Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever gotten revenge on an ex?

Have you ever gotten revenge on an ex? If so what did you do? Why did you do it?

With two of my ex's I got revenge by living well and showing them I did not need them.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2020 5:00 PM

I got revenge by not answering any of his calls, texts and emails after we broke up.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2016 6:42 PM

I didn't do this *just* to get revenge, but after my first serious relationship ended, I lost 75 lbs. of ugly fat over a period of a year, and I have never gained it back.

You should have seen the look on her face the next time we ran into each other.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2016 6:49 PM

Yeah, I saw him on a gay dating website years later and pretended I was interested using a fake profile. He replied with face pics and nude shots of his body including his cock. I then replied that I knew him. I told him I was an old friend of his mother's and I was going to show those pictures to everyone in his hometown. He went crazy! LOL

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2016 6:54 PM

My ex carried on a year-long affair behind my back under the guise of "traveling for work," then moved to a different city and into the guy's house, disappearing for good. He left all of his things behind and I never saw him again. He competely ghosted me. It was truly bizarre and beyond cruel, and I had all sorts of revenge fantasies. But I let it go, and went on with my life.

Fast-forward two years, and I ran into a former mutual friend of both of us who I hadn't seen in a while. She had stayed in touch with my friend, but was sympathetic to what he did to me. She gave me the news: he was fired from the job he had for abusing work travel (the same work travel he had used to cheat on me), the guy he dumped me for had cheated on him and left him, and he was now on unemployment trying to get out of the shitty city he moved to.

I don't care how unevolved this makes me seem, but I was so happy I cried. I don't believe in the supernatural or karma, but he definitely got what was coming.

I win.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2016 6:58 PM

Bravo, R2 !

Brava? Who cares, good for you.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2016 6:58 PM

I have one ex who's a born loser, and another who's bipolar. There's no need for revenge, the revenge is that they both have to wake up every morning knowing full well that they have to face another day being them. And trust me, that's worse than anything anyone could ever do to either of them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2016 7:09 PM

I didn't, but karma got her quickly. She left me for some chick she met on a dating website, whom she had never met. We broke up, she tells the girl about it, and......the girl confesses that all of the pictures she had sent weren't of her, they were of her much hotter ex. The girl was actually under 5' tall and about 300 pounds (not exaggerating). karma is a bitch, and no I did not take her back!

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2016 7:29 PM

I tried my damndest but nothing worked. The cheating. The first time, I put him in the car and dropped him off at a motel (we had just moved intogether). He rented an apt around the corner.) Back together again, but living separately, I then slept with guys better looking and more accomplished than he was thinking that would get him to insure monogamy for sure. No reaction. One time, after a fight I placed a bouquet of stanky long-dead roses under his windshield wiper. I forgot to lock my car and found them scattered in the interior when I went out to go somewhere (brand new car!) Finally, I moved away. He moved to the city I lived in but I found someone new. He did too. And this new person cheated on him! He couldn't take it and actually almost choked the guy to death. Someone had to pull him off the poor guy.

All in all, revenge never works, despite the momentary satisfaction it brings. It is really like they say - when you begin to plot revenge on someone first "dig two graves." I loved him more than anyone. And after a few years we became best friends.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2016 7:35 PM

No but life did it for me.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2016 2:48 AM

No, I'm not the type, and life is the best teacher anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2016 5:58 AM

Living well?

Shoo Frau

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2016 6:02 AM

No, I just changed my name, moved to a new city, and got another phone number. Never heard from him again.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2016 7:49 AM

My revenge is still ongoing :) we broke up almost a decade ago but the physical/mental/emotional abuse he enflicted on me took its toll and I feel its carthardic finally reaping my revenge I have a sick sense of humour so I'm enjoying it emencly (I'm in a long term relationship and no it's not because I'm not over my ex I just hate him with a passion) anyway I discovered he opened a bbq style shop so I constantly make fake Facebook profiles leaving bad reviews and leave a screencap I have from his Facebook which he talks about spitting in customers food on every post and review by other people seeing him fly into a fury over it via posts is hilarious to me especially because I know how much it would be driving him insane because he's such a narcissist and no matter what he does he can't remove my posts my favourites are the ones I leave that also criticize him the funniest part is there are genuine bad reviews about his character I guess leopards don't change their spots! I'm crazy I know but I really enjoy it

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2016 8:41 AM

Come. Sit by me, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2016 8:45 AM

Feeding him to his own man-eating dogs was sweet!

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2016 9:08 AM

Thanks r13 for enflicting that story on us here at the DL. We are all emencly impressed with you now. I hope it was cathardic.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2016 9:29 AM

I'm assuming English is not R13's first language, cut him some slack, R16.

You have a sexy accent, though, right R13??

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2016 10:23 AM

The OP sounds like John, Program Major, and I doubt John has "exs".

I have wanted to revenge one or two exs but I stayed wise and let it fade away. The point is, you loved the person once so.... Also, revenge can backfire. And 3, plotting revenge works against just getting over it and moving on.

On the other hand, I hate home wreckers, and yeah I know the view point that homes cannot be wrecked if a couple is strong. But even so, I still hate home wreckers and I think its fine if you can get a satisfying revenge on a home wrecker in your own ex relationship, if there was one. Maybe something not major, but at least a little revenge.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2016 11:06 AM

I wrote a short story in which I included a sleazy caricature of my ex. It got published in an obscure literary magazine. I doubt he ever found out because years later he convinced me to get back together again (I ended up dumping him for someone who turned out to be infinitely worse--no revenge value there.)

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2016 11:17 AM

I found out he was lying and cheating on me so went out for dinner, played it cool, waited for him to say his bullshit and then proceeded to tell him how I knew he was lying .. he fessed up and had the nerve to cry after I told him I never wanted to see him again (he wanted to be "friends"). Months on, I decided to clear the toxic vibes from my life, so "forgave" him / made my peace and three years on, he still wants to be "friends" but it was massively easy to forgive and forget.

And yeah - the best revenge was to move on live better and wiser for the experience.

(boring nah)

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2016 11:41 AM

A life well lived only works when their life is shit and they get to see yours regularly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2016 2:50 PM

Forgot his name.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2016 2:54 PM

R6 one of my ex's is bipolar and he's manic and stops eating or sleeping for days, and then gets depressive and sleeps for a few days at a time just getting up to eat or go to the bathroom. Another two ex's of mine are majorly depressed. I didn't know that these men were like this before we started dating, and I only lived with the one that's bipolar for a few months.

I did not get revenge on either of them as it's like you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2016 7:53 PM

Yes I did; I posted about this before. I dated a guy more than a decade ago in college and he wound up marrying a man who he's supposedly "monogamous" with but then contacted me and wanted me to help him cheat on his husband who is fat/obese, who has a small cock, and the man I dated only stays with him because he likes his how husband makes more money than he does and they haven't had sex for years and don't even sleep in the same bed.

The guy I dated emailed me full nude pics of himself and told me how he wanted me to fuck him raw, piss up his ass, and pull out and let him go ass to mouth sucking my cock. I told him no way in hell was that ever going to happen, I was glad that when we dated I only did kissing, getting oral sex, and mutual masturbation with him and that I did not fuck him up the ass or do any sort of anal sex with him even though he's one of those men who is basically a total bottom who begs to get fucked.

I made a Craigslist ad for his area and put his pics up and said how he wanted to get fucked raw, take piss up his ass, and go ass to mouth. The idiot actually had the nerve to call me and ask, "What did I do to you?" I feel bad for this guy's husband.

Should I tell this guy's husband what I know?

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2016 8:21 PM

This is why when I dump someone I try to make it as painless as possible so they don't go psycho.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2016 8:30 PM

R24 sounds like a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2016 11:00 PM

R24 caught the ED from Bob Dole

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2016 11:01 PM

R24, what you did is much worse than what he did. Which was nothing, right, except send you e-mail? I hope he sues your ass.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2016 11:12 PM

the guy who cheated on me then broke up with me in the aftermath of my calling him on it... got cheated on and dumped, in fairly short order.

the only thing I did semi-intentionally was start to date not one but two of the guys he was interested in after our little episode. it just kind of happened... in hindsight I should've kept the first one and let him have the second one. I always did have terrible taste in boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2016 1:52 AM

I don't know that this is "revenge" per se, but after dating my last gf, I wrote an article about how it sucks to date a married, poly woman. It got published online, made it's rounds on several poly sites and alt.net and I got paid for it. Not a lot. Within a week of it being published, she fake gay married her new "wife" in Vegas that she'd known for 6 months...despite being legally married to a man. Not sure if she saw my article and that's why she did it, but probably. Her new "wife" is fugly as hell.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2016 3:12 AM

No, I've always just wanted to move on. I did have an ex who tried to be a pain in the ass to me. He stalked me, calling me at home repeatedly until I got a new unlisted number, then started calling my work number. He would roam around my house peeking in the windows at all hours of the day. Ultimately, I had to get a restraining order against him, which, thankfully, he obeyed.

His next step was to go online and try to badmouth me on a couple of social networking sites that we both frequented. The respective moderators of those sites deleted his posts and banned him.

Then, a couple of years later when I had a new boyfriend, he managed to track down an online profile for him and tried again to badmouth me. My then boyfriend basically told him to get a life.

After that, he finally gave up and I haven't heard from him in several years now.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2016 3:31 AM

What is a "poly"?

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2016 3:33 AM

Poly = More than one relationship at once. In this case, she had been married for 16 years and was bored and her husband said she could have a girlfriend but no penises.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2016 3:45 AM

Yes you should tell that man's husband R24. The man you posted about wanted to cheat and have unprotected sex with you, and chances are he's probably doing this with other men, and the husband should know this.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2016 9:07 AM

A parrot R32. Do you have a link to your article R30?

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2016 9:09 AM

Good for you R4. Hug

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2016 9:15 AM

No, But I wish I did. I was young and he was older, he treated me cruelly and mindfucked me until I ended up in a psychiatric unit. I wish I kept his keys and went to his house when he was at work and destroyed his animal skin carpet by doing a huge shit on it. I know it is irrational and stupid but I became so afraid of dating after that and I never dated again, I just can't trust anyone enough to date. So when I read about people getting evil revenge on their exes, although I think it is wrong, I also enjoy reading about it.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2016 9:23 AM

That guy you dated R24 sounds like a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2016 10:09 AM

R28, Did I mention how he was obsessed with me, wouldn't take no for an answer and kept contacting me pretty much daily via email and phone about how much he wanted me to have unsafe sex with him and help him cheat on his husband?

Nope I don't have ED or any issues at all R27.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2016 11:07 AM

so you would have done it if he had wanted a scrupulously safe light kissing, and touche pipi?

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2016 11:15 AM

Of course not R40, I don't get with anyone that cheats or wants to cheat. For the cunts who got angry at what I did, would you be perfectly fine with your boyfriend or partner cheating on, or other people knowing that your partner cheats on you but not telling you?

This is a thread about revenge, if you don't like this topic or don't want to read people's experiences with getting revenge on their ex's why click on the topic?

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2016 3:46 PM

R24 will eventually have his corpse dragged out of a drain pipe

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2016 5:01 PM

R6 and R23 seem very odd congratulating themselves because their exes had mental problems, when it seems clear that's why they were with R6 and R23 in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2016 5:55 PM

R43 I feel bad for you that you are bipolar and have taken offence to the mention of relationships with bipolar people and the hell that they are. But if these accounts trigger you, stay off the internet, because there are thousands.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2016 8:34 PM

So called bipolar is just trans erasure by forcing them into the trans closet!

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2016 8:37 PM

My ex always loved to give people the impression he was a doctor, when in fact he spent his life in hospital admin. After he cheated on me, I kicked him out. My revenge was unplanned. I subsequently met a wonderful man who values honesty and fidelity and who loves me. And he's a real doctor, from the same hospital my loser ex worked at, and I hear it drives my ex crazy.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2016 9:35 PM

Good one R46. Congrats! How'd you meet the doc?

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2016 9:46 PM

R24's story is yet another one of many that proves just why marriage between gay men does not work out.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2016 10:05 PM

Yes, I have. My ex cheated on me the first time. We went through counseling and it took a long time but I was starting to get some trust back, then he did it again. We spent the next two years in a bad place. The last year, I took every opportunity to get back at him and cheated on him a lot, but always safely. I'm a bottom and got laid a lot. It was really the only slutty period I ever went through. I had a couple of married fuck buddies who were great lays. That was perfect because I was really only looking to get my rocks off and get a measure of revenge.

At the end, I broke up with him for good and he started crying saying I was always so loyal. I just smirked to myself. I never felt the slightest bit guilty after what he did to me. He deserved it. I agree with others that revenge is really empty. It didn't fix anything or ultimately make me feel any better. But I still never felt guilty about it. I am secretly proud that I caught him and he never caught me.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2016 10:34 PM

R24 I'm still unclear. What did your ex do to you other than end up marrying someone else?

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2016 1:00 AM

Oh it's 16.8m not 16.4m.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2016 1:17 AM

This isn't the Brexit thread

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2016 1:18 AM

All these stories of gay men cheating on their husbands or going to cheat on them like R24 posted just prove that marriage is not meant for most gay men.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2016 3:35 AM

R50 I was annoyed at how he basically stalked me, and wanted to cheat on his husband with me, and do disgusting things during sex like have me shoot cum up his ass, piss it out, and then suck my cock after it was up his ass.

I don't care that he married someone else but if you're just going to cheat, lie, and only be with someone for their money why stay married to them?

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2016 3:51 AM

R43, there's nothing wrong with someone being bipolar as long as they are on meds, and keep taking them.

If someone that's bipolar goes off their meds, watch out! It's not pretty to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2016 3:52 AM

R43's not playing with reality.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2016 4:14 AM

I mean R44. I'm R43. Duh. The fact is people that celebrate getting out of a relationship with a disordered person are missing the likely fact that this is the only kind of relationship they will ever have.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2016 4:23 AM

R57 I've had relationships with non mentally unstable people before bipolar man, and I've had them after bipolar man, so no, it most certainly is not the only kind of relationships I'll ever have.

Look, I get it. You're bipolar and your feweengs got hurt. Put on your big girl panties and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2016 5:56 PM

I was dating this one guy who was ridiculously into me - and then suddenly it started to fizzle out like a downpour on a campfire. It was odd. One night - after we spent the entire weekend together, he said he was tired & had a headache & wanted to go home (sunday night). So, I dropped him off at his place. I had a feeling he was BSing me, and sure enough, there he was on Scruff looking for dick. So, I used a fake profile, sent him some pics - and he was BEGGING for me (the fake) to come over so he could blow me. And, he said he "had a roommate" so he'd blow me in the parking lot! I have no idea why he faked being into me as long as he did. I gave him nothing. We didn't live together. He had a roommate (who oddly enough was another ex of his). I told him I'd be over in 30 min... and then he kept asking where I was...and I said it'll be another 30 min... for a couple of hours...ha.

I saw him at pride 2 years later (of 1 million fucking people) and he still looked hot. :( He had a great dick too and was a top. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2016 6:08 PM

R58 caused Sinead O'Connor to threaten suicide with his "tough guy" talk. You're really filth and garbage and just as personality disordered as Octomom yourself.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2016 6:29 PM

I was with my ex for over eight years. I suspected something was up for awhile. I figured I'd wait until I had actual proof before saying anything. I found out February 2015 that my ex was not only cheating on me but engaged. They got married a month later, and I sent the new bride a short note and couple of books about rebuilding a realationship after cheating.

My ex bullied me into keeping things going. After everything that happened I was heartbroken and numb. The next five months were hell. Five months later ex finally ended things over text.

Four months later, I stumbled across a Facebook post by the wife. I couldn't resist. I convinced myself this was fate telling me to reply to the post. I wrote something about things continuing for another five months.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2016 7:37 PM

R60, you're manic again, get back on the lithium.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2016 7:42 PM

R62 can dish it out, but he can't take it.

So here are my replies to his next three posts:

So's you're old man! I know you are but what am I. I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2016 8:38 PM

R63 is rapid cycling.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2016 11:16 PM

Here you go, r35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2016 4:56 AM

The best revenge is living well.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2020 5:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!