Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

unREAL Season Two

Official thread for the second season of Lifetime's breakout hit that returns this week. Constance Zimmer and Shari Appleby are back!

by Anonymousreply 263July 21, 2018 4:47 PM

I cant wait! I just binged watched the first season and it was incredible. Plus a lot of the guys are hot.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2016 1:10 PM

I agree. Great show. Bitchy humor and hunky guys including Josh Kelly formerly from One Life to Live.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2016 1:13 PM

Lifetime has a lot of faith in the show. It's ratings weren't good for the first season and they've renewed it for a third season even before an episode of the second season airs.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2016 1:18 PM

what happened to Jeremy???? he looks...

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2016 9:33 AM

Craig Bierko has lost the weight. He looks like he did when he starred in THE MUSIC MAN on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2016 11:09 AM

The writers have doubled up on Shari Appleby's character's bitchiness. Think this will be a good season!

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2016 11:10 AM

Here is the web-series spin-off The Faith Diaries, about Faith and her girlfriend moving to LA. Rachel convinces her to keep a video diary as the basis for a possible reality show. The eps are only 3 mins long, and there's only 10, so it plays like short film. All 10 eps were released in April. The woman the Rachel character is based on, co-creator of the show, is a lesbian. She says she's been out a long time, but the press didn't know until an UnReal panel discussion last year,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2016 11:11 AM

What do we think of the new suitor?

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2016 4:06 PM

He is OK. Did Josh Kelly , the ex and camera guy, gain weight? He was a fav on One Life to Live.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2016 9:38 PM

I think the new suitor will bring the drama this season.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Can't wait for the blacktivist and racist go at it.

"We don't solve problems, we create them and then point cameras at them."

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Money. Dick. Power My new motto

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2016 5:04 AM

wow at Craig Bierko physical transformation... good for him!!

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2016 8:20 PM

Big crazy Chet scares me. His big crazy eyes especially.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2016 8:53 PM

Craig was a great Harold Hill on Broadway. True, he was channeling Robert Preston, but he was very good.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2016 9:46 PM

Is there anyone on the show you're actually supposed to like? They all seem like assholes.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2016 10:51 PM

I think you can admire Quinn in a perverse way. The way she aggressively pursues her goals, takes charge of her life. You could be a lot like her, be way more productive, and still not be evil. Just confident and unflappable.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Last season I really liked Johanna Baddy as the contestant who walked away after her father died. I like the actress. She is now on Quantico.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2016 1:52 PM

R18 - she's now engaged to Freddie Stroma (last season's suitor)

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2016 10:40 PM

Good for her...and for him!

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2016 1:02 PM

Are we the only two who are watching this show?

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2016 1:32 PM

*raising my hand*, also watching the show. I think this season is going to be interesting. I wasn't sure about the suitor, but I liked him in this week's episode. He has chemistry with a few of the women.

I know they are going for the blacktivist vs racist angle, but I'm more interested to see the dynamic between the black debutante vs the naturalista.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2016 1:55 PM

i watch it too... it's great, dark fun

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2016 3:18 PM

I loved the Amy Winehouse crack in the first ep.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2016 4:02 PM

This show is sooo good. The two lead women are great and I agree with a previous poster regarding the new suitor. I wasnt sold on him at first but this week's episode made me like him more.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2016 4:22 PM

Did you guys see the New Yorker article about unReal?

It explains why Jeremy is fat.

"Jeremy, the cameraman played by Josh Kelly, had not been forgotten. Originally, Shapiro had dispensed with him by Episode 5, but his story line was extended. Rachel, having had enough of what Quinn calls her “coupon-cutting boyfriend,” casts Jeremy off, and he becomes dangerously angry. To everyone’s surprise, Kelly had helped his own cause by coming back from the winter hiatus forty pounds heavier and with facial hair. “We let him stay chubby, with his beard all fucked up,” Shapiro said. “He looked gnarly—less like a soap-opera actor.” The writers had written a scene for him in which he physically attacks Rachel, accusing her of trying to get him fired. According to Shapiro, Kelly had vigorously objected, feeling that the show was casting him off. “I just wanted to make sure that the writers were writing truthfully,” he says. Shapiro convinced him that the signature of “Unreal” was complexity and that Jeremy was joining the ranks of the show’s antiheroes.

We watched dailies of the moment on Shapiro’s computer—some takes showed promise, some less. Shapiro said of Kelly, “All I can say is we employ a veteran, and he’s a good person.” Over all, she was pleased with how Season 2 had come together. “Integrating Jeremy was a small price to pay for having a black bachelor and letting Quinn and Rachel go all the way to darkness,” she said. Lifetime had turned out to be a suitable companion after all. “I have friends who sold their projects to HBO,” Shapiro said. “And those projects are still in development.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2016 5:20 PM

Shapiro sounds like a real pill. A damaged, bitter, hypocritical pill.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2016 7:59 PM

OMG, I laughed so hard when Rachel's scheme blew up in her face and the studio boss brought an outsider to run the production. I hope Quinn's is going after Rachel bigtime for scheming behind her back.

For me Quinn's the show. She's a fierce bitch from hell. Rachel is just a wimpering mess stuck in an endless cycle of moping, scheming, moping, scheming, moping, scheming ...

Nice introduction of Michael Rady (Sleeper Cell, Melrose Place Reboot, Greek).

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2016 9:19 PM

The first season was great but this one is way too black for me to get into

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2016 5:29 PM

Why doesn't anybody talk about Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman aka hot as fuck and openly gay actor playing the only likeable character? These two episodes made him by contrast to the others and interesting character, like, can you do that job and not be satan?

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2016 5:53 PM

You are right R30 . He is so pretty he could be married to an Atlanta housewife. Or play one in the next series of unReal.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2016 9:51 PM

R30 is correct. I thought he was kinda cute in The Skinny with Jussie Smollette.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2016 4:09 AM

I like how they're getting back at the Bachelor host, who keeps slamming the show, by making him a spray-tanned doofus. "Cue the idiot." He is a douchebag who argued against having a bisexual bachelor. And he takes himself far too seriously, so the parody's accurate.

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2016 4:35 AM

I loved that bit about the host saying to Quinn that he has some ideas, too, like he could sing on the show. Hilarious. That's what showrunners are dying for people coming up with their own ideas when everything's set in stone and they have no time to "brainstorm" about the next season.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2016 6:47 AM

Jay, the gay assistant, is cute cute cute. He looks like a black Ryan Phillippe.

Craig Bierko is scary. Is he on coke all the time? I wouldnt mind if Chad disappeared with no further explanation. The show is Rachel & Quinn, he is not needed.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2016 11:12 PM

Really strong episode, maybe the best this season. I have no idea why the Lifetime fraus aren't ravenous about it. So many of the eps, like this one, are like the best Lifetime movie ever. The actress who plays Rachel was known for her Lifetime movies not long ago.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2016 5:28 AM

Excellent show. Are the ratings better this season?

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2016 7:01 AM

This is the happiest I've been in awhile (well, since last week anyway). UnREAL season 2, ep 4, ready to download, joy! A present just for me under the tree! I'm starting to think in Quinn's voice lately, love that

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2016 3:22 AM

r37, it seems to be 3rd from the bottom, checking TvByTheNumbers. Incredible, but it's already renewed, for it's acclaim, including a Peabody. I don't care how many other people are watching as long as it stays on. My last favorite Monday show finished dead last, and still got renewed for it's acclaim. I just have good taste.

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2016 3:35 AM

Ok, fucked post. I'm very high on edibles waiting for the new UnREAL. My last favorite Monday show was the brilliant Crazy Ex-Girlfriend which did indeed finish last and still got renewed. And "it's" instead of "its" was just laziness.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2016 3:39 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised by how this season is developing. I like Darius and the girls are great, too. I was sort of hoping Darius and Romeo would be revealed to be lovers.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Darius is pretty sexy and I like the beefier camera guy. The weight looks good on him.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2016 4:47 AM

The ratings have went down this season even more. It hasn't gotten above the series low of season 1 yet. And only got above 500,000 viewers once this season so far. They're really lucky Lifetime owns it really wants the show to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2016 5:29 AM

It's never going to do great in the ratings. The lead characters are hateful cunts who do terrible things to each other; it's not exactly appealing to mainstream America.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2016 6:59 AM

I loved season one and told all my friends you have to binge this; it's great.

Season two has more holes in it than a pound of Swiss cheese.

I don't know where to start.

The big secret of the football player is that he's injured? Boring.

What happened to shockers like Mary jumping off the roof.

The show is shot differently, too.

I'm not into it; And Madison needs to stop crying.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2016 1:47 AM

Your critique has more holes than the cheese you described R45 babe.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2016 5:05 AM

I agree, R45. This was my favorite show last season. It's just completely fallen apart. It's like it's treading water and there's no interesting hook to this season. I hope next year they do a Bachelorette type switch and apply the same insight to male contestants as they did to females in the first year.

And they have to get rid of Chet.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2016 8:35 AM

Suddenly its a critical darling. I gave up 2/3 through season 1. I don't watch reality TV and this snark isn't all that different.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2016 10:03 AM

Chet is nowhere near as interesting now that he doesn't look like a beached whale with popping eyes.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2016 2:21 PM

I really like the show, and fucking LOVE Constance Zimmer as Quinn! I have a theory why the ratings are not great; probably all the fraus who love the bachelor don't like seeing the a backstage view; ruins the fantasy for the heifers.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2016 2:34 PM

Sorry; meant to say "The Bachelor"; meant the whole show, not just whoever the bachelor is.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2016 2:35 PM

I loved season one but this season is terrible.

The women contestants are boring. Last season they were interesting. This one, they're bland.

Freddie Stroma was hot, this new guy is not.

All these hot guys want Rachel, I don't get it. She looks like she smells.

I do not believe for a second that the viewers of "Everlasting" would be happy with the changes to the show. Women do not want to see bikini shots and skimpy football uniforms on women. There would be social media outrage and the ratings would drop because men are not going to watch.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2016 2:44 PM

From that New Yorker profile, it sounds like the other showrunner left and Shapiro is on an unhinged power trip. Not surprised that the show is starting to get sloppy. Maybe Noxon provided the spark of genius last year.

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2016 3:21 PM

The second season is a big let down from last year. I agree that Chet needs to go . All the character does is add an cartoon element that is unnecessary. It worked last year but right now they need to concentrate on Rachel and Quinn's relatiionship and not do this stupid subplot with two competing versions of the same show. Also is it me or has Quinn's character gone so over the top into the dark side that I really don't care what happens to her except maybe to be pummeled by one of the sound guys. I love Constance Zimmer but come on...

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2016 3:26 PM

I just found out about this last week, and started watching. I ended up binging it, and am now caught up. I think it is a genius piece of television. I had never heard of it, and nor had anyone I immediately recommended it to, but, then, we are not Lifetime's target, save for Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2016 3:35 PM

R52, have you ever seen an episode of The Bachelor or Bachelor pad? the women are scantily clad as often as possible, especially on BP. but, then, so are the men. I prefer The Bachelorette, personally, as there are 35 men and one woman, and I watch with the sound off.

by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2016 3:37 PM

25 men--I was wishful thinking. Better go put my contacts in!

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2016 3:38 PM

Never saw any of the Bachelor shows but from asking my co-workers who do, none remember there ever being anything like skimpy football outfits. Maybe they are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2016 5:35 PM

R48, unfortunately, I'm not wrong; for starters, how in the hell can Quinn and Chet be doing competing shows? There'd be no budget for something like that in real life.

The girls are dull.

It's just bad.

by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2016 5:40 PM

I have to agree that the girls this season are dull. The minority rights activist completely sold herself and now seduces the bachelor for some lurid camera exposure? Though I loved Quinn telling the girls to give it their best to cry and the one who wins can ride with Darius.

For me Quinn is the show. Rachel is such a cunt. And if something happens with Darius she will be an even bigger cunt for trying to spin it for the show's advantage.

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2016 7:14 PM

I agree. Quinn is the show.

In the pilot, she was named Alicia, btw.

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2016 9:43 PM

The black activist alone is a damp squib of a character.

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2016 1:44 AM

The show is still good. You queens are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2016 5:26 AM

[quote] They're really lucky Lifetime owns it really wants the show to succeed.

Surely they've given up on success, and are just keeping it on for the acclaim. So its getting at least 3 seasons despite the ratings and naysayers. Works for me. I've enjoyed many low-rated (but acclaimed) shows. Unreal's hardly the first, and it won't be the last.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2016 5:39 AM

They should have had Quinn and Rachel working on a different type of reality show each season.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2016 6:41 PM

I'm binge watching season one again; far superior; but it's like writers have one trick up their sleeves; they play it and then they can't repeat it.

Last season, we had closeted Faith and poor sad anti-depressant depressed abused Mary.

This season we've got less interesting versions.

Plus, the football guy is injured? Why wasn't that caught?

If the story's compelling enough youre not going to say 'why wasn't that caught?' you'd just say, oh, this is great. But this isn't (as) great as last season was.

They need to get this show back on track.

by Anonymousreply 66July 4, 2016 1:36 AM

[quote]The first season was great but this one is way too black for me to get into

Dear god I hope this is a joke, but it probably isn't. I actually think going with a black suitor is one of the smart decisions they made for season 2, it inherently gives a new angle to explore. And the guy playing Darius is attractive and charming, and has a body Freddie Stroma wishes he had, let's be honest. None of the faults I have with the season are his fault.

My problem with this season is it seems too outlandish. Chet is now this over the top caricature because they need an antagonist. That they would ever try to film two shows at once seems ridiculous. In the internet age it is absurdly easy for the UFC fighter to prove that she was in foster care and that the person they brought in was not her mother. I have seen the first three episodes and none of the conflict they are brewing feels real, it feels forced. And Rachel making out with the new boss? There was zero build up for that so it just felt random as hell.

[quote]Why doesn't anybody talk about Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman aka hot as fuck and openly gay actor playing the only likeable character?

I actually am not a huge fan of his character even though I want to be. He seems all over the place writing wise. And his "shock" in the first couple of episodes of this season at Rachel's antics when he has worked there as a producer for years felt silly.

That interview at r26 is VERY enlightening. Very interesting here how they wanted to get rid of Josh Kelley's Jeremy but the network insisted they keep him, I was surprised he was back for season two. And I do agree that the actors weight gain made him look less as a soap opera character. Sure he was hot in season 1, but I'd be lying if I didn't have the same thought. And to be honest the guy is not a good actor.

I'm still enjoying it and watching it, just wanted to articulate what I think the issues in season 2 are so far. I think Quinn and Rachel are terrifically written and acted characters which is what has always made this show work.

by Anonymousreply 67July 4, 2016 2:06 PM

It would have been more fun if Season 2 did a spoof of The Bachelorette with one of the Everlasting gals as the "suitor" being pursued by a pack of hot guys, most of them gay. In fact one of them would be having sex with the black assistant and another would go after Chet.

by Anonymousreply 68July 4, 2016 4:09 PM

Wow, now THAT was a surprising episode. Bye bye Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 69July 5, 2016 4:21 AM

It's a shame that the New Yorker article spoiled the end of this months ago without a warning.

It was an enlightening article though. I don't think Shapiro realized exactly how she was coming across. I feel bad for the actor who plays Jeremy. She seems to have a bizarre resentment towards the guy, and took it out on him in a shitty way. You could tell that he was miserable shooting the episode tonight.

As far as the storyline goes, I don't know how it will play out in the coming weeks. Tonight was definitely the best episode so far this season. The Ruby and the suitor plot was well done. But as far as impact goes, Mary's suicide this was not.

by Anonymousreply 70July 5, 2016 7:10 AM

Rachel hit him first so based on Whoopi's rules, bitch had it comin

by Anonymousreply 71July 5, 2016 12:47 PM

i thought this week's episode got an importnat thing wrong If Darius is on the show to rehab his image, would he really reject the black woman he had just slpt with that very same night?

by Anonymousreply 72July 5, 2016 4:42 PM

I love this show, especially Quinn. Would love to see their take on The Bachelorette as mentioned above. One contestant sleeping with the gay assistant, a gay or bi contestant playing straight to be on TV, etc. Lots of options.

by Anonymousreply 73July 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Like most Primetime soap operas, they go for too many "OMIGOD!" Moments, which means they burn through too much plot in just a few episodes. Very short shelf-life.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2016 2:07 AM

This is the episode that showed that Shapiro is promoting a feminist ideology. She's pushing a misandrist point of view that reeks of a genuine contempt for men.

There's no way the Jeremy of early last season would turn into an abusive foaming-at-the-mouth monster unless she truly believed that this is what all men's default behavior is.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2016 4:12 AM

Another way of looking at it R75 is that she's just writing plot lines, and not fully formed characters. Which makes for a completely unsatisfying show (for me, at least) because people just change from week to week.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2016 4:21 AM

True, R76. But I get a weird feeling in my gut. I've never accused anyone of that before. But there's something about her, what we learned of her in that New Yorker profile, and the way that she writes that show that hints at something uglier and I really feel like it's that.I could be wrong though, and I hope I am, because I really liked last season. But I'm starting to think the highlights of last year came on behalf of Noxon and not her.

by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2016 4:28 AM

I agree r77. And at the very least it does appear that the nuance seen in the first season came from Noxon.

I am really disappointed with the depictions of all of the men. It's all over the top cartoonish. Jeremy turning into a violent asshole? As Darius would say, bitch please! I do like Darius, but wish they had kept his cousin around too. Ruby should have been written with a bit more subtlety.

It would have been great to see more interactions between the contestants. I think the dynamic between hot Rachel, the football wifey and Ruby would have been interesting (calling them out because all three actresses seemed to have chemistry with one another). The Beth Ann storyline seems like an unfinished thought. So too the black debutante who killed her fiancé. Both the MMA fighter and Basketball player seemed like the same character. Kind of a waste...

Overall, this season has been decidedly mixed. I did like seeing Constance Zimmer and Ioan Gruffud banter with one another. Quinn seemed almost playful, which I enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 78July 6, 2016 7:41 AM

So much of this show has never been about subtlety, and it has always had a strong girl-power vibe especially considering it profiles a show with a bunch of women who are willingly participating in the silliest, anti-feminist concepts (let's all fight over a guy!). I think some of you guys are reaching.

I enjoyed the most recent episode. Yes you can say Jeremy of last year would have never done that, but they established in the first episode he is a changed man. And frankly Jeremy of last year was boring as hell. They were forced by the network to bring him back so decided to do something with the character.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2016 12:50 AM

Let's face it, Shapiro came across as a cunt in that interview

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2016 12:54 AM

That's what's missing, r79...the girl power. Quinn and Rachel are at odds this season and the contestants seemed to care about each other last season. Gone this season is Quinn's weird nurturing of Rachel and the women contestants seem like props and not characters.

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2016 1:08 AM

Gruffudd's character would never want to bang Quinn. She ain't no oil painting, you know.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2016 3:24 AM

Darius cut Ruby because he's actually in love with her but didnt want to cum between her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2016 4:52 AM

True, R83, they made sure to show a pained look on his face when he walked away from her. He wanted her to patch up her relationship with her father, too.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2016 2:30 PM

Oh-oh, Freddy Stroma's back. I hope they don't fuck up his character as well. I am sure the showrunner wasn't too happy that his character was so popular last season so they make him do something so bad this season that they'll never be forced to ask him back. Freddy has his own showthis TV season anyway.

How can any character on the show trust Rachel at this point? She screws over everybody. But the biggest one she screws over is herself. I guess Quinn's going fuck up her new relationship. She may be the Queen of Bitches, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 85July 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Freddie looked like shit at the end.

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2016 3:42 AM

Constance Zimmer gets her first Emmy nomination!

by Anonymousreply 87July 15, 2016 2:28 PM

[quote]Dear god I hope this is a joke, but it probably isn't.

Right. Maybe that's the "Problem" with S2.

by Anonymousreply 88July 15, 2016 2:47 PM

This season really is bad. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2016 2:14 AM

I still like it.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2016 3:37 AM

I like how the episode was aboutnthe exploitation of black men (and the victimization) at the hands of police yet in the end it was about how it affected the white girl. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2016 4:37 AM

Quinn would never get a guy as hot looking as Ioan Gruffudd. Fat Chet is more her speed.

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2016 11:17 PM

At worst, it's way better than most shows. Fuck off haters, sorry it isn't a brilliant as the Golden Girl reruns you've seen a million times.

by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2016 12:12 AM

I've never seen a show that was as good as Unreal was in its first season far apart so completely in its second season as this one has.

by Anonymousreply 94July 25, 2016 12:13 AM

No, R93, this season of unREAL isn't even as good as Empty Nest reruns.

by Anonymousreply 95July 25, 2016 12:14 AM

Ok, time to watch ep. 7 again. So predictive, written and filmed months before Baton Rouge. But yes, nowhere near as edgy as a GG or Empty Nest rerun could possibly be.

by Anonymousreply 96July 25, 2016 12:27 AM

Um- Hi R94

by Anonymousreply 97July 25, 2016 2:23 AM

Even good critics like Alan Sepenwall, who loves this show, think Season 2 is a big disappointment. Rumors going around it's been cancelled already.

by Anonymousreply 98July 25, 2016 3:29 AM

Its already been renewed for another season babe.

by Anonymousreply 99July 25, 2016 3:35 AM

No it hasn't, R99/sweetie. Provide a link. You don't have one? Because it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 100July 25, 2016 4:01 AM

Um...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 25, 2016 4:14 AM

Not R99, but it actually was. Although it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to cancel it despite a renewal. I'd imagine though that the network will have greater control over the project next season though, or bring back Noxon, who seems to be responsible for why the first season worked.

Of course then Shapiro will say that she's been victimized and stifled creatively. Even though it was her artistic vision that led this season to become an unwatchable catatrosphe.

by Anonymousreply 102July 25, 2016 4:15 AM

It will be "unrenewed." This season is tanking. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last.

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2016 4:22 AM

I think they'll try to salvage it with season three, R103. It's the only show on the network that has gotten rave reviews and a Peabody. I'd say Shapiro will be reigned in tightly, or replaced altogether as showrunner.

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2016 4:41 AM

This season is reaynot as bad as you hoes are making it out to be. The first wasn't exactly perfect.

by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2016 5:14 AM

Renee Benton, who plays Ruby, is heading to Broadway. She is playing Natasha, the female lead in the musical, THE GREAT COMET. The show stars Josh Grobin and is loosely based on a portion of Leo Tolstoy's WAR AND PEACE.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2016 5:31 PM

Constance Zimmer should be paid TRIPLE because she's the only thing I'm liking this season.

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2016 11:54 PM

This season is fine, but (ironically like Everlasting itself) its trying too hard to stay politically relevant and relying on too many stunts. I didn't like Mary's death last season either. They need to reel back because they tend to bite off more than they can chew. And yes none of the contestants this year are interesting and they haven't even bothered to develop them so I can't see the finale being particularly satisfying or interesting.

Shapiro seems to be too much like Rachel in real life and if Marni was her 'Quinn', they need to bring her back. Shaprio gets too personal and vindictive about things, hence the pointless destruction of the Jeremy character (who wasn't that interesting to begin with but no need to make him a psycho stalker/abuser just cause you didn't want to cast him in the first place) and the veering away from the Bachelorette satire into silly, preachy, "this is important" socio-political tangents.

by Anonymousreply 108July 29, 2016 12:13 AM

I agree about the Jeremy character. There was no need to make him go bat shit crazy. Didn't he cheat on his girl last season?

by Anonymousreply 109July 29, 2016 3:29 AM

I'd like to have seen Rachel and Quinn ordered to co-produce a soap in S2. They said all they needed to say about Everlasting in S1.

by Anonymousreply 110July 29, 2016 3:33 AM

I agree, R108. The preachy, "SJW/we are so politically relevant and racially aware" is tiresome. Bring me some mean, manipulative bitches and behind the scenes gossip and I'm happy.

It will obviously end up like this: Darius and Tiffany about to get married, he'll either run away to go after Ruby, or Ruby will show up at the wedding and he'll run away with her anyway. And Tiffany will run to Chet's arms.

A satisfying finale would be Darius and Tiffany getting married and cinically using each other for their own personal gain. BLM chick would be his mistress and Tiffany would be cheating on him with Chet.

by Anonymousreply 111July 29, 2016 3:59 AM

I actually thing that's what's going to happen R111.

by Anonymousreply 112July 29, 2016 4:28 AM

At one point in the episode it sounds like Chet asks Jay either "Did you find Derek?" or "Did you find Darren?" Was this intentional or a screw-up they just let slide?

by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2016 7:50 PM

We're near it, we're in proximity, to a new episode. Christmas! And is it the 9th or next to last this year? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing. For the rowers keep on rowing. And they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing!!! Is it raining, is it snowing, is a hurricane a-blowing.

by Anonymousreply 114August 1, 2016 6:15 AM

WTF, R114?

by Anonymousreply 115August 2, 2016 10:07 PM

Haha

by Anonymousreply 116August 2, 2016 10:17 PM

The show reached a series low this week and ranked 65th in the cable ratings. Even Baby Bodybuilders on TLC got higher ratings. Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 2, 2016 10:21 PM

LOL, R117. That two season renewal by Lifetime doesn't seem that smart in retrospect now, does it? I mean, did they even WATCH season two before it premiered?

by Anonymousreply 118August 3, 2016 1:16 AM

I think it can be saved. They just need to fire Shapiro and hire smarter writers.

by Anonymousreply 119August 3, 2016 1:21 AM

It's dunzo. It will be unrenewed. No contracts have been signed, I'm sure. They weren't supposed to start shooting again until early next year, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 120August 3, 2016 2:04 AM

It was a dumb idea to use a black suitor and make him essentially a dumb jock with no charm.

by Anonymousreply 121August 3, 2016 4:19 AM

R121, I agree.

These writers are great at twists -- but so was Chubby Checker and that didn't make him a good writer.

by Anonymousreply 122August 3, 2016 4:20 AM

I was surprised to hear that Shapiro was dating a guy, since the show this season seems to be following the lesbian narrative benchmarks of men portrayed as abusive, rapist brutes.

by Anonymousreply 123August 3, 2016 4:46 AM

I think they'll go ahead with season 3 as planned, despite the abysmal ratings. I doubt it will go beyond that though.

by Anonymousreply 124August 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Lifetime has kept the show going hoping that it would be a slow build to more acclaim and awards, but the show has run into a ditch in both reviews and ratings. A season 3 now isn't going to change any of that.

They're likely making a lot more money off of the female dwarf shows. They can give up the dream of being the next AMC and easily do a few more of those.

by Anonymousreply 125August 3, 2016 5:19 PM

R125 The Little Women franchise is doing good for Lifetime although it's getting very repetitive. Even the worst ratings performer, the NY one, gets roughly twice the ratings than Unreal.

I don't know what they were thinking about renewing it for season 3 before season 2 even started. Even if season 3 improves quality wise, I doubt the ratings will much. Lifetime doesn't seem to be ready to give up on the show just yet though.

by Anonymousreply 126August 3, 2016 5:49 PM

I don't like sad Quinn who wants to be able to choose between a baby and her career.

Rachel is so toxic that I am surprised that anyone comes near her without a hazmat suit. I bet Shiri Appelby thanks her lucky stars that the show has such low ratings, because otherwise she could be easily known for playing the most hated fictional characer in TV show history.

The contestants suck. They are so not interesting this season. If there's a third season I sure hope it's going to be male suitors fighting over one woman and some of the guys hooking up with each other (yeah, never going to happen).

by Anonymousreply 127August 3, 2016 5:52 PM

There is no one to like and no one to root for anymore. Quinn is a one-note shrew. You get whiplash from watching her swing from loving a man to hating him. And I loathe those repetitive scenes of her barking at the studio monitors spewing her nasty remarks. Rachel is such a lost cause... so who cares. All the men have become loathsome tools. Make me miss Freddie Stroma, who even with all the character's flaws, managed to bring a spark to his character to make you think he was redeemable all the way to the end. It was a waste to bring him back for one episode to essentially do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 128August 3, 2016 9:08 PM

Season 3 could at least have the series go off on a good note if they turn it into a Bachelorette-style show.

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2016 2:50 AM

R129 Yes, upping the beefcake factors will help sugar-coat all the nasty back-stabbing drama.

by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2016 3:45 AM

R128, you nailed it.

amazing how fast a show can go south

UnREAL is up for two TV Critics Awards later this week. I think the voting was done prior to the debut of season two so maybe it'll win something.

by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2016 3:59 AM

As I said before, I still like it. It lacks the surprise element of the first season and behind the scens digs can only take you so far, but it's still entertaining. Quinn is a queen, love her. Rachel and Shiri are supremely annoying and unlikable, but oh well. The love story between Quinn and Rachel is the soul of the show.

The laxative on the sushi thing was hysterical. Loved seeing Yael being taken down. I think the show failed in trying to do a SJW/racial discussion thing with Darius, black lives chick and everything else, hope they go back to just being bitchy and fun next season. No social commentary needed. These chicks need to have NO CONSCIENCE at all. That's the best social critique they can make. Obviously Tiffany is out of the race, so I hope Darius ends up with black debutante girl. I will stop watching if the finale makes him some kind of racial warrior thing alongside Ruby.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2016 10:39 PM

As much as I want to like this season, it has been a major disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 133August 4, 2016 11:01 PM

The second season emphasized all the bad parts of season one, and did away with all the good parts. Another Lifetime show Devious Maids also had a really mediocre second season, but came back strong creatively in the third season, so there is some hope.

by Anonymousreply 134August 4, 2016 11:44 PM

I hate the girl with the braids.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2016 3:37 AM

With all its flaws- the second season had the hotter pursuiter.( please dont turn this into a race thing. The hotter guy just happened to be black).

by Anonymousreply 136August 7, 2016 5:01 AM

I agree, R136, but the storylines and new characters this season are much weaker than on S1.

by Anonymousreply 137August 7, 2016 5:10 AM

I think the guy who plays the host is hot.

by Anonymousreply 138August 7, 2016 5:42 AM

So do I. Definitely wouldn't mind a quickie with him.

by Anonymousreply 139August 7, 2016 3:03 PM

it was such a fun bit when they showed the host guy grabbing cast offs in the first season; that was a nice bit b/c it probably happens in real life shows like this, but nobody every notices.

by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2016 10:09 PM

Good season finale. I was hoping we'd see the car actually explode.

by Anonymousreply 141August 9, 2016 5:03 AM

The Comeback did this 12 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2016 5:06 AM

The Comeback? The Lisa Kudrow series? That was a few years ago, not 12.

by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2016 5:20 AM

Like Rachel didn't know that her total drama outburst would push Jeremy to kill or at least hurt Coleman and Yael aka New Rachel.

It's nice that Darius and Ruby got their happy ending.

Man, Quinn got so blindsided, she couldn't even give a snarky comment about Chet's "at least we have each other" comment.

Will there be a third season? Some of Quinn's lines seemed very final (this is it?).

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2016 3:34 PM

What I find hilarious is that the family members and guests of the other two brides cheered for Ruby when she showed up and Darius chose her.

by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Granny with the tube stuck up her nose didn't look thrilled, though.

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2016 4:42 PM

On-screen car explosions cost a lot of money and we ain't spending more money on this loser show.

A character sabatoges a car's brakes? A plot even Dynasty would have thought as too cliched,

Good thing Josh Kelly is losing the weight, cause he's going to have to find another job soon.

Not that anyone cares anymore, but we're not even watching this anymore.

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2016 1:19 AM

Watching Season 1 which is pretty terrible. You have to have pretty low standards to watch something as unedifying as this. Can't imagine how awful Season 2 is.

by Anonymousreply 148August 12, 2016 5:49 PM

Twenty minutes into Season 2 was enough to be done with this show. Season 1 was trashy yet compelling binge-watching. But the setup is so repetitive - manipulate, manipulate, manipulate - it just gets old.

by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2016 9:07 AM

They shouldn't have left it with a cliffhanger which makes it seem like Yael and Coleman could have survived the crash. They should have been killed off period, leaving Rachel, Jeremy, Quinn and Chet to deal with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 150August 14, 2016 1:06 PM

R150 Agreed. Yael and Coleman were such shitty one-note characters they should be killed off and never be mentioned again. Actually the whole second season should be forgotten. People who haven't watched this season shouldn't bother. If they want to see Freddie Stroma, just watch episode 7.

by Anonymousreply 151August 14, 2016 10:42 PM

They should have stopped why they were ahead with the Yael and Coleman send off. They reached the agreement of mutual destruction knowledge. Send them off never to be heard from again. The murder twist further destroys all characters involved. Hopefully there won't be a Season 3 that I'll be tempted to hate watch.

by Anonymousreply 152August 15, 2016 12:15 PM

What I said in an earlier post - BLM hateful chick would appear at the wedding and run away with Darius - happened. Is the showrunner that devoid of original ideas???

by Anonymousreply 153August 15, 2016 3:51 PM

This show was good. I enjoyed the final episode.

by Anonymousreply 154August 16, 2016 4:11 AM

R154 I thought the final episode just cleaned up all the shitty storylines from the second seasons. Back to basic. But for some viewers, it's too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 155August 16, 2016 4:17 AM

Season 3 starts tonight!

Anyone else excited?

by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2018 7:33 PM

[quote]Anyone else excited?

I stopped watching season 2 after like 4 or 5 eps.

We will see about checking out the new season

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2018 7:36 PM

R157 I know, I had to force myself to finish the season, it was so bad. But every new season of this show comes with a fresh new concept and that's what I'm excited about. Who knows, perhaps I'll be bitching here tomorrow because I'll hate it.

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2018 7:40 PM

This season is a Bachelorette send up, so DL should appreciate the parade of hunks. Constance Zimmer was on Colbert last week and called it a "sausage fest".

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2018 7:41 PM

Yay! I'll be posting their sexiest pics here for sure.

by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2018 7:48 PM

Tom&Lorenzo are excited as well. They feature some promo shots from the season opener, including a cute shirtless contestant.

[quote]We know this show sort of went off the rails in season two, but this upcoming season looks incredibly promising, and not just because of the addition of the fabulous Caitlin Fitzgerald. The show’s always had a fantastic core cast – especially the two leads, Constance Zimmer and Shiri Appleby. And it’s always been such a dead-on skewering of [italic]The Bachelor[/italic], making it one of the more on-point cultural critiques of our time, considering how ubiquitous and over-discussed that horrible show is. We’re feeling it. There’s a sense of renewed focus after the meandering of the last season. No predictions going forward, but we’ll be checking it out.

Although I'm telling you right now - if they don't have at least one contestant be a closeted homosexual who's screwing our boy Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman in secret, I'll be [italic]pissed.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 26, 2018 9:28 PM

Here's some more discussion of both seasons of this show, if anyone wants a refresher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 26, 2018 9:31 PM

So I've looked over Caitlin FitzGerald's IMDb page and I can't say I've seen any of her projects, which is weird but also exciting. I'll be looking at her acting chops extra carefully tonight.

by Anonymousreply 163February 26, 2018 9:35 PM

They sure picked a weird looking bunch for the male contestants... No one at Freddie Stroma (the highlight of season one) level of hotness.

by Anonymousreply 164February 26, 2018 9:42 PM

The highlight of season 1...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 26, 2018 9:52 PM

Yes r165!

Also that scene where those people were watching him fuck that lady in the hotel room. The thought of that was so hot to me.

by Anonymousreply 166February 26, 2018 9:54 PM

So "unreal" that he would wear baggy boxers! ;D

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 26, 2018 10:04 PM

r164, The curse of filming in Canada strikes again. There are plenty of hot Canadian guys but none of them become actors apparently. Your show is on the brink. How the fuck do you not get hot guys as the contestants??? It looks like the bar scene in Star Wars.

Admittedly, most hot straight guys would abandon ship once they found out how boring the Suitoress is.

by Anonymousreply 168February 27, 2018 6:40 AM

Great season opener. Although the conceit doesn't really hold up that well - the "female Elon Musk" can't find a man so she enters a reality show? That would never happen but it is hilarious to think about.

Kinda hate the bitch for cutting a guy because he was shorter than her. But I would cut anyone who's taller than me so... I guess that makes me just as bad?

r168 Plenty of hot cheap Canadian actors around; just look at Star Trek: Discovery and The Magicians. It's just that the casting department was lazy/incompetent in this particular case. The reached their all-time high with Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman's and Freddie Stroma's casting. It all went downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 169February 27, 2018 12:56 PM

[Quote] Also that scene where those people were watching him fuck that lady in the hotel room. The thought of that was so hot to me.

That scene was fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 170February 27, 2018 1:14 PM

I have to agree that the guys are not that great. At least Josh Kelly is back to being hot.

by Anonymousreply 171February 27, 2018 1:19 PM

Attention-seeking, gold-digging man whores the likes of which appear on The Bachelorette would not drop out if the bachelorette is boring. That’s the point of them being gold-digging man whores.

And let’s be real, every single bachelor/Bachelorette is boring as hell. The true show is in the contestants’ craziness/ drama.

by Anonymousreply 172February 27, 2018 3:15 PM

r172, There's no gold-digging on The Bachelorette because In the real world the "female Elon Musk" does not go on reality TV. And if they want to show that the contestants are interesting and the lead is boring, the time unReal spends on each is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 173February 27, 2018 3:51 PM

Mo Ryan says the first five episodes are just a continuation of some of the bad habits of the last season. Let's hope they manage to grow past that later in the season.

And is there anyone here who actually enjoys Chet? Do you know anyone who likes that character? He's like a damn cockroach. I know he's written as an irritant and that's his whole function in this show but I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 27, 2018 11:30 PM

This is a show that peaked in its first season. The best thing was the chemistry/romance between Rachel and Adam... and once they squashed that, they couldn't find anything else to replace it -- her relationship with Coleman in season 2 was just lame. Quinn's constant bitching got old fast. It's like the show only continued the bad stuff into the second season, and season 3 doesn't sound like it has fixed anything.

by Anonymousreply 175February 28, 2018 1:31 AM

Manbun guy does make up for the lackluster quality of the other guys.

by Anonymousreply 176March 6, 2018 9:37 AM

Once again we are suppose to believe that another hot guy likes Rachel. She always looks like she's dirty and smells. Why do all these guys want her.

by Anonymousreply 177March 6, 2018 11:37 AM

I've never been bothered by an Australian accent before, but the manbun's one is so very grating. Is he putting it on? Or was that a South African accent? Because that one I find ugly.

r177 Maybe because she's obviously damaged and so probably a freak in bed? Perhaps they're attracted to her "don't give a fuck" attitude? Or her position in the show?

by Anonymousreply 178March 6, 2018 11:46 AM

Like many shows that focus on sex, this show needs a disclaimer that it's not a documentary. It's completely fabricated fiction that so many guys would find the lead so irresistible and need to sleep with her.

by Anonymousreply 179March 6, 2018 12:17 PM

But even in fiction you have to maintain a least some level of believability.

by Anonymousreply 180March 6, 2018 12:45 PM

You can stretch believability so it becomes absurd and there's nothing wrong with that as it's useful to really drive the point home. Three Billboards is the most recent example of that, although McDonagh has done it in his previous work as well.

by Anonymousreply 181March 6, 2018 12:51 PM

R180 This is Lifetime Channel.... Frauen will believe a hot guy falls for the crazy lady because of chemistry. And in season one, the Rachel/Adam romance kind of worked as escapist fantasy. But since they dialed up Rachel's crazy into mental institution level... there's nothing sexy about her.

by Anonymousreply 182March 6, 2018 7:04 PM

Straight men fuck anything. I don't think its too unrealistic that Rachel gets laid easily. All women, even Mama June types, can get laid without trying.

by Anonymousreply 183March 6, 2018 7:08 PM

This is a common problem of TV shows. All action has to move through the protagonist so you're not seeing all the people not attracted to them so it seems like everyone is.

I just hope they find a way to make Serena more interesting. And I hardly consider myself a Communist, but I don't like this Hollywood trend where everyone from Silicon Valley is a saint who can fix all our problems.

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2018 4:54 PM

So the second episode was boring but this one I didn't mind that much. Especially because we got Jeffrey and the Russian guy kissing. I told you he'd hook up with one of the contestants, didn't I? Boris and Natasha are going to flip the fuck out! And did you notice the suitress had "Bi?" written on a post-it next to the photo of him on her mirror?

Bunghazi next week!

by Anonymousreply 185March 13, 2018 3:36 PM

I am kinda looking forward to Bunghazi. The show is a victim of the first season's success. Anyone who watches these shows knows that the contestants are the fun part. But because of Adam/Rachel, the show keeps focusing on the boring Suitor/ess. People were asking why a female Elon Musk would go on this show. With her personality we now know.

This show might work if they just forgot about last season and got rid of Jeremy. (I feel bad for Josh Kelly who's trying his best.)

by Anonymousreply 186March 13, 2018 4:18 PM

I like the cute fireman.

by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2018 8:29 PM

Here's a list of ten featured suitors if any of you homos need a refresher course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2018 8:36 PM

Alexey Vorobyov is quite the star in Russia (X-Factor, Dancing With the Stars) so I wonder how him kissing a black gay guy will go over with his people.

I hope Jeffrey bends him over and has his way with him. Yes, I know Jeffrey's clearly a bottom but why [italic]not[/italic] go that extra mile just to drive the point home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2018 8:43 PM

The firefighter, Alex Hernandez. 100% beef.

(The tats are temporary, for a play he was doing.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 16, 2018 8:46 PM

August looks ten times hotter with the shorter hair. I'm disappointed they didn't go down the bisexual route with the Russian but I'm glad they showed Jay being in a loving relationship with his boyfriend.

Quinn gets slapped with a #MeToo next week!

by Anonymousreply 191March 20, 2018 8:16 PM

The ratings of this show has never been good, but they are now in the embarrassing range. It's barely been able to draw a quarter of a million viewers now. Even the critical praise the show has gotten can't save it with ratings like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 20, 2018 8:34 PM

They have already filmed season 4, and season 4 will be the final one, so I don't think the ratings really matter at this point.

by Anonymousreply 193March 20, 2018 8:35 PM

They reduced the number of episodes in season 4 and the budget per episode is significantly lower.

by Anonymousreply 194March 20, 2018 8:40 PM

So... more Australians in the cast, fewer wardrobe changes, more interior conversations between tertiary characters...? Damn, it's going to limp to the finish line, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 195March 20, 2018 8:48 PM

Even at its peak the show was never a huge hit, but did skew younger which is important to Lifetime. S2 was an unrecoverable disaster. They realllly should have done the Suitoress in S2.

by Anonymousreply 196March 21, 2018 12:01 AM

Remember when this show used to be good?

by Anonymousreply 197March 27, 2018 9:36 AM

I think losing Marti Noxon was the big blow this show took; she was running the show season one and it was crack TV; I couldn't wait to see what would happen especially after seeing Mary's storyline climax.

if the show was great with her in season one and sucky in season two without her why not bring her back for 3 (or 4)?

by Anonymousreply 198March 30, 2018 5:23 PM

I wish I could understand anything the Russian guy says. He needs a nude scene, or at least a naked butt shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 30, 2018 5:27 PM

I understand everything the Russian says but yes, that is a proper Russian accent and I commend the show for booking an actual Russian actor and not just some rando doing a cartoonish imitation of it.

Speaking of accents, August needs to fucking go already. Yes, he looks amazing with his new haircut but he has the absolute ugliest Australian accent ever and I'm convinced the bitch leans into it on purpose as well. Almost every line of his makes me wince. And he's a shit actor on top of that; the scene where he was confronting the suitress to tell her the truth... oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 200March 30, 2018 5:57 PM

Aaaaand I'm done with this show. First season -- great! Second -- not so much. Third -- ditto. I just don't care about Rachel's parents. The show's focus should be Everlasting, period.

by Anonymousreply 201April 1, 2018 9:30 PM

r201 The Russian going down on the black gay guy isn't enough for you to stick around? I imagine even Boris and Natasha are rage-watching it by this point.

by Anonymousreply 202April 1, 2018 10:46 PM

Adam Demos is a g-d.

Any stories? He doesn't ping, but he doesn't not ping either. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 1, 2018 11:19 PM

A chapstick is an actor's best friend, Adam.

He has dry lips on the show as well and it bugs me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 1, 2018 11:24 PM

R201 You are so right. Shows forget why people watch. We watched this show for the fun behind the scenes look at a reality show not the roots of poor Rachel's personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 205April 2, 2018 2:33 AM

Just as the show is getting gayer by the episode, DLers abandon it. This is why we can't have nice things.

Shirtless wrestling next week. Plus a kid gets run over by a truck, probably.

by Anonymousreply 206April 3, 2018 10:22 PM

Manbun has a good body but the character is a whiner and a bore. The Russian is intriguing and is no stranger to seducing men, but the drug addiction is a major turn off. The other contestants are not very interesting... The fireman and the Wall Street guy seem more like plot devices without much personality. I still don't give a shit about Rachel's mental problems. If only the show could write her off...

by Anonymousreply 207April 3, 2018 10:39 PM

r207 is right, Manbun's body is great and he's far from ugly, but we need a moratorium on casting directors thinking we'll go gaga over a guy because he's Australian. Maybe that's where Trump should have Mexico pay for a wall.

by Anonymousreply 208April 4, 2018 9:03 AM

R208 If Manbun were the gay one, I would give him more than a glance... but as a horny hetero, he's boring.

by Anonymousreply 209April 4, 2018 9:15 AM

Can we all agree that August’s hole is the best?

by Anonymousreply 210April 10, 2018 7:29 AM

The hole digging b-plot was so ridiculous.... what property management would let some sanctimonious schmuck start digging a hole in the ground, cuz it's good for the environment? I do enjoy the gay/bi Russian suitor though I don't like the drug addiction. He's got a hot bod and knows how to use it. The other men are boring.

by Anonymousreply 211April 13, 2018 10:45 PM

The new black lesbian character intrigues me. I feel like she's going to fuck Quinn over somehow.

by Anonymousreply 212April 13, 2018 10:50 PM

R212 I thought I was watching the wrong show when she showed up. Kind of late in the season to throw in a new character.

by Anonymousreply 213April 14, 2018 1:26 AM

r213 Yeah, I know, but she seems insightful enough so I'm kinda fine with it. They did awkwardly meet in the club in an earlier episode but it's still jarring.

by Anonymousreply 214April 14, 2018 1:32 AM

R214 Now that you mention it... I do vaguely recall that club scene, but it still feels very shoehorned into the plot. And more crazy Rachel drama next week... so over her mental issues.

by Anonymousreply 215April 14, 2018 1:51 AM

Rachel's and her father's mental issues are uncomfortable for me to watch at this point, to be honest. I didn't start watching this show to see people deal with severe mental disorders that need treatment in an actual asylum.

I apologize if that sounded bigoted. I do live right next door to the main psychiatric facility in my country so I've been surrounded by patients that are being treated there since I was a kid. I just wanted to say that I don't like when my favourite shows morph into something else entirely. 'You're The Worst' became a drag for similar reasons.

by Anonymousreply 216April 14, 2018 1:59 AM

Jay getting his heart broken twice in the same episode was difficult to watch. The "this is disgusting" line was especially cruel. But he's gorgeous so he should bounce back in no time.

by Anonymousreply 217April 20, 2018 9:28 PM

Well, finally finished watching this season, and the final two episodes were underwhelming. It's the same rehashed plot. Hate the never ending Chet/Quinn, Rachel/Jeremy and Quinn/Rachel bullshit. Get some new material already! And is the show recycling the suitors for the next season since I saw Alexi in the preview.

by Anonymousreply 218May 7, 2018 2:14 AM

Jeremy is so cute. We need more naked Jeremy.

by Anonymousreply 219May 7, 2018 3:15 AM

Had to force myself to finish those last two episodes. There's nothing new here, in any form, so it's really for the best that it's ending.

Here's season 4 promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 10, 2018 1:20 AM

r219 I was marvelling at how sexy Josh Kelly was looking in those final two episodes. His blue eyes and that reddish brown hair really popped. The camera loves him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 10, 2018 1:22 AM

R220 So August and Alexi are back for season 4?

by Anonymousreply 222May 10, 2018 3:15 PM

So which was worse season 2 or season 3?

by Anonymousreply 223May 10, 2018 3:19 PM

R223 I think season 2 was way worse because Coleman and the bachelor were both so boring. Also, this season had a glimpse of Alexi in Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 224May 10, 2018 3:23 PM

Lifetime sold off Season 4 to HULU. Nice way to treat those of us who stuck it out.

by Anonymousreply 225May 22, 2018 5:58 PM

Damn, the fourth season drops in less than a week!

[quote]The new episodes will be available to watch on Prime Video in just one week's time from Tuesday, July 17. The season will first premiere on Australian channel Stan, as its official Twitter account has shared a trailer and deemed the show "the real Love Island".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 11, 2018 5:22 PM

Wait, I thought it was coming to Hulu first and then Lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 227July 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Yes, it's very weird and I'm seeing people confused on Reddit as well. I think July 17 is for Australians only and then it's coming to US Hulu as well.

Or maybe I got it completely wrong. Dear Lord, how they butchered this show.

by Anonymousreply 228July 11, 2018 5:29 PM

Please let there be more of Josh Kelly, preferably shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 229July 11, 2018 5:37 PM

Is it the whole series?

by Anonymousreply 230July 11, 2018 5:41 PM

So it first comes to Australian TV channel Set on Tuesday, and then to Amazon Prime some hours after that, and then to Hulu, where all of the seasons that have played on Lifetime will now be available.

Yeah, that's not confusing at all.

by Anonymousreply 231July 11, 2018 5:48 PM

Well, all of season 4 was released today on Hulu in a surprise move. But it's also the last season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 16, 2018 2:43 PM

Wow. It wasn’t perfect, but it had moments of greatness. It deserved better than an unpromoted dumping on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 233July 16, 2018 3:01 PM

A slap in the face to those that watched it who don't subscribe to Hulu. I'll stay clear of Lifetime shows from now on.

by Anonymousreply 234July 16, 2018 3:10 PM

It's a business r233, the ratings were clearly really bad since Lifetime decided they couldn't waste their programming slots on the show.

by Anonymousreply 235July 16, 2018 3:12 PM

Time to do that free 30 day Hulu subscription and binge UnREAL.

by Anonymousreply 236July 16, 2018 3:13 PM

I'm sure it'll appear on a download site.

by Anonymousreply 237July 16, 2018 3:16 PM

Five minutes into the first episode and I see François Arnaud's name pop up in the credits.

Holy shit! This is not a drill!

by Anonymousreply 238July 17, 2018 12:37 PM

[quote]A slap in the face to those that watched it who don't subscribe to Hulu.

Or those of us in Canada who watched it on Lifetime Canada but can't get Hulu at all because the service isn't available here.

by Anonymousreply 239July 17, 2018 12:55 PM

r239 Damn, that's rough. And just as the hottest Montrealer ever takes the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 240July 17, 2018 12:59 PM

The first episode is already everything I ever wanted this show to be. Tightly written with a breakneck pace, relentlessly cruel, and everyone's all-in as it's the final season.

Oh, and butts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 17, 2018 1:12 PM

Rodrigo's face is a tad spesh up close but his body is... [italic]oh, my.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 17, 2018 1:29 PM

Josh Kelly has great pecs, practically needed a bra for them. Who knew jiggle tv could be done with a man? I still haven't seen season 3 and dying to see season 4, so I'll take 236's advice. The first season was nearly perfect, too bad it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 243July 17, 2018 1:41 PM

I’ve never been so pissed to have to go to work. I watched the first during breakfast. I can’t wait for the rest. This is a show that should have always been offered for binge offering. Lifetime was the wrong home and I’m glad Hulu is venturing outside of its “once a week” programming strategy.

by Anonymousreply 244July 17, 2018 3:47 PM

Season 4 was the best season since 1. Figures they only get their shit together at the end.

by Anonymousreply 245July 17, 2018 10:48 PM

r245 You finished it already? I'm glad it's good; currently on episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 246July 17, 2018 10:49 PM

I work from home

by Anonymousreply 247July 17, 2018 10:57 PM

I just finished it too. Yes, darkest and most compelling since the first year. They go to places where I’m not surprised Lifetime wanted to shelve it. Rachel was excellent. Was the ending literal or symbolic?

by Anonymousreply 248July 18, 2018 3:14 AM

The melancholy theme music is so haunting, perfectly suits the show.

by Anonymousreply 249July 18, 2018 3:45 AM

Watching the third episode now and it really is awesome. The writing is incredible (Rachel falling for Quinn's baby, oh my!) and there so much electrifying drama I feel like watching an action flick and need a break after each episode.

Love how Quinn (and everyone else) obviously can't stand Graham. Her constant little digs at him throughout all the seasons always tickle me as I imagine everyone must have hated Seacrest much the same way.

r247 Nice save.

by Anonymousreply 250July 18, 2018 1:33 PM

It really is a shame that Hulu is marketing it as the final season. This was easily the best since the first and they should keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 251July 18, 2018 2:16 PM

*I meant "Rachel falling for Quinn's baby [italic]daddy[/italic]", of course

by Anonymousreply 252July 18, 2018 2:18 PM

D score from the AV Club for the whole season. Of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 18, 2018 11:30 PM

Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+, R253.

I enjoyed the shit out of season 4. Much darker than the previous three and I liked that they ditched the feminist angle in favor of a "This Is America" one. Fabulous acting from Constance Zimmer in the last couple of episodes, and I hope she gets another Emmy nod. All in all, a good end to a mostly good show.

by Anonymousreply 254July 18, 2018 11:48 PM

r254 B+ is slightly better but this season deserves more. I'm sorry, but this is the one show I neither need nor want for it to be woke. They tried that in its second season and just about everyone abandoned it. I want it to be no holds barred nasty and gladiatorial to its core. I don't give a shit if anyone thinks that makes me a bad person. It's summer, my brain is shot with sangria, we're living under Trump, and so I [italic]need[/italic] this relief valve.

by Anonymousreply 255July 19, 2018 12:16 AM

I like that after three seasons of Rachel trying to curb her bad habits, we finally got to see what they were. She was a wonderfully manipulative bitch. I love Blonde Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 256July 19, 2018 12:50 AM

r256 I finished the fourth episode just now and she's literally doing two guys while a third one is starting to fall for her. That's incredible. I adore Blonde Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 257July 19, 2018 12:52 AM

Just saw season 3 on Hulu, didn't think it was that bad. It caught on fire by episode 5 and built to a satisfying finale. One and four are probably the best though.

by Anonymousreply 258July 20, 2018 6:41 PM

I wanted to make a joke earlier in the thread that this season is so nuts I fully expect to see a live childbirth by the end of the season. And there it was, five episodes in, shitting and all. I'm only up to the fifth episode and it's already one of the most reprehensible things I've ever seen. I love it!

Isn't it great how Rachel retires to that cottage at the end of Season 4 and we're all expecting she'll get in touch with her authentic self by the time Season 4 rolls around? Well, that did end up happening, except her authentic self has been revealed to be actual Satan with blonde highlights. Love having the rug pulled under me like that by the writers.

by Anonymousreply 259July 20, 2018 6:48 PM

*at the end of Season [bold]3[/bold], of course

by Anonymousreply 260July 20, 2018 6:50 PM

No Josh Kelly in season 4 😿

by Anonymousreply 261July 21, 2018 3:41 PM

Yeah, but his character was going nowhere R261. The replacement Tommy was much more charismatic and fit well with the theme of letting your worst instincts play out. I was tired of White Knights trying to save Rachel and her trying to act morally superior to her job.

If they had leaned into the dark spirit of the show more in seasons two and three, maybe four wouldn’t have been the last week.

But we know, Sarah Shapiro had to let us know just how woke she was, at the detriment to the show.

by Anonymousreply 262July 21, 2018 4:21 PM

The D grade on AV Club is really unfair. I stopped reading the recaps in season two when it was clear they picked the absolute worst person to review the shows. The recapped is such a moral prude who begins and ends every review with pearl clenching proclamations of “Is Rachel relatable?!?! I FEEL LIKE I CANT IDENTITY WITH HER!”

Rachel isn’t a character to relate to. She’s someone you are supposed to want to watch for better or worse. I blame critics like this for the all the unnecessary Rachel-grabbing-with-ethics storylines that really bogged down the second and third seasons. It’s a testament to the creative strength of the fourth season that they abandoned such unnecessary qualms.

by Anonymousreply 263July 21, 2018 4:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!