Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My partner is yelling at me for asking for my chips back

Tonight we went to my partner's brother's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks from his bakyard. We had asked what we could bring and they kept telling us to bring nothing as they had everything covered. Well, we couldn't really show up empty-handed so I brought two bags of chips. It turns out they weren't really needed as they already had an elobaret spread with all sorts of chips and dips, gaucolmoly, hummus, cheeseballs, etc. No one touched my Lay's but my Cool Ranch Doritos were a hit as I guess the plain tortilla chips they provided were too plain, haha.

As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store. It's not like they were going to eat them since they had so much of their other chips leftover. The brother's wife kept insisting I take them and to take the half bag of Cool Ranch Doritos back too. She kept saying how she was going to gain too much weight if we left them there. After much back and forth and her being very persistant, I agreed and took them.

Now back in the car on the drive back, all hell breaks loose as my partner yells at me for taking the chips. I told him that she kept insisting I take them. It would have been rude to keep arguing with her. He kept saying it's bad etiquette to take back a hostess gift. I kept saying she insisted and was being very pushy and it's bad etiquette to argue with a host. He's saying I'm making him look bad to his family. Now we're still arguing and I can't even sleep. Instead I'm sitting here typing this while eating my Lay's. Who's right in this situation?

by Anonymousreply 26006/28/2020

Your partner is right if he DUMPS your ass; the spelling errors are atrocious. "Guacolmoly"?? Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 107/05/2016

Your bf is being a stupid prissy douche.

by Anonymousreply 207/05/2016

"No one touched my Lay's but my Cool Ranch Doritos were a hit"

I seriously can't stop laughing at this part.

You're all trash.

by Anonymousreply 307/05/2016

When I read the title I thought "it can't be about tortilla chips....surely?".

by Anonymousreply 407/05/2016

Gentle Reader,

Get back to me when you have some real fucking problems.

by Anonymousreply 507/05/2016

You're right. Your boyfriend is being an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 607/05/2016

You were right to take them be the SIL didn't want them. They are probably a temptation she doesn't want around the house.

by Anonymousreply 707/05/2016

YOU mentioned taking the chips home with you first. Now that should be in the 'tacky tells' thread.

Seriously, you get invited, the hosts invest the money into a big spread and all you think about is getting your fucking bag of Lays back? As your partner I'd have been mortified, do you bring your Tupperware to wedding buffets tool?

I LOVE the wife though, "Sure, take your Lays , take the half eaten bag of Doritos too! " You wanted to behave like trash and she made sure you did.

by Anonymousreply 807/05/2016

OP, if this "issue" is causing serious friction and high-volume arguments between you and your partner, you both need therapy.

I recommend doing it separately, not as a couple, because although you deserve each other and should therefore remain a couple, no therapist should have to deal with both of you at once.

After a few months of therapy, please come back and regale us all with a new and improved scenario illustrating how you have both grown and now argue only about important things, like what to bring to a pot luck.

by Anonymousreply 907/05/2016

Thanks guys for agreeing that my partner is being petty and an idiot. It makes me feel better.

R1, I never clamined to be a big speller. I don't eat ethnic food that much anyway.

R8, she INSISTED I take both bags because they were a temptation and she didn't want to get fat. What was I supposed to do? She said she was just going to throw it out anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1007/05/2016

Clamined?

WOW. I'm just curious to know how old you guys are. Teenagers?

by Anonymousreply 1107/05/2016

Oh god. Is this what poor people do at parties? Bring food, and argue over it?

by Anonymousreply 1207/05/2016

OP, it was rude to ask for them back, and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 1307/05/2016

It's a typ-o or auto-correct. I just switched the i and m. Geez, get off my back!

R12, we're not poor. And there was no arguing. She INSISTED! I took the chips to AVOID arguing!

by Anonymousreply 1407/05/2016

"I'm not a speller."

This is an option now?

by Anonymousreply 1507/05/2016

You're eating them as you type. Jesus H. Christ, what is this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 1607/05/2016

Worst fake story ever. OP should really go to Syria or Iraq with a one way ticket. No one needs to read such awful story telling and atrocious spelling. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 1707/05/2016

Do a couple of bags of chips actually qualify as a hostess gift?

by Anonymousreply 1807/05/2016

Don't worry OP. I'm sure your sister-in-law is just bracing herself for what a tacky Christmas it's going to be.

by Anonymousreply 1907/05/2016

R13, it would be tacky to refuse the host and do the opposite of what she says.

by Anonymousreply 2007/05/2016

So nice to see an OP actually engaged with his storytelling and willing to come back and amend/ defend/ expand on his story.

This is what's been in short supply on DL lately.

Remember the days of Denny/ Danny? Now THAT was effective thread-running.

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2016

R20/OP, you stated that you mentioned that you should take the unopened bag back. That was rude and tacky IMO. You asked for opinions and that is mine; you were rude and tacky to mention that you wanted the chips back. If you don't want opinions then don't fucking ask for them.

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2016

You take the chips if she insisted you bring them home. That you wanted them isn't even a question.

by Anonymousreply 2307/05/2016

Now return both bags of chips to yje store. Tell them you hated the doritos that is why they are only half eaten and demand a refund!

by Anonymousreply 2407/05/2016

You should have brought wine, something summery, and if unopened at the end of the party, left it there. What part of "gift" do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2016

R19, she's not invited for Christmas as we're going on a cruise. But me and my partner are hosting Thanksgiving at our housr and the sleepover for Black Friday. And I will let her take as many bags of chips as she wants then. I;m not petty like that.

R22, I only mentioned it because I saw that the bag was completely untouched and UNOPENED! I hate to see food wasted, espeally something that is completely new and unopened. She said she was on a diet and didn't want to get fat so she was going to waste them and throw them away. Why would she throw them away when I can have them?

R24, return something half eaten to the store? Now THAT"S tackey!

by Anonymousreply 2607/05/2016

Your partner should yell at you more. Under no circumstances should you have agreed to take them back, I don't care how much she insisted. All you brought was two bags of chips, leaving them there is the least you can do.

by Anonymousreply 2707/05/2016

"espeally "

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 2807/05/2016

R26 Returning any cheap food item to the store is tacky.

by Anonymousreply 2907/05/2016

OP is cute! His spelling of "guacamole" is simply adorbs!

by Anonymousreply 3007/05/2016

Dump your bf You two are incompatible.

by Anonymousreply 3107/05/2016

It doesn't matter how much she insisted, YOU started by wanting a cheap 'gift' back, her insisting you take it was to show you what a jerk you are.

by Anonymousreply 3207/05/2016

You really need to get a grip with your spelling, OP. Are you dyslexic?

by Anonymousreply 3307/05/2016

No onion dip? I love onion dip with my chips.

by Anonymousreply 3407/05/2016

What other food was there? I'm trying to understand where the immensely popular Cool Ranch Doritos sat in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 3507/05/2016

She asked you not to bring anything. That's what you should have done in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 3607/05/2016

Or, bring a bottle of wine, thank them for the invitation and ask them to enjoy it at some point in the future.

by Anonymousreply 3707/05/2016

Love that this EST OP refers to Doritos as 'ethnic food.' Apparently you are still too subtle for some OP!

by Anonymousreply 3807/05/2016

OP, did you make love to your boyfriend today, after what happened last night?

Conquer your boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3907/05/2016

I'm sorry but who returns a bag of Lays to the store? No adult who wasn't cheap as fuck would even consider doing this. OP's boyfriend only got mad since this may not have been the first display of his super cheap tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 4007/05/2016

OP, get back to us when your boyfriend beats you because of what you did. Then we'll have some fun with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4107/05/2016

'Straight to Comments' as the fraus say on the Daily Wail

by Anonymousreply 4207/05/2016

Bless you, OP. Nothing sets the DL aflame like white trash etiquette wars. I hope this joins classics like once around the garden and lesbian pot luck wedding.

by Anonymousreply 4307/05/2016

OP taking a break from his thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4407/05/2016

Might be something more than the chips going on there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4507/05/2016

Stinky linky, R44.

by Anonymousreply 4607/05/2016

Sister- in - law: "Bye Mr. Chips!"

by Anonymousreply 4707/05/2016

Who should play you and your bf in the made for TV movie? The script will have to be dramatized to include domestic abuse, kinky sex and possibly murder.

by Anonymousreply 4807/05/2016

Guess who works for Doritos!

by Anonymousreply 4907/05/2016

0/10

It would have been better if you RSVP'd to the party, could not go and were billed by the SIL for two bags of chips.

Or the chips you brought did not go with the SIL's Sole Veronique and she immediately hid them.

Or your sister was raped by a guy who worked at Frito-Lay and she promptly opened the bags and handed them out to her neighbor who was perched outside her apt. window ledge.

by Anonymousreply 5007/05/2016

Really, OP? Really?

I never met anyone who would take chips back to the store.

Your partner is wrong and right. Technically you don't take a hostess gift back. But when the Hostess insists and insists and it's just a bag of chips it's not even worth a conversation. Why is your partner making this a big issue? That is the better question. It's not a Right or Wrong issue. It's a relationship issue and it's about the dynamics of his relationship with his family.

by Anonymousreply 5107/05/2016

SIL probably didn't want them as I guess she know you are cash poor and cheap. Really? Low Class Gays. This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 5207/05/2016

R50 for W&W; I am laughing my ASS off; bravo, R50!

by Anonymousreply 5307/05/2016

OP snacking on his tasty Lay's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5407/05/2016

[quote]You should have brought wine, something summery, and if unopened at the end of the party, left it there. What part of "gift" do you not understand?

Exactly. When food is covered you just bring alcohol, either to enjoy at the party or for the host to keep and enjoy at a later date if they have their own drinks ready. It is really fucking simple.

This story is probably fake but it made me laugh this morning anyway. And I love you r35.

by Anonymousreply 5507/05/2016

[quote] As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

You are the cheapest, nastiest piece of shit. Your partner is probably tired of your cheap and ungenerous ass.

by Anonymousreply 5607/05/2016

I can't stop laughing imagining someone returning a bag of chips to a store.

Unless you are homeless and literally dying for the money back, DONATE them to a shelter or just give them to someone homeless for fucks' sake.

by Anonymousreply 5707/05/2016

LEAVE OP AND HIS GRAMMAR ALONE! HE HASNT HURT ANYBODY!

Even bad spellers need to vent.

by Anonymousreply 5807/05/2016

Pure trash. OP and his boyfriend are made for each other. Both sound stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5907/05/2016

The best solution here is to turn the negative into a positive. Create some good karma in this world by donating the unopened bag of Lays potato chips to a near-by food shelter. I can't imagine your partner having a problem with that. The bonus part of this small gesture, in addition to making the world a slightly better place, is that you get the upper hand of making your partner feel like a real douche bag since you did something altruistic with the bag of Lays brand potato chips. Now, as for the Cool Ranch Doritos...since the bag was already open and half-eaten it's perfectly acceptable for you to finish eating the bag. It would be tacky to donate a half-eaten bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to a food shelter.

If your partner for some reason is historically opposed to food shelters, you should plan a nice outing at the local park with your partner. Take the the bag of Lays brand potato chips with you and when you get to the duck pond, the two of you can have a few special moments feeding the potato chips to the ducks. You might even want to hire a photographer to capture the moment. If any of the photos turn out nice (maybe some soft gauzy sunlight in the background as you and your partner smile and laugh while feeding the ducks) you can use that pic on your Christmas card later this year.

Why is it so hard for millennials to take a negative and turn it into something positive?

by Anonymousreply 6007/05/2016

This is disguising something else in your relationship. Is your BF frustrated with your recent weight gain? Chips...do you really need chips?

It also sounds like he controls the spending in your relationship and you haven't accepted your role as bottom bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6107/05/2016

OP. Ypu need to patch things up with your partner. here's what you do. Tell him you want to play a fame. Get him naked and tie him to your bed. Then, dump the bag of chips on his naked body, and eat them off. Make sure you lick off the salt and grease too. Add dip if you wish. I think he may look at a bag of chips differently after that.

by Anonymousreply 6207/05/2016

OP, sweetheart, you and your boyfriend and his family are utter trash.

by Anonymousreply 6307/05/2016

A classy person never goes to a party empty-handed, and, most certainly, doesn't re-take the gift. That is a poor, selfish move on your part. Think of all the trouble they went through to clean, prepare, and provide at the party and you had the audacity to take away a stupid bag of chips. Not good for you.

by Anonymousreply 6407/05/2016

OP graduated Brown. This is a semiotic EST of staggering sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 6507/05/2016

[quote]asking for my chips back

They ceased being YOUR chips the moment you arrived at your host's party.

But of course this never happened.

by Anonymousreply 6607/05/2016

It's a very clever bit of ESTing, and I doff my cap at our amusing OP

by Anonymousreply 6707/05/2016

[Quote] But me and my partner are hosting Thanksgiving at our housr and the sleepover for Black Friday.

OP is American trash at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 6807/05/2016

R64, when I throw a party, unless I declare it a potluck, I really, truly don't want anyone to bring anything else. I've got it covered. The only exception is if you call right before you come over to see if there's something I need at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 6907/05/2016

[quote] He kept saying it's bad etiquette to take back a hostess gift.

Of course it fucking is. Gifts - especially hostess gifts - should be given without regard for whether or how they they are used. Like a bottle of wine or a vase of flowers, gifts are given freely. A gift given is a gift gone; it's not yours after you give it away. Forget about it.

If it's not used immediately, assume that your hosts will find some use for it later, or regift it to an enemy, or feed it to their free-range chickens, or toss it straight into the rubbish bin. It's not your concern. You gave a gift as a symbol of friendship and gratitude, not to be a fucking cunt about policing the gift and making sure that the lucky recipients eat every fucking mouthful of your gift while you watch.

Of course this never happened...

[quote] I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

Only a middle-aged or old woman would even contemplate returning a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 7007/05/2016

OP, you did nothing wrong. People on this site just love to attack.

Your boy friend, however, is way out of line. It was nothing: extra food, sister-in-law says, Take it, you took it. Your boy friend shouldn't even have noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 7107/05/2016

Holy Guacolmoly! If OP is returning an unopended bag of chips to the store for a refund, she's probably at least 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 7207/05/2016

this is OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7307/05/2016

OP when he got home:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7407/05/2016

[quote]"Sure, take your Lays , take the half eaten bag of Doritos too! " You wanted to behave like trash and she made sure you did.

I see this in black and white, directed by Mike Nichols.

by Anonymousreply 7507/05/2016

[quote]OP, you did nothing wrong. People on this site just love to attack.

Are you kidding me?!?!?

Read this sentence again

[quote]As we were leaving, I mentioned that I should bring the unopened bag of Lay's home since it was completely unopened and perfectly untouched. I figured even if I don't eat them later I could return it to the store.

If you honestly don't think there is anything wrong with this you are trash.

by Anonymousreply 7607/05/2016

Here's where DL excels, showing us how the lower classes think and conduct themselves. Dear, you worry about "rude" and "etiquette" over a bag of a $3 snack? Now really! But yes the lady didn't want temptation of cheap/fattening snack food left over beyond what she'd prepared, so taking back chips seems ok to me …. but really, to return to the store? How cheap are you? R19 gives me an idea … give the chips back, wrapped for Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 7707/05/2016

[quote]at our house and the sleepover for Black Friday.

oh, fuck me, if this couldn't get more tacky! I hear banjos. . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 7807/05/2016

This is worse than Les Mis, it was only over a loaf of bread!!

by Anonymousreply 7907/05/2016

OP let's be honest... you are no masturbating temp.

by Anonymousreply 8007/05/2016

but les miz didn't have cool ranch doritos, now did it?

by Anonymousreply 8107/05/2016

OP, next time, just bring a bag so that you can take the free bread pudding being offered, no need to eat it there, it's just there for the taking!

by Anonymousreply 8207/05/2016

Tacky and embarrassing. I am not saying I am Emily Post but once you bring something to someones house you leave it. You made yourself look like an ass over a bag of chips. I would not have a friend like you and not because I care what other people think but because you also show yourself to be very petty in your dealings.

by Anonymousreply 8307/05/2016

I am dying. This post is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 8407/05/2016

I'M dying too, for another bag of some cool ranch Doritos!

by Anonymousreply 8507/05/2016

OP, some may criticize you, but I think you're all that and a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 8607/05/2016

You could have at least sprung for chips with pizzazz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8707/05/2016

next time, OP, at least grab on to something a little meatier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8807/05/2016

Something like chips? Really, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8907/05/2016

We have proof now everyone, PJ and Thomas ARE posting on the DL.

This trashy fight just reeks of our favorite backwater Tennessee instagay couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9007/05/2016

R77 sums it all up for us.

by Anonymousreply 9107/05/2016

"Black Friday sleepover???"

Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 9207/05/2016

Donate them to a food pantry and ask if they will send your host a letter acknowledging the generous donation you made in her name. You will win even more points for this!

by Anonymousreply 9307/05/2016

get a new life! Give it up!

by Anonymousreply 9407/05/2016

OP is behind the doorman thread as well.

by Anonymousreply 9507/05/2016

Sorry for the late reply. I accidently fell asleep on the coach after I polished off the bag and had myself a good cry.

R33, I don't think it's PC to call someone that anymore in 2006.

R34, R35, there might have been onion dip there. As I said, there were a lot of differnet kinds of dips and hummus's and stuff like that. I didn't get a chance to sample each one. Maybe next time.

R38, I have never ever in my life referred to Doritos as ethnic food. I'm not a rube.

R41, domestic violance is never funny.

R48, I'm flattered you think we could be in a movie but sadly I don't think they make TV movies about gay lives, at least not on Lifetime. As for casting, James Franco can play me, Ashton Kutcher can play my partner, Kevin James can play his brother and Melissa McCarthy can play his wife.

R50, I have no idea what your talking about as you make 0 sense.

R55, A. alcohol is expensive AF, B. they don't drink.

R57, It's not like I make a habit out of returning things to the store. I will only return something if it's completely new and UNOPENED and if I have a RECEIPT! It's usually not a problem if I have a receipt.

R60, thank you for the kind suggestion, sort of like a play it forward type of deal. I like it, I like it alot. Too bad I already ate the bag.

R62, my you are kinky, lol!

R71, thank you! Exactly!

R77, it's not the price of the gift, it's the principal! And yes, she didn't want temptation so what could I do but give in to her? It's not like I asked for her leftover chips and dips.

R86, thank you.

R95, I don't know what that means.

Thank you for all the support, everyone. I must be off to the farmer's market now. And then it's time to hit the gym, Raul is teaching Zoomba today, lol! Work off those chips baby!

by Anonymousreply 9607/05/2016

It's the principal indeed.

by Anonymousreply 9707/05/2016

Jesus fucking Christ. Is this the most serious thing you two have to argue about?

by Anonymousreply 9807/05/2016

Zoomba? Now my hate is complete.

by Anonymousreply 9907/05/2016

[quote]I'm sitting here typing this while eating my Lay's.

I thought the whole point of your de-gifting was to return the chips to the store so you could get the $3 back?

by Anonymousreply 10007/05/2016

You're all missing the obvious solution. Put the bag away till the next party and take them as an offering to the hostess. Hopefully not the SIL again.

by Anonymousreply 10107/05/2016

Trashey drahma.

by Anonymousreply 10207/05/2016

If putting you down for a minor faux pas makes your bf feel better about himself, then he is an insecure jerk who belongs with his kindred on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10307/05/2016

Zoomba? is this like a roomba?

by Anonymousreply 10407/05/2016

The OPs last response read exactly like the doorman storyteller's style.

It's all so much bullshit. But the responses are excellent!

by Anonymousreply 10507/05/2016

[quote]OP is behind the doorman thread as well.

OP replies

[quote][R95], I don't know what that means.

Yes, R96 is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced.

Caught and done.

by Anonymousreply 10607/05/2016

Time for the Rumba! or is it roomba? I can't tell, I'm not much into 'ethnic " things.

by Anonymousreply 10707/05/2016

The OP's story was amusing and led to some great bitchy responses. Isn't that what actually matters?

by Anonymousreply 10807/05/2016

Cool Ranch & Lays...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10907/05/2016

r90 that's what I thought, too! I imagine those Tennessee property lover boys bickering over "class" and carbs for their whole drive down to the Redneck Riviera.

by Anonymousreply 11007/05/2016

3/10

by Anonymousreply 11107/05/2016

I do not agree that the return of chips to the store should be a a definite no-no. What if you bought the wrong flavor? Can't an exception be made in that case?

by Anonymousreply 11207/05/2016

I know how you feel, OP. I HATE it when my Lay's are even touched!

by Anonymousreply 11307/05/2016

R96 James Franco can play you? Now I understand the problem!

by Anonymousreply 11407/05/2016

[quote] Yes, [R96] is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced. Caught and done.

For some reason I doubt that a gay man is creating these bullshit threads.

by Anonymousreply 11507/05/2016

So this is how OP's cousin got so fat, eating Lay's and Dorito's. Did you eat onion dip out of his ass?

by Anonymousreply 11607/05/2016

R115, I dont.

by Anonymousreply 11707/05/2016

and here she is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11807/05/2016

We found OP: she was indulging in a cup of ciappucino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11907/05/2016

"an elobaret spread"

That's when you show your hole and pour wine over it?

by Anonymousreply 12007/05/2016

Elobaret? Your Hebrew name?

by Anonymousreply 12107/05/2016

That Claire would never have gone ape over Ruth's Chris.

by Anonymousreply 12207/05/2016

Bring this next time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12307/05/2016

Truly witty, R123.

by Anonymousreply 12407/05/2016

[quote] been here since Claire, Gays make the best trolls

This is the "best"?

by Anonymousreply 12507/05/2016

[quote]they already had an elobaret spread

Come to elobaret, old chum!

by Anonymousreply 12607/05/2016

Did they use Chinet or the cheap ass paper plates where your Jello salad just slides off?

by Anonymousreply 12707/05/2016

Now I want chips.

by Anonymousreply 12807/05/2016

What are chips?

by Anonymousreply 12907/05/2016

Still with this we're talking?????

by Anonymousreply 13007/05/2016

[quote]elobaret

Oh my dear sweet Jebus no!

by Anonymousreply 13107/05/2016

OP is lying. He probably either asked for them back or took them when no one was looking and his partner called him out on it.

Thread CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 13207/05/2016

OP just made my life look so much better. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 13307/05/2016

this thread is fun.

by Anonymousreply 13407/05/2016

The correct form is 'Fank you, Fank you, Fank you!', R133

by Anonymousreply 13507/05/2016

Op, You keep saying you did not ask for the chips, but you did! She insisted only after you mentioned them and she did that to diffuse an embarrassing situation. And no you don't return some cheap snack like this to the store. Just suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 13607/05/2016

Oh please I must know was there a working margarine fountain for dipping of corn at this shindig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13707/05/2016

OP, I didn't use the term "spastic". Dyslexia is a medically recognised learning impairment and NOTHING to be ashamed of. I seriously considered your spelling could be explained by it. Also, to be described as dyslexic is not an insult.

by Anonymousreply 13807/05/2016

Is this you Ken?

by Anonymousreply 13907/05/2016

This is how i would have handled your damn potato chips if I was your man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14007/05/2016

I'm guessing that OP is the top in this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 14107/05/2016

OP needs to pour some graxy on his partner

by Anonymousreply 14207/05/2016

R140, is it me or does that gravel look blue like his shoes?

by Anonymousreply 14307/05/2016

it's either Blue/black or White/gold.

by Anonymousreply 14407/05/2016

OP, it was a mistake to ask for the chips back. It's just not done. Even though the host might have gotten 8 bags of chips, you still shouldn't ask for them.

You might be so close to the family (though it seems not in this case) that it still seems like you're all one entity, but you're not. And this is the kind of thing people will latch on to if they are looking for an excuse to nurse a resentment.

I do the reverse thing. My sister is very frugal because she has to be because of her income and spending. So, when I find I have excess household items, I bring them and stash them in her closets. She might not even know that she got extra light bulbs or cleaning supplies from the majic fairy. But it doesn't matter. I don't like throwing perfectly good things away, and she needs them, so I do it.

by Anonymousreply 14507/05/2016

R106: Yes, [R96] is right. In the doorman thread, OP would reply to long lists of quotes from other posters, and deny knowledge of pre-existing threads referenced. Caught and done.

Why does it matter if OP wrote another thread? I really don't understand why this is addressed as an accusation?

by Anonymousreply 14607/05/2016

Omg, someone please put R146 out of her dim misery. It would be a mercy.

by Anonymousreply 14707/05/2016

R145 = good samaritan

by Anonymousreply 14807/05/2016

go ahead, OP, take a bite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14907/05/2016

[quote]She might not even know that she got extra light bulbs or cleaning supplies from the majic fairy.

....so she goes out and buys them anyway because she doesn't know they're there.

by Anonymousreply 15007/05/2016

FEAST your eyes, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15107/05/2016

Thank you for this OP. This is why I've missed DL for the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 15207/05/2016

I'm getting hungry. And that pic makes Claire's bread pudding look inedible.

by Anonymousreply 15307/05/2016

Less than 24 hours and I caved and bought a bag of chips. Also got a pint of sour cream for home made green onion dip. I skipped dinner tonight. Now getting off DL to eat them with a vodka tonic while watching the third episode of Endeavor. It is a 90 minute episode, so I can much steadily throughout.

by Anonymousreply 15407/05/2016

DAmn, See what you did, OP!

Obesity will now SWEEP through the nation's Gays!

by Anonymousreply 15507/05/2016

[quote] A. alcohol is expensive AF

Queen, please. It would have made people happier than your goddamned chips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15607/05/2016

Op needs this for her next party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15707/05/2016

Darling OP, I'm never inviting you to one of my parties. Cheers, thanks a lot!

by Anonymousreply 15807/05/2016

Are those unopened and uneaten, R151?

*makes space in the trunk*

Where's the hostess?

by Anonymousreply 15907/05/2016

So will there be any angry makeup sex where he calls you a cheap slut and you call him a control freak?

by Anonymousreply 16007/05/2016

I see face slaps in the future

by Anonymousreply 16107/05/2016

So, if you bring wine to a party, and your host chooses not to serve it, then you're supposed to take it home with you?

by Anonymousreply 16207/05/2016

But why wouldn't he serve it? What's wrong with my wine?

by Anonymousreply 16307/05/2016

I don't know which is wackier: the fact that someone created this post in the first place, or the fact that 163 of you screaming queens have responded to it.

by Anonymousreply 16407/05/2016

R163, you have shit taste, thats why, stick to frito-lay!

by Anonymousreply 16507/05/2016

[quote]"Guacolmoly"?? Oh, DEAR.

NO! it's Gaucolmoly

by Anonymousreply 16607/05/2016

This tale could have been a lot worse. OP could have been talking about a bag of Cheetos instead.

Did you pocket the remaining red dragon cheese and crumbled crackers that were sitting on the snack table, too?

I can't even believe you brought a bag of chips to a party. Wine or even beer, is much more appropriate.

I don't know what's more embarrassing - this tale you tell, or the fact that you've found this website to tell it.

by Anonymousreply 16707/05/2016

R161, I hope those slaps will land on your face.

by Anonymousreply 16807/05/2016

R145 That is the most fucked up thing I have heard. Your sister is poor so you stash your shit you do not want in her closets without telling her. 1) I do not believe anyone is that fucked in the head/retarded 2) I really hate you so blocked

by Anonymousreply 16907/06/2016

OP is definitely not all that and a bag of chips.

by Anonymousreply 17007/06/2016

R169 I thought that story was sort of sweet. The sister is on to it of course.

by Anonymousreply 17107/06/2016

You know, chips ain't cheap. You can spend $4-$5 bucks on a bag of chips. Stores in my area outside of Chicago it costs at least $3.99. Not defending OP but still...

by Anonymousreply 17207/06/2016

And even if your host did not open that $2.99 bottle of Charles Shaw, you cannot ask for it back.

by Anonymousreply 17307/06/2016

The fact that you were even contemplating returning the bag of chips to the store is evidence enough that you're an insufferable tightwad. She, your BF and many others have likely already noticed that about you, which is why she insisted on you taking them home with you. You may have gotten your chips back, but you also got read for being selfish, stingy, and inconsiderate.

by Anonymousreply 17407/06/2016

OP, does your local bodega have a restocking fee on snacks?

by Anonymousreply 17507/06/2016

OP lives in Tennessee - they don't have no "bodegas" - remember, he's not that much into Ethnic foods.

by Anonymousreply 17607/06/2016

This is like the Doorman reincarnated as a redneck who can't spell. I'm thinking that the OP is practicing his regional dialogue writing for his fan fiction workshop.

by Anonymousreply 17707/06/2016

He needs to head to Ruth's Chris is see what he can find!

by Anonymousreply 17807/06/2016

I'm a little sad gaucolmoly is not turning into the graxy of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 17907/06/2016

OP your thread has run out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 18007/06/2016

It was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 18107/06/2016

yes it was.

by Anonymousreply 18207/06/2016

I'm crying as i Type this

by Anonymousreply 18307/06/2016

nobody left here but the crumbs of DL.

by Anonymousreply 18407/06/2016

OP, did you and your partner have hot makeup sex?

by Anonymousreply 18507/06/2016

Not even the most devoted Oh, Dear can remember the spelling, R179.

by Anonymousreply 18607/06/2016

Holymoly! ^^^

by Anonymousreply 18707/06/2016

If you had returned the chips, op, would it have been credited to your EBT card, or would they have given you a store voucher? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you're not allowed to receive cash back on a EBT purchase.

by Anonymousreply 18807/06/2016

That might have worked, R188, if it had managed to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 18907/06/2016

And even when my chips are low, there's still some left for givin'

by Anonymousreply 19007/06/2016

The chips are down, OP needs to give up

by Anonymousreply 19107/06/2016

I didn't read the whole thread but you're leaving the OP off easy. His spelling was even worse. GAUCAMOLY. AU! And what about ELOBARET?

by Anonymousreply 19207/06/2016

Both of those have been mentioned many times, R192. You're fucking lazy. Read the whole damn thread rather than coming across as a late-to-the-party fool.

by Anonymousreply 19307/06/2016

I'm through my chips in for the WHOLE thread

by Anonymousreply 19407/06/2016

R194 oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 19507/06/2016

Oh yes, this is absolutely the doorman asked me out troll. The response at r96. Is a dead giveaway and reads exactly the way the doorman asked me out troll would write and act. And give me a break, Zumba is written on the gym schedules and elsewhere all the time, nobody who does Zumba would think it was spelled zoomba. Just trying to be cute , annoying and illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 19607/06/2016

did he give the doorman his chips?

by Anonymousreply 19707/06/2016

As if R196 knows[italic] anything[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 19807/06/2016

I like this troll.

by Anonymousreply 19907/06/2016

Chips are very expensive, so I only buy them on a good sale or with a coupon.

by Anonymousreply 20007/06/2016

If this is the doorman asked me out guy then unfortunately, this thread will just peter out with no satisfaction. The OP has yet to learn how to end his stories.

by Anonymousreply 20107/06/2016

4.0/10 (3 for gaucolmoly, lolol. well played.)

by Anonymousreply 20207/06/2016

It's open-ended.

by Anonymousreply 20307/06/2016

Some people will wax nostalgic over Wise potato chips which you can't get here out west. I tried some not long ago, and they were terrible!

by Anonymousreply 20407/06/2016

Herr's chips, ALL the WAY

by Anonymousreply 20507/06/2016

We get Wise potato chips in PA. I like them fine.

by Anonymousreply 20607/06/2016

I only eat those Hawaiian kettle chips

by Anonymousreply 20707/06/2016

When I was a whippersnapper we had Charles Chips delivery.

by Anonymousreply 20807/06/2016

Same here, R208. In New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 20907/06/2016

For some reason, everyone where I lived called them "Charlie's Chips" instead of "Charles Chips."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21007/06/2016

Charles Chips, I remember them! People who wax nostalgic about Wise chips are older. Wise, Ruffles, Pringles , Lays. Not a lot of choice. Of course, there were pretzels and cheese doodles. The Cheese doodles of my childhood weren't these big styrofoam puffs sold now. They were smaller and very crunchy, addictive.

by Anonymousreply 21107/06/2016

Aren't Cheetos cheese doodles?

by Anonymousreply 21207/06/2016

I do say, Chap, this crisps are Bally Good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21307/06/2016

So the doorman now gets to yell at the rich blackie?

by Anonymousreply 21407/06/2016

The doorman knew OP would enjoy those lays with his PB&J shaped like scooby doo

by Anonymousreply 21507/06/2016

Yes, NJ

These days I get Cape Cod chips mostly.

by Anonymousreply 21607/06/2016

Bring Rotel next time

by Anonymousreply 21707/06/2016

[quote]Of course, there were pretzels and cheese doodles.

Well, of course.

by Anonymousreply 21807/07/2016

Alas, this thread has run its course, and we are only left with salty, unfunny, dust in our bag.

thanks again, OP, it was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 21907/07/2016

I'm making gauncolmoly for lunch

by Anonymousreply 22007/07/2016

My piece of shit older brother came for Thanksgiving dinner last year and brought two half-pies from Whole Foods. Upon leaving, he was already in his car when he realized that one of the half-pies hadn't been opened, so he came back into the house, took the unopened half-pie and left.

by Anonymousreply 22107/07/2016

Your Brother is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 22207/07/2016

Were they those Lay's Wavy Chips, the ones that give you the runs?

by Anonymousreply 22307/07/2016

Ruffles have ridges.

by Anonymousreply 22407/07/2016

Insert several medium sized chips into his anus and let the good times roll!

by Anonymousreply 22507/07/2016

This thread is getting too salty.

by Anonymousreply 22607/07/2016

There are more important things to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 22707/07/2016

Like what to have for lunch?

by Anonymousreply 22807/07/2016

I'll take a roast beef sandwich with that bag of chips

by Anonymousreply 22907/07/2016

HOLD THE MUSTARD R229!

Op I love that you're eating the chips while you type. HA!

I woulda took dem chips too!

Tell your husband to shut his yap.

by Anonymousreply 23007/07/2016

Everyone, please vote for your favorite OP spelling gaffe. I'd make it an "official" DL Poll, but I am not a paid subscriber.

I think I know which one will win, but the more participants, the merrier! Please select from the following:

1. backyard

2. elobaret

3. gaucolmoly

4. clamined

by Anonymousreply 23107/07/2016

^^^^ 1. Should be "bakyard" ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 23207/07/2016

Zoomba for the win ^^^

by Anonymousreply 23307/07/2016

OP sounds like he's related to the Costanzas. It's just a bag of chips, you shouldn't have made a big deal about it.

by Anonymousreply 23407/07/2016

I'm taking this thread off the watchlist. It's boring now, and it's over.

by Anonymousreply 23507/07/2016

[quote]3. gaucolmoly

HANDS, DOWN

by Anonymousreply 23607/07/2016

Elobaret = perfect name for a gay couple's baby. Suitable for either boy or girl!

by Anonymousreply 23707/08/2016

Elobaret Gaucolmoly for the win!!

by Anonymousreply 23807/08/2016

That Jackie On Assistance used to throw around 'elaboret' to make herself sound trés chic.

Didn't fool me - tacky tackie tacqueline

by Anonymousreply 23907/08/2016

R221 is your brother the OP?

by Anonymousreply 24007/08/2016

Tonight we went to my partner's brother's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks from his bakyard. In the middle of using the toilet, I saw a huge flood of DORITOS COOL RANCH FECES flooding my stall from the one next to it.

by Anonymousreply 24107/08/2016

[quote] Oh yes, this is absolutely the doorman asked me out troll. The response at [R96]. Is a dead giveaway and reads exactly the way the doorman asked me out troll would write and act. And give me a break, Zumba is written on the gym schedules and elsewhere all the time, nobody who does Zumba would think it was spelled zoomba. Just trying to be cute , annoying and illiterate.

In the previous thread he was rushing off to a marathon or AIDS Walk or something.

by Anonymousreply 24207/08/2016

Oh please OP, you referred to guacamole as 'ethnic.'

by Anonymousreply 24307/08/2016

I'm late to this party, but Whole Foods half-pie is my new everything, R221

by Anonymousreply 24407/20/2016

What are these half-pies you're speaking of? Are they in the frozen food section or in the baked goods section?

by Anonymousreply 24507/20/2016

Did that failed-actress-turned-avocado-grower who spoke at the RNC last night bring [bold]gaucolmoly[/bold] to share with everyone in attendance?

by Anonymousreply 24607/20/2016

Who only eats half a pie?

by Anonymousreply 24708/28/2016

Half pies are great for small households or for someone who doesn't want to go crazy with the carbs.

by Anonymousreply 24808/28/2016

I started reading this story misremembering that I had read it back when it was posted. OP you sound like trash.

Who returns chips BACK to the store. Potato chips. Either you are low rent or ancient.

Your partner sounds even trashier than you for getting so upset. LOL, bunch of cunts.

by Anonymousreply 24908/28/2016

Whole Foods half-pie, betch!

by Anonymousreply 25008/28/2016

Omfg

by Anonymousreply 25108/28/2016

None of this ever happened. It's all a crock of shit.

by Anonymousreply 25208/28/2016

Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 25308/28/2016

r252, who would make up such a lame story. Theres nothing salacious about it. Though it does seem to have a campy element reminiscent of pooh.

by Anonymousreply 25408/28/2016

Winnie the Pooh?

by Anonymousreply 25508/29/2016

Whole Foods half-pie emerges the victor in this Elegant Soirée's Tragedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25608/29/2016

^Just noticed there's a prescription bottle for Zarelto next to the half-pie.

Murica!

by Anonymousreply 25708/29/2016

ur a fat

by Anonymousreply 25806/28/2020

^^ the Bump Troll.

by Anonymousreply 25906/28/2020

A Schnitzer's marble rye maybe -- but leave the Lay's.

by Anonymousreply 26006/28/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!