Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actor James Stacy, 79

Actor James Stacy, star of 1960s Western 'Lancer,' dies

Actor James Stacy, best known for portraying the title role in the late 1960s Western TV series “Lancer,” has died in Ventura. He was 79 years old.

The actor died Sept. 9 from an allergic reaction to medication, Variety reported.

Born Maurice W. Elias in Los Angeles, Stacy worked steadily in television during the 1960s. His career was interrupted by a serious motorcycle accident that resulted in the loss of his left arm and left leg. He also encountered a variety of legal problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 1:23 PM

During the early 1960s, Stacy was married to actress Connie Stevens, after the two met on the set of the film “Summer Magic.” They divorced in 1966 after three years. A later marriage to Kim Darby (“True Grit”) lasted just a year, ending in divorce in 1969.

After “Lancer” ended, Stacy appeared on other series, including “The Streets of San Francisco” and “Marcus Welby, M.D.” before being struck by a drunk driver in 1973. The accident resulted in the death of his then-girlfriend, Claire Cox, and the loss of his left arm and left leg.

Stacy was bound to a wheelchair after the collision, which led to a lawsuit in which he received damages from a bar that served the driver who struck him.

In 1996, Stacy was convicted of molesting an 11-year-old girl in the first of a series of legal troubles that included allegations of prowling while he was on bail for those charges.The actor attempted suicide after fleeing to Hawaii before sentencing. He eventually served six years in the men’s prison in Chino.

Stacy is survived by his partner, Antigoni Tsamparlis, as well as a daughter, Heather Elias, from his marriage to Darby, a grandson, great-grandson and a brother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2016 2:56 AM

Allegations of prowling? How does a man with one leg and one arm prowl?

by Anonymousreply 2September 21, 2016 3:03 AM

^^^^With SIGN LANGUAGE, Rose!!

by Anonymousreply 3September 21, 2016 3:23 AM

I first read about this guy here at the datalounge. What a fucked-up mess.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2016 7:59 PM

He attempted suicide around the time of his molestation incident by jumping off of a cliff. That couldn't have been easy with one arm and leg. And he survived?!

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2016 8:42 PM

[quote]Allegations of prowling? How does a man with one leg and one arm prowl?

That cracked me up because that's the first thing I thought too.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2016 9:12 PM

James Franco should do a movie about him

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2016 12:19 AM

Really messed up guy, but he was pretty hot at one time. Kim Darby must have liked really hot messed up guys. She was at one time seriously involved with Pete Duel, handsome as hell but seriously screwed up. I never understood how Kim Darby got these hot guys in her bed; she was never much to look at. But she was rather a basket case herself; maybe that was what drew them to her. Like favors like.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2016 1:04 AM

I never knew who he was, and still don't.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2019 8:23 AM

I swear DataLounge is just going to hell.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2019 8:31 AM

Stacy was one gorgeous man back in the day. I don't know if he was always prone to molesting underage girls, or if his mentality came as a result of the accident and the drastic downturn in his life. Since it only seems to have happened once I have to think that he went nuts after his accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2019 8:34 AM

He died 4 years ago. Why was this bumped?

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2019 12:14 PM

If it's of no interest to you, why have you bothered to click on the link and comment?

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2019 12:01 PM

[quote]Allegations of prowling? How does a man with one leg and one arm prowl?

Or flee? Don’t forget “...fleeing to Hawaii.”

“Hurry, boys - he’s very slowly getting away!”

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2019 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!