Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This woman is NOT Black.

She is an Australian aborigine. Please quit comparing them to Blacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 1, 2018 9:39 AM

OKAY, op. Christ!

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2016 3:29 PM

so if you're skin is black, you're not black?

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2016 3:29 PM

Abos are the bottom of the genetic barrel.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2016 3:31 PM

That gal's not black; she's an African-American.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2016 3:32 PM

Wow, OP and r3, this is not Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2016 3:34 PM

She ain't a high yaller, I can tell ya that!

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2016 3:36 PM

When I was at a boys school in Sydney, we went on a safari through the outback. One night, we came upon a group of Aborigines around a campfire.

We sat with them. None of them spoke English and we didn't speak their language. So we communicated with charades-like sign language.

It was like stepping back in time, we thought condescendingly.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2016 3:42 PM

American whites are more African than she is.

That said, the antiquity of abos has generally been exaggerated by Australians. Genetics finds them to be part Devonian, so unlikely to have arrived longer than 25,000 years ago in Aussie-land.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2016 3:46 PM

Im stunned they had a campfire, r7.

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2016 3:47 PM

Does that mean they don't have to drink from the "coloreds only" water fountains?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2016 3:50 PM

[quote]It was like stepping back in time, we thought condescendingly.

I certainly hope you're not as condescending toward other cultures you don't understand now as you were then.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2016 3:56 PM

R11 You, apparently, remain quite condescending.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2016 5:08 PM

I'm still curious as to how the Abos had fire. Had another caravan of white people crossed recently?

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2016 5:19 PM

If your skin is black, you are BLACK (I'm looking at YOU East Indians) . Hell, most blacks at least in America, have brown skin, and they're black, so sit your black ass back down and go back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2016 6:08 PM

Isn't there a more politically correct term for the original Australians than "Aboriginies"?

Are they asking to be called something else? I mean, who wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2016 6:58 PM

OP, do you consider yourself to be "black?" Maybe an aspiring SJW? How embarrassing for the school you went to/attend.

Aussie Aboriginals, Melanesians, and "negrito" aboriginals are all "black." They're actually black Asians. They share more DNA with East Asians (and even more with Southeast Asians) and some Indians than Sub-Saharan Africans.

A large number of societies have their own concept of "black," and apply it accordingly to "undesirable" minority communities. They run the gamut from societies in Sub-Saharan Africa, to parts of India, to Russia, where Chechnyans are called "black.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2016 7:02 PM

Did OP learn somewhere that the concept of "black" was unique to, and began and ended with the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, or did some intrinsic flaw in reasoning lead him to make assumption?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2016 7:13 PM

Whatever the f2ck they are, they ain't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2016 7:15 PM

Has there ever been a good looking aboriginal? I Google image searched pretty aboriginal and handsome aboriginal and there was not one good looking person, save a few people who were not aboriginal and should not have come up in the search. If anyone knows of any, I'd like to see a pic.

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2016 8:27 PM

No r19 they all resemble trolls.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2016 9:20 PM

Is that Precious grandmamy?

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2016 9:57 PM

Johnathan Thurston is the closest I could find that would probably meet Datalounge's standards. I guess he would be the Shemar Moore of the Aborigines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2016 10:00 PM

Casey Conway is Aborigine. He's also gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2016 10:04 PM

This is Buzzfeed's list of hot Aborigines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2016 10:09 PM

Funny how every "hot" Aborigine ends up being at least 50% White.

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2016 10:39 PM

That guy Casey Conway looks hot. Is he Aboriginal, or Torres Strait Islander (Melanesian)? There's a dif.

Look---"beauty" is subjective, and the traits that people in the West find unattractive are unique to these people. It's how they look, and can't be changed.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2016 10:48 PM

Evonne Goolagong was pretty back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2016 11:07 PM

I know, right R25! Where are the hot full blooded aborigines? At least buzzfeed could have named a couple.

by Anonymousreply 28April 17, 2016 11:14 PM

The one on the far right is HOT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 17, 2016 11:29 PM

OP would have a nervous breakdown in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 30April 17, 2016 11:41 PM

How are abos compared to the rest of white Australia? Are they poor sad alcoholics living on reservations like our Canadians native Indians? ( I refuse to call them by some ridiculous PC term that Indians don't even want to be called, btw) Is there are a lot intermarriage with other races? What is there level of intelligence? An Aussie friend once told me they never had fir till the white man came, and some isolated tribes still can't make fire on their own , is that true? Are there lots of them lefdt, or did most of them die like Indians from disease and starvation? I heard in Tasmania they were driven to extinction, just like Canada did with the native Beothuk tribes on Newfoundland.

by Anonymousreply 31April 17, 2016 11:58 PM

OP anyone can she is not black, she looks quite pleasant and friendly without a huge chip on her shoulder nor does she have six children by six different baby daddies., and she probably was not a grandmother for the first time at the age of 23. Plus she's not pushing 300 lbs with a ratty old wig or weave, so definitely not black

This woman looks like someone I would like to sit and hear all about her life and cultural , bet she has a hundred different fascinating stories.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2016 12:08 AM

That was fucked up r32

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2016 12:15 AM

Here's another. I think their appearance varies from area to area in Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2016 1:28 AM

More Tjapukai guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2016 1:32 AM

There is definitely some relationship to Neanderthals. More DNA research needs to be done, it could unlock many mysteries of mankind's beginnings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2016 1:48 AM

I'll take both of those, thanks R35!

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2016 2:07 AM

When I was there I noticed more than a few of the children had blond hair.

Was that natural?

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2016 2:09 AM

[quote] Genetics finds them to be part Devonian

So they're from Devon, are they? Emigrated back when it was Devonshire?

Or are they from the Devonian period 400 million years ago?

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2016 2:10 AM

[Quote]When I was there I noticed more than a few of the children had blond hair.

Some of them have it, depending on the area those particular Aborigines are natives of. From what I've read, it's due to a mutation from thousands of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2016 2:21 AM

The Melanesians, who live in the islans areas just north of Australia, apparently have the same mutation in their children, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2016 2:31 AM

[quote]If your skin is black, you are BLACK (I'm looking at YOU East Indians)

No, East Indians, South Asians, Papua New Guinears, Melanesians, Micronesians, Polynesians and Aborigines may have dark skin, but they're not 'black' because they're not of African descent.

However, Levantine Arabs, Persians and people in Northern India can be called 'white' because they share the same genetics as Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2016 3:38 AM

Aborigine and African facial features are so different., most on that Buzzfeed would be seen as Asiatic. They look like people from South East Asia, places like the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and PNG.

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2016 3:43 AM

R42 Levantine Arabs, Persians and people in Northern India aren't generally called White because for the most part they aren't. What they are is Caucasian which is sometimes, not always, ignored.

But I wonder why Black should be exclusive to African people when we have another race that is as interrelated, as widespread geographically and as clearly fits the color?

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2016 4:11 AM

The word Melanesian comes from the Greek, meaning "black islands, so I think the inhabitants can be called black.

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2016 4:19 AM

Black and African-American are not interchangeable. Also, please don't use "Abo". It's used as a racial slur in Australia, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people certainly don't use it.

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2016 5:58 AM

That is Denesovian not Devonian.

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2016 6:06 AM

I've heard quite a few Aboriginal people describe themselves as black, and in the movie, Rabbit Proof Fence, they say it in that movie too.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2016 9:22 AM

It's Aboriginal. 'Abo' is an outdated and terribly offensive term.

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2016 11:29 AM

R42 does not know the difference between black and African, or the difference between white and Caucasian. These people are black, not African. And Indians are Caucasian, not white.

by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2016 12:43 PM

Casey Conway came out as gay and modeled for the book "Bondi Work". Does DL approve?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2016 12:52 PM

Johnathan Thurston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2016 12:57 PM

Conway says he encountered many forms of ignorance from within the gay community.

“There was a lot of casual racism. People would say things like, ‘You’re hot for an Aboriginal guy’ or ‘I’ve never been with a black guy’. I’d think, ‘You know that’s not a compliment?’.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2016 1:03 PM

She is black. Hate to burst the bubble of ignorant Americans that believe black is either super predator or good on the saxophone.

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2016 1:46 PM

Who are you to label people?

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2016 1:54 PM

To answer R15's question, my understanding is that indigenous Australians do not like to be called "Aborigines" (and certainly not "Abos", which is pretty much comparable to the "N-word" in the US). They prefer "Aboriginal people" or "Indigenous people" (with a cap on the I), so that it's an adjective and not seen to totally define an individual. Colloquially, many will happily refer to themselves as "blackfellas", but that's not a term another culture can appropriate.

To respond to OP - there is a skit comedy series, written by and starring Aboriginal performers, currently on Australian TV called "Black Comedy".

So on the whole, Aboriginal people do seem to be under the illusion they are black. I'm sure they'll be thrilled for Americans, whose culture goes back five minutes compared to their 40,000+ years, to sort them out on that, though.

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2016 2:48 PM

Mr Amini Fonua, half Tongan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2016 2:51 PM

Amini:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2016 2:52 PM

If your so dark that people think you're black, guess what? You're black.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2016 4:02 PM

R35 never heard of that people, but WOW!

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2016 4:09 PM

This young Aboriginal man (who also refers to himself and people as "Black") speaks of how the tragic past of Aboriginal treatment still affects their present life. He also explains it in a poem he wrote. There are many parallels between how his people were treated there, and how American Indians and African Americans were treated here in the USA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2016 5:49 PM

Of course there is similarities to Natives Americans and Aborigines. White people "conquering new worlds" while stealing, raping, pillaging and decimating the indigenous people with diseases.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2016 6:11 PM

Well, R48, in that case, the Aborigines are WRONG! They are not Black, even if that's what they call each other, they just don't know any better, that's not their fault, they are too primitive to grasp the subtle differences in race and skin tone. . But you ... you BIGOTS on here do know better, Aborigines are not Black, even if they think they are, got it , you cannot call the Blacks, or Abos, in the meanwhile, we'll form a committee to discuss an appropriate , non-triggering term that they can call themselves from now to avoid such appropriation of the word Black. I'm sure we will figure what to call them something out

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2016 7:52 PM

Has anyone told her there are Irishmen running around calling themselves "Black" as well? The Welsh are doing it too!

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2016 7:54 PM

Brenton Thwaites is part Aboriginal (I think).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2016 8:00 PM

OP..hon..they came from Africa..so yes, they ARE black.

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2016 8:10 PM

Well if that's the case we're all Black, if you trust the Theory of Evolution and the emergence of humans in the plains of Africa. Personally I always thought that sounded fishy....why was it just the intelligent and motivated ones developed the urge to move northwards and create civilizations?

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2016 8:50 PM

Why are we even discussing Abos?

by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2016 11:26 PM

[Quote]Brenton Thwaites is part Aboriginal (I think).

Well, something had better describe those caterpillar eyebrows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2016 11:51 PM

Indigenous Australians often refer to themselves as 'blackfellas',. A full blooded Indigenous Australian is as black as the blackest African, with skin that's almost blue-black. And if you call one an "Abo" in Australia, expect to be shunned by pretty much everyone outside of Paulin Hanson.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2016 11:56 PM

He looks like he's got some gypsy blood in him,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2016 11:57 PM

Every Australian I've ever known has said Abo.

by Anonymousreply 72April 19, 2016 12:01 AM

R67, pick up a world history book every now and again, hon.

by Anonymousreply 73April 19, 2016 12:21 AM

We're all Africans!

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2016 12:23 AM

Just some or more African than others .

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2016 12:36 AM

Black is more a figure head word used to describe a group of people who have been misused, exploited, abused by people who has institutionalized power. I am talking about your Irish people as well, you are considered the white trash of Europeans so technically you are black.

List of group of people considered black: African Americans, Africans, Native Americans, Japanese Americans, Eastern Europeans (mainly Armenians, Bosnaians, Albanians,) Latinos, Aborigines, Afro/Indian Brazilians, Irish, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indians, German Jews

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2016 3:11 AM

[quote][R42] does not know the difference between black and African, or the difference between white and Caucasian. These people are black, not African. And Indians are Caucasian, not white.

Let me put it in a way r50 and other single-digit IQ dolts can understand: Are the indigenous people of Australia, commonly referred to as 'Aborigines', of the same race as Africans and African-descended people in the Americas? NO, THEY ARE NOT!

So if you call them black, then it's fine to call Indians white because some have pale skin. Some East Asians have paler skin than white people so they must be white too. Aborigines, Melanesians and Micronesians form a different racial group, they have no connections whatsoever with Africa. And their features (facial bone structure , hair, etc) are radically different from the people most Black people.

by Anonymousreply 77April 19, 2016 3:50 AM

Asians are mongoloid; Europeans are Causcoid; Africans are Negroid; Aborigines are Austroloid. It's a unique, separate racial group.

by Anonymousreply 78April 19, 2016 3:54 AM

Why stop comparing them?

They're too good to be linked with Blacks now? What is it?

The way I see it, Blacks should be the ones complaining about being linked to these missing links who think a good way to spend the day is to sleep off last nights hangover in a puddle of their own shit and vomit.

by Anonymousreply 79April 19, 2016 3:57 AM

How many of you bitches have a " I got fucked by an aboriginal guy " story ? Well , I do ! We were in a youthful offender camp together and his dick was so big it looked like a frigging eggplant hanging there . He told me even whores wouldn't try to take it ,but I took one for our team , several times ! The last time he tore me so I never let him have it again . He was uglier than sin , but my God that cock was unbelievable .

by Anonymousreply 80April 19, 2016 4:15 AM

I meant to say hes now doing life for killing a lady during a robbery in 1990 . His parents were missionaries who adopted him when he was an infant . Super nice guy with major issues about looks and sex .

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2016 4:18 AM

Racism has truly messed up this world. The white man has done a job on people's minds and psyche.

by Anonymousreply 82April 19, 2016 4:37 AM

Geez another black idiot, who things blacks are more superior than any other dark skinned people. Just post a pic of you OP, so we all can have a laugh!

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2016 4:41 AM

[quote]Asians are mongoloid; Europeans are Causcoid; Africans are Negroid; Aborigines are Austroloid. It's a unique, separate racial group.

Why does every race (except blacks) get a "scientific" name with a geographical root? "Blacks" get a(n) (inaccurate) color.

by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2016 4:45 AM

some natives of Austronesia are naturally blond

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 19, 2016 4:47 AM

R84, cause it is difficult to put black people in one category. It has been studied and proven that Africans have the most genetic diversity of any group of people. You can have dark skin with "Cacuasian features" and not be mixed with Cacuasian blood. Also the Bushmen people from Africa look like they are Asians but have no Asian blood in them. Black people are the most diverse people on the planet.

Down below is picture of Bushmen people. Africa has so much diversity and the west will continue to lie and make people believe that everyone in Africa is monolithic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 19, 2016 5:24 AM

R77, every living person on the planet has a genetic connection to Africa.

African populations have the most genetic diversity because they are the original homo sapiens.

by Anonymousreply 87April 19, 2016 5:38 AM

[R77] If those Indians/Persians actually have Europeanish skin tone and features, then yes, pretty much anyone who doesn't have a Stormfront account would consider them White, regardless of what a genetic test would say. Likewise East Asians with pale skin and less pronounced ethnic features can and do "pass" every day.

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2016 5:59 AM

Aborigines don't even look like West Africans, which is generally what Americans mean when they say "black." WA people usually have fairly flat brow ridges, whereas Aborigines have the most prominent of any group. That is a pretty significant difference. Aborigines also seem to have much shorter noses and sometimes they naturally have blonde hair. There are other facial differences that I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2016 6:48 AM

I didn't realize people were discussing the blonde hair trait above, so what I said is redundant.

As for racial categories, a lot of the differentiating done is kind of lazy.

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2016 7:01 AM

Aborigines also have the bluest eyes I ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2016 7:03 AM

Very striking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 19, 2016 7:04 AM

Black Comedy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2016 10:40 AM

Maoris in New Zealand also refer to themselves as black. Just like Indians and Pakistanis used to be black in England as recently as the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2016 3:21 AM

At least you can usually tell when someone is lying about their ancestry. I still remember the Vancouver Olympics, when the "First Nations" representatives looked like a meeting of the Ottawa Shriners, complete with names like "John Smith"

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2016 4:27 AM

They still are, R94.

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2016 5:53 AM

I forgot, the brits prefer 'Afro-Caribbean' now.

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2016 6:33 AM

Ha ha, R32..you in danger, gurl...for telling it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 98April 20, 2016 7:00 AM

In Indian the northern states are considered to be a higher social chaste and it's progressively lower the further south anbd the darker the skin tones become. I Most of the Bollywood actors are from the northern states like Kashmir with almost European skin tones while in the south by the time you reach Sri Lanka there are almost "black" I work witha very spoiled girl from Kashmir originally , nice to me and most other colleagues, but our cleaning staff are all Sri Lankans and she considered them less than human, and won't even acknowledge their presence, God forbid she might accidentally touch one by mistake and have the "filth" rub off on her. I once told her to shut up about it because "you're all just a bunch of pakis in this country", she got the point.

On a side note the word Pakis as in Pakistani, is not derived from any race or even the name of a ancient Indus Valley civilization, it's an Acronym for "Punjab And Kashmiri Independent STAtes of Northern India , hence PAKISTANI and PAKISTAN, the acronym was meant as a temporary place holder till after the partition of British Indian, but the PAKIS never got around to giving the country a real name, at least Bangladesh managed that much ( East Pakistan was it's original name)

So Euro-whites do not have the monopoly on brutish superiority over darker races, same goes with the Japanese and the Koreans. China and everyone south of them, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burmese,Malays

by Anonymousreply 99April 20, 2016 7:14 AM

So the point of this thread is what ...?

"Aborge is the Not Black"?

by Anonymousreply 100April 20, 2016 7:17 AM

Sri Lanka is not in India. It is a different country.

by Anonymousreply 101April 20, 2016 7:23 AM

PAKISTAN means "land of the pure" in Persian. Pak means pure in Persian and Pasto, while Istan is the Persian word for place, derived from Sanskrit. It originated in 1933 by a Muslim activist to refer as an acronym to Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh and BaluchiSTAN, the five NW frontier regions of British India.

by Anonymousreply 102April 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Asians are very prejudiced regarding light skin = desirable/dark skin = undesirable. This has been a part of their culture since the beginning, centuries before they had any contact with Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 103April 20, 2016 2:44 PM

I'm pretty sure istan means shithole.

by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2016 2:44 PM

Who knew there were so many ethnography experts on DL?

by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2016 4:03 PM

There are quite a few educated people here, r105. We have occasional historical threads on DL and they're full of interesting information.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2016 4:05 PM

Supposedly the Chinese are the worst offenders among East Asians about equating skin color with beauty and social worth.

The Japanese aren't so much racists as snobs. They look down on other East Asians as loud, rude, and uncultured.

Koreans have been described as "the Irish of Asia," but they think the Irish are a bunch of sorry-ass drunks -- an Irish woman recently told of being rejected for a job teaching English and being given "the alcoholic nature of your kind" as the reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2016 4:19 PM

R106, I was being sarcastic re: all the pretense about knowing just which groups fall into which supposed ethnographic groups.

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2016 4:35 PM

Have the women in Niggeria are bleaching their faces white, it causes a lot if serious health issues, but if you could help me with a bank transfer from a Prince who is trying to help stamp out the problem, I'm sure we can make Black Beautiful Again, in Africa . So the one case of Race Oppressor you cannot blame on the white devils LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2016 4:45 PM

If the British hadn't landed in Australia first, it would've been the Chinese or the Japanese eventually. And if that had happened, there wouldn't be a single Aboriginal alive today.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2016 5:10 PM

That'sssss... outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2016 5:17 PM

"No, East Indians, South Asians, Papua New Guinears, Melanesians, Micronesians, Polynesians and Aborigines may have dark skin, but they're not 'black' because they're not of African descent.

However, Levantine Arabs, Persians and people in Northern India can be called 'white' because they share the same genetics as Europeans."

What the shit is this^^^?

Not everything in this world revolves around the dominant "racial" identities in America, white and black.

Are you semi-literate, in addition to being stupid? The concept of a "black race" did not originate with the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Different societies have their own concepts of "black" and "white." Aboriginals are most definitely the black people in Australia. Sub-Saharan Africans are the black people of Mauritania. Chechens are the black people of Russia. The list goes on...

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2016 2:45 AM

"So if you call them black, then it's fine to call Indians white because some have pale skin. Some East Asians have paler skin than white people so they must be white too. Aborigines, Melanesians and Micronesians form a different racial group, they have no connections whatsoever with Africa. And their features (facial bone structure , hair, etc) are radically different from the people most Black people."

I know it's difficult for people like you who have never traveled outside of the shithole you were raised in, let alone the country, but there's a great, big world out there. Aboriginal Aussies are black black black. More specifically, they are the blacks of Asia, and the black majority in Australia. The fact that we use the word "black" interchangeably with "African-American" has no bearing on this.

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2016 2:58 AM

"You can have dark skin with "Cacuasian features" and not be mixed with Cacuasian blood. "

Which group(s) are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2016 3:01 AM

[quote]The fact that we use the word "black" interchangeably with "African-American" has no bearing on this.

It has all the bearing on this. OP's original post was meant to differentiate between American blacks and Australian "blacks".

by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2016 3:54 AM

R113 you might see East Indians who look white, but there are none who are paler than white people. Mediterraneans don't count, they're barely white.

by Anonymousreply 116April 21, 2016 5:00 AM

So Aborigines, who are genetically further removed from Africans than they are from Asians, should be called black, while Indians, Arabs and Persians who are all essentially caucasian cannot be white? Stupid logic. They are not black because they are not the same race as the people we refer to as black. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 117April 21, 2016 2:39 PM

She ain't being invited to my paper bag party!

by Anonymousreply 118April 21, 2016 2:45 PM

[quote]Aboriginal Aussies are black black black. More specifically, they are the blacks of Asia, and the black majority in Australia.

Are they the same race as Oprah? No, they are not.

by Anonymousreply 119April 21, 2016 2:56 PM

they're South Pacific "schvartzes."

by Anonymousreply 120April 21, 2016 3:12 PM

It seems very little is known about their languages, which should have been just as diverse or more so than in New Guinea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 21, 2016 4:36 PM

R116 Actually people who are just as pale as Europeans are very common in Afghanistan and the regions around it, enough for it to not be a class marker. In the rest of India, Mediterranean looks tend to mean you're upper class because you have to be descended from the Central Asian/Persian Caucausian conquerors.

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2016 6:12 PM

When Australians say black, they mean aborigines, not those who originated in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2016 7:33 PM

Let's not pretend there's any logic to white and black. It was created to separate groups. In the US, when The Irish and the Italians came, they were NOT considered white.

Indians are caucasians but not considered white.

In the US, there was the black/white divide. Then other ethnic groups that didn't fit into those categories grew and demanded their own categories. So now you have Asians, Latinos, and American Indians as ethnicities and Black and White as race.

A confusing mess.

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2016 7:36 PM

A little musical interlude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2016 8:46 PM

Is DL fave Brenton Thwaites related to her?

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2016 10:43 PM

"So Aborigines, who are genetically further removed from Africans than they are from Asians, should be called black, while Indians, Arabs and Persians who are all essentially caucasian cannot be white? Stupid logic. They are not black because they are not the same race as the people we refer to as black. Simple."

Uh, they are the race that is referred to as black in Australia.

Newsflash---the people who matter in America think of Persians and Arabs as white (re: "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa"). All Persians, most Arabs (fairly large percentage of Indians) view themselves as white. They see themselves on a continuum with Germanic and Gaelic types all the wayyyy on the other end.

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2016 11:12 PM

^^^That should be "and a fairly large percentage of Indians..."

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2016 11:13 PM

Dot or feather ?

by Anonymousreply 129April 22, 2016 1:12 AM

I love you, R129.

by Anonymousreply 130April 22, 2016 1:44 AM

[quote]Newsflash---the people who matter in America think of Persians and Arabs as white

Um, no. White people view Arabs/North Africans/Indians as a separate race. Technically they are "Caucasian," but as far as whites are concerned they are not.

by Anonymousreply 131April 22, 2016 1:52 AM

We are all Africans (even the dingos)

by Anonymousreply 132April 22, 2016 2:17 AM

Scrolling past it, I just figured it was an old eggplant with a hat on.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2016 2:24 AM

"Um, no. White people view Arabs/North Africans/Indians as a separate race. Technically they are "Caucasian," but as far as whites are concerned they are not."

Ummm, yes. I'm white. And I consider them just one kind of white.

All of the Greeks and Armenians I know consider Levantine Arabs and Persians to be more Eastern Meds----definiely white.

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2016 2:25 AM

Those are "off-whites" and are so 2014. , darling, the season it's all "uber-whites"

by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2016 2:26 AM

[quote] Those are "off-whites" and are so 2014. , darling, the season it's all "uber-whites"

On DL the term is white adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2016 2:52 AM

[quote]Ummm, yes. I'm white. And I consider them just one kind of white.

Well then you must be the only one. Show a picture of an Indian or Saudi to a white person and ask them "is this dude white?" and they will say "no."

'White-adjacent' is a good term.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2016 2:58 AM

Hell, they even decide which dudes are hot,

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2016 3:12 AM

A good example of white adjacent is part-time actor and Ponzi schemer Freddie Smith.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2016 3:43 AM

[quote] 'White-adjacent' is a good term.

Which white (or white adjacent) men have yellow skin?

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2016 4:05 AM

[quote]All Persians, most Arabs (fairly large percentage of Indians) view themselves as white. They see themselves on a continuum with Germanic and Gaelic types all the wayyyy on the other end.

That's quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2016 12:22 PM

Casey Kasem, Donna Shalala, Ralph Nader, Shannon Elizabeth, Kathy Najimy, Hoda Kotb, Tony Shalhoub, Doug Flutie, John Abizaid, John Sununu, John Zogby, Paul Anka, Dean Obeidallah, ... all Arab American, all WHITE!

Arabs, Persians, North Indians are the same race are Europeans. Aborigines are an entirely different race from people of African origin.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Thank you for the racial clarity, Dr. Ludwig Ferdinand Clauss R142. I can sleep easier knowing.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2016 1:51 PM

[quote]Arabs, Persians, North Indians are the same race are Europeans.

Scientifically, they are caucasians. But they're not "white." It's like a mestizo Mexican and a Spaniard are technically both Spanish, but not really.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2016 3:45 PM

Mestizos (or rather Natives) and Spaniards are much, much further genetically from each other than the Eurasian ethnicities are.

But I agree in that if those Asian Cauacasians are light skinned they're White, if dark skinned then not. But then I think Spaniards and Italians are white too.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2016 4:02 PM

The very hot guy who played Crixus on STARS' "Spartacus" was a Maori from New Zealand. Apparently they are Polynesians and not related to native Australias.

"Race" is an artificial construct, anyway. It is whatever we agree it is.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2016 4:41 PM

Here's Crixus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2016 4:46 PM

Uh, no.

Other way around.

Arabs are "white," but not Caucasian. Because their people didn't come from the Caucauses.

Hence, the term Semite, and the rationalization for Jews, some of the pastiest from Europe, being called non-whites

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2016 4:58 PM

Only Spaniards are technically Spanish.

In some neighborhoods, colloquially, Puerto Ricans are "Spanish.

But technically, Spaniards are Spanish, and Mexicans are Mexican, white or mestizo.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Bizarre logic on this thread. People are hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 150April 23, 2016 4:04 AM

It's called white racism, r150. All whites are born with this disease of the mind and the only cure is to get "woke" but most of the fags here seem to love keeping the disease in their heads. Sad but the world moves on, thankfully, without them.

by Anonymousreply 151April 23, 2016 4:16 AM

[quote] Scientifically, they are caucasians. But they're not "white." It's like a mestizo Mexican and a Spaniard are technically both Spanish, but not really.

There are so many wrong things with this post.

by Anonymousreply 152April 23, 2016 11:42 AM

You realise that Aborigines routinely refer to themselves as black, right?

by Anonymousreply 153April 23, 2016 11:46 AM

How do you know she's a woman? that could be a trans man.

by Anonymousreply 154April 23, 2016 11:53 AM

What are Brenton Thwaites and Lincoln Lewis or for that matter Anthony Recker?

by Anonymousreply 155April 23, 2016 11:58 AM

This is the most Abos have been discussed in all of history.

by Anonymousreply 156April 23, 2016 12:30 PM

[quote]You realise that Aborigines routinely refer to themselves as black, right?

Your point? So do Maoris, who happen to be Polynesian like Hawaiians.

by Anonymousreply 157April 23, 2016 4:30 PM

Polynesians have that weird freckle thing going on. What's that about.

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2016 5:52 PM

OP, is that Harriet Tubman?

by Anonymousreply 159April 23, 2016 6:39 PM

I can't believe I"m even participating in this thread, it's such troll bait, but aren't Indians and Middle Eastern Arabs Asian, and not Caucasian? They are in South Asia, ere go...Asian? Just like some Russians have distinctly Mongolian/Asian features, because they are right next to outer Mongolia (Mongolia-adjacent?), and can be considered part (albeit a very small part) Asian.

by Anonymousreply 160April 23, 2016 7:07 PM

[quote]ere go

by Anonymousreply 161April 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Odd ear

by Anonymousreply 162April 23, 2016 10:11 PM

Arabs are white.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2016 3:17 AM

Arabs are not white. Caucasoid, yes, but not white.

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2016 3:18 AM

Arabs are hot. Most Mediterranean countries have a good load of hot men. IMO of course.

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2016 3:22 AM

That Black is Not Woman !

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2016 3:22 AM

Whites and Arabs are both Caucasians. Kind of in the same way that a Rolls Royce and a Ford Pinto are both cars.

by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2016 3:33 AM

This woman is ON Crack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2016 3:33 AM

Arabs, being Caucasian, are the same race as Europeans. Aborigines are Australoid, not Negroid, therefore not the same race as Africans.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2016 3:45 AM

If Arabs aren't Black why do Israelis call them Sandn###rs?

by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2016 3:50 AM

Someone made a documentary called 'Not Quite White'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2016 3:55 AM

The biggest revelation here is at r142. I learned that hoda kotb is white.

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2016 8:06 PM

She's white, r172.

by Anonymousreply 173April 25, 2016 2:59 PM

Hoda Kotb is of Egyptian ancestry. Therefore, not white.

by Anonymousreply 174April 25, 2016 3:00 PM

Omar Sharif was all Egyptian, and white.

by Anonymousreply 175April 25, 2016 5:18 PM

There are perfectly White Egyptians and perfectly Black Egyptians. Hoda Kotb is neither, leaning toward Black.

by Anonymousreply 176April 25, 2016 5:39 PM

I've never seen a white Egyptian.

by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2016 6:10 PM

I personally know several and they are "whiter" than many Greeks.

by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2016 7:03 PM

Sure you do, r178.

by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2016 7:57 PM

Some Copts wouldn't look out of place in Marseille, some Greeks wouldn't look out of place in Baghdad. I'm guessing you've never travelled, R179.

by Anonymousreply 180April 25, 2016 8:40 PM

I met a marvellous family in Tashkent who look like Boston Brahmins. Have you never been to Central Asia, dear? Princess Michael of Kent insisted I go and it's divine. Then south through the "stans", and all the Isolated pockets of Aryan beauties, more perfect than the overlords of Shangri-La!

Do go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 25, 2016 9:11 PM

I guessing r181 is another locked in time Alzheimer's patient. Do gay men have a predisposition for Alzheimer's?

by Anonymousreply 182April 25, 2016 9:56 PM

Egyptian soccer team. They're white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2016 3:02 AM

North Africans are white. Check out this Algerian "gay Imam".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2016 3:04 AM

He doesn't look very white to me. More Arabic.

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2016 3:14 AM

The lead singer of this Lebanese band is openly gay. People from Lebanon are Arab and they look white to me. Whiter than many Italian Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 2, 2016 3:10 PM

Hoda is not African-American, but she's probably been assumed to be so for much of her life.

by Anonymousreply 187May 2, 2016 8:10 PM

The Lebanese band members are white.

by Anonymousreply 188May 3, 2016 2:59 AM

I wonder if OP is still posting here.

by Anonymousreply 189February 27, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote]Asians are mongoloid; Europeans are Causcoid; Africans are Negroid; Aborigines are Austroloid. It's a unique, separate racial group.

[quote]Why does every race (except blacks) get a "scientific" name with a geographical root? "Blacks" get a(n) (inaccurate) color.

I've also pondered this.

by Anonymousreply 190February 28, 2018 12:25 AM

This is a funny thread.

Thanks for the LOLs, blind people!

by Anonymousreply 191March 1, 2018 7:24 AM

What continent is Egypt on R187 ?

by Anonymousreply 192March 1, 2018 8:55 AM

No, she is black, she's just not of African descent.

by Anonymousreply 193March 1, 2018 9:32 AM

The OP is Billy D. (I'm not black) Williams.

by Anonymousreply 194March 1, 2018 9:33 AM

Keep her away from the Bottle Shop, for everyone's sake.

by Anonymousreply 195March 1, 2018 9:35 AM

"Black" is not a race. Black is a color. The term has been used in more modern times to lump multiple races into one group.

For Americnsa being black does not automatically mean you're African American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 1, 2018 9:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!