Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Cattrall turns 60 today

Happy birthday, you fabulous old cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2018 4:23 AM

WHO???

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2016 3:43 PM

It's nice to see women who peak in their 40s. She definitely became more interesting as a woman of a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2016 3:45 PM

How nice that someone dug this thread up from 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2016 3:48 PM

You mean someone dug this up at least 10 years ago. If she's 60 , then Zsa Zsa is sixty.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2016 3:50 PM

I love Porky's and Star Trek 6.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2016 3:54 PM

[quote]Kim Cattrall turns 60 today

Again?

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2016 3:57 PM

she did one episode of that docuserie Who do you think you are (maybe it was the UK version), she was sweet and beautiful in it, and totally different form the Samantha character. Lovely woman.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2016 3:59 PM

Oh bullshit, she's 67 if she's a day.

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2016 4:43 PM

That's a gorgeous picture of her.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2016 4:47 PM

I remember her from a Charlie's Angels episode from 1978, and she looked late 20s/early 30s. Hard to believe she's just now turning 60.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2016 4:48 PM

Kim is from England and we all know how poorly English people tend to age.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2016 4:56 PM

R11 She's from Canada.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2016 5:01 PM

R12 She was born in Liverpool, you wanker!

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2016 5:05 PM

The other night I watched her host a PBS program on Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra. I couldn't help but feel she was doing herself a bit of a disservice by drawing comparisons of her performances to those of Janet Suzman and Vanessa Redgrave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2016 5:16 PM

She is very talented. Maybe not a top notch actress. but still good. The trajectory of her career is interesting, from shallow love interests and sex objects in the 80s to classical actres now!

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2016 5:52 PM

I'm surprised to hear she was born in England because her attempt at British accent in The Ghost Writer was absolutely horrible.

But I do like Kim. Her talents are limited but she knew how to use them to build herself quite a career. And she gets extra points for being one of the few people who ever dared to stand up to that transvestite donkey witch SJP. And as shallow as her character was on Sex & the City, Kim is still the only reason I occasionally watch a rerun of old episodes.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2016 6:04 PM

[quote]And she gets extra points for being one of the few people who ever dared to stand up to that transvestite donkey witch SJP.

This made me laugh and I like SJP.

I do think that SJP let SATC go to her head. And I like that Kim had no problem keeping her in check. Kim is a limited actress, but she MADE that show for me.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2016 8:47 PM

When did samantha ever stand up to Carrie? she spent the series blowing smoke up her ass. It was Miranda that called her out in the clothes shop, which was great! 'Everytime you get near Big you turn into this pathetic needy person....and the thing that really pisses me off is that you are more than willing to go back for more'

by Anonymousreply 18August 22, 2016 4:51 PM

Her twin, Theresa Russell, is 59. I've used to confuse these two back in the day when Russell was still famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 22, 2016 5:05 PM

[quote]When did samantha ever stand up to Carrie?

I wasn't talking about their characters. Kim, the actress, stood up to SJP, the actress, and said, "I'm not doing the shitty movie unless I get paid the same as you."

by Anonymousreply 20August 22, 2016 5:14 PM

SJP should be eternally grateful to Kim as she did the most explicit/outrageous scenes during the show's 6 seasons, which is what drew viewers in. Whereas SJP herself couldn't be bothered to flash a tit.

by Anonymousreply 21August 22, 2016 5:23 PM

[quote]Whereas SJP herself couldn't be bothered to flash a tit.

Trust me-- you didn't miss anything.

by Anonymousreply 22August 22, 2016 5:26 PM

SJP has a "NO NUDITY" clause in her contract.

Most times, this is done at the request of the actor; this time, it was done at the request of the audience.

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2016 5:29 PM

Remember the episode where Samantha was thinking of getting a boob job and said she wanted ones just like Carrie's? That must have been a difficult scene to shoot for Kim.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2016 5:30 PM

[quote]Remember the episode where Samantha was thinking of getting a boob job and said she wanted ones just like Carrie's?

I wonder if SATC was like Cybill. Alan Ball said that the writers were REQUIRED to pander to Cybill Shepherd's vanity ever episode and have Mary Ann tell Cybill how great a person she was, how everyone liked her and that she wished she could sing as well as Cybill. You know Christine choked on that that last one.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2016 5:35 PM

I ❤️ all 4 of those girls! Even if Scarlett was a little LOCHTE in the head! But, Whatever!

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2016 5:42 PM

^^ Who the hell is Scarlett?

R23 made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2016 5:47 PM

^ Sorry, haven't seen it in 10 yrs.! "Charlotte & I are both LOCHTES!!

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Charlotte lied about being held up at gun point and abandoned the other girls in a foreign country?

Did this happen in the awful S&TC2 movie? I couldn't get past the Liza cameo.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2016 6:05 PM

R19 When the fuck was Russell ever famous? When she did Whore?! Bad Timing with Art Garfunkel? She has always been a cult actress.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2016 6:07 PM

r30 Okay, well-known. How's that? FFS.

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2016 6:09 PM

[quote]She has always been a cult actress

She has always been a CUNT actress

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2016 6:10 PM

SJP did ugly women everywhere a great service. She made all ugly women believe that they too, could marry a handsome man (Chris Noth). Many did. Jennifer Aniston did ugly women the same service by marrying Pitt in real life.

by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2016 6:24 PM

r30 And "Black Widow" was a big box office hit back in 1987 before Cattrall had even given her first blowjob to a studio executive.

by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2016 6:27 PM

R20 so they hate the movies too? of course, it's all publicising crap when they gush about how good the latest one is.

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2016 6:29 PM

Teresa Russell was the poor man's ME.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2016 6:32 PM

R10 - her roles in 70s' series were pretty much as eye candy. They don't hire "late 20s early 30s" actresses for that. Period.

I believe she's 60. Her first role was in 1975, which would put her at 19 when it came out. After all, who ever heard of an 18 year old attractive woman being cast in a 70s B-movie? (Sarcasm fully intended).

And SJP did a smoochy Instagram for Kim's bday.

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2016 7:00 PM

[quote]And SJP did a smoochy Instagram for Kim's bday.

I like to passive-aggressively remind everyone who OLD that bitch is!

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2016 7:23 PM

Sex and the City really doesn't hold up well. It didn't end THAT long ago, but it just seems like totally bygone era of NYC life. That and other shows of a distinct time and place (e.g. Seinfeld) just don't hold up very well. Then there are shows like I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, and Golden Girls, which are just timeless to me. Cheers baffles me. This is one show you'd expect to be timeless, but it just seems so dated. Sorry to go off track.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2016 2:01 AM

Kim and Sarah Jessica reunited to celebrate the old broad's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2016 11:42 AM

Why do you guys make fun of SJP. Yes, her face is a bit horsey, but she has a banging body, and most straight guys would shoot their mother to able to unleash a load in her. You gay guys just don't "get" straight men.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2016 6:49 PM

R41, what straight man EVER told you that they would shoot their mother in order to hook up with SJP? Are you fucking kidding??? You must be, because not once, have I heard a straight man say this. I did, however, hear a group of straight men once say that they would consider fucking SJP, if she had a bag over her face, and that was back when SATC was still on HBO every Sunday night. Straight men think that Selena Gomez, or Arrianna Grande are beautiful. Back during the SATC days, it was Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Lopez. Also, the only women straight men thought were worth their time on SATC, were Kristen Davis, and Kim Catrall. That being said, straight women LOVED SJP. They loved everything about her. That was the important demographic that needed to get hooked, in order for SATC to be a success, and SJP did a beyond excellent job in facilitating that. I've made fun of SJP just be be an asshole at times, but I personally loved SATC, and I loved her in it. I do not truly find SJP to be unattractive, but I know straight men never considered her a sex symbol.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2016 10:31 PM

Did straight men want to bang Cynthia Nixon? She was pretty good looking near the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2016 1:25 AM

Straight men don't fantasise about plain 51 year olds, R41.

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2016 1:34 AM

Oh Carrie, you're so beautiful!!!

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2016 1:40 AM

That is a gorgeous picture of Kim. Catrall made that show watchable. Nobody gay or straight, didn't think Kimmy not hot enough to pull off the most sex and the city.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2016 2:27 AM

R34 Big fail on your part. One so-called hit doesn't make one a star. Oh and Kim Cattrall was in Mannequin(she got second billing) which came out in 1987 and made 42.7 million at the box office. Black Widow only made 25.21 million at the box office. Please do your homework before you talk about hits and blow jobs......

by Anonymousreply 47August 24, 2016 2:32 AM

R41 SJP wasn't that ugly when she was younger but God did she age terribly. By the time she did SATC was was Empress Horseface.

by Anonymousreply 48August 24, 2016 2:51 AM

R48, she was cute when she dated RDJ, and when she dated JFK. By the time she did SATC, she was much too thin. Many women are obsessed with being ultra skinny. They don't seem to understand that being very thin ages you, and is very difficult to pull off as we age. The time to be rail thin is when we are teens and early twenties, after that, we all need our faces to carry a little bit of baby fat to soften our looks, male or female.

by Anonymousreply 49August 24, 2016 11:03 AM

Kim really made Sex and the City great. I will always have a soft spot for the show, as it reminds me of my early 20s when i started going out on the scene. I recall one guy I hooked up with in about 2000 or so, we went to his and talked about how good SATC was, this was when it was all quite new and fresh. Funny how attitudes change. I always felt the girls sexual exploits mirrored my own escapades. I also agree that there was a storngly gay sensiblity to the show, which I also responded to.

by Anonymousreply 50August 24, 2016 2:11 PM

Wow, it seems like just a few years ago she was pretending to turn 50. Wait a minute, it was just a few years ago!

by Anonymousreply 51August 24, 2016 2:15 PM

R51 is showing his age, not hers!

I think the thing that dates the show is the clown costumes clown Patricia Fields made Carrie wear.

by Anonymousreply 52August 24, 2016 2:23 PM

What is everyones favorite Samantha Jones moment? Mine's the one where she meets Mr huge dick and cannot take it. It was so funny. 'I'm Goldicocks and I'm looking for one that is just right'

by Anonymousreply 53August 24, 2016 2:25 PM

SJP is 51 and looks like dog shit. She should just do Halloween parties from now on because that ugly bitch has a hard road ahead of her. Imagine her at 60 +?!????

by Anonymousreply 54August 24, 2016 2:38 PM

OK yes SATC is dated in many ways, but Kim created something iconic with Samantha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Her character on SATC is very entertaining -- it's a shame she has basically shamed the character in things she's said about her.

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2016 2:56 PM

R55 Whoever edited that video needs to never touch video editing software again.

by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2016 3:31 PM

Lol, r57! True.

by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2016 3:48 PM

It's been a few years since SJP's birth certificate showed that she was 51. She should be mighty glad that she's aging in this photoshop era. Hopefully, she banked the money made off her media-created days as a sex symbol. Looks like those are now long gone.

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2016 4:17 PM

I seem to remember hearing stories that she got in trouble for sneaking onto the Star Trek 6 set to have nude photos taken. Was this true and, if so, have the pics ever been released?

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2016 4:25 PM

In reality Samantha's friends would have been concerend for her, because in many ways she was putting herself at risk. She was basically a sex addict, not just horny, but a compulsive sex addict. It was very funny in the show, but as the series went on it became annoying how that was all there was to the character, and the ease with which she got men was too unrealistic. Like 'wana fuck me' then she's in bed with him. I think Samantha was a gay man in disguise as a woman, she was what Mhicael Patrick King and Darren Starr fantasised about being. But that said I have never met a gay man quite as slutty either so!

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2016 5:50 PM

Joey, are you shure it'sh me playing in jhat shad exshcuje of a movie? It'sh not Ellen's tranjveshtite friend? Oh my Godsh, I'm gonna need a few more ocshycodonesh.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2016 9:09 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 63March 31, 2018 2:06 AM

Loved her in "Black Widow" err no, that was Theresa Russell.

by Anonymousreply 64March 31, 2018 2:28 AM

Straight men voted SJP the unsexiest woman in the world in Maxim magazine. Also, another magazine said she looked like a witch and she was so "overwrought" she had to go to the hospital for heart palpitations, so no, straight men do not find her remotely attractive. Ugly straight women love her because they think they too, will be considered beautiful if they spend enough money on their apppearance. It's like gay men who have perfect bodies but are still ugly.

by Anonymousreply 65March 31, 2018 7:01 AM

SJP loses here shit over some comment she saw stating she has witch hands. She said she went dizzy and had to be hospitalized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 31, 2018 7:54 AM

I’m watching Swedish series called Modus where she plays POTUS. Good series.

by Anonymousreply 67March 31, 2018 9:48 AM

R66 on another SJP thread here on DL, someone posted an audio of SJP actually calling in to a radio show to scold the DJs because they were making fun of her looks. She sure is thin-skinned, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2018 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!