Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My partner is yelling at me for asking for my chips back

Tonight we went to my partner's brother's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks from his bakyard. We had asked what we could bring and they kept telling us to bring nothing as they had everything covered. Well, we couldn't really show up empty-handed so I brought two bags of chips. It turns out they weren't really needed as they already had an elobaret spread with all sorts of chips and dips, gaucolmoly, hummus, cheeseballs, etc. No one touched my Lay's but my Cool Ranch Doritos were a hit as I guess the plain tortilla chips they provided were too plain, haha.

As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store. It's not like they were going to eat them since they had so much of their other chips leftover. The brother's wife kept insisting I take them and to take the half bag of Cool Ranch Doritos back too. She kept saying how she was going to gain too much weight if we left them there. After much back and forth and her being very persistant, I agreed and took them.

Now back in the car on the drive back, all hell breaks loose as my partner yells at me for taking the chips. I told him that she kept insisting I take them. It would have been rude to keep arguing with her. He kept saying it's bad etiquette to take back a hostess gift. I kept saying she insisted and was being very pushy and it's bad etiquette to argue with a host. He's saying I'm making him look bad to his family. Now we're still arguing and I can't even sleep. Instead I'm sitting here typing this while eating my Lay's. Who's right in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 260June 29, 2020 7:21 AM

Your partner is right if he DUMPS your ass; the spelling errors are atrocious. "Guacolmoly"?? Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2016 8:30 AM

Your bf is being a stupid prissy douche.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2016 8:37 AM

"No one touched my Lay's but my Cool Ranch Doritos were a hit"

I seriously can't stop laughing at this part.

You're all trash.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2016 8:37 AM

When I read the title I thought "it can't be about tortilla chips....surely?".

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2016 8:39 AM

Gentle Reader,

Get back to me when you have some real fucking problems.

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2016 8:40 AM

You're right. Your boyfriend is being an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2016 8:40 AM

You were right to take them be the SIL didn't want them. They are probably a temptation she doesn't want around the house.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2016 8:41 AM

YOU mentioned taking the chips home with you first. Now that should be in the 'tacky tells' thread.

Seriously, you get invited, the hosts invest the money into a big spread and all you think about is getting your fucking bag of Lays back? As your partner I'd have been mortified, do you bring your Tupperware to wedding buffets tool?

I LOVE the wife though, "Sure, take your Lays , take the half eaten bag of Doritos too! " You wanted to behave like trash and she made sure you did.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2016 8:42 AM

OP, if this "issue" is causing serious friction and high-volume arguments between you and your partner, you both need therapy.

I recommend doing it separately, not as a couple, because although you deserve each other and should therefore remain a couple, no therapist should have to deal with both of you at once.

After a few months of therapy, please come back and regale us all with a new and improved scenario illustrating how you have both grown and now argue only about important things, like what to bring to a pot luck.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2016 9:07 AM

Thanks guys for agreeing that my partner is being petty and an idiot. It makes me feel better.

R1, I never clamined to be a big speller. I don't eat ethnic food that much anyway.

R8, she INSISTED I take both bags because they were a temptation and she didn't want to get fat. What was I supposed to do? She said she was just going to throw it out anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2016 9:16 AM

Clamined?

WOW. I'm just curious to know how old you guys are. Teenagers?

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2016 9:22 AM

Oh god. Is this what poor people do at parties? Bring food, and argue over it?

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2016 9:26 AM

OP, it was rude to ask for them back, and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2016 9:30 AM

It's a typ-o or auto-correct. I just switched the i and m. Geez, get off my back!

R12, we're not poor. And there was no arguing. She INSISTED! I took the chips to AVOID arguing!

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2016 9:30 AM

"I'm not a speller."

This is an option now?

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2016 9:31 AM

You're eating them as you type. Jesus H. Christ, what is this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2016 9:31 AM

Worst fake story ever. OP should really go to Syria or Iraq with a one way ticket. No one needs to read such awful story telling and atrocious spelling. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2016 9:32 AM

Do a couple of bags of chips actually qualify as a hostess gift?

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2016 9:32 AM

Don't worry OP. I'm sure your sister-in-law is just bracing herself for what a tacky Christmas it's going to be.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2016 9:34 AM

R13, it would be tacky to refuse the host and do the opposite of what she says.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2016 9:36 AM

So nice to see an OP actually engaged with his storytelling and willing to come back and amend/ defend/ expand on his story.

This is what's been in short supply on DL lately.

Remember the days of Denny/ Danny? Now THAT was effective thread-running.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2016 9:40 AM

R20/OP, you stated that you mentioned that you should take the unopened bag back. That was rude and tacky IMO. You asked for opinions and that is mine; you were rude and tacky to mention that you wanted the chips back. If you don't want opinions then don't fucking ask for them.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2016 9:43 AM

You take the chips if she insisted you bring them home. That you wanted them isn't even a question.

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2016 9:44 AM

Now return both bags of chips to yje store. Tell them you hated the doritos that is why they are only half eaten and demand a refund!

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2016 9:49 AM

You should have brought wine, something summery, and if unopened at the end of the party, left it there. What part of "gift" do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2016 9:51 AM

R19, she's not invited for Christmas as we're going on a cruise. But me and my partner are hosting Thanksgiving at our housr and the sleepover for Black Friday. And I will let her take as many bags of chips as she wants then. I;m not petty like that.

R22, I only mentioned it because I saw that the bag was completely untouched and UNOPENED! I hate to see food wasted, espeally something that is completely new and unopened. She said she was on a diet and didn't want to get fat so she was going to waste them and throw them away. Why would she throw them away when I can have them?

R24, return something half eaten to the store? Now THAT"S tackey!

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2016 9:54 AM

Your partner should yell at you more. Under no circumstances should you have agreed to take them back, I don't care how much she insisted. All you brought was two bags of chips, leaving them there is the least you can do.

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2016 9:55 AM

"espeally "

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2016 9:56 AM

R26 Returning any cheap food item to the store is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2016 9:56 AM

OP is cute! His spelling of "guacamole" is simply adorbs!

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2016 9:57 AM

Dump your bf You two are incompatible.

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2016 9:58 AM

It doesn't matter how much she insisted, YOU started by wanting a cheap 'gift' back, her insisting you take it was to show you what a jerk you are.

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2016 10:01 AM

You really need to get a grip with your spelling, OP. Are you dyslexic?

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2016 10:04 AM

No onion dip? I love onion dip with my chips.

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2016 10:04 AM

What other food was there? I'm trying to understand where the immensely popular Cool Ranch Doritos sat in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2016 10:05 AM

She asked you not to bring anything. That's what you should have done in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2016 10:07 AM

Or, bring a bottle of wine, thank them for the invitation and ask them to enjoy it at some point in the future.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Love that this EST OP refers to Doritos as 'ethnic food.' Apparently you are still too subtle for some OP!

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2016 10:17 AM

OP, did you make love to your boyfriend today, after what happened last night?

Conquer your boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2016 10:18 AM

I'm sorry but who returns a bag of Lays to the store? No adult who wasn't cheap as fuck would even consider doing this. OP's boyfriend only got mad since this may not have been the first display of his super cheap tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2016 10:23 AM

OP, get back to us when your boyfriend beats you because of what you did. Then we'll have some fun with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2016 10:26 AM

'Straight to Comments' as the fraus say on the Daily Wail

by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2016 10:26 AM

Bless you, OP. Nothing sets the DL aflame like white trash etiquette wars. I hope this joins classics like once around the garden and lesbian pot luck wedding.

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2016 10:30 AM

OP taking a break from his thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2016 10:35 AM

Might be something more than the chips going on there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2016 10:36 AM

Stinky linky, R44.

by Anonymousreply 46July 5, 2016 10:43 AM

Sister- in - law: "Bye Mr. Chips!"

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2016 10:47 AM

Who should play you and your bf in the made for TV movie? The script will have to be dramatized to include domestic abuse, kinky sex and possibly murder.

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2016 10:54 AM

Guess who works for Doritos!

by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2016 10:58 AM

0/10

It would have been better if you RSVP'd to the party, could not go and were billed by the SIL for two bags of chips.

Or the chips you brought did not go with the SIL's Sole Veronique and she immediately hid them.

Or your sister was raped by a guy who worked at Frito-Lay and she promptly opened the bags and handed them out to her neighbor who was perched outside her apt. window ledge.

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2016 11:05 AM

Really, OP? Really?

I never met anyone who would take chips back to the store.

Your partner is wrong and right. Technically you don't take a hostess gift back. But when the Hostess insists and insists and it's just a bag of chips it's not even worth a conversation. Why is your partner making this a big issue? That is the better question. It's not a Right or Wrong issue. It's a relationship issue and it's about the dynamics of his relationship with his family.

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2016 11:27 AM

SIL probably didn't want them as I guess she know you are cash poor and cheap. Really? Low Class Gays. This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2016 12:10 PM

R50 for W&W; I am laughing my ASS off; bravo, R50!

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2016 12:34 PM

OP snacking on his tasty Lay's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2016 12:46 PM

[quote]You should have brought wine, something summery, and if unopened at the end of the party, left it there. What part of "gift" do you not understand?

Exactly. When food is covered you just bring alcohol, either to enjoy at the party or for the host to keep and enjoy at a later date if they have their own drinks ready. It is really fucking simple.

This story is probably fake but it made me laugh this morning anyway. And I love you r35.

by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2016 12:50 PM

[quote] As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

You are the cheapest, nastiest piece of shit. Your partner is probably tired of your cheap and ungenerous ass.

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2016 12:53 PM

I can't stop laughing imagining someone returning a bag of chips to a store.

Unless you are homeless and literally dying for the money back, DONATE them to a shelter or just give them to someone homeless for fucks' sake.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2016 1:04 PM

LEAVE OP AND HIS GRAMMAR ALONE! HE HASNT HURT ANYBODY!

Even bad spellers need to vent.

by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Pure trash. OP and his boyfriend are made for each other. Both sound stupid.

by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2016 1:11 PM

The best solution here is to turn the negative into a positive. Create some good karma in this world by donating the unopened bag of Lays potato chips to a near-by food shelter. I can't imagine your partner having a problem with that. The bonus part of this small gesture, in addition to making the world a slightly better place, is that you get the upper hand of making your partner feel like a real douche bag since you did something altruistic with the bag of Lays brand potato chips. Now, as for the Cool Ranch Doritos...since the bag was already open and half-eaten it's perfectly acceptable for you to finish eating the bag. It would be tacky to donate a half-eaten bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to a food shelter.

If your partner for some reason is historically opposed to food shelters, you should plan a nice outing at the local park with your partner. Take the the bag of Lays brand potato chips with you and when you get to the duck pond, the two of you can have a few special moments feeding the potato chips to the ducks. You might even want to hire a photographer to capture the moment. If any of the photos turn out nice (maybe some soft gauzy sunlight in the background as you and your partner smile and laugh while feeding the ducks) you can use that pic on your Christmas card later this year.

Why is it so hard for millennials to take a negative and turn it into something positive?

by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2016 1:15 PM

This is disguising something else in your relationship. Is your BF frustrated with your recent weight gain? Chips...do you really need chips?

It also sounds like he controls the spending in your relationship and you haven't accepted your role as bottom bitch.

by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2016 1:19 PM

OP. Ypu need to patch things up with your partner. here's what you do. Tell him you want to play a fame. Get him naked and tie him to your bed. Then, dump the bag of chips on his naked body, and eat them off. Make sure you lick off the salt and grease too. Add dip if you wish. I think he may look at a bag of chips differently after that.

by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2016 1:23 PM

OP, sweetheart, you and your boyfriend and his family are utter trash.

by Anonymousreply 63July 5, 2016 1:23 PM

A classy person never goes to a party empty-handed, and, most certainly, doesn't re-take the gift. That is a poor, selfish move on your part. Think of all the trouble they went through to clean, prepare, and provide at the party and you had the audacity to take away a stupid bag of chips. Not good for you.

by Anonymousreply 64July 5, 2016 1:23 PM

OP graduated Brown. This is a semiotic EST of staggering sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 65July 5, 2016 1:26 PM

[quote]asking for my chips back

They ceased being YOUR chips the moment you arrived at your host's party.

But of course this never happened.

by Anonymousreply 66July 5, 2016 1:36 PM

It's a very clever bit of ESTing, and I doff my cap at our amusing OP

by Anonymousreply 67July 5, 2016 1:38 PM

[Quote] But me and my partner are hosting Thanksgiving at our housr and the sleepover for Black Friday.

OP is American trash at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 68July 5, 2016 1:48 PM

R64, when I throw a party, unless I declare it a potluck, I really, truly don't want anyone to bring anything else. I've got it covered. The only exception is if you call right before you come over to see if there's something I need at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2016 1:49 PM

[quote] He kept saying it's bad etiquette to take back a hostess gift.

Of course it fucking is. Gifts - especially hostess gifts - should be given without regard for whether or how they they are used. Like a bottle of wine or a vase of flowers, gifts are given freely. A gift given is a gift gone; it's not yours after you give it away. Forget about it.

If it's not used immediately, assume that your hosts will find some use for it later, or regift it to an enemy, or feed it to their free-range chickens, or toss it straight into the rubbish bin. It's not your concern. You gave a gift as a symbol of friendship and gratitude, not to be a fucking cunt about policing the gift and making sure that the lucky recipients eat every fucking mouthful of your gift while you watch.

Of course this never happened...

[quote] I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

Only a middle-aged or old woman would even contemplate returning a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 70July 5, 2016 1:51 PM

OP, you did nothing wrong. People on this site just love to attack.

Your boy friend, however, is way out of line. It was nothing: extra food, sister-in-law says, Take it, you took it. Your boy friend shouldn't even have noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 71July 5, 2016 1:54 PM

Holy Guacolmoly! If OP is returning an unopended bag of chips to the store for a refund, she's probably at least 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 72July 5, 2016 1:58 PM

this is OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 5, 2016 1:58 PM

OP when he got home:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 5, 2016 2:09 PM

[quote]"Sure, take your Lays , take the half eaten bag of Doritos too! " You wanted to behave like trash and she made sure you did.

I see this in black and white, directed by Mike Nichols.

by Anonymousreply 75July 5, 2016 2:13 PM

[quote]OP, you did nothing wrong. People on this site just love to attack.

Are you kidding me?!?!?

Read this sentence again

[quote]As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

If you honestly don't think there is anything wrong with this you are trash.

by Anonymousreply 76July 5, 2016 2:34 PM

Here's where DL excels, showing us how the lower classes think and conduct themselves. Dear, you worry about "rude" and "etiquette" over a bag of a $3 snack? Now really! But yes the lady didn't want temptation of cheap/fattening snack food left over beyond what she'd prepared, so taking back chips seems ok to me …. but really, to return to the store? How cheap are you? R19 gives me an idea … give the chips back, wrapped for Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 77July 5, 2016 2:39 PM

[quote]at our house and the sleepover for Black Friday.

oh, fuck me, if this couldn't get more tacky! I hear banjos. . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 78July 5, 2016 2:43 PM

This is worse than Les Mis, it was only over a loaf of bread!!

by Anonymousreply 79July 5, 2016 2:52 PM

OP let's be honest... you are no masturbating temp.

by Anonymousreply 80July 5, 2016 2:58 PM

but les miz didn't have cool ranch doritos, now did it?

by Anonymousreply 81July 5, 2016 2:58 PM

OP, next time, just bring a bag so that you can take the free bread pudding being offered, no need to eat it there, it's just there for the taking!

by Anonymousreply 82July 5, 2016 3:03 PM

Tacky and embarrassing. I am not saying I am Emily Post but once you bring something to someones house you leave it. You made yourself look like an ass over a bag of chips. I would not have a friend like you and not because I care what other people think but because you also show yourself to be very petty in your dealings.

by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2016 3:08 PM

I am dying. This post is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2016 3:14 PM

I'M dying too, for another bag of some cool ranch Doritos!

by Anonymousreply 85July 5, 2016 3:16 PM

OP, some may criticize you, but I think you're all that and a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 86July 5, 2016 3:18 PM

You could have at least sprung for chips with pizzazz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 5, 2016 3:18 PM

next time, OP, at least grab on to something a little meatier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 5, 2016 3:21 PM

Something like chips? Really, OP?

by Anonymousreply 89July 5, 2016 3:22 PM

We have proof now everyone, PJ and Thomas ARE posting on the DL.

This trashy fight just reeks of our favorite backwater Tennessee instagay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 5, 2016 4:49 PM

R77 sums it all up for us.

by Anonymousreply 91July 5, 2016 5:02 PM

"Black Friday sleepover???"

Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 92July 5, 2016 5:05 PM

Donate them to a food pantry and ask if they will send your host a letter acknowledging the generous donation you made in her name. You will win even more points for this!

by Anonymousreply 93July 5, 2016 5:07 PM

get a new life! Give it up!

by Anonymousreply 94July 5, 2016 5:15 PM

OP is behind the doorman thread as well.

by Anonymousreply 95July 5, 2016 5:15 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I accidently fell asleep on the coach after I polished off the bag and had myself a good cry.

R33, I don't think it's PC to call someone that anymore in 2006.

R34, R35, there might have been onion dip there. As I said, there were a lot of differnet kinds of dips and hummus's and stuff like that. I didn't get a chance to sample each one. Maybe next time.

R38, I have never ever in my life referred to Doritos as ethnic food. I'm not a rube.

R41, domestic violance is never funny.

R48, I'm flattered you think we could be in a movie but sadly I don't think they make TV movies about gay lives, at least not on Lifetime. As for casting, James Franco can play me, Ashton Kutcher can play my partner, Kevin James can play his brother and Melissa McCarthy can play his wife.

R50, I have no idea what your talking about as you make 0 sense.

R55, A. alcohol is expensive AF, B. they don't drink.

R57, It's not like I make a habit out of returning things to the store. I will only return something if it's completely new and UNOPENED and if I have a RECEIPT! It's usually not a problem if I have a receipt.

R60, thank you for the kind suggestion, sort of like a play it forward type of deal. I like it, I like it alot. Too bad I already ate the bag.

R62, my you are kinky, lol!

R71, thank you! Exactly!

R77, it's not the price of the gift, it's the principal! And yes, she didn't want temptation so what could I do but give in to her? It's not like I asked for her leftover chips and dips.

R86, thank you.

R95, I don't know what that means.

Thank you for all the support, everyone. I must be off to the farmer's market now. And then it's time to hit the gym, Raul is teaching Zoomba today, lol! Work off those chips baby!

by Anonymousreply 96July 5, 2016 5:25 PM

It's the principal indeed.

by Anonymousreply 97July 5, 2016 5:34 PM

Jesus fucking Christ. Is this the most serious thing you two have to argue about?

by Anonymousreply 98July 5, 2016 5:35 PM

Zoomba? Now my hate is complete.

by Anonymousreply 99July 5, 2016 5:36 PM

[quote]I'm sitting here typing this while eating my Lay's.

I thought the whole point of your de-gifting was to return the chips to the store so you could get the $3 back?

by Anonymousreply 100July 5, 2016 5:40 PM

You're all missing the obvious solution. Put the bag away till the next party and take them as an offering to the hostess. Hopefully not the SIL again.

by Anonymousreply 101July 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Trashey drahma.

by Anonymousreply 102July 5, 2016 5:42 PM

If putting you down for a minor faux pas makes your bf feel better about himself, then he is an insecure jerk who belongs with his kindred on DL.

by Anonymousreply 103July 5, 2016 5:46 PM

Zoomba? is this like a roomba?

by Anonymousreply 104July 5, 2016 5:50 PM

The OPs last response read exactly like the doorman storyteller's style.

It's all so much bullshit. But the responses are excellent!

by Anonymousreply 105July 5, 2016 5:53 PM

[quote]OP is behind the doorman thread as well.

OP replies

[quote][R95], I don't know what that means.

Yes, R96 is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced.

Caught and done.

by Anonymousreply 106July 5, 2016 5:55 PM

Time for the Rumba! or is it roomba? I can't tell, I'm not much into 'ethnic " things.

by Anonymousreply 107July 5, 2016 5:55 PM

The OP's story was amusing and led to some great bitchy responses. Isn't that what actually matters?

by Anonymousreply 108July 5, 2016 5:56 PM

Cool Ranch & Lays...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 5, 2016 6:02 PM

r90 that's what I thought, too! I imagine those Tennessee property lover boys bickering over "class" and carbs for their whole drive down to the Redneck Riviera.

by Anonymousreply 110July 5, 2016 6:04 PM

3/10

by Anonymousreply 111July 5, 2016 6:05 PM

I do not agree that the return of chips to the store should be a a definite no-no. What if you bought the wrong flavor? Can't an exception be made in that case?

by Anonymousreply 112July 5, 2016 6:13 PM

I know how you feel, OP. I HATE it when my Lay's are even touched!

by Anonymousreply 113July 5, 2016 6:22 PM

R96 James Franco can play you? Now I understand the problem!

by Anonymousreply 114July 5, 2016 6:29 PM

[quote] Yes, [R96] is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced. Caught and done.

For some reason I doubt that a gay man is creating these bullshit threads.

by Anonymousreply 115July 5, 2016 6:40 PM

So this is how OP's cousin got so fat, eating Lay's and Dorito's. Did you eat onion dip out of his ass?

by Anonymousreply 116July 5, 2016 6:41 PM

R115, I dont.

by Anonymousreply 117July 5, 2016 6:45 PM

and here she is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 5, 2016 6:46 PM

We found OP: she was indulging in a cup of ciappucino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 5, 2016 8:32 PM

"an elobaret spread"

That's when you show your hole and pour wine over it?

by Anonymousreply 120July 5, 2016 9:28 PM

Elobaret? Your Hebrew name?

by Anonymousreply 121July 5, 2016 9:29 PM

That Claire would never have gone ape over Ruth's Chris.

by Anonymousreply 122July 5, 2016 9:35 PM

Bring this next time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 5, 2016 9:47 PM

Truly witty, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124July 5, 2016 10:02 PM

[quote] been here since Claire, Gays make the best trolls

This is the "best"?

by Anonymousreply 125July 5, 2016 10:09 PM

[quote]they already had an elobaret spread

Come to elobaret, old chum!

by Anonymousreply 126July 5, 2016 10:18 PM

Did they use Chinet or the cheap ass paper plates where your Jello salad just slides off?

by Anonymousreply 127July 5, 2016 10:21 PM

Now I want chips.

by Anonymousreply 128July 5, 2016 10:21 PM

What are chips?

by Anonymousreply 129July 5, 2016 10:25 PM

Still with this we're talking?????

by Anonymousreply 130July 5, 2016 10:50 PM

[quote]elobaret

Oh my dear sweet Jebus no!

by Anonymousreply 131July 5, 2016 10:52 PM

OP is lying. He probably either asked for them back or took them when no one was looking and his partner called him out on it.

Thread CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 132July 5, 2016 11:09 PM

OP just made my life look so much better. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 133July 5, 2016 11:22 PM

this thread is fun.

by Anonymousreply 134July 5, 2016 11:24 PM

The correct form is 'Fank you, Fank you, Fank you!', R133

by Anonymousreply 135July 5, 2016 11:35 PM

Op, You keep saying you did not ask for the chips, but you did! She insisted only after you mentioned them and she did that to diffuse an embarrassing situation. And no you don't return some cheap snack like this to the store. Just suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 136July 5, 2016 11:40 PM

Oh please I must know was there a working margarine fountain for dipping of corn at this shindig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 5, 2016 11:47 PM

OP, I didn't use the term "spastic". Dyslexia is a medically recognised learning impairment and NOTHING to be ashamed of. I seriously considered your spelling could be explained by it. Also, to be described as dyslexic is not an insult.

by Anonymousreply 138July 5, 2016 11:49 PM

Is this you Ken?

by Anonymousreply 139July 5, 2016 11:52 PM

This is how i would have handled your damn potato chips if I was your man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2016 11:57 PM

I'm guessing that OP is the top in this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 141July 6, 2016 12:10 AM

OP needs to pour some graxy on his partner

by Anonymousreply 142July 6, 2016 12:16 AM

R140, is it me or does that gravel look blue like his shoes?

by Anonymousreply 143July 6, 2016 12:16 AM

it's either Blue/black or White/gold.

by Anonymousreply 144July 6, 2016 12:19 AM

OP, it was a mistake to ask for the chips back. It's just not done. Even though the host might have gotten 8 bags of chips, you still shouldn't ask for them.

You might be so close to the family (though it seems not in this case) that it still seems like you're all one entity, but you're not. And this is the kind of thing people will latch on to if they are looking for an excuse to nurse a resentment.

I do the reverse thing. My sister is very frugal because she has to be because of her income and spending. So, when I find I have excess household items, I bring them and stash them in her closets. She might not even know that she got extra light bulbs or cleaning supplies from the majic fairy. But it doesn't matter. I don't like throwing perfectly good things away, and she needs them, so I do it.

by Anonymousreply 145July 6, 2016 12:22 AM

R106: Yes, [R96] is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced. Caught and done.

Why does it matter if OP wrote another thread? I really don't understand why this is addressed as an accusation?

by Anonymousreply 146July 6, 2016 12:29 AM

Omg, someone please put R146 out of her dim misery. It would be a mercy.

by Anonymousreply 147July 6, 2016 12:32 AM

R145 = good samaritan

by Anonymousreply 148July 6, 2016 1:21 AM

go ahead, OP, take a bite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 6, 2016 1:24 AM

[quote]She might not even know that she got extra light bulbs or cleaning supplies from the majic fairy.

....so she goes out and buys them anyway because she doesn't know they're there.

by Anonymousreply 150July 6, 2016 1:32 AM

FEAST your eyes, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 6, 2016 1:36 AM

Thank you for this OP. This is why I've missed DL for the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 152July 6, 2016 1:58 AM

I'm getting hungry. And that pic makes Claire's bread pudding look inedible.

by Anonymousreply 153July 6, 2016 2:00 AM

Less than 24 hours and I caved and bought a bag of chips. Also got a pint of sour cream for home made green onion dip. I skipped dinner tonight. Now getting off DL to eat them with a vodka tonic while watching the third episode of Endeavor. It is a 90 minute episode, so I can much steadily throughout.

by Anonymousreply 154July 6, 2016 2:05 AM

DAmn, See what you did, OP!

Obesity will now SWEEP through the nation's Gays!

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2016 2:34 AM

[quote] A. alcohol is expensive AF

Queen, please. It would have made people happier than your goddamned chips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2016 2:46 AM

Op needs this for her next party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2016 2:48 AM

Darling OP, I'm never inviting you to one of my parties. Cheers, thanks a lot!

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2016 3:34 AM

Are those unopened and uneaten, R151?

*makes space in the trunk*

Where's the hostess?

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2016 3:51 AM

So will there be any angry makeup sex where he calls you a cheap slut and you call him a control freak?

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2016 3:53 AM

I see face slaps in the future

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2016 4:26 AM

So, if you bring wine to a party, and your host chooses not to serve it, then you're supposed to take it home with you?

by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2016 4:34 AM

But why wouldn't he serve it? What's wrong with my wine?

by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2016 4:36 AM

I don't know which is wackier: the fact that someone created this post in the first place, or the fact that 163 of you screaming queens have responded to it.

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2016 4:38 AM

R163, you have shit taste, thats why, stick to frito-lay!

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2016 4:38 AM

[quote]"Guacolmoly"?? Oh, DEAR.

NO! it's Gaucolmoly

by Anonymousreply 166July 6, 2016 4:46 AM

This tale could have been a lot worse. OP could have been talking about a bag of Cheetos instead.

Did you pocket the remaining red dragon cheese and crumbled crackers that were sitting on the snack table, too?

I can't even believe you brought a bag of chips to a party. Wine or even beer, is much more appropriate.

I don't know what's more embarrassing - this tale you tell, or the fact that you've found this website to tell it.

by Anonymousreply 167July 6, 2016 5:32 AM

R161, I hope those slaps will land on your face.

by Anonymousreply 168July 6, 2016 5:33 AM

R145 That is the most fucked up thing I have heard. Your sister is poor so you stash your shit you do not want in her closets without telling her. 1) I do not believe anyone is that fucked in the head/retarded 2) I really hate you so blocked

by Anonymousreply 169July 6, 2016 8:59 AM

OP is definitely not all that and a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2016 9:02 AM

R169 I thought that story was sort of sweet. The sister is on to it of course.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2016 12:48 PM

You know, chips ain't cheap. You can spend $4-$5 bucks on a bag of chips. Stores in my area outside of Chicago it costs at least $3.99. Not defending OP but still...

by Anonymousreply 172July 6, 2016 1:04 PM

And even if your host did not open that $2.99 bottle of Charles Shaw, you cannot ask for it back.

by Anonymousreply 173July 6, 2016 1:06 PM

The fact that you were even contemplating returning the bag of chips to the store is evidence enough that you're an insufferable tightwad. She, your BF and many others have likely already noticed that about you, which is why she insisted on you taking them home with you. You may have gotten your chips back, but you also got read for being selfish, stingy, and inconsiderate.

by Anonymousreply 174July 6, 2016 1:15 PM

OP, does your local bodega have a restocking fee on snacks?

by Anonymousreply 175July 6, 2016 1:19 PM

OP lives in Tennessee - they don't have no "bodegas" - remember, he's not that much into Ethnic foods.

by Anonymousreply 176July 6, 2016 1:29 PM

This is like the Doorman reincarnated as a redneck who can't spell. I'm thinking that the OP is practicing his regional dialogue writing for his fan fiction workshop.

by Anonymousreply 177July 6, 2016 1:44 PM

He needs to head to Ruth's Chris is see what he can find!

by Anonymousreply 178July 6, 2016 2:04 PM

I'm a little sad gaucolmoly is not turning into the graxy of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 179July 6, 2016 2:56 PM

OP your thread has run out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 180July 6, 2016 3:43 PM

It was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 181July 6, 2016 3:47 PM

yes it was.

by Anonymousreply 182July 6, 2016 4:00 PM

I'm crying as i Type this

by Anonymousreply 183July 6, 2016 4:04 PM

nobody left here but the crumbs of DL.

by Anonymousreply 184July 6, 2016 4:26 PM

OP, did you and your partner have hot makeup sex?

by Anonymousreply 185July 6, 2016 4:30 PM

Not even the most devoted Oh, Dear can remember the spelling, R179.

by Anonymousreply 186July 6, 2016 4:31 PM

Holymoly! ^^^

by Anonymousreply 187July 6, 2016 5:04 PM

If you had returned the chips, op, would it have been credited to your EBT card, or would they have given you a store voucher? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you're not allowed to receive cash back on a EBT purchase.

by Anonymousreply 188July 6, 2016 5:22 PM

That might have worked, R188, if it had managed to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 189July 6, 2016 5:24 PM

And even when my chips are low, there's still some left for givin'

by Anonymousreply 190July 6, 2016 5:38 PM

The chips are down, OP needs to give up

by Anonymousreply 191July 6, 2016 8:42 PM

I didn't read the whole thread but you're leaving the OP off easy. His spelling was even worse. GAUCAMOLY. AU! And what about ELOBARET?

by Anonymousreply 192July 6, 2016 9:21 PM

Both of those have been mentioned many times, R192. You're fucking lazy. Read the whole damn thread rather than coming across as a late-to-the-party fool.

by Anonymousreply 193July 6, 2016 9:34 PM

I'm through my chips in for the WHOLE thread

by Anonymousreply 194July 6, 2016 9:46 PM

R194 oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 195July 6, 2016 9:52 PM

Oh yes, this is absolutely the doorman asked me out troll. The response at r96. Is a dead giveaway and reads exactly the way the doorman asked me out troll would write and act. And give me a break, Zumba is written on the gym schedules and elsewhere all the time, nobody who does Zumba would think it was spelled zoomba. Just trying to be cute , annoying and illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 196July 6, 2016 10:26 PM

did he give the doorman his chips?

by Anonymousreply 197July 7, 2016 12:49 AM

As if R196 knows[italic] anything[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 198July 7, 2016 12:52 AM

I like this troll.

by Anonymousreply 199July 7, 2016 3:51 AM

Chips are very expensive, so I only buy them on a good sale or with a coupon.

by Anonymousreply 200July 7, 2016 3:53 AM

If this is the doorman asked me out guy then unfortunately, this thread will just peter out with no satisfaction. The OP has yet to learn how to end his stories.

by Anonymousreply 201July 7, 2016 3:59 AM

4.0/10 (3 for gaucolmoly, lolol. well played.)

by Anonymousreply 202July 7, 2016 4:04 AM

It's open-ended.

by Anonymousreply 203July 7, 2016 4:05 AM

Some people will wax nostalgic over Wise potato chips which you can't get here out west. I tried some not long ago, and they were terrible!

by Anonymousreply 204July 7, 2016 4:07 AM

Herr's chips, ALL the WAY

by Anonymousreply 205July 7, 2016 4:17 AM

We get Wise potato chips in PA. I like them fine.

by Anonymousreply 206July 7, 2016 4:20 AM

I only eat those Hawaiian kettle chips

by Anonymousreply 207July 7, 2016 4:20 AM

When I was a whippersnapper we had Charles Chips delivery.

by Anonymousreply 208July 7, 2016 4:20 AM

Same here, R208. In New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 209July 7, 2016 4:21 AM

For some reason, everyone where I lived called them "Charlie's Chips" instead of "Charles Chips."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 7, 2016 4:23 AM

Charles Chips, I remember them! People who wax nostalgic about Wise chips are older. Wise, Ruffles, Pringles , Lays. Not a lot of choice. Of course, there were pretzels and cheese doodles. The Cheese doodles of my childhood weren't these big styrofoam puffs sold now. They were smaller and very crunchy, addictive.

by Anonymousreply 211July 7, 2016 4:25 AM

Aren't Cheetos cheese doodles?

by Anonymousreply 212July 7, 2016 4:26 AM

I do say, Chap, this crisps are Bally Good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 7, 2016 4:29 AM

So the doorman now gets to yell at the rich blackie?

by Anonymousreply 214July 7, 2016 5:29 AM

The doorman knew OP would enjoy those lays with his PB&J shaped like scooby doo

by Anonymousreply 215July 7, 2016 5:32 AM

Yes, NJ

These days I get Cape Cod chips mostly.

by Anonymousreply 216July 7, 2016 5:41 AM

Bring Rotel next time

by Anonymousreply 217July 7, 2016 5:47 AM

[quote]Of course, there were pretzels and cheese doodles.

Well, of course.

by Anonymousreply 218July 7, 2016 9:26 AM

Alas, this thread has run its course, and we are only left with salty, unfunny, dust in our bag.

thanks again, OP, it was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 219July 7, 2016 9:34 AM

I'm making gauncolmoly for lunch

by Anonymousreply 220July 7, 2016 2:43 PM

My piece of shit older brother came for Thanksgiving dinner last year and brought two half-pies from Whole Foods. Upon leaving, he was already in his car when he realized that one of the half-pies hadn't been opened, so he came back into the house, took the unopened half-pie and left.

by Anonymousreply 221July 7, 2016 3:02 PM

Your Brother is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 222July 7, 2016 3:07 PM

Were they those Lay's Wavy Chips, the ones that give you the runs?

by Anonymousreply 223July 7, 2016 3:07 PM

Ruffles have ridges.

by Anonymousreply 224July 7, 2016 4:17 PM

Insert several medium sized chips into his anus and let the good times roll!

by Anonymousreply 225July 7, 2016 4:59 PM

This thread is getting too salty.

by Anonymousreply 226July 7, 2016 6:29 PM

There are more important things to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 227July 7, 2016 7:19 PM

Like what to have for lunch?

by Anonymousreply 228July 7, 2016 7:22 PM

I'll take a roast beef sandwich with that bag of chips

by Anonymousreply 229July 7, 2016 7:52 PM

HOLD THE MUSTARD R229!

Op I love that you're eating the chips while you type. HA!

I woulda took dem chips too!

Tell your husband to shut his yap.

by Anonymousreply 230July 7, 2016 9:41 PM

Everyone, please vote for your favorite OP spelling gaffe. I'd make it an "official" DL Poll, but I am not a paid subscriber.

I think I know which one will win, but the more participants, the merrier! Please select from the following:

1. backyard

2. elobaret

3. gaucolmoly

4. clamined

by Anonymousreply 231July 7, 2016 9:56 PM

^^^^ 1. Should be "bakyard" ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 232July 7, 2016 9:58 PM

Zoomba for the win ^^^

by Anonymousreply 233July 7, 2016 9:59 PM

OP sounds like he's related to the Costanzas. It's just a bag of chips, you shouldn't have made a big deal about it.

by Anonymousreply 234July 7, 2016 10:18 PM

I'm taking this thread off the watchlist. It's boring now, and it's over.

by Anonymousreply 235July 7, 2016 10:22 PM

[quote]3. gaucolmoly

HANDS, DOWN

by Anonymousreply 236July 8, 2016 5:02 AM

Elobaret = perfect name for a gay couple's baby. Suitable for either boy or girl!

by Anonymousreply 237July 8, 2016 12:05 PM

Elobaret Gaucolmoly for the win!!

by Anonymousreply 238July 8, 2016 2:32 PM

That Jackie On Assistance used to throw around 'elaboret' to make herself sound trés chic.

Didn't fool me - tacky tackie tacqueline

by Anonymousreply 239July 8, 2016 5:50 PM

R221 is your brother the OP?

by Anonymousreply 240July 9, 2016 5:33 AM

Tonight we went to my partner's brother's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks from his bakyard. In the middle of using the toilet, I saw a huge flood of DORITOS COOL RANCH FECES flooding my stall from the one next to it.

by Anonymousreply 241July 9, 2016 5:52 AM

[quote] Oh yes, this is absolutely the doorman asked me out troll. The response at [R96]. Is a dead giveaway and reads exactly the way the doorman asked me out troll would write and act. And give me a break, Zumba is written on the gym schedules and elsewhere all the time, nobody who does Zumba would think it was spelled zoomba. Just trying to be cute , annoying and illiterate.

In the previous thread he was rushing off to a marathon or AIDS Walk or something.

by Anonymousreply 242July 9, 2016 6:13 AM

Oh please OP, you referred to guacamole as 'ethnic.'

by Anonymousreply 243July 9, 2016 6:25 AM

I'm late to this party, but Whole Foods half-pie is my new everything, R221

by Anonymousreply 244July 20, 2016 8:34 AM

What are these half-pies you're speaking of? Are they in the frozen food section or in the baked goods section?

by Anonymousreply 245July 20, 2016 8:40 AM

Did that failed-actress-turned-avocado-grower who spoke at the RNC last night bring [bold]gaucolmoly[/bold] to share with everyone in attendance?

by Anonymousreply 246July 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Who only eats half a pie?

by Anonymousreply 247August 29, 2016 1:40 AM

Half pies are great for small households or for someone who doesn't want to go crazy with the carbs.

by Anonymousreply 248August 29, 2016 2:02 AM

I started reading this story misremembering that I had read it back when it was posted. OP you sound like trash.

Who returns chips BACK to the store. Potato chips. Either you are low rent or ancient.

Your partner sounds even trashier than you for getting so upset. LOL, bunch of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 249August 29, 2016 4:14 AM

Whole Foods half-pie, betch!

by Anonymousreply 250August 29, 2016 4:20 AM

Omfg

by Anonymousreply 251August 29, 2016 4:48 AM

None of this ever happened. It's all a crock of shit.

by Anonymousreply 252August 29, 2016 4:52 AM

Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 253August 29, 2016 4:55 AM

r252, who would make up such a lame story. Theres nothing salacious about it. Though it does seem to have a campy element reminiscent of pooh.

by Anonymousreply 254August 29, 2016 4:55 AM

Winnie the Pooh?

by Anonymousreply 255August 29, 2016 10:00 AM

Whole Foods half-pie emerges the victor in this Elegant Soirée's Tragedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 29, 2016 10:34 AM

^Just noticed there's a prescription bottle for Zarelto next to the half-pie.

Murica!

by Anonymousreply 257August 29, 2016 10:36 AM

ur a fat

by Anonymousreply 258June 29, 2020 6:41 AM

^^ the Bump Troll.

by Anonymousreply 259June 29, 2020 7:05 AM

A Schnitzer's marble rye maybe -- but leave the Lay's.

by Anonymousreply 260June 29, 2020 7:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!