Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chick Lit - any fans?

I was an avid reader of my morpther's LaVryle Spencer and Danielle Steele novels. I later got into Stephanie Plum and Bridget Jones.

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2019

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 109/15/2016

But did you Eat, Pray, and Love OP?

by Anonymousreply 209/15/2016

I stopped reading a couple of books lately. They were cleverly concealed "chick lit."

by Anonymousreply 309/15/2016

I thought Bridget Jones was funny.

by Anonymousreply 409/15/2016

Chick Lits are very refreshing and have a tasty candy coating.. Why would anyone have a problem with Chick Lits?

by Anonymousreply 509/15/2016

I read my mom's Judy Blume books. The adult ones, Wifey and something else. The life of suburban heterosexuals portrayed in those books was my idea of hell , and they helped me realize I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 609/15/2016

This one was a childhood classic

by Anonymousreply 709/18/2016

The most hilarious are the hilariously sexed-up "Rutshire" novels by Jilly Cooper in the UK. They're all about the upper-crust horsey set, and they sell in the millions in the UK. the main superstud in them--whom all women want!-- is based on the former husband of Camilla Parker-Bowles.

I am not making this up.

by Anonymousreply 809/18/2016

Nora Roberts is an amazing storyteller. She's not Toni Morrison but she doesn't set out to be. Her stories are fun reads for an elder gay like me.

by Anonymousreply 909/18/2016

The cover for Jilly Cooper's latest "Rutshire" novel, "Mount!"

by Anonymousreply 1009/18/2016

R3 I accidentally read some chick lit as well, but I actually liked it.

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!