Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Coronation Street on ITV

This is a thread for those of us watching the show on ITV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 3, 2018 10:55 PM

Next week is gonna be amazing. Here are a few preview videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 31, 2016 5:42 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 31, 2016 5:44 PM

R2, Coronation Street is also on CBC in Canada. There is a great gay storyline currently on the soap too.

by Anonymousreply 3July 31, 2016 6:53 PM

Oh and btw, R2, this site might be American but there are posters from all over the world, some of them happen to live in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 4July 31, 2016 6:55 PM

[quote]Oh and btw, [R2], this site might be American but there are posters from all over the world, some of them happen to live in the UK.

Well, they all seem to want to talk about Coronation Street, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 5July 31, 2016 7:45 PM

R5, I started this thread because someone on the other thread was sick of the Canadian pace, they're two weeks behind. You're right. It doesn't seem to be very active. Oh well.. it was worth a try.

by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2016 8:22 PM

It is worth a try, R6, thanks. It was really annoying discussing it at Canadian pace.

I thought last night's episodes were a mess. Is it possible David suffered a head traa after Todd knocked him down on the stairwell? And the guy who murdered Kylie was 15? No fucking way. He looked at least 19.

Good God, Sean needs to get the fuck out of Weatherfield. Anthony Cotton is such a horrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2016 6:27 PM

R7, I think I belong in the minority, because I liked the episodes. They weren't perfect though. I felt that Kylie's funeral came second to everything else going on, and therefore it wasn't as emotional as it should have been. That said, I did love Sean finding out about Billy and Todd. I wish the scene was longer though and that Todd and Billy were even more affectionate, because the scene wasn't really that revealing. This wasn't Eileen listening to them making out on the radio. On the other hand, I get it, he was with Billy for a very long time, and when he said "you never looked at me like that", he just knew and it made sense. Still wish the scene was longer though. They didn't even include the frame from the spoiler pic in the scene. I think the scene was cut.

Anyway, and then there was Todd vs David. I loved those scenes. I love it when Todd gets conniving and mean like that. The "old" Todd never left. He was there the whole time. He cares about his family (and Sean, Sarah, Billy, Tracy etc) and will do anything to protect them. Bruno Langley (Todd) and Jack P. Shepherd (David) were fantastic, great acting.

PS: yes, Antony Cotton is a horrible actor. I was surprised to find that a lot of people actually praised his acting yesterday! I wonder if they confuse praise with pity though. I'm sure they pity Sean and feel bad for him. I think Antony Cotton does "ok" when he plays angry, but the scene in the church was awful, he didn't even bother trying to act heartbroken and upset. His voice broke several times and it just sounded so fake. It was horrible to watch.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2016 6:59 PM

Bruno is now also doing music

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2016 7:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 2, 2016 7:17 PM

Lets continue the conversation from the other thread.. Bruno Langley, do you think he's straight, bi or gay? I sadly think he's straight. He clearly enjoys kissing though! lol.

by Anonymousreply 11August 2, 2016 7:26 PM

r11 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2016 7:35 PM

R12, like I said I didn't think he was gay (he could be lying but I don't think he is). I guess it's possible he's bi, but I doubt it. He certainly must be a good actor though because he's using tongue while kissing another guy, you will never see that with Aaron and Robert (both played by straight actors) on Emmerdale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2016 8:37 PM

R8, all good points.

Bruno Langley is straight. It's sort of a waste of energy to argue this. He sure does have gayface, though. The lead in the film Pride physically resembled him a lot and he's actually American.

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2016 8:46 PM

Yeah, I said he was straight on the other thread too. It's amazing how he's so not afraid to kiss another bloke though, like with tongue and all. Very few actors go this far. I guess that just means he's a good actor though.

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2016 8:51 PM

Back on topic now after setting the record straight on his sexuality. Do you think we'll ever get a scene like this with Todd and Billy? I'm skeptical because the Todd & Marcus scene got so many complaints. I can see a potential gay sex scene with Billy and Todd being even more controversial as Billy is a vicar. Also.. the gay kissing with Billy and Todd has already gotten complaints, so not sure if they're willing to take the risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2016 8:56 PM

Billy's a vicar so maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2016 9:00 PM

It's really hard to like Antony Cotton on the show, he's such a limited (mostly awful) actor. He counters criticism from gay people of Sean by basically saying his critics are self hating homos, They can't stand seeing a camp gay character who is happy and confident on prime time tv, that kind of stuff. He plays Sean like some hyper 13 year old girl. There was a glimmer of something more on Monday's episode. Grow up Sean!

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2016 9:07 PM

What do you mean glimmer of something more? Ok, so he was good when he was angry and shouting at Billy. Antony Cotton often is, maybe it comes natural to him, idk. But did you hear his voice while talking to Billy in the church? It broke several times. It just sounded so fake and insincere. It wasn't believable at all.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2016 9:12 PM

Just watched the funeral episodes. Kylie's coffin being carried into the church to the sound of "Bootylicious" did make me LOL. The whole thing felt a bit convoluted, though - would Todd really have laid into David like that at his wife's funeral, regardless of the circumstances? It was like they decided to pack an unnecessary amount of drama into two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2016 9:17 PM

R17, come to think of it they nearly had a sex scene already. I mean.. they were on the bed making out while Todd was undressing Billy. They could have just cut it off there and then we could see them get dressed the next day, it wouldn't be too raunchy and would probably be something people would accept. Maybe they had Billy wait because they knew it would be a touchy subject for the viewers, a gay priest having gay sex! I think maybe they thought it would be easier for people to handle if they were in a serious relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2016 9:18 PM

R20, I don't know, maybe Todd's behavior was a bit unrealistic. It seemed kinda weird because Todd has been so "nice" these last few months. Now all of a sudden we see his bad side again. But the thing is.. the bad side never left. He's just very different with the people he care about, like Billy, Sean, Tracy, Eileen, Jason and not least Sarah. Todd is quite hot headed, he clearly went to the funeral without thinking, Billy stopped him though and they continued the conversation at home.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2016 9:22 PM

I guess Sean was starting to look and sound more like a real person, someone in crisis, in distress. He parked the chirpy knicker stitcher stuff for a moment and got real. Even with the handicap of Cotton's acting. I wish he would leave the show. I'm sure he gets countless offers of work every day. Possible not.

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2016 9:26 PM

R20, I agree with you. Having both Sean's blowing up seeing Todd with Billy as well as Todd blowing up at Sarah and then David at Kylie's funeral was simply too much.

I wonder if one of the two new actors/old characters (Daniel Osbourne and Adam Barlow) being reintroduced on the show this fall will be bi or gay.

by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2016 9:45 PM

R246, yeah, but I don't want another love triangle. Billy and Todd are too good together to get split up.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2016 8:59 AM

I still think Rana is hot for Zeedan's dad.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2016 4:23 PM

I'm a bit confused about this scene. Does David know about Billy now? I mean, does he know that Todd and Billy are a couple? Did he see them being affectionate too? Or was this all about Billy being there for Sarah and Todd mentioning him because he's tied to the Sarah lie (aka Sarah killing Callum)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2016 4:45 PM

Today's episode was very good but also slightly creepy and there was a lot of foreshadowing. First Sarah's "You deserve a man like Billy, don't mess it up" and then Todd's "everything's different now". Something will happen with Todd and Billy, I just know it. Phelan will probably take revenge on Todd after Todd getting in the way of Phelan's dodgy development plan. Todd not telling Billy the truth about Callum's murder was a huge mistake, something that will cost him deeply in the future. And if/when that happens, Phelan breaking them up I mean, I expect to see a very very dark Todd. Todd is vicious when he loses the people he love. Then the episode ended with David breaking down crying on Kylie's grave while saying he doesn't know how much more he can take. This is probably foreshadowing for David going down a dark path set on revenge according to the spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2016 7:38 PM

I think Billy will end up being the unfortunate victim of either Phelan or David's revenge.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2016 9:49 PM

I'm in the U.S. and was streaming it on Hulu, but they discontinued the series this spring (though they still have the back catalogue of 737,000 episodes or whatever it is.) I haven't troubled to watch it on ITV on-demand via ZenMate or other ways; it seems a few steps too many for something I more borderline hate-watched.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2016 10:11 PM

Whoever thought it would be a nice idea to have Sean be a self pitying mess for two episodes should be fired. It was nauseating to watch. He made it all about himself, then again that's Sean for you.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2016 10:11 PM

R29, I agree, I've had a bad feeling for a while now. For some reason I think the rumors about Daniel Brocklebank leaving are true. I've also read some comments on Facebook and Billy doesn't seem to be a very popular character. Sean has more fans than him. It would be an easy character to get rid of since he's not a part of a legacy family. And you know happiness is fleeting in soapland. When Sarah said "you should let Billy make you happy" and the Todd said "everything's different now" and Billy called him right after, yeah.. it was definitely foreshadowing. Call it a bad omen, but when characters are happy, and they or other people actually say it out loud, you know they're a goner. Case in point, Kylie. She was happy and was gonna move to Barbados with David. Then she got stabbed and died. I have the feeling the same thing will happen to Billy. And Corrie has a new producer now, Kate Oates, who loves to go overboard with her characters. I have a feeling she will have Phelan murder Billy or something just so Todd can be "dark" again, and take revenge on him, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2016 10:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear that r32. In many ways Billy was the anti-Sean. The gay vicar gave him more depth at the introduction. Then he acted like a man, a gay man, when he cleared the Rovers. The fun part was he wasn't reinforcing the Sean stereotype or the stereotype of a soap vicar.

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2016 10:33 PM

R33, this is just pure speculation though. I still don't think killing off Billy will happen anytime soon. What I think is more likely is a betrayal. I don't think Todd will cheat. Cheating storylines have been done to death, and call me crazy, but I think Todd actually cares about Billy. However, I think there's a reason they didn't have Todd tell Billy about who killed Callum. That information will be used later for more drama. I'm guessing Phelan will somehow find out about it and use it to break up Todd and Billy as revenge.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2016 10:56 PM

Sean's self-pity made tonight's double bill absolutely unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2016 11:28 PM

What would Ena Sharples make of all this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2016 11:40 PM

Todd's got Phelan's number, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 37August 6, 2016 12:28 AM

They are trying so desperately to make us feel sorry for Sean, but that's impossible with a character who's played by Antony Cotton.

by Anonymousreply 38August 6, 2016 12:37 AM

Exactly, R38. Tonight's episodes were a complete disaster because of Cotton.

by Anonymousreply 39August 6, 2016 1:00 AM

Yes, R35. I understand that Sean was angry and upset and lashed out on Todd, but never once did he ask how Todd feels, never once did he stop to think that maybe this wasn't that easy for Todd either. Instead he felt sorry for himself and said a lot of horrible things about Todd. Todd was spot on when he said "lets all blame Todd". Even Eileen was on Sean's side. I realize Todd has done a lot of bad things in his past, but this was a real low blow even for Sean, saying Todd "enjoys hurting people". If he truly believes that why were they even friends in the first place? As has been said many times before Todd did nothing wrong. He even feels horrible because he never wanted to hurt Sean. I wish that once in his life Sean would look past his own nose.

by Anonymousreply 40August 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Oh, why can't we have Coronation Street here in the US?

Looks like Cucumber is finished on Logo. We have nothing now, unless RuPaul is your thing.

by Anonymousreply 41August 6, 2016 6:25 AM

R37, Todd has been onto Phelan for a while. Watch this playlist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 6, 2016 6:27 AM

This kiss was really good, too bad they were interrupted. And yes, that is Bruno Langley using tongue. Bruno is supposedly straight irl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 6, 2016 6:42 AM

R42, I knew that, I guess what I really meant is that Todd's got Phelan's number re his investing Jason's money into something dodgy.

by Anonymousreply 44August 6, 2016 7:50 PM

Oh yeah, R44. Todd can see right through him, which is why Phelan is so intimidated by him.

by Anonymousreply 45August 7, 2016 12:26 PM

No Todd & Billy in today's episode but Todd had a few scenes and he looked really good. I don't know why, but a conniving Todd is totally my type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2016 10:17 PM

Such a cliche when Beth tried putting the police application in the bin--in the house. At least she put it back in her bag. So will Craig's jailbird dad be hot looking?

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2016 11:55 PM

Isn't Beth a jailbird too? I thought that was where she met Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2016 12:31 AM

Was it? Craig would know that, though, wouldn't he?

I don't give a crap about Aiden/Eva or Johnny/Jenny. I want to get Tristan Gemmill drunk and have him inside me quite deeply, though.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2016 5:03 AM

Is it just me or has Bruno Langley gained weight? His face is a lot puffier and it looks like he has moobs when he walks. His face was a lot thinner just a couple of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2016 3:49 PM

Here he is fit fat. He's not skinny or muscular per se, but his body is ok, not too bad. Again, this was two years ago. He looks a lot heavier now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2016 3:51 PM

The moobs in action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2016 4:22 PM

He looks fine with moobs, he was too skinny before.

I'm so bored with the Aiden/Eva and Nick/Robert stuff that dominated yesterday's episode. The actress who plays Eva is actually pretty good, but the writers never do anything interesting with her character.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2016 7:57 PM

R53, I agree. I was really missing Todd and Billy. The weeks they are not on are just.. boring. Long gone are the show's glory days. All the storylines are awful. No wonder the ratings suck. I suspect that's why they decided on Todd & Billy in the first place, they wanted better ratings, they saw how popular Robron is, and wanted to recreate that.

Btw, here is a new pic of Bruno. I wonder if he has been working out because he does look more toned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2016 5:13 AM

I'm really enjoying watching Gemma now. I loathed her when she first started but her character was such a bully then.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2016 5:30 PM

Me too, R55. Gemma has really grown as a character. I missed yesterday's episode, but did this really happen? Phelan is such an idiot, smh. If he wants to be a villain he should know better than to not sh*t talk his girlfriend in front of others so they find out what a nasty peace of work he is. If he goes head to head with Todd then Todd will come out the winner because Todd is actually smart, while Phelan is well.. not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2016 8:20 AM

It's too bad the Andrea Leadsom-Theresa May rivalry ended so quickly-they could have had some fun with Sally as a Leadsom wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2016 1:04 PM

The actress playing Gemma got a great review in one of the UK tabloids today. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 58August 15, 2016 12:26 PM

I couldn't concentrate on tonight's episode at all. I was traumatised by Liz McDonald's hair.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2016 7:26 PM

R59 It was a bit like Glenn Close's hair in Fatal Attraction

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2016 7:30 PM

Why are they shoving Sean down our throats? Why is this unlikable character getting so much screen time? I seriously don't get it. I'd much rather see Todd and Billy, heck, ANYONE else BUT Sean. We haven't seen the other gays for weeks, the Todd & Billy reveal was all about Sean, then after Sean found out we still get MORE Sean while Todd and Billy are nowhere to be found, and they aren't in the spoilers for the next few weeks either. Oh joy.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2016 7:37 PM

I think there was a clue in tonight's episode that Zeedan's dad is banging Rana.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2016 3:15 AM

At least they were shooting some scenes today. They did in July too, and those should air soon (within the next few weeks).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2016 1:52 PM

Another death coming up. Someone close to Maria.

by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2016 4:28 PM

Luke?

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2016 4:51 PM

I think both Luke and Andy will exit to make room for Adam Baldwin and Daniel Osborne.

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2016 5:52 PM

They might very well exit but no, the death is not Luke.

It's a bit of a trick question.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2016 5:54 PM

Maria's kid, then? That is one awful child actor. Oh, wait, it must be Kaz.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2016 7:20 PM

I'll tell you. The dog.

I bet the psycho lesbian kills it because it can sense she's bad news.

by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2016 7:26 PM

I really don't get why they say someone close to Maria will be killed. I wonder if it's to throw people off. Or it might have been a last minute decision, because really there's no going back after making a character a psycho, like Caz. BUT there will be at least another murder I think. The actor playing Michael announced he's leaving, so I assume he will be killed in the explosion later this year.

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2016 8:35 AM

The Leanna/Steve/Michelle baby storyline is ludicrous. What is this, 1964? Just tell the fucking truth and deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2016 4:25 PM

Read on Facebook that Peter is really the father of Leanne's baby. They got it together when she and Simon visited Peter in Brighton (or Bristol or somewhere) Foe some reason this slipped her mind. It's a tedious storyline.

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2016 4:45 PM

Ah, R72, so she's further along than she thought? That makes sense. I look forward to Simon abusing his baby brother in the coming years.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2016 4:49 PM

That'll be fun Leanne being up the duff with alcoholic Peter's child, I can see Nick really loving that.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2016 4:59 PM

Well this was Facebook gossip, so who knows. Amy's measles/chickenpox must play a role in this story.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2016 5:03 PM

It already has, R75. It was just a device for Leanne to find out that Liz knew about her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2016 10:48 PM

I don't watch but that is some nice kissing right there.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2016 11:11 PM

So.. Leanne is back with Nick. It was just a matter of time. I don't mind though as I like them together.

by Anonymousreply 78August 22, 2016 9:23 PM

R75, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true though, as I've read the spoilers and apparently there's a surprise coming up that's about Leanne's pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 79August 22, 2016 9:25 PM

That Sharif is a dirty dog. The actress who plays Sonia used to play Meena on EastEnders. And her character was fucking around with her brother-in-law on that, too.

by Anonymousreply 80August 22, 2016 11:32 PM

Apparently Todd will move in with Billy. It seems a bit soon though?

by Anonymousreply 81August 23, 2016 3:34 PM

Anyone else feel as if Eileen might be a goner?

by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2016 10:57 PM

She should be by having Phelan for a bf. Maybe he offs her when she gets too close to the truth? I like the actress but feel the character really is played out.

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2016 11:39 PM

I think there should be a cross over with Emmerdale and Robert has an affair with Todd.

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2016 8:37 PM

New spoilers for Todd & Billy! These are interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 25, 2016 6:35 AM

Well, R84, at least the lame gay kissing on Emmerdale would be better. Bruno Langley is straight in real life but doesn't mind using tongue. Maybe that's why the gay kissing on Corrie is so much better than on Emmerdale. I also think it helps to have at least one openly gay actor in the role. Dan Brocklebank (Billy) is gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 86August 25, 2016 6:39 AM

What is Billy's secret? What is Sean planning?

by Anonymousreply 87August 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Gail is the worst mom on the planet. Damn, she was horrible to Nick. It's HIS choice if he wants to be with Leanne. It's none of her business.

by Anonymousreply 88August 26, 2016 7:10 PM

New spoiler pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2016 5:11 AM

I thought Maria's dog would end up dead in tonight's episode. Is Caz going to kill him to have Maria to herself?

by Anonymousreply 90August 29, 2016 9:34 PM

Why do British males in soaps (like Lee on EE and Nick on this one) wear polo shirts buttoned all the way up in summer? It looks geeky.

by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2016 10:20 PM

That Kunta Kinte line really was a klanger.

by Anonymousreply 92September 1, 2016 1:19 AM

Dan came across really well here. His "I prefer kissing boys" comment was adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 4, 2016 4:03 PM

He seems like a really sweet guy. But he still has the unfortunate face of a ventriloquist's dummy.

by Anonymousreply 94September 4, 2016 7:47 PM

I think he's cute, R94.

by Anonymousreply 95September 5, 2016 7:06 AM

^ Me too

by Anonymousreply 96September 5, 2016 7:49 AM

Wow the scenes today were quite hot and passionate for a soap pre-watershed. My only complaint was too little skin was showing, but again, it's pre-watershed, so not really that surprising.

by Anonymousreply 97September 5, 2016 8:14 PM

Here it is..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 5, 2016 8:48 PM

I really didn't buy the Billy/Todd "argument." It was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 99September 6, 2016 2:41 AM

Well, that went pear-shaped, innit?

by Anonymousreply 100September 6, 2016 2:48 AM

R99, what didn't you get? Todd said something stupid, because Todd is Todd. Yes it was a lame commment but Billy obviously took offense. Todd didn't make it better by saying that if Billy wouldn't have sex with him he'd get it from someone else. On the other hand Billy obviously overreacted as he even admitted himself.

by Anonymousreply 101September 6, 2016 9:48 AM

SPOILER WARNING:

The new spoilers for the next 14 days are out and it's not good news for Billy and Todd. They actually break up.

by Anonymousreply 102September 6, 2016 9:51 AM

SPOILER

Why the hell would Todd tell the bishop he is living with Billy? Is he a complete idiot?

by Anonymousreply 103September 6, 2016 10:54 AM

The last kiss got 150 complaints.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 7, 2016 6:55 AM

The kiss on tonight's episode was hot.

Craig should never be featured in a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 105September 7, 2016 10:10 PM

R105, yeah but the new spoilers are depressing.

by Anonymousreply 106September 8, 2016 10:34 AM

I want Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) to return to the show. And in me, quite deeply.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 8, 2016 10:45 AM

R107, I'd love for Jason to come back. Would be fun to see him find out his bad boy brother is dating a vicar.

by Anonymousreply 108September 8, 2016 6:33 PM

Todd was such a ho in Monday's episode. "Can we just have sex and talk about it afterwards?"

by Anonymousreply 109September 8, 2016 10:11 PM

who?

by Anonymousreply 110September 8, 2016 10:56 PM

R109, he must have had blue balls for days after waiting so long. Can you really blame him? Lol

by Anonymousreply 111September 9, 2016 10:59 AM

So they finally had sex but now they're fighting again.

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2016 6:54 AM

Bruno is looking very good these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2016 10:34 PM

But he also comes across as very straight. I believe him when he says he's straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2016 10:35 PM

I want to plant my face in Ryan Thomas' ass while Shayne Ward piston fucks my ass, quite roughly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2016 11:21 PM

No word on who's been cast for Adam Baldwin and Daniel Osbourne, yet?

by Anonymousreply 116September 11, 2016 4:21 AM

Shayne Ward is hot, but can't act for shit. He is just terrible. Also, his character is really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 117September 11, 2016 7:49 AM

He's in no way terrible, he's just not very interesting. He was a pleasant surprise at the beginning because expectations were so low. He's a total snooze with Eva.

by Anonymousreply 118September 11, 2016 4:57 PM

Sorry, I still think he's a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 119September 11, 2016 5:08 PM

Someone else has a nice ass too..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 12, 2016 4:13 PM

The Barlow boys are back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 14, 2016 11:21 AM

Daniel will ptobably be Todd's new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 122September 14, 2016 11:22 AM

I can really see Adam with Eva. He will probably end up being the love of her life. I think Daniel could be slated as Siobhan's new love interest. Chesney's time on this show really has come to an end.

by Anonymousreply 123September 15, 2016 12:02 AM

I wish the train would go off the tracks again and take out that spoiled narcisistic fuck Nick Tilsley.

by Anonymousreply 124September 15, 2016 12:22 AM

Is Gary Windass going to fuck Bethany Platt?

by Anonymousreply 125September 15, 2016 2:36 AM

No, R125, I think he will get together with Sarah, not Bethany.

by Anonymousreply 126September 15, 2016 8:18 AM

Daniel Brocklebank liked a tweet about Bernie. Does that mean he's a bernbot? I liked Dan up till this, but being a bernbot is just something I can't forgive.

by Anonymousreply 127September 15, 2016 8:20 AM

R123, do you really think Daniel is straight? Idk I have a strong feeling he'll end up being gay.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2016 5:57 AM

They finally said "I love you" to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 17, 2016 7:28 AM

I don't think Todd & Billy's break-up will be permanent. The writers have spent too long getting them together to split them up this quickly.

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2016 8:54 PM

Todd and Kevin. He has a real Daddy fetish.

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2016 8:57 PM

Tonight's Let's Buy Alex a Flat of His Own episodes were intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 132September 20, 2016 2:25 AM

R130, you're right. The spoilers for next week say Todd realises he wants Billy back.

by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2016 11:30 AM

Bruno Langley was amazing in yesterday's episode. He is so underrated. I think he's better than Danny Miller (Aaron, Emmerdale).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 20, 2016 3:14 PM

He's very good.

by Anonymousreply 135September 20, 2016 10:32 PM

Eva has GOT TO get rid of those ridiculous HELLO KITTY! hair bows.

by Anonymousreply 136September 21, 2016 12:42 AM

Looking forward to Toyah coming back. Now if only Janice was coming back as well. She'd be Arrtoyah again.

by Anonymousreply 137September 21, 2016 12:45 AM

Rob had his first day yesterday. I still wonder if Daniel will be gay or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 21, 2016 11:38 AM

I wonder if Toyah knows about Leanne's spell as a prozzie.

by Anonymousreply 139September 21, 2016 4:09 PM

If I had to pick Leanne's worst scene it would many years ago when she lip synced that Spice Girls song.

by Anonymousreply 140September 21, 2016 4:12 PM

Do you think there could be something to this article? It's not the first time mentioning killing Todd off, I've seen it in other soap magazines as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 21, 2016 6:27 PM

Like this for example..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 21, 2016 6:28 PM

I have a really strong feeling they're gonna kill Todd off, tonight's episode just confirmed it. It's a typical soap trope... finally reveal something about a character, why they're messed up, to make him them a "hero" before they die. I think they will do that, finally explain what happened to him in London. The "not sleeping well in years" comment hint at that. And then Sue (Eileen) has recently talked about her plans for what she's gonna do after Corrie. Why would she even consider that?! It's obvious she's leaving. I can picture Vinny killing Todd and Eileen leaving Weatherfield heartbroken.

by Anonymousreply 143September 21, 2016 7:34 PM

I wish Alex was tossed off some scaffolding by Vinny, instead. Damn, that kid is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 144September 21, 2016 9:07 PM

Alex looks like Peter from The Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2016 1:03 AM

If Bruno has something else lined up?

Todd has been such a nasty flake since he came back. There's a lot I like about him but I wonder if Phelan is there to escort Eileen and her brood off the show.

Jason was a bigger anchor than Eileen. And I like Eileen and believe she can be salvaged.

I enjoy Tod so much I hope he isn't exiting for good.

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2016 1:16 AM

I think Todd will be killed off, too. Tracy will be sad.

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2016 3:32 AM

R146, actually no. In fact Bruno has renewed his contract for another year. That's what makes me hopeful that maybe they won't kill him off. But still I have a really bad gut feeling about this. If he does end up getting killed off I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I don't think Bruno has anything else lined up right now, but maybe he wants to focus on his music career idk.

by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2016 4:58 AM

If Bruno does end up leaving though Kate Oates (the producer) is an even bigger idiot than I thought. Bruno is very well liked by fans and Todd is a fan favorite. Todd is also a legacy character from a legacy family. It would be a stupid mistake to kill him off now. He has also managed to get the show a lot of publicity. Todd trended on Twitter on Monday and then there is the "scandal" over Todd and Billy's racy scenes.

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2016 5:05 AM

Three things stood out to me in yestserday's episode: Todd already regrets teaming up with Phelan, he still has feelings for Billy and he mentioned "not sleeping well for years". He is clearly broken inside. I hope they finally explore what happened to him in London.

by Anonymousreply 150September 22, 2016 8:30 AM

But isn't Sue Cleaver (Eileen) making noises about leaving to complete her degree/certification in psychotherapy and counselling? Jason gone, then Todd....perhaps they will make Eileen feel so ashamed of her participation in the Phelan scam that she says bye-bye Weatherfield,

by Anonymousreply 151September 22, 2016 10:54 AM

R151, I think that's what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 152September 22, 2016 3:07 PM

Yeah, I agree, R151 and R152, that's what I think will happen.

by Anonymousreply 153September 22, 2016 3:20 PM

Jack P Shepherd signed a new huge contract. I like him though so I don't mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2016 7:50 PM

He's a very important cast member so I'm fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2016 1:47 PM

I still miss Becky. I'll never forget her taking Tracy down at her wedding to Steve. "Aint that right, Drearie?"

by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2016 9:54 PM

I loved Sally's line tonight-"I'm up to my neck in hashtags!"

by Anonymousreply 157September 24, 2016 12:55 AM

I have a huge crush on Tim.

by Anonymousreply 158September 24, 2016 1:00 AM

Tim is adorable. Joe Duttine is so good in the role. I saw him play a young gay guy in the play My Night With Reg in the West End back in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 159September 24, 2016 3:49 AM

Ryan T

nsfw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 24, 2016 7:04 AM

Are they bring back any old characters besides Toyah? What about Curly Watts?

by Anonymousreply 161September 24, 2016 12:13 PM

Curly's dayghter with Raquel must be a teenager by now.

by Anonymousreply 162September 24, 2016 3:33 PM

Yes, R161. Adam Barlow, Peter Barlow and Daniel Osbourne are back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 24, 2016 4:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164September 25, 2016 9:44 AM

Could we just get away from those boring Platts who have been dominating the storylines. At least now Todd, Billy etc take centre stage for a while. We need to see more of Mary and Rita and Norris and ghastly Liz McDonald and her crazy outfits. They must like dressing Gemma the kebab girl too, loved that gold outfit she wore recently and her outfit for the funeral.

Will Emily ever come back from Peru ? and could Steve McDonald take a long holiday, and more of snobby Sally .....

by Anonymousreply 165September 25, 2016 10:07 AM

and lots more of toxic Tracey please. Does anyone ever buy any flowers in that shop ? her spats with Carla were great.

by Anonymousreply 166September 25, 2016 10:11 AM

r159, I also saw Duttine in MY NIGHT WITH REG, and he is also in the BBC film of it. The recent production a year or two ago was good too, with lovely Julian Ovenden looking terrific naked.

Lets hope Jason comes back from Thailand ...... loved his nude photoshoot in Attitude.

by Anonymousreply 167September 25, 2016 10:13 AM

The older cast members are getting older and doing less - so we see less of Rita and Ken etc.

Shayne Ward is super hot, and a good actor too, a decade after his X Factor win. Way to go.

by Anonymousreply 168September 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Sorry, R168 I disagree. Shayne Ward is terrible, he is not very emotive, he has an emotionless expression on his face every time he tries to "act". The way he reads his lines is so cringeworthy. It's not believable at all. Compare that to the likes of Jack P Shepherd or Bruno Langley and you can see just how much he sucks, because those two actually know how to act.

by Anonymousreply 169September 25, 2016 10:22 AM

Kevin Webster really needs to smarten up, he looks like a homeless tramp sometimes. He has been in it since the start practically.

I like how it has changed with the decades, from the heyday of Bet Lynch and Alec Gilroy at the Rovers ("back room, now, lady") to the growth of the younger cast members, though one minute Simon was a devil child, and now he has got good. Good job Carla left, that woman had so much drama, it was one dead husband/boyfriend after another .... Nick is a pain, we are sick of him too.

They took their time digging up Calum from under Gail's floor ....

by Anonymousreply 170September 25, 2016 10:31 AM

I don't understand the Steve MacDonald love. He's not attractive, not a good character, and the actor can't act.

by Anonymousreply 171September 25, 2016 12:52 PM

R171, I think the Steve character is funny. His scenes with his mother Liz are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 172September 25, 2016 1:07 PM

I'd forgotten about Emily, R165. I don't think she's ever going to return. The actress is in her mid-eighties and very private. I think she knew there would be a fuss if she announced she was leaving permanently, as she's been a cast member for almost as long as Bill Roache has. This is probably her way of getting a low-key exit.

by Anonymousreply 173September 25, 2016 1:24 PM

Thank God it looks like Alex is being written off to Inverness. He had charm at the beginning but the "antics" the writers got him into were awful.

by Anonymousreply 174September 27, 2016 12:48 AM

Billy didn't really seem like he was in the forgiving mood in yesterday's episode. I think Todd will have a hard time trying to win him back. At least Billy told the truth about Phelan to Eileen. Not that I think it helps much, she is thick and blind to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 175September 29, 2016 4:54 AM

Well, Alex didn't go to Inverness. I think Roy will dump Cathy at the altar and she'll end up taking Alex up to Inverness, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 176September 29, 2016 1:50 PM

This is interesting. Todd will open up to Billy about his past and Bruno will give a great performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 29, 2016 4:04 PM

"I'm not sure there's any other woman in the world quite like Hayley..."

Try Bangkok, Roy!

by Anonymousreply 178September 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Damn.. we got so much info on Todd's past in tonight's episode. He was almost engaged to a guy with HIV?! But then the guy went back to his wife and kids?! Poor Todd. He knows why he's so messed up and why he pushes people away. And he was even on .. you know. I can't believe they mentioned the drug in this episode omg. That's a first for Corrie.

by Anonymousreply 179September 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Bruno Langley was great tonight. I was surprised by the Prep mention as well. I'd thought Todd's story about London was going to be a bit darker, though.

Why did the writers have to kill Ozzy? :(

by Anonymousreply 180September 29, 2016 8:26 PM

R180, I thought so too, my theory was basically that he was a hustler or something or that a sugar daddy used him. But I guess that would be "too much" for a soap. And I think they needed to prove that deep down he is a romantic and he just wants to be with someone, to love and be loved. So his relationship with Billy would make sense. So him being hurt by a relationship I guess makes sense, but yeah.. I wish maybe it was a bit darker too.

by Anonymousreply 181September 29, 2016 8:34 PM

Maybe after Phelan runs off with the Grimshaw's money both Jason and Todd will end up as male escorts with Eileen as their pimp, sending them out on "calls" from the taxi firm.

by Anonymousreply 182September 29, 2016 10:21 PM

So Maria will have grief lesbian sex with Caz tonight over a dead dog?

by Anonymousreply 183September 30, 2016 3:42 PM

Where did you read that? From what I've read Maria will reject her and she will flee away in tears.

by Anonymousreply 184September 30, 2016 4:51 PM

Oh, glad to know THAT happens, R184. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 185September 30, 2016 5:25 PM

So they are back together. Interesting. I think the "no more secrets" part was foreshadowing though. Lets face it.. these two are basically doomed. Billy will not accept Todd being part of a scam. He will probably dump him again. And I pray Todd won't have HIV now. I mean.. he shouldn't. He started the treatment early. I'm still so in awe at how much Corrie has improved. Taking on issues such as HIV and prep, and doing it so well. Todd talked about how the pills are making him sleepy. I can't believe they even mentioned it, and on a soap pre-watershed. Still though, I don't want Todd to have HIV. He has been miserable for too long, including this scam. I want him to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 186September 30, 2016 8:13 PM

They're back on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 1, 2016 7:29 PM

The latest issue of Soap Life has a photo of Todd with the caption & question mark "Todd Dies a Hero?"

What's that about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 1, 2016 7:39 PM

There have been a ton of articles like that lately, R188. I think it's to do with Vinny threatening to kill him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 1, 2016 7:56 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 1, 2016 7:57 PM

I wonder if Billy's crack addict brother will return

by Anonymousreply 191October 1, 2016 10:15 PM

Maybe, but not anytime soon, R191. Todd is currently involved in too many storylines as it is, the scam, Billy dumping him and now a possible HIV storyline.

by Anonymousreply 192October 2, 2016 5:30 PM

I really hope Todd won't have HIV now.

by Anonymousreply 193October 2, 2016 5:59 PM

So is Caz going to tell the Home Office that Maria and Pablo aren't legit because she and Maria are a couple? What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 194October 2, 2016 9:22 PM

Shayne Ward was named best newcomer at the soap awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 3, 2016 7:42 AM

Is Eileen meant to have had a lobotomy or something? There's no way she'd fall for this. I hate it when the writers mess around with the characterisation like that.

by Anonymousreply 196October 3, 2016 10:38 PM

How can they even sell these flats if not going to go ahead, mortgage companies would need evidence before giving the money, as the Street people wouldnt have the money lying around, unless they are only paying deposits, which would not be that much.

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2016 11:41 PM

I thought Grandad Sharif was sort of hot.

by Anonymousreply 198October 5, 2016 1:20 AM

I like that they're so affectionate with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Rosie Webster's returning (briefly) next year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 5, 2016 10:21 PM

She was a good character but but so overexposed. I look forward to her interactions with adorable Tim.

by Anonymousreply 201October 5, 2016 10:30 PM

I'm sorry but the Down's syndrome guy needs to go, as does Cathy. Roy deserves better, and single would be better.

How will they get rid of Sharif? Running off with his fat ugly slut?

by Anonymousreply 202October 5, 2016 10:59 PM

Oh, I can see the problems Rosie will cause! Flirtin' with Aiden, modelling undergarments....SLUT!

by Anonymousreply 203October 5, 2016 11:24 PM

I suspect Rosie will go after Tim.

by Anonymousreply 204October 6, 2016 1:17 AM

Or she'll go after Adam.

by Anonymousreply 205October 6, 2016 1:47 AM

Todd and Billy's reaction to Gemma is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 6, 2016 8:25 AM

Gemma is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 207October 6, 2016 2:46 PM

Aidan's voice is fine in hushed tones but it gets squeaky any louder than that.

by Anonymousreply 208October 6, 2016 10:48 PM

True, R208. His voice goes all "MARY!!!" above a certain decibel.

by Anonymousreply 209October 6, 2016 10:59 PM

Speaking of Mary, am I the only one who doesn't hate her?

by Anonymousreply 210October 7, 2016 2:45 AM

No, R210, I love her, too. She's a bit sitcom-like but I don't care. The show needs comedy characters like her and Gemma.

by Anonymousreply 211October 7, 2016 3:16 AM

Sounds like Mary has been quite the free spirit in her life before Weatherfield. Maybe she loses a few pounds, tarts herself up, and becomes the vamp of Coronation St. Liz and Audrey should give her a makeover.

by Anonymousreply 212October 7, 2016 3:43 AM

I wonder if Mary has a long lost kid out there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 213October 7, 2016 4:02 AM

Andy!

by Anonymousreply 214October 7, 2016 4:13 AM

Ooooo, that would be good, R214!

by Anonymousreply 215October 7, 2016 4:29 AM

Jack was fantastic in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 216October 14, 2016 8:41 PM

Jack P Shepherd has always been one of the show's better actors, even when he was a kid. And I love that his password was "Barney", the name of his childhood pet rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 217October 14, 2016 9:25 PM

Jean Alexander, the actress who played Hilda Ogden, has died at the age of 90.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 14, 2016 9:39 PM

R217, thanks. I'd wondered why the fuck Barney was his password.

Shepherd really was fantastic in David's video message.

I hope Hilda Ogden gets killed off next year and there is a remembrance party for her thrown by Ken, Audrey, Gail, Sally and Kevin.

Ken mentioned that some native Britons would be sitting down for a Thanksgiving meal. Is this really true?

by Anonymousreply 219October 15, 2016 8:19 PM

Corrie is set to expand with several new sets and go to 6 episodes a week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 16, 2016 9:11 AM

That's good for them r220.

by Anonymousreply 221October 16, 2016 7:51 PM

That new young actor who plays Faye's bf Seb is very good. His name is Harry Visinoni and he's apparently 17 so it's not technically pervy to lust after him, right?

by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2016 4:09 AM

Corrie is just getting better and better. I like the fact that Peter is back too.

by Anonymousreply 223October 17, 2016 7:57 PM

Shayne Ward (Aiden) wanking, Not a bad looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 21, 2016 12:37 AM

nice sized cock/

by Anonymousreply 225October 21, 2016 2:24 AM

No love for Shane pulling on his cock?

by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2016 10:23 PM

He's a bore, that's why no response.

Now, a video with the hot guy who plays Pierce on Emmerdale pulling his pud? That would pique my interest.

by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2016 4:23 AM

Last week's car crash and Ken's collapse were unexpected. Those court and hospital sets are kept busy! But what is happening with Todd and Eileen and the flats and Phelan and Vinny - and of course Sharif has disappared, how will they resolve that storyline with Sonia and Yaseem ? and we do not see enough of the other characters who seem sidelined, as its all about the Platts and Steve McDonald's entangelements. More ritzy outfits for Gemma and Liz McDonald please - what has she done to her face and hair ?

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2016 8:46 AM

Just caught up with Friday's episodes. Oh, Corrie. Only you could come up with an elaborate scenario in which David accidentally runs over his own daughter.

The writers aren’t great when it comes to pacing. This week dragged a bit until the last two episodes, which were great but pretty over-the-top. They did the same during the week of Kylie’s funeral and the week where Carla left.

The actress who plays Gemma has really improved since she first joined.

Hope they bring back the Grimshaws (and Phelan and Billy) soon.

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2016 2:52 PM

Yeah. hate Liz's new look. It makes her look older and rougher. I wish Nick would get run over by a streetcar cab. He's a narcisistic prick.

by Anonymousreply 230October 23, 2016 4:26 PM

I'm a bit behind but am loving the soapiness of David and Nick with David locked in the cellar... and another secret being chipped away. I immediately hated the Nick recast for but he's grown on me, to the degree where I'm now thinking the aryan blond versions of Nick were a mistake that needed to be corrected.

And I love it that Peter's back. Loving Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 231October 28, 2016 10:48 PM

I've never been overly keen on any incarnation of Nick. Adam Rickett was so melodramatic, but on balance I prefer him to Ben Price, whom I generally find bland. He's been pretty good over the past few weeks, though.

by Anonymousreply 232October 28, 2016 11:14 PM

Ben Price had a pretty hot ass when he was in the ITV series Footballers Wives.

by Anonymousreply 233October 29, 2016 8:13 PM

Bruno Langley as Michael Jackson-adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 29, 2016 10:12 PM

Rob Mallard (Daniel Osbourne) just came out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 20, 2017 4:34 PM

And Phelan killed Andy!

by Anonymousreply 236January 20, 2017 8:31 PM

Daniel Brocklebank and Rob Mallard are dating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 17, 2017 12:31 PM

I look forward to their sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 238May 17, 2017 1:08 PM

The actor playing Todd (Bruno Langley) has been axed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239October 29, 2017 1:11 AM

R239 He's been axed what? If he had really done it?

by Anonymousreply 240October 29, 2017 1:36 AM

Was our sister Pat Routledge, on Coronation Street?

by Anonymousreply 241October 29, 2017 1:44 AM

R240 Who knows? The Metro report seems to tie his dismissal to what's going on, but adds:

[quote] Bruno Langley’s contract ended on October 26th following an internal inquiry. This inquiry was separate to any police investigation and was independent of any inquiries they are making.

Also, the report in The Sun says producers are even re-shooting scenes that Langley has already done:

by Anonymousreply 242October 29, 2017 2:09 AM

I really miss Blanche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 29, 2017 2:14 AM

So when is Josh gonna butt rape David?

by Anonymousreply 244March 12, 2018 10:46 PM

I indeed thought there was something major brewing for the Josh character. After almost striking a cowering Lee with a tire iron, I could see the foreshadowing of Josh's dark side. Also, the whole bromance thing with David seemed too chummy at times to be entirely innocent.

by Anonymousreply 245March 14, 2018 11:00 AM

ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT

Ruby is not the psycho child. Fiz is going to discover that Hope is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 246March 14, 2018 11:39 AM

Fuck off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 14, 2018 11:52 AM

The child playing Ruby is cute but a total automaton who seems dumb as a bag of rocks. The child playing Hope is actually pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 248March 14, 2018 8:22 PM

When is someone going to beat the shit out of Pat? I hate that gobshite.

by Anonymousreply 249March 14, 2018 8:53 PM

Pat was fucking scary with Billy.

by Anonymousreply 250March 15, 2018 3:21 AM

Well, tonight was the night. Poor David. Karma’s a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 251March 16, 2018 8:45 PM

Kind of fucked up that so many people on Twitter think David being raped is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 252March 16, 2018 11:52 PM

Did you watch the show for the years that David was absolutely vicious toward his mother? He pushed her down the stairs at one point. I certainly don’t find his rape to be funny but a part of me doesn’t forget what he was like for years and think of this as karma.

by Anonymousreply 253March 17, 2018 1:51 AM

What will it take for Fiz to admit that Hope is mentally disturbed? What's to stop Hope from breaking Ruby's neck?

by Anonymousreply 254March 17, 2018 2:04 AM

The bitch who plays Fiz was particularly bad in last night’s episodes.

by Anonymousreply 255March 17, 2018 4:37 AM

I'm looking forward to Phelan getting his comeuppance. And seeing how the street treats Eileen.

by Anonymousreply 256March 17, 2018 2:36 PM

Yeah, but lots of people were laughing because it was a male-on-male rape, R253.

I'm annoyed by the way the Phelan storyline has changed Eileen. She used to be much more switched-on. I can't buy how naive she's become.

by Anonymousreply 257March 17, 2018 4:15 PM

I think it’s a revenge rape and has something to do with Callum.

by Anonymousreply 258March 18, 2018 3:46 AM

Josh is eeevil. Poor David.

by Anonymousreply 259March 19, 2018 9:18 PM

But Josh is hot in that black Irish way.

by Anonymousreply 260March 20, 2018 12:45 AM

Josh is really hot. So far they’re making it look like Josh is on the DL and fucked David because “he really wanted it.” But I think Josh is straight and this was strictly a revenge rape.

by Anonymousreply 261March 20, 2018 5:12 AM

If it was meant to be realistic Josh would not have come back and David would pretend it never happened. But this is made for drama. David will tell someone. He'll go to the police eventually. Because this is considered pioneering it must encourage men to come forward. Josh will run, die or go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 262March 20, 2018 8:35 AM

Straight men don't rape other men, Josh obviously has the hots for David.

by Anonymousreply 263March 20, 2018 9:07 AM

R263, you really need to get out more. OF COURSE straight men rape other men, be it from a power issue or revenge. Rape is a violent act.

by Anonymousreply 264March 20, 2018 1:56 PM

Ryan Clayton (Josh).

I wonder -- does Mamma like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 21, 2018 11:43 PM

He’s a sexy guy.

by Anonymousreply 266March 21, 2018 11:54 PM

Fiz gets more insufferable with every episode.

by Anonymousreply 267March 22, 2018 12:22 AM

Fiz should just go live with Cilla.

by Anonymousreply 268March 22, 2018 3:39 AM

That little kid who plays Ruby is so fucking awful. She parrots all her lines and is always looking off camera at her mummy.

by Anonymousreply 269March 23, 2018 1:14 AM

C'mon -- this is Datalounge! Who are all the hot guys on the show? I can think of Josh, Adam Barlow, and ah.....er.....um....

by Anonymousreply 270March 23, 2018 11:31 AM

The guy who plays Daniel is quite attractive, R270.

by Anonymousreply 271March 23, 2018 1:41 PM

And the actor who plays him is gay. He had an affair with that ventriloquist’s dummy who plays the vicar.

by Anonymousreply 272March 23, 2018 1:57 PM

Reading about the Peter Kay death hoax reminded me of his appearance on Corrie in 2004. It was funny, but also sort of sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 23, 2018 3:01 PM

He was hilarious in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 274March 23, 2018 4:16 PM

I used to think Tyrone was sort of hot, until he shaved his body.

by Anonymousreply 275March 24, 2018 10:07 PM

Tyrone is sweet but hot? No.

by Anonymousreply 276March 25, 2018 2:01 AM

I'm thinking that Gail is going to waste her savings on "psychic" Rosemary unless Audrey intervenes. Self-fulfilling prophecy, my ass. Even if Gail's family has had regular hardships and heartbreak through the years, I think the psychic story-line is too predictable. Blimey!

by Anonymousreply 277March 25, 2018 2:15 AM

I hope Chesney rebuts any possible overtures from Josh. Chesney's chunky, boyish ass may just be too much for Josh to resist. And besides, Chesney is lonely, shuts himself away, and has no mates. Perfect potential victim of a horrible thing.

I'm sure that Carla and Alex (Sorry, Ali) will start a full-blown affair. Carla will initially protest, but will cede to her attraction to his hot body and will want to drink his hot blood to avoid her next cosmetic surgery a la Elizabeth Bathory. Michelle will be angry for three episodes maximum if she finds out. Actually, she'll probably use the affair to get closer to her son.

I also think that Fiz will be beaten to death by Hope (with Ruby's explicit approval) given that Fiz has become an overwrought twat. Ruby will prefer to take her chances with sociopathic Hope just to be able to go to the toilet without Fiz micro-managing her stools.

Where are Daniel and Sinead? What about Craig's OCD? I want to see his impulsive behavior translate to multiple bullets in Phelan's back just for walking against the traffic light. Eileen and Summer can always go to NZ and rent from Martin Platt.

Tune in tomorrow......

by Anonymousreply 278March 25, 2018 2:50 AM

And will Emily ever return from her South American sojourn? Did Norris end up joining her?

And who would like Zedan to go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 279March 25, 2018 12:39 PM

Craig’s OCD storyline is horrendous.

I hope Hope murders Maria’s horrendous child.

by Anonymousreply 280March 25, 2018 1:09 PM

Bethany glassing the guy in the peelers made me laugh. Bitch is hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 281March 25, 2018 4:43 PM

The girl who plays Bethany can SANG, too. She’ll be in the West End or on Broadway within ten years.

by Anonymousreply 282March 25, 2018 10:35 PM

In drama we mostly see the victim. What's going on with Josh? I want know what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 283March 29, 2018 8:03 PM

David's a hot piece, I can understand why Josh would want some.

by Anonymousreply 284March 29, 2018 8:19 PM

I can't believe how long the Phelan storyline has dragged on for. The worst part is that the ending is going to be a total anticlimax, because most of the characters have already worked out that he's a villain anyway.

by Anonymousreply 285March 29, 2018 10:15 PM

From what I read R285 Todd was suppose to turn on Pat and expose him and it was going to be a battle of wits between the two but then Bruno pussy grabbed a couple of women in a bar was charged and was kicked off the show.

by Anonymousreply 286March 29, 2018 10:18 PM

I want Josh in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 287March 29, 2018 10:28 PM

So do I. He’s hot.

Josh was in it up to his eyeballs with Pat re the scam so I don’t know how he could expose him.

by Anonymousreply 288March 30, 2018 3:40 AM

Oops, I meant Todd is in it up to his eyeballs, not Josh.

by Anonymousreply 289March 30, 2018 3:40 AM

R289 correct but Todd was willing to stay quiet until he saw Pat doling out money and started to figure out he had come into money. Then seeing Pat with Vinnie's bag and Vinnie nowhere to be found he started getting suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 290March 30, 2018 4:43 PM

Bye bye Phelan. Well until June, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 291March 30, 2018 8:13 PM

Ain't that right, "Drearie"?"

by Anonymousreply 292March 31, 2018 3:47 PM

Friday’s episodes were AWFUL. Pat droning on and on, spewing exposition and quoting Shakespeare. I felt more sorry for Sue Cleaver (Eileen). She had that “I don’t know how the fuck I can play this shit” on her face.

by Anonymousreply 293April 1, 2018 3:22 AM

The script was embarrassing, R293. And the worst part is that you know that's not even the end of the storyline. You can tell Phelan will resurface during Britain's Got Talent week.

by Anonymousreply 294April 1, 2018 1:23 PM

David told Josh the day after the rape, "I can still feel it."

Goddamn! Josh must have thrown some long deep strokes.

by Anonymousreply 295April 1, 2018 9:08 PM

Josh has a treasure trail I want to trace with my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 296April 1, 2018 10:20 PM

And he has nipples I wanna suck on all night long.

by Anonymousreply 297April 1, 2018 11:18 PM

I like Shona, but I just realised whom she reminds me of:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 2, 2018 9:32 PM

Poor Eileen. I hope all the Deplorables end up like her when the shit hits the fan-“I DIDN’T KNOW ANYTHING!”

by Anonymousreply 299April 2, 2018 11:28 PM

Now Josh has his eyes on beefy Tyrone! He wants some of that phat booty!

by Anonymousreply 300April 3, 2018 1:21 AM

Phelan is alive? Good God.

by Anonymousreply 301April 3, 2018 5:04 AM

I suspected he would survive, but I thought they would keep it under wraps for a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 302April 3, 2018 4:40 PM

I’m glad they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 303April 3, 2018 8:55 PM

Nice shirtless scene with the guy who plays Josh last night. I hope he gets pummeled to death the night of the charity boxing night.

by Anonymousreply 304April 5, 2018 8:07 PM

Loving David's current story. You can tell a lot of work was put into it.

Josh is a great character. I'm into psychopaths who aren't murderers in soaps (the reverse being horribly tired and overdone of course, plus I find the body count of modern soaps to overly strain my suspension of disbelief). Manipulation, charm, the "mask of sanity." Ryan's eyes are so expressive. Josh looked truly predatory and voracious in that scene with David on the bed.

Jack is playing David's myriad emotions beautifully. I'm especially impressed by his portrayal of vulnerability and confusion at Josh's mind games. David as an angry or disaffected young man is very played out by now so I'm enjoying the current material more than I likely will the inevitable acting out he'll get up to. I hope he can find someone to talk to about what happened. Perhaps a fellow survivor, although I would like it to be a gay man to show that both gay and straight men can fall prey to sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 305April 6, 2018 12:03 PM

Well put, R305. I like what they’re doing with this storyline.

by Anonymousreply 306April 6, 2018 9:07 PM

Interest in Corrie went down ages ago, but keep popping into it once in a while, hoping to see one of the few guys that are good looking shirtless. Keep missing them.

Thanks to this thread, I tuned in and saw a hot guy's bod, just my luck I found out he must be the guy who raped David. Not seen this in a few months. Were they good friends or are they just aquaintances. Or are they enemies? Were there any hints to the reason he attacked Mr Platt.

by Anonymousreply 307April 7, 2018 3:33 AM

Not yet, R307. They became “buddies,” a type of relationship David has never really had before. Right now it seems like Josh was attracted to David and one night drugged and raped him because of that. I think in time it will be revealed there was more to it than that and it could have been a revenge rape.

by Anonymousreply 308April 7, 2018 4:23 AM

So the four episodes from Friday and Monday take place over two consecutive days if I'm right (I think Friday and Saturday). I've been enjoying Josh's machinations with Alya and David and the charity boxing was a visually pleasing event. And of course Jack is playing a blinder as per usual.

I find some of David's actions a bit hard to understand from the outside. There wasn't much reason for him to inform Josh that he was going to report him to the police, was there? Should have just done it. Also, I didn't quite get his motivation to press so hard to enter the bout against Gary, given that it would obviously put him and Josh in close proximity and give Josh a certain amount of power and authority over him, as we saw. David brained Gary to prove a point to Josh, but contrary to what the former said to the latter in the locker room in the aftermath, I don't think Josh is bricking it. He would probably see this as the clearest example yet of his hold over David. (Best evidence of this is his unhinged grin as it was going on rather than putting a stop to it.)

Overall David seems to be doing a lot of things that will entangle him further in Josh's web. The more he struggles, the stickier he gets. He'll need help from others to make it through, which I guess is one of the main points of the story.

A lot of the scenes between David and Josh are set up like those between two people who are having an affair. Given David's breakup with Shona, Josh's evasive behaviour when asked about David and the thick tension between David and Josh whenever they're together, I wouldn't be surprised if another character overhears something and gets the wrong end of the stick about them.

by Anonymousreply 309April 10, 2018 2:43 AM

Good points, R309. I’m also baffled by David’s clueing in to Josh.

by Anonymousreply 310April 10, 2018 5:08 AM

Perhaps David is in thrall of Josh. Haven't you seen anyone fight, push, and go against someone only to end up with them?

by Anonymousreply 311April 11, 2018 11:22 PM

I doubt that, R311.

Someone on another message board is going on and on that the actor who plays Josh is mixed race. He looks Greek to me. Or maybe Turkish or Arab.

by Anonymousreply 312April 12, 2018 12:01 AM

He's got a Facebook account. He's fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 12, 2018 12:48 AM

Oh god that mixed race thread on DS. Descended predictably into madness. Ryan has that striking combination of very light eyes and skin with very dark hair that confuses some people, I guess.

R311, I don't believe that's the show's intention. But I can see how David's actions might lead to that sort of interpretation. I don't think David is romantically interested in Josh but he does seem...drawn to him? After Dr Twunk asks him about the steroid use, David drives all the way to Josh's (the site of his ravishment), leans on the doorbell until a reluctant Josh lets him in, then immediately brings up the steroids as if trying to excuse what Josh had done. After he gets his answer he just stands around, refusing to leave for I don't know what reason. Previously he's said he just wants Josh out of his life, but when that wish has apparently been granted he rushes without delay to pull him back into it.

R311, there's precedent for an abusive pairing becoming a couple--Luke and Laura from General Hospital, the original soap supercouple, began with Luke raping Laura, and Brendan abused Ste on Hollyoaks for months before they were sold as star-crossed lovers--but there's basically no chance Corrie go there with these two. It would be a massive scandal and contradict everything they've said about what they're trying to do with this story.

Jack and Ryan have strong chemistry. Better than David and Shona have actually. It's too bad the actor has been used for this sexual assault/mental health story as he really could have worked in a bisexuality/sexual confusion storyline for David.

by Anonymousreply 314April 12, 2018 12:57 AM

I agree re David and a sexual confusion storyline but I just don’t think they’re going there with it. I think it will ultimately be about a heterosexual male who is the victim of a revenge rape.

by Anonymousreply 315April 12, 2018 1:19 AM

The kid who plays Simon is definitely mixed race. Which has never made any sense because both parents are white. I think in this case they chose talent (because he was very good as a child) over casting logic.

by Anonymousreply 316April 12, 2018 7:02 PM

Didn't Pat Phelan have a wife when we first met him years ago? What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 317April 12, 2018 10:26 PM

Aww they smile at each other before they kiss. Who's the guy on the left. He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 318April 12, 2018 10:46 PM

That's Bruno Langley, R318.

by Anonymousreply 319April 12, 2018 11:07 PM

Thanks R319. Here, have a smiley kiss yourself 😊😘

by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2018 2:39 AM

I hope Phelan returns and stomps on Simon to death.

by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2018 4:35 AM

There's no way in hell the writers would dream of getting David and Josh together. For starters, David has been part of the show for his whole life and has only ever showed interest in women. It would give out the impression that being raped somehow "turns" straight men gay or bisexual.

The General Hospital storyline aired at a time when rape was taken less seriously. I don't watch Hollyoaks so I can't comment on that one. Helplines for male survivors of sexual assault have reported a massive increase in calls since the episode where Josh raped David. To have the characters enter a relationship would be extremely insulting.

by Anonymousreply 322April 15, 2018 7:55 PM

R317 he said she dumped him when he went broke and ran off with another guy.

Saw the ep where Eileen kicks him into the sea while he's holding on for dear life but I imagine he's not dead yet.

by Anonymousreply 323April 15, 2018 8:05 PM

You need to see the ep after that, R323.

by Anonymousreply 324April 15, 2018 8:57 PM

We're about two weeks behind here in Vermont. We watch it on CBC Montreal.

by Anonymousreply 325April 15, 2018 9:24 PM

Ah, gotcha, R325. Well, the show wastes very little time getting around to the question of whether Phelan is dead or alive.

by Anonymousreply 326April 15, 2018 10:05 PM

We saw Phelan take the plunge this past Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 327April 15, 2018 11:11 PM

Told you I was hardcore.

by Anonymousreply 328April 16, 2018 12:31 AM

I thought it was flatly obvious that I don't think David and Josh will become a couple. Past examples of soaps having done similar things were supplied to try to explain why the person to whom I was responding might think what he did, i.e. to not come off as a complete cunt.

(On that note, another example I've thought of is Robert and Aaron on Emmerdale. A great love in which the partners beat each other up and one of them kidnaps and chains up the other whilst pointing a gun at his head, attempts to murder multiple members of his family, shoots his surrogate father, etc.)

Soaps have a dubious record on healthy relationships, yet I don't think David and Josh will become a couple as R311 suggests. These are the two observations I made. There's little reason to keep debating the notion since it's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 329April 16, 2018 3:15 AM

No fucking way is it happening. Any long term viewer is pretty clear about David’s sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 330April 16, 2018 4:17 AM

Goddamn Pat Phelan!

by Anonymousreply 331April 16, 2018 9:48 PM

David's treasure trail...YUM!

by Anonymousreply 332April 17, 2018 12:44 AM

I don’t get why Michelle reacted so badly to Carla fucking her son.

by Anonymousreply 333April 17, 2018 3:11 AM

Here's a clip of David's bulge bouncing around in gray sweatpants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2018 3:44 AM

^^^What a tease!

by Anonymousreply 335April 17, 2018 1:31 PM

Drunk Jenny is a pisser.

by Anonymousreply 336April 17, 2018 5:08 PM

RE: David Platt I can't think anyone I saw grow up as remotely hot.

by Anonymousreply 337April 17, 2018 10:54 PM

Josh training while shirtless...YUM!

by Anonymousreply 338April 18, 2018 4:48 PM

I really want to like the Kana story as a fellow gay but I mostly feel nonplussed. I feel like Rana and Kate have no chemistry and some of the plot beats have been ridiculous. Zeedan's writing is a mess and the actor's performances don't feel convincing. Yasmeen is pretty much the only good thing about all of it.

by Anonymousreply 339April 19, 2018 11:02 PM

I agree, R339. What exactly was supposed to happen to Rana in Pakistan? Was she to be held hostage by her relatives?

by Anonymousreply 340April 19, 2018 11:48 PM

The actress who plays Yasmeen has really grown on me. She’s apparently a lesbian in real life.

Zeedan leaves Weatherfield soon, maybe as early as tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 341April 19, 2018 11:50 PM

I think Phelan’s going go off Seb’s mother next, making it look like an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 342April 22, 2018 2:53 PM

Will Gail ever marry again?

by Anonymousreply 343April 22, 2018 3:43 PM

Who would have her?

by Anonymousreply 344April 22, 2018 6:12 PM

I don't know, Gail's still got a lovely pair of tits and a tight little ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 22, 2018 6:31 PM

But she's got no chin.

by Anonymousreply 346April 22, 2018 6:37 PM

Cannot stand that ginger whiner Chesney, he needs to be axed. The actress who plays fix and the actor who plays him are the weakest on the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 347April 22, 2018 10:28 PM

Gee, thanks, R345, I can’t unsee that now.

Chesney, Fizz, Sinead, Alya and the hambone in the wheelchair all need to get axed. But it won’t happen.

I like Emma, the new girl in the salon, though.

by Anonymousreply 348April 23, 2018 1:20 AM

Executuve producer just jumped before she got pushed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 24, 2018 12:50 AM

Where will Kate go now r349?

by Anonymousreply 350April 24, 2018 6:49 AM

Maybe EastEnders, R350?

by Anonymousreply 351April 25, 2018 1:33 AM

I agree, I cannot abide that character in the wheelchair, such a wet blanket. I cannot even recall the name, that's how little she adds to the show.

It was a masterstroke getting Carla back though - terrific character. Never a bad storyline plus she adds some much needed glamour to the street. Really hope she doesn't end up with Peter again though, he such dull compared to her. And his huge nose you could see from Rosamunde street!

Hope Pat finishes Big Eileen off this time, she's another awful character.

by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2018 10:13 AM

Izzy is the name of the hambone in the wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2018 3:03 PM

Rana's family just caught her and Kate bumpin' pussies. What's this shit with Robert using steroids? And flush Simon. Fucking little thug.

by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2018 10:30 PM

Mmmm isn't that chap who plays Rana's brother lovely?

Rosie's pussy must be saturated daily working in that tiny little office with both him and strapping Scottish Adam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2018 10:40 PM

Adam. Fuck, I'd love to blow his bagpipe.

by Anonymousreply 356April 27, 2018 10:42 PM

I's love a wicked 4-way with Adam, Imran (Rana's brother) and Aidan from the factory. I'd even let Norris watch

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2018 10:44 PM

Imran is handsome but, I fear, super hairy all over. Lovely voice, though.

The kid playing Max better lay off on the bacon butties or he’ll end up a fat fat fatty.

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2018 11:17 PM

He's a hot piece R355. I'd Josh him.

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2018 11:33 PM

I like the new waitress charaxter, Kayla. The rumor is she’s the daughter of the cop who got sent to prison for raping Bethany.

by Anonymousreply 360April 28, 2018 1:52 PM

So, they've revealed Aidan Connor's exit storyline (won't spoil the details, just in case anyone here hasn't heard about it). Between this, Phelan's killing spree, Bethany's abuse, Billy's heroin addiction, David's rape... Who hurt you, Kate Oates? Who hurt you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362May 1, 2018 7:03 PM

I think he’ll be back by Christmas, though.

by Anonymousreply 363May 1, 2018 11:07 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! AIDEN......

by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2018 1:58 PM

Last night’s episodes were great. The actress playing Jenny was very moving. I do love Toyah and her huge eyes.

by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2018 2:03 PM

Tonight Aidan appears on screen for the last time. This storyline for him was totally unexpected. I thought they'd just give him and Eva a happily ever after. Very courageous of them to raise this issue.

by Anonymousreply 366May 7, 2018 5:46 PM

R362 I don't see it as really homophobic. He is a straight man, who wants women. But, the women just assumed he was gay because of the character he played. So he felt like he had to act extremely straight to compensate.

by Anonymousreply 367May 7, 2018 5:53 PM

He was “off his head.” He was wildly inappropriate. He’s paying the price for it. The show should take him back eventually. I think the end of the year would be about right.

by Anonymousreply 368May 7, 2018 7:34 PM

Well, that was depressing.

by Anonymousreply 369May 7, 2018 8:55 PM

Wednesday will be worse :(

by Anonymousreply 370May 7, 2018 9:36 PM

I guess his quickness to accept giving up his kidney for Carla should have been a sign. He may have secretly been hoping to unexpectedly die on the operating table, taking his having to take his own life out of his own hands. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 371May 8, 2018 3:23 AM

It was revealed that the night he found out about Carla's need for a kidney he had planned to end his life. He was seen posting a letter which the producer later revealed was his suicide note. There were little hints throughout these last weeks.

by Anonymousreply 372May 8, 2018 7:32 PM

What doesn’t track for me is if the reason Aiden was suicidal because he “ruined lives” then why did he take his own life on the eve of Johnny and Jenny’s going off to Spain? Surely he knew his suicide would put a damper on things?

by Anonymousreply 373May 8, 2018 10:56 PM

I guess it had been building for months and he couldn't take anymore. It wasn't planned to fall that way. He was severely depressed, it's very common for someone that unhappy to feel people would be better off without them and it will be for the best in the long run if they died. Also, taking the blame and feeling you ruin people isn't an uncommon negative thought too. Very sad episode. Great acting to raise a very important point.

by Anonymousreply 374May 9, 2018 8:55 PM

I haven't been drawn into Corrie like that since the week of the tram crash back in 2010. I actually welled up a bit a few times (Eva talking to Shona, Gail's speech, Johnny standing by Aidan's body), and I hardly ever cry at TV shows. Never would have guessed I'd be crying over Shayne frigging Ward. I also liked that the final scene was with David & Shona instead of the Connors - it was a hopeful note to end on.

by Anonymousreply 375May 9, 2018 10:43 PM

R375 I'm with you, tonight's episode had me balling like a baby. If you told me I would ever be crying when Shayne Ward left Corrie, I'd told you you were crazy. But, they all were pitch perfect, tonight. My heart broke watching Johnny, and Gail's monologue really hit me, hard. I also, like how it took this tragedy to shake David into confiding about his rape. This is why soaps are my favorite kind of programme, because we get to experience these characters through their ups and downs like in no other genre, the audience gets to build a relationship with the characters that can never be duplicated in movies or regular primetime dramas. ITV could make a searing drama starring David Tennant about male suicide or rape, and I'm sure it would be well-written and well-acted, and haunting, but it could never have the impact of watching Aiden's family and friend's dealing with the aftermath of his suicide, or David Platt dealing with being raped, because I wouldn't know those characters, like I know Johnny, Carla, Eva, Maria, Gail, etc... from watching them multiple times a week, for multiple years. Long Live Corrie! and Long Live Soaps!

by Anonymousreply 376May 10, 2018 2:45 AM

David's cellmate looks freakishly like Aaron from Emmerdale. I Googled it and apparently a lot of other people had noticed too. It seems the actors aren't related.

by Anonymousreply 377May 14, 2018 10:20 PM

I'm wondering if Carla will contest Aidan's will.

by Anonymousreply 378May 15, 2018 2:31 AM

R378 Of course, she's not going to let that bitch get HER factory!

by Anonymousreply 379May 15, 2018 2:36 AM

Johnny’s anger is very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 380May 18, 2018 5:08 AM

I missed the Aidan death just seeing the aftermath but the producer Kate Oates has got good form for unexpected emotional deaths.

When she was on Emmerdale a knockout episode started with a mother coming into her teenage daughters bedroom of a morning, her and us gradually figuring out she had died overnight.

Came out of nowhere, she was an ex addict but was recovered. Don't think there were any soap spoilers for that and no one knew the actress was leaving. A lot of people said they were surprisingly affected for a while after that episode. A lot of it was so well done. Wished I'd been watching more over the last few weeks to see the Aidan storyline

by Anonymousreply 381May 18, 2018 10:43 AM

I think Holly’s death on Emmerdale is one of the most fantastic episodes ever on soaps. Incredible. They set it up so brilliantly.

by Anonymousreply 382May 18, 2018 11:23 AM

R382 Emmerdale is very good at shock deaths, Val's was shock, Gerry's this week was a surprise as well.

by Anonymousreply 383May 19, 2018 1:27 AM

Gerry’s wasn’t that much of a shock, though, I knew his number was up the minute he started questioning Lachlan about the car “accident.”

by Anonymousreply 384May 19, 2018 2:30 AM

I don't know, I was hoping Lachlan was finally going to get found out. And, I really wasn't expecting the large stone to the head, part.

by Anonymousreply 385May 19, 2018 3:26 AM

Apparently, it is being reported that Pat Phelan will meet his bloody end, for real next week. There will be so much blood and violence it is being shown after the watershed. There has never been anyone I wanted to see, killed graphically as much as PAT. I wish Anna was still on the show to deliver the final blow!

by Anonymousreply 386May 22, 2018 3:58 AM

Me too R386. Clearly Connor McIntyre is a great actor to be able to make a character so hated by everyone. Much like Callum played by Sean Ward, being killed, I will be very happy to see Pat die.

by Anonymousreply 387May 22, 2018 3:23 PM

I don’t want it to be an instant death, though. I’d want him to look up and see Anna sneering over him, knowing he was going to die.

by Anonymousreply 388May 22, 2018 3:55 PM

R388 Then she lifts up her skirts, lowers her knickers and sits on his face, smothering him. All the while moaning " You want some more of this again do you, you bastard". Be poetic justice

by Anonymousreply 389May 22, 2018 4:58 PM

I suspect Josh will be passionately probing Billy’s poop chute soon.

by Anonymousreply 390May 22, 2018 8:38 PM

What is a watershed?

by Anonymousreply 391May 22, 2018 8:41 PM

[quote]There will be so much blood and violence it is being shown after the watershed.

Pat's getting raped to death by Josh.

by Anonymousreply 392May 22, 2018 9:26 PM

Doesn’t after the watershed mean after 9 pm?

by Anonymousreply 393May 22, 2018 9:41 PM

The actors who played Pat (Connor McIntyre) and Michael (Les Dennis) will play the Ugly Stepsisters in the panto Cinderella in Manchester this coming December.

by Anonymousreply 394May 22, 2018 10:07 PM

Watershed means sex and violent material can be shown. In UK it's supposed to start from about 9pm and the later it gets, the more nudier, sexier and gorey the content becomes.

But they push the limits before the 9pm watershed way too much. I remember coming across a umpteen repeat of Midsommer Murders of a weekday afternoon. To see someone being graphically garotted in a car. And not a whisper was raised. Must just have been me watching.

by Anonymousreply 395May 22, 2018 10:28 PM

[quote] The actors who played Pat (Connor McIntyre) and Michael (Les Dennis) will play the Ugly Stepsisters in the panto Cinderella in Manchester this coming December.

Transphobia!

by Anonymousreply 396May 22, 2018 10:31 PM

I love Carla, adds much needed glamor and feistiness to the street. But if this were reality she'd been in a Psychiatric hospital by now..

by Anonymousreply 397May 22, 2018 11:27 PM

Just saw the episode where Shona confronts Josh about the rape.

by Anonymousreply 398May 23, 2018 9:05 PM

Josh is going to sex up Alya! Will she peg him?

by Anonymousreply 399May 24, 2018 8:55 PM

Alya is so fucking tiresome. That guy who Josh raped in his previous job is a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 400May 24, 2018 8:58 PM

I want the actor playing Josh in my, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 401May 24, 2018 11:20 PM

In me, that is. In my bum.

by Anonymousreply 402May 24, 2018 11:21 PM

We know what you meant R402, you slut!

by Anonymousreply 403May 24, 2018 11:48 PM

Jebus wept. The actor who plays Simon Barlow is going to be a dad at 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404May 25, 2018 10:13 PM

Oh God he’s so fucking creepy. I hope he gets written out.

by Anonymousreply 405May 26, 2018 1:03 AM

R404 So he is more stupid in real life than his character is on the show.

by Anonymousreply 406May 26, 2018 1:43 AM

Way to make me feel old! I was a teen when Peter knocked Lucy up. Peter was never hot, I don't know how he attracted so many ladies

by Anonymousreply 407May 26, 2018 8:08 AM

Guaranteed she's some chavy council flats slag who thinks she's got it made hooking a Corrie actor.

by Anonymousreply 408May 26, 2018 2:18 PM

Damn, I want Robert inside me quite deeply. Without the Freddie overbite, of course.

by Anonymousreply 409May 26, 2018 6:21 PM

Would a little boy actually say “I know who you are, Pat. And this isn’t a game”? No. He wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 410May 30, 2018 1:28 AM

^ The dialogue throughout the Phelan saga has been excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 411May 30, 2018 1:37 AM

Jesus, tonight’s episode was horrible. No wonder the executive producer got canned. She’s totally fucked up with the climax to the Phelan story.

by Anonymousreply 412May 31, 2018 1:01 AM

I'm just so beyond HAPPY that Anna is the one who got to kill that bastard!!!

by Anonymousreply 413June 2, 2018 2:46 AM

Yeah, that was good. But I really wish she got to hiss at him “Burn in hell, you piece of shit” before he drew his last breath.

by Anonymousreply 414June 2, 2018 5:15 AM

Haven't they aged Kevin's kid? I didn't notice until his scene with Phelan this week, but that isn't the same kid is it?

by Anonymousreply 415June 2, 2018 5:18 AM

Nice fucking spoiler R413, you cunt. Some of us outside the UK haven't seen those episodes yet you asshole.

by Anonymousreply 416June 2, 2018 12:12 PM

Imported Pine Valley water R415.

by Anonymousreply 417June 2, 2018 2:01 PM

It just won Best Soap at the British Soap Awards.

by Anonymousreply 418June 2, 2018 9:57 PM

Tonight's episode was pretty funny. Love Nigel Havers.

by Anonymousreply 419June 6, 2018 9:32 PM

He’s also hot looking for an old dude.

by Anonymousreply 420June 6, 2018 10:50 PM

Simon reeeally needs a slap.

by Anonymousreply 421June 11, 2018 9:56 PM

I've never seen an episode and not sure where to watch in the States. I've heard about some of the old characters.

But I DO love the theme song.

by Anonymousreply 422June 11, 2018 10:01 PM

R422 Hulu and Britbox both it.

by Anonymousreply 423June 11, 2018 10:23 PM

R416 I'm not in the UK either, I watch on Britbox in the USA, where episodes are posted the same day that they air in the UK. The title of the thread is Coronation Street on ITV, so therefore if you don't want spoilers start a thread that is tied to whatever backward schedule you are on.

by Anonymousreply 424June 11, 2018 10:27 PM

I don't watch Corrie, but I do know that John Kerr (formerly known as Sanders) - who played the starry-eyed incestuous student Nat on Brookside - is a head writer on it now. Sounds like he's doing quite a good job.

I'm just rewatching the Nat/Georgia plot on YT. It's compelling, and still yet to be repeated in terms of originality. I'm up to the part where the loving couple accidentally reveal their goings-on to the neighbourhood as they are simultaneously and mysteriously let off by the police after a charge. Then Georgia reveals she is pregnant...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 11, 2018 11:14 PM

I feel sorry for Johnny, but he is also getting on my fucking nerves. He needs to fight for the factory and stop treating Jenny like she killed Aidan.

by Anonymousreply 426June 12, 2018 3:20 AM

So does Pat suddenly have super human strength? That dog pile in Eileen's house was a bit absurd.

by Anonymousreply 427June 12, 2018 11:34 PM

R426, ITA. Johnny’s character is being ruined. Jenny lost a child, too, for fuck’s sake. And he better not bang Liz.

by Anonymousreply 428June 12, 2018 11:36 PM

Alya is such a such a BITCH, I hope Carla cuts her down, soon.

by Anonymousreply 429June 14, 2018 2:42 AM

Alya’s unintentionally hilarious grieving over Luke was amusing but BITCH HAS GOT TO GO.

by Anonymousreply 430June 14, 2018 2:46 AM

Well Pat's dead. I pretty much disliked Anna as I found Debbie Rush's overacting infuriating, but watching her watch Pat die was quit enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 431June 14, 2018 8:28 PM

R431 can I ask you what country you are in? I'm just wondering about the different schedules that Corrie runs on, if you are just now getting to Pat's death?

by Anonymousreply 432June 14, 2018 8:36 PM

I'm in Canada R432 and I saw the death episode yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 433June 14, 2018 8:38 PM

R433 is there any good reason that Canada is so far behind? I watch in the US on the BBC/ITV streaming service and we get it same day. I find it weird that Canada is two weeks behind on Corrie a British soap, and one day ahead on the American soap The Young & The Restless. Surely, they could do something to catch up to the British schedule. It is why I HATE discussing it online, if I watch it and want to discuss it, people jump up and down that I'm spoiling it. But, how can I know what schedule others are going to be on.

by Anonymousreply 434June 14, 2018 8:48 PM

R434 we used to be behind by one year. Then the CBC started running fours hours worth of shows until we caught up.

by Anonymousreply 435June 14, 2018 10:18 PM

R435 How many hours are they running now? Because Corrie now airs six shows or three hours a week?

by Anonymousreply 436June 14, 2018 10:36 PM

I think Britbox is now in Canada, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 437June 14, 2018 10:50 PM

Coronation Street is on CBC in Montreal.

by Anonymousreply 438June 14, 2018 11:03 PM

R436 the CBC shows one hour on Monday and 30 minutes Tuesday to Friday.

by Anonymousreply 439June 15, 2018 6:27 PM

We are the CBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440June 15, 2018 9:22 PM

Who gives a fuck about the CBC? This is Coronation Street on ITV.

by Anonymousreply 441June 16, 2018 1:11 AM

Liz letting Johnny bang her with his thick beer can cock? So wrong.

by Anonymousreply 442June 16, 2018 2:33 AM

[italic]thick beer can cock[/italic]? Keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 443June 16, 2018 1:06 PM

Good God, when will Fizz and Sean get the fuck away? They’re both awful characters played by atrocious actors.

by Anonymousreply 444June 18, 2018 10:51 PM

Michelle is horrible. Wish she were leaving instead of Eva.

by Anonymousreply 445June 21, 2018 9:19 PM

I’ll be fast forwarding through Sean’s upcoming homeless storyline.

I know some people can’t stand Michelle but I like her. The actress reminds me of Mariska Hargitay.

by Anonymousreply 446June 21, 2018 9:21 PM

Sean is a very irritating character, badly acted by Antony Cotton. Maybe this homeless story will be the making of him, Sean/Cotton.

Anyway, there's an upcoming couger lesbian story for Sophie, might be fun to watch Sally's reaction.

by Anonymousreply 447June 21, 2018 10:05 PM

Get well soon, Norris!

by Anonymousreply 448June 22, 2018 3:56 AM

Get well soon beloved Norris!

I cannot stand Fiz or Sean and both actors are indeed amongst the worst along with that permanently scowling ginger nut Chesney.

Who here loves Carla and Gail? They are my favourites along with Ken and departed Deirdre.

by Anonymousreply 449June 27, 2018 5:31 PM

Carla is probably my favourite. I was finding Gail deeply annoying a few years ago but I like her now.

by Anonymousreply 450June 27, 2018 6:07 PM

Would someone please hit Johnny with a brick?

by Anonymousreply 451June 27, 2018 8:02 PM

Somebody buy Gail a chin, please.

by Anonymousreply 452June 27, 2018 11:21 PM

Awww, poor chinless Gail. Helen Worth is a really good actress, though.

I think Flora will croak at her 1950s going away party and her $$$ will go to Daniel/Sinead. They’ll use most of it to pay back the ones Vinnie/Harvey swindled and then will get married and leave Weatherfield.

by Anonymousreply 453June 28, 2018 12:15 AM

You can watch Coronation Street on the app Britbox in the US. It's about. $7 a month. I prefer Eastenders.

by Anonymousreply 454June 28, 2018 1:00 AM

I watch all three of the main soaps (CS, EE and Emmerdale) on Britbox and Hollyoaks on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 455June 28, 2018 1:08 AM

It's not on here in London tonight because of this bloody football. The actress who plays Emily Bishop has one of the easiest jobs ever. She has about 10 scenes per year but still gets paid a King's ransom. If they paid by the scene she'd be bankrupt!

by Anonymousreply 456June 28, 2018 6:37 PM

Emily hasn't even appeared on Corrie for two and a half years now, R456. The actress initially said she was taking a six-month break. I'm pretty sure she's not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 457June 28, 2018 6:52 PM

So stupid to send someone her age to Peru to do charity work. Who else do we think should be axed along with Fiz, Sean and Chesney?

by Anonymousreply 458June 28, 2018 6:59 PM

I don't mind Emily R458 but I do hate Fiz, Sean and Chesney.

by Anonymousreply 459June 28, 2018 7:05 PM

I like her R459 I hope she comes back. Norris will try to redecorate her living room which hasn't changed since the 1970s!

I would also like to see the back of that horrid whiny bore in the wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 460June 28, 2018 7:16 PM

R458 - in addition to those three, I'd axe Kevin, Robert & Gary. They're all so bland.

by Anonymousreply 461June 28, 2018 7:18 PM

I'd love a threeway with Adam and Imran in their pokey little office. Mmm

by Anonymousreply 462June 28, 2018 7:30 PM

Fizz, Chesney, Izzy, Sean, Kate, Johnny, Simon, Jude, Craig, Kirk, Daniel and Sinead should all go IMO. And Amy should be recast.

by Anonymousreply 463June 29, 2018 4:48 AM

Well, listen to Ena Sharples at r463!

by Anonymousreply 464June 29, 2018 10:47 AM

I agree with R463 apart from Jude. He's a bland character but I find him hot. And I quite like Daniel but not Sinead who is rather dumb.

You're right about Amy, she could be a better character with the right actress playing her. And I wish they brought Sol Herras back as Ryan as he was gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 465June 29, 2018 10:56 AM

I like this Ryan, though. He’s got a looseness and ease in the role already. I’m just wondering if he’ll be the top in the Ryan/Allie relationship.

by Anonymousreply 466June 29, 2018 6:09 PM

Every actor they've cast to play Ryan has been shit.

by Anonymousreply 467June 29, 2018 7:05 PM

Sinead & Daniel are getting married? She nearly married Chesney a few months ago. These people are awfully fickle. And now Steve's on his eighty-fourth wedding.

by Anonymousreply 468June 29, 2018 8:30 PM

I don't get the "Love" for Steve MacDonald. He's a lazy, unfunny gorm.

by Anonymousreply 469June 29, 2018 11:00 PM

Totally agree R469 He was moderately attractive when younger in the show but the actor himself is so mediocre and charmless. He'll become the new Ken Barlow though as he's unlikely to get work elsewhere and some fans seem to like him.

by Anonymousreply 470June 29, 2018 11:25 PM

I think he’s OK in the comedy bits, not so much in the drama bits.

I think Eileen will return in the fall and both Jason and Todd will be back by Christmas. And I think Jason and Bethany will be a couple which will re-ignite the feud between the Grimshaws and the Platts.

by Anonymousreply 471June 29, 2018 11:41 PM

The Todd actor was sacked and later found guilty of sexual assault. He ain't never coming back. And the Jason actor was in Home and Away for a time.

I can't stand Eileen, let's cull her too. They just need one big accident or mishap to kill all these bad characters off.

by Anonymousreply 472June 30, 2018 10:32 AM

Here's comes the tram R472!

by Anonymousreply 473June 30, 2018 3:01 PM

Never say never, R472. He’ll be back eventually. He behaved like an asshole at a nightclub, he wasn’t systematically stalking or harrassing/assaulting anyone,

The actor who plays Jason only went to Australia for a short period of time. He has a daughter with the actress who plays Sarah. He’ll definitely be back.

by Anonymousreply 474June 30, 2018 4:19 PM

Is Seb legal yet?

by Anonymousreply 475July 2, 2018 6:22 PM

If Eccles dies, I'm never watching this show again.

by Anonymousreply 476July 2, 2018 9:00 PM

[quote] I can't stand Eileen, let's cull her too.

I thought they already wrote her out a couple weeks ago? Is she returning?

by Anonymousreply 477July 2, 2018 9:31 PM

I really hate Michelle. How long is she going to milk Ruairi's death for? She didn't give two shits about Ali but won't shut up about the dead baby. She's a whore who fucks any guy who owns a business then when she ruins them, she moves onto the next guy. Skank

by Anonymousreply 478July 3, 2018 12:19 AM

R477, the producer has said they’re “resting” Eileen and she’ll be back later in the year.

I wonder where this Maria/Audrey situation will lead.

by Anonymousreply 479July 3, 2018 2:14 AM

Ken Barlow is the most self-righteous prick on the street.

by Anonymousreply 480July 3, 2018 11:52 PM

Cruelty to dogs always gets me. If Eccles had died I would have hated Tyler more than Phelan.

I hope Peter and Toyah don't get back together. I like her more than him. I always thought that was a strange pairing. What do they have in common?

by Anonymousreply 481July 5, 2018 3:48 PM

How will Jack get a girlfriend without a foot?

by Anonymousreply 482July 12, 2018 4:20 AM

Maybe he'll get a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 483July 12, 2018 5:04 AM

[quote]How will Jack get a girlfriend without a foot?

What?

[quote]Maybe he'll get a boyfriend.

Yeah, the actor does appear to be a gayling.

by Anonymousreply 484July 12, 2018 12:19 PM

Sean has no reason to be fussy.

by Anonymousreply 485July 12, 2018 1:10 PM

Caught up on the last few episodes. When I read the previews saying that David would break down and tell Billy what happened to him after he confronted him about the homophobic remarks, I rolled my eyes. It sounded so contrived. But it actually worked pretty well. Jack P Shepherd managed to play it just right.

Poor little Jack. Strangely, amputation is one of the very few subjects I don't think ever seen covered on a soap before.

by Anonymousreply 486July 12, 2018 4:15 PM

Shepherd really did play it very well. He’s one of the show’s better actors.

by Anonymousreply 487July 12, 2018 4:21 PM

Carla just cribbed a line from our own dear Meryl Streep, claiming she had never seen a real potato until she left him. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 488July 13, 2018 7:47 PM

R486 They did an amputation story on Home and Away just a couple years ago with Maddy Osborne. Also, I remember on American soap, Days of Our Lives, the character of Phillip Kiriakis got called up to go to Iraq and came back with a lower leg amputation.

by Anonymousreply 489July 13, 2018 8:25 PM

Craig is pretty much obese now. He needs gastric bypass surgery.

by Anonymousreply 490July 14, 2018 1:20 AM

Only on TV could someone like Craig have two hot chicks chasing after him.

by Anonymousreply 491July 14, 2018 1:22 AM

He's not as minging as Chesney

by Anonymousreply 492July 14, 2018 4:26 PM

He’s still unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 493July 14, 2018 6:40 PM

At least Kayla's only after him for revenge, R491.

by Anonymousreply 494July 14, 2018 8:16 PM

Antony Cotton has ripped into a journalist on Twitter. Yes, he has a right to respond to criticism, but it wouldn't kill him to do it a bit more maturely. He's 42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 14, 2018 8:44 PM

Kayla does have a nice bum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 15, 2018 11:47 PM

Her teeth are foul, though.

by Anonymousreply 497July 16, 2018 12:09 AM

How is Sally intending to pay back the missing money? Selling her body at lunchtimes down by the Town Hall?

by Anonymousreply 498July 16, 2018 6:36 PM

I hope the writers get Peter and Carla back together again. He has so much more chemistry with her than he's had with any of his (many, many) other love interests.

by Anonymousreply 499July 17, 2018 2:16 AM

Johnny is so fucking unbearable now and those scenes with him and Liz in Monday night’s episodes were dreadful. They have no chemistry and it made her character look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 500July 18, 2018 3:11 AM

And once again, Sally's pussy betrays her. This time she didn't even get a used Morris Minor out of it.

by Anonymousreply 501July 25, 2018 11:45 PM

So Bethany just lets Kayla get away with it because she's suffered enough? Kayla's a full-blown psycho! She deliberately left the gas on in Craig's flat, even though she could have killed him or Kate and Rana!

Also, when did Bethany find out that David was raped? Shona said something to her about how she wished David was coping as well with what happened to him as she was. I remember the episodes where Gail, Audrey and Sarah found out, but not Bethany.

by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2018 2:23 PM

I don’t think there ever was a scene when Bethany found out about David. Shame since they obviously have something in common now as victims of sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 503July 29, 2018 4:32 PM

I get that Adam is going off to France with Eva, but why did Eva hand Suzie off to him, then get in the cab by herself and exit?

by Anonymousreply 504July 29, 2018 8:27 PM

They left together in the cab. She’s returning for Aiden’s inquest, though.

by Anonymousreply 505July 30, 2018 12:54 PM

R505 Thanks. It took me another view or two before I could see what looks like his head sitting opposite her in the cab. Missed that. When they did her final shot, all you can see is her staring out alone.

by Anonymousreply 506July 30, 2018 9:37 PM

That kid who plays Kylie’s son really needs to lay off the chips in gravy. He’s only 12 or so and has boobs.

by Anonymousreply 507July 31, 2018 1:07 AM

On that subject, are we to believe Craig could pass the fitness test to become a police officer? He seems seems 'out of breath' just walking into a room sometimes.

Do they still go by the "bleep test." No. 3 isn't as fat as Craig and he failed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 31, 2018 2:02 AM

Good point, R508. Craig is disgustingly overweight.

by Anonymousreply 509July 31, 2018 3:07 AM

Craig is a ridiculous choice for a police officer. Look how easily manipulated he was by Kayla. He never once seemed suspicious of the fact that his new girlfriend was utterly obsessed with Bethany and kept bringing the conversation back round to her.

by Anonymousreply 510July 31, 2018 7:28 PM

And let's not forget about his OCD. I realize this can be controlled, but still - at this point, he's still always questioning and second guessing his actions. An armed police officer can't really be like that.

He's more your unarmed rent-a-cop in a shopping mall material.

by Anonymousreply 511July 31, 2018 9:04 PM

Do they need a youthful American character? Under age 25? I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 512July 31, 2018 9:18 PM

R512, piss off, ye sad twat!

by Anonymousreply 513July 31, 2018 9:37 PM

Kylie beats Bethany in the face and there are no bruises. And she and Craig not going to the. police is not believable.

by Anonymousreply 514July 31, 2018 9:45 PM

I'm not buying Sean's homelessness storyline. The Street is full of people who are perfectly happy to let randoms lodge with them. It's too much of a stretch to imagine that Sean's pride would be this strong. He would know that Eileen would take him in if necessary. So would Billy, awkward though it would be to go crawling to the ex who dumped him for his mate.

by Anonymousreply 515August 1, 2018 11:20 PM

R515 I'm not buying it either. .. So far, it reminds me of the similarly eye-rolling story that EastEnders did last year with the Denise character when she suddenly had no job and no money, and therefore no way to feed herself. .. Yet, at the time, Denise had a fairly well-off sister on the square, not to mention a caring boyfriend who would certainly have helped her out, but she was "too proud" to tell anyone of her dire circumstances. Denise was soon starving and digging food out of trash bins rather than ask anyone for help. .. It became almost laughable. .. In contrast, I think the homeless story that Hollyoaks did earlier this year with teenager Peri Lomax and the two homeless teens she became friends with while living on the street was very well done.

by Anonymousreply 516August 2, 2018 12:03 AM

Eastenders is like a pantomime play. Everyone is overplayed caricatures. I happen to love it but don't expect it to be even slightly realistic. They are all Cockney comic types . But the lack of any realism, mentioned above, in Coronation Street, bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 517August 2, 2018 12:13 AM

Jack’s leg post amputation looks good, though. He’s such a sweet kid.

by Anonymousreply 518August 2, 2018 12:17 AM

R518 Yeah, isn't he? .. And I loved how Jack (Kyran Bowes) delivered his last line in this scene with Phelan. .. I just voted for him as "Best Young Actor" for the Inside Soap Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 2, 2018 12:34 AM

R519, I hope he wins it.

by Anonymousreply 520August 2, 2018 1:15 PM

Is the Vicar going to try to get Josh to repent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521August 2, 2018 7:11 PM

Maybe they’ll end up in bed together.

by Anonymousreply 522August 2, 2018 7:32 PM

Why does Billy feel so guilty about Josh getting beaten up? He really didn't do anything wrong. Should he just have let that bloke hang out with Josh without warning him that he was a rapist?

I normally like Gemma but I'm finding her quite unpleasant during this Rovers storyline. And the actor who plays Henry is awful.

by Anonymousreply 523August 6, 2018 10:16 PM

Josh makes a hot blind guy. I’d love to see him in Butterflies Are Free transferred to Manchester with Denise Black playing his mom.

by Anonymousreply 524August 6, 2018 11:01 PM

Will Vicar Billy try to get Blind Josh to REPENT and SUBMIT to God ... right into his bed?

by Anonymousreply 525August 8, 2018 8:57 PM

I think that’s what’s happening. And who can blame Billy?

by Anonymousreply 526August 8, 2018 9:23 PM

YAY! so glad Carla has got her factory back. She works best in there and not as a loose character sitting in the café or pub. And she looks great again.

by Anonymousreply 527August 11, 2018 7:51 AM

Adam Barlow is the hottest guy on the Street. I want him in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 528August 12, 2018 10:49 PM

Join the queue, cock.

by Anonymousreply 529August 12, 2018 11:08 PM

Jude & Angie are so dull I had to Google their names before I posted this. I can't understand who on Earth thought they'd make interesting characters.

by Anonymousreply 530August 14, 2018 12:50 AM

Hel-LO, Aldi. But since he’s obviously jailbait I guess that’s as far as this should go.

by Anonymousreply 531August 14, 2018 12:52 AM

^^^What?

by Anonymousreply 532August 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Dev’s son, R532. He’s actually turning into a handsome kid.

by Anonymousreply 533August 14, 2018 12:33 PM

How sexy is the new Ryan? He is a great addition to the show. I hope they make him bi....would love to see him hook up with a guy. I read online that him and his " brother" Ali might end up together....but even though they aren't blood related, it'd be kind of weird ....but story worthy!

by Anonymousreply 534August 14, 2018 1:14 PM

I read that rumour, R534, and initially thought, "But isn't that incest?" Then I remembered that they aren't actually related, nor were they raised as brothers.

by Anonymousreply 535August 14, 2018 2:25 PM

No, they were switched at birth. That old chestnut.

by Anonymousreply 536August 14, 2018 3:57 PM

Absurd that Roy wouldn't have the money to loan Carla for the factory. He inherited from Hayley who inherited a house way back. And he'd a miser. Sloppy story-telling.

I think Imran and Adam are the ideal combo for a threeway..

by Anonymousreply 537August 16, 2018 11:16 PM

r537, I want Adam's thick uncut cock ramming my poo hole.

by Anonymousreply 538August 16, 2018 11:44 PM

Billy is a pretty rubbish vicar, isn't he? He went along with Todd's lie to the police about Callum and Tony, he's never handed himself in for killing Susan, he took smack, he used his position as vicar to distract Rana's mum...

by Anonymousreply 539August 17, 2018 8:41 PM

Billy is played by my friend Julie, which is why he acts that way. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 540August 17, 2018 9:09 PM

Billy's talent as a vicar lies in wearing cute, little polka-dot clerical shirts (with appropriately rolled-up short-sleeves), while sporting a snug pair of slim-fit pants along with a fashionable, designer messenger bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541August 17, 2018 9:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542August 17, 2018 9:11 PM

We'll deflower him.

by Anonymousreply 543August 17, 2018 9:12 PM

Sean’s homeless story is awful.

by Anonymousreply 544August 17, 2018 10:47 PM

I know, R544. And you just KNOW that it'll end with Sean telling one of his friends the truth and them immediately saying, "Oh, why didn't you say something? You can sleep in my box room!" If that's the case, it's a bit tacky to portray homelessness as so easily fixable. I know soaps aren't known for their realism, but at least with storylines like Aidan's suicide/Bethany's abuse/Rana coming out you can show the long-term effects on the characters. Sean's problem will be solved as soon as he finds somewhere to stay.

by Anonymousreply 545August 17, 2018 11:12 PM

Exactly, R545. Eileen is probably the one to take him in.

by Anonymousreply 546August 18, 2018 1:04 AM

So he'd rather sit outside begging with a cup, than confide in a friend. So stupid.

And why didn't Sean tell Jenny who the vodka was for? She's the one who directed Sean to get rid of the homeless guy from the pub. He should have told her that he was able to get the guy to leave without causing any trouble by promising him the jar of vodka. That's basically what happened. It may not be kosher, but Jenny's the one who told Sean to handle it. If she thought he did it wrong, I don't think she would have fired him over that.

by Anonymousreply 547August 18, 2018 1:17 AM

True.. Tim not believing Sally is also incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 548August 18, 2018 2:24 AM

Bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 549August 18, 2018 11:41 AM

When will Sean start turning tricks? He and Leanne can go on the stroll together.

by Anonymousreply 550August 19, 2018 1:28 PM

LOL Sean turning tricks. That would get him about £3. It's a stupid storyline, as someone pointed out he just needs to open up to either Carla to get a job, Jenny for the same reason or Eileen/Norris for a sofa. Or Manchester housing service for a bed in a hostel and housing benefit.

by Anonymousreply 551August 20, 2018 6:40 PM

Boo hoo hoo ho hoo ... blah blah blah blah blah ... ALL BETTER NOW !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 20, 2018 8:00 PM

I wish Carla would get another handbag

by Anonymousreply 553August 20, 2018 8:11 PM

It matches her face R553, old and leathery.

by Anonymousreply 554August 21, 2018 12:52 AM

God, this Duncan/Sally storyline is such a fucking snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 555August 21, 2018 12:54 AM

Corrie life lessons: if you ever end up homeless, just tell your ex and they'll let you move in with them!

Is Summer meant to be the most resilient adolescent in the world? In the space of a year her dad dies, she gets shoved from pillar to post, people drift in and out of her life, her guardian ends up on smack, and now she's perfectly happy that some bloke she barely knows has moved into her home.

Audrey is a pretty rubbish mum for getting together with Lewis after what he did to Gail. The ABBA bit was funny, though.

by Anonymousreply 556August 22, 2018 10:03 PM

Well you know what will happen is that Billy brings Josh in to stay with them and Sean can’t abide staying in the same place as a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 557August 22, 2018 10:17 PM

I wonder if we'll see more of homeless prostitute Carol. Sean and Billy could definitely help her out to bring a stronger message out of the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 558August 22, 2018 10:29 PM

Ew Sean unwashed and smelly. Makes him more gross than normal

by Anonymousreply 559August 22, 2018 11:09 PM

Carol has been on the street before playing a record store worker and a social worker.

by Anonymousreply 560August 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Please no more of Carol. She’s dreary. And besides we already have Abi.

by Anonymousreply 561August 23, 2018 2:00 AM

Is Cadbury still the Nation’s favourite?

by Anonymousreply 562August 24, 2018 2:12 AM

^ I'd forgotten about those Cadbury adverts. That takes me back. I like the meerkats, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 24, 2018 2:33 AM

What would I ran see in an aging tart like Leanne? Sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 564August 24, 2018 6:14 PM

Isn’t Imran just a place holder until Nick returns?

by Anonymousreply 565August 24, 2018 6:33 PM

Is the Tina actress coming back?

by Anonymousreply 566August 24, 2018 8:52 PM

I thought Billy was only helping Sean out as a mate, but they're hinting that they're going to get back together. Bleugh.

I quite enjoyed those two episodes, though it did get a bit OTT at points (especially when the two posh boys tackled Henry).

by Anonymousreply 567August 24, 2018 9:22 PM

The Sean/homeless story was terrible. I thought Antony Cotton's acting would rise to the occasion (such as it was) but it didn't. Henry is sort of cute. Would be hilarious if Vicar Billy started a thing with poor, blind Josh, but I think Josh is due to exit.

by Anonymousreply 568August 24, 2018 9:59 PM

Henry is sexy, I'd love to see his uncut cock.

Silly plot detail of Rita suddenly getting that money. Don't investments send regular updates? And what if she'd died, it wasn't included in her will?

Agreed, they maybe cut the Sean storyline short when they saw he couldn't do it justice.

by Anonymousreply 569August 24, 2018 10:19 PM

I was laughing at Sean's hair. He's supposedly been homeless for weeks, but somehow he still had a perfect-looking fade on the sides, and no sign of scruff on his face from not being able to shave? And why bring up weight loss, when it's obvious the guy hasn't lost a pound?

There was something similar with the Haley character on EastEnders. She was supposedly sleeping rough and out on the street before the Slaters finally took her in, But every time they showed her on the street, she had the most perfectly-manicured fingernails with very flashy red nail polish like she'd just had them done.

by Anonymousreply 570August 25, 2018 7:24 PM

Are the two "Posh Thugs" (per the end credits) who are after Henry supposed to be a gay couple?

They remind me of the two "Tough Guys" named "Bob & Cedric" who appeared in "Seinfeld" a few times.

by Anonymousreply 571August 25, 2018 7:31 PM

R570 the actor didn't want to challenge himself to invest in the plot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 25, 2018 7:40 PM

Even teen Peri Lomax on Hollyoaks was better at being homeless. As time went on her long hair kept getting greasier and more tangled. And I actually got a tear in my eye when we learned her friend on the streets, Dean, had died. His was a short, but compelling performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 25, 2018 7:52 PM

Joanna Lumley might do a guest stint

by Anonymousreply 574August 25, 2018 8:32 PM

As Ken’s old girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 575August 25, 2018 9:47 PM

Yes most likely, maybe she'll have mother Ed another sprogg he knew nothing of...

by Anonymousreply 576August 27, 2018 6:19 PM

Her character name was Elaine when she was on the show in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 577August 27, 2018 6:36 PM

So Chesney and Gemma arranged to have Henry quite possibly murdered? Isn't that a slight overreaction, annoying though he is? Maybe they thought the posh thugs were such wimps that they wouldn't do him any real harm.

by Anonymousreply 578August 27, 2018 8:04 PM

Chesney is such a dull and unattractive character, he needs the axe

by Anonymousreply 579August 27, 2018 8:13 PM

Chesney, Fizz, Sean and the bitch in the wheelchair all deserve the axe.

by Anonymousreply 580August 27, 2018 9:36 PM

Good! That fop Henry is gone.

I still want Adam to rough fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 581August 28, 2018 12:51 AM

I wanted to get double teamed by Maria’s dead husband Liam (he went on to Downton Abbey, of course) and that Scottish guy, can’t remember his name,

by Anonymousreply 582August 28, 2018 2:15 AM

The guy that killed Liam R582?

by Anonymousreply 583August 28, 2018 11:21 PM

Yeah, R583. The actor was Gray O’brien. I thought he was fucking hot. Loved his Scottish accent.

by Anonymousreply 584August 29, 2018 4:17 AM

Mm I liked Tony Gordon's hot brother in his kilt as best man at Tony & Carla's wedding. She wore red lol. Yea Liam was hot. R580 I feel entirely the same! All of them gone!

by Anonymousreply 585August 29, 2018 4:39 AM

MMM If I came home to Jude cooking lunch for me I slip hig big cock out and ride it all afternoon. Hehe

by Anonymousreply 586August 31, 2018 7:52 PM

Is Jude hairy? Is he a bear? Verificatia of size meat?

by Anonymousreply 587August 31, 2018 8:11 PM

Mary should remind Angie of THAT.

by Anonymousreply 588August 31, 2018 8:12 PM

R587 He looks to have a light dusting on his chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 31, 2018 8:24 PM

And here are his legs - tending more to a lighter ginger color.

I wonder if extends to his butt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590August 31, 2018 8:26 PM

And I really like the bearded look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 31, 2018 8:27 PM

Oooo. Mamma like! Mamma like!!!!

by Anonymousreply 592August 31, 2018 8:46 PM

I got hard from R590's pic. I lurve hairy legs.

by Anonymousreply 593August 31, 2018 10:17 PM

Those legs are delish.

. Here's another shot showing the upper chest from the Corrie makeup room last week. Looks a little furrier than at R589.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 31, 2018 10:52 PM

Pits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595August 31, 2018 10:57 PM

Leanne is really getting on my nerves. It's not like Carla left Simon so she could get a manicure, she was just taking care of Sinead.

by Anonymousreply 596August 31, 2018 11:00 PM

They’re trying to bring “feisty” Leanne back. And it doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 597August 31, 2018 11:22 PM

I started the topic of Jude. he's one of the few hotties in the show atm. His wife has aspirations of Adam. If I were her I'd suggest a threesome

by Anonymousreply 598August 31, 2018 11:39 PM

How come Audrey's house has a completely different layout and more space even though it's meant to be the same place?

by Anonymousreply 599September 1, 2018 1:41 PM

Jesus fucking Christ! What are they doing with Leanne? She's turned into a ball busting bitch.

by Anonymousreply 600September 3, 2018 10:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!