Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to get a Snooker player

I'm jealous of Mark Selby's wife and want a piece of what she's having.

Or, I watched the Crucible for the first time ever this year, and after enjoying two weeks of exciting match play and intense cerebral battle (and yeah, ogling hotties bent over a table) I've been thinking.. how does one go about getting a snooker player? Something about their slim and toned physique, strategic mind and calm demeanour makes it seem like a worthwhile challenge. They must be great in bed (great muscle control and focus, you know...!) If you've ever bedded or dated a snooker player, please share wisdom.

Note: am early-20's, new to the sport and don't play (happy to start if it gets me further), and I know there aren't any out players (apparently it's a very 'straight' sport, whatever that means). What I'm looking for are tips on where to go to meet and get to know a player, how to gauge if he's up for it, how best to get him worked up, and what to wear and discuss to keep him interested. I've only been with performing arts/theater types and academics before, so a sportsman and a strategic guy is unfamiliar ground.

Thanks in advance, DL Mavens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2022 2:52 AM

You can play with my balls if you like

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2016 1:01 PM

He has a nice butt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2016 2:10 PM

From another angle...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2016 2:27 PM

And Another...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2016 2:29 PM

The best angle...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2016 2:30 PM

He does have a delicious body. And now he's a millionaire, he just won the Crucible 2016 two hours ago. But he's married to a classy woman and they have an adorable little girl together, so no chance there.

I hope a twink from his hometown tries to put the moves on him when he goes out to celebrate tonight anyway, like the gay community's way of saying 'thank-you' for a great match and a great tournament.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2016 10:13 PM

Back on topic, how do you hook up with these guys? Just hang around tables and tourneys looking hot?

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2016 10:14 PM

[quote] It was a big night for the East Midlands city, as Mark Selby (nicknamed "The Jester from Leicester") won his second world snooker title -- denying Ding Junhui's bid to become Asia's first champion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2016 1:26 AM

I didn't realize snooker was a THING . How stupid .

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2016 2:09 AM

Well, looks like we've discovered the sole demographic where no DL'er has ever gone before.

I think learning to play at a bar could be a good start, only there's the risk that a lot of amateurs are also greasy unpleasant drunks (on account of the setting). Perhaps following the game will help, that way it's easy to weed out aficionados and serious players from casual barflys playing with the stick and balls.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2016 5:03 PM

Selby does karaoke to celebrate. He's cute as well as hot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2016 10:59 AM

Do they get paid a lot in the big leagues? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2016 12:14 PM

Bumping for this year's Crucible.

Veteran hottie McLeod just gave twinky cub Trump a run for his money. Rory just came out of nowhere, no one knew he existed until like five minutes ago, but he's tearing it up. I love the Zen intensity on his face, he looks like Luther.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2017 1:17 PM

Balls and big sticks? Butts in tight suit pants? Intense staring matches with hotties?Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2017 4:12 PM

McLeod just got knocked out :( :( sucks, he could have been the first Black winner of the Crucible.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2017 11:32 AM

Neil Robertson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2017 11:59 AM

Robertson is cute as. I love his twinky dyejob & his mellow accent, and his ass is the cherry on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2017 12:15 PM

Do Americans call it 'billiards' instead of 'snooker'? It's hard to find coverage/streaming matches in the States.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2017 10:59 AM

Pretty sure Ding Junhui will win the Crucible this year.

He's adorable, just a cute & cuddly dude. You wouldn't think he had a steel-trap mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2017 3:39 PM

Imagine fucking one of these guys on the baize. Niiiiicce.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2017 4:48 PM

Spoke too soon R19 :(

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2017 9:07 PM

Since when are snooker players known for their looks? Aren't they generally a bunch of 40 year olds with beer bellies?

by Anonymousreply 22April 30, 2017 12:26 AM

Malaysian 19.y.o Sunny Akani came close to beating Sullivan today....

He’s very adorable in a twinky, aspie, femme-y way. Do we think he’s family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Bump like a pink off the green...

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2017 1:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 10, 2018 2:57 PM

Blond puppy=eyed rookie Kyren Wilson is getting schooled by Ronnie rn.

He's actually pretty cute in an Edward Norton-type of way, I like that he's kicked smug Judd Trump around a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2018 6:23 PM

the make colored happen guy has to invade every thread.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2018 6:44 PM

R18 if you were still wondering; while all are cue sports played on baize, 'snooker' 'pool' & billiards' are all totally different games. Table size, no/colors of balls and timing/scoring all differ greatly between each game.

Snooker is the most complex & lengthy of the three, and can be considered the UR/traditional cue sport (invented by British Army Officers) which gave rise to the American/European variations in pool & billiards. Snooker uses the biggest table, the most balls (behave!), and the highest stakes and difficulty-level.

More at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2018 7:10 PM

Resurrected this thread just to say that I only now discovered Mark Selby and he is gorgeous (and has a really nice butt). Not that I could ever stand to watch a snooker match (game?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2021 9:06 PM

Ronnie O'Sullivan has a good sense of humour. He's also quite the skirtchaser I hear, even in his middle-age. I'd buy him a pint, he seems like a laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2022 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!