Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New interview with "preppy killer" Robert Chambers tonight.

"48 Hours" will air a new interview with the preppy killer Robert Chambers tonight at 10 eastern time on CBS. He was looking rough around the edges the last time we saw him when he was busted for selling drugs out of his NYC apartment several years back. I know he went back to prison, but I'm not sure if this is a jailhouse interview or if he served his time and is now free...again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2018 2:03 AM

Thanks, OP. Will be watching.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2016 11:55 PM

Poor Jennifer Levin. Such a stupid girl. Taken in by the looks and the D.

Apparently even back then, their crowd knew he was a climber who was using drugs and robbing other people's houses for drug money.

They believed she caught him trying to steal from her that night in the park.

He was trash then and he's still trash.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2016 12:09 AM

A true and textbook sociopath. He loves the spotlight. I remember the interview he gave upon his release for the brutal "accidental" murder of Levin. He has an interesting and spooky affect, interesting speech pattern and a blue collar accent.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2016 12:09 AM

It's probably common knowledge here, but I was surprised when I found out Alex Kapp Horner, who played one of the mean moms on New Adventures of Old Christine, had dated Chambers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2016 12:16 AM

Why hasn't he been gassed?

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2016 12:36 AM

Why? What the fuck do we need to hear from him at this point?

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2016 12:41 AM

I used to live in the building where he was arrested for the last time!

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2016 12:43 AM

Where was it, R7?

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2016 12:51 AM

He looks like Michael Stipe in OP's picture

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2016 12:53 AM

No offence OP, but what more do we need to know about psycho-douche killer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2016 12:59 AM

Chambers turns fifty this year. Thirty years ago since he killed Levin

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2016 1:19 AM

He's lived a charmed life. If he had been black and poor he'd have spent the last three decades in a cell.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2016 1:21 AM

Is the mom who scrimped and saved to put him in prep school still alive?

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2016 1:25 AM

57th Street, r8. I used to see him in the elevator. He dealt drugs from his apartment and on the street in front of the place. The thing with the girlfriend was sad. He moved in with one of the girls from the head twisting video after her mom died. The girl was hopelessly in love with him and waited for him to, get out of jail. She ended up an addict and lost the apartment. The people who ran the building and the board hated him.

He was graying but he was gorgeous. Tv doesn't do him justice. He could have been a model. He has the most piercing blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2016 1:31 AM

He always reminded me of Jon Hensley (ATWT).

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2016 1:39 AM

My mother worked on his muder trail as the court stenographer. She had to talk to him face to face concering his court transcript. She said he was very good looking and tall and better looking in person. Came across as not obviously evil according to her. His mother was the one who had very high aspiratiins for him academically and socialy but he was not really made for it. Not blaming the mother for the way he turned out i am just repeating what i know.The school thar Jennifer Levin went to was accoss the street from where i grew up it was known at the time as a school for kids who had money but couldnt get into any better private highschools.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2016 1:51 AM

Thanks for that R16!

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2016 1:54 AM

Sorry for my terrible spelling i am not wearing my glasses r17

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2016 1:57 AM

Why did they call it "The Preppie Murder." He WASN'T a "preppie." Neither was Jennifer Levin. Chamber's poor mother was trying to provide for him and give him a good education and a decent life, but he was a thief and a druggie. Jennifer Levin was described by one astute observer as a "frenetic party girl." She was attracted to him and had a sexual encounter with him; he wasn't much interested in having an ongoing thing with her so, in hopes of getting him to fuck her again, told him "you were the best sex I ever had." He didn't much like her aggression. Who knows what happened between them in the park? He told police that she tried to force herself on him and that he resisted and she accidentally got killed. The jury was actually on the verge of acquitting him before he copped a plea. He hasn't changed much despite all the years in prison. He is, and always was, a scummy person, albeit one with good looks.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2016 1:57 AM

Watching it now and he's kind of sexy in a creepy way. I can see how someone would be easily charmed by him.

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2016 2:19 AM

Is this a re-airing on an old interview?

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2016 2:20 AM

Yikes, what about the words "new interview" don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2016 2:23 AM

Sort of, R21. They are supposed to air an update following the interview. The guy I lived with at the time textd me that the party video was in my old building and was the apartment of the girl he moved in with.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2016 2:23 AM

R22, this is not a "new" interview. He in no way looked that young when he was arrested again a few years ago and I can't imagine him getting younger looking in jail.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2016 2:26 AM

Oh stuff it, R22. So far it's just been the old interview.

Thanks, R23.

by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2016 2:26 AM

Is the reporter/interviewer wearing 1980s clothes to invoke the night of the murder?

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2016 2:29 AM

The Chambers case was also about the Catholic church stepping in and discounting the Jewish sex fiend girl

Seeing him again reminds me of life in the city in the 80's

That and Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2016 2:42 AM

Ryan Lochte is crying and begging forgiveness on NBC, men's platform diving finals are on and y'all are watching a 15 year old interview about a 30 year old crime? Exact same show as what was posted at R10.

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2016 2:54 AM

He was so hot back in the day!!

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2016 3:01 AM

Sorry but he is STILL hot. IFHH and ILHFMH.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2016 3:15 AM

The cable TV guide lied to me, said it was a new interview from 2016. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2016 3:15 AM

He's been a train wreck for well over 30 years. Charming looks, drugs, and a sociopathic personality, are a deadly combination. There has been plenty like him.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2016 3:22 AM

I wonder what it must be like to be so handsome. Does the world just roll over for you?

by Anonymousreply 33August 21, 2016 3:28 AM

Yes^

by Anonymousreply 34August 21, 2016 3:29 AM

Was he a whore in prison? How'd he get the money to be an addict on the inside?

by Anonymousreply 35August 21, 2016 3:32 AM

[quote]I wonder what it must be like to be so handsome. Does the world just roll over for you?

Why, sure, if spending most of your adult life in prison is your idea of what happens when the world just rolls over for you.

by Anonymousreply 36August 21, 2016 4:05 AM

His teeth are looking pretty mossy in the top photo.

And WTF with this old fucking news masquerading as new. Anything to deflect and distract, I guess. Hey, CBS--how about a follow-up with Chambers's socio-bro, serial rapist Alex Kelly?

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2016 4:05 AM

P.O.S.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2016 4:33 AM

Well, that show was a lot of overhyped nothing, just rehashing same old.

by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2016 11:01 AM

A friend of mine used to work for " A Current Affair" and it's host, Maury Povitch, HATED Chambers. One day, he came in to the office with a bottle of champagne, popped it, and exclaimed "Robert Chambers got raped in prison!"

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2016 11:45 AM

Maury is very upstanding!

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2016 12:04 PM

I had forgotten that he's been back in prison.

by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2016 12:23 PM

[quote]Chambers turns fifty this year. Thirty years ago since he killed Levin

Damn.

[quote]Why did they call it "The Preppie Murder." He WASN'T a "preppie." Neither was Jennifer Levin.

Seriously? He was considered "Preppie" despite what we know now. Nobody cares that you know about is family's financial history, show off

[quote]Why, sure, if spending most of your adult life in prison is your idea of what happens when the world just rolls over for you.

Clearly, his question was beyond this incident.

by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2016 1:16 PM

After 15 years, does an interview become 'New' again?

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2016 2:24 PM

[quote]Clearly, his question was beyond this incident.

And what a brilliant question it was, here in a thread about a guy whose life clearly illustrates the limits of good looks.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2016 2:51 PM

Did he beat her to death with his chin?

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2016 2:58 PM

[quote]And what a brilliant question it was, here in a thread about a guy whose life clearly illustrates the limits of good looks.

Despite your bitchiness, it's an interesting question and would be applicable if the subject were just a sociopath. The whole murderer part is the disqualifier. But I think this is a common question when someone so good-looking commits this extreme of crime.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2016 3:20 PM

Well, he was let off easy for the murder, which was probably due to his looks. The jury was deadlocked at the murder trial so the prosecutor cut a deal to secure a conviction. So, yeah, the world rolled over for him in that instance. He will have spent more time in jail for the drug charges than he did for the murder.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2016 3:30 PM

Robert's hole is much looser now than when he entered the Joint.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2016 3:39 PM

Columbia Prep was also known for specific subset of kids like Levin, children whose parents had moved into Manhattan from the suburbs when they were in high school, so too late to get them into Dalton or Horace Mann.

It was called the "Preppy Murder" case because Chambers was always dressed in the preppy clothes his mother dressed him in and because it sold newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2016 3:51 PM

" He was considered "Preppie" despite what we know now.'

No, he wasn't. The press invented the whole "preppie" angle. His mother tried to get him into good schools, but it never worked because he was such a fuck up. He tried to LOOK like a "preppie" but he wasn't one.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2016 4:22 PM

"I wonder what it must be like to be so handsome"

Hes not that handsome. He looks fat and has crazy eyes. His voice is weird, robotic, and off-putting, too - not sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2016 4:27 PM

r52 = fish?

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2016 4:33 PM

Agree with R52, even for back then. Not everyone is into elongated heads, big pointed chins, puffy jowls, and emotionless eyes.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2016 4:40 PM

[quote]It was called the "Preppy Murder" case because Chambers was always dressed in the preppy clothes his mother dressed him in

Not really. It was because he went to prep school (though he always ended up flunking or getting kicked out), as did his victim and the other teens/young adults they hung out with at places like Dorrian's Red Hand.

[quote]and because it sold newspapers.

Yes, that part is true.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2016 4:42 PM

Well what did he say last night?

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2016 4:48 PM

I lived in NY when this happened. I am a former prep and gay. We all thought he was hideous - not handsome, not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2016 4:49 PM

R48 - a man getting more time for another crime rather than a murder? Hmmm...he's like a White OJ Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2016 4:51 PM

[quote]Despite your bitchiness, it's an interesting question

It's a silly question with an obvious answer. Of course life is easier, generally speaking, if you're attractive than if you're fug. And I'm sure Chambers got second chances that an ugly kid wouldn't have. But it's obvious, also, that good looks alone are not enough to guarantee a successful life or to make the whole world roll over and do your bidding, no matter what you do.

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2016 4:54 PM

I wonder if he has prognathism, that genetic deficiency that leads to a pointy chin.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2016 5:08 PM

Barron Trump goes to Columbia Prep, if that tells you anything.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2016 9:06 PM

I thought he was hot as shit back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2016 9:16 PM

I don't think either Chambers or Levin could really be called "preppies." He went to prep school, but he was just a loser fuck up; a real preppie would have had the eighties drive to succeed and make money, money, money. Levin didn't have much more interest in a prep school education than Chambers did. At the time of her death she was supposed to have been getting ready to go to a community college, probably due to lack of grades and ambition. Both Chambers and Levin were pretty messed up. She was a hot to trot dimwit tart and he was a compulsive thief and druggie. Bad news, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2016 11:07 PM

Kinda reminds me of Ray Liotta in R62

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2016 11:26 PM

You keep using that word, R63, I do not think it means what you think it means...

prep·py

ˈprepē/

USinformal

noun

noun:

a student or graduate of an expensive prep school or a person resembling such a student in dress or appearance.

adjective:

1. of or typical of a student or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their style of dress.

"the preppy look"

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2016 11:53 PM

"Both Chambers and Levin were pretty messed up. She was a hot to trot dimwit tart and he was a compulsive thief and druggie. Bad news, both of them."

Only one the datalounge would both these people be considered equally bad. All Levin ever did was have bad taste in men. Chambers is a murderer and a sociopath who has been in and out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 66August 22, 2016 12:01 AM

Seriously R66

And yes, R63, neither Chambers nor Levin were true Holden Caulfield/New England style "preppies"

Chambers was a blue-collar imposter and Levin was a Jewish American Princess from Long Island who did her last few years of high school at a Manhattan private school.

Happy?

by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2016 12:16 AM

R40 , where is info about him being raped ?

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2016 12:32 AM

In r40's (and Mary Povich's?) fevered imaginations, pehaps?

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2016 2:06 AM

First of all, she lived in Manahttan and was half Italian/half Jewish. I don't remember where she was going to school, but it wasn't a community college.

by Anonymousreply 70August 22, 2016 2:07 AM

[quote] Only one the datalounge would both these people be considered equally bad. All Levin ever did was have bad taste in men.

Seriously, only on DL would "she was headed for community college" be equated with "he was a chronic drug user and home burglar who strangled someone to death." And only here would someone un-ironically use the word "tart" to describe a woman. (And why did he use it? Because, at age 18, the woman in question had a drunken one-nighter with a hot, handsome dude she met in a bar, as though 99% of DLers never did or wished they could do the same.)

Chambers is a murderer and a sociopath who has been in and out of prison.

[quote]Chambers is a murderer and a sociopath who has been in and out of prison.

In fact, as an adult, mostly in. He served all 15 years of his original 5-to-15 sentence because of his many infractions in prison, was out for about 5 years, and has been back in on drug convictions since 2008.

by Anonymousreply 71August 22, 2016 2:08 AM

Regarding R40: Chambers was a pretty boy rapist and murderer. Rapists (along with child molesters and baby killers) are viewed as sub-human garbage by even the most hardened criminals... of *course* he probably got raped at some point in prison.

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2016 2:12 AM

Hmmm. He's a pretty big guy. And definitely gives off a creepy, Ted Bundy-esqe vibe with those eyes.

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2016 2:16 AM

Oh wait... was he just a killer? I thought for sure he was convicted of rape too. Pffft... oh well.

Pretty boy and killer = fresh meat in prison

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2016 2:17 AM

Jennifer Levin went to The Baldwin School. It was definitly not a prep school. It was known as a school for fuck ups who were not doing well enough to go to a better private school. My aunt lived acrross the street from it on 74th street. She was always complaining about the kids who went there.

by Anonymousreply 75August 22, 2016 2:20 AM

"Seriously, only on DL would "she was headed for community college" be equated with "he was a chronic drug user and home burglar who strangled someone to death." And only here would someone un-ironically use the word "tart" to describe a woman. (And why did he use it? Because, at age 18, the woman in question had a drunken one-nighter with a hot, handsome dude she met in a bar, as though 99% of DLers never did or wished they could do the same.)'

Oh, come on. Stop trying to make it seem like Jennifer Levin was just an ordinary, free-spirited young gal. She was headed for trouble; an underage bar-hopper (her favorite cocktail was something called a Bay Breeze; vodka, cranberry and pineapple juice), she wasn't much interested in anything but drinking, partying and screwing. In her own way she was as fucked up as Chambers. Strange how people like that tend to end up together, usually with disastrous results.

by Anonymousreply 76August 22, 2016 2:27 AM

She was excelling in her field while Monica Lewinsky and Chandra Levy were still in diapers.

by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2016 2:35 AM

Seriously, R76...who wasn't like that in the 80s? She acted perfectly normal for someone of her age and living in Manhattan during the mid-80s.

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2016 2:41 AM

Indeed, r78.

Like I said, 76—ONLY on Dl is "teenage party girl" the moral equivalent of "teenage psycho killer." Levin was no different from a zillion other kids who hung out at Dorrian's (or for that matter at the bars and parties of my own Midwestern hometown). She probably wasn't going to cure cancer or win the Nobel Peace Prize, but if she hadn't hooked up with the wrong guy, no doubt she'd be leading a perfectly ordinary, non-felonious life today.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2016 2:52 AM

RAY LIOTTA DOPPLEGANGER!!!

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2016 2:55 AM

She wanted to be a designer, r79. Nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 81August 22, 2016 2:57 AM

It would be kinda great if Robert Chambers and Pamela Smart struck up a prison-to-prison correspondence and then eventually got married, you know, through proxies.

by Anonymousreply 82August 22, 2016 3:02 AM

Yeah, Jennifer Levin wanted a career in "fashion." I seriously doubt that would have panned out, at the rate she was going.

by Anonymousreply 83August 22, 2016 3:02 AM

watch it here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 22, 2016 3:06 AM

Well, R83, I guess we will never know since she was murdered by a psycho. Are you jealous of a dead girl because she got to fuck the hot psycho who you seem to want badly or the fact that even in death she is more successful than you?

by Anonymousreply 85August 22, 2016 3:07 AM

R76 is the Bellagio Bitch.

She gets enraged about women being "sluts."

See the thread about the Italian girl killed in Howwid Beach.

Fuck off, troll.

by Anonymousreply 86August 22, 2016 3:08 AM

So, this is a 'new' interview? From 2003?

by Anonymousreply 87August 22, 2016 3:39 AM

CBS wanted to feature him when he was still relatively "fresh," to attract a better ratings demo.

by Anonymousreply 88August 22, 2016 3:49 AM

So they're passing an interview from 2003 off as new. Except for the last two minutes where they speed through his subsequent arrests. Total waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 89August 22, 2016 3:53 AM

[quote] Only one the datalounge would both these people be considered equally bad. All Levin ever did was have bad taste in men.

I'm so sorry we have caused you so much trauma. Everyone here will understand why you choose to leave.

by Anonymousreply 90August 22, 2016 4:04 AM

[quote]I'm so sorry we have caused you so much trauma.

No one claimed to be *traumatized* by r63's idiocy, darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 91August 22, 2016 4:55 AM

Your posts say otherwise. Sorry you hate it here.

by Anonymousreply 92August 22, 2016 4:58 AM

R92 is unfamiliar with the concept of a discussion. (Hint: It may include participants who disagree with or even ridicule your point of view. This does not indicate that people are traumatized ((Mary!)) or need to pack their toys and go home.)

by Anonymousreply 93August 22, 2016 5:12 AM

[quote] (Hint: It may include participants who disagree with or even ridicule your point of view....)

So glad you get my point.

by Anonymousreply 94August 22, 2016 5:16 AM

My bra is killing me!

by Anonymousreply 95August 22, 2016 5:27 AM

So there was no update of Robert now at the end of the piece? Is he currently serving time?

by Anonymousreply 96August 22, 2016 10:54 AM

Yes, r96. He's up for parole in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 97August 22, 2016 11:13 AM

Alex Kelly was a creep too! So were his parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 22, 2016 12:10 PM

"Are you jealous of a dead girl because she got to fuck the hot psycho who you seem to want badly or the fact that even in death she is more successful than you?"

Nope, not jealous. I never considered Chambers "hot" and I don't go for psychos either; poor Jenny did though and look where it got her. And what makes you think slutty Jenny was a "success", either living or dead? She was a little airhead who liked nothing better than drinking and partying and being a slut, a typical type from that era. You must be a relative of hers, or maybe you just have a sick crush on the poor dead party girl. You ought to see what a mental health professional can do for you. You definitely have some...issues.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2016 12:52 AM

Alex Kelly, Robert Chambers.....did all the preppies go nuts in the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2016 12:52 AM

R99 is weird.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2016 4:31 AM

R99 has issues. To be such a flawed human being to shit talk a dead girl is just...sad and broken.

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2016 4:47 PM

R100 and R102 are weird. Having a crush on a dead person...that's weird. And having a rose-colored view of a girl (like R102 obviously does) who was not interesting or admirable in any way. well, that's just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 103August 23, 2016 10:30 PM

I wonder where Alex Kelly is today.

by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2016 4:07 AM

R103, you are really wonderful at inventing wild, untrue scenarios and projecting. I don't have a crush on a psycho killer. Apparently, you do and it's quite obvious in you need to talk shit about a dead 18-year old.

by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2016 4:40 PM

Chambers needs a gf who knows how to match up well with him. There's this woman named Jodi A. who would adore seeing his hot bod in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 106August 25, 2016 11:47 AM

Something Jen said to him hit his narcissistic Achilles heal and he strangled her . He had a reputation for being impotent

by Anonymousreply 107August 25, 2016 7:07 PM

Why was Alex Kelly a "preppy rapist"? He went to public school and was the son of a plumber.

by Anonymousreply 108August 25, 2016 11:07 PM

Kelly was raised in the one of the wealthiest areas in the US.

by Anonymousreply 109August 25, 2016 11:11 PM

A preppy goes to prep school or did I miss something. Did he kill a preppy girl? Every criminal in Fairfield Cty was a "preppy outlaw"? Fairfield includes Bridgeport for crissakes. Stamford next to Darien has shitty neighbourhoods - did he grow up in a million dollar home in Darien?

by Anonymousreply 110August 25, 2016 11:24 PM

He didn't grow up in a publiuc housing project; Kelly was wealthy-adjacent--but more important: he looked like Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 111August 25, 2016 11:38 PM

"I don't have a crush on a psycho killer. Apparently, you do and it's quite obvious in you need to talk shit about a dead 18-year old."

Boy, are YOU stupid. I've never said I found Chambers hot or appealing in any way. Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired. And there was no "shit" said about Jennifer Levin. All that was said was the truth. If that bothers you, I guess you'll have to find some way to deal with it. Your extreme anger and obvious hurt feelings strongly suggest that you ARE a relative of Levin's. Or maybe you just really, really like her a lot. That's pretty damn strange.

by Anonymousreply 112August 26, 2016 12:17 AM

r112, it's pretty damn strange to act like a teen party girl is as bad as a murderer and career criminal.

r106, he does NOT have a hot body. Geez, have you seen any pics of him?

by Anonymousreply 113August 26, 2016 12:22 AM

Oops.....all this time I thought it had been amphetamine-fueled and that's why they called him the Peppy Killer.

by Anonymousreply 114August 26, 2016 12:23 AM

"it's pretty damn strange to act like a teen party girl is as bad as a murderer and career criminal."

No one said Levin was as BAD as Chambers. But both of them were pretty fucked up. A lot of people their age and in their circumstances were, but they were a special case, because their actions resulted in utter disaster for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 115August 26, 2016 12:30 AM

r115, going to parties and drinking as an 18-year-old is hardly that "fucked up" - geez, you must be a nun. Tons of 18-year-old drink and party without being murdered. Saying THEIR actions resulted in disaster is just victim-blaming. He chose to murder her because he is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 116August 26, 2016 12:35 AM

"going to parties and drinking as an 18-year-old is hardly that "fucked up" - geez, you must be a nun. Tons of 18-year-old drink and party without being murdered. "

You don't know much about Jennifer Levin, do you? For some reason she fixated on Chambers; nothing wrong with that, but she took matters to an extreme and flung herself at him. Her sexually aggressive stance WAS out of the ordinary. There were something morbid about it. She was pretty screwed up. Maybe that's why she was so drawn to Chambers. Fucked up people are drawn to each other like magnets.

by Anonymousreply 117August 26, 2016 1:58 AM

[quote]Fucked up people are drawn to each other like magnets.

Most don't end up brutally murdered. Stop defending Chambers.

by Anonymousreply 118August 26, 2016 2:14 AM

Who's the creep trashing the dead girl? And were they ever 18?

by Anonymousreply 119August 26, 2016 2:25 AM

"Who's the creep trashing the dead girl? And were they ever 18?"

There's been no "trashing." Just some unpleasant truths. And believe me, there are some 18 year olds who are more fucked up than others. Chambers and Levin fell into that category.

by Anonymousreply 120August 26, 2016 3:04 AM

I know Jennifer Levin's aunt. Jennifer was a handful.

No one is saying she deserved it but her own mother went through a deep depression over it, blaming herself for Jennifer's "devil may care" attitude.

We all seem to be conditioned to blame the victim. But pointing out her thrill-seeking nature, and attraction to bad boys doesn't absolve the psychopath who took advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 121August 26, 2016 3:48 AM

The Robert Chambers apologist on this thread is probably Shawn Kovell on a coke fueled bender.

by Anonymousreply 122August 26, 2016 6:18 AM

Chamber's mother was so controlling and overbearing. He hates women

by Anonymousreply 123August 26, 2016 8:13 PM

R24, he cleans up well . Saw a recent pic, still gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 124August 29, 2016 8:31 PM

Psycho Killer, Qu'est que c'est, Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah aahh Run run rubn run Run awaaaaayyyyyy yayaya

by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2016 8:44 PM

I think he has a weird face. But he has GREAT hair.

by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2016 9:36 PM

Didn't he have nude pics...

by Anonymousreply 127August 29, 2016 9:40 PM

Very good looking but evil

by Anonymousreply 128August 30, 2016 5:55 PM

r128 I disagree. I could never get past that oversized, Herman Munster shaped head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 30, 2016 6:05 PM

Chamber's could be Trump's son.

by Anonymousreply 130August 30, 2016 6:12 PM

His eyes are pure evil

by Anonymousreply 131September 1, 2016 8:37 PM

I think Brock Turner will have the same fate as Chamber's.

by Anonymousreply 132September 4, 2016 10:21 AM

If he'd been ugly and repulsive Jennifer wouldn't have bothered with him.

If he had just been some random guy off the street then Jennifer would have been an idiot to go off with him to fuck in the park, but since he was an acquaintance it seems to me like a normal teenage thing to do. A normal straight boy would have been thrilled at the opportunity and on his best behavior. The last thing a girl in that situation would have expected would be for him to turn ugly and violent.

by Anonymousreply 133September 4, 2016 12:40 PM

He will kill again

by Anonymousreply 134September 9, 2016 9:47 PM

I don't find him attractive at all, particularly now that he's old. He's just a loser, always has been, always will be.

by Anonymousreply 135September 10, 2016 4:37 AM

R135, he cleaned up well. Looks much younger now

by Anonymousreply 136September 10, 2016 3:48 PM

Anyone know how he is doing in prison ?

by Anonymousreply 137September 11, 2016 12:54 AM

That IS the definition of the predatory stare.

by Anonymousreply 138September 11, 2016 1:18 PM

Eyes of an extreme psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2016 11:16 PM

This thread would have been more interesting without that weird meltdown.

I was in junior high in the NYC area when this happened. Remember it so clearly.

by Anonymousreply 140September 14, 2016 12:17 AM

[quote]We all seem to be conditioned to blame the victim.

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2016 5:28 PM

NYC was full of tabloid scandals in the 80s. My favorite was Sydney Biddle Barrows, aka The Mayflower Madam. I thought she was tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2016 5:51 PM

Yeah, the 80s were full of scandals. My favorite was the "Scarsdale Diet Doc" murder. Herman "Hi" Tarnower was a cardiologist who gave his patients a two page diet to follow if they wanted to lose weight. He had a writer pad it out to book length and it was called The Scarsdale Diet. He got semi-famous for it; he was a dreadful man and extremely ugly, but women flocked to him nonetheless. He had a long time mistress named Jean Harris; he was phasing her out in favor of a younger woman named Lynn Tryforos. Harris wasn't wrapped too tight and it didn't help that Tarnower had been prescribing speed to her for a long time to combat her fatigue (she had a demanding job as headmistress in a posh girl's school called Madeira." After going without her speed for a while she went nuts and came to his house with a gun, intending, she claimed, to commit suicide after a final few minutes with her beloved Hi. He was the one who ended up dead. She said he's been shot accidentally when they fought over the gun. He was shot four times. That was her defense: it was an accident. The jury didn't believe it and she was convicted of second degree murder. She should have done at least 15 years before the chance for parole, but due to health reasons she was out of prison in about 12. Some people had sympathy for her; the poor, aging lady in love with an awful man who was dumping her for a younger woman. But Jean Harris was really a snotty, unlikeable bitch who LOVED being in a relationship with a man like Tarnower. Not a sympathetic character at all. There are two good books about this case for anyone interested: "Very Much A Lady" by Shana Alexander and "Mrs. Harris" by Diana Trilling.

by Anonymousreply 143September 18, 2016 1:14 AM

Any updates or anyone know or knew Chambers?

by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2018 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!