Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good Bones on HGTV- boring fraufest marathon on HGTV this morning

For the love of god, put this show out of its misery. A mother-daughter team of home flippers engage in moronic banter and attempt to come across as clever. Worst of all -it takes place in Indianapolis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2021 5:14 PM

I think they work for free. HGTV quality is really in the basement right now.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2016 10:08 PM

Do we have any DLers temporarily stranded in Indiana?

Perhaps they could "take care" of those two for us, it would be a public service.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2016 10:24 PM

The daughter is a strapping farm girl and the prissy mother likes to wear sleeveless shirts to show off her bat wings.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2016 10:56 PM

Do they country-cottage and shabby-chic everything? I suspect/fear that they do...

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2016 11:04 PM

I watched a couple of episodes out of sheer boredom . By the second one I devoutly wished one of those shithole houses they buy would collapse on them .

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2016 11:07 PM

Yeah, it looks like Joanna Gaine's interiors.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2016 11:08 PM

I've been enjoying them, and the younger brother too, red-neck cute. I'll take them over the property brothers any day.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2016 11:10 PM

HGTV is total shit these days. It was so much better in the early 2000's and had so many different programs instead of what seems like five now.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2016 11:19 PM

HGTV was even better in the 1990's

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2016 11:22 PM

And the men were hot - now it's like 1 am in a bar

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2016 11:27 PM

The Food Network used to be better too, now it's all Fieri all the time. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2016 11:56 PM

Fieri is flug too. And his recipes will get you fat and dead.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2016 12:42 AM

Guy Fieri's son is such a budding queen.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2016 12:45 AM

I'm somewhat grateful to this show. Because that means that much less property brothers and Love it or List it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2016 12:57 AM

HGTV runs these shows because they think we will bond with the families who host these shows.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2016 1:14 AM

We prefer guys like Scott, Carter - men that are hot and can fix things.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2016 1:46 AM

The worst on Food Network is Farm House Rules. Where did they find that fat piece of shit? Her food looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2016 1:57 AM

Does anyone know why exactly HGTV only has about 5 shows now? It seems like a pretty popular network and the shows they used to have couldn't have been too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2016 2:21 AM

r18 budget cuts to increase profitability management is destroying the channel

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2016 3:01 AM

Soon it will be reruns of haunted house shows from other channels.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2016 3:03 AM

I watched a couple of their shows today. I was mortified.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2016 3:05 AM

Don't give them any ideas, r20!

OP, those two you mentioned are an instant click for me.

I miss the HGTV that showed a variety of decorating shows every day. I hate the block programming where you are screwed for most of the day if you aren't a fan of the particular show that is being rerun for the whole fucking day.

The only HGTV shows I still watch are House Hunters and International House Hunters, and the beachfront variations, and Flip or Flop. I like the matter-of-factness of the latter show, and the LA area setting. I liked Fixer Upper initially but it got old real fast.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2016 3:20 AM

[quote] I liked Fixer Upper initially but it got old real fast.

Too much Chip, too much ship lap.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2016 3:23 AM

I told my (older) frau next door neighbor that I did not like the show....she seemed offended. Later, I realized why: she is just like the mother. Seriously, the show is so one note- how many times can the "girls" mention the demo crew, consisting of their son/brother, are like a bull in a china cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2016 1:59 PM

They do a great job renovating but the daughter's design taste is suspect. You better like grey, lots of grey, walls of grey, tiles of grey. She's very trendy with permanent things like tile and floors and has anyone actually said they want an entire kitchen with butcher block countertops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 19, 2020 10:11 PM

I know both women--the mother better than the daughter. The mother is harmless but goofy as hell. One of mom's ex-husbands, the father of the younger woman, is also as goofy as they come. The way the mother behaves on TV is just the same as she behaves in real life. Actually, she may be better on TV.

by Anonymousreply 26September 19, 2020 11:08 PM

R25, those is some ugly after photos! What's with the same Dark Shadows light fixtures in every room with grey walls and wallpaper accents.

No way in hell would I hire women to design my house. Good God!

by Anonymousreply 27September 19, 2020 11:28 PM

We’re just drowning in flyover television these days. It’s time to cut the cord. The Duggar’s return was the last straw!

by Anonymousreply 28September 19, 2020 11:30 PM

R25 The furniture layout in that photo is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2020 1:00 AM

You have to see where thy put a bed sticking out of a corner with low windows on both sides so anyone walking buy could see your face sleeping. Don't know if this picture will show up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2020 10:25 AM

Mina is so beautiful. I love red hair and freckles and she has a lovely smile.

Karen, on the other hand, seems to always be self-consciously performing her "quirkiness". Every once in a while she has a good idea for some sort of decorative planter, or whatever, but most of the time she seems like she really craves attention for being crafty and whimsical.

by Anonymousreply 31September 21, 2020 1:25 AM

Their properties always look like they are in a neighborhood where I wouldn't feel safe walking to the mailbox.

by Anonymousreply 32September 21, 2020 12:20 PM

R30, that bedroom is on the 2nd floor.

by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2020 12:56 PM

Please give some credit to individuals such as this team that are going into neighborhoods that have reached a bottom and work on bringing life back. As a country, we need to stop the sprawl and continued tax $ being spent on new infrastructure while leaving the inner city rot. It is far cheaper to rebuild, rennovate and improve the inner city that to pay the costs to build new roads, sewer, water, utilities, schools in a urban cookie cutter neighborhood.

For those that are making fun of the "fly over" areas....your arrogance is what caused these blue collar Democrats to become Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2020 1:02 PM

A show originating in Indianapolis is there first mistake. Makes dull, boosterish Columbus Ohio seem like Paris by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2020 1:34 PM

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2020 1:36 PM

I really only watch Erin and Ben now and they are on hiatus. I miss Divine Design and the little eldergay who did a his and hers decorating show.

Does anyone remember a show with Courtney Cox where she would decorate homes by mixing and matching his and hers stuff when they moved in together?

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2020 1:51 PM

Karen is who makes the show with her loving aura. Mina was able to pull herself up by her bootstraps and is a good role model for women.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2020 1:51 PM

An ExFrauaganza of middling choices

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2021 4:23 PM

I love them. Have watched many a marathon of their shows. Kind, loving people who improve communities.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2021 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!