Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite Charlie's Angels

TV and Movies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Kate was the smart one I really like.

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2016 7:06 AM

When I was a kid Kate Jackson was my favorite. After learning that she's not the nicest girl around I honestly don't know who to vote for now. Oh hell, now I accidentally voted for Shelley Hack. Damn you, Synaptics trackpad drivers.

I really liked all the new Angels from the film (except Demiii) but I'm too nostalgic to think any of them is the best.

BTW, you do remember that there was a reboot on tv few years ago with Minka Kelly and others?

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2016 7:06 AM

R2 How was Kate not the nicest girl ?

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2016 7:09 AM

R3, there've been rumors from various sets that she's a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2016 7:18 AM

I liked all of the Angels on the original show except for Shelley Hack. I think Kate and Cheryl were the MVP's for the show, though. The two best actresses (back then) and seemed the most natural in the detective work.

Didn't care for the movies, although there are much worse movies based on TV shows.

The less said about the charmless TV remake, the better.

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2016 7:32 AM

Hardly anyone knows or remembers the TV remake

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2016 3:01 PM

Lucy Liu Slayed! She kept focused and on mission while her two friends were distracted by boys and feelings of incompetence. Plus, there wasn't enough butt kicking, but hers was the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2016 3:14 PM

My Top Three

1 Jaclyn Smith - the lady 2 Farrah Fawcett - the pinup 3 Kate Jackson - the tough broad

When Fawcett left, the chemistry between the Angels just wasn't the same.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2016 3:18 PM

Cheryl Ladd is a right-wing fundamentalist Christian, and homophobe. She's appeared on Pat Robertson's show numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2016 3:20 PM

R4 Bullshit. Jaclyn Smith and Farrah loved her.

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2016 3:21 PM

No ginger tea, no glucosamine shade, but of course all the old DL queens are going to support the TV show (which these days no one would bother paying - via dvd or iTunes - to watch). Most tv shows from the 70s fail to hold up.

Say what you will about the overstuffed movie sequel, I thought the three leads had great chemistry and this scene from the first movie is still fab. Work, Lucy Liu, work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2016 3:25 PM

Cameron was the fun one in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2016 4:36 PM

R9 Just because she's a Christian (and I don't care for most of them) doesn't automatically mean she's a homophobe. Are they any stories of her being homophobic to anyone? Didn't think so...

R11 I was born during the shows original run and got into when it was airing on TNT in the 90s, and I much prefer the TV show. It's still being shown on TV and being offered on ITunes so people are obviously still watching and even paying for the show.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2016 7:44 PM

Then: Jaclyn, Cheryl, Farrah

Now: Kate, the turtleneck queen

Soft spot for Tanya

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2016 7:49 PM

If she appeared on Pat Robertson's show, r13....

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2016 7:50 PM

Damn you, OP! I feel like a frau having to choose her favorite child.

Still, great poll.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2016 7:52 PM

I hiss when Shelley Hack lumbers across my screen.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2016 7:54 PM

I thought Tanya was beautiful then

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2016 7:57 PM

She not only did Charlie's Angels, she hawked Charlie perfume

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2016 7:58 PM

Shelley Hack's only good moments came from the episode where Kelly and Tiffany go undercover as hookers. The scene of Shelley/Tiffany twirling her purse around and tough talking the pimp always makes me laugh out loud. Those scenes start at 2:50 into the youtube clip linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2016 8:15 PM

R13 You didn't wait for my answer to reach your fat little ears.

She had been scheduled to be interviewed by Frank DeCaro, before she knew who he was. Her rep contacted the show and said she didn't do 'that kind of show';, and Decaro said it was clearly meant to be a slam at a 'fag'. So yeah, homophobe, ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2016 2:14 AM

No votes for Drew. Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2016 12:18 PM

I also had a soft spot for Tanya Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Tanya Roberts is gorgeous no matter what hair color but I think if they had made her a blond in Charlie's Angels the show would have lasted a couple of more years.

She's especially stunning as a blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2016 2:35 PM

Tanya Roberts had a sweet pussy.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2016 2:37 PM

Minka Kelly

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2016 2:51 PM

Farrah Fawcett IS Charlie's Angels

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2016 7:27 PM

R21 So you're saying she's a homophobic for canceling a appearance on a gay mans show, who's listeners are probably mainly gay men, because Cheryl seen that promoting her book about being a woman golfer on such a show would be a total waste of time? BTW, her people said it didn't fit her demographic she was reaching for, and it's true. Now if she had canceled if it had something to do with Charlie's Angels or something else with gay appeal, then perhaps then there would be something to labeling her that.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2016 12:17 AM

[quote]Farrah Fawcett IS Charlie's Angels

Correction....

Farrah's HAIR is Charlie's Angels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2016 7:25 AM

THIS will always mean "Charlie's Angels" to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2016 7:27 AM

I don't think it's even POSSIBLE for Jaclyn to look casual,dressed down or everyday....even in jeans and a plain white tee she looks like she's wearing a Halston gown.

That face is just SO expensive looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2016 7:33 AM

Kate Jackson was my favorite, but I have to admit that Jaclyn Smith was the sexy one, much better looking than Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2016 7:46 AM

None of them are actresses, so the only fun Angels game to play is which one was the prettiest, and of course, that was Jaclyn Smith.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2016 8:24 AM

But Jaclyn was the boring Angel.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Tanya Roberts followed closely by Cheryl Ladd. I much preferred the replacements to the original cast. Jaclyn always looked like a cold fish especially in later seasons. You could practically hear her hissing at Shelley and Tanya.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2016 2:15 PM

Jaclyn IS the number One Angel. From to the end of the series and appeared in one of the movies. Sure Kelly Garrett had some of the most ridiculous storylines and dialogue in TV history but she did everything with style and class. She was the most loyal to Charles Townsend and it showed.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2016 2:28 PM

R21, Cheryl's publicist is gay. I doubt she's a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Kate played a great bitch in the episode where Sabrina and Bosley go undercover at a home for unwed mothers wanting to adopt a baby; the people who ran the home were without souls, but they were scared by Sabrina's bitchy facade; 'I want that baby, John; see that I get it."

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2016 2:58 PM

Kate seemed like such a lez.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2016 3:11 PM

Kate Jackson was the Robert Reed of the show - she would bitch about scripts like you would think she thought she was taking on Shakespeare.

I never f---King get these people: you accepted a lot of money to be the face of a bubblegum show. You realize that your fancy Actor's studio training is not of use here, correct?

Apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2016 5:00 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2016 3:11 AM

I really like Kate, R40, but you're 100% correct.

Don't sign up for the money and then bitch about the content.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2016 5:34 AM

Kare and Farrah neck and neck in poll.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2016 5:40 AM

^*Kate

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2016 5:40 AM

this reunion moment was pretty special

it took the audience by surprise; I love how Kevin Bacon is smiling and Charlie Sheen was being, well, Charlie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2016 4:40 AM

To be fair, at the time she was on CA she was flying with some pretty exclusive company, she was dating Dustin Hoffman, was friends with Jane Foda and Marcia Strassman and was first choice for the female lead in Kramer vs. Kramer, so it's no wonder she fought for the integrity of the show.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2016 9:30 AM

of course, Kate would; I can't find the clip, but she was heartbreaking in 'Angel In Love' in which Sabrina fell for a bad boy.

they gave her a dad and an ex, too, but they faded after a few shows.

by Anonymousreply 47May 27, 2016 10:48 PM

R46 Marcia Strassman!!! Well then, no wonder she thought she was the sh*t...

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2016 1:53 AM

Tanya Roberts was such a piece of trash. Did you see that B.J.'s Wholesale Club cheap ass treadmill they had her on during the introduction of the show? Embarrassing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2016 3:30 AM

I thought Shelley Hack was the most glamorous. That's why she was hired. Then they spent her whole time there trying to tart her up and turn her into a California girl. Even crimping her fucking hair for a few episodes. She just SCREAMED East Coast and didn't fit in. She belonged in Central Park, or on 5th Avenue, going to an opera, and never being caught dead living in Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2016 3:38 AM

Cheryl and Jackly looked great in this kind of shot. Hack looked ridiculous and out of place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 28, 2016 3:44 AM

As beautiful as Shelley was she was just never going to be a Charlie's Angels type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 28, 2016 3:46 AM

Agreed on Shelley never being believable as a former police officer or detective. She didn't have the sex appeal that Farrah, Jaclyn, Cheryl and Tanya had nor was she a good actress like Kate. Johnny Carson joked back then that she said had no T or A.

Tanya had a tough edge was at least believable getting physical and would blow someone away if need be. She (like Kate) did some of her stunts.

R51 They used a pic from that photo shoot for the Season 4 DVD cover, but they photo shopped out the very obvious camel toes. Too funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 28, 2016 7:27 AM

Shelley Hack wouldn't make a believable anything because she was a terrible actress, not because she was too 'classy', Smith's looks were far more elegant and refined than Hack's and she did okay, also Smith wasn't much of a thespian herself, but again she was better than the incredibly wooden Hack.

by Anonymousreply 54May 28, 2016 9:44 AM

R54 Yes, she was very wooden. She was so bad in her first episode they had to cut a bunch of her lines. She was also a bitch to the crew. Nolan Miller (who was a big cheerleader for her early on and played a big part in her being hired) flat out said on some Fox special about CA that she was a bitch.

She didn't have many fans when the show initially aired, but has a small but very vocal fanbase these days. Who defend her tirelessly on various sites and vote for her in all CA related polls. However they can't change the fact that she played a large part in the shows demise. Ratings dropped 40% in season 4 and many had given up on the show before season 5 started.

There was an early episode of "King of the Hill" where Hank is watching TV and Charlie's Angels comes on and he says "Damn, it's a Shelley Hack! That's like gettin' a Shemp!" and switches off the TV.

by Anonymousreply 55May 28, 2016 11:40 PM

I'm only a half hearted Shelley Hack troll because I love her look. Probably much like many of the producers in Hollywood did. So many tried to make her happen. Even after Charlie's Angels. I believe she had FIVE TV series written, piloted, and aired with her as the female lead after Charlie's Angels. Plus countless TV movies and small parts in movies. Anyone who says she had no experience acting before Charlie's Angels is dead wrong. They were trying to make her happen for a long time. They just couldn't seem to get the message that as a model who didn't have to speak she was great in commercial in print. She just wasn't an actress. I guess so many of the powers that be thought they could be the ones to pull it out of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 28, 2016 11:49 PM

Shelley's first modeling picture right out of high school . . . now as a Shelley Hack troll I think my work on this thread is done. Thank you for your patience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 28, 2016 11:56 PM

Hack was cast on the second season of "Night Court" but quit (some rumors said she was fired) very quickly. I'm not sure how much she taped, but no footage of her on the show ever aired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 29, 2016 12:29 AM

I think it's hilarious t hat Hack's being called a 'bad actress' given her co-stars were Jacllyn Smith and Cheryl Ladd and some of the crappiest scripts ever to air on television.

The show's ratings dropped because Kate left. She spun shit into gold on some of those scripts and even got two Emmy nominations playing Sabrina.

The writers established Tiffany was east coast ("the other, in Boston") but they didn't do much to tailor dialogue or reactions or stories to Tiffany's origins; the first season's writers gave Sabrina an ex and a dad; Kelly was an orphan and in season two we learned Jill had a sister.

I kept waiting for Hack to be given something to do -- that took a while; I think it was the episode where she went to visit a friend (Robin Mattson?) and started having psychic powers; (too bad those came and went in one show esp. since Tiffany was a private eye.)

I thought she was fine in the part -- and I'm a big Jackson fan; fame and success are fleeting and can be lightning in a bottle. I read in a CA book that when it came time for Farrah to do her court ordered final two guest spots, the show was so disinterested that they didn't even bother to enforce them. Farrah's returns had done nada for the ratings so they thought why bother?

by Anonymousreply 59June 3, 2016 5:07 PM

Smith and Ladd could go glamour too but it's ironic Hack wasn't given more to do in the Ray Milland/Patrick Duffy episode that had Kelly possibly finding her father; Milland's character had tons of money and Hack would have fit in well with that world.

by Anonymousreply 60June 3, 2016 5:14 PM

I wonder how tall Hack is. I always thought Smith was tall but in pictures of them together Hack looks a good six inches taller than Smith.

by Anonymousreply 61June 3, 2016 5:21 PM

Sabrina was #1 by a mile...I don't care how bitchy or nutso Kate Jackson is in real life. She was actually an actress rather than a model, unlike all the others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 3, 2016 5:39 PM

No Charlie's Angels thread would be complete without a visit from DL fave Margo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 3, 2016 6:22 PM

fuck...... I loved Shelley Hack as Tiffany Wells. When I was a little boy I used to pretend I was Tiffany all the time.

by Anonymousreply 64June 3, 2016 6:38 PM

Kate brought The Method to titty TV.

by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2016 6:56 PM

R64: bless your little gay heart.

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2016 6:59 PM

I liked Shelley Hack except for that weird hair bump she had for the first half of the season. She looked much better with her hair straightened.

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2016 7:12 PM

I thought Tiffany Wells was classy. I hated Sabrina Duncan because she was so lez.

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2016 7:22 PM

Jaclyn is my favorite. She was the epitome of the cool beauty, but there was an underlying sweetness to her that made her even more radiant. Like a poster upthread wrote, you could dress her down and she still looked like she was wearing designer clothes. It was difficult to make that woman look bad. I'm with you R30. That clip of her flipping her hair from the opening credits is the image I get when I think of Charlie's Angels.

Just in the past month with different groups of friends, this subject came up and the most popular angel was Jaclyn by a mile. My second favorite was probably Kate Jackson because she was the best actress of the bunch, which I know isn't saying much. She was basically fired from Charlie's Angels for being such a huge bitch to everyone. Stories at the time made it seem like her choice to leave, but I've since read that she was pretty much fired because the producers chose not to renew her contract. The joke was ultimately on them as her leaving was the beginning of the end for the show.

A close third was Cheryl Ladd. Replacing Farrah was seemingly impossible, but Cheryl fit in despite Kate giving her the cold shoulder. The chemistry of the three still worked onscreen as it had in the first season with Farrah. When Shelly Hack came on, it threw the chemistry off. I think Kate was the glue that held the show together.

Poor Tanya Roberts. She was absolutely gorgeous but a dreadful actress. She made the wooden Shelly Hack look like an Oscar winner. Shelly was ok but there was no way she could replace Kate/Sabrina. Sabrina was the smart angel. I think, too, the writing, which was never strong, went completely off the rails that fourth season. They always had Shelly split up from the other two. There wasn't enough for them to do as a group.

In the films Drew Barrymore as Dylan is my favorite. Then Lucy, then Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2016 7:37 PM

Did they pic Shelley because all of America already knew her as the Charlie girl? That had to be one of the most successful ad campaigns of all time. She got paid unprecedented and ghastly huge amounts for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2016 11:13 PM

as long as she didn't have to talk she was golden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2016 11:15 PM

R70 Yes, that was why she was picked. Nolan Miller, the costume designer was a big fan of hers because he thought she wore clothes so well. He was a huge cheerleader for her and convinced Aaron Spelling she should be hired because of the Charlie Ad was familiar to many at the time. However both seen it was a bad idea after she started taping. She was stiff actress and became a pain, Miller said she soon became very difficult and complained about everything. He also hated Kate Jackson who he said was also very difficult and only wanted to wear turtleneck sweaters.

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2016 11:41 PM

I saw the first movie but prefer the TV series. My favorites are Jaclyn, Cheryl, Shelley and Tanya.

by Anonymousreply 73June 4, 2016 2:58 PM

Shelly Hack always looked like she was in need of a good hot oil treatment, it's hard to look classy when your split-ends are always off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 74June 4, 2016 3:15 PM

That's what I said R74...instead of letting her keep her east coast style they were doing thing like fuckinign crimping her hair. Itwas a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 75June 4, 2016 3:26 PM

I liked Shelley Hack in the 2nd half of her season.

by Anonymousreply 76June 4, 2016 3:49 PM

Tanya Roberts might not have been the best actress on CA. I do know that she played Julie Rogers to the T.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 4, 2016 4:02 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 78June 4, 2016 4:10 PM

Tonya Roberts always sounded like she had post-nasal drip something fierce.

by Anonymousreply 79June 4, 2016 5:00 PM

Tonya Roberts was also one of the worst Bond girls ever.

by Anonymousreply 80June 4, 2016 5:04 PM

But amazng in The Beast Master!

by Anonymousreply 81June 4, 2016 5:06 PM

Even as a child I understood Bosley enjoyed being castrated by the angels.

by Anonymousreply 82June 4, 2016 5:11 PM

Tanya sounded like she was at a pack a day by the time she was three.

by Anonymousreply 83June 4, 2016 5:14 PM

Tanya did end up doing softcore films for years until That 70's Show came along and resurrected her career .

by Anonymousreply 84June 4, 2016 6:16 PM

All the originals, of course..... Kelly Garrett, then Jill Munroe, then Sabrina Duncan.

by Anonymousreply 85June 4, 2016 6:37 PM

The blond one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 4, 2016 6:40 PM

OP. I didn't even bother to see the movie. Forget that shit.

by Anonymousreply 87June 4, 2016 6:43 PM

Those male angels look shady as hell. The female angels at least had auras of kindness

by Anonymousreply 88June 4, 2016 6:47 PM

Hack had some really bad hair don'ts over the years. At times her hair looked like cotton candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 4, 2016 8:18 PM

They should have hired a blacktress to replace kate. I thought Jayne Kennedy would have been cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 4, 2016 8:26 PM

Or Bern adette Stanis would've been good, as well.

by Anonymousreply 91June 4, 2016 8:33 PM

Aaron Spelling's shows were never very racially diverse. Jayne was once considered to be an Angel, as was Shari Belafonte. Jayne was told she was too tall.

by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2016 8:34 PM

Belafonte would have been way to dykey

by Anonymousreply 93June 4, 2016 8:37 PM

The ratings actually increased when Cheryl came on.

My favorite episode was Kelly going undercover as an unwed mom to be and Sabrina and Bosley come on and Kate plays Sabrina as a TOTAL bitch; "I want that baby, John; see that I get it."

She made a fucking CHOICE to play her undercover character as a BITCH; I never saw any of the other Angels combined even TRY to make a choice like that or do ANYTHING interesting.

It's interesting that Jackson didn't like Ladd because in that same episode Kris shots and kills John Larkin's character (aka Willie Loomis on Dark Shadows) and she's in shock and Sabrina gently takes the gun away and supports Kris.

by Anonymousreply 94June 4, 2016 8:42 PM

I meant John Karlen, not John Larkin.

by Anonymousreply 95June 4, 2016 8:47 PM

That was an early episode, r94. You don't see them in too many scenes (just the two of them) after that.

by Anonymousreply 96June 4, 2016 8:49 PM

'Angel Baby' was season 2, episode 9.

I know they shot the ice capades Angel two parter first (after Kris was already introduced) and then they shot the Hawaii stuff (when they were first meeting Kris).

Making Kris Jill's sister was smart; Tiffany's dad was an old friend of Charlie's, but once Julie rolled arouidn they didn't even care; I think the season 5 CA intro is ripe for a Family Guy spoof; 'once upon a time there were three little girls, two went to the police academy, the other a top school for models....anyway, later, after two of the angels didn't work out...'

by Anonymousreply 97June 4, 2016 9:24 PM

I think they knew after the big drop in the ratings in season 4 that season 5 would be the last. It was to surpass the 100 episode standard to get a good syndication deal. Jaclyn (who was totally over the show, and it was very obvious in season 4 and especially season 5 and totally phoned it in) had announced prior to season 5 that it was going to be her last year on the show, so they would've had to go through the long process in finding a new Angel. They were considering bringing back Farrah full time (whose career at that point was tanking), but her guest spots didn't even cause a blip in her season 4 appearances, so don't think it would've worked. So they canceled the show midseason and aired the last 4 episodes in June.

by Anonymousreply 98June 4, 2016 9:56 PM

What R67 wrote — verbatim.

by Anonymousreply 99June 4, 2016 10:19 PM

A dead serious, VFX free but glamorous reboot could work. The Wire meets Wella Balsam

by Anonymousreply 100June 4, 2016 10:20 PM

*scowl*

*grimace*

by Anonymousreply 101June 4, 2016 10:22 PM

I doubt they'll ever try another reboot. The attempt in 1988 was so bad it never aired (Tea Leoni was one of the new Angels) and the 2011 attempt was cancelled very quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 4, 2016 10:26 PM

The male angels, or "Toni's Boys", headed by Barbara Stanwyck as Antonia Blake, made Charlie's Angels look bad. They were hired to protect the Angels, and as the Angels tried to ditch their male counterparts, the boys outsmarted the girls at every turn, and in the end, the Angels had to be rescued by them. So much for female empowerment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2016 11:08 PM

Was this the show where Barbara Stanwyck said her famous line, 'I'm a bitch in the boardroom, a bore in the bedroom and a bear on the toilet!

by Anonymousreply 104June 4, 2016 11:12 PM

Kelly Garrett was the mysterious and sexy Angel during the first season but by season 4 she had turned into a full on wealthy PTA mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 5, 2016 2:19 AM

Why did Farrah quit after one season ?

by Anonymousreply 106June 5, 2016 2:35 AM

Because somebody killed her husband?

by Anonymousreply 107June 5, 2016 2:38 AM

The blacktress they should have gotten was Nell Carter. She would have kept it real. "girl just shoot him. I can't be chasin' anyone. My feet are killing me. I think I'm about to lose some toes to the sugars." "Sabrina might have had a bony white ass but Charlie can't expect my big black ass to be squeezing into some ugly ass orange Pinto."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 5, 2016 3:47 AM

R105, by the time Season 5 rolled around, Jaclyn (born 1945, and she had always been the oldest angel) was 36 and on the show with much younger replacement angels Cheryl (born 1951, 30 when the show ended) and Tanya (born 1955, 26 when the show ended). So if she seemed substantially older, it's because she was.: 6 years older than Cheryl and 10 years older than Tanya.

In Season One, there was only a three-year age difference between Angels (all born between 1945-48).

Those later seasons have more solo episodes, written to give the other two angels time off that week, and of course the relocation of the show for part of Season 5 to Hawaii. Season 5 was a short season, only 16 episodes due to the SAG strike, and the last episode was a short-budget style clip show. They didn't get a proper slam-bang finale or reunion movie.

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2016 4:59 AM

so many series got reunion movies in the 80s and 90s -- thank goodness we got to see Steve and Jamie finally married! And the Bradfords again with the ever-changing Abbys.

it's too bad we didn't get the Angels; Charlie calls them all one last time to reunite them to save Bosley, something like that would have been nice.

Or Boz or Charlie is revealed to be one of their real fathers? Kelly would be an obvious choice, especially since we met Sabrina's dad and Jill and Kris were sisters.

by Anonymousreply 110June 5, 2016 5:06 AM

Farrah Fawcett was the most gay friendly angel ever! Who else would beard for Rock Hudson's ex boy toy Lee Majors for so long?

by Anonymousreply 111June 5, 2016 5:10 AM

Walking in the rain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 5, 2016 5:35 AM

Jaclyn, Kate and Farrah did a reunion photo shoot for People Magazine in 1994. This was before they messed up their faces with plastic surgery. Farrah and Kate looked bad at Emmy reunion in 2008.

In 1986 Producer Leonard Goldberg was quoted as saying "I'd pay each of them a million dollars to do a two-hour Charlie's Angels reunion movie. But it would be very difficult to get any three of the four originals to do it." He turned out to be right. I think Jaclyn and Cheryl would have done it but not Kate or Farrah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 5, 2016 8:19 AM

ah, the memories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 5, 2016 8:44 AM

I don't think Kate and Cheryl got along because Cheryl didn't support Kate's high-strung behavior. A funny exchange between to the two on the set early in the filming of season 2, as reported by People magazine.

Kate (screaming after flubbing her lines several times): "Why do I have to say this garbage? This is shit, shit, shit!"

Cheryl (with a smile and with a prod to Kate): "Aw, come on, Kate, tell us how you really feel."

by Anonymousreply 115June 5, 2016 9:17 AM

It was time for the show to end when 1981 came around. The show could not have survived during the rest of the 1980's.

by Anonymousreply 116June 5, 2016 11:32 AM

Time for a TV reboot

by Anonymousreply 117June 5, 2016 11:43 AM

R117 They just did one 5 years ago and it flopped and only lasted for 7 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 118June 5, 2016 11:47 AM

I liked Farrah on the tv show. She was just fun to look at.

I liked Lucy for the movies. I wish she would have done more action movies back then.

by Anonymousreply 119June 5, 2016 12:13 PM

Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 120June 5, 2016 12:16 PM

Farrah's nipples helped make the show a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 5, 2016 12:18 PM

My favorite scenes from Charlie's Angels are: they have Jill in this elaborate getaway chase. She's on a skateboard being chased by a car. The editing is so bad you can tell it is a guy in a Farrah wig. It's mesmerizing. It's like they didn't even try. The there's the episode where they have Shelley Hack as a trucker. SHELLEY HACK! The woman who looks like she'd be overtaxed washing a sinkful of dirty dishes. Listening to her recite CB jargon was just the best.

by Anonymousreply 122June 5, 2016 3:31 PM

LOL, R122, I remember both, but the Farrah-on-the-skateboard scene is the one I remember most. By today's standards, the editing is a total joke, but production values were different back then. TV was cheesier and never tried to be much more than mindless entertainment, especially in the 1970s. Charlie's Angels was the epitome of that.

by Anonymousreply 123June 5, 2016 3:51 PM

LOL some of the most iconic scenes were Sabrina and her orange Pinto. Fucking orange. She'd would be chased by the bad guys, up a mountain road, who were driving a land barge with a V-8, yet they never caught her. She always managed to beat them or drive them off the road somehow. A fucking orange Pinto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 5, 2016 5:37 PM

Here's a beautiful photo of Jaclyn Smith and Bootsie Gumdrops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 5, 2016 6:16 PM

And, of course, Ladd is in the back. LOL

by Anonymousreply 126June 5, 2016 6:19 PM

The reunion has been announced!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 5, 2016 6:22 PM

Sabrina must have loved orange

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 5, 2016 6:24 PM

Lol, R128!

I vote for Cheryl Ladd...

by Anonymousreply 129June 5, 2016 6:26 PM

Hysterical R110.

I was in elementary school at the time. Steve and Jamie just had to end up together.

by Anonymousreply 130June 5, 2016 6:26 PM

There had been several attempts over the years to reunite all the Angels, especially for the Aaron Spelling tributes, but Kate would always veto that idea, [italic]insisting[/italic] that only the original three should participate. This obviously annoyed Cheryl since she was a huge part of the show from the 2nd season onward.

by Anonymousreply 131June 5, 2016 6:27 PM

Just out the pose of these 3 heroes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 5, 2016 6:29 PM

Cheryl Ladd was to singing what Jaclyn Smith was to dancing.

by Anonymousreply 133June 5, 2016 6:31 PM

R131, it was ridiculous to marginalize Cheryl Ladd and exclude her from any reunions. After all, she helped save the show after Farrah left, and next to Jaclyn, she had the longest tenure on the show. From what I understand, excluding Kate Jackson's bitchy attitude toward her, Cheryl was also one of the most beloved by the cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 134June 5, 2016 6:43 PM

do you think Kate was attracted to Cheryl, hence the 'dislike'?

Kate's great on screen, but fuck it; if she doesn't want to participate and someday they put together a reunion with Jaclyn, Cheryl, Tanya and Shelley, then I'm there.

the reality is Farrah couldn't act; yeah, she was great in the Burning Bed, the material was fool proof.

Merv asked Farrah in an interview did you always want to be an actress and Farrah says 'no.' (no kidding.)

I can see Kate supporting Farrah as a friend, but how did she respect her as an actress?

Jaclyn was ok if she didn't try too hard; she was fine in most everything except something like that heroin addiction episode; she had no chops to pull that off.

The reality is the show didn't hit # 1 until Cheryl came along; I remember being in high school when all this was going on; we didn't have the Internet or social media but thankfully we had People magazine.

by Anonymousreply 135June 5, 2016 6:49 PM

But they seemed so chummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 5, 2016 6:54 PM

I hated all of their cars except for Farrah and Cheryl's Ford Cobra II.

by Anonymousreply 137June 5, 2016 8:53 PM

Some of the clothes Jaclyn Smith wore were hideous. She was an average actress at best.

by Anonymousreply 138June 5, 2016 8:57 PM

r138, you are being generous regarding her acting abilities.

by Anonymousreply 139June 5, 2016 9:01 PM

I liked Kelly Garrett

by Anonymousreply 140June 5, 2016 9:10 PM

I miss jiggle tv.

by Anonymousreply 141June 5, 2016 9:12 PM

I miss Tiffany wells

by Anonymousreply 142June 5, 2016 9:37 PM

I miss Bosley

by Anonymousreply 143June 5, 2016 9:49 PM

Do you think Shelley Hack had touched a gun prior to her stint on Charlie's Angels?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 5, 2016 9:56 PM

Just so natural for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 5, 2016 9:57 PM

Even though I'm an elder gay I choose Lucy Liu. I don't get attracted to many females but I'd have fucked her in that leather suit she was wearing. Lucy is badass.

by Anonymousreply 146June 5, 2016 10:03 PM

LOL, r144.

Later in the 80s there was a female cop show called "Lady Blue" (it only lasted one season). Critics trashed the show and in particular they joked about the lame way she would hold her gun - with her left hand steadying the arm holding the gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 5, 2016 10:07 PM

Shelley Hack looked like she never touched a vacuum cleaner. Never mind a gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 5, 2016 10:20 PM

I miss Tiffany wells!

by Anonymousreply 149June 5, 2016 10:42 PM

I'm dying, R144!!

by Anonymousreply 150June 5, 2016 10:47 PM

Trailer for the non-existent movie "Little Orphan Kelly" in which Kelly Garrett seeks revenge against the evil Beamish. Starring Jaclyn Smith as Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 5, 2016 10:54 PM

R135: [quote]The reality is the show didn't hit # 1 until Cheryl came along;

The show never reached #1. It peaked at #4 when Cheryl joined the cast but had dropped to #12 the next season. When Shelley joined, it dropped further to #17, but it was SE05 (Tanya Roberts) that knocked it out of the top 50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 5, 2016 10:56 PM

Shelley Hacks formative years are just what you thought they'd be:

Modeling remained a sideline however, as Shelley concentrated on her studies. Shelley said, “The Ford Agency would send out a little card that said, ‘Shelley Hack will be back June 1.’”

In high school, her favorites were:

Subject: French Actors: Paul Newman, Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood Movie: Goldfinger Singers: Johnny Mathis, Dionne Warwick and The Supremes TV show: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Outfit: Levi's Place: Bermuda College: Yale Sport: skiing Pastime: socializing

She graduated from the private Greenwich Academy in 1965 and went on to Smith College. "When they say 'upper crust' it sounds so silly - most of the girls there were on scholarship," said Shelley.

In 1968, upon reaching her junior year at Smith, she decided to take a year off and study archaeology at the University of Sydney in Australia ("Smithies go to bed at 10 P.M.," she jested.) But she wanted her trip to be credited as part of her college curriculum. Her parents gave her permission to go, but the college dean went, "What?" Shelley recalled, "I told him I wanted to get away for a year on my own bat and Smith College had a fit." The dean never heard of Sydney University and, at first, wanted her to leave and not give the remainder of her tuition back. But she was able to justify her decision, and, in the end, the school gave her credit for the course.

Her "year off" included a trip around the world. "I spent a month getting to Australia and two months coming back," she said. "My mother worried that I'd end up in some flea-bag hotel in Bangkok," she added.

After a year, Shelley, who is fluent in French and Danish, returned to Smith and graduated in 1970 with a degree in History. Six months later, the dean of Smith College wrote to Shelley for advice on programs similar to hers for girls who wanted to attend Sydney University. And later still, Smith College proudly informed her that they had hired a president from Sydney University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 5, 2016 10:57 PM

I did like Tanya on the 70s show, but despised her on Charlie's Angels.

Someone needs to post the clip of her casually hanging onto the hood of a speeding car. That cracks me up every time.

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2016 12:42 AM

I was the hot and slightly slutty Angel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2016 1:02 AM

My favorite Angel was the busted Kelly Garrett counterfeit Angel. That was the best they could do???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2016 1:11 AM

It's funny that they had Tanya (or Julie) on top of the speeding car, yet later on in the season had her be afraid to jump off a scaffold on to a inflatable stunt bag below in Stuntwomen Angels.

My favorite Tanya/Julie moment was her kicking Eric Braeden's (loathed here on DL as Victor Newman or Y&R) ass in Attack Angels.

by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2016 1:29 AM

Tanya on top of the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2016 1:35 AM

Many thanks, R158.

It's still golden.

by Anonymousreply 159June 6, 2016 1:40 AM

R152, those are season averages.

I'm sure that CA hit # on a given week during the Ladd season.

by Anonymousreply 160June 6, 2016 2:49 AM

Gorgeous picture. Too bad Shelley didn't gel because this is the prettiest trio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2016 3:25 AM

R115 that was back when People mag actually had some dirt in its celebrity stories.

by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2016 4:14 AM

R31, it seems you're also an angel, the way you described Jaclyn so beautifully, with the perfect gif to highlight it. I'll always have a place in my gay heart for the original three. No hate towards the other thirds but when Farrah left, that special chemistry went out the door along with her glorious hair, teeth and nips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2016 4:21 AM

I always wanted CA to do a crossover episode with Starsky and Hutch.

by Anonymousreply 164June 6, 2016 4:28 AM

Who knew that Shelley Hack even HAD tits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 6, 2016 4:52 AM

So as someone who has not really seen any of the Shelly Hack episodes ....what exactly WAS it that made her a bad fit for the series. Her breezy, Bryn Mawr style should have contrasted nicely with the other Angels but didn't. Was it is something about her acting, her personality?

The scenes of hers I have seen she seems a little dry and subdued. It seems the producers thought they were getting the sophisticated,slightly madcap girl about town from the "Charlie" commercial but ended up disillusioned.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 166June 6, 2016 6:08 AM

Shelley beat Michelle Pfeiffer and Barbara Bach for the role

by Anonymousreply 167June 6, 2016 6:16 AM

Unlike the others, Jaclyn was never sexy to me. More like a pretty housewife.

by Anonymousreply 168June 6, 2016 7:12 AM

Shelley Hack was the Jenilee Harrison of CA.

by Anonymousreply 169June 6, 2016 7:34 AM

r157, i loved that episode, "Attack Angels". Julie kicks ass!

by Anonymousreply 170June 6, 2016 11:53 AM

Tanya's storyline in "Attack Angels" was just a rehash of my Beamish episode from Season 1. Mine was far superior.

by Anonymousreply 171June 6, 2016 12:00 PM

you're evil Beamish. I must destroy you Beamish!

by Anonymousreply 172June 6, 2016 12:41 PM

R166 She was just boring and not a good fit for the show. She wasn't believable as a former cop or private detective. She couldn't even hold a gun properly. She started to improve a little acting wise during the second half of the season and began getting more screen time, but it was too little, too late. She had rubbed some people the wrong way behind the scenes, not many fans cared for her and ratings were dropping fast, so she wasn't getting anymore chances.

by Anonymousreply 173June 6, 2016 3:51 PM

Shelley got a really cold firing from the show. She must've been a real bitch to people behind the scenes as Nolan Miller implied on different occasions. On Valentine's Day while there filming, Jaclyn, Cheryl and David Doyle all got telegrams inviting them all back for another season. The next day she found out she was fired after a reporter contacted her agent for a comment on her being fired from the show. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 174June 6, 2016 4:19 PM

Does Tanya Roberts have fond memories from being on Charlie's Angels?

by Anonymousreply 175June 6, 2016 4:23 PM

R175 I think she appreciated the opportunity and the boost it gave her career, but she said Jaclyn and Cheryl were over doing the show at that point so it probably wasn't the most cheery set at that time. Don't think she had a lot in common with them. She hung out with the crew most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 176June 6, 2016 4:50 PM

Thanks for the info, r176.

by Anonymousreply 177June 6, 2016 8:42 PM

Farrah, Jaclyn and Kate were perfect casting. Each brought something to the show. When Farrah left the show lost that special something although Cheryl was good. She just wasn't Farrah. Kate leaving was the final blow to the show and Shelley was not a good replacement - too bland. Farrah's returns were appreciated, but became more underwhelming as the show continued. Plus she changed her look, going from "the Farrah" to long straight hair. Her hairstyle was, believe it or not, a large part of her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 178June 6, 2016 8:56 PM

r175 and r176, Cheryl and Tanya were spotted together in the audience for Dancing With The Stars a few years ago.

I also read somewhere that they reconnected due to their mutual love of golf. And no, that is not a metaphor to imply a lesbian relationship.

by Anonymousreply 179June 6, 2016 9:16 PM

Tom Selleck played Jaclyn Smith's boyfriend on the Season 1 episode "Target: Angels".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2016 10:33 PM

"Angels in Springtime" (at the all women's spa with Zora the masseuse) still has to be one of the most preposterous, brilliant and entertaining episodes ever. Every scene is a gem played to perfection and of course all the lesbian overtones make it even more fabulous (and progressive for that time). Watch as Zora throws Kris across the room only after having locked in her a sauna, which oddly doubles as a steam room??! All that AND a missing manuscript!

by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2016 11:26 PM

there were some classic CA episodes -- Angels in Chains, after it did VERY well in a rebroadcast Aaron joked he'd run it every week until it dropped below a 40 share (or something really high for back in the day)

what was also great was the pilot; Diana Muldar and Bo Hopkins AND Tommy Lee Jones!

originally, the show was going to be called The Alley Cats and I believe it was Kate who came up with Charlie's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 182June 6, 2016 11:32 PM

Alley Cats?.... jesus, that's horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 183June 6, 2016 11:35 PM

R181 That is my favorite episode from season 3. Nancy Parsons, who played Zora was better known as Beulah Balbricker from the Porky's movies from the 80s.

Kris was pursued by another obese lesbian called Big Aggie in the season 4 episode Caged Angels. It's one of the better season 4 episodes. DL fave Sally Kellerman guest stars also.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 7, 2016 12:10 AM

Whoops, that should be DL fave Sally KIRKLAND guest stars also.

by Anonymousreply 185June 7, 2016 12:12 AM

I loved big Aggie and Zora.

by Anonymousreply 186June 7, 2016 12:17 AM

Oddly prophetic line from Shelly's first episode.

And is it just me or is Shelly creating some serious sexual chemistry with David Doyle.(if that's possible). I honestly thought they were going to start making out!

I've noticed that of all the Angels Shelly had the most playful rapport with "Bosley".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 7, 2016 12:28 AM

Wow, that doesn't even look like Selleck. Guess I'm used to the moustache.

by Anonymousreply 188June 7, 2016 12:35 AM

"Charlie's Angels" (originally titled "Alley Cats") was created for Kate Jackson, whom Aaron Spelling took a shine to ever since "Satan's School for Girls" and "The Rookies." She was originally to play Kelly Garrett, but decided at the last minute to switch roles with Jaclyn, which explains why Jaclyn, who was the last one hired and the less experienced actingwise, is featured so prominently in the pilot episode.

by Anonymousreply 189June 7, 2016 1:07 AM

Trailer for Little Orphan Kelly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 7, 2016 1:27 AM

what the fuck difference is there between Kelly and Sabrina?

Seriously, if Kate had played Kelly then Kelly would have been 'the smart one.'

by Anonymousreply 191June 7, 2016 1:53 AM

Farrah Fawcett was Charlie's Angels. The others were non-existent next to her. The show was never the same when she left.

by Anonymousreply 192June 7, 2016 2:29 AM

Farrah Fawcett was also the ugliest Angel.

by Anonymousreply 193June 7, 2016 2:31 AM

R192, the ratings were plenty strong after Farrah left; and her returns (court ordered) didn't help the ratings at all.

by Anonymousreply 194June 7, 2016 2:39 AM

Kate, Jaclyn and Cheryl reunited in 1992 to present a People's Choice Award to Aaron Spelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 7, 2016 3:03 AM

Jaclyn keeping Kate and Cheryl apart, same event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 7, 2016 3:04 AM

Was it only in Season 4 that Jaclyn got top billing?

by Anonymousreply 197June 7, 2016 3:12 AM

Cheryl and Tanya in 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 7, 2016 3:14 AM

Jaclyn and Cheryl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 7, 2016 3:16 AM

Shelly, Farrah and Tanya in 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 7, 2016 3:19 AM

Kate was great in 'Making Love'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 7, 2016 3:24 AM

Family friend of ours guested on CA twice - once the third season and second time the Shelley season. Funny because I always thought she was so pretty, but when I finally saw a rerun of one of the episodes (on Cluu) she just didn't have the fine elegance or bone structure, I guess (and I generally think bone structure is overrated) and was short and stubby in comparison to the other women (well not Cheryl, I guess). Although she definitely had the hair down and more or less had the Angel "look." I wonder if she ever auditioned for one of the replacement parts - she was a bit young, though.

by Anonymousreply 202June 7, 2016 4:01 AM

Shelley's hair early on was horrendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 7, 2016 8:00 AM

R203 it's like a Cybill Sheperd of Moonlighting hairdo...gone terribly wrong. (I know it was before that show, of course, but still)

by Anonymousreply 204June 7, 2016 4:29 PM

I love you so much r144!

What was that Tiffany was wearing? A housecoat from Little House on the Prairie? Did she invade Laura Bush's closet? Shelley was flat as a pancake both body wise AND acting wise. Tiffany was the least interesting Angel Ever.

Although I was obsessed with her split ends!

by Anonymousreply 205June 7, 2016 4:36 PM

I loved Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 206June 7, 2016 5:47 PM

r188, here is a pic of Tom Selleck from that same episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 7, 2016 6:32 PM

Kelly "Go-Go' Garrett and Kris Munroe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 7, 2016 6:43 PM

Another pic of Kelly 'Go-Go' Garrett, from the Season 2 episode "Circus of Terror".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Remember when Shelley was on that show that followed Moonlighting called Jack and Mike? I never watched an episode but it was a romantic dramedy, and I remember it got a lot of flak for being a Moonlighting rip-off. And similar to Moonlighting, there were rumors that Shelley did not get along with her co-star.

Here's a promo of the two shows - they were ABC's back-to-back Tuesday. I swear I remember a promo where all 4 actors did it together (Bruce, Cybill, Shelley and the guy who played Jack) but I haven't been able to locate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 7, 2016 6:54 PM

Kate's dislike of Cheryl -- if it's even that big of a thing -- is ODD.

Actors are NUTS.

They practice what they do on screen in their everyday off camera lives.

by Anonymousreply 211June 7, 2016 7:10 PM

Jack and Mike made the cover of TV Guide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 7, 2016 8:36 PM

Wasn't Shelley Hack in Ghoulies or The Stepfather?

by Anonymousreply 213June 7, 2016 8:47 PM

The Stepfather, sporting a very bad perm.

by Anonymousreply 214June 7, 2016 9:42 PM

Shelley Hack in Cutter to Houston. I tell you. It took them YEARS to stop trying to make her happen. I get the feeling she wanted to be a great actress but resented having to get up before noon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 7, 2016 10:01 PM

Shelley Hack. SeaQuest . . . they tried and tried

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 7, 2016 10:22 PM

Short clip of Tom Selleck and Jaclyn Smith in front of the fireplace. They sure made a beautiful couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 7, 2016 10:37 PM

Tom was elevenseventybillion times better looking without the moustache.

by Anonymousreply 218June 7, 2016 10:43 PM

R211 Kate has always came across as very high-strung to me. Apparently sometimes she would be fairly civil to Cheryl then at other times totally refuse to acknowledge her, let alone speak to her. Cheryl said Kate was the one nixed her appearance to honor Aaron Spelling at the Emmy's.

R218 Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 219June 7, 2016 11:43 PM

Shelley was also in kings of comedy.

by Anonymousreply 220June 7, 2016 11:51 PM

Shelley was pretty bad in The Stepfather, an otherwise a well-made horror flick. Quite a bit of reviewers agreed she was the weak link of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 221June 7, 2016 11:53 PM

It's funny though. None of the Angels were given the opportunities the Hack was after Charlie's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 222June 8, 2016 12:11 AM

It's really funny that she got axed so quickly from Night Court, the one show that would became a long-running hit. I think she maybe taped one episode, but they hired another actress to re film her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 223June 8, 2016 12:18 AM

R215, good lord Alec Baldwin was hot back then!

by Anonymousreply 224June 8, 2016 12:52 AM

Yeah Alec was hot before he turned into a fat queen.

by Anonymousreply 225June 8, 2016 1:06 AM

So let's put all the Shelley TV series in one place:

Charlie's Angels (fired/replaced)

Jack and Mike (short run/canceled)

Cutter to Houston (short run/canceled)

Night Court (replaced)

SeaQuestDSV (pilot)

Say what you will about her acting, between 1979-87, she was constantly working in top level film, leads on network tv, and theatre far more than most actors ever get the opportunity to. Though I cannot imagine her as Billie in BORN YESTERDAY.

After 1987, late 80s/90s, she's still working, but it's TV movies and guest shots and smaller things.

The 2000s brought a few gigs hosting and producing, but apparently she's politically active, and she graduated from Smith with a history degree. She has a 2015 credit on a Hallmark movie PERFECT MATCH and she's been married to the same man since 1990.

So Tiffany as the super-smart, refined angel (replacing Sabrina, the smart, but also street-smart, straight-talk Angel) must have seemed like a logical and unexplored place for the series to go at the time. But hair and makeup on the CA set must have hated her to let her be on camera looking the way she looked--there are always a few shots per episode where her hair, in particular, looks dreadful, and the other two Angels pretty much look great throughout.

by Anonymousreply 226June 8, 2016 1:24 AM

What about me r226 ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 8, 2016 1:29 AM

Shelley had that writer's love look. Extremely pretty in a sophisticated intellectual look. Like she'd fall for the smart nerd. So they loved her until taping began LOL. She was such a prolific model. I know way too much about Shelley and I'm embarrassed to know this but they say in the 70s Shelley made about $150 million dollars modeling. She just fascinates me and I don't know why. It's embarrassing. It's only slightly less embarrassing than being the Cali Timmins troll. But yeah those makeup people must have hated her to make such a pretty girl look like a mess.

I think on the days she brought donuts and coffee they got it right for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 8, 2016 1:44 AM

There's way too much attention to Shelley Hack in this thread. Where's the Tanya Roberts Troll?

by Anonymousreply 229June 8, 2016 1:48 AM

I can't remember where I read it (maybe in the Charlie's Angels book by Jack Condon), but Shelley was very matter-of-fact about her firing from the show. Didn't seem at all bitter, just thought of it as a good experience to have.

by Anonymousreply 230June 8, 2016 1:52 AM

All six angels, together at last!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 8, 2016 2:00 AM

The dolls are fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 232June 8, 2016 2:02 AM

They really are impressive.

by Anonymousreply 233June 8, 2016 2:05 AM

Fortunately I'm not in this deep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 8, 2016 2:10 AM

Shelley, with Annette O'Toole and DL Lesbian Fave Meredith Baxter in "Vanities".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 8, 2016 2:23 AM

R212 ha that TV Guide cover echoes many of our sentiments here that she kept inexplicably getting chance after chance.

They tried out a few actresses on Night Court before they settled on Markie Post. The first one was the brunette who - for the Three's Company fans out there - played "De-NISE, De-NISE," the preppy who tried to change Jack.

by Anonymousreply 236June 8, 2016 5:36 AM

I love Shelley Hack. I was a big fan of Tiffany Wells.

by Anonymousreply 237June 8, 2016 11:39 AM

Poor Shelley never had the post Charlie's Angels TV success that I had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 8, 2016 11:47 AM

After "Angels in Chains", probably my favorite CA episode was "Angel Hunt" where Kris, Kelly and Tiffany are left on a deserted island and hunted down by someone who has a grudge against Charlie. The first CA movie with Sam Rockwell totally ripped this episode off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 8, 2016 11:49 AM

r239, i liked that episode where Tiffany got hit with the blunt end of a rifle handle and was laying in a stream when a tiger came up to eat her. She said 'nice, kitty, kitty". The tiger took off and left her alone.

by Anonymousreply 240June 8, 2016 11:57 AM

The Best of Tiffany Welles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 8, 2016 11:57 AM

Tiffany also had this golden, but awkward line in Angel Hunt after they spot peacocks on the island:

"Come to think of it, what are the peacocks doing here in the first place? They’re not indigenous to this latitude. They’re not even indigenous to this hemisphere."

I'm not sure even Kate Jackson could've pulled that line off!

by Anonymousreply 242June 8, 2016 12:03 PM

r242, i love you. that was an awesome line from Miss Tiffany Wells.

by Anonymousreply 243June 8, 2016 12:08 PM

Cameron Diaz' character says this in the first CA movie:

[quote] It's a sitta pygmaya. A pygmy nuthatch! They only live in one place. CARMEL!

by Anonymousreply 244June 8, 2016 12:09 PM

When I was a little boy I would pretend I was either Kelly Garrett or Tiffany Wells. My two favorite angels.

by Anonymousreply 245June 8, 2016 12:10 PM

The funny thing is, in real life, Shelley Hack would have known that about peacocks.

by Anonymousreply 246June 8, 2016 10:03 PM

The original Angels on the cover of Time Magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 8, 2016 11:07 PM

I love this MAD Magazine cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 8, 2016 11:28 PM

I just watched the episode where they play football. It was very lez centric. Very. Kate esp comes across very butch in the shoulder pads. It's hilarious how you can spot the stunt men in wigs.

by Anonymousreply 249June 9, 2016 3:16 AM

R249 That was the first appearance of Jaclyn Smith's BFF, the equine Nancy Fox. She would appear in several episodes in seasons 2 through 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 9, 2016 3:36 AM

R68

White parents with any background would NOT name a daughter Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 251June 9, 2016 4:01 AM

Tanya Roberts Interview 1981

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 9, 2016 11:04 AM

Charlie's Angels Attack! Tanya Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 9, 2016 11:05 AM

r250, I remember that homely bitch! Every time she would make an appearance, it was "NOT HER AGAIN!!!"

Another actress I could not stand was Elissa Leeds. IMDB says she only made two appearances on CA but it seems like more (probably because she made guest appearances on multiple shows at the time). Terrible actress who came across as a mentally challenged adult film star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 9, 2016 11:41 AM

Elissa Leeds had an annoying baby voice and spoke in an annoying way.

by Anonymousreply 255June 9, 2016 12:15 PM

r250 and r254, i hated both of those bitches.

by Anonymousreply 256June 9, 2016 12:23 PM

does anyone remember the fake, canned screams they would employ on the show? It was always the same scream.

by Anonymousreply 257June 9, 2016 12:25 PM

Cheryl Ladd, peut-être.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 9, 2016 12:56 PM

Oh yeah, that scream was hilarious, even after hearing countless times. Some CA fan needs to do a compilation of them and post it on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 259June 9, 2016 12:57 PM

I loved Zora and Big Aggie.

by Anonymousreply 260June 9, 2016 1:03 PM

The top 10 gayest moments on Charlie's Angels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 9, 2016 1:18 PM

Also a montage of cars exploding at the slightest provocation, and a slo-mo montage of men in wigs (you can see the faces a lot) during the combat sequences.

The DVDs bring a new level of clarity that viewers probably couldn't see on their 1970s TV screens. You can often see tape marks on the floor and then just wait for the Angels to walk in and hit those marks so they're standing in a line but not blocking each other for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 262June 9, 2016 3:30 PM

Farrah

by Anonymousreply 263June 9, 2016 3:45 PM

r262, i don't "eye-screw" tv shows like you do.

by Anonymousreply 264June 9, 2016 5:43 PM

I must say that Jaclyn Smith is grateful that she doesn't have to act these days. She can retire and live comfortably.

by Anonymousreply 265June 9, 2016 7:15 PM

R254 that's the one I knew. She was also on DL favorite "Dorothy."

She worked a lot then (started on soaps, from New York, then moved to LA), and im not really sure what happened.

But she's a very successful manager now.

by Anonymousreply 266June 9, 2016 7:25 PM

Really? She seemed like someone who could barely "manage" to chew gum and walk at the same time...

by Anonymousreply 267June 9, 2016 7:48 PM

Well r267 she attended Spence, and we all know how smart those Spence girls are...

by Anonymousreply 268June 9, 2016 8:16 PM

Not as smart as Smithies....

by Anonymousreply 269June 9, 2016 10:19 PM

He's got Jill!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 9, 2016 11:04 PM

Oh, I thought there were seven cards to a stud. I mean, hand. *giggle*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 9, 2016 11:07 PM

R267, don't confuse her characters with her in real life; Elissa is savvy and smart and let's not forget her greatest contribution to soaps: Steffie killed off that annoying Lu Swneson character.

by Anonymousreply 272June 9, 2016 11:16 PM

Yes R250- the poor man's Sissy Spacek.

by Anonymousreply 273June 9, 2016 11:19 PM

Are you OK Chris?

by Anonymousreply 274June 10, 2016 12:30 AM

Big Aggie was played by Shirley Stoler. Some of you might remember her from the movie The Honeymoon Killers (1969), where she played real-life serial killer Martha Beck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 10, 2016 9:45 PM

Sabrina and Bosley in action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 10, 2016 10:20 PM

Poor Kelly, shot in the head twice, yet with no scars nor her lush hair messed up one bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 10, 2016 10:59 PM

This thread is slowing down. Julie can't believe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 11, 2016 6:34 PM

For you Angels fans out there. What WAS the name of that episode where Jill and Kris were captured. They were in the back of a car, somehow managed to escape even though they were tied up. The reason why I bring this up is when they roll out of the car, clearly THEY ARE MEN! Farrah in particular had a beard! Good time!

Reminds me of the infamous Dynasty pool scene where only Heather Locklear remains the same after it's all over. What was in that pool anyway?

BONUS ROUND! My favorite scene will always be Aggie/Shirley throwing tiny Kris/Cheryl into a wall AND THE FREAKING WALL BREAKS!!! You talk about cheap!

by Anonymousreply 279June 11, 2016 7:18 PM

I loved my charlie's angels dolls as a little boy.

by Anonymousreply 280June 11, 2016 9:47 PM

Liked Farrah the best. Tanya had a slutty coarseness that was alternately appealing and repellent. Actually liked Shelley Hack. What was up with her hair? It looked best when it was ironed flat, but I couldn't figure out the Brillo pad corona. Bad perm, split end explosion, or a particularly humid day on the set. My favorite line of hers is when out of the blue she said "wunderbar"! Who gave her those stupid lines?

by Anonymousreply 281June 11, 2016 10:50 PM

Shelly guest hosting "Hello Angels" week on A&E's Biography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 11, 2016 11:24 PM

Thanks for that, R282 - interesting Kate Jackson isn't shown once in the clips they use.

by Anonymousreply 283June 11, 2016 11:30 PM

This will always be my favorite Kate Jackson performance. Brilliant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 12, 2016 4:00 AM

Kate actually looks pretty good in that clip at r284 -- too bad about the mental health.

by Anonymousreply 285June 12, 2016 4:16 AM

Whenever you saw drawing or cartoons of the original three in the '70s (and Charlie's Angels was massive in the popular culture -- cartoons of them were everywhere), they always drew Kate as sexy as the other two, and always with longer hair than what she had. I think straight cartoonists just couldn't stand to draw a woman any other way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 12, 2016 5:47 AM

"Toni's Boys" intro!

My favorite is the "Master of Disguise" angel-boy - he has TWO looks - his normal look and his fakest beard ever look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 12, 2016 6:47 AM

I'll never forget when he stripped naked for Kris.

by Anonymousreply 288June 12, 2016 5:24 PM

Aaron Spelling was to Barbara Stanwyck what Ryan Murphy was to Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 289June 12, 2016 5:28 PM

I still would like to revisit the reboot a few years ago. It was so bad that I thought it was always meant to be a write-off project. It wasn't even so much the poor acting. The writing was so lousy like they filmed the first drafts. Even good actors couldn't have saved those dialogues. The concept wasn't even that bad. The modernized concept of darker drama was definitely a good idea. And I found the actor playing Bosley extremely sexy. It's a pitty that this botched version probably prevents future revivals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 12, 2016 6:32 PM

Ramon's hot but that was a problem for me because Bosely is that lovable uncle the women could dote on; I'd never believe Ramon's Bosley could be hoodwinked by Pat Crowley.

Also, big mistake not tying the timeline of this new show to the original angels; they could have come on as guest stars playing their characters.

The Kate TODAY clip Devious/Nevious; have to research what that was about but Kate was backing her pal; she's nuts but loyal; good on Meredith for not losing it or saying 'we got it, Kate'.

by Anonymousreply 291June 12, 2016 6:40 PM

I agree, they could / should have made it a simple sequel, not a remake. Bosley could have been just the nephew of the original character and everybody would have been ok. No need to do a remake when everybody still relates to the original characters.

by Anonymousreply 292June 12, 2016 6:50 PM

True, r292.

by Anonymousreply 293June 12, 2016 7:14 PM

"Angels in Chains". The butch prison guard is not impressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 12, 2016 11:43 PM

Bob had a nice chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 12, 2016 11:55 PM

I'm alone in this I'm sure but I prefer a nice chest over a nice cock.

by Anonymousreply 296June 14, 2016 3:29 AM

I bet Bob had both!

by Anonymousreply 297June 14, 2016 10:19 PM

They wrote out Kate Jackson's character by having her get married. And it was Charlie who announced to Kelly and Kris that she was expecting.

So the bitch leaves and doesn't tell two of her closest friends that she's pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 298June 14, 2016 10:52 PM

Good point, R298; CA was good for women in that it showed them in the power position, but the unseen Charlie knew all.

Nice that Sabrina got a happy ending; Jill went off to Milan to race cars; alas, poor Shelley just got "Tiffany's spending time back east."

Honestly, at that point they weren't even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 299June 15, 2016 2:36 AM

Shelly's last episode of Season 4 was the awful "One Love...Two Angels". Kelly and Kris both fall in love with special guest star Patrick Duffy whose character is killed, and when it comes to light that he has been romancing both women, it threatens to end their friendship for good. Kelly and Kris each decide to quit the agency but patch things up in the last 5 minutes of the episode. Instead, we learn in the first episode of Season 5 that it is Tiffany who has quit. She probably went back to Boston to escape those 2 stupid bitches.

by Anonymousreply 300June 15, 2016 2:54 AM

Jaclyn Shmith

by Anonymousreply 301June 15, 2016 3:29 AM

I loved my CA dolls as a little boy.

by Anonymousreply 302June 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Kate did look pretty good in that Today show appearance from 2009. She was looking bad at the Emmy Awards in 2006 where they honored Aaron Spelling. It looked like she just had some work done and her eyes looked very unnatural and oddly shaped.

She is supposed to be working on her own autobiography (called "The Smart One"), but the date keeps getting pushed back, so who knows when (or if) it will ever come out. It was originally supposed to have been released in October 2011. The release date is now December 30, 2020!

by Anonymousreply 303June 16, 2016 10:38 AM

Kate at the 2006 Emmy's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 16, 2016 10:50 AM

Farrah had some really bad work done around 2005. I remember there was a lengthy thread here on DL with this picture and how bad she looked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 16, 2016 10:56 AM

Another angle. She had some corrected work done before her 2006 Emmy's appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 16, 2016 10:58 AM

Darn, they didn't post. Scary Farrah pic 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 16, 2016 11:03 AM

Scary Farrah another angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 16, 2016 11:04 AM

corpse with hair, 308.

by Anonymousreply 309June 16, 2016 11:14 AM

Kate at the 2006 Emmys was giving Nora Desmond (un) realness!

by Anonymousreply 310June 16, 2016 11:43 AM

Cheryl's facelift when she was on One West Waikiki in the mid 90s was TIGHT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311June 16, 2016 11:47 AM

Tanya Roberts in 2015, doing her best Elvira impression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 16, 2016 11:50 AM

Shelley Hack from about 5 years ago. Not bad considering the lack of make up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 16, 2016 11:53 AM

It's interesting how Hack looks arguably the best because she appears to have no work done. Jaclyn Smith is finally show her age a bit in her face. She maintained her youthfulness until a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 314June 16, 2016 9:59 PM

Hack would look great if she could manage to put on ten pounds.

by Anonymousreply 315June 16, 2016 10:12 PM

Did they ever explain why the angels were working from an office in Hawaii for a dozen episode or so in the last season? I don't recall a reason why they went to Honolulu and then went back to LA after all.

by Anonymousreply 316June 16, 2016 10:36 PM

LOVED Shelley Hack. She was so now... So wow!

Also loved Hillarie Thompson who played one of the counterfeit Angels .

by Anonymousreply 317June 16, 2016 11:38 PM

Shelley was awesome on the Love Boat pretending to be a ditz while being romanced by beefy shirtless Emergency star Kevin Tighe.

by Anonymousreply 318June 16, 2016 11:47 PM

LOL Shelley Hack. No matter what Charlie's Angel discussion comes up she gets the most chatter.

by Anonymousreply 319June 17, 2016 12:44 AM

Shelley Hack and Beamish, 319.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 17, 2016 1:24 AM

There's always room for Beamish!

by Anonymousreply 321June 17, 2016 3:34 AM

[quote]Jaclyn Smith is finally show her age a bit in her face. She maintained her youthfulness until a couple of years ago.

Which I think is partly due to having one procedure too many. She's now looking a little altered. She should have stopped around 2006 and aged out.

And don't let me even start to spout off about Kate's eyes and Farrah's nose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 17, 2016 3:42 AM

Kate always had almond-shaped eyes that slanted up, even when she was young, and it's always been more extreme when she smiles big -- her cheeks push the corners of her eyes up even further -- which is why she doesn't usually show her teeth when she smiles.

And it is exacerbated when makeup people fully line her lower lids. She's looks much more natural without a black line under her eye highlighting the fact that her eyes slant upward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2016 3:54 AM

Oops -- and I forgot to add that, yes, she's had some bad, extreme work done, too, which made things worse. So yeah, the work is bad, but her eyes were always shaped like that...

I've linked what I think is pretty much the best photograph ever taken of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2016 3:59 AM

My favorite picture of Kate. She should have hung on to the longer hair for a little bit longer. She would have been considered the prettiest angel if she had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2016 4:06 AM

And just for fun, here's one of Kate hanging out with Cher and Dolly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2016 4:06 AM

It's funny they have the same first name but when I first saw Kate Middleton she reminded me a lot of Kate Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2016 4:08 AM

And here's the worst picture ever taken of the original three -- well, the worst costumes in any photo they ever took. Not flattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2016 4:11 AM

Jaclyn is looking a little different these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2016 4:16 AM

Im the last person to be for the over plumped lips but Shelley Hack (and a pre filler Cheryl Tiegs for that matter) is exactly the type of person people mean when they say "skinny WASP lips." They actually are too thin and it looks harsher as you age.

Lip fillers was actually meant for people like that - and I actually have a couple of very thin lipped friends who got just a little bit of filler to soften their look a bit, and it works really well. The nightmare jobs we all stereotype are those who either don't need the injections to begin with, or get three rounds of filler instead of one.

by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2016 4:56 AM

Found this on another message board:

[quote] There's an interesting story told by Smith and Ladd... Hack didn't watch the show or own a tv and on the first day was asked if she was nervous, " No, why should I be nervous" was her response and her attitude throughout the whole thing. She was a classy east coast model who didn't buy into the shows 'popularity' , according to Smith " Shelly didn't fold into the groove" like Ladd did and says, " she was trying to be good in a 'I'm a good actress way' which wasn't how our show worked". Ladd really liked her and says, " Shelly took a lot of shit.. I mean, how do you be 'the smart one' on a show that's kinda dumb".

by Anonymousreply 331June 19, 2016 2:45 AM

Thanks R331. That's exactly how I would picture Hack handling it. She probably had zero clue as to what the show was and how many people watched it. I saw an interview with her about just how unprepared she was for the reaction of being named a Charlie's Angel. She had reporters crawling through her bathroom window trying to get to her.

by Anonymousreply 332June 19, 2016 2:52 AM

The publications were really pulling for Shelley. She'd been an East Coast model for so long they knew her well. People magazine sure knew how to fix her hair I don't know why the crew of CA didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 19, 2016 2:56 AM

The 1992 tribute to A Spelling on the People's Choice Awards - the last time Kate and Cheryl were seen together. And what the fuck is Jaclyn wearing???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 19, 2016 6:20 AM

According to Charlie's Angels designer Nolan Miller ( who does come off as a little catty in the interview I saw, I know, shocker) Shelly Hack was very grateful for the opportunity and gracious to everyone on set......

for the first WEEK!

After that Miller says she turned into a bossy, entitled bitch and the only positive he had to say was that she was very chic and looked fantastic in the clothes.

He also claimed Kate Jackson was a total nightmare CUNT.

But I'm sure y'all already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 335June 19, 2016 6:33 AM

I liked Cheryl Ladd during her first season of CA (Season 2) as the cute and innocent rookie but grew tired of her during the subsequent seasons as the character got more "sophisticated".

Nolan Miller liked to stylized her in a lot of hats, which made her look stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 19, 2016 7:32 AM

Behind the Scenes: The Unauthorized Story of 'Charlie's Angels (2004).

No, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 19, 2016 7:39 AM

Toni's Boy, Stephen Shortidge, left acting to become a painter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 19, 2016 8:10 AM

Toni's Boy, Bob Seagren -today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339June 19, 2016 8:12 AM

R335 Nolan Miller was also interviewed on some Charlie's Angels retrospective that aired on Fox back in the late 90s on so, had this to say about Hack: "Shelley Hack was a bitch." The interviewer off camera was apparently shocked he said that and was giving him an incredulous look to which he responded with "well, she was!"

Not a good idea to be bitchy to the crew when you're a newbie and known for modeling instead of your acting. That's why Kate got away with it for as long as she did. She was a good actress and established.

by Anonymousreply 340June 19, 2016 1:08 PM

I like Cheryl because she knew she landed in a pot of jam and would have done the show until she was chasing the bad guys using a walker. You can tell she was just smiling and rubbing hands together every time she checked her bank balance.

by Anonymousreply 341June 19, 2016 3:38 PM

I love me some Shelley Hack. I used to pretend I was Tiffany Wells when I was a little six year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 342June 19, 2016 4:19 PM

Shelley is the only Angel who has worked with both Woody Allen and Martin Scorsese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 19, 2016 4:52 PM

[quote]Bob had a nice chest.

And a butterface. He was the weak link – lookswise – of Toni's boys.

Re Shelley: I wonder if anybody would have work that season. Filling the third spot seemed rushed. No scripts had been written with a defined third Angel. Tiffany was barely dropped into existing scripts and Shelley was given nothing to do. By the time they finally got around to somewhat developing her character and writing for her, it was far too late: TPTB weren't fond of Shelley and the viewers barely knew Tiffany. Shelley made for a convenient scapegoat for the ratings drop.

by Anonymousreply 344June 19, 2016 5:46 PM

BUMP for Tiffany's weird hair bump during the first half of Season 4.

I thought Bob Seagren was attractive overall back in the 80s but agree that he was the least good looking of the 3 Toni's Boys.

Whatever happened to Bruce Bauer? The last time I saw him, he was getting a hummer in the front seat of his car in "My Tutor" (a movie that provided a lot of spank material during my teen years thanks to Matt Latanzi).

by Anonymousreply 345June 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Where in My Tutor did he get a hummer? I just watched that movie on YouTube and didn't see that.

by Anonymousreply 346June 21, 2016 5:57 AM

Start at 59:36, r346.

As a teenager, I thought his expressions he made while getting pleasured were hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 21, 2016 12:03 PM

Thank you R347! It is kinda sexy!

by Anonymousreply 348June 21, 2016 11:22 PM

These are slightly creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 26, 2016 7:50 AM

Despite Kelly getting shot - twice - in the head, Kris was the Angel who suffered the most abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 26, 2016 4:17 PM

Beulah Ballbricker really delivered the beatdown on Kris that time

by Anonymousreply 351June 26, 2016 4:19 PM

"A pretty little neck - I bet it would break easily."

Imagine if her neck had a mole on it. She would've been even more brutal.

by Anonymousreply 352June 26, 2016 4:23 PM

Nancy Parsons and of course Mercedes McCambridge were both excellent villains on that episode (Angels in Springtime), which ranks as one of the top 5 CA episodes of all time.

But the actress who deserves the most acclaim from that same episode is Joan Hotchkis who played the super creepy Dr. Slavin - the shrink who develops a lesbian tinged obsession with Kelly. She has an amazing scene where she tries to examine Kelly with a stethoscope that is even better than the hose down scene in 'Angels in Chains'.

Unfortunately, this was the only clip I could find of her from that episode (in Italian and it doesn't include the stethoscope scene).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353June 26, 2016 4:49 PM

Subversive evil lesbian subtext is but a memory now

by Anonymousreply 354June 26, 2016 4:52 PM

Matt Latanzi was so hot!

Too bad he looks like the Unabomber now. Pity really.

by Anonymousreply 355June 26, 2016 6:50 PM

I'm happy to see that Kate got a lot of votes here on DL. She always seems to lose this race among heterosexual men.

by Anonymousreply 356December 15, 2019 3:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!