Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dominic West

So I recently started watching The Wire for the first time, and holy shit---Dominic West is sexy as fuck! How have I never noticed this before? In fact I *still* don't think he's especially good-looking, but damned if he doesn't just radiate sex appeal... what is it about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2020 8:30 AM

I don't think he's very good looking either, but he has a great body in The Affair.

He plays an old queen in PRIDE.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2016 6:23 PM

The older he gets, the more he reminds me of Willem Dafoe.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2016 6:39 PM

Yes to all, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2016 6:40 PM

[quote]I don't think he's very good looking either, but he has a great body in The Affair.

He definitely not good looking, BUT he's sexy AF!

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2016 6:43 PM

I think he's good looking, but in an unusual way.

I never think he's had the roles he's deserved--he should have had the kind of career George Clooney or Clive Owen had.

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2016 6:43 PM

He just has a natural masculinity from every pore; you'll look at him and you'll get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2016 6:49 PM

He has a nice, welcoming, smooth anus

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2016 6:50 PM

ITA. He's not traditionally attractive, but damn if I wouldn't be on my knees for him in a second. That smirk, the body. You just know he's amazing in bed.

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2016 6:53 PM

[quote] He just has a natural masculinity from every pore; you'll look at him and you'll get pregnant.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2016 6:59 PM

[quote] He just has a natural masculinity from every pore; you'll look at him and you'll get pregnant.

I think the wet mussy troll laid down his Cagemeat Quarterly just long enough to weigh in on Dominic West.

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2016 7:07 PM

Momma's mussy is as moist as a slice in a Duncan Hines commercial!

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2016 7:10 PM

Yes, OP. West is what the straights call a pussy magnet. And he has an AMAZING physique. Allegedly, he's good friends with Damien Lewis, who is also not very attractive, but has lots of charisma. They both grew up in the same neighborhood, attended the same schools, and both came from wealthy families. I think Hiddleston hails from the same town.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2016 7:44 PM

[quote]That smirk, the body. You just know he's amazing in bed.

Absolutely R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2016 7:46 PM

I crushed on him hard during The Wire's original broadcast. He has a purty mouth; looks good for kissing and eating out my man pussy.

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2016 7:51 PM

Is the Wire as good as everybody says?

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2016 7:52 PM

It's amazing so far R15

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2016 7:53 PM

The Wire is even better the second time you watch it.

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2016 8:41 PM

Dominic's soothing, mellifluous Etonian-tinged voice makes me wet. I know RP isn't very popular these days, but give me that over Beckham's squeaky Estuary any day.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2016 8:52 PM

[quote]Dominic's soothing, mellifluous Etonian-tinged voice makes me wet.

Did watching The Wire make your ears curdle?

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2016 9:02 PM

True story. I am a very few years older than Dominic, yet auditioned (face to face) to be his butt double on "The Affair". I didn't get the job, but I believe he ended up filming it himself. They weren't sure he'd do it, so lining up a double was required. I got paid for the day anyway. He's dreamy in person, but my bum is rounder and nicer.

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2016 9:05 PM

I love The Affair

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2016 9:13 PM

Haven't seen The Affair yet but plan to after binge watching The Wire. The only thing I'd seen Dominic in before this was "Appropriate Adult", where he played notorious British serial killer Fred West. While fantastic in the role, he was definitely not sexy---at ALL---which is why I was so taken off guard by his hotness in The Wire.

More McNulty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2016 10:04 PM

I first took notice of Dominic in '300', and I thought he made a sexy villain. Sexier than Gerard Butler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2016 10:11 PM

He's hawt as hell.

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2016 10:33 PM

[quote]Sexier than Gerard Butler.

Was there ever any question?

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2016 10:46 PM

Gotta love McNulty but that sex scene with simultaneous moans from season 1 with Rhonda Pearlman was always a bit off.

Shockingly, Joshua Jackson is hotter in THE AFFAIR. Also, Maura Tierney is hotter than Ruth Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2016 11:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2016 11:34 PM

He's week-born and exudes the innate confidence of money and a private education. He married money as well. All that confidence is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2016 11:38 PM

Dammit! Well-born.

by Anonymousreply 29August 7, 2016 11:39 PM

Loved him as Richard Burton in Burton and Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 30August 7, 2016 11:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 8, 2016 2:33 PM

He looks mischievous and a bit dangerous with that naughty smirk. It's a look and vibe similar to that of James Woods, when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 32August 8, 2016 2:42 PM

[quote] It's a look and vibe similar to that of James Woods

ewww

by Anonymousreply 33August 8, 2016 2:43 PM

When Woods was younger, R33. I know. This guy is better looking than James Woods ever was.

by Anonymousreply 34August 8, 2016 2:47 PM

Any butt shots??

by Anonymousreply 35August 8, 2016 2:47 PM

I want to pinch his buttocks!

by Anonymousreply 36August 8, 2016 2:49 PM

There was a medium shot in the Wire while he was fucking some woman R35, and yes, his ass was hot and incredibly round.

by Anonymousreply 37August 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Saw him in Les Liaisons Dangereuse in London last December and even though he seemed to have a genuine problem remembering his lines he was fucking hot so it was OK.

by Anonymousreply 38August 8, 2016 2:50 PM

My friend Craig Austin is his butt double on The Affair.

by Anonymousreply 39August 8, 2016 2:51 PM

I saw him years ago on Broadway in PRESENT LAUGHTER. He wore boxer briefs in Act 2 and was hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 40August 8, 2016 2:54 PM

Why do I need a butt double?

by Anonymousreply 41August 8, 2016 2:55 PM

Both of his serious relationships have been with well-connected ladies, boy has a type.

by Anonymousreply 42August 8, 2016 2:55 PM

Oh wait it was DESIGN FOR LIVING not PRESENT LAUGHTER.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2016 2:56 PM

I think you people who say he's not good-looking are crazy. He's both good-looking AND sexy.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2016 2:59 PM

Fans should avoid the awful Rock Star movie starring Marky Mark. Dominic plays a band member and you won't be able to get past the goofy wig and costumes.

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2016 2:59 PM

R44 Someone said he's not good-looking? They are not well-seeing.

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2016 3:04 PM

Love his dark eyes and that wicked smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2016 8:46 PM

I think the best way to describe it is "wolfish":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2016 9:57 PM

Sexy.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2016 10:03 PM

Remember him in some movie with Julianne Moore, about a woman who loses her young son, then authorities try to convince her the son never existed. Weird, but West was hot and laid back in it.

He's also one of the villains in JOHN CARTER; didn't have a lot to do, but was hot in everything he did do.

And I'd love to get naked with him. Hot man.

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2016 10:34 PM

I've always thought he was gorgeous. Don't know where I first came across him, but I do remember him looking hot in "Chicago."

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2016 10:51 PM

LOVED him in "the Wire".

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2016 10:54 PM

I first discovered him in The Hour which lead me to The Wire. I immediately bought both complete sets. And, yes, I love The Affair as well. I'm sensing a pattern here. He is sexy as hell.

His father invented or patented something to do with bus stops. Like the shelter. And that's how he made money. I don't think they're fabulously rich or anything but well off and used their money to send their son to Eton. I imagine he may not have fit in all that well but tried to. His wife isn't really rich either but she comes from an Irish family with a title and a small estate. Didn't he also date someone related to the Astors or Guinesses or something? Yes, he clearly has a type.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2016 11:32 PM

He played Sandra Bullock's Brit BF in 28 Days, looking hot, and then showed his ass in A Midsummer Night's Dream. I've followed him ever since.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2016 11:37 PM

he showed ass in "the Wire" too

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2016 11:41 PM

Yes he's very hot for a well off Brit. Most are ugly and weak looking. Give me an Irishman

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2016 12:07 AM

He was nude in that movie about the ghost at the English boarding school. Average. And I think, cut.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2016 12:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2016 12:41 AM

He's aged badly in that pic @R58

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2016 12:48 AM

he's got a lovely tight bum

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2016 1:25 AM

Aged 26 or 27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2016 3:04 AM

wow, what a blast from the past, it all looks so nineties

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2016 3:07 AM

Everybody keeps posting all these years-old pics. Has anyone in this thread even seen The Affair? The Dominic West of The Wire is gone (lookswise anyway).

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2016 3:16 AM

Yeah he's starting to look pretty haggard these days, but I still want him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2016 3:19 AM

He's like a Steve McQueen, not at all handsome -- in fact a bit ugly but incredibly sexy. I will get The Wire (I'll watch it in the Fall). I love him in The Affair -- the men are so much more attractive than the female leads; both of them have mouths so ugly that it's really disconcerting.

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2016 3:27 AM

[quote]The older he gets, the more he reminds me of Willem Dafoe.

It's the increasingly craggy, big dick face.

He proves the maxim that FUCKING SEXY doesn't always mean conventionally handsome---even though I DO think he's quite good looking with ass to die.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2016 4:05 AM

What is R66 from?

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2016 2:06 PM

his ass is fantastic

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2016 3:15 PM

I'm a lesbian, and he's one of the only men I find very hot.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2016 3:20 PM

I think R66 is from A Midsummer Night's Dream. My first DW experience was (briefly) seeing his beautiful ass in Chicago as Fred. Obviously, a small role. He's wonderful in The Wire, though his accent is far from flawless. It's not as bad as Emma Thompson or Hugh Laurie trying to do an American accent, but it's so obviously put on - never sounds natural. But The Wire's so well written and acted, it hardly matters.

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2016 3:20 PM

R20, he plays drunk through much of the series so the odd accent sort of worked.

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2016 3:30 PM

R71 - good point! I think you're absolutely right about that. God, The Wire. One of those rare hyped things that truly does live up to the hype. Although DW's role wasn't as prominent in s4, that is the best season. Those kids were such naturals. They broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2016 3:32 PM

indeed, probably the best TV ever

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Best outro theme too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2016 3:49 PM

now I want to see DW and that Idris fuck

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2016 3:52 PM

Idris' American accent was flawless, though. I didn't even know he was British at the time.

by Anonymousreply 76August 9, 2016 3:54 PM

West was adorable as a gay actor in the British film Pride. I'd like to see him and Rufus Sewell play lovers in something.

by Anonymousreply 77August 9, 2016 4:44 PM

R76, he took the cake. even better than Aiden Gillen

by Anonymousreply 78August 9, 2016 4:52 PM

From a "The Times" article

[quote]Even my lesbian friends think Dominic West is hot. Maybe it’s because there’s something about him that is so purely, ridiculously male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 9, 2016 5:42 PM

If he gets a Marvel contract he can pay for not only his wife's ancestral heap but 50 years of upkeep.

Movie stars are the most glamorous profession, but any touring pop musician makes more, as do City bankers.

by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2016 6:12 PM

I met him once in London. He was doing "Butley." He was incredibly nice and charming. However, he looked rough. It was a Saturday afternoon after his matinee. But, what a gentleman. And yes, we had to restrain ourselves from screaming like little girls. I fly a lot for work and United has both seasons of "The Affair" on their entertainment systems. I started to watch it and I binged watched all the way from LAX to Melbourne.

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2016 6:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2016 9:32 PM

Dominic West was sexy as hell playing a gay man in the British movie "Pride." And he did this crazy sexy dance...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2016 10:26 PM

He made all those straight husbands jealous as hell in "Pride"

by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2016 10:28 PM

R83 adorable

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2016 10:31 PM

I am crazy about his hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2016 10:37 PM

I want to see Dominic West & Dominic Cooper get busy together...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2016 10:45 PM

what a cutie

by Anonymousreply 88August 10, 2016 1:53 AM

OOh, yes, R87! Let's get the two Doms together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2016 5:55 AM

[quote] His wife had to sell the ancestral pile as they couldn't afford upkeep

It's not that grand a place. They had a whole spread on it in some old Hello magazine or something like that. I wonder if they can even get near that much for it. Did it sell?

The Wire was on HBO so how much could he have even made. The Hour was BBC so that was shit money and he probably doesn't command huge paydays for his other work. She seems more like a dilletante and stay-at-home mom.

by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2016 6:43 AM

the ghost movie was called The Awakening, a rather decent film. Shows his cock/ass, which looks rather good. Dont know why they'd want a double for it in The Affair. I think he's a good actor.

That video of him at r61 reminds me of Heath Ledger a bit. Anyone else get same vibe?

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2016 8:42 AM

Normally I don't take much notice of lips, but his are just about perfect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2016 9:30 AM

he's got perfect cock-sucking lips

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2016 3:05 PM

[quote] It's not that grand a place. They had a whole spread on it in some old Hello magazine or something like that. I wonder if they can even get near that much for it. Did it sell?

West and his wife (and her family) have changed course and are keeping Glin Castle.

It's not the grandest house in Ireland, but it's an important one, and beautiful inside and out. It was in West's wife's FitzGerald family for 700 years. Her father, the last Knight of Glin, died four years ago and the sale of the property and dispersal of centuries of family stuff (for the first time) seemed fairly inevitable. Parts of the house served as a hotel in recent years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2016 3:29 PM

Dominic could provide his ass as a service to the hotel patrons to help get revenue up

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2016 6:48 PM

Years back he was offered the role of Mance Rayder (the king north of the Wall) on Game of Thrones but turned it down. Apparently he'd no clue how popular the show was, and also didn't want to spend 4 months or so filming in Iceland.

Too bad... he'd have been perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2016 7:47 PM

Dominic's ass on The Hour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2016 9:03 PM

He was too good when he played Fred West in "Appropriate Adult". Now all I see when I look at him is a simian, bumbling, northern serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2016 9:04 PM

Surprised at all the love for him here. When the second season of The Affair started there was a thread here with lots of posts agreeing how ugly the entire cast is (namely Dominic, Ruth, Moira and Joshua). I think he is attractive, but he has a similar thing to John Hamm where certain facial expressions can make him look a bit ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2016 9:14 PM

[quote] Surprised at all the love for him here.

He's naturally handsome has great sex appeal, doesn't give the impression of taking himself too seriously, doesn't go on and on about "honing his craft" and that up-one's-own-ass stuff, has a sense of humor, seems quite content being low-key and out of the spotlight, and doesn't give the impression of clawing ambition. All of wins earn him high marks by setting him ahead of the usual lot of actors.

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2016 1:27 AM

Yep, that about covers it.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2016 4:23 PM

R81, the reason he looked rough is because he's a notorious drinker and coke addict. When I saw him in Les Liaisons Dangereuse (on a Monday matinee before Christmas) he seemed to be having troible recovering from his day off. And he kept messing up his lines which was funny to watch but not so funny for Janet McTeer.

by Anonymousreply 102August 12, 2016 5:34 PM

R96, interesting. I think he'd have been far better than that ugly fuck Ciarán Hinds that actually played him. I never bought Hinds as having the charisma needed to unite the Wildlings.

by Anonymousreply 103August 12, 2016 5:39 PM

I totally agree with all of R100's thoughtful analysis of Dominic West's appeal.

Plus he has a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2016 5:43 PM

[quote]I never bought Hinds as having the charisma needed to unite the Wildlings.

Yeah, me neither... it was distracting to be honest.

[quote][West]doesn't give the impression of taking himself too seriously, doesn't go on and on about "honing his craft" and that up-one's-own-ass stuff, has a sense of humor

I've been reading some interviews with him and they are entertaining to say the least.

[quote]...Whether he believes this or not I'm not sure. The 46-year-old star of The Affair and The Wire certainly likes to provoke. He rolls around in controversial statements like a dog in fox poo.

[quote]A week ago I saw him host a fundraising quiz at the Bush Theatre in Shepherd's Bush and he told the raffle winner — whose prize was a shopping spree in Westfield — "Rather you than me. Make sure you take a bomb-proof vest."

[quote]He has a deep and filthy laugh, describes his hair as like "Virginia Wade's", and says overall he looks "like an old Jewish lesbian".

LOL... he kind of does too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2016 6:35 PM

I have always thought Dominic was exceptionally good-looking. He has aged rough (lots of wrinkles on his face for his age—probably sun damage and/or smoking), but I would still fuck him senseless. He has a perfect ass—I'd bury my face in it and never leave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 4, 2019 6:45 AM

R98 - sorry to correct you, but Fred West was not Northern. He was from the South West of England and had the distinctive "combine harvester" accent. When the casting was announced there was a lot of comment that an actor as handsome as West was playing West, but lots of the people pointed out that the reason West was able to target women so effectively was because he was charming and seductive.

West, Emily Watson and Monica Dolan as Rosemary West all won BAFTAs for Appropriate Adult.

by Anonymousreply 107November 4, 2019 7:03 AM

Dominic first came onto my radar in Richard III when he had a small part and held his own alongside the all star cast.

I got his follow up movie True Blue from Blockbuster, about the cutthroat world of university rowing because he was in it. It wasn't very good but he's very handsome.

I watched the first episode of His Dark Materials last night and Ruth Wilson was excellent but James McAvoy just didn't seem substantial enough for Lord Asriel. Dominic West would have been perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 4, 2019 7:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 109November 4, 2019 7:55 AM

Dom turned 51 yesterday. Here he is out and about with his wife the day before his birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2020 5:53 AM

Pride was a wonderful film. The unlikely, lasting friendship between miners and the gay and lesbian community. LGBT rights in England took a big step forward with support by the miner unions and the blue collar unions.

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2020 6:05 AM

He is a good-looking guy, and the only reason I watched the schlockfest 'The Affair.'

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2020 7:07 AM

That's a black man.

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2020 7:22 AM

[quote] Pride was a wonderful film. The unlikely, lasting friendship between miners and the gay and lesbian community. LGBT rights in England took a big step forward with support by the miner unions and the blue collar unions.

You know the film was set in Wales, not England?

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2020 7:32 AM

(R114) Of course, I've watched the film 10 times. I am referring to the political movement launched in England for gay rights. It was based out of London and the major English cities, where the gays who are the inspiration for the movie come from.

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2020 7:37 AM

[quote] He’s a horse’s arse.

Although he is lauded in this thread for a variety of reasons, he is also derided and found wanting by some who know him:

a cad

misogynistic

liar

bully

anger issues (Irish temper/coke/alcohol)

May explain his facility in playing dark, difficult characters and the je ne sais quoi aspect of rugged attraction

by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2020 7:54 AM

[quote]([R114]) Of course, I've watched the film 10 times. I am referring to the political movement launched in England for gay rights. It was based out of London and the major English cities, where the gays who are the inspiration for the movie come from.

Do you know the difference between England, Britain and the UK?

Do you know what part of the UK Mark Ashton was from?

by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2020 8:17 AM

R111 The experts agreed that the so-called "unlikely, lasting friendship between miners and the gays" was a load of hokum manufactured for a brainless feel good movie.

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2020 8:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!