Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Larry Hagman and his family naked in their sauna

How did Getty Images get these...er...intimate pics. And is it normal for a family to be hot tubbing in the buff with each other?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 28, 2022 8:13 AM

gross!

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Err, no, that's not normal.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2016 1:52 AM

That's at their spread in Ojai. Larry and Maj were practicing Buddhists and longtime proponents of what you might call the "Cali Naturalist scene". Totally the opposite of the on screen persona he had.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2016 1:53 AM

I wouldn't have minded skinny dipping with him during the I Dream of Jeannie years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2016 1:58 AM

Larry really seems to like the guy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2016 1:59 AM

He liked peeing at the edges of his property to let the animals know it was his.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2016 2:03 AM

Very normal in the Scandinavian countries for families to hot tub and sauna in the buff together. Wasn't Hagman's dad of Swedish descent?

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2016 2:05 AM

Does Larry have Rosesca?

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2016 2:09 AM

Where was Mary Martin during all of this?

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2016 2:11 AM

No Rosacea, he's drunk. For the Hagmans, that scene was normal. Weird guy, Larry was. Could be very nice if he liked you, awful in the extreme if he didn't. I started my career in the final years of Dallas (the original series) and worked on the reunion movies. Luckily, Larry liked and respected me because I was quick with a joke, kept his secrets, and he thought I was "a cute little guy." Nothing sexual there., he just said I was cute and would tease me about my thick, auburn hair which, as a bald guy, he envied. I'd also keep quiet about his copious drinking. Weird, weird guy. Generous, loud, crude and brash, but, he never spoke on Sunday's since his I Dream of Jeannie days. An odd combo of zen and lunatic. Liked to be nude, but, his Major Nelson days were long past. Pity. I've got lots of stories from those days.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2016 2:15 AM

Really creepy

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2016 2:15 AM

The son, or whoever the young guy is, was cute.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2016 2:16 AM

Years ago I came across a photo of the Carradine family all naked in their hot tub. At that time I had a bit of a crush on Robert Carradine and got off on seeing him nude sitting on the edge of the hot tub, but the fact that it was a family photo kind of creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2016 2:17 AM

r10 wasn't Linda Gray usually always half in the tank on set during the Dallas days? Both she and Hagman had serious drinking issues.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2016 2:19 AM

Americans are so uptight.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2016 2:19 AM

more hollywood pedos, like the carradines.

and on and on and on

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2016 2:21 AM

The mere thought of my parents and siblings and me all being stark naked together makes my skin crawl. That is just so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2016 2:22 AM

What's so creepy about families together in the nude? At the Y we always swam in the nude: fathers, sons, cousins, best friends, co-workers, classmates. No big deal. When did we get so prudish about the human body?

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2016 2:22 AM

But you were all male, correct?

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2016 2:23 AM

I don't see a sauna in the OP. Just a hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2016 2:24 AM

Sorry that's just fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2016 2:25 AM

R14, Linda kept her drinking quieter and handled it better, in my estimation. By the reunion movies, even by the end of the series, it wasn't an issue. She was/is a lovely lady. I liked her a lot. I liked Larry a lot, and loved Patrick with whom I also worked on the execrable Step-By-Step. Others on Dallas were not as lovely.

Also, r16, Larry Hagman was no pedo! Not everyone is, you know. He was peculiar, but, not a pedo!

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Can one even be considered nude if one is wearing a toupee?

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2016 2:29 AM

Tell us more, R10! I would have creamed my pants if "Major Nelson" called me cute and admired my hair.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2016 2:30 AM

That's his wife, son and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2016 2:30 AM

r10 what is your take on Hagman's treatment of Donna Reed, which was reportedly reprehensible?

And who were the nasty actors on Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2016 2:34 AM

What r26 asked

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2016 2:34 AM

R10 Did you work on Knots Landing too?

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2016 2:35 AM

r22 Unlikely that he didn't do statutory rape or abuse, though, so many in the elite have done it, and most who did it were neither hebephiles nor pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2016 2:35 AM

I tend to think that, if given the opportunity, Hagman would have dipped his dick in some man hole. He seems to have been very GGG.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2016 2:46 AM

[quote]The son, or whoever the young guy is, was cute

It is the son, and "was" is the operative word. Preston Hagman was a hottie in his 20s and 30s, but he's gut a guy like his dad's now, and his looks hav been lost to middle age. I don't know if he drinks like his dad, too, but something has had a negative effect on his looks.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2016 2:51 AM

No it is not NORMAL, because it is not something people in the west usually do. However it is also NOT NECESSARILY WRONG, because its just nude people. If they are comfortable around each other like that, then its not our business. Unless they are minors who are being forced to do this and getting raped I dont see what the big deal is.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2016 2:58 AM

I've got an early call tomorrow, and need to go to bed, but, I'll come back and answer your questions in the late morning. I used to post things here about my many years in this business, but, so many would respond with TNH and such, so, I stopped sharing since it became a chore. I'll post some more Dallas reminiscences tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2016 2:59 AM

JOAN COLLINS said HAGMAN was the most stupid men in Hollywood; a complete bore.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2016 3:38 AM

[quote] Very normal in the Scandinavian countries for families to hot tub and sauna in the buff together. Wasn't Hagman's dad of Swedish descent?

Yes and Larry Hagman's wife was Swedish.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2016 3:53 AM

Nite, nite, R10. You better return tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2016 4:09 AM

I wonder if he ever invited Christopher Atkins over for a dip.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2016 4:17 AM

R34 Joan fucked that gorgeous bore Warren Beatty and married Anthony Newly, talk about bad taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2016 4:27 AM

It doesn't seem too weird to me. Especially if you are in the water 98% of the time, and not standing around ogling everybody's genitals. It seems healthier than being freaked out over glimpsing a family member naked. Prudery is more damaging.

Any more pictures of that house? I'd love to see more.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2016 4:46 AM

Does his face have blood on it? It looks like his son just punched him in the nose for caressing his thigh under the water.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2016 4:55 AM

Maybe they're the weird family that messes around with each other: the father and daughter are lovers and so are the mother and son....

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2016 5:00 AM

You seem to have put some thought into the pairings R41. Does that sort of thing turn you on?

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2016 5:06 AM

Not every family is just like yours, R41.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2016 5:11 AM

Why not just slip on some trunks and bikinis?

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2016 5:13 AM

How DID Getty get those pics? Did they have a professional photographer over to shoot their naked shenanigans?

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2016 5:14 AM

We await your posts, r10!

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2016 1:41 PM

What's creepy about the photo is the nude family all huddled together in one corner of the pool. And the mom ogling the daughter and seeming to be inviting her nearer. It's not a small sauna, it's a pool and there's plenty of room to spread out. Yet they're all on top of each other.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2016 1:45 PM

r3 Is that before or after Larry gave up the booze? I thought practicing Buddhists abstained from alcohol, so I'm guessing this is after he received his liver transplant. Of course, alcoholics are supposed to go to the end of the transplant list, but when you're rich and famous anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2016 1:46 PM

R33 it's true. You post real stuff on here, which used to be the point, and you get jumped on, accused of being a troll, a plant, a pr person, or worse, a frau. After a while, why bother? Thanks for the info

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2016 1:51 PM

Jews have to rub their dicks on everything, r49.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2016 1:56 PM

It's r10 here. Let me begin by saying a big "Fuck Off!" To r50. Another reason I'm disinclined to share anything here lately is because of these bigoted folks on here who are angry at the world because their dicks are smaller than their mother's clits.

Let's see what's been asked. R34/KELT (I think), Joan Collins was quoted saying a few unfavorable things about Larry, and he, not as publicly, had little good to say of her. There was, naturally, a sense of rivalry with the Dynasty folks.

Larry did not treat Donna Reed well, no. His behavior toward her wasn't quite as brutal as rumored, but, his opinion of the situation was as decidedly staunch. What I saw was that he was cold toward her, unhelpful, but not unprofessional-- to her face. Behind the scenes, he blasted her, feeling that Barbara Bel Geddes should return as her health had improved. Here's the simple truth behind the whole thing. Barbara left and regretted it. Larry adored Barbara. He admired her work because she was, In his estimation, a real actress with stage experience--like his own mother, Mary Martin (with whom he had a strained relationship). Barbara represented, to him, real acting, quality of art, whereas Donna was a movie starlet turned TV actress, and he resented her. That he had a maternal relationship with Barbara only made matters worse. I did hear of abusive behavior toward Donna, and the production office and Lorimar treated her badly. But, by and large, on set, the relationship was between them was cold and not entirely as caustic and abusive as it was in private.

In general, the production was misogynistic. Linda was treated badly by the producers and left for awhile because she wanted to direct (as Larry and Patrick did) and they'd not allow it. When I said people were unpleasant, I meant mostly the producers more so than the actors (though Sheree Wilson was quite difficult). When Linda left, there was a hole in the show and the production lost its heart. Linda was thoroughly wonderful to me and I have stayed in touch with her. Difficulties with Lorimar and the production never seemed to strain the personal relationships with Larry, Linda and Patrick who were great friends.

Of the cast, Larry and Patrick had the most clout. Even after the embarrassing "dream season," when Patrick returned, he'd earned even more control. Patrick also treated me well, and always seemed amused when I'd get tongue-tied around him. As I said, I worked with him again on that awful Suzanne Somers show. Now, THAT lady is impossible.

I owe a lot to people like Larry, Patrick and Linda who liked me and were kind and supportive early on even though, initially, my job was among the lowest. Another one who was very influential and kind was Elizabeth Montgomery with whom I regularly worked for the few years before her untimely death. Because of Miss Montgomery, I got the job at Lorimar (her partner, later husband, Robert Foxworth was on Falcon Crest) and was also able to go to Warner Brothers where I spent years on shows like ER, Wings, Third Rock from the Sun, Friends, Frasier, etc. Positions on those shows afforded me connections which allowed me to achieve my ultimate goals. Sure, I had to start with grunt work, and while some treated me poorly, those who were generous made it worthwhile.

To answer your question, I never worked on Knots. They wanted me to stay on Dallas, and, I was thrilled to do it. That they wanted me back for the reunion movies meant a lot, so much so that I took a leave from Warner Brothers to do them.

Yes, Larry was a drunk. He could be very difficult, though not as difficult as the stories I'd heard from his IDOJ days. His family was loving and free and open, from what I saw. Different. Not abusive as has been suggested here. Not from what I saw. He treated me with respect and kindness even though, as I said, I was a nobody when I started.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2016 4:37 PM

I'll share one last anecdote. When I was brought on to Dallas, I had initially been slated for Falcon Crest which was dying and a lost cause. Lorimar assigned me, instead, to Dallas. The day I was first on set, I was told not to mention I Dream of Jeannie to Larry. But, being nervous and young, that's the first thing I did. There was a lighting issue as I was introduced to Larry, and fixing it was taking too long for Larry's liking. Like a moron, I said, "too bad Jeannie's not here to fix this with a blink." I knew it was stupid, it went in slow motion and I wished I could grab the words and shove them back in my throat. Larry looked at me sternly, and said. "That's just bullshit, son." At a loss, I replied, "Bullshit maybe, but, wouldn't it be terribly convenient?" He looked at me for what seemed to be an eternity, and, then, laughed loudly. "You've got balls, boy. That took balls. Either that or you're stupid. Is your hair that color because your brain's rusted out, boy? Are you stupid?" I replied, "No, Mr. Hagman. I'm not stupid. I'm too much of a smart alec to be stupid." I was sweating bullets, knew I was making an ass of myself, figured I'd never work again, but, he laughed again. "You're all right, little fella. What's your name, Rusty?" I reminded him of my name, and though he knew it, he called me "Rusty" for as long as I knew him. He'd usually greet me with, "Hey, it's Rusty Boy. Make me laugh, son."

There were plenty of egos and manufactured strife, but, I still remember those days fondly and marvel at the exquisitely good luck that I managed to survive it when the odds were so infrequently against me.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2016 4:42 PM

r52 Barbara Eden got plenty of mileage, and went way past her expiration date, by trashing Larry for years after IDOJ was over with.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2016 4:47 PM

God how I lusted after Hagman during his Jeannie days. My definition of a hot daddy.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2016 4:50 PM

I certainly not want to be naked in front of my family and I sure as hell wouldn't want to see my parents or siblings

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2016 4:59 PM

Larry's son is eye-fucking his sister while giving Larry a handy under the water.

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2016 5:44 PM

[R51] loving these stories! little off topic but since you brought it up, tell us about Suzanne Somers! lol that show was truly awful but I loved it. a guilty pleasure

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2016 6:05 PM

Somers was just disingenuous, insincere and phony. She put on a sweet voice and manner while she was demanding unreasonable treatment, she lied to everyone about everything and liked to stir the pot. The cast seemed to like her, even though she talked behind each actors back. We on the crew and in the production offices loathed her for her diva behavior and falseness. I can't even remember any one specific moment. She was just generally unpleasant. Whenever I see her, I think "that lying whore." She'd lie about the simplest things. Lies for no reason other than to create drama and make sure no one ever forgot she was there and oh-so important. She's also hideous in person. Like a trout in false eyelashes and a nasty doll-hair wig.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2016 6:17 PM

Thanks, r52! This is the stuff you can't get anywhere except Datalounge. And, yes, PLEASE tell us about Suzanne!

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2016 6:17 PM

The son really looks like his Grandma Mary in that pic!

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2016 6:25 PM

Thanks for the insider gossip R10, etc. Can you tell us anything about Victoria Principal, Steve Kanaly, Charlene Tilton, and Priscilla Presley? Were they all pretty easy to get along with?

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2016 6:31 PM

R10 were you on camera? Are you Sasha Mitchell

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2016 6:38 PM

I enjoyed Larry Hagman on Dallas, but adored him in the Dallas reboot. He was like an old, old warlock. I cried when he died.

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2016 6:45 PM

Charlene was before my time, except for a rare guest spot. She was not well-liked. Victoria was gone by the time I was there, too. She also had no fans on the crew or in production. Larry spoke ill of her. Patrick and Linda were more politic. Susan and Steve were sweethearts. I had limited interaction with Priscilla, but, I don't recall anyone ever having an issue with her aside from having to wait for her to come out of hair and makeup.

No, r42. I am not Sasha Mitchell. Thank God. What a mess he was, My position was behind the camera, though I was occasionally grabbed and placed in scenes when an under-five or extra fucked up and a man was needed at the last minute.

R63, I cried when he died, too.

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2016 6:47 PM

R51, thanks for your post! Any stories at all from the sets of Third Rock from the Sun, Friends?

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2016 7:46 PM

Not to sound mean, but that lady from the Step by Step show looks like a whore.

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2016 7:49 PM

Sure, r65. We are getting to a point where I'll have to log off for a few hours. But, I'll come back tomorrow.

R66, it's not mean if it's true.

More later.

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2016 7:52 PM

Any thoughts on Howard Keel, r10?

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2016 7:59 PM

Fathers and sons naked together is no big deal. Mothers and sons naked together is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2016 8:01 PM

Why did they get rid of that little boy on Step by Step? Did they think we wouldn't notice?

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2016 8:03 PM

Is this true? LH was a real shit to the actor that played Mickey Trotter because he was queer.

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2016 8:08 PM

Larry seems to have an eye for the only attractive one in the bunch...........

by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2016 8:11 PM

Dack Rambo?

by Anonymousreply 73May 24, 2016 8:32 PM

Nice to hear that Linda Gray was kind. I never got a diva vibe from her. She always seemed so nice. Glad that you confirmed it. Plus she looks amazing. Back in her Dallas days I always thought she looked older but she has not aged a day since.

by Anonymousreply 74May 24, 2016 8:51 PM

R10 - tell me your drink of choice and cuddle up next to me.

Dish, dish, dish!

by Anonymousreply 75May 24, 2016 8:51 PM

I figured it was really all about getting Barbara Bel Geddes back on the show, but poor Donna Reed! She deserved better in her last years.

by Anonymousreply 76May 24, 2016 9:23 PM

R10 (aka Rusty) we'd love to hear more about Dack Rambo (for obvious reasons), and I wouldn't mind any stories you have about SS and women from the SbS days. Because, hey, gay is gay, and I'll take any dish I can get.

Looking forward to your return.

by Anonymousreply 77May 24, 2016 10:41 PM

See you tomorrow, R10! Thanks for all the stories

by Anonymousreply 78May 24, 2016 10:45 PM

If Sasha Mitchell was such a mess, who was he banging for Lorimar to hire him both for Dallas and SbyS?

by Anonymousreply 79May 24, 2016 11:08 PM

Pat Duffy

by Anonymousreply 80May 24, 2016 11:09 PM

R10, etc., back. I have a few minutes. If I run out of time, I'll come back later or tomorrow. My current project is running long and my days of being able to just hang out are long over.

Sasha Mitchell: I found him to be angry, confused and just generally vacuous. He was, however, not without talent and, at the time, was very attractive. He had fans within the office who encouraged him and maintained employment for reason which were unknown to me. His personal and relationship issued became a problem on the awful Suzanne Somers show, but, people with more power than I had at the time covered for him. I have theories as to why, but, speculation would be unfair on my part.

Dack Rambo: I came to Dallas after he had been dismissed. However, I knew him socially. Incredibly handsome man who always had a wild look in his eyes which I found intimidating. He was a nice guy. He frightened me a bit because he was soooo intense. That wild look was due to a combination of things. I'd not say specifically that drugs were involved, but, coke was everywhere and I knew many guys whose wild eyes were attributable to that. My boyfriend at the time was among them. He was treated badly at Dallas, that much I know.

R71, let me address the issue of the treatment of gays in general. The office and network did treat gay actors poorly. Many actors lost careers because of it. It was an issue on Dallas as well. Homosexuality was to be covered at all costs and many lost their lives to the closet. Nonetheless, it was not so much of an issue on set. If you were gay, no one much cared on set or socially. It was the producers and network who were assholes about it. I lost a good relationship because of it and saw someone I cared about deeply nearly ruined by it.

I was out. Everyone knew I was gay. I was dating an actor from another CBS show and it was common knowledge on set. Larry, Patrick, Steve and others would even ask me about my boyfriend and never acted like it was a big deal. I'd have chats with Linda about him and sought her advice. I never got treated differently for it. I knew well enough to not say anything in front of the higher-up people. But, even they knew I was gay and continued to promote me. But, it didn't matter for those of us behind the camera. It was hell for people in the public eye. I broke up with my actor boyfriend because of his having to remain in the closet. He was integral to his show and forced to keep his personal life quiet. Drugs were his only outlet. It didn't go well. No, I won't name him, but, he has been discussed here over the years.

Unfortunately, while actors are freer to be out today, that mentality is still pervasive and homophobia is still rampant for actors. I can't say it's hurt my career, but, I've had many friends who lost their own careers and some who even died for it.

Howard Keel: A fine old gent. Friendly, but, distant. I always got a queer undertone from him.

And, now, I've got to go. I'll address SbS and other shows another time. Thanks for your questions and for being respectful.

by Anonymousreply 81May 25, 2016 4:13 PM

Rusty, it's a pleasure to have you here. Come back any time :)

by Anonymousreply 82May 25, 2016 4:21 PM

More, more

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2016 4:55 PM

Rusty, are you saying that coke was everywhere on sets in the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2016 7:03 PM

Rusty, there's another thread going about a former young actor on a series who is battling an addiction due to being molested as a child while working on a series. If I remember correctly, he wasn't the only young(er) male on the show molested (by production, not the man playing his father) and when he told the actress playing his mother she responded, "Well, you wanted to be on TV."

The actor playing his father was, however getting it on with one or more of the younger actresses playing his daughter(s).

Some here have guessed Step By Step, which seems to fit if you consider the cunt actress playing the kid's Mom would have been Suzanne. For years, there has been a rumor that Duffy knocked up a young actress with whom he was working - which fits the young actor's story - and your perplexity as to why Sasha was retained for so long could also be construed as someone higher up having "fancied" him, repeatedly.

BC was guessed to be the poor kid who left the business, still troubled these years later.

Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2016 8:16 PM

Please let's not take this thread away from its topic, girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2016 9:23 PM

R84, yes. Up through the 90s, it was everywhere. Not in bowls in the vestibule like holy water, but, easy to find. It ruined many a good career.

R85, I'm not sure how to respond about all of that. I can address some of it.

The rumors about Patrick and a younger cast member have been going around since the mid-90s. They are not true--to my knowledge. It was not a happy set, but, that bit about Patrick is not founded in fact.

Sorry to be vague about the next bit.

I'm not comfortable discussing Brandon Call. I don't know what went on behind closed doors and to publicly speculate would be wrong. Brandon was a tragic case. He had a promising career. Everything changed with him after his shooting. The implication of the post at r85 is some mighty good sleuthing and such a response from Suzanne would not be out of the realm of possibility, but, to confirm or deny would be inappropriate because I only know what I gleaned from others while Inwas there, and, later when I had happily accepted a post on another series. I'm sorry to be vague.

R70, I can't comment as to the reason Josh Byrne was released from his contract. I wasn't still with the show at the time it moved to CBS as I'd been poached by another series a couple of seasons before. I was not surprised by the news. There was housecleaning with the network change. His release was not unexpected.

R86 is the thread police and doesn't want to get away from the silly topic of that photo which is of no consequence. Since this "girl"--thanks for that, BTW--doesn't want to get scolded again, no more from me...

Thanks to those who were interested and pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2016 9:38 PM

Is rusty gonna need a tissue?

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2016 9:49 PM

And this is why no one posts anything here.

by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2016 9:54 PM

I remember reading years ago that on the set of one of Dick Van Dyke’s television appearances (late 70s/early 80s?) the director was choreographing a scene (you go here, then move there, and so on) and when action was called a young actor purposely fell over a chair. Dick and the entire crew laughed as it was a send-up of the classic intro of the old DvD Show where Rob Petrie falls over the ottoman.

Now, why on earth would Larry Hagman react so negatively, at first, to Rusty making a simple quip like "too bad Jeannie's not here to fix this with a blink." It’s so funny and absolutely harmless. And, the ability to come up with such a witty line on the spot is a sign of intelligence not stupidity.

Larry’s “you’ve got balls, boy,” seems so defensive. Does it take balls to tell a joke to a big star?! I guess so.

Balls would be to ask, “Mr. Hagman can I wipe down your forehead? Your head must be awfully hot under these lights, what with that cowboy hat and pasted on hairpiece and all.”

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2016 10:32 PM

Who Shot J.R.'s sense of humor?

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2016 10:40 PM

I always thought that Linda Gray had such great sex appeal that it's too bad she never had a feature film career. I think she would've been fabulous. She reminds me of Jessica Lange a bit.

by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2016 10:42 PM

[quote]Who Shot J.R.'s sense of humor?

Momma Mary Martin, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2016 10:46 PM

R52

That anecdote was priceless. Things like that are why I love this viper pit.

Larry, Linda and Patrick were apparently bonded for life. Weren't both of them with him shortly before he died?

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2016 11:17 PM

Any thoughts on Barbara Bel Geddes , Rusty ? She left the show in 1984 due to wanting more money not health reasons and the producers showed her the door. What about Leonard Katzman disliking Victoria and other cast members not liking her besides Larry? They thought they could do without her when she left in 1987 and I think lowballed her with only a modest raise when she was willing to stay one more season. Then they came begged her to return in 88 she told them hell no. Katzman, Hagman and Duffy really destroyed the show with their egos and salaries.

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Rusty come on over to the thread where the whole SbS situation is being discussed. Start by reading r15 (there not here), as that's the confession of the kid who got molested on the set by a producer whom we now believe to be Josh Byrne - not BrsndonCall! It's someone who was a cute 10-year-old when he started, then started growing and getting fat and was leet go the last year. All his other perpetrators or predators were not from SbS. He ado thought a fellow child actor who was playing his brother got abused and another actor from somewhere else got abused - along with him - by an outside of SbS actor who eventually got arrested (reason unmentioned).

Read more there. Here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2016 11:33 PM

[quote][R86] is the thread police and doesn't want to get away from the silly topic of that photo which is of no consequence. Since this "girl"--thanks for that, BTW--doesn't want to get scolded again, no more from me...

Oh come on. Take a chill pill. It was a joke (although it really WOULD be nice not to deviate too far away from the thread topic). Are you always this touchy, Rusty? My goodness. Are you sure Larry's reaction to your joke was as initially salty as you made it out to be, or was it just you? By the way, "girl" was also said in jest, and was not specifically directed towards you.

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2016 1:09 AM

Totally agree, R97.

'Rusty' comes off as a raw nerve who was looking for the first chance to be offended and flounce.

That makes me question his bonafides since he pulled that shit just as the questions were getting good...

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2016 1:11 AM

^^Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2016 1:13 AM

Relax, r97, I was joking right back. Just being sarcastic. And I've not gone anywhere. I'm working. Who's overreacting now? Do I need to put a wink? ;)

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2016 1:13 AM

Is Rusty still in the navy?

by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2016 1:16 AM

Rusty is my new favorite poster. Genuine, fascinating gossip. Please, please tell me what you can about Friends, namely the rumor that Valerie Cherish is thinly-based on Bruce Springsteen's famous dancing partner.

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2016 1:24 AM

I guess someone sent the lawyers in to attack and discredit Rusty, so he'll stop posting. Not surprised pedophiles thrive in an industry that uses so many intimidation tactics to shut people up.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2016 1:27 AM

R102, I've never heard that about Miss Cox but it's delicious if true.

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2016 1:27 AM

R96, I've been watching that thread and have nothing more to add to it. I do have theories, but, as I said, it would be speculation. I can only repeat that Patrick Duffy, as I knew him, was not the type to knock up a costar. The man I knew, despite having a randy sense of humor, wasn't someone to take advantage of a starlet. I didn't watch him 24 hours a day, so, that's just based on what I saw.

R95, Katzman was a huge tool. He was among those who weren't so kind to me as I mentioned above without naming him specifically. You're right, he was a reason that Victoria left, and the offer to return was insulting. He's the reason for Linda's departure, too. As I said, the initial refusal to let her direct was a blow to her. That was only partially rectified later, and there's still resentment. You're partially correct about Barbara Bel Geddes. Her health truly was a consideration in her temporary departure. That wasn't just bunk for the press. She was held in high regard by the cast, and, during her absence, a sort of mystique developed around her, like a legend led by Larry leading to her almost seeming sanctified.

Yes, Katzman was a total dick. Homophobic, misogynistic, crooked and cruel. Still, he was not the worst I've known, but, that's a horror story I can't share even though it would give me great glee.

I can address some Friends and other NBC show stuff later if we finish at a decent hour or tomorrow, though, I don't truly want to hijack this thread. That was not my goal.

I apologize to those who thought I was being bitchy and flouncing. I'm a dry sort of person and sometimes it doesn't translate to text. Dry...rusty. A connection, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 105May 26, 2016 1:34 AM

Are your pubes copper or gray?

Any on set/lot gloryholes?

Praytell

by Anonymousreply 106May 26, 2016 1:42 AM

R105, I know you don't feel comfortable discussing Brandon Call, but can you give us some sort of hint of how he changed after that very strange shooting?

by Anonymousreply 107May 26, 2016 1:46 AM

R105, feel free to hijack this thread all you want. Your contributions are VERY welcome.

by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2016 1:47 AM

And these people are famous why?

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2016 1:52 AM

[quote] feel free to hijack this thread all you want.

I don't think so. If you want a Gossip From The Sets of Various TV Shows, then go make your own thread.

by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2016 1:53 AM

So I guess Larry and Patrick did not vouch for Linda as a director? Surely they had the power to make it happen if they wanted it?

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2016 1:53 AM

I grew up in California in the 70s and 80s. I spent a lot of time nude in hot tubs and at nude beaches as a kid. No one ever tried anything sexual. It's more comfortable to be nude in the water and more hygienic, fabric traps bacteria close to your skin. At around eight I developed a sense of modesty and started wearing swim suits even at the nude beaches.

by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2016 1:55 AM

Perhaps the photos were taken for their own private use? It's kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2016 1:58 AM

R106, I never saw any glory holes. That's what trailers, dressing rooms, catwalks, property storage and honey wagons are for. That I do know.

My pubes are black, not that it's vital to the topic. I was always grateful not to have red pubes. My head hair is still thick and auburn, but darker than it was, though I've begun to see gray in the temples.

R107, forgive me, but, I'd rather not discuss Brandon. It's not my place. I'm happy to discuss lighter things and my own experiences with people and shows, but, all I know of Brandon after 1996 was not learned by my direct observation.

R109...they're famous because people cared about them once, and some still do.

Look, I'm not flouncing, but, the side discussion seems to be bothering someone or many. If there are threads where I can be of help, I'll post. I'm certainly not going to start a new thread for myself, and don't want to be the focus of any thread. This one should remain for critiquing this photo and debating its appropriateness. I apologize to the OP. I initially posted my knowledge of Mr. Hagman and tried to answer questions asked.

I mean that. I'm not being a dick. There's a topic here and an intention behind it and I sincerely don't want to intrude.

by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2016 1:59 AM

R110, how much more could be possibly said about a single photo that hasn't already been addressed within the first hundred posts of this thread?

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Ok boys! To satisfy everyone, I will create a thread with the title that R110 proposed. Everything that Rusty can dish about his experiences on set can be placed there. Get those questions ready!!

by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2016 2:04 AM

Indeed R3 Hagman also was into taking LSD or did so at least once.

by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2016 2:07 AM

R117-

Off topic, but an LSD trip in 1993 radically altered my life, in a positive way.

by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2016 2:21 AM

Were these photos taken for a magazine or something? And who took them?

by Anonymousreply 119May 26, 2016 3:09 AM

I was trying to figure that out myself. Maybe they're outtakes from a set of photos that were to be used for an article about Hagman.

by Anonymousreply 120May 26, 2016 3:18 AM

Did you start a new thread R116, and if so could you post a link to it?

by Anonymousreply 121May 26, 2016 3:22 AM

I have Mary Martin's autobiography from 1984 with a photo of the whole family The cute guy/kid is Hagman's son, Preston. I saw Hagman's wife, Mai, in person in 1985. Preston and Mai look much younger than I remember them, so it was taken in the 1970s.

Mai is suffering from dementia...not sure if she is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 122May 26, 2016 3:23 AM

Here's the link, R121...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 26, 2016 3:26 AM

The Bottoms(perfect name) family did the nekkid in the hot tub thing also. I remember seeing a photo of them years ago and being turned on by the hot young Bottoms brothers while at the same time horrified by the family all nekkid together.

by Anonymousreply 124May 26, 2016 3:36 AM

R124 who are the Bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2016 3:49 AM

Three actor brothers, Sam, Joseph, and Timothy. They were popular in the 70s-80s. I don't recall if their parents were in the acting biz or not.

by Anonymousreply 126May 26, 2016 3:55 AM

R118 how did LSD do that for you? Did you regularly take it, or was it just something you did once in awhile? I've taken it 11X and the first time was a high dose experience which changed my life and was a spiritual experience, the other 10 experiences were low/moderate doses and enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 127May 26, 2016 9:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2016 1:59 AM

Growing up with a drunken dad who wears a pimpy fur coat and an anything-goes Swedish mom. Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2016 2:36 AM

So she did LSD with him, too. I guess Larry was certainly a "cool dad."

And Dennis Hopper tried to fuck her in the same Jacuzzi. If those walls could talk...

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2016 3:15 AM

Larry Hagman's Mom, Mary Martin, was one the biggest Broadway stars in the history of the theater. Mary Martin was the star of many shows, including "South Pacific," "Peter Pan" and "The Sound of Music." For many years, Larry was famous mostly for being Martin's son. Martin was only 17 when Larry was born and her career came first.

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2016 3:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 27, 2016 3:42 AM

R127

It was a fairly high dose. 1.5 hits? I was a teen novice, but it radically changed my perception of connectedness. The end was wretched, so I never touched it again, although I did mushrooms 5-6x recreationally. It has been at least 10 years.

The change in perception came down to some prior "inconsistencies" I had with my global POV.

We often see "the other" as a monolithic entity, without valid feelings or emotions or desires or prejudices or wants and needs, and cast ourselves with an appositive false individuality based on our membership in the "non-other" group.

Here's an example- how many vociferously anti-war Democrats did you know 2001-2009, begging the gods for an indictment of Bush for war crimes? How many of those anti-war Democrats now defend Obama's continuation of those wars?

If you believe that every person has agency to act, and responsibility for those actions, the monolithic "Us" vs. "Them" illusion disappears, and politics begin to look like a demented version of Mordor on the Potomac.

That was my hallucinogenic Damascus road conversion.

by Anonymousreply 133May 27, 2016 3:46 AM

Brava! R133

by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2016 3:51 AM

Barbara Eden said he urinated in her face when she forgot her lines.

by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2016 1:32 PM

Rusty @ r105 - would love to hear your point of view in the appropriate thread (the one about the molested child actors), even if it's just speculation. You can precede it by saying it's just speculation and you don't have to ID yourself.

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2016 1:50 PM

I'm sorry, the post above should be signed r96

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2016 1:52 PM

R135. No she didn't. He urinated on the set, but, she wasn't there.

I don't like the continued insinuations that he was a molester. There's a lot of that on here lately. While there were certainly molesters in the industry, and, sadly, continue to be, not every man in entertainment is a molester. I say this as someone who was raped repeatedly as a four year old boy. We can't accuse randomly because it weakens the real claims.

by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2016 4:07 PM

R138:

The man's dying words were to his own daughter:

'Please forgive me'

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2016 4:10 PM

R139, you can't imagine ANY OTHER REASON why a father would apologize to a daughter on his death bed? None at all? Really. Not because he was a neglectful drunk or self-centered or not as attentive as he should have been? Not for making any other bad choices in life?

You're a woman, I take it.

Really. All right. Think what you want. But, as the fervor and finger-pointing and witch-hunting continue, people who really are being molested are being ignored and their molesters are getting away with it. I'd rather focus my energy on helping those who have truly suffered than looking for people who might, possibly, maybe, could have been molesters. Fight the real molesters instead of looking for specious reasons to accuse everyone.

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2016 4:17 PM

R140:

You are the hysterical one searching for any other explanation than the most obvious.

If the apology was for being a drink and a shitty father, why not include the son as well?

I take it you suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

Get some help, cunty...

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2016 4:20 PM

Oh, r141, what a warrior for justice you are. Sensitive to the plight of the abused. I'm glad to have your diagnosis, Doctor. You're a true humanitarian, fighting for poor, abused kids.

If you can't see the error in your logic than you are more fucked up than I could ever be. Yes, I endured being molested. And, yes, dear heart, I'm getting help so I can live without paranoia. Thank you for thinking of me. I try to live without being afraid. It's a better way to live, for me at least. Clearly not for you. Yes, I've been getting help. I have been for decades. I'll tell you this, I'm more self aware and realistic about this issue than you will ever be. When I undress I have the scars to remind me of how serious an issue this is. Scars on my body--40 years later. Souvenirs from the men who hurt me. I hate the scars almost as much as I hate those men who hurt me. I am more aware of the suffering that goes on with this than I'd like to be. Yet, I carry on with life without accusing every man with a penis as being as vile as the three guys that raped a young boy, me, repeatedly, beat him and cut their initials into his body. Stockholm Syndrome, indeed! Injustice in ALL ways makes me angry. Yet, despite what I've survived, I can walk down the street without hunting for a murderer and a rapist in every shadow. My conscience is clear. I don't see evil in all things. People like Mr. Hagman have all kinds of faults, and even some good. Not every apology is for incest or child-rape.

But, thanks for your empathy. You have proven yourself to be a true champion of children and victims of abuse. How proud you must be. I'm truly certain as to the nature of your character. Meanwhile, continue your witch hunt for possible, could-be, maybe molesters--which was the point of this thread in the first place because someone read an article or a blind item and decided this was the thing about which she'd obsess to make sure all this Devils in entertainment suffer.

I don't need to create something tawdry out of every situation. I know real evil and what it can do. I also know it's not in everything and everyone. So, enjoy your hand-rubbing, your whispers and your rage at those who you've decided are guilty because you connect 2 and 2 as 22. I leave you with this and your aspie, out of touch glee. Meanwhile those of us who have suffered, who actually have a reason to be angry, will try to do something of value in the real world!

Now, get ready to answer with your sparkling wit. Maybe, "tl;dr." That's always funny and pithy, plus it'll show how understanding and sympathetic you are. You know, for the children...

I won't be here to read it.

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2016 4:49 PM

You got me, R142!

I cower in fear every day worried I will be molested by the ghost of JR Ewing!

Despite this affliction, I manage to carry on without living 40 years as the 4yo who was spit roasted by Vic Tayback & Bob Crane...

Do you fondle your scars while thinking of Vic?

Are you shaking that ass of yours to make sure everyone who's still listening to your speeches don't fall out of their chairs from all the groaning and eye rolling?

Pretending to be a victim as a means to achieve a certain bonafides in defending molesters is a new low, even for an attention whore such as you...

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2016 4:59 PM

Girls, GIRLS! You're BOTH insufferable cunts.

Now back to the Hagman clan in the pool.

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2016 10:25 PM

I wonder if Hagman had a pendulous shlong or a teeny weeny peeny. He was so hot back in the day, so it really wouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2016 10:46 PM

I've been catching beaucoup Jeannie re-runs on cable, and not only was I surprised at how agile and physical he was with the comedy (back flips, pratfalls, etc.), but I also noticed that he had a killer body with thick, muscular legs and a taut butt.

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2016 10:48 PM

In the declining years of Dallas, did the cast openly complain about the scripts or did they just cash the paychecks?

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2016 11:20 PM

R22.. I'm curious about the other actors in the waning days of Dallas, especially Sheree J. Wilson, Kim Foster and Sacha Mitchell. The best actress was the woman who played Callie, Jr's young wife. I always wondered why she never went further with her talent. By the way, did you meet Brad Pitt and Christine Taylor on the set? They made their big debuts there. PS I loved the actress who played Donna Krebs. Great presence.

by Anonymousreply 148May 27, 2016 11:26 PM

No Kenny Kercheval dish?

by Anonymousreply 149May 27, 2016 11:28 PM

Mary Martin was very well off, especially from "The Sound of Music" movie rights. Anyone know who got all the money. Her daughter Heller is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 150May 28, 2016 12:08 AM

Does she wear pink tights?

by Anonymousreply 151May 28, 2016 12:10 AM

Links to the Bottoms and Carradine family nude photos?

by Anonymousreply 152May 28, 2016 12:12 AM

I know Barbara was married to hottie Michael Ansara back during the IDOJ days, but I wonder if Hagman ever put the moves on her. She was smoking hot back then.

by Anonymousreply 153May 28, 2016 12:14 AM

Naked is nothing. A lot of families have no shame in their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 154May 28, 2016 1:01 AM

It's hard to imagine a loving mother, much less Mary Martin, naming their baby daughter Heller.

by Anonymousreply 155May 28, 2016 1:20 AM

R155 what's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 156May 28, 2016 1:37 AM

R150 how did Martin benefit from THE SOUND OF MUSIC film? She only originated the role on Broadway (and won the Tony!). Rather, it was Julie Andrews in the movie and who got rich as a result.

by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2016 1:41 AM

Mary Martin owned the rights to Maria Von Trapp's story for both stage and film. She sold the film rights to 20th Century Fox.

by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2016 5:30 AM

So she got one check for it that's it

by Anonymousreply 159May 28, 2016 11:16 AM

I am not sure how the deal with 20th Century Fox was structured, but she was getting a percent of sales of the soundtrack album of "The Sound of Music" for many years. She also owned the rights to her musical version of "Peter Pan."

Her manager husband handled the money;

by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2016 12:27 PM

re: upthread--eden would be eating catfood if she didn't get asked to talk about that awful Bewitched knockoff and Hagman. That and her forgettable starlet days getting leered at by Desi Arnaz. Not much there, but it keeps her in plastic surgeons.

Interesting about the cult of Bel Geddes. Given that she'd been doing tv since the 50s and this was a prime time soap, rather than a prestige vehicle, it all seems kind of silly, but I guess that's Hollywood. As for Hagman and his "standards", it's not like Mary Martin was Geraldine Page or Julie Harris, now there were heavy weight stage actresses.

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2016 1:20 PM

God, I hate when you get some good gossip and someone who's a good sport about sharing it, and a few typical DL cunts have to shit all over the poster and the gossip. If you don't like it, then fuck off. DL used to be about fun, now it's just racists and bigots taking dumps on everyone.

by Anonymousreply 162May 28, 2016 1:56 PM

I was with you, R162, until you started your "racists and bigots" rants. Unfortunately, I had already WWed you while reading your first sentence.

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2016 2:47 PM

The McNichol family did a similar hottub shot in an US magazine years ago ... can't find the pic, but it was in this issue:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2016 2:55 PM

Jimmy McNichol is very cute on that Us cover. I used to think he always came across as a snotty prick without even trying.

by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2016 6:25 PM

Bel Geddes was the original star of "Cat On a Hot Tin" roof on Btoadway."

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2016 7:48 PM

Please respond to the following poll:

1. I am a millennial and I think anyone naked is "ewww" or "gross" 2. I am not a millennial

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2016 7:53 PM

I would have fucked Hagman during his Jeannie days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2016 8:09 PM

Was Larry wearing a toupee throughout the Dallas years?

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2016 10:20 PM

I would so loved to have seen Jimmy McNichol naked in a hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2016 10:23 PM

Is it true that Hagman and Mary Martin weren't close until later in life? I think I read that they had a contentious relationship and at one point were estranged.

by Anonymousreply 171May 28, 2016 10:29 PM

OP, that's a hot tub, not a sauna.

by Anonymousreply 172May 28, 2016 10:36 PM

Hagman was raised by his grandma in Texas while Mary attempted stardom in Hollywood in the 1930s and then achieved genuine stardom on Broadway in the 1940s. Mother and son were not close until he became an adult and an actor himself and could forgive her and understand her better.

by Anonymousreply 173May 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Hagman talking about his mom at her Kennedy Center honor in 1989, a year before her death. (The full tribute down below, but I cut to the part at the end when he appears.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 28, 2016 10:46 PM

[quote]OP, that's a hot tub, not a sauna.

Hey, I was only going by the wording under the photo on Getty.

by Anonymousreply 175May 28, 2016 10:57 PM

r170, I remember you could see the soles of his feet, and he was playing with his Dad's toes or something. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 176May 29, 2016 4:29 AM

Larry was hardly the only person who detested Mary's second husband, Richard Halliday.

by Anonymousreply 177May 30, 2016 6:24 PM

R177 what was wrong with Richard?

by Anonymousreply 178May 30, 2016 7:03 PM

Why is it a criminal act for Stephen Collins to expose himself to young girls but perfectly okay for Larry Hagman and other nudists to do the same?

by Anonymousreply 179May 30, 2016 9:05 PM

Because unlike Stephen Collins, Larry Hagman didn't jack off his hard cock in a 13 year-olds face and cum all over her. There's a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 180May 30, 2016 9:08 PM

It was the seventies. People were more lax then. It was post-sexual revolution and sex/nudity wasn't that taboo. Lots of gratuitous nudity in movies, including children (see PRETTY BABY), and they even published children's books with photographs of nude kids (e.g. SHOW ME, WHAT IS A BOY? WHAT IS A GIRL?).

by Anonymousreply 181May 30, 2016 9:11 PM

R181 =streaker at 1974 academy awards

by Anonymousreply 182May 30, 2016 9:15 PM

R182 did they get into hot water with the FCC like they did in 2004 after "Nipplegate"?

by Anonymousreply 183May 30, 2016 9:17 PM

R180, that wasn't what was reported and you know it!

The truth is bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 184May 30, 2016 9:23 PM

R180 I think you're confusing the situation with Honey Boo Boo's older sister and her molester, who was her mother's boyfriend. He jerked off on her face and rubbed it in. You may be confused, because the allegations against Collins and Mama June's boyfriend (and Bill Cosby, for htat matter) happened on the same month (October 2014).

by Anonymousreply 185May 30, 2016 9:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 1, 2016 8:30 PM

"Hey dad, how does my pussy look today? Mom thinks I should trim it a little, what do you think?"

by Anonymousreply 187June 1, 2016 9:07 PM

[quote]The cute guy/kid is Hagman's son, Preston.

How old is Preston in the OP's photo?

by Anonymousreply 188June 1, 2016 9:28 PM

Requesting a size report on Larry and the son.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 189June 1, 2016 9:35 PM

Larry should have gotten a Best Supporting Actor for Harry and Tonto.

He was really moving in that part. "I'm on my ass, dad!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 1, 2016 10:50 PM

How very odd that OP posted that only a week or two before the book dropped.

by Anonymousreply 191June 1, 2016 11:16 PM

Larry was a hippie, plain and simple. He just had a really great job. Eden didn't bad mouth Hagman in her book, she adored him, she just told stories of his peculiarities. She did tell the story of how she was walking back to her dressing room and she heard shouting and it turned out Hagman was urinating in a potted plant on set and he was being reprimanded, and it wasn't because he was mad or anything, he just had to go and the the plant was there. Just a few years before his death I got to meet him, Eden, Duffy and Linda Gray at Chiller the autograph show in New Jersey and they were all in the same room and having a great time. They were all still friends and toured the country doing these shows and hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 192June 2, 2016 1:06 AM

Larry must not have been particularly close to his half sister, Heller Halliday. No mention at all so far.

Also wedding photos from 1983 identify Hagman's daughter as Heid Hagman..

by Anonymousreply 193June 2, 2016 2:11 AM

[quote]Larry Hagman didn't jack off his hard cock

This made me horny.

by Anonymousreply 194June 2, 2016 2:48 AM

Good read, R186.

by Anonymousreply 195June 2, 2016 2:59 AM

Great father!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 2, 2016 3:00 AM

Thanks Rusty. Please ignore the boors.

You mentioned Elizabeth Montgomery - one of my favourite actresses. Any fond memories of her would be greatly appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 197June 2, 2016 4:15 AM

So do you think Hagman ever took it up the pooper?

by Anonymousreply 198June 2, 2016 2:04 PM

Dack's delicious bulge should've gotten its own separate billing.

by Anonymousreply 199June 2, 2016 4:53 PM

[quote]So do you think Hagman ever took it up the pooper?

It wouldn't shock me.

by Anonymousreply 200June 2, 2016 5:50 PM

Did Hagman even have an anus?

by Anonymousreply 201June 2, 2016 6:11 PM

Howcome we see the daughter's ass but not the son's?

by Anonymousreply 202June 2, 2016 6:22 PM

What was the situation involving Brandon Call getting capped? Was it really a traffic dispute? Drug deal gone awry???

by Anonymousreply 203June 2, 2016 6:32 PM

[quote]Howcome we see the daughter's ass but not the son's?

How old is the son?

by Anonymousreply 204June 2, 2016 7:38 PM

[quote] And is it normal for a family to be hot tubbing in the buff with each other?

Of course it is, OP.

by Anonymousreply 205June 2, 2016 7:40 PM

Did RD Call have anything to do with rubbing out Brandon Call?

by Anonymousreply 206June 2, 2016 7:49 PM

Pic of Preston Hagman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 3, 2016 2:31 AM

Eldergays, I never watched Dallas as I was too young at the time but I've heard so much about it that I am tempted to check it out.

It played for over a decade, I believe.

If I started at Season 1 how far should I go before it jumped the shark?

by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2016 2:43 AM

r208, I think DALLAS should have ended with Bobby's death when Patrick Duffy left the show at the end of season 8. It would have been a perfect closure - the show began with Bobby returning home to Southfork with new bride Pam and should have ended when he died, remarrying Pam on his deathbed. So I would say the first eight seasons are enjoyable watching. The nefarious dream season(year 9) had some good story for the ladies of the show (Gray, Principal, Bel Geddes, even Susan Howard), but derailed halfway through and was a complete mess by the end; they salvaged the show by bringing Duffy back and wiping the slate clean with the ridiculous dream gimmick, which was truly the most definitive jump the shark moment for any show since the Fonz started the whole phenomenon. Although they had a pretty good season with year 10 by presenting more traditional DALLAS-storylines (the Jenna-Bobby-Pam triangle in particular), the show had reached its zenith and was ready for the slaughterhouse. One by one, most of the principal cast members - Principal, Gray, Bel Geddes, Howard and Kanaly - all jumped ship, leaving Hagman and Duffy to stubbornly beat a dead horse for the remaining seasons. Blonde bimbos peopled the cast, Susan Lucci played an international terrorist ... by the time they brought Barbara Eden on to play a Venezuelan oil magnate who took over Ewing Oil, the show was simply a sad joke.

So I would recommend watching 1-8 (with season 9 for a lark).

by Anonymousreply 209June 3, 2016 4:10 AM

^ Thanks very much. I will take your advice.

by Anonymousreply 210June 3, 2016 4:55 AM

Were Larry and Bill Daley friends post IDOJ? Daley seemed like he was nerdy but a horn dog when he appeared on Match Game.

by Anonymousreply 211June 3, 2016 4:58 AM

I love Rusty. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 212June 3, 2016 4:58 AM

His daughter calls them her dad's lovers with specifying their gender.

by Anonymousreply 213June 3, 2016 5:33 AM

R213 whose daughter?

by Anonymousreply 214June 3, 2016 5:37 AM

Only in America is this strange for most of the world is it normal.

by Anonymousreply 215June 3, 2016 6:21 AM

R10 is a nut job. Frau fiction.

Larry was good friends with Keith Moon. Keith's GF and Larry's wife were both Swedish and the wives became close friends. Larry threw Keith in the car and drove him to the hospital a few times when he ODd. Like everyone else, Hagman tiredof Moon's craziness, but he and his wife felt sorry for Moon's gf, Annette.

by Anonymousreply 216June 3, 2016 2:49 PM

I remember being totally shocked at how different he looked in Harry & Tonto. He'd gone to pot very quickly after looking so gorgeous in I Dream of Jeannie. Must have been the booze.

by Anonymousreply 217June 3, 2016 4:33 PM

R217 I know, right? I DREAM OF JEANNIE ended in 1970, and HARRY & TONTO came out in 1974. In just four years, his looks changed dramatically.

Then again, looks can change drastically in one year. A few years ago, there was this guy at my gym, who was a hardcore gym bunny, and it showed. But then I stopped seeing him around. Fast forward a little over a year later, and I ran into him wobbling out and about town. I was shocked. He'd gotten quite heavy (e.g. gut, love handles, moobs, double chin). He said that he got injured trying to jump over the porch stair railing during a cookout, misjudged the height, and ended up fracturing his hip. He could still walk on it (though he was using the aid of a cane), but he said his life had gotten sedentary, since he couldn't do anything strenuous. I think he even said he needed a hip replacement. At any rate, his looks were shot to hell in just one year.

by Anonymousreply 218June 3, 2016 4:50 PM

R215 = the continental

by Anonymousreply 219June 3, 2016 5:48 PM

No man should be able to freely look at his teenaged daughter's vagina.

by Anonymousreply 220June 3, 2016 6:00 PM

[quote]Did Hagman even have an anus?

Of course. How else would he have taken a shit?

by Anonymousreply 221June 3, 2016 6:00 PM

R220 the vagina wouldn't be visible. That would be the vulva.

by Anonymousreply 222June 3, 2016 6:02 PM

R221 some of us don't do anything as base as that.

by Anonymousreply 223June 3, 2016 6:02 PM

Timothy Patrick Murphy was gay. Did he have it easy on the set? He claimed to have had an affair with Brad Davis. Is that how he got AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 224June 3, 2016 7:46 PM

R224, I read Brad Davis as Bette Davis in your last sentence. Maybe she was Patient Zero.

by Anonymousreply 225June 3, 2016 7:55 PM

I sense that Hagman gave Murphy grief because he was by all accounts a queeny acting kid and that rubbed Hagman the wrong way. With Rambo I think it was just that he was groomed as Duffy's "replacement" and Hagman wasn't having any of that even though it had been Duffy's choice to leave. Rambo being well known for being a promiscuous gay man probably didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 226June 3, 2016 9:32 PM

Were there any rumors about sexual chemistry between Dack and Steve Kanaly?

by Anonymousreply 227June 3, 2016 9:40 PM

[quote]Only in America is this strange for most of the world is it normal.

True.

It's not really a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 228June 3, 2016 9:42 PM

I doubt it, R227. Rambo was apparently only interested in gorgeous young models and go go boys.

by Anonymousreply 229June 3, 2016 10:37 PM

r215/r228, tell me what parts of the Middle East this is normal ... or the Commonwealth? I think you may be thinking Sweden ... maybe Holland ... hardly the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 230June 4, 2016 1:39 AM

This is only normal for perverts.

by Anonymousreply 231June 4, 2016 1:57 AM

This is only abnormal for people who are projecting their own perverted fantasies that they can't face onto a single photograph.

by Anonymousreply 232June 4, 2016 2:02 AM

R232 likes ogling his daddy's schlong.

by Anonymousreply 233June 4, 2016 2:05 AM

That's YOUR projection, R233.

by Anonymousreply 234June 4, 2016 2:06 AM

Malibu sin is a special kind of sin

by Anonymousreply 235June 4, 2016 2:07 AM

[quote]That's YOUR projection, [R233].

Pervert!!!!

by Anonymousreply 236June 4, 2016 2:12 AM

Tee hee, r234 really got you, r233 - classic example of projection.

by Anonymousreply 237June 4, 2016 4:46 AM

PERVS!!

by Anonymousreply 238June 4, 2016 4:44 PM

Hagman probably had low-hangers.

by Anonymousreply 239June 4, 2016 4:44 PM

My Neighbor Totoro - Dad gets daughters to laugh away their fear of a scary storm. A very sweet scene, but I am sure it will cause some of the prudes here to go into convulsions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 14, 2016 2:32 AM

I read Larry's daughter's book today. Sad. He drank way too much until the end and cheated. Since Mary Martin's mom raised both Mary and her son, Larry, the daughter emphasized their perhaps natural inclinations to allow their respective spouses to run their lives. Mary and Larry did what they wanted, and if they were caught, they blamed the other person in the marriage.

Mary;s husband seems to be a natural villan anyway, but Larry's wife, Mai, was not.

by Anonymousreply 241July 3, 2016 1:49 AM

Love your posts and insider info, Rusty. Please don't let the bitches turn you off; they are exhausting but I hate the idea of letting them win somehow.

My story is nowhere near as exciting but it is a part of the Hagman story -- the final chapter, in fact. Like you, I acted on "Dallas", only I did the TNT reboot in 2012. It's not as sexy to report as fights and drugs but that was the happiest set on which I ever worked. Everyone from makeup to every teamster was in a great mood and nobody had a bad word to say about anyone, including/especially Hagman. Maybe he knew his time was coming and he wanted to repair any past bad behavior but they all adored him. And it was cool that he got to be reunited with so many of his old gang -- which not having to carry the whole show. (Cast and crew loved the younger cast members just as much, by the way: Josh Henderson and Jordana Brewster and Jesse Metcalf. And the one I worked with could not have been nicer -- and I got to know a minor 'Who Killed J.R.' plot point secret early because of which actor I had worked with. Odd nobody even cared to make us sign Confidentiality agreements, which is ridiculously standard these days).

Hagman died pretty soon after the season I worked on was wrapped. The show continued on for a few more but never really became "watercooler TV". More the TNT thing, I bet, than the show itself. Who can watch all of these channels and keep up with the content?

by Anonymousreply 242July 3, 2016 2:22 AM

TV's Lar fucking Hagman

by Anonymousreply 243July 3, 2016 7:56 PM

Cool HRT

by Anonymousreply 244July 4, 2016 2:20 AM

Larry Hagman was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 245September 5, 2019 10:48 PM

This was a fun thread. I still want to see the son naked.

by Anonymousreply 246September 5, 2019 10:51 PM

I can't believe this was a thing back then.

by Anonymousreply 247September 5, 2019 11:09 PM

FF R16

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 248September 5, 2019 11:29 PM

Well, I've missed HRT, and now I guess I'll miss Rusty. Oh well, a little on-set Hollywood gossip here and there is the best DL can do, before it all gets fraught with emotion and people disappear. I shall enjoy it while I can.

by Anonymousreply 249September 5, 2019 11:50 PM

What was Hagman's cock size?

by Anonymousreply 250September 6, 2019 12:33 PM

R2, it’s normal in Scandinavia countries

by Anonymousreply 251September 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Nastyish

by Anonymousreply 252March 27, 2021 12:04 PM

R13, Years ago, LOOK Magazine published a two page photo of the entire Bottoms family(Timothy, Sam, etc.) all with their backs to the camera, pants down and bare asses exposed.

by Anonymousreply 253March 27, 2021 12:14 PM

R7, Larry never would have done that in the presence of his gay stepfather, Richard Halliday, who he despised.

by Anonymousreply 254March 27, 2021 12:19 PM

The water passes from his ass to her ass to his ass to her ass without ever knowing if they are naked.

by Anonymousreply 255March 27, 2021 12:22 PM

Rusty, wasn’t Lorimar one of the more factory like production companies? Everyone I knew who worked there complained a lot. I know two of the founders were married to each other, which usually makes business more complicated. The woman was a former actress who played the high school reunion organizer on the MTM Show. I always pictured her running around Lorimar asking people to take off their shoes.

by Anonymousreply 256March 27, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote] No man should be able to freely look at his teenaged daughter's vagina

Mind your own business peasant.

by Anonymousreply 257March 27, 2021 2:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 27, 2021 2:39 PM

Speaking of the Bottoms brother actors, I have a specific memory of watching an episode of either 'Merv Griffin' or 'Mike Douglas' in the 1970s where Deborah Kerr was a guest. Then Joseph Bottoms came on as a guest, and he was coming on to Deborah so blatantly that he might as well have been driving a truck toward her. I think Michael Douglas was also a guest.

by Anonymousreply 259March 27, 2021 4:54 PM

I remember a Mike Douglas Show when George Carlin was his co-host for the week and Lana Turner was a guest.

George was in his ponytail/beard/t-shirt phase and apparently Lana was repulsed by him.

She would not shake his hand when she came out and she sat with her back to him during her interview with Mike.

At one point, George tried to interject a comment and Lana turned and looked at him like he was a pile of warm feces, ignoring his comment and him.

by Anonymousreply 260March 27, 2021 6:20 PM

You Americans are so uptight. Big freaking deal!

by Anonymousreply 261March 27, 2021 10:24 PM

I wonder what would have happened to him if he had passed on the Dallas role? Just a faded 60s icon living modestly off his mother?

by Anonymousreply 262March 27, 2021 11:24 PM

Super weird for us. Totally normal in Nordic countries. But hey, in LA it's totally normal for Persian moms and sisters to grab their son's/brother's penis and call it "little mister"...different cultures.

by Anonymousreply 263March 27, 2021 11:28 PM

Barbara Eden was very candid in her autobiography about what an asshole Larry was during the "I Dream of Jeannie" years.

He felt sitcoms were beneath him, yet he returned to television with two more that failed, "The Good Life" in 1971 with Donna Mills and "Here We Go Again" in 1973 with Diane Baker.

by Anonymousreply 264March 28, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] Super weird for us. Totally normal in Nordic countries. But hey, in LA it's totally normal for Persian moms and sisters to grab their son's/brother's penis and call it "little mister"...different cultures.

What? As an adult or as a kid? And grab it through jeans or...?

by Anonymousreply 265June 28, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote] I wonder what would have happened to him if he had passed on the Dallas role? Just a faded 60s icon living modestly off his mother?

That would have left him in a financial pickle once his mother died.

by Anonymousreply 266June 28, 2021 10:10 PM

Lol.. Larry was crazy in his day.

by Anonymousreply 267June 28, 2021 11:41 PM

Whatever happened to Rusty?

This is a great thread.

I forgot about Brandon Call's shooting. Such a bizarre story. He was likable and funny on Step by Step, and I don't think he did anything after that. I remember reading about the shooting and it's quite a chilling story, not just the shooting itself but the perpetrator actually followed Call, from what I remember.

I've never heard Duffy knocking up any female co-star. He seems to be universally liked by both Dallas and Step by Step alumni.

by Anonymousreply 268November 28, 2022 6:20 AM

Oh, my...so that's what it was like to be a Hagman. Glad I was born into my shitty family after all.

by Anonymousreply 269November 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Mary was a dyke.

LINE!

by Anonymousreply 270November 28, 2022 6:31 AM

For family town, we go sow-na.

by Anonymousreply 271November 28, 2022 6:37 AM

Time***

by Anonymousreply 272November 28, 2022 6:37 AM

[quote]R131 Larry Hagman's Mom, Mary Martin, was one the biggest Broadway stars in the history of the theater. Mary Martin was the star of many shows, including "South Pacific," "Peter Pan" and "The Sound of Music." For many years, Larry was famous mostly for being Martin's son. Martin was only 17 when Larry was born and her career came first.

She was also reportedly a lezzie lou who slammed clams long term with Janet Gaynor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 28, 2022 7:06 AM

[quote]r220 No man should be able to freely look at his teenaged daughter's vagina.

Right! Make them PAY!

by Anonymousreply 274November 28, 2022 7:26 AM

Don't know if it was addressed or not but Larrys wife MaJ had alzheimers and was too far gone to even know who he was years before Larry died. She might still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 275November 28, 2022 7:37 AM

She might be still alive, R275, if she hadn't died in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 276November 28, 2022 7:44 AM

Lol, well its not something I'd do with my kids, but I've read that communal bathing can strengthen family bonds. They should have taken the photo when the Daughter was in the tub though. Larry Hagman had a devastating smile. I'd like to see a photo of him out of that tub too.

by Anonymousreply 277November 28, 2022 8:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!