Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marilyn manson

I was reading interviews with Marilyn Manson and holy shit. He's such a sad old nerd. Namedropping, passing off old Internet jokes as if they're his original thoughts, desperate to shock and just all around lame. He and Johnny call themselves "the 12th graders, because they have had all the experiences and everyone wants to fuck them". They have matching tattoos. He's also fat and still dressing like a Goth. I laughed at him back in the day, but it's sad now.

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2018 8:51 PM

So you're saying your empathy grew and you feel compassion for somebody you used to laugh at? That's great. You're showing some real emotional growth. Keep it up!

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2016 1:45 PM

Hahaha, he really is insecure. He has a container of xyklon b, decorating his living room! So edgy! He fucks 10 times a day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Nobody? He really is a hasbeen. When I a gayling, it was Morrisey, Manson or Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2016 9:49 PM

What a dullard! Along with Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2016 12:57 AM

Has he "weighed in yet"? Get it, because he's a fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2016 4:13 PM

I never understood how he got all those hot women...didn't they ever see him without the makeup on?

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2016 4:19 PM

He and Trent Reznor were always trying too hard to be cool and edgy. In the 1990s my friends would joke about how they would puff up and still dye their hair Clairol #40 Black well into their 50s and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2016 4:28 PM

His act got old awhile back. Now, it is just silly and desperate to stay revelant.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2016 4:35 PM

R7: I had to attend a NIN concert 2 summers ago, as a client was in town, and wanted to see them.

I have to say, Mr. Reznor's workout obsession was a pleasure to watch, even if I loathe the music. He went shirtless the third song.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2016 4:45 PM

Has he slimmed down, R9? Last I knew he was pretty bloated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2016 4:57 PM

He looked good summer of '14, I hadn't seen a picture, knowingly, since then. Uch. Perhaps he trained hard for the tour.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2016 4:59 PM

Alice Cooper did it better first time around.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2016 5:06 PM

I was a Mansonite when I was in HS, goth/trench coat phase blah blah blah.

Who are the kids listening too today? By kids I mean the "individuals" who wear all black,eyeliner, have lunch boxes and trench coats, etc. Or has this fad skipped a generation?

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2016 5:12 PM

[quote]Who are the kids listening too today? By kids I mean the "individuals" who wear all black,eyeliner, have lunch boxes and trench coats, etc. Or has this fad skipped a generation?

Good question. I think trenchcoats definitely went out of style after Columbine but I don't know if there are many young goth kids these days, at least in the US. What do teens wear and do nowadays to piss off their parents? Put on fairy wings and proclaim they are trans/genderqueer/otherkin?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2016 5:25 PM

marilyn manson was always lame. real goths listened to Bauhaus, the cure, sisters of mercy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2016 5:28 PM

Transgender is the new goth? lol, FFS. why not.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2016 5:29 PM

R14, from what I can tell, and this is based only on my observation of band shirts/patches//buttons/swag: They are mostly listening to bands from the 80s-90s, which are still active.

I am always amused to see a teen in a Sid Vicious t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2016 5:50 PM

for R13, a new clone of MM, though this video is now 8 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2016 6:48 PM

I don't think young people want to be peripheral at all. Front and center, all of them. I can't think of a young person who tries to be aloof and I work with dozens of interns from high school through college. Maybe that's a good thing, that there's room for everyone.

Marilyn Manson is one of the ugliest people I've ever seen. His head is misshapen.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2016 6:52 PM

He's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2016 7:07 PM

What does he do, besides being Hollywood's drug buddy?

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2016 10:24 PM

Drop names and make shitty music

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2016 4:35 PM

A classic piece from the Onion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2016 4:41 PM

Manson used to blow the other band members(they would blow him back) when they were bored... but he claimed that he wasn't gay! He looks like his hole was open for business as well.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2016 4:44 PM

I don't care for his music, but I read his book to get insight as to what kind of person he was. When he came out and left FLA, He made may enemies, such as the band jack off jill, and Trent Reznor, eventually his original line up of MM all have ill will towards him.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2016 4:52 PM

He is pretentiously pessimistic and obscene.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2016 5:26 PM

'The Beautiful People' and 'This Is Halloween' are the only songs that don't suck ass from his garbage discography.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2016 5:28 PM

Wrong. Surrender is not bad and that was a cover!

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2016 5:35 PM

I didn't like it, R28.

*blushes

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2016 5:53 PM

"I am flypaper for damaged women." Gee, ya think?

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2016 5:55 PM

R30, that was going for Stoya?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2016 5:59 PM

Trent Reznor STILL puts the cream in my twinkie ! Closer is one of the hottest songs ever . Manson was always marketing with no real talent .

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2016 6:34 PM

I generally like his music, though I am no dedicated fan. Of course my idea of music is a female singing to the sound of a thousand chain saws, but I guess I never got over shoegaze. I do like grittier things too.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2016 7:01 PM

I guess it says something that he never went Hollywood and got a chin implant. Because he sure as fuuuuuuuhhhhck needs one.

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2016 7:42 PM

Where did you read about the blow job parities [24]?

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2016 11:06 PM

I don't care anything about his music or what he looks like, but I used to love to watch him on that Bill Maher show with different political types at a round table and let them have at it. He seemed to be a pretty intelligent guy and made fools of conservative types who thought they were dealing with just another airheaded druggie musician.

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2016 2:12 AM

I don't think anyone wants MM on their show after that taking dead fiasco where he was obviously drugged out.

by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2016 2:19 AM

Read the article that was linked above. Good god, he seems to be insufferably boring.

by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2016 6:56 AM

I liked his 'Dope Show" phase when he went glam-goth. While he's boring nowadays, and was overblown even back in the day, hearing his music now does make me think of high school , the good parts and the bad parts...

by Anonymousreply 39September 3, 2018 8:20 PM

And never forget this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 3, 2018 8:31 PM

I think this is his best song and video.

The zombie Nazi Rockettes were interesting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 3, 2018 8:35 PM

He has zero charisma. He’s just a geeky lump who wears gobs of makeup to seem interesting.

I suspect he knows this about himself, too.

by Anonymousreply 42September 3, 2018 8:38 PM

He was always incel adjacent, before we knew what an incel was.

Total geek, redeemed only by his shock value and the fact that, if rumor is correct, he has an enormous penis.

by Anonymousreply 43September 3, 2018 8:43 PM

Ok, so does he go for guys? Dita von Teese was the best out there.

by Anonymousreply 44September 3, 2018 8:51 PM

He's very sad. Was a "blip" in shock culture music industry with a few "hits", but too many obstacles along the way sidetracked his career

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2018 8:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!