Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 12

TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2016

Bloomberg Politics National Poll - [Clinton +12]

CLINTON - 49t

TRUMP - 37t

JOHNSON - 9t

(June 10 - 13, 2016)

(750 Likely Voters)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 11:04 PM

It's gonna be a loooooooong five months....

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2016 9:40 PM

Be nice if that what it looks like in November...hopefully will also translate into Democratic control of Senate.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2016 9:40 PM

[quote]Clinton Has 12-Point Edge Over Trump in Bloomberg National Poll

June 14, 2016

Democrat Hillary Clinton has opened up a double-digit lead nationally over Republican Donald Trump, whose negatives remain unusually high for a presidential candidate amid early indications that the Orlando terrorist attack has had little direct impact on the 2016 race.

A new Bloomberg Politics national poll shows Clinton leading Trump 49 percent to 37 percent among likely voters in November's election, with 55 percent of those polled saying they could never vote for the real-estate developer and TV personality.

Most national polls in late May and early June showed a closer race, but they were taken before criticism intensified of Trump's charge that a U.S. judge overseeing fraud cases against Trump University is biased because of the judge’s Mexican heritage. Fifty-five percent of likely voters in the new poll said they were very bothered by those comments.

“Clinton has a number of advantages in this poll, in addition to her lead,” said pollster J. Ann Selzer, who oversaw the survey. “Her supporters are more enthusiastic than Trump’s and more voters overall see her becoming a more appealing candidate than say that for Trump.”

One bit of positive news for Trump in the results is that he narrowly edges out Clinton, 45 percent to 41 percent, when those surveyed were asked which candidate they would have more confidence in if a similar attack to the one in Florida took place a year from now. The violence left 49 victims dead, the worst mass shooting in U.S. history.

Fifty percent to 45 percent, Trump is also viewed as stronger among likely voters in combating terrorist threats at home and abroad.

The Bloomberg poll is the first major telephone survey since the mass shooting, heightened furor over Trump's statements about the judge, and Clinton’s June primary victories in California and other states that cemented her status as the presumptive Democratic nominee.

The poll was conducted Friday through Monday, with additional questions about terrorism, guns, and Muslims added after the carnage early Sunday in Orlando. Results from those questions have a higher margin of error—plus or minus 4.9 percentage points—than the rest of the poll. The poll used likely voters for its presidential horse-race questions, while most national surveys earlier this year have used the larger universes of registered voters or simply adults.

While the shooting didn’t alter the poll’s night-by-night findings in the presidential race in any significant way, the incident did alter the trend lines on other measures.

The proportion of Americans saying the nation is on the right track dropped to 19 percent from 27 percent, when compared before and after the Orlando incident. The share saying terrorism or the Islamic State is the most important election issue rose to 28 percent from 16 percent.

When two days of polling before Orlando are compared with the two days after, President Barack Obama's job approval rating dropped to 51 percent from 55 percent, while his favorability dropped to 52 percent from 57 percent.

Trump's suggestions that Obama hasn't taken forceful enough action to stop domestic terrorism because he sides with Muslims landed with a thud for the majority of Americans, with 61 percent disagreeing with the suggestion. A strong majority—69 percent—also disagree that law enforcement agencies should increase surveillance of all American Muslims, even if it conflicts with civil liberties.

There's greater division on whether the U.S. should ban the sale of all semi-automatic or automatic rifles to civilians, with 50 percent saying no and 48 percent saying yes. A plurality of 47 percent agree with Trump's suggestion that avoiding the phrase “radical Islam” makes the U.S. look weak in fighting terrorism, while 44 percent disagree.

[Full article at link]:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2016 9:42 PM

Link also contains VIDEO report on new Bloomberg Poll:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2016 9:44 PM

Previously posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2016 9:45 PM

I want to know who these people are that get polled. I know it's a small amount and they just "guess" how the rest will go, but I am a registered voter for years now. All my friends are registered voters and no one including me has ever been polled.

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2016 9:46 PM

Get it, Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2016 9:47 PM

So what you're saying is that 37% of the US population consists of stupid, racist, xenophobic, homophobic morons? That's all?

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2016 9:49 PM

I feel like I get called every few weeks for one of these polls R6. I am a 'likely voter' in that I vote every election and for every downticket spot including dogcatcher. I assume I get called because of that (meaning I'm a reliable voter and that's one of the big target they look for in terms of polling). I was called twice for the NYC primary. I've been called 5 times in the past two months about the folks running for my congressional district (being vacated by Chalrles Rangel)_

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2016 9:57 PM

If you get called to be polled and you give them answers, the calls will never stop. It happened to me. I got tired of the unending calls and just hung up when I got a pollster on the line.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2016 1:58 AM

Four years ago. Just a reminder to not be over overconfident.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!