Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Arthur Freed: pedophile?

He famously exposed himself to her when she was twelve.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2020 5:55 PM

Her = Shirley Temple.

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2016 8:16 PM

Fortunately, it was past the age she needed to take a part in a mouth for a part in a movie -- and before the age she had to again.

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2016 8:19 PM

I never heard this. That's horrible!

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2016 8:50 PM

And, being innocent of the male anatomy, Shirley laughed at him. And this, boys and girls, is why there are no big-budget MGM musicals starring Shirley Temple.

by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2016 9:07 PM

R4: Shirley didn't work at MGM. That is why they couldn't get her for The Wizard of Oz and had to settle for Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2016 9:56 PM

Meanwhile, Shirley had to settle for [italic]The Blue Bird[/italic] at Fox.

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2016 10:01 PM

After she left Fox in 1940, Shirley signed with MGM. She was intended to do BABES ON BROADWAY with Garland and Rooney (she would have the smaller part ultimately played by Virginia Wiedler) and a movie with wallace Beery, but she was tossed into the B-movie "Kathleen". She left MGM right after that.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2016 10:09 PM

Laughing @ R5. "Settle" for Judy Garland?

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2016 9:22 PM

And hence was born the moniker "The Freed Unit."

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2016 9:29 PM

oh that's good R9! Wish I'd said that!!!

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2016 9:30 PM

R9 Actually it was called "The Freed Peanut." That's why Shirley laughed.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2016 9:34 PM

I like to think I played a significant role in the rapid growth and expansion of The Freed Unit!

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2016 9:36 PM

Yolanda and The Thief is playing on TCM right now. I googled him and this disturbing anecdote popped up.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2020 4:23 PM

That's why Lena Horne didn't get the role of Julie in "Show Boat". He asked her to come kiss his cotton blossom, and she showed him her boot.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2020 4:27 PM

Why do men expose themselves? Women don't do that!

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2020 4:39 PM

He took ,,, it .. out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2020 4:51 PM

If he did that to someone of her stature, imagine what he would do with a random starlet. Lucille Bremer got away from him and had a happy life with her husband and children.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2020 5:09 PM

Who’s had a flasher or car wanker?

As a kid, there was this pedo who parked right outside the fenced school yard, wanking away.

We had no idea what it was when we saw him having a vehicular stroke.

This fat kid, whom I loved because he has a heart of gold, had to actually explain it to us.

Truthfully, I had no concept of it, even after the explanation. I actually did believe that two adults pecked each other on the mouth, and then a stork flew over their home, literally dropping a newborn from the clutches.

I was literally aghast and shocked when I finally cracked open an anatomy book.

I predict that within 10 years or less, there will be an actual prescription developed for the treatment of real and medically authenticated pedophilia. At the very least, there will be the ability to rewire circuitry via implants, like they can with certain patients afflicted with specific types of Parkinson’s.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2020 5:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!