Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which Disney Characters Were Gay/Bi?

I always thought Gaston pinged and just used Belle as his beard.

Peter Pan is a total aging power bottom who surrounds himself with twinks and a bitchy fag hag.

I could see Pocahontas as bi, or 'no labels'.

Elsa is a former closeted lesbian who 'let it go' yet still obsess over her family with no girlfriend in sight.

Who else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2018 4:31 AM

Prince Ferdinand from Snow White has total gayface

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2016 6:04 PM

You called dahlin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2016 6:05 PM

Hook and Charming on Once Upon a Time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2016 6:20 PM

Maleficent...total dyke. Bitter, angry, hates everyone around her because she feels like an outcast.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2016 6:31 PM

You must have noticed that Pinocchio's Pleasure Island was an all-male retreat.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Hades... he was literally flaming, got it?

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2016 6:37 PM

Pretty sure Jafar from ALADDIN is gay.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2016 6:40 PM

Ya think. R7?

The genie too.

And Sir Hiss from Robin Hood. He's what I imagine most DLEGs sound like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2016 6:50 PM

Scar is the Elder Gay turned Evil

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2016 6:57 PM

[quote] I always thought Gaston pinged and just used Belle as his beard.

In a spitting match, nobody spits like Gaston!

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2016 6:58 PM

Gio and Tommy

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2016 7:01 PM

Elsa's not gay, just autistic

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2016 7:17 PM

Remy, the rat from "Ratatouille." He had an unrequited crush on Linguini.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2016 7:21 PM

William Turner wins this thread. Avoids his hot wife for decades, to captain a ship of the Undead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2016 7:45 PM

R8, Sir Hiss looks like a total charmer.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2016 7:52 PM

"I use antlers in all of my decorating!" God bless Howard Ashman.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2016 7:57 PM

I am guessing at least one of the characters in Babes in Toyland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2016 8:07 PM

Definitely Jafar from "Aladdin".

At one point his sidekick parrot suggests that he marry Princess Jasmine to get the throne, and his eyes light up as he realizes he can kill her right after the wedding and take her kingdom. Not even a shred of heterosexuality there!

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2016 8:12 PM

Uh.. the seven dwarfs?

Living an all-male life with each other, and when an attractive young woman comes along all they ask of her is to do some housework?

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2016 8:13 PM

If you google "gay Disney characters" you come up with some rather odd stuff.

Here, for instance, is Queen Elsa of "Frozen"... without makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2016 8:25 PM

The Disney Channel series are often good places to find obviously coded Gays, especially the mid-90's/00's cartoons and certain live-actions that aired on a Saturday morning.

Lloyd of LLOYD IN SPACE is clearly a baby-Gay. Cadpig from 101 DALMATIANS: TAS is a baby Yoga-Les. Herc from HERCULES: TAS is a young stud still confused about his sexuality. Same for Gordo of LIZZIE MCGUIRE. Jumbo & Pleakley from LILO & STITCH were canon Gays, they got married in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2016 9:14 PM

Mary Poppins

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2016 9:19 PM

Flower, the skunk from Bambi, is the first that comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2016 9:30 PM

I call dibs on Aladdin.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2016 9:34 PM

[quote]Mary Poppins

You don't want to know....

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2016 9:46 PM

Bagheera & Baloo, even in the remake.

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2016 9:52 PM

Aunt Polly in "Pollyanna." Bitter old dyke.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2016 9:55 PM

Chip n Dale ?

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2016 10:32 PM

All vilains

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2016 12:21 AM

Captain Li Shang seemed more interested in Fa Mulan when she was cross-dressing as 'Ping', no?

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2016 9:19 AM

Tigger.

Always bouncing around on his tail, lisping his way through all conversations.

Mary!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2016 9:24 AM

Captain John Smith was my ultimate childhood crush.

Brave, reckless, loyal, looks hot in blue - could there be a more perfect man?

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2016 12:37 PM

Jocky jerkass James P. 'Sulley' Sullivan of MONSTERS INC . could be family. He lived with his roommate for years, no girlfriend to speak of. While he could charm the ladies, he showed no interest in them.

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2016 5:24 PM

Tanner from the Teen Beach films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2016 8:09 PM

Not cartoon characters but recently decided to watch Girl Meets World to see how to compares to the original of my youth. Those two lead girls Riley and her best friend need to ditch that bland White boy they are both stricken with and fall in love with each other. That would be amazing. Both girls ping off the charts to me.

by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2016 9:08 PM

Oh also have heard rumors that Ben Savage is gay, another reason I tuned in and yeah now that I'm older I see it. Pings so loud my ears are ringing.

by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2016 9:10 PM

Timon and Pumbaa are definitely intended to be a m/m couple.

by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2016 9:20 PM

Lucas Grabeel in High School Musical

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2016 10:22 PM

Second the captain from Mulan. He was extremely disappointed that Pingu turned out to be a girl to the point he seemed hurt on a personal level...

by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2016 10:34 PM

The Reluctant Dragon

by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2016 10:36 PM

The gayest one is Hades.

by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2016 11:08 PM

Totally, R32. John Smith was a man, not a boy, and there's something attractive about that. Some would say he's more attractive than almost all the Disney Princes and beaus, because he's so worldly and dauntless. He wouldn't be a stranger to gay experiences either - Disney's John Smith is a tolerant fella, and you know, he's a sailor in any case....

Looking back it seems like Thomas (the young redhead crewman, played by Christian Bale) was in love with John, or at least hero-worshipped him to an extreme degree. The two hold hands in a scene where John is stretched, iirc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2016 12:13 PM

R36 you probably already noticed that by the last seasons, Cory's love for Shawn is so blatantly romantic that after her marriage, Topanga throws her hands up and just starts treating Shawn as a 2nd spouse. It's played for laughs but also made clear that Shawn is Cory's soulmate and will always be a presence in his life....and this proves true in GMW.

Didn't the girl that plays Riley recently say something to the press, to the effect of 'I'm Queer, but don't label me'? There have been plenty of rumors about Rider Strong since the mid-90's, like that he identified as openly gay in College.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2016 12:57 PM

OP's pic got me unexpectedly hot.

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2016 2:25 PM

Wanna say Tommy the Green Ranger, but the Saban vs. Disney disputes confuse. Anyone know whether Mickey ever actually got his sticky gloves on the Mighty Morphin' (or any version) Power Rangers in the end?

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2016 3:11 PM

The only time Mickey Mouse's dog Pluto actually says anything occurs the cartoon "The Moose Hunt" (1931), when Mickey thinks he's dead, and hugs him, begging, "Pluto, speak to me!" Whereupon the dog holds out his front legs and and calls out, "Kiss me!" Only time Pluto ever spoke!

Also, in their 30's cartoons, characters were constantly dressing in drag. In "Moose Hunters" (1937), Goofy and Donald dress up like a female moose, complete with blonde curls and lipstick. The Big Bad Wolf dresses like a fairy with wings, complete with what appears to be the same blonde braids and red lipstick, in the short, "The Big Bad Wolf" (1934), calling himself "Goldilocks the Fairy Queen!," in order to lure Little Red Riding Hood and the 2 other dumb pigs home for dinner. He tries the same thing again (!), in "The Three Little Wolves," (1936), when he dresses up like Little Bo Peep, complete with what appears to be that same blonde wig again.

And, of course, we can't forget "Who Killed Cock Robin?" (1935), wherein a very fey Dan Cupid admits to shooting the title character with his love arrow. Very queer stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Well Mickey and Donald for a start. I mean having fiancées for like, what? And no, I am NOT bitter.

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2016 4:33 PM

Roy on "The Mickey Mouse Club."

by Anonymousreply 48June 16, 2016 3:54 AM

Bashful wuz one o' them fairies.

by Anonymousreply 49June 16, 2016 4:48 AM

Pooh and Piglet were out and proud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2016 5:03 AM

Blue Ranger was the one that actually came out, my bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2016 6:50 AM

R48, if we're counting MMC cast as well as characters, then T.J. Fantini was the biggest flamer to walk onto set, even more so than little Justin Timberlake & Christina A.

As for J.C. Chasez, no-one's ever got to the bottom of that mystery. Seemingly 'Bi bi bi', looking back at old MMC clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2016 6:54 AM

CADET KELLY must be the gayest DC:OM, bar none.

Hilary Duff's perky-titted bottle-blonde Kelly and Christy Carlson-Romano's hardass bitch Capt. Stone (really, that's her name) had SO MUCH tension. This movie's main plot is about them learning to negotiate their attraction vs. the power imbalance in their relationship, and trying to resist the urge to jump into one another's bunks. Had this been made a non-Disney/kids movie it would be a lesbian cult classic by now.

One major plot device is about a rainbow striped blanket, for crying out loud. Also, military school.

Shawn Ashmore also stars, but not remotely as a serious love interest. He's an irrelevant twinky B-chara to tick the Token Gay Boy box, and to give Christy C. Romano someone to push around and domme a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2016 9:38 PM

Jason Grey (played by Kevin Jonas) in 'Camp Rock' is far less flamboyant & horribly stereotypical than Grabeel's Ryan in HSM, but is so naturally out there, he doesn't need to be. Jason is still too sexless, but at least he's down to earth.

Unlike Ryan of HSM, Jason never even gets a female love interest or even the slightest implication he could be straight. Jason is also older than typical Disney teens (around College grad age in 'Camp Rock') so it's not weird to lust after him.

He's got to be in the Top 5 for Gay Disney Characters, at least in a live-action only ranking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2017 12:44 AM

Jafar Genie Gaston LeFou The Coachman from Pinocchio (although arguable a pedophile) Hercules (according to mythology)

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2017 12:58 AM

Sparky Marcus as Jodie Foster's little brother in the original [italic]Freaky Friday[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2017 4:14 AM

Pocahontas wouldn't be able to fathom "bi.' She'd only be able to think,my 'male spirit" is attracted to women, and my "female" spirit is attracted to men. The two-spirited types are ignorant like that.

by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2017 4:16 AM

After the Once Upon a Time musical episode -- Hook and Charming might need to be mentioned again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2017 12:46 PM

[quote]and to give Christy C. Romano someone to push around and domme a little

Well, you know us Romanos. We love to get physical.

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2017 1:20 PM

Johnny from [italic]Song of the South[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2017 1:23 PM

[quote]Maleficent...total dyke. Bitter, angry, hates everyone around her because she feels like an outcast.

That sounds much more like a drag queen than a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2017 8:14 PM

Mr. Thorndyke in [italic]The Love Bug[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2017 8:15 PM

A.J. Arno (played by Cesar Romero) just wanted Kurt Russell's twink ass in those Dexter Riley movies.

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2017 8:25 PM

Um, [italic]The Golden Girls[/italic] is Touchstone and Touchstone is Disney so we technically count. You bitches are slipping.

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2017 8:33 PM

Adam 'Banksy' Banks played by Vincent LaRusso, the shy & insecure Glass Cannon of JV hockey team in THE MIGHTY DUCKS.

Banks was young throughout those movies (only 16/17 by the final one) so possibly was just a kid with no interest in a lovelife or romantic attachment at all, but several of his teammates were coupled up even in the first film (when they were all like 12 years old) so he stood out for not showing interest any girls or anyone else. He also had a strong 'friendship' with his teammate Charlie played by Joshua Jackson, which took a turn for the angsty when they fell out in part 3 and wound up looking like a bitter breakup. Banks' team often affectionately called him 'cake-eater', which in hockey parlance means 'wussy rich-kid' but somehow also sounds like a dig about being a little too fabulous. Go, Banksy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2017 9:20 PM

Bansky totally wanted Charlie R65, good catch. Which was insane as Banks was cute enough to get any Varsity hottie he wanted even as a Junior, and Charlie was a petty whining mess in all three of those movies, wayyyy too obsessed with his coach (serious Daddy issues). But a gay hockey player is something Disney would never touch no matter how 'tolerant' the Company get, even the NHL don't talk about it.

Vincent LaRusso grew up hot btw. He tends bar somewhere in SoHo now, according to Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2017 11:56 AM

[quote]All vilains —I smell homophobia

[italic]Pete's Dragon[/italic] subverted the gay villain trope by having Dr. Terminus mention something about meeting "a young lady who's … interested in a nursing career". But only after they put Red Buttons in drag.

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2017 1:56 PM

You just know Max Goof experimented in that college he went to in AN EXTREMELY GOOFY MOVIE.

It was never shown but it must have happened, he was an adorable jock and it was a very liberal college (and lax, apparently, as admissions let Goofy Snr. apply and take a course). Also, Max's sexy little girlfriend Roxanne from the previous two movies is nowhere in sight by the third movie and he has no other girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2017 3:03 PM

When was there a third Goofy Movie, R68?

by Anonymousreply 69May 9, 2017 3:07 PM

Ferdinand the Bull kind of looks like a young Divine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 9, 2017 3:08 PM

2000, R68. It went direct-to-video so there are plenty of Disney fans who have never heard of it. The original Goofy Movie from the 90s isn't even really that popular but it does have a cult following. They should be more celebrated, as they're decent films about male-bonding and quite intense in places imo.

by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2017 3:12 PM

I only counted two. I remember the one from 1995 (Tevin Campbell, who sang the song "I 2 I," is gay BTW) and the DTV sequel from 2000, but I don't recall any others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2017 3:17 PM

The king's secretary in [italic]Bedknobs and Broomsticks[/italic] was the Mr. Smithers of the animal kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2017 3:34 PM

[quote] I call dibs on Aladdin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2017 3:36 PM

I can easily imagine Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty 1959) having a slightly older, little chubby but still good looking "gentleman's gentleman" who helped him with his bathing, dressing, etc. Unbeknownst to his daddy the king but well known among the servants, Phillip and this man were much more than master and servant. In fact, when they were alone, Phillip called his dresser "Sir" 😉 Can you imagine what Phillip looked like naked?!

"Frozen"'s Kristoff Bjorgmann, maybe it's Jonathan Groff's voice, but the ice harvester kind of pings to me. I have a feeling the grand romance so many way too obsessed "Frozen" fans are expecting will just be Kristoff and Anna being besties like Mouse and Mona and going out hunting for guys together. Then Anna will walk in on Kristoff's big furry blonde bubblebutt bouncing up and down as he plows Prince Hans' skinny ass (yeah I think he's gay too). Anna runs off to tell Elsa and finds Elsa getting scissored by Pocahontas. Anna throws herself off the nearest balcony. Once she's dead on the cobblestones below, that fucking snowman comes waddling by. "Oh look! She's dead!" then does his annoying chuckle as he waddles away. The End. I wonder what kind of 17 inch limited edition dolls The Disney Store could make for that?

Yes, The Prince from "Snow White" does have serious gay face. I've never noticed it before because I was too busy staring at his chest and thighs! I can only imagine what that ass must have looked like!

Yes, I know animated characters are not real!

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2017 3:31 AM

A BUG'S LIFE (1998) is replete with coded gay characters and camp, principally among the 'Carny' bugs. Francis the Ladybug has trouble with his identity, and stick-insect Slim is voiced by David Hyde-Pierce. There's also queeny eldergay praying-mantis Manny and his hag, the beautiful Gypsy Moth (really).

However, the strongest gay vibes in this movie actually issue from the tortured antagonistic relationship between the plucky, sensitive hero ant Flik and his bullying tyrant oppressor Hopper the cricket. Through the length of the movie they dance around each other with a thick tension loaded with curiosity but also panic. They have a physical showdown (although more exactly called a curb stomp) toward the end that comes off uncomfortably sexual, with D/s dynamics between Hopper & Flik in spite of the brutal context. All the whimpering from Flik....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2017 12:14 PM

Merriweather from [italic]Sleeping Beauty[/italic] was a big ol' lez who hated the color pink.

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2017 12:16 PM

Disney never should have touched that Power Ranger shit with a ten foot pole. Knowing that the producers were homophobic assholes goes a long way of explaining why I fucking hate that show then and now and think anyone who likes it is a tool and an enabler. The only reason Eisner ever had anything to do with it in the first place was to get back at Fox over some bullshit contract dispute regarding which channel in LA had [italic]The Disney Afternoon[/italic]; Disney bought out KCAL party so they could air it there, but the Fox affiliate KTTV had their two-hour block of shows and didn't want to give it up. Meanwhile, Fox also started their own version of [italic]Peter Pan[/italic] to compete with the re-releases of the Disney and Mary Martin versions while they also got involved in WB's animation revival with [italic]Tiny Toon Adventures[/italic] and [italic]Animaniacs[/italic]. But then Warner Bros wanted their own network and got one, so in 1995 [italic]Tiny Toons[/italic] ended and [italic]Animaniacs[/italic] moved to Kids WB and the douchebro crap (which I hated) replaced all the funny animal shows (which I loved) on Fox, the network that helped normalize being an asshole. Barry Diller and Michael Eisner once were friends and colleagues, but they burned bridges over this and the output of Disney suffered as a result.

And back on topic, Andreas Deja, the former Disney animator who animated, among other things, Gaston in 1991's [italic]Beauty and the Beast[/italic], is gay.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2017 12:29 PM

Scooter the Gofer, now D--ney have their grubby mitts on The Muppets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2017 1:02 PM

They transed the Swedish Chef, too. That was the line.

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2017 1:03 PM

Well, there is a lesbian Power Ranger now, R78. The writers of the reboot have made Trini, the Yellow Ranger, into a gay girl.

True that this doesn't exactly make up for the homophobia David Yost (the original Blue Ranger) experienced, but it's something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2017 4:37 PM

R58 I had a frauey roommate last year who was obsessed with OUAT and wouldn't shut up about 'SwanQueen' (the never-happening relationship between Emma and the Queen).

I think she was a closet-case, a misogynist or maybe even a little bit lesphobic, though, because she never gave the legit lesbian character Mulan the time of day (even skipping her scenes).

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2017 5:06 PM

Luke Skywalker counts now, right?

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2017 10:40 AM

Obviously the 7 dwarfs.

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2017 10:58 AM

Did Mickey & Minnie ever get down to business? They seem like such a sexless proposition, unlike the passionate Donald & Daisy pair or the hapless travails of Goofy with various girls.

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2017 2:49 PM

I'm starting to wonder whether all of Goofy's girlfriends were beards, since none of them lasted very long; he had an (ostensibly human) wife in the 1950s but she never actually appeared on-screen, and they had a redheaded son who was human but with a nose like Goofy. Max Goof pushed him out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2017 2:53 PM

R81: Still not happening. You wouldn't fucking believe the level of bullying I received for saying anything bad about that shit. Some things just should not be rebooted with or without gay people.

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2017 2:54 PM

[italic]Star Wars[/italic] is just a means of using psychobabbling Muppets to sell perpetual warfare in the name of mindless consumerism.

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2017 2:56 PM

The plot of the original [italic]TRON[/italic], which you basically need to work in IT to understand fully, seems to imply some kind of bisexual 3-way at the end between the main characters.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2017 3:31 PM

I'm a bit bemused by R76. How does one come to the conclusion that Hopper is a cricket? Has he never heard of grasshoppers? Does he not know the Aesop fable of the ant and the grasshopper, which is essentially the basis for the movie? I mean, Hopper's name is half of "grasshopper." If he had said "locust" i could understand that but cricket?

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2017 9:09 PM

"Hopper" is also the name for the non-flying form of locust, R90, as well as the name of an actor known for playing outlaws and crazies. Good name for an insect villain.

by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2017 1:03 AM

Sunni Gummi totally had a lezzy crush (and bestiality crush) on Princess Calla.

by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2017 7:31 PM

R65 that subtext between Bombay & Charlie gets very interesting in Part III. Watching it as an adult makes for an awkward experience.

Their bond is supposed to come off as father/son (Charlie's dad is absent, Bombay's is dead/was emotionally abusive) but as Joshua Jackson starts crying mid-scene having spent the whole movie pining embarrassingly for his Coach it is overplayed and becomes romantic. This would not be a problem in an adult indie movie about college kids (might even be a good B-plot), but this is a Disney movie where the leads are in 9th grade; Charlie is 14 (played by a 19 year old Josh) and Coach Bombay his late-30s. It's a squeamish watch and too overwrought to be cute.

[quote] BOMBAY: And there you were, Charlie & the Ducks....and as hard as I fought it...(long gaze) there you were. You gave me a life, Charlie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 16, 2017 11:16 PM

For years I thought Disney characters didn't even have private parts and The Stork from [italic]Dumbo[/italic] delivered all the babies.

[quote] Sunni Gummi totally had a lezzy crush (and bestiality crush) on Princess Calla.

The Gummi Bear most likely to be gay was Gusto, the artist who lived under a waterfall, and was voiced by Rob Paulsen who actually is openly gay.

by Anonymousreply 94May 17, 2017 12:02 AM

[quote]This would not be a problem in an adult indie movie about college kids (might even be a good B-plot), but this is a Disney movie where the leads are in 9th grade; Charlie is 14 (played by a 19 year old Josh) and Coach Bombay his late-30s. It's a squeamish watch and too overwrought to be cute.

They also have implications of heterosexual pedophilia that are even more appalling in the movie [italic]Blank Check[/italic], where Karen Duffy actually goes out on a date with then-11-year-old Brian Bonsall and kisses him on the lips. They try and have it both ways by her giving the obligatory "wait 'till you're older" speech at the end when she reveals herself as an FBI agent.

by Anonymousreply 95May 17, 2017 12:11 AM

Disney own ABC Network, so...

ABC Family featured both explicit and implied gay/bi college boys on college dramedy GREEK. The legit gay couple, genius jock Calvin & himbo sweetheart Heath, had an on-off romance that was low-key but still very visible by 00s standards. They even got a romantic sunset Finale where they both chose to defer their final year of studying to travel to India to soul-search together. This came complete with a post-Finals kiss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 17, 2017 7:52 PM

Then King of the Jokers Cappie Jones, who ran through women but had a fascination with the body of his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend Evan.

IIRC Cappie gave Evan a near lapdance in one episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 17, 2017 7:58 PM

R96 Aaron Hill was on that show (he played fratboy dummy 'Beaver') and he was unreasonably hot in it. The cool part is that he used to be a chunky kid who got typecast in 'fat' roles, but got in major shape just before he got the GREEK part. He wasn't a gay character but was the accepting best friend and fratmate of the gay guy Heath, if I remember right.

He's a cutie who was very funny on the show, and he still works (on Criminal Minds currently) and looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 18, 2017 3:04 PM

R93 the only Disney hockey movie worth a damn is Miracle, where the hero team are all over-18s. They are also all mostly honour-rollers, Olympians, hot (or at least cute), and real characters, unlike the annoying one-note Ducklings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 18, 2017 3:07 PM

Wiggins, the horribly stereotypically- femme sidekick of mercantile Governor Ratcliff in POCAHONTAS.

In fact Ratcliff was this side of fabulous too, but in a posturing social-climbing way typical of courtiers of the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2017 3:31 PM

Kovu (Lion King II) isn't gay, but some fan girl from DevArt drew him as a human and I want that version of him inside me quite deeply. Her humanised version of Simba is hot to death as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2017 1:17 PM

No-one mentioned Rosie O's butchy she-gorilla Terk from TARZAN yet? You bitches are slipping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 22, 2017 1:07 PM

Oh yeah, R102, the babydyke gorilla Tarzan grows up with!

I guess they wanted to make it absolutely clear that there was NO possibility of an interspecies romance.

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2017 9:38 PM

The Mouse will not touch bestiality where it involves a human character, but interestingly there's plenty of material between other species or entities. The canon is littered with examples both official and jsubtextual, starting with the coded-gay Baloo & Bagheera in the 60s and continuing right up to now.

In ZOOTOPIA an inter-species romance was never made explicit, but was so heavily hinted at that in the end writers threw their hands up and admitted it was meant to be a thing. They even released deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray that show the two (a rabbit & a fox, insanely) are considered a romantic couple.

[quote] ZOOTOPIA has the unlikely pairing of rabbit police officer Judy Hopps and fox con man Nick Wilde. As different as the two characters are, by the end of the film they have become incredibly close. It turns out, an early version of the film included a scene that joked with the idea of the two being more than simply friends. As part of the film’s Blu-Ray release, we can now get an idea of what that would have looked like. For obvious reasons, this relationship status would have to be listed as complicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 23, 2017 10:55 AM

R73 no mention of me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 24, 2017 11:18 AM

[quote] Kristoff the ice harvester kind of pings to me. I have a feeling the grand romance so many way too obsessed "Frozen" fans are expecting will just be Kristoff and Anna being besties like Mouse and Mona and going out hunting for guys together.

R75 meet R97. The 'Cappie' actor Scott Michael-Foster played the live-action Kristoff in OUAT.

There is definitely sexual tension between Kristoff and Hans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2017 11:22 AM

Thomas O'Malley seemed like he could go for anything during mating season, but Duchess had that bare dollar and that's all it takes to change philandering and probably bisexual ways. Same with Tramp.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2017 7:14 PM

There were some gay/twincestuous vibes in the THE SUITE LIFE MOVIE (2011) on Disney Channel.

The gay tension starts in the opening credits. We meet 18 year-old Cody (Cole Sprouse) suit-attired and preparing a romantic dinner for his girlfriend....which is then interrupted (before the girl can even arrive) by Cody's twin brother Zack (Dylan Sprouse), who mocks the poor girl in her absence and then proceeds to sabotage the date so it can't happen (because "it's fun" to break up straight people, in Zack's words).

From this point the twins bicker yet remain attached at the hip (for no strong reason), until after a day of disaster Cody tells Zack he hates him and wants an estrangement (breakup). They get back together by the half-hour mark, then become entangled in a shady underground science-program designed to induce telepathy, empathy and a tangible remote connection between twins (I.e., one feels what the other feels physically & emotionally). Now, were this NC17+ or a National Lampoon film this plot device would naturally lead to sexual hijinx and experimentation (imagine the possibilities...), but this is the Disney Channel so Zack/Cody just cry together, tell each other "I love you" telepathically and pinch/punch each other a little to diffuse the romantic atmosphere. Even in a sexless PG environ it's still really gay. Helps also that the Sprouse Twins became a) legal and b) somewhat post-pubescent on the set of TSLM.

As I recall there were a couple of subtle but explicit twincest jokes in the actual script, and after the movie came out the fundie parents watching with their kids took to the Internet to complain and get them censored. They never show this movie on the Disney Channel anymore so perhaps they succeeded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Who is Elsa?

by Anonymousreply 109August 20, 2017 1:48 PM

Prince Charming in Sleeping Beauty liked me more than he liked her. He had to beard to keep his princehood.

by Anonymousreply 110August 20, 2017 1:52 PM

It's Tchaikovsky, R110, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 111August 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Captain Hook as played by Jason Isaacs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 20, 2017 2:44 PM

Hook played by O'donoghue (or maybe it is just the character...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 20, 2017 2:58 PM

R108 that checks out. I'm guessing you watched the second series of 'Zack & Cody' if you know that much about them, but if you didn't know there's more content like that in the series, only more comedic and less angsty.

In one episode ('The Play's The Thing'), Cody is hurting fresh off a nasty breakup with his girlfriend. To get over this hurt, he decides to throw together and star in an improvised farcical play about how poorly his girlfriend treated him. Cody naturally asks his brother Zack to play him i.e. the boyfriend role. All well and good....except that come show-time Cody has, unbeknownst to Zack, donned a cute pink-sequin prom-dress & pumps ready to play the part of his ex. On the appearance of Cody in costume, Zack takes it oddly in stride and registers only mild surprise ("Cody, I knew this day would come but I didn't expect it so soon), unlike the disgusted audience.

Midway through the production Cody demands a kiss from Zack, who declines but compromises by kissing his own palm (and then slapping Cody). They play out the rest of the story complete with romantic dialogue (Zack, deadpanning: "She's gorgeous....every mans' Dream") with only one character (a gay-vague coded character himself) pointing out the gay/incest subtext. The whole scene is more funny than weird, and even a little Shakespearean in nature. It helps that skinny teenage Cole Sprouse with hair extensions looks like a younger sister to Patti Smith, and his Southern Belle accent and overplaying are endearing and zany ("or IS ITTT??"").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2017 11:58 AM

Pinicchio? CLEARLY trans.

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2017 12:01 PM

Broken link, sorry. The 'play' part of the episode I mentioned is linked below.

Cody squawking "mah Be-LURRRRRVVEE-ed" at Zack cracks me up every time, as does the terrible backdrop ('Le Parc') and the Karenina death-moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2017 12:04 PM

Ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2017 2:10 PM

R114 thanks for the breakdown - I do know that episode and saw most of the spinoff series it came from, but haven't seen it for years (kids I used to sit for watched religiously) so it was very cool of you to hunt down the clip for me.

Cole is cute in drag and almost looks like a real geeky, gangly chick. It's uncanny. Iirc that was the third time he crossdressed in the series, it was kind of a long-running occasional gag. Interesting that Dylan never did it.

[quote] come show-time Cody has, unbeknownst to Zack, donned a cute pink-sequin prom-dress & pumps ready to play the part of his ex. On the appearance of Cody in costume, Zack takes it oddly in stride and registers only mild surprise ("Cody, I knew this day would come but I didn't expect it so soon").

Amazing. Disney Channel would never get away with that now, as the T-kids and their parental Controllers would glitch and scream phobia. But you just know if the brothers had kissed for the camera, there would be equal outrage.

by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2017 6:41 PM

Also, Cole Sprouse playing a syphilitic Cajun Jezebel is the start of his journey to becoming a future DL-icon. I can feel it.

[quote] CODY: ....for Paris is FULL of MEN, and I plan on shaking my BONS-BONS for each and every one of them! (shimmies)

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2017 6:46 PM

Flynn Rider did some modeling and probably had to do more than pose with his shirt off when times were tough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2017 7:01 PM

120 posts in and no one mentioned Lumiere and Cogsworth from "Beauty & the Beast"?

They even danced together at the end of the animated film!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2017 8:01 PM

Courtesy of pioneering gay playwright/lyricist/composer and eventual concept designer Howard Ashman, R121. He was the first director of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS off-Broadway, and wrote with Alan Menken at Disney.

His contribution to BEAUTY... is enormous, and he is responsible for both the leading character Arc and the iconic musical motif ('Tale As Old As Time'). It was the final film he worked on before succumbing to AIDS at just 40 years old, just 8 months before the movie was released to critical acclaim (first animated feature-length to win the Best Picture Oscar), and the parallel between the suffering of Beast and Ashman himself is fairly obvious. Ashman was the very first gay man with AIDS to win an Academy Award.

[quote] Beast works as a tragic allegory for Ashman’s own plight. Cursed to bodily transformation, the Beast ages and weakens in accordance to a wilting rose, and he is shunned from a society that fails to understands his plight amid public fear and speculation. [...] Shortly before his death, the production team made one last visit to Ashman's New York home. Ashman was suffering from Dementia and had lost his sight, while his weight had plummeted to five stone. But the filmmakers told him that the results of the film's first private screening had been an enormous success. "Who would have thought it?" Hahn asked him. "I would," was Ashman's reply.

Ashman also had a hand in ALADDIN in 1991-2 (the songs 'Arabian Nights' and 'Friend Like Me') and prior to that THE LITTLE MERMAID in 1988-9.

[quote] While Disney rejected his original concept (one based on the look of Joan Collins's Dynasty super-bitch Alexis Carrington) the eventual Ursula design was based on the drag queen Divine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 22, 2017 9:28 AM

R122 the guy they cast as Jafar in the upcoming live Aladdin, Marwan Kenzari, is hot to death (too young & built for the part tbh). The Internet pretty much crashed when the casting choice was revealed.

Question is, will Jafar be the camp gay he was in the animated? Sadly it looks like Disney are going for that Frau dolla and making him a typical 'Zaddy', playing down any flamboyance and gay traits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 22, 2017 11:40 AM

There's a hilariously cruel nugget of gossip history about the 'Suite Life on Deck' from the gals at L-Chat, R114. I read it years ago and never forgot it. Every time I look at a Sprouse I see Debby Ryan crying. If it's true then fuck those bitchy twins, Deb was a healthy girl and did not deserve bullying, least of all for her weight (funny as the scene may be in my mind). If anything they should have picked on her for her faith.

[quote] As for the Debby Ryan stuff, I don't think she is a lesbian. The past gossip I've read and heard about her was that Sprouse twins always hated her and made fun of her weight in the Suite Life on Deck. Debby does come from a conservative Christian background. Her mom has a blog and comes off as a sanctimonious bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 22, 2017 3:02 PM

Prince Eric - The Little Mermaid

by Anonymousreply 125August 22, 2017 3:18 PM

Seriously R125? Eric was more like a straight date-rapist. A horndog and an awful paramour to Ariel.

He also had an asschin and his voice-actor sounded like Greg Brady. Not hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 22, 2017 9:06 PM

14 Disney Characters Who Were Definitely Gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2017 9:13 PM

Hades

by Anonymousreply 128August 24, 2017 6:55 AM

I had a Lez crush on Megara from HERCULES as a kid, although I didn't know that's what it was then.

In her mid-late 20s she's the oldest Disney 'Princess' (some people don't even consider her one, and I'm more than ok with that) and is absolutely incontrovertibly the hottest woman in the canon. Her attitude is extremely sexy and her wit sharp as a knife, she's more than just a pretty 'nice' girl like most of them. IMO she could have done better and more for herself than a boring farmboy like Hercules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 24, 2017 11:14 AM

Little Cody Martin was a future DLer. His mother was a lounge-singer, for Goodness' sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2017 12:56 AM

R96 you know, ABC Family were seeding subtextually bi/gay couples in the 90s. Nice to know they got around to making gay a tangible reality in the years following.

When it comes to the early ABC teencoms many people forget about Steve & Marty (& Jordan), the ambiguous boys of ‘Teen Angel’.

Steve & Marty in particular have a relationship that is closetqueer-coded to the max - it’s ‘invisible’ (Marty is a spirit), it has its own secretive place in Steve’s world (ie. his bedroom & his head), and on account of being an Angel Marty can perform ‘magic’ for Steve’s benefit (defying widely accepted natural laws). There’s also the matter of campy Marty’s fabulous Victoria’s Secret-esque angel wings, and his raging jealousy over cute clueless Steve’s affectionate friendship with their school’s very dumb & very gorgeous jock Jordan, who unsually reciprocates the fascination.

Shame about the seemingly obligatory no-homo joke slotted into every episode. Maybe that why it only got one season where the indulgently & unapologetically gay ‘Boy Meets World’ got seven....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2017 12:55 AM

Does Bobby Drake count now that Fox have sold the X-Men off to the Mouse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 17, 2017 6:43 PM

Watch-out-for-THAT! Treeeeee.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 18, 2017 5:59 PM

Wtf R133? That’s like calling Tarzan gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2017 11:20 AM

Frollo from Hunchback was obsessed with Esmeralda but he seemed into Phoebus too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2017 12:15 PM

[quote] The Mouse will not touch bestiality where it involves a human character

They gave Goofy a human wife and son in the 1950s then in the 1990s pushed them aside for Max Goof as if they never existed.

by Anonymousreply 136December 19, 2017 1:20 PM

Pauly Shore was also a character in the world of ‘Goof Troop’, so that whole universe is fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 19, 2017 1:38 PM

That seemed to be Disney's modus operandi for years: when you can't get the best, get the best you can afford.

by Anonymousreply 138December 19, 2017 1:40 PM

Well if Star Wars counts, I'm going to have to mention the Emperor.

He was a fabulous queen who never had a wife or family, not even when he was still keeping up the appearances of an innocent politician. And there was definately something going on between him and Anakin. Think about it - if you knew a powerful politician with no woman around, who always shows up with a pretty young male "protege", what would your conclusion be? Yes, Palpatine was Anakin's sugar daddy.

His goal was always to make Anakin into his personal dungeon sex slave, which he ultimately succeeded in as we can see from the leather gear Anakin wears as Vader and how he refers to the Emperor as his "master".

by Anonymousreply 139December 19, 2017 4:26 PM

[quote] Well if Star Wars counts

Not anymore; they can put it back at Fox where it freaking belongs.

by Anonymousreply 140December 19, 2017 4:27 PM

Sven, the reindeer in "Frozen," seems a little light in the snowshoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 19, 2017 6:17 PM

Tommy Kirk

by Anonymousreply 142December 19, 2017 6:42 PM

R139, the fans refer to "Palpatine's sseduction of Anakin". Which was officially psychological and political rather than sexual, but damn it's homoerotic!

Palpatine is the best thing about the prequels.

by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2017 8:18 PM

How quickly some gays forget. ‘Phantom Menace’ redefined Jedi as passionate warrior monks with no heterosexuality to speak of, ascetics with ‘partners’ as seen with the tender bond-relationship between Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan (which btw endures beyond the grave). Homoeroticism doesn’t always belong on the ‘dark-side’....

And how could you overlook Neeson? Do furry barrel-chests & horsecocks mean nothing to you fellows anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 19, 2017 8:40 PM

Um hi, R104. Maybe you remember a cute little film I did in 1989? No big deal, just that it was a major love-story in the classic Disney canon and helped get the animation studio back on its feet. Whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 21, 2017 5:06 PM

[quote]No big deal, just that it was a major love-story in the classic Disney canon and helped get the animation studio back on its feet.

Yeah, for about five years until they spent all the profits on making pretentiously bloated shit and using that to justify shutting down traditional animation and switching to CGI, all the while enabling two serial sex offenders.

Howard Ashman was the reason for the so-called Disney Renaissance. The studio has never recovered from his death artistically.

by Anonymousreply 146December 21, 2017 5:09 PM

That's not my story. I turned Ariel into sea foam.

by Anonymousreply 147December 21, 2017 5:11 PM

Returning for a moment to the bow-defunct ABC; I realise I forgot about the I’ll-fated single-seasoned ‘Odd Man Out’.

Trevor Fehrman’s character is wild about what he calls “nougat” but flames anyway. Erik von Detten seems interested in girls but only vicariously. Brandon Routh is the archetypical jock. Then there’s that title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 21, 2017 10:35 PM

Jazz hands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 17, 2018 10:09 PM

R126, that’s because Prince Eric was voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes, who played Greg Brady.

by Anonymousreply 150December 18, 2018 2:36 AM

R117, he's so cute.

by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2018 4:20 AM

Little John in Disney's Robin Hood (1973). He's even got his gayface on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2018 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!