Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I the only person who kind of thinks Alexander Skarsgård is gay?

I Thought there would be more on the subject. I'm not much a fan of his but I am very curious why my favorite sites( CDAN, LipstickAlley & DL) have not made many threads on this topic. His relationship with Alexa Chung gives me serious Hiddleswift vibes and he hangs out with Derek Blasberg. Curious. He even lived next door to Jack McBrayer.

by Anonymousreply 98June 27, 2021 1:01 PM

He and Jack are actually friends, strangely enough. They shot a series of web videos for Greenpeace. If you watch them, you will see Alex is neither clever nor funny enough to be gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2016 5:23 AM

Two words: Ellen Page.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2016 5:28 AM

He looks like a flaming queen to me but I guess his PR manager is awesome

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2016 5:38 AM

Yeah, after Ellen Page I wondered as well. And, R1, Swedish gays are as glum as their het brothers.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2016 5:38 AM

You're not the only one, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2016 6:54 AM

He was a Ted Casblanca blind item, if I remember correctly. He used to troll some LA trail/park trolling for guys. Though, it's Ted so it needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Whatever happened to Ted?

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2016 7:00 AM

Who wouldn't wonder about a man who had a long-term relationship with Ellen Page?

Dunno if he's gay, an old rumor suggested he's a pig who'll fuck anything with a hole. If so, me next!

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2016 8:56 AM

I've read somewhere (probably here) that a lot of those "gay/bi/will fuck anything" blinds were planted by Stephen Moyer's team in order to secure Moyer's influence on the set. Something about making Skarsgård and his character less popular with the lady fans?

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2016 9:04 AM

r8 Yes, happens all the time in PR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2016 9:17 AM

Moyer secured his place on the set when he married Paquin.

His character would have been gone after 2 seasons had he not.

I kept expecting him to leave her.

BTW I saw a DVD for that new Roots and I was shocked Paquin wasn't even on the box. Wow. Hollywood moves fast. from series star to not even in the box!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2016 9:23 AM

Not gay, maybe bi. Is known to fuck a lot of younger girls in Sweden, like 18 yo:s he picks up at clubs.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2016 9:28 AM

I'm with R11. I'm sure that he is at least bi, but not sure whether he's full-on gay.

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2016 9:35 AM

"From series star to not even in the box!!!!"

I needlepaint this on pillow for husband next time he tries to climb on top of me after election.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2016 9:42 AM

Just dropped by to add that the Ellen Paige charade makes me think he's gay.

They were supposed to be so in love and when she came out in the middle of their "romance", he got played. That closet door cracked open a bit.

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2016 11:21 AM

Bro just being Bro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2016 11:36 AM

That video is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2016 11:40 AM

This is the datalounge, OP. You could post 'Am I the only person who kind of thinks Donald Trump is gay?' and you'd get a couple of takers.

by Anonymousreply 17September 4, 2016 11:49 AM

I hope he's not gay. It's difficult to fake enthusiasm for these mediocrities when they come out. Stick with pussy please, Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2016 11:56 AM

Because his neighbor is Jack McBrayer, he must be gay?

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2016 11:58 AM

[quote]Trying to find the logic

Sorry. We don't do that here.

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2016 12:01 PM

He'S gay. It's obvious. Hiddleston too of course.

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2016 1:27 PM

Has that queen McBrayer ever commented on his own sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2016 1:45 PM

[quote]Am I the only person who kind of thinks Alexander Skarsgård is gay?

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really REALLY hope with every fiber of my empty being that Alexander Sarsgard is gay, because that would give my empty life some meaning.

There. Fixed that for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2016 1:47 PM

R23 Haha. I don't mind laughing at myself.

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2016 2:50 PM

Straight trolls have invaded this thread.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2016 3:08 PM

He is horsehung.

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2016 3:12 PM

I am a gay man with a huge crush on Alexander Skarsgård and I would absolutely love it if he was gay, not that I would ever have a chance with him, but at least it would be possible, I could dream. I just don't think he is gay, I don't think he would have a problem with being gay. Gay closeted actors seem to shy away from playing gay roles. The scenes he has played with other men it would have been impossible not get a huge boner which would pretty much out him.

by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2016 3:13 PM

[quote] He is horsehung.

I wish that was true R26 but unless he is a huge grower, not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2016 3:16 PM

Alexander is best friends with Ellen Page, but that doesn't mean he's guilty by association. I don't think he's one of our gays, but it would be a nice fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 29September 4, 2016 3:27 PM

[quote]Straight trolls have invaded this thread.

You can always tell just when the fangirls found a thread. You get a slew of "Gays think everyone (cute) is gay" posts.

[quote]Alexander is best friends with Ellen Page, but that doesn't mean he's guilty by association.

No, he pretended to be in a romantic relationship with a lesbian. And being gay is not something you're guilty of. Fuck off, Frau.

by Anonymousreply 30September 4, 2016 3:32 PM

Stephen Moyer is the gay one

by Anonymousreply 31September 4, 2016 3:35 PM

I'm not sure that he pretended to be romantically involved with Paige. I do know for a fact that they were/are best friends and have always been very affectionate with each other. From what I understand, those two were never together and he always knew she was a lez. Also, I too have heard that he likes women. He's just very discreet about being a huge whore. Allegedly, he sowed his oats quite a bit with the local ladies in Louisiana, while filming TB.

by Anonymousreply 32September 4, 2016 3:52 PM

R25 SMH. It happens every time.

by Anonymousreply 33September 4, 2016 3:57 PM

[R32] Uh they only filmed the pilot episode of True Blood in Louisiana. Every other single episode was shot in LA. Like if ya idiots are going to post fake stuff at least get the bare bones details right?

He also never "pretended" to be in a relationship with Ellen, they were just friends. FFS they went to hockey games together.

by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2016 4:12 PM

R27 I think he is at least bi. There are even a few comments on sites like Queerty that he has one night stands with men occasionally. I suppose that happens when he's bored with women. I think of him as more gay because of his history and reading interviews. He seems a bit like he wishes society was more excepting of it. Especially the interview where he talks about his gay uncle and gay godfather. He talks about seeing gay kids at school get bullied and how it made him feel about it.

I think there are two groups of these kinds of closeted me. The one groups does gay stuff (see True Boood) and then, in interviews, they make it seem normalized, under the persona of a straight guy. The other types tend to make gay independent films. I think its easier to believe closeted gay actors don't want to be associated with a gay role for fear of being found out. It's simply not the case. He and Christoph Waltz were said to have been disappointed with the gay Tarzan kiss being edited out of the film. I don't believe that is completely true but if it is true then that makes me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 35September 4, 2016 4:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 4, 2016 4:26 PM

I don't think the Swedes get very worked up about gay or straight : he's probably a "yeah, whatever" kind of a guy.

by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2016 4:29 PM

[quote]Am I the only person

Is there any phrase more annoying in the English language?

Yes, you are such a special snowflake and the ONLY ONE OP.

No, of course fucking not, you are never the only person.

by Anonymousreply 38September 4, 2016 4:46 PM

R32 He didn't need to pretend. It is not about what he pretended but what he allowed the media to think. I honestly get a similar vibe from Alexa Chung. That they are a fag/hag friendship. The same way he and Ellen Page seemed. But the same can be said of Hiddleston. Why would a "straight dude" need to pretend? Can't the paparazzi just get a walk of shame shot from some girl. I don't understand the persistent question of celebs wanting privacy. Everyone wants that! It's however strange to say these men want privacy because they are rarely seen with women. Or when they are it seems like promotion for a film they are both in.

by Anonymousreply 39September 4, 2016 4:57 PM

R38 I often feel like the only one. Especially as a gay male. I love Datalounge for giving me a place to discuss these ramblings I have. I still feel silly for asking. It's just my way of being self deprecating. Thanks for the comment. Every comment is appreciated. Even from pedantic contrarians such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 40September 4, 2016 5:03 PM

Nicky Lagatos: Remember what Hitler said: "You tell a lie long enough and loud enough, eventually they'll believe it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2016 1:22 AM

R38/OP, I do think that straight people beard (or "showmance") in modern Hollywood.

Publicists know that being part of a power couple or even a B-list couple can greatly increase a person's media profile, so they do try to make sure their clients are paired up with fellow celebrities, by arrangement if need be. They're particularly keen to make arrangements if their client has references that aren't good for their image - the same-sex, or much younger, or married, or great numbers, sum/Dom, feeder/gainer, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 42September 5, 2016 3:29 AM

I'm not sure if he's gay but he was definitely a beard for Ellen Page.

by Anonymousreply 43September 5, 2016 3:30 AM

Does he have the same agent or manager as Ellen Page?

by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2016 3:32 AM

His "relationship" with Ellen Page was one of the weirdest and most obvious beardings in a while.

by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2016 3:39 AM

I think Alexa Chung is gay too (looking back, Alex Turner - her ex - strikes me as gay)

by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2016 4:08 AM

So, who bearded who? Alexander or Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2016 5:33 AM

[quote] His "relationship" with Ellen Page was one of the weirdest and most obvious beardings in a while.

It was definitely weird, and I truly believe it was the straw that broke the camel's back and made Page finally come out. Some of the things she said around the time made me think that disgust at playing along with that situation was a big motivator.

I remember the director of the film they did together posting photos of them on social media, saying how cute they were or whatever, with the implication of course that they were a cute COUPLE. It wasn't as in-your-face as some other merkining, but for sure it was used as a promo tool for the movie, which flopped anyway..

by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2016 7:36 AM

[quote] Also, I too have heard that he likes women. He's just very discreet about being a huge whore. Allegedly, he sowed his oats quite a bit with the local ladies in Louisiana, while filming TB.

[quote]Uh they only filmed the pilot episode of True Blood in Louisiana. Every other single episode was shot in LA. Like if ya idiots are going to post fake stuff at least get the bare bones details right?

But that's not true! THAT"S NOT TRUE! I read that on iVillage! You don't know what your talking about! And what would you know about straight men any way?

by Anonymousreply 49September 5, 2016 1:15 PM

[quote]feeder/gainer

Really, R42? Rot in iVillage, you fucking frau.

by Anonymousreply 50September 5, 2016 1:19 PM

Agree with R37. AS is Scandinavian and comes from a very boho family. I think he fucks whoever he feels like on either side.

by Anonymousreply 51September 5, 2016 1:32 PM

[quote]Straight trolls have invaded this thread.

[quote]You can always tell just when the fangirls found a thread. You get a slew of "Gays think everyone (cute) is gay" posts.

You can always tell when old and desperate queens start threads because the subject is always about a really hot straight guy being gay despite evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 52September 5, 2016 1:38 PM

[quote]I don't think the Swedes get very worked up about gay or straight : he's probably a "yeah, whatever" kind of a guy.

People seem to overestimate the amount of gay and bi men in Sweden. I just looked up some statistics at RFSU (the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education) and this came up:

"Just over 10 per cent of the respondents have fantasized sexually about people of the same sex. 7 per cent could imagine themselves becoming sexually stimulated by people of the same sex."

by Anonymousreply 53September 5, 2016 1:53 PM

R52 I am not old, not a queen, and certainly not desperate. What's most surprising is that you think Datalounge is not the appropriate place to be any of those things. Or why you are reading my thread here in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 54September 5, 2016 9:27 PM

I just love that OP included the diacritic.

by Anonymousreply 55September 5, 2016 10:26 PM

Op, don't listen to r52. We are free to discuss the sexuality of others. People forget to remember that Alexander considers Ellen Paige his closest friend. So, Alexander is obviously open and very excepting of other people's proclivities.

by Anonymousreply 56September 5, 2016 10:36 PM

R52, what "evidence to the contrary"? What evidence do you have that he's straight?

Obviously the odds are in favor of him being straight, but funny, here's 50-odd about him and there just isn't much in the way of straight gossip.

by Anonymousreply 57September 6, 2016 6:57 AM

Op was simply too lazy to type the name so he copy/pasted, R55.

by Anonymousreply 58September 6, 2016 7:05 AM

R58 I suppose correct use of accents is not important to some people. Press and hold vowel keys on an iPad to view accents. I don't need to copy/paste.

by Anonymousreply 59September 6, 2016 4:25 PM

PMSL at all these oh he's European/Swedish he fucks anything posts. He's gay. He and Ellen were beards for each other.

by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2016 6:24 PM

No shit, r60? My gawd!

by Anonymousreply 61September 6, 2016 6:29 PM

R19 Haha. That's a whole other thread unto itself. Obviously you never heard about McBrayer. Do you know this is Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2016 12:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2020 2:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2020 2:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2020 2:27 PM

He’s the hottest celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2020 2:49 PM

No, no you are not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2020 3:01 PM

No OP. On DL- ALL celebs are gay.

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2020 3:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2020 4:53 PM

A male friend of mine fucked him in NYC in the late 90s. He said it was really good.

by Anonymousreply 70January 26, 2020 5:05 PM

Was he a top or bottom R70?

by Anonymousreply 71January 26, 2020 5:26 PM

Is he the actor who played the abusive husband in Little Big Lies? If so I wondered about him too. He is a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 72January 26, 2020 5:34 PM

Versatile.

by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2020 5:40 PM

I'd rather have this Skarsgård.

I don't know if he's clownsexual 🤡 but I know he's hot under all that makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Their father Stellan Skarsgård isn't bad looking at 68-years old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 26, 2020 6:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 4, 2020 12:21 AM

He strikes me as quite obviously gay. There is something about his mannerisms and the way he carries himself in interviews that sets off my gaydar. The fact that he's never had a real public girlfriend is also suspect, especially given how good-looking he is.

by Anonymousreply 77February 4, 2020 12:24 AM

It’s not just his mannerisms R77. It’s who he hangs out with. Derek Blasberg, Taron Egerton, Michael Stipe, Alan Cumming. All gay men. I would hate to stereotype someone simply for being a bit showey or camp(really feminine) but he’s just got that certain vibe. It’s like he’s hiding something. I get the same vibe form certain celebrity people like Taylor Swift or Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 78February 4, 2020 12:31 AM

Wow. I didn't bother reading this thread since it is from 2016, BUT I just started noticing the whole "Stellan and Jack" relationship thing, on my own. I had no idea this dated back to 2016! I just noticed that they are often together and Stellan and Jack were seated next to each other at the Golden Globes! Me thinks this was a DATE!!! This also means that they've been together for a long long time! Interesting. Odd couple, but interesting.

by Anonymousreply 79February 4, 2020 12:32 AM

^ oops I meant Alexander, not Stellan. There's too many in that family! Eeesh!

by Anonymousreply 80February 4, 2020 12:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 4, 2020 1:27 AM

I posted years ago that I had sex with him before he hit it big on True Blood. It was NYC and he was living in midtown Manhattan. He bottomed and enjoyed it. He was very closeted for his career but he definitely was into gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 82February 4, 2020 1:58 AM

So he’s a bottom R82. That makes sense. He has a very feminine energy. No offense to the bottoms; I’m a bottom. It’s always the butch queens and tall guys that are not what we expect.

by Anonymousreply 83February 4, 2020 2:48 PM

I know it’s an older blog R79 but some people were complaining in newer threads. Bitchy queens. There are two dedicated “Alex Skarsgård is gay” threads but much harder to find. Even searching on DL I couldn’t find them so I searched Google. His publicist are hard at work.

by Anonymousreply 84February 4, 2020 2:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 4, 2020 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 13, 2020 8:57 PM

I'm sorry, but if Alex is gay that's great for us. Seriously, because not only is the dude beautiful, but he's a damn good actor as evinced in Big Little Lies. He was stunning, and had such presence... a natural gravitas that surprised me, but not his Emmy win, which seemed inevitable at the time.

I saw that kiss with Jack at the Globes and assumed he was just dicking around, but it seems like he's playfully dog whistling.

I'm all about it, and it makes me love the Skarsgårds even more!

by Anonymousreply 87February 13, 2020 9:03 PM

"The fact that he's never had a real public girlfriend is also suspect"

His relationships with Kate Bosworth and Alexa Chung are well documented though and lasted several years.

by Anonymousreply 88February 13, 2020 9:22 PM

Perhaps he swings both ways. (Hope springs eternal!)

by Anonymousreply 89February 13, 2020 9:58 PM

He has no reason to bait. He's garnered enough attention, both gay and straight, through True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 90February 13, 2020 10:16 PM

For what it’s worth I’m 100% certain he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 91February 13, 2020 11:12 PM

Looking like a Nordic God, 45 years old, still unmarried and childless, probably not even dating anyone (at least any women, that we know of)? What more do you even need?

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2021 9:54 AM

Are you R91? Why? For the reasons at R92?

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2021 10:49 AM

He's so freakin hot. I would like him to rape me as in Straw Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2021 11:48 AM

And, R93, he’s left handed

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2021 12:29 PM

Oh I see R95!

by Anonymousreply 96June 27, 2021 12:44 PM

Looks fine to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 27, 2021 12:57 PM

R97 See? Somebody tell him I would marry him STAT

by Anonymousreply 98June 27, 2021 1:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!