Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chick Lit - any fans?

I was an avid reader of my morpther's LaVryle Spencer and Danielle Steele novels. I later got into Stephanie Plum and Bridget Jones.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 11:04 PM

I condole you.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2016 3:59 PM

But did you Eat, Pray, and Love OP?

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2016 4:04 PM

I stopped reading a couple of books lately. They were cleverly concealed "chick lit."

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2016 4:08 PM

I thought Bridget Jones was funny.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2016 4:18 PM

Chick Lits are very refreshing and have a tasty candy coating.. Why would anyone have a problem with Chick Lits?

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2016 4:26 PM

I read my mom's Judy Blume books. The adult ones, Wifey and something else. The life of suburban heterosexuals portrayed in those books was my idea of hell , and they helped me realize I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2016 4:32 PM

This one was a childhood classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2016 11:43 PM

The most hilarious are the hilariously sexed-up "Rutshire" novels by Jilly Cooper in the UK. They're all about the upper-crust horsey set, and they sell in the millions in the UK. the main superstud in them--whom all women want!-- is based on the former husband of Camilla Parker-Bowles.

I am not making this up.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2016 11:49 PM

Nora Roberts is an amazing storyteller. She's not Toni Morrison but she doesn't set out to be. Her stories are fun reads for an elder gay like me.

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2016 11:56 PM

The cover for Jilly Cooper's latest "Rutshire" novel, "Mount!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2016 1:22 AM

R3 I accidentally read some chick lit as well, but I actually liked it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 5:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 8:12 PM

I read lots of books aimed at teenage girls when I was very young, but only because at the time I couldn't get my hands on anything explicitly gay.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 8:19 PM

Upon reading one of my sister’s Jilly Cooper novels, I had to look up clitoris in the dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2019 9:04 PM

R7: But that novel is not chick lit at all.

Chick lit has very specific traits, the fact that a novel was written by a woman and the main characters are women doesn't mean it's chick lit at all

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2019 9:39 PM

I actually like Mary Kay Andrews. She's got a lot of books, some mysteries, with house renovations that are fun light reading. '

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2019 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!