Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LION w/ Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, Rooney Mara looks like it might be good

Just saw the trailer. Had never heard the apparently true story it's based upon, this guy named Saroo Brierley, who got separated from his mother in India when he was a little kid and 25 years later goes back to India (from his new home of Australia) to try to find her. Directed by the guy behind the Top of the Lake series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2018 6:55 PM

Kidman is the shittiest actor of all time.

Everything she touches turns to garbage.

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2016 6:34 AM

Dev looks good with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2016 6:40 AM

Nah, she was great in Birth, Eyes Wide Shut, To Die For, Rabbit Hole, Dogville.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2016 6:42 AM

And she sucked balls in all of them, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Dev isn't the greatest of actors either. Lots of blank and or dead eye expression. He is the kind of go to guy if you want a subcontinental guy. He's the equivalent of the 'we need an older black guy, what's Morgan up to?' thing.

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2016 7:01 AM

I thought the "guy" behind the Top of the Lake series was Jane Campion.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2016 9:24 AM

Whatta guy

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2016 9:27 AM

I just watched this on Netflix - bawled my eyes out at the end.

I was surprised to find only one thread for this film - with only 7 replies?

Dev Patel was hot in this. I always thought that beautiful actress from Slumdog could do better than him...until now. Are they still together?

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2018 5:38 PM

He looks slightly cross-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2018 6:00 PM

it's a good movie and the last five minutes are fantastic. To say why would give too much away.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2018 6:01 PM

I don't think Nicole Kidman would be right for a role like this. She simply cannot convincingly project any warmth or empathy. She's just too cold, like an upscale version of January Jones.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2018 6:15 PM

I felt bad for the real life adopted brother...the film didn’t shy away from depicting his mental issues. Also, it had to hurt that they got a troll looking actor to portray him as an adult (whereas looking at actual photos of both brothers he is actually better looking than the one played by Dev Patel).

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2018 6:24 PM

Looks like Dev Patel downgraded from the lovely Frieda Pintobean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2018 6:31 PM

Dev is super hot. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2018 6:35 PM

r13 What a normie she is.

r14 Only connect... my cock and Dev's hole.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2018 6:48 PM

Excellent movie.... Heartbreaking

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2018 6:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!