Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you go on a date with a handsome 40 year old if he told you he was also HIV+?

Met a really nice and handsome guy this past week. We really hit it off when were introduced by a mutual friend. I invited him to dinner this week and while we were talking he disclosed that he was HIV+. I said well, I guess we'll have to be extra careful then and left it at that. The thing is, I'm not sure I can really be as open as I hoped to with a partner who is HIV+. Shame me all you want. I am really trying to get past this, but wondering how the DL would handle? Lord help me.

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2020 2:09 AM

yes.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2016 8:04 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2016 8:30 PM

His honesty and forthrightness would certainly get me on a first date. Inner attractiveness, intelligence, sense of humor and confidence would get me on the second.

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2016 8:31 PM

Yes, especially with prep. But no bare backing

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2016 8:37 PM

NO

the fact that someone has HIV tells a lot about him and his sexual promiscuity

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2016 8:41 PM

I don't date people with HIV or any other STI. My health is most important

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2016 8:42 PM

Yep. I'm not poz phobic, because I'm educated on the [bold]real[/bold] facts about HIV treatment and prevention.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2016 8:48 PM

OP, you have nothing to feel shame about. I personally would never date someone who was poz, unless they were rich. Sue me. I'm sorry, I'm a young guy and theres just too many available dudes for me to deal with that type of baggage, and risk my health. HIV is still a deadly disease and though very manageable who knows how this things might mutate, health care might change, etc. The point I'm making-- I would never allow myself to get to attached to and fall in love with someone who is poz.

OP, I'm guessing you are older than your guy so your options may be a bit more limited. I can understand. That was very big of him to be open about this on the first date. Do what feels right. Just know that you are making a life altering decision and be ready to put up with all health precautions that this relationship will entail. You might fall in love. Best.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2016 8:49 PM

I am also 40

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2016 9:54 PM

...My reference for myself is QAF's Michael and Ben. I grew up with an extremely intense fear of HIV, coming of age during Lord Lucifer Ronald Reagan's presidency. So I would have to be REALLY attracted to the guy, but yeah. If he was the one that made my pulse quicken, and gave me butterflies...yes. The heart wants who it wants... Safe sex and common sense... Yes, I would.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2016 10:24 PM

Don't force yourself to do something you intrinsically feel uncomfortable with just for the sake of "PC behavior." No one is going to give you a medal for dating someone who's poz. At the end of the day, you need to do what you feel comfortable with, with no guilt. And if you really don't think you can go through with it, it's best to not see him again, because as shitty as he might think your stance is, it will be even worse if you lead him on and make him think it's not a problem, then dump him four or five dates down the line.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2016 10:29 PM

No. And No.

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2016 10:57 PM

Pretty much everyone over 40 who's gay is HIV+ or lying about it

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2016 11:33 PM

I'd date him so long as he was a total bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2016 11:38 PM

Tell us OP, would you go on a date with a sweet and intelligent 40 year old who was below average in looks and HIV negative?

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2016 12:16 AM

Yes R15 I probably would

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2016 6:46 PM

OP must be a bug hunter

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2016 6:48 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2016 6:58 PM

Everyone send their shit to R13's house. He's losing his.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2016 7:20 PM

Does dating him mean him barebacking you and swallowing his load...no then. If it means going to dinner and getting to know one another, why not?

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2016 7:25 PM

If he's ordinary joe, then NO.

If he's rich as fuck then YES.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2016 7:36 PM

[quote]HIV tells a lot about him and his sexual promiscuity

"AIDS isn't a bad person's disease !"

Your date said he is HIV+. Is he on meds, full blown, what ? See where it goes. You might end up just being good friends.

[quote]If he's rich as fuck then YES

YES, marry him. You stay on PReP, substitute his meds with placebos, wait 6-9 months then enjoy !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2016 7:39 PM

Nope , instant dick wilter . I would admire his honesty , but I would also be honest with him and tell him that its a deal breaker . I dont give a shit about all that prep,viral loads , undetectable , blah , blah , blah either . He's heard it a 1000 times at this point , so it wont be that much of a blow .

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2016 8:00 PM

No way. STDs disqualify one from consideration

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2016 3:08 AM

"Undetectable is a sham. The drugs are toxic and ruin the minds and bodies of poz men. They all got it by being craven sluts and therefore all have character flaws. You can get it from deep kissing, don't believe the hype otherwise. HIV+ men are all immoral manipulators and probably don't even take their pills and will try to bareback you. Also they cheat and can't get car loans or mortgages. They are fired from their jobs and are economically unstable. The drugs render them impotent so they take a lot of party drugs and ED drugs, which makes them even crazier. I value my 100% clean and pure STI free body too much to ever get within 10 feet of these disease ridden slags."

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2016 5:30 PM

Don't take it in the pooper but he's a whore darlin.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2016 6:20 PM

R21, I just had a rich and good looking 41 year old HIV+ guy ask me to date him (again). We dated about 6 years ago when he was HIV-. He broke up with me without explanation after 3 months, I think because he used to like to toy with people. This time around I turned him down, not because of the HIV, but because he's cray and won't admit it. Very emotional, hot and cold, gets angry at the most minor perceived slight, paranoid that he's being cheated on even though he's a big ho himself. He has a thing for ghetto types, but wants to make an exception for me, because I'm hot and hung. So if it were just the HIV? I'd go for it. But the rest of the package is a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2016 6:28 PM

Yes, without any hesitation at all, if the rest of the package were there. HIV just isn't something that matters to me because there are ways to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2016 8:59 PM

Sure date him. People we're really compatible with don't come around that often.

Assuming he's taking meds, there is very little chance you'll get infected

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2016 9:03 PM

I would decline to take things further. Why be a martyr? There are plenty of HIV+ men he can date.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2016 10:13 PM

10 years ago when I was 40, another handsome 40 y/o asked me out and I said yes. Because he was and still is an HIV activist with a public profile in our city, I was fairly sure he was poz (I was not). Soon, he confirmed this. 10 years later, we're still together and I'm still neg.

I told him at the time that if we had met 5-10 years earlierror under the same circumstances, I wouldn't have been able to do it. My fear factor was just too high. What made a difference for me over the years was being living proof myself that by playing safe 100% of the time, you can have a VERY active sex life and remain negative. Bathhouse sex was my thing and who knows how many of those guys were poz? Doesn't matter b/c I was always safe.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2016 10:37 PM

Yes but sex would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2016 10:51 PM

my now bf of 5 years is poz. again like some said above, 5-10 years ago, i probably would have gone a date or two but then "ghost" him because he was HIV+. but now, with treatment, he's undetectable (meaning that the virus isn't showing up on blood tests), so it's very unlikely that he'll pass the virus to me. and above and beyond that i'm on Prep. He's a bottom, i'm a top and we're still sero-discordant, after 5 years of being together. it's up to you, to what your level of comfort re +/- relationships. good luck with whatever choice you make.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2016 1:47 AM

R33 why must you muddy the issue with facts, science, and emotional maturity? It's self-sabotage to ever be intimate with a disease ridden HIV+ slattern whore.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2016 2:04 AM

Still will get you kicked to curb by 99% of those you tell , R34 . Sarcasm doesnt become you .

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2016 2:08 AM

Yes, but R33 has to go on PrEP to fuck his boyfriend. I'd just as soon choose someone to be with that DIDN'T require me to go on a completely otherwise unnecessary drug that will likely fuck up my system royally 5-10 years down the line, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2016 5:13 PM

I would date him, but it doesn't really matter what I would do. If you're not comfortable with it, then don't date him. Or have an honest conversation with him about your concerns, which would take quite a bit of maturity on your part.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2016 5:41 PM

I would date him, befriend him, anything, but never sex.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2016 5:51 PM

So I went on a date with him. I did express my concerns and apprehension and have decided to take it slow and continue to see one another. I guess I knew this all along, but always nice to see the diverse array of responses from DL.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2016 6:01 PM

I dated and fucked mens with HIV or AIDS in the 80s and 90s and I didn't "have to go on PrEP" to stay negative. Many of you have free floating fear. All of us who make it to now HIV- have mostly done so by sticking to condoms for fucking. It's that simple. Jeez these DL threads are ASININE.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2016 6:09 PM

You don't need to take PrEP to stay negative with HIV+ boyfriend. These days he'll probably be undetectable and if he is THAT, and you use a CONDOM, you are already DOUBLY protected - you are not getting HIV. No need for "toxic PrEP". But sure, you could choose that as well. There are so many easy ways for a conscientious person to stay HIV- now.

Everyone has their limits but some of you fear monger are just spreading fear and misinformation. Keep it to your (non-)fucking selves.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2016 6:12 PM

Says the HIV poz Bitter Betty at R41 . Been dumped much , honey ?

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2016 6:37 PM

R25 Generalizing much?

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2016 8:22 PM

R25 is in "air quotes", you realise, R43?

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2016 8:28 PM

Maybe I'm naive but I'm pretty astonished by some of you. You'd honestly drop someone solely because he was HIV+?

I'm 53 years old, negative, had close friends die of AIDS, and even I'm not that bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2016 8:33 PM

Unclutch, R45. No one is building crosses to burn on their lawns before we then tie them to the bumper of our cars and drag them out of the neighborhood.

Save your shame for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2016 8:54 PM

You're safer going out with someone who knows their status than someone who doesn't know and/or doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2020 3:29 AM

Date and dinner - yes, he pays, of course.

Fuck - no.

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2020 3:31 AM

Yes of course- are you that clueless OP? If he is successfully treated he will not be infectious and there are things you can do to protect further- ignorance or just prejudice?.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2020 3:41 AM

Yes.

Especially if I was the person who infected him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2020 3:56 AM

R10, my reference would be from QAF too -- alas, sadly, it would be Debbie's initial reaction. She was all about tolerance and no judgement and this could be you. Until, of course, it was her (presumably bottom) son Michael taking Ben's dick up his ass.

I wish I were strong enough. I wish I were having dates.

AIDS came about when I was coming of age. I've seen scores of guys die. I've made my choices and am paying the price now. The punishment is loneliness.

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2020 3:58 AM

R50 that's freaky.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2020 3:59 AM

R45, I wouldn't drop 'someone' for being positive; but would I go on a second date? have a relationship?

I'd have to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2020 4:00 AM

OP, tell him that you appeciate his honesty, but that being HIV+ is something you can't get past and tell him to never contact you again.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2020 4:07 AM

If you have had sex with a man, with or without a condom, bottom or top or oral, you have had sex with a Poz guy. Do you really believe when they say they just got tested and are Neg? Have you been tested in the last six months? No gay guy goes every six months and gets tested and if you bastards say you do you are mother fucking liars. EVERY six months all sexually active men should get tested period. You have already had sex with a POZ gay guy and hopefully you are NEG so what's the problem? All gay men will ALWAYS have to deal with HIV unless you NEVER have sex, that's the way it is and the way it will always be, so get used to it and learn to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2020 4:10 AM

wow. most of you cunts don’t deserve anyone in your lives. u=u, it is that simple. my bf is poz and told me on the first date. i’m on prep and it’s been a non-issue. we are doubly protected. we are happily together for three years. i would have missed out on so much joy and happiness if i were not educated and open and accepting, and i guess brave.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2020 4:19 AM

Another four-year-old thread is bumped to the present day -Sadly, with no improvement in attitudes from the guys here...

Being HIV+ doesn't mean you're a slut or a whore. Like any virus it can be transmitted from person to person in the right circumstances. And those circumstances could include having sex with a trusted partner who was not as trustworthy as you thought. Or being sexually assaulted. Or simply being unlucky in your first choice of a sexual partner. But does it even matter how he got infected? What matters is what he is doing about it. And being honest with the guys he dates is a pretty damned good start.

Contrary to some of the idiotic postings above, not all gay men over 40 have HIV. And contrary to [R55]'s post, there are -indeed- men who get tested every six months or even more regularly. Many are guys on PREP who see their doctors every 3-4 months for regular bloodwork and testing.

Yes, HIV anti-virals and PREP are harsh drugs that can take a toll on the human body. But they DO WORK in preventing transmission of the infection. You can find screaming people out there who will tell you of exceptions, conspiracies, and stories that say otherwise. But you also find anti-vaccination types, flat-earthers, and Trump supporters out there. Just because they exist doesn't mean they are right.

Finally, with all STIs -from HIV to herpes to whatever, you are at some risk if you have sex with another person. The use of condoms can lower the risk for some infections. Proper medical treatment, PREP, and condoms can lower the risk to negligible in most cases. Statistically, you are safer having unprotected sex with an HIV+ man with an undetectable viral load than with a guy who tells you he's negative and recently tested. Both may be honest, but only one is truly certain where he stands. If you want to date a guy, date him!

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2020 4:25 AM

R54 hilarious trolling

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2020 4:41 AM

R57 sounds severely triggered.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2020 4:45 AM

R57 also sounds like he is in denial that men get tested, they don't, that is why we still have infections, when people get tested and it comes back Poz they usually get in treatment and do not infect anyone else. Like I said, you are a mother fucking liar if you say you consistently test each six months. Look it up bitch. I am Poz and know a bit about it, so shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2020 6:41 AM

R5 What planet are you from? Have you been out of the house in the last 25 years? Maybe stop giving advice to others about relationships. There’s a board about Justine batemans Emmy dress, go comment on that.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2020 7:52 AM

Yes, I would. Pragmatic, handsome 32-year old here.

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2020 8:06 AM

No. I can't, and I don't want to make anyone feel bad because I'm paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2020 8:07 AM

I'd have sex with him but I wouldn't date him.

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2020 8:47 AM

"Would you go on a date with a handsome 40 year old if he told you he was also HIV+?"

Who's paying?

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2020 8:49 AM

Yes, but if sex became a factor at some point I would be obsessively paranoid. I don’t have unprotected sex as a rule because I’m 41 and grew up in the era during which HIV inevitably would become AIDS, which was a death sentence. But now viral loads can be kept so low among HIV-positive people that they present close to no risk of transmission. I am paranoid even when people tell me they are negative, and so I don’t think this would be any different for me overall other than probably feeling this guy were honest to disclose that he is positive early on.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2020 10:19 AM

People gain a lot from facing their fears and paranoias realistically rather than nurturing them. I also grew up under the shadow of AIDS and carried that fear for a long time, but that is not a badge of honor.

We are all going to die. We are all going to have bad things happen to us and the people we love. Turning down attractive men because of a manageable health condition is not going to change those facts.

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2020 10:38 AM

I don't bottom or suck dick, so, sure. As long as he wasn't some effeminate queen obsessed with the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2020 11:22 AM

I am a huge hypochondriac, and am the same age as R66. I have very clear memories AIDS in the late 80s and early 90s. I think my first memory was the episode of Oprah with the guy who'd gone home to his hillbilly home to die. I spent most of college terrified of sex.

I started on PrEP a year and a half ago after a broken condom. The guy actually showed me recent test results (I didn't actually ask to see them) and he was negative, but I still spent the next month anxious. That's when I decided to start the PrEP.

I've talked about this in other PrEP-shaming threads, but a while ago I met a sweet, hot, brilliant poz guy. Even though he's undetectable, pre-PrEP, I know I would have been intimate, but still been nervous and probably would have freaked out at the thought of doing it a second time. Even with the PrEP (and knowing all of the stats), I still had a twinge the first time I sucked his dick.

Recently, when I pulled out after fucking him, I realized the condom had broken. I was shocked that I didn't have any real reaction to it. Just wanted to cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2020 2:50 PM

I don't think you're a whore, R69. Just careful!

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2020 2:52 PM

Of course I would. Doesn’t change a thing, being that I’m already into safe sex and always have been.

OP, give him a chance. This could be the love of your life. Please don’t cheat yourself out of something that could turn out to be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2020 3:36 PM

At least it's not a nut allergy.

Just start taking pReP- but make him pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2020 3:44 PM

Yes - I'm a side which means my risk is far lower though

by Anonymousreply 73February 22, 2020 4:15 PM

NO. Not because of his HIV status but because he's far too old.

by Anonymousreply 74February 22, 2020 5:07 PM

[R59] and [R60] , what can I say? You are bitter, old queens who live in a very sad world.

by Anonymousreply 75February 22, 2020 5:07 PM

Yes - and I'm with someone who has HIV. I don't. Like others, I probably would not have done this 10-15 years ago.

For me, it depends on their current actions. If they admit they slept around a lot at a certain time and were careless, and if they stopped that behavior - then I can understand.

However, if they're still out being promiscuous or doing self destructive behaviors still, then no fucking way.

by Anonymousreply 76February 22, 2020 5:15 PM

[quote]However, if they're still out being promiscuous or doing self destructive behaviors still, then no fucking way.

Shouldn't that be a disqualifier regardless of status?

by Anonymousreply 77February 22, 2020 5:20 PM

good lord, just go on prep you dummy. it's the 21st century, get with it.

by Anonymousreply 78February 22, 2020 5:31 PM

R77 - well, that behavior gives you a good indicator if they're keeping on top of their meds and if they are likely to bring something else home to you.

There's a big difference between responsible, healthy, undetectable people with HIV and those who are not taking care of themselves. The majority fall into the first category, but there are still a lot that fall in the latter as well.

by Anonymousreply 79February 22, 2020 5:34 PM

This thread is riddled with disease.

by Anonymousreply 80February 22, 2020 6:41 PM

R75 you are the bitter old queen who is throwing stigma I hope get HIV bitch. You deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 81February 22, 2020 7:46 PM

I’d ask him to breed my hungry hole with his poz load.....of course I’m on PreP but I think it’s hot to get “poz-bred.” It’s even thought that the cum itself is warmer in temperature than a regular non-poz load.

by Anonymousreply 82February 22, 2020 7:51 PM

No. If he’s poz, I am not attracted to him.

by Anonymousreply 83February 22, 2020 8:17 PM

Yeah, but I would wear a suit.

A hazmat suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 22, 2020 8:19 PM

r69 Sounds like you're on the right trajectory. Sex for gay men over 30 and especially over 40 was traumatizing, especially those who worked hard to stay negative. Getting tested was traumatizing. Trying to keep up with the new rules and social norms was traumatizing. Takes time to get over it and the best way is exposure therapy--just lots of fucking with lots of people.

by Anonymousreply 85February 24, 2020 10:33 PM

Reading the responses to OPs question, as an HIV positive guy who pops one single pill last thing at night to deal with his condition, I now understand why I feel most comfortable with other guys in the same boat as myself.

Kudos to the handful of you who would have no issue with it. However perversely it’s gratifying to be proven right in what I believed many gay men really thought of guys like me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 24, 2020 10:50 PM

HIV+!!!! Well it's just appalling isn't it! He probably went to one of the lesser Ivies. And if he's uncut, well, that's just self-hate if you were to continue.

by Anonymousreply 87February 24, 2020 10:59 PM

NO. Who are these people saying yes???

Don't be dating people with STDs.

by Anonymousreply 88February 24, 2020 11:18 PM

I wonder if he was a Person of Color? Those Persons of Color spread diseases. Or maybe Swedish. The worst!

by Anonymousreply 89February 24, 2020 11:28 PM

AIRBORNE SUPER AIDS

by Anonymousreply 90February 24, 2020 11:42 PM

R88, what are you doing right now?

Are you busy? No? Well, then how about you take a minute to FUCK OFF.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 91February 25, 2020 12:03 AM

Why not? Have done when I was single, and would do again. Why narrow your choices? How’s YOUR health?

by Anonymousreply 92February 25, 2020 12:22 AM

When I first started dating my current boyfriend I told him that I was negative upfront and that i had been tested just a couple months ago. he responded that he was negative as of his last test but it had been two or three years before. So that’s how our relations started, me topping him although we’re both versatile, but under these circumstances, me being more of a top, he being more of a bottom it worked out. I fucked him bareback for 2 years. But for me, because of the lapse in testing on my BF’s part, i didn’t bottom for him because there had been a lot of guys before me that fucked him. I told him that once he gets test and the result are negative he can fuck me bareback.

We were well into our 2nd year together when he was admitted to the ER for gallbladder surgery, and they did a standard blood test and it was determined that he was HIV+. He immediately started on medication and in no time he was officially undetectable. And at that time i decided to go on PreP, and 7 years later I’m still neg, obviously he’s still poz and we fuck like bunnies every week, bareback, i do him, he does me. He’s cums in my ass, I cum in his ass and I’m still negative. I believe in science, not rumor mongering unlike the many post above.

Once your doctor says you’re HIV load is undetectable, there’s no danger of spread the disease.

Like someone up thread said, it is safer having sex with someone who is HIV+ and on his med, than some guy who claims he’s negative with nothing to back it up.

So for all you guys saying they would not have sex with someone poz, but will have sex with someone that claims to be neg, I’d go for the for the honest poz guy on meds rather than a guy who’s throwing around the “I’m neg, without any evidence to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 93February 25, 2020 4:27 PM

I'm okay with being alone.

At this point, I have to be.

I have work. Friends. The occasional hook up in which I play super-safe.

by Anonymousreply 94February 25, 2020 4:38 PM

R93, all valid points.

I think for those of us who lived through the 80s and 90s and saw people dropping dead left and right can't let go of past fears.

I've probably had safe sex with POZ guys and not known it.

The thing is if you're told up front on the first date when you haven't fallen for the guy yet, it's easy to back out and move on to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 95February 25, 2020 6:04 PM

Living your life in needless fear is a sad way to be r95

by Anonymousreply 96February 25, 2020 6:19 PM

Yes, but I wouldn't fuck him. Not even a goodnight kiss. I value my health , too. It's the most important thing I have.

by Anonymousreply 97February 25, 2020 6:22 PM

R96, incredibly sad and over the years, I've taken steps to change that, albeit baby ones.

I'm actually looking to hook up with an old FB next month. He may well be poz. I can ask but he can lie. I mostly get affection from him. I don't even like to do 'that much' -- whatever that means. I'm looking forward to seeing him again more than I can say.

I had a straight friend; he was gorgeous and kind and he liked me and he died. Oddly, I wasn't attracted to him but if he'd been gay, I would have, as my therapists often encourage me to do, 'tried.' Had he been positive, that would not have stopped me. But those are a lot of ifs that never came true.

by Anonymousreply 98February 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Not even a goodnight kiss. And he must visit me on the porch or the in the garage, never in the house. I value my health too much. Can't have poz sluts touching doorknobs.

by Anonymousreply 99February 25, 2020 7:01 PM

Undetectable this, PREPPY that - it's all some cockamamie liberal speak. I can see that AIDS on the face - you can't fool you me sickos! Call it some mumbo jumbo - its VENERAL DESEAZE like all prostitues had from the Bible times to now. And those chemo drugs just making money - no cure - and it's a plot by George Soros. I'll tell you this - the poz sluts have a lot gall! Why they ruined any fun we normal guys could have had, and for decades. I stayed home and kept my zipper zipped because I'm SMART and didn't want none of that AIDS. And they got all my damn good years - I never got any sex - cause those poz sluts are liars and AIDS spreaders to this day. To hell with them.

by Anonymousreply 100February 25, 2020 7:13 PM

Yes, of course. HIV is manageable and it’s easy to stay negative in a long term relationship now.

What year are you posting from, OP?

by Anonymousreply 101February 25, 2020 7:16 PM

Hell no! And not with anyone with any untreatable Contagious disease like herpes or butt warts. That’s just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 102February 25, 2020 7:18 PM

Nah. 40 is too young.

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2020 7:20 PM

we all know a lot more now than we did in the 80s and even the 90s about AIDS.

The message was back in the day if you want to stay alive DON'T DO ANYTHING.

Not realistic.

In one of the Naked Gun movies, they had Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley make love to each other wearing ginormous life-sized full body condoms.

As Homer Simpson would say: It's funny cuz it's true.

by Anonymousreply 104February 25, 2020 11:09 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 105February 25, 2020 11:12 PM

“unless they were rich.” R8, you get the fuck you, you shallow piece of shit award.

by Anonymousreply 106February 26, 2020 2:05 AM

My first bf in 1999 was HIV+. I was HIV- then and still am. He's still around with another handsome guy, and we're friends.

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2020 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!