Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marcella

I'm working my way through this Netflix series, not sure what I think about it. Great production values, and the ice maiden matriarch seems like DL icon material. Also love the villain (kind of reminds me of Bosch's first season nemesis).

However, I can't stand the character of Marcella herself, and the gay guys in the story are pretty stereotypical, even if the one with the beard is very hot.

Thoughts anyone?

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2020 3:50 PM

Whutsit about and who's innit

by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2016 4:15 PM

Apologies - I started the thread on my phone where linking isn't intuitive (for me). Here you go ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2016 4:40 PM

had to stop watching it because she was so annoying

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2016 4:42 PM

You're right: she's an insufferable cunt!

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2016 4:50 PM

What is so "stereotypical" about the gays, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2016 4:54 PM

Mostly their looks, and they seem a bit fem to me.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2016 4:57 PM

Does this have anything to do with Raggedy Ann?

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2016 4:59 PM

R6 It's spelled "femme," twattina. And I didn't think the German guy was at all femme.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2016 5:04 PM

Her estranged husband on the show is so hot and he has a great ass!

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2016 5:14 PM

OP, most gays are stereotypes so it's pretty true to life in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2016 5:17 PM

"Femme" is the lesbian opposite of butch. I hadn't realized the bearded guy was German; he was okay

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2016 5:52 PM

I stopped watching. Yes, it looks great but it had two strikes against it: It was horrifyingly violent (and I thought I was inured to TV violence) and the main character's an asshole. Fuck it.

I rewatched Happy Valley and recommend that.

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2016 6:33 PM

Indeed it can be violent. At one point we see her husband being beaten up; I thought he would die, but he ends up just bruised, telling Marcella he hired guys to do it "so I could 'feel' something." Not sure I believe him, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2016 7:30 PM

R8: "Fem" is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation of "feminine."

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2016 8:10 PM

There is something to be said for diversity in casting: all the young white guys looked alike. Same age, same colouring, same haircut, I couldn't tell one from the other and became very confused. And you are right. The husband is great looking. And because he is black, instantly recognizable in a cast of mostly unknown actors.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2016 10:17 PM

For some people, r14, everything is "perfectly acceptable." Others prefer to get it right.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2016 10:28 PM

There's to be a second season apparently - oh joy!

With one episode left to go, I pronounce our heroine a hot mess. That hunky coworker who's making moves on her may life to regret it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2016 7:05 PM

.........ITA

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2016 4:46 AM

.........ITA

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2016 4:47 AM

The actress had a lot of work done on her face; in HD TV it becomes a distraction.

I gave up after one episode and I can't even remember why.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2016 4:52 AM

I watched it quite a while ago. Enjoyed it a lot.

Nice to see Apollo from BSG back in action. Hottie.

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2016 6:13 AM

Anyone still watching this?

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2020 2:57 PM

Is the Indian cop supposed to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2020 3:01 PM

I liked the first two seasons, the third season.... just nope. Very badly written, and just not believable.

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2020 3:43 PM

Agree with R24, the third season was dreadful. It was quite dark, even more than the first two series.

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2020 3:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!