

R6, trolls don't need a reason.

That's what makes them trolls.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2016 8:41 PM

Hot model Nyle DeMarco is with her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2016 8:41 PM

Because it doesn't praise God Lord Trump

by Anonymousreply 9September 25, 2016 8:41 PM

If Hillary wins this election, every member of her creative team for her ads deserves a basket of cash. Haven't seen one that didn't hit it out of the park. Of course, her opponent doesn't lack in material for them.

by Anonymousreply 10September 25, 2016 8:47 PM

Yes, he is pig, but I think the ads with the veterans were more effective.

by Anonymousreply 11September 25, 2016 8:50 PM

[quote]His supporters DON'T CARE!!!!!!

and are very gullible. I read the rhetoric on the DL and the points are well, pointless, the polices - nothing. Not even well sharped ad hominem attacks. Trump supporters simply want to believe a load of crap

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2016 8:50 PM

It's not fay-yer to use Donald's own words against him. They're taken out of CONTEXT. HE's not politically correct.... Anyway, what about the emails?

Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2016 8:51 PM

[quote]Just more emotionally manipulative garbage

au contraire, there are really good points. the Trump ads I've watched are simply "in trump's world, things are great" whereas there is no trump world, there is no policy, there is no experience to show the electorate what he is capable of

he is definitely capable of philandering on his wives, going bankrupt and emotional manipulation

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2016 8:53 PM

[quote] Why does the vid have so many thumbs down?

Because right wing trolls infest the internet.

Anything having to do with either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton is pretty much a MAGNET for right wing trolls. They feed on any Obama or Hillary story, with the intent of attacking their character.

The only difference for Hillary, is that they've been doing it to her for the past 25 years - relentlessly.

I cannot read any Obama or Hillary story on the internet, without seeing right wing trolls in a feeding frenzy type of attack against these two people. It's fucking un-precedented, and I've never seen anything like it before.

The hatred against Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton by right wing Americans is both an obsession, and a compulsion.

These "people" (and I use that term loosely) need to seek psychiatric help.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2016 8:55 PM

KK voting for Hillary could help with millennials.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Hillary needs to clean up her own house, before she goes attacking other people. You really think this lying hypocrite is a good role model for young women?

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2016 8:59 PM

yes, she is.

you honestly think trump is a good example of a lovely husband and father?

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2016 9:01 PM

Yes, because the lying hypocrite, incestuous, bankrupt, cheating, philandering, racist, illegal-immigrant hiring, misogynist, flip-flopping, serial liar is a MUCH better alternative. Right, R17?

Please do us all a favor and stand in the middle of a pool of grease, and then light yourself on fire.

The world will be better off without you.

by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2016 9:04 PM

Are you talking about Bill Clinton, r19? Because that pretty much describes him.

by Anonymousreply 20September 25, 2016 9:07 PM

I love it...everyone should love the truth.

by Anonymousreply 21September 25, 2016 9:08 PM

It's a bit Dove commercial-ish.

The worse bit is him laughing and saying he doesn't respect women. A lot of people don't though.

by Anonymousreply 22September 25, 2016 9:10 PM

Exactly. How does this bitch have the nerve to talk about respect for women when she set the bar for disrespect with her personal behavior?

by Anonymousreply 23September 25, 2016 9:12 PM

R20... you are SO incredibly lame.

Just fucking lame. Nothing witty, nor insightful, nor truthful. Typical of a Drumpf supporter.

Same as R23.

You cunts need to move to Syria. Maybe then you'll have an appreciation for what you have in the US, and what you will LOSE under a President DUMP.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2016 9:16 PM

Why thank you, r24. That really means a lot coming from you, a dumbass Hillary sheep.

by Anonymousreply 25September 25, 2016 9:19 PM

Silly North KoRodhams

Trumps supporters will say "oh, that's just Donald being Donals" or "all men talk like that, women just have to get used to it" or a million other excuses as to why it's really not that bad.

Hillary supporters will remain incensed.

And the undecided voters? Hard to say. I don't know if straight white males in their 50s and 60s will be moved by this ad, even if they have daughters. Maybe. Hard to say.

Because that's the real gauge-- if it changes votes, not reinforces them.

by Anonymousreply 26September 25, 2016 9:22 PM

[quote]KK voting for Hillary could help with millennials. —I can't believe I just said this.

It's sad but true, R16.

by Anonymousreply 27September 25, 2016 9:29 PM

She's an asshole, a warmongering nightmare, and any remotely intelligent person despises her. But we close our eyes, grit our teeth, and vote for Maggie Thatcher because she's not Pennywise the Clown. Please don't try to suggest she's even a goood choice. She's not. But she's not him, her only asset.

by Anonymousreply 28September 25, 2016 9:33 PM

Who is KK?

And Trumpeteers will point to Ivanka as proof that Trump is not really all that bad for girls, look at how well she turned out, she's a career woman and educated and self-possessed and all that.

by Anonymousreply 29September 25, 2016 9:33 PM

Well, he doesn't say anything any worse than what I've heard you "gentlemen" say about women on DL.

No, I'm not voting for Trump. I'm just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 30September 25, 2016 9:40 PM

Remember what Larry "The Holocaust is Forever" Summers said about women. It cost him his plum at Harvard, nut not his job with the feds.

by Anonymousreply 31September 25, 2016 9:42 PM

I think Trump's far-right SCOTUS noms are tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 32September 25, 2016 9:44 PM

Dumpettes trying to extol the virtues of women? Go back to the mud fields, toots.

Slivanka is a Kim Kardashian level socialite who has benefitted from so much nepotism that it would make Melissa Rivers green with envy.

Well maybe not. Melissa was good enough to get in on the ground floor of things. The Dump kids were add ons to a reality show when the two originals decided they were bored of being on there and moved on.

Chelsea has never been Hillary or Bill's sloppy seconds.

by Anonymousreply 33September 25, 2016 9:44 PM

And yet Chelsea and Ivanka are close friends R33

by Anonymousreply 34September 25, 2016 9:48 PM

[quote]Are you talking about Bill Clinton, [R19]? Because that pretty much describes him.

no, she's not. Trump is FAR worse in ALL of those regards. Trump also courts the KKK, something Bill would never dream of

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2016 9:48 PM

four new conservative justices will ruin the country

by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2016 9:50 PM

R29, KK is Kim Kardashian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2016 9:50 PM

Chelsea pities Slivanka.

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2016 9:52 PM

Oh noze R37

Now I need to re-evaluate my support of Clinton.

Just rule of thumb, if a Kardashian is for it, I'm probably against it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2016 9:52 PM

[quote]Trump also courts the KKK

And they're loving it. Frightening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Effective. This is what donations buy. Hope you all contributed something.

by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2016 10:35 PM

Do straight white men without college degrees care about their daughters, more than they care that someone is finally "telling it like it is" and doesn't believe in "political correctness" and is going to get all those Mexicans and Muslims out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 42September 25, 2016 10:49 PM

It's an excellent ad, or would be if Clinton cared any more about the girls in it than Trump does. But she doesn't - unless their parents are filthy rich.

by Anonymousreply 43September 25, 2016 10:57 PM

Does Hillary really want an ad made of all the things that have come out of her mouth about "bimbos" over the years? How about the affidavit she signed, tearing apart the character of a 12 year old girl who was viciously raped -- to the point of being physically unable to have children for life -- by her client? If Hillary looked in a mirror, can she even see a reflection?

Hillary's camp must really think women are completely nonintellectual. simple, shallow beings with zero sense of humor, who only care about sex appeal. They piece together a handful of immature comments Trump has since admitted were stupid, since apologized for his boorishness and has been actively trying to be nicer and learn from people, as if he's some kind of predator. It's dishonest and insults the intelligence of female voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 25, 2016 11:07 PM

They are bimbos. Period.

by Anonymousreply 45September 25, 2016 11:10 PM

Does anyone really think women voters are so stupid, that they'd equate Trump saying some rude comments about Rosie O'Donnell after she attacked him first, with Hillary Clinton making the claim, in a court document, that a 12 year old girl seduced a 43 year old man into brutally raping her until she needed to go to the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 46September 25, 2016 11:14 PM

Hillary: The little girl was "emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men" and that was only part of it. The Judge disagreed with her assessment beyond her professional skill base and reprimanded her for an unnecessary attack on the little girl's character.

by Anonymousreply 47September 25, 2016 11:20 PM

R47 The case also revealed that the little girl was walking alone when the predator, who knew the family, offered HER a ride. Is that "seeking out"?

by Anonymousreply 48September 25, 2016 11:21 PM

It's a good ad, but one that won't have any effect, because everyone already knows that Trump is sexist and has said those things. Everyone has already made up their minds. Either they hate Trump for being a sexist jerk, or they don't mind that he's a sexist jerk. I can't see how an ad like this would change any minds. It would be nice if Hillary aired at least a few ads about HERSELF and what she intends to do as president, instead of making every single ad a rehash of Trump's offensive comments. She needs to tell voters why they should vote FOR her, not just why they should vote against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49September 25, 2016 11:24 PM

Trump is a pig. As such, he's the perfect candidate for many Americans, people like internet trolls, klansmen, and honey booboo's family, who haven't to date had such a strong voice for them in a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 50September 25, 2016 11:30 PM

R50's charm will bring many working class whites to Hillary's camp.

by Anonymousreply 51September 25, 2016 11:32 PM

She's shoring up her college-educated Republicans vote. They're Clinton Republicans, like Reagan Democrats. That demographic hasn't crossed over since Kennedy. It's a tight election and she needs them. I'm sure my college-educated Repug brother-in-law won't vote for Trump, and this is the kind of ad that might get him to vote for Hillary. If he was in a swing state, it won't matter in Kansas anyway.

by Anonymousreply 53September 25, 2016 11:34 PM

R51 At least he's being honest. Hillary and her camp have nothing but contempt for The Working Poor in America.

by Anonymousreply 54September 25, 2016 11:34 PM

R52, please try to come with something original that hasn't been discredited beyond belief, dear. We're still talking about Hillary "laughing" at a rape victim?

by Anonymousreply 55September 25, 2016 11:35 PM

Hillary needs to attack Trump on POLICY, because attacking his character hasn't hurt him. She needs ads that show how Trump's policies would be a disaster that sets this country back by decades. She needs ads that show how Trump's promise to "make America great again" is a sham. She needs to show why the Democratic platform is the only one that can keep America great. She needs to inject a note of optimism and hope into this negative, cynical election.

by Anonymousreply 56September 25, 2016 11:37 PM

[quote] If Trump is a pig, what do you call a woman who giggles as she talks about getting her guilty client off for brutally raping a 12 year old girl?

She never did that. But defending someone accused of a crime? I would call her a lawyer doing her job in America. If you don't like the legal system in America you should move to Russia or China.

Trump on the other hand raped a 13 year old girl, and raped his ex-wife. So yeah, he's a pig, for about a million different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 57September 25, 2016 11:38 PM

R55 You're okay with her 1980 interview, above? This is public record. Filed in reserve status at The University of Arkansas.

Do you like how flippantly she talked about that case?

by Anonymousreply 58September 25, 2016 11:38 PM

R57 Why would she say it, then? Wouldn't that be demented, to lie about getting a child rapist off for time already served? The, to proudly explain how you did it, throwing in occasional jokes about it, in an interview years later? Wouldn't that be really weird behavior?

by Anonymousreply 59September 25, 2016 11:40 PM

R46, R47 R48 - Here is a link with facts and documentation about the case. You probably don't want to read it - I suspect you don't like confusing the issue with facts.

R49 - I think you're wrong. The campaign is about two things. 1) Shoring up your base so they get out and vote. For a candidate with Clinton's unfavorable rating that is important. The ad clearly works on that level. 2) Moving undecided voters into you camp. The ad works on that level as well. Reminding the undecided voter what they are actually supporting if they vote for Trump.

For example Trump didn't go to a Black church to sway Black voters. He did it to make white undecided voters more comfortable with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 25, 2016 11:40 PM

[quote]At least he's being honest. Hillary and her camp have nothing but contempt for The Working Poor in America.

Oh my sides!

Yes republicans care deeply for the working poor of America, and democrats just want to give tax cuts to the rich -- in bizarro world anyway.

Trump sends all his work to overseas sweatshops and hires illegals to work in his hotels. Facts. Yet he claims to these poor deluded people that he's going to wave his magic wand and make it all better. But his actual business practice makes it clear what he really has in mind.

by Anonymousreply 61September 25, 2016 11:42 PM

I'm not sure who this ad is supposed to appeal to, which is why it's a crappy ad. All her ads are an appeal to emotion, without any substance.

by Anonymousreply 62September 25, 2016 11:44 PM

R60 I give you Hillary's OWN WORDS, now a reference at a university and you give me some biased opinion piece from "Snopes".

Do you like how flippantly she talked about that case? The "Mirrors" ad accuses Trump of insensitivity to women. What do Hillary's statements (and the way she said them) about the rape of a little girl, reveal about her sensitivity or lack thereof?

by Anonymousreply 63September 25, 2016 11:44 PM

R61 I was referring to the poster's comment. You really have a problem with context. I mean it. This happens with you all of the time, quotesy.

by Anonymousreply 64September 25, 2016 11:45 PM

[quote]I'm not sure who this ad is supposed to appeal to, which is why it's a crappy ad. All her ads are an appeal to emotion, without any substance.

Clinton is playing for white women voters, both married and uneducated. They will decide the election, hence the heavy emphasis on emotional aspect.

by Anonymousreply 65September 25, 2016 11:46 PM

Sorry, I meant both married and unmarried.

by Anonymousreply 66September 25, 2016 11:47 PM

Thank god trump doesn't do that, right r62? The man is a bastion of honest fact-telling. Except whenever he opens his mouth and one filthy lie after another tumbles out.

And his supporters follow suit, like their gutter slander lies about Hillary laughing at a rape victim.

Why don't we just make things up about trump, everyone? Did you know he once walked up to a paraplegic girl, took out his little dick, and came all over her face as he cackled maniacally?

by Anonymousreply 67September 25, 2016 11:48 PM

Emotion is the way to get the undecideds, duh. Moderate Republicans aren't going to be crazy about most of her policies.

by Anonymousreply 68September 25, 2016 11:49 PM

In the main, most women will vote for HIllary which will get her there. Adding all of her other votes will result in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 69September 25, 2016 11:51 PM

That's because there ARE no more "moderate" republicans. With republicans in 21st century America, it's "how much do you approve of the klan?

Mostly

Completely

Hell, I'm IN it!

by Anonymousreply 70September 25, 2016 11:52 PM

R63 - do you know what an opinion piece is? Here is the factcheck.org article on the case. I know you won't like this, but scroll down to the end of each article. There you will find a list of sources. If you don't know what sources are - google is your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 25, 2016 11:53 PM

R69, the country is polarized. The candidates get about half the votes no matter how fucking horrible they are. Trump's polling numbers prove that. He's the most disgusting human being ever to be a main party nominee yet he's competitive in the polls.

The battle comes down to the fight for the edges.

by Anonymousreply 72September 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Its an attack ad and kind of tacky. Not as tacky as Trump but.

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2016 11:56 PM

Not tacky at all, R73. HRC's campaign focus group's their ads thoroughly before spending millions of dollars to put it on the airwaves. It's an effective ad that will play to the undecideds.

by Anonymousreply 74September 25, 2016 11:58 PM

Grease fire at r51's house! I can smell it's burning from here!

Meanwhile back in the real world, HRC worked for the Children's Defense Fund for years. Now let's see, who does THAT benefit? OOPSIE! THE WORKING POOR you stupid pus filled cunts!

This NEWSFLASH from the real world: Trumpenstein only looks out for himself, rapes children, has incestuous thoughts about his oldest daughter and was caught talking about how bug his youngest daughter's breasts would be when she was a baby.

There really is no choice unless you're brain dead or Rudy Giuliani which might as well be the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 75September 25, 2016 11:59 PM

Let's not forget trumps been accused of rape at least twice.

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2016 12:00 AM

Well that's your opinion R74. I find the add sleazy but perhaps because its about how sleazy Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 77September 26, 2016 12:05 AM

*ad oops

by Anonymousreply 78September 26, 2016 12:05 AM

Good deconstruction of the warp in that Snopes article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 26, 2016 12:42 AM

Yeah, and just look up the criticisms of Jack Marshall of Ethics Alarms

by Anonymousreply 80September 26, 2016 12:52 AM

R79 - not a good "deconstruction" of the article. I suggest you do your own "deconstruction". Read both Snopes and Factchec.org. Then check their sources.

I know this is difficult but even in the cases where someone is accused or raping a child - they are entitled to a defense. Also keep in mind that just because someone is accused of a horrific crime doesn't mean they lose their constitutional rights.

What I find most irritating about this line of attack is this on the list of things which clearly show HRC's long time commitment to public service. Of course you won't find similar incidents from Trump's past because he has shown no commitment to public service.

by Anonymousreply 81September 26, 2016 1:21 AM

This ad is appealing to emotions SO HARD

by Anonymousreply 82September 26, 2016 1:39 AM

I think it's a great hard-hitting ad.

After having to listen to right-wing fraus shriek, "What am I supposed to tell my KIDS!???" for decades, we get an ad that will make the rest of us shriek it with them! The girls in the spot are tween, and do pick up a lot of their messages from the media loudmouths. I think it's a very effective spot.

by Anonymousreply 83September 26, 2016 1:51 AM

I know this is difficult but even in the cases where someone is accused or raping a child - they are entitled to a defense. True R81 as Trump will be in his looming rape case.

by Anonymousreply 84September 26, 2016 1:55 AM

[quote]Do straight white men without college degrees care about their daughters

usually they do. they beat up the guy who slags on them

by Anonymousreply 85September 26, 2016 2:08 AM

Are you Hilbots really pretending that Clinton isn't laughing on that video about the rape case??? You can hear it with your own ears...that's how fucked up you are? Jesus.

As for Trump raping that 13 year old girl...the irony. You think it's perfectly okay that Clinton used a slut defense on a 12 year old child, when she knew her client was guilty, but you think Trump should be punished to the full extent of the law. And you don't see the irony?? And, BTW, Billy is also implicated in the Epstein scandal, and was raping little girls too. Want him prosecuted as well?

I've come to the point where I believe that Clinton's rabid supporters are the lowest forms of life on the planet. Trump's goons at least have the excuse of inbreeding and retardation. But you creeps make me sick. You'll do anything to justify that asshole's conduct. Honestly, if she were running against anyone other than Trump, I'd vote against her.

by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2016 2:13 AM

R84 Oh shut the fuck up. She had no obligation to take the case, he already had an attorney. He wanted a woman because he thought he could beat the charges that way. The defense Clinton used would be illegal to use today, BTW. He raped that kid so violently, she was rendered permanently infertile. Clinton knew he was guilty, yet called the little girl a slut who chased after older men. A 12 year old virgin. That's your hero. She's a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2016 2:16 AM

R87 - just not true. Go away. When you've grown up and want a serious discussion, come back.

by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2016 2:35 AM

Now, now. R87 is just a hardworking gal. Comrade Putin pays her for every pissy word she writes about Hillary. That's why the same falsehoods have been repeated over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 89September 26, 2016 2:52 AM

Bill Clinton obviously had a very low opinion of women, his wife and the women he constantly hit on. Yet, most of you think he was a great president.

Parents should give their little girls looking in mirrors their self-esteem, not the president. The presidency isn't the Oprah Winfrey show. The little girls will survive what Donald Trump said about Rosie O'Donnell in the past. It's really not the end of the world.

by Anonymousreply 90September 26, 2016 3:04 AM

R90- I know this seems impossible but you clearly don't have daughters, don't have sites and apparently never had a mother or grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 91September 26, 2016 3:07 AM

whoops sisters not sites.

by Anonymousreply 92September 26, 2016 3:12 AM

R92, I wouldn't think any young girl or woman would look to the presidency for their views of how they feel about themselves. I don't know anyone who does, or who did while growing up. This country has gotten weird that way.

by Anonymousreply 93September 26, 2016 3:15 AM

You Trumpkins should admire Hillary for being willing to give a rapist a defense in court, I mean, considering your candidate's ... foibles in that department.

by Anonymousreply 94September 26, 2016 3:15 AM

[quote]As for Trump raping that 13 year old girl...the irony.

no irony, he's come out to the media that he doesn't respect women, he very probably raped a very young girl. Bill clinton or hillary for that matter didn't.

by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2016 3:17 AM

[quote]Bill Clinton obviously had a very low opinion of women, his wife and the women he constantly hit on.

not my opinion he seemed to have loved every woman he encountered, his mother, who he loved darerly, his wife, and all the others.

by Anonymousreply 96September 26, 2016 3:19 AM

If he loved his wife, he wouldn't have humiliated her by having affairs, R96.

by Anonymousreply 97September 26, 2016 3:20 AM

[quote] The little girls will survive what Donald Trump said about Rosie O'Donnell in the past.

how about appointing four conservative supreme court justices who take away their right to medical care they need? how about being the daughter of a mexican national and having that parent deported? how about his silent ex wives who he payed off after he dumped them? how about the future Mrs Trump?

you truly and deeply have NO ideal who this misogynistic freak is

by Anonymousreply 98September 26, 2016 3:22 AM

[quote]If he loved his wife, he wouldn't have humiliated her by having affairs

you say that and it is clear that you haven't been around very much, turnip. also, check your butt-buddy, trump, he's fucked every single whore from here to shanghai, while married, and go ahead and ask his ex-wives

by Anonymousreply 99September 26, 2016 3:23 AM

I just saw this ad again in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 100September 26, 2016 4:23 AM

r99 = Johnny Did It Too!

by Anonymousreply 101September 26, 2016 4:25 AM

R93 - I have to assume you aren't a gay man. But rather someone drawn to this website to add your conservative heterosexual voice of reason.

A gay man would acknowledge how public perceptions impact us when we are young Let me explain. When yor grow up and everywhere you look it is men talking about being attracted to women it is very difficult to deal with the fact your attraction is to another boy. Now try very hard to keep an open mind. So if you are a girl growing up and your aren't pretty how difficult is your life made by a President who admits beauty is what is important and he doesn't respect women?

by Anonymousreply 102September 26, 2016 4:49 AM

Trump brought this on himself by saying he doesn't really want to run the country, just be a symbol of toughness and a top-flight negotiator. None of which is really the president's job. The president's job is to enforce the laws, present budgets, maintain the national dignity among nations, and know legislation inside and out. He also manages the government and grants pardons. Too much "Queen of England" symbolic bullshit has been attached to the job: Medal of Freedom, Kennedy Center honors, Easter egg roll, Thanksgiving turkey pardon, White House correspondents' dinner, etc ad infinitum. Hillary and Obama are very conscious of all that stuff, which if I were president would all be swept away as bullshit. So the ad is only partly effective since not everybody agrees that the president should be a symbol, but ironically Trump does so it should hurt him.

by Anonymousreply 103September 26, 2016 5:01 AM

Capitol Fourth, Christmas tree lighting, labor day, memorial day at Arlington, 9.11 now, summitry, the calendar is utterly clogged with bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 104September 26, 2016 5:02 AM

He also gives the State of the Union, and I think that is bullshit too.

by Anonymousreply 105September 26, 2016 5:03 AM

PResident's day, ML KIng day, black history month, National Prayer Breakfast (the only reason I would go would be to arrest the President of Uganda and ship him off to the Hague for trial).

by Anonymousreply 106September 26, 2016 5:04 AM

It's not the same thing, I realize, but I'm always surprised at how much women love Howard Stern. DLer's like him in general, too. Trump reminds me of a Stern kind of guy. Yet, I don't like Howard Stern or Trump, but most liberal-minded people I know hate Trump (for obvious reason), but they love Howard Stern who is extremely degrading about women. Yet so many women love him and female celebrities gladly appear on his show and never fail to get on his level.

There's a strange disconnect among Democrats with their taste in popular culture, and what they focus on in their contempt for Trump. There are so many political subjects to go after Trump about, yet the focus keeps being put on his views about women.

by Anonymousreply 107September 26, 2016 5:05 AM

^ Edit: Remove the word "yet" in the third sentence; reasons (not reason) in the same sentence.

(Apologies for the unedited writing.)

by Anonymousreply 108September 26, 2016 5:08 AM

Again, so much "maybe" here.

If the ad hits its target--white suburban women who usually vote Republican but who are turned off by the idea of Trump-- it can be incredibly effective. The assumption of many observers is the election will turn on how many of those women defect to vote for Hillary.

If Trump's people don't come back with an ad about Monica and Flowers and the way Hillary treated them. Yes, it will be less than truthful (what does Trump ever say that is truthful?) but it could blunt the effect of Mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 109September 26, 2016 5:10 AM

Yeah, R22 - I agree. It's really for the same target audience.

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2016 5:17 AM

R30, you're right about that. Pathetic isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2016 5:29 AM

Regardless of how I feel about Hillary I thought this was a very effective ad

by Anonymousreply 112September 26, 2016 5:49 AM

An ad about Monica and Flowers is NOT going to help Trump. It's classless. That's probably why Trump has backed off his "official" invitation to Flowers at the debate today.

by Anonymousreply 113September 26, 2016 6:18 AM

[quote]At least he's being honest.

LOL at the word "honest" being used to describe "King of the Liars" Trump! Crooked Trump, Shyster Trump, Con Man Trump, Liar King Trump!

by Anonymousreply 114September 26, 2016 6:22 AM

My mother is a HUGE Trump supporter. She also thinks most women are pigs. So this ad will mean nothing to her. For as long as I can remember, her views of other women were that if a man cheats, it's because of the woman. She also loves Sarah Palin, George W. Bush, Jesus, Fox News and her guns. She hates all Mexicans and Blacks and has no issues with what Trump says. He's a "straight shooter" and a Washington outsider. But she also believes Satan put dinosaur bones here on the Earth to make us doubt the Bible...so there ya go.

by Anonymousreply 115September 26, 2016 6:42 AM

R113 - on what planet does being "classless" hurt Trump?

His whole brand is built on it.

by Anonymousreply 116September 26, 2016 6:48 AM

[quote] The girls in the spot are tween, and do pick up a lot of their messages from the media loudmouths.

Oh yeah. When I think of the voice speaking to America's tween girls, I think of Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 117September 26, 2016 6:57 AM

R116 In a formal debate being classless won't help him. He won't have his idiots at his rally's to cheer him on at the debate. Those fools give his mouth fuel and he goes crazy.

by Anonymousreply 118September 26, 2016 7:06 AM

R115 LOL

by Anonymousreply 119September 26, 2016 7:07 AM

Dear R115 Your mother has dementia and should be put in a home.

by Anonymousreply 120September 26, 2016 7:14 AM

[quote]He also gives the State of the Union, and I think that is bullshit too.

Presidents turned that into bullshit themselves. It was supposed to be a dry report of what was where and who was what, and it got turned into theater.

by Anonymousreply 121September 26, 2016 11:39 AM

[quote]In a formal debate being classless won't help him. He won't have his idiots at his rally's to cheer him on at the debate.

A good point -- with no one to egg him how, what will happen?

by Anonymousreply 122September 26, 2016 11:40 AM

Yes R118 the approval of the baying mob is Trump's sparkle juice.

by Anonymousreply 123September 26, 2016 12:02 PM

I'm officially done with the "she's so flawed but she is the lesser of two evils" rhetoric. Cause, you know, I'm flawed. And you are flawed. And Bernie Sanders is flawed and Barack Obama is flawed and even Michelle Obama is flawed. But the difference between all of them and me--and probably you, is that they have all given their flawed lives to public service. And now, they are all working together in their inevitably flawed ways, to save all of us, and the whole world from a sociopathic narcissist. And every day, Hillary puts a hopefully unflawed bullet proof vest on her flawed and aging and sometimes unsmiling self and stands up in front of people who have been incited by her opponent to shoot her, and she says calm and rational and intelligent (and sometimes flawed) things about how to make a difference. In my book that makes her a fucking rock star. And in the words of another flawed and resilient rock star.

by Anonymousreply 124September 26, 2016 1:12 PM

Which points out one of the difficulties of the debate. What if he pulls out a gun and shoots her? What then? He is fully capable of such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 125September 26, 2016 3:09 PM

no, but his followers are

by Anonymousreply 126September 26, 2016 3:25 PM

she's more honest than him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 26, 2016 3:27 PM

She is probably equally honest as he.

by Anonymousreply 128September 26, 2016 3:30 PM

Fuck off pus filled cunt at r90.

BC is NOT running for President you stupid twat. HRC is. Trumpenstein is.

Wait! Paula Jones, is that you? If so, that plastic surgery actually made it worse!

by Anonymousreply 129September 26, 2016 8:57 PM

I'm sure it's difficult to see clearly through such blind rage, R129, but my point was that Bill Clinton didn't respect women and yet most Democrats think he was an excellent president. Therefore, it follows that Trump's attitude toward (certain) women wouldn't automatically negate the possibility that he could be a good president. It's disingenuous for Democrats to focus so much on that subject, given their high regard for Bill Clinton as president. Plus, Hillary's ads seem too touch-feely for politics.

Hillary should discuss policy, and she should go after Trump on the myriad of other subjects he needs to be attacked for.

by Anonymousreply 130September 26, 2016 10:23 PM

I got into a twitter debate with two Trumpsters recently; one, who proudly added "Deplorable" to her name, claimed the accusation that Donald "Bill Clinton's a rapist!" Trump raped a 13-year-old was baseless as there was no proof. I replied that since we're talking about "proof", where's the IRS form letter proving that Trump was being audited? Her reply was "we don't care about that!". Then she blocked me. Then a white-knight jumped in to argue that Trump's a private citizen, and thus didn't have to release his tax info. I told him that, since Trump loves to throw around the "Lyin' ___!", he should at least release the form letter, to prove that he's not a liar himself. White knight's reply was pretty much "Bengazi! Isis! They're taking our jobs!"...then he blocked me.

by Anonymousreply 131September 27, 2016 12:41 AM

It's not blind rage r130. I call it like I see it. Your phoney concern for Democrats has been duly noted. BTW that manifesto you just released isn't helpful.

If you think for one second Democrats DIDN'T care about what Bill was doing offline, you don't know shit about us. BTW if he disrespected women so much, he would've gone full Trump a while ago. HRC would've been in the rear view mirror before he even ran. And like Trump, he would probably be all over Chelsea (YUCK!).

Bottom line we need the leader of the free world not Pollyanna or Sister Kenny.

by Anonymousreply 132September 27, 2016 3:24 PM

I'm sure Hillary's ads do appeal to the Oprah Winfrey crowd. I would have preferred a more serious-minded political mind with our first female president. She's veering way too far into the self-esteem, me-centered arena for my liking. I can picture the self-centered hysterics who sit in the audiences of daytime talk shows really liking these ads. But what about the rest of the country? Can you imagine the founding fathers worrying about what teenagers think about their looks when they stare into a mirror, and then basing their campaigns on such a platform?

Freedom, security, jobs. Those are the subjects much of the electorate wants a president to be preoccupied with.

by Anonymousreply 133September 27, 2016 10:44 PM

When I look in the mirror, I have to remind myself that I am NOT a narcissistic loony toon. You see, Hillary referred to me that way, and so my self-esteem plummeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 29, 2016 3:30 AM

Come on ladies in Hillary's ad... Don't worry about what Donald said about Rosie year ago. Just tell yourself:

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 29, 2016 4:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 136September 29, 2016 6:51 PM

R15, I agree. It's very unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 137September 29, 2016 7:28 PM

Monica- well, yeah, Hillary was mad at you because- uh, you did her husband- duh. And besides, you sure acted like a loony toon for quite a while- and I'm not forgiving Bill for his dunderheaded behavior one iota- but it had very little to do with his politics.

by Anonymousreply 138September 29, 2016 7:31 PM

Bill Clinton never publically called women fat, or pigs, or any other of the multiple insults Trump has consistently leveled on women. No one with two brain cells can compare the two.

by Anonymousreply 139September 29, 2016 9:13 PM

[quote]Plus, Hillary's ads seem too touch-feely for politics. Hillary should discuss policy, and she should go after Trump on the myriad of other subjects he needs to be attacked for.

You're being disingenuous. You know damned well that is the EXACT thing for which Hillary's always been pilloried: her "inability" to connect with people on a human, emotional level--that all she IS is policy wonkishness. So to sit there behind your keyboard and tell us Hillary needs to do exactly what she's already BEEN doing? Madness.

But you know what? Keep moving those goalposts--Hillary is used to it. Unlike the Trumpster fire, Hillary can roll with the changes.

[quote]Can you imagine the founding fathers worrying about what teenagers think about their looks when they stare into a mirror, and then basing their campaigns on such a platform?

Well, R133, your Founding Fathers also CONSTITUTIONALLY declared Blacks to be 3/5ths of a person, allowed slavery to flourish, and didn't allow women to vote, so there's that....

by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2016 1:02 AM

For the record, r107, I'm a woman and I despise howard stern. I think he's filth and he ranks right up there with rush limpdick in my book.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2016 2:05 AM

R134 is an excellent post!

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2016 8:03 PM

[quote]Bill Clinton never publically called women fat, or pigs

No, he just sexually assaulted them.

by Anonymousreply 143October 1, 2016 1:26 AM

Now, now, R143. Don't moralize. Remember, Bill Clinton isn't running for president. His wife, the one who stayed with him and trashed the women he sexually assaulted is! So don't bring Bill into this!

Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 144October 1, 2016 4:55 AM

How many posts does it take to earn a ruble?

by Anonymousreply 145October 1, 2016 5:01 AM

Identity politics is going to be so strong and so annoying the next four years. And I agree with the posters upthread who think Hillary's campaign ads have an Oprah feel. I'm glad Bill will be around the White House to deal with the deeper issues.

by Anonymousreply 146October 1, 2016 8:55 AM

Oh gee, I'm glad we have a senile old man who plays with balloons to deal with the deeper issues. Lord knows someone with ovaries is too delicate to handle the job.

by Anonymousreply 147October 1, 2016 9:22 AM

I'd mess up that orange rug top as he buries his face between my titties.

by Anonymousreply 148October 1, 2016 10:01 AM

[quote]Oh gee, I'm glad we have a senile old man who plays with balloons to deal with the deeper issues

Well, there's another one waiting in the wings. Let's all hope that Hillary stays healthy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 1, 2016 8:44 PM

Wow...

by Anonymousreply 150October 2, 2016 3:00 AM

Hillary slut-shaming Gennifer Flowers. Such a nice way to talk about another woman.

(And what's with the Southern accent? Hillary was raised in Illinois.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 2, 2016 3:23 AM

Time to earn them rubles!

by Anonymousreply 152October 2, 2016 3:25 AM

That accent is what she puts on to appear relatable and folksy. We've been treated to her real voice for months and as you can tell, it's not pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 153October 2, 2016 3:35 AM

R23 is deluded and I doubt that she could be educated...as if Trump ever treated anyone with respect, man or woman. He respects money and that is as far as it goes. He is a monster who deserves the prison sentence he will someday get.

by Anonymousreply 154October 2, 2016 3:42 AM

Yes, we all know that R154. But do you approve of the way Hillary treated the women Bill had affairs with and/or sexually assaulted?

by Anonymousreply 155October 2, 2016 4:23 AM

The video at R151 sounds like Hillary was in denial. Understandable.

But, man... the Clintons will just never go away. Sorry but they're very annoying people at best, and trashy at worst. And I'm not impressed with anything Hillary has done in politics. I wish I was, but I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 156October 2, 2016 7:37 AM

Trump is an orange cunt , there is no-one worse in politics.

by Anonymousreply 157October 2, 2016 1:59 PM

[quote] Hillary slut-shaming Gennifer Flowers. Such a nice way to talk about another woman.

She did no such thing. She basically called her a loser and a political tool, but she didn't "slut-shame" her. She reacted as one would expect the wife of a philandering husband to act when she's in denial about it.

[quote] (And what's with the Southern accent? Hillary was raised in Illinois.)

And lived in Arkansas for almost 20 years, married to a man with an accent as thick as molasses.

by Anonymousreply 158October 2, 2016 2:14 PM

Hillary moved to Arkansas when she was nearly 30. You don't develop a Southern accent at that age.

by Anonymousreply 159October 3, 2016 5:29 PM

[quote]Hillary moved to Arkansas when she was nearly 30. You don't develop a Southern accent at that age.

Didn't stop her from faking one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 14, 2020 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!