Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Legends of Tomorrow - Part 2 : Forward to the Past

Continue your love of all things ColdWave.

by Anonymousreply 532April 17, 2021 9:50 PM

I just watched the cowboy episode online. Was it leaked or did it air early?

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2016 7:25 AM

It aired early in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2016 8:01 AM

R1 For real? Was it good?

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2016 11:15 AM

I think the Cowboy episode is pretty good and I am not much of a LoT fan.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2016 1:55 PM

R3 I thought it was one of the strongest ones so far, but maybe that's because I was looking forward to seeing Dominic in a cowboy hat.

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2016 2:16 PM

Johnathan Schaech was a great Jonah Hex even though he whispered all of his lines.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2016 10:53 PM

is the cowboy episode the one that's airing tonight, and it got aired early in canada?

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2016 12:41 AM

Tomorrow night, R7. You're a day off.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2016 1:07 AM

oops lol thanks R8

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2016 1:08 AM

great, cowboys are one of my kinks so i'm gonna go stream that now, thanks R1 and thanks canada lol

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2016 1:21 AM

so, they're gonna have to save their younger selves now?

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2016 11:44 PM

i loved when sarah drank mick under the table, and it showed her kicking ass while he was passed out.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2016 2:10 AM

I actually fell asleep during the episode.

I'm wondering if I'm going to continue, because I really don't feel like I missed anything.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2016 2:16 AM

What is with that no-talent picket-fence-teeth grease-face skunk-hair thing? Someone among the producers fucking her?

Because she looks like something limping out of the Cooter Corner/Wichita Gentleman's Club after the night shift ends.

Ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2016 2:19 AM

R14 i have no clue who you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2016 5:42 AM

I liked this episode, it had a lot of comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2016 6:19 AM

R15 i think he meant the actress who plays Kendra

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2016 9:08 AM

Sara was really fun. Also, mad-swag Sheriff Ray was hot.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2016 10:48 AM

Also, that was certainly absolutely anything like the Doctor Who episode "A Town Called Mercy." Nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2016 10:58 AM

How did they make an episode with cowboys and JONAH FUCKING HEX so boring? Jonah didn't do anything!

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2016 10:42 PM

Cowboy Sheriff Ray Palmer was DAMNED SEXY!!!!!!!! Brandon Routh was HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, Sara mentioned dating many men... She's not a Lez... "Bisexual".

Wenty looked sexy in his cowboy hat, too.

JONATHAN even made Jonah Hex kinda hot as well.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2016 10:50 PM

Spell-checked "fixed" JOHNATHON's fucked up name.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2016 10:51 PM

Apparently Tumblr read a lot of romantic subtext into Rip's interactions with Hex. Which now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of see.

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2016 10:43 AM

Yes, it seemed like Jonah was the reason why Rip was loving living in the Old West and did not want to leave.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2016 12:14 PM

that was a nice moment mick had with his younger self in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2016 4:54 AM

Yeah, but still a kind of meh episode. I'm barely hanging in there.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2016 6:17 AM

That was... weird.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2016 7:16 AM

How nice of Ab Fab's Claudia Bing to take some time off to run an orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2016 8:52 AM

I know a show about time travel is going to be illogical, but could they at least be consistent about it?

I know perfectly well why Kendra and Ray should annoy me, but I honestly can't help but like them together.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2016 11:08 AM

Come with me if you want to live

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2016 8:53 AM

The show is horrible but I can't stop watching it. I really do like all the actors on it. I just wish it was better written. The only person I can't stand is the actor who plays Rip Hunter. He's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2016 1:08 PM

I have to admit, for a show that's usually pretty cheap on its special effects, seeing the Pilgrim freeze the heroes mid-attack was pretty cool looking.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2016 1:23 PM

R32, that scene was awesome. Even better was how the show resolved it by using the younger Rip. "Did you forget me, miss?" *STAB*

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2016 6:15 PM

R33 That whole scene was meant for comic geeks. Those frozen "fighting" poses look like what you would see in comic book panels. And the way they started panning slowly around and then give an overhead view of the battle was really a treat for comic book readers. But unfortunately, the show continues to make no sense at all. I will be glad when this run is over and they can retool the show. The only one I want back next season is Sara. Captain Cold and Heatwave are so one note on this show, and these writers don't really know what to do with them. Let them go back to being villains on the Flash. The rest are just forgettable. I say let Savage kill them off.

by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2016 12:15 AM

R34 There's no way cold & Heatwave to be villains on the Flash again. At this point, I'm not sure if they even remember who the Flash is since neither of them talked about him ever again. I know this is probably the LOT producer's fault who want to do nothing with the Flash so that's why they only bring Arrow actors or references on LOT.

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2016 12:20 AM

R35 When L:oT gets canceled, I'll bet Cold & Heatwave will go straight back to the Flash.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2016 3:12 AM

any chance the character to be 'killed off' in the season finale will be Cold now that Len Snart is slated for the movie?

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2016 5:36 AM

R37 What do you mean? Does he have to die in the series because they're making a movie (with other actors, I assume) ?

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2016 11:11 AM

[quote]any chance the character to be 'killed off' in the season finale will be Cold now that Len Snart is slated for the movie?

They've not killed off Barry.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2016 11:18 AM

R38 I don't recall Snart being slated to be in a movie. But DC Movie and TV are in different "universe", so it shouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2016 6:59 PM

Glad to see Heatwave finally put a ring on it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2016 11:59 AM

I agree with most of everything said at R31 except I like the Rip Hunter character but cannot stand the Prison Break guys. I like Miller and Purcell as actors, but I really hate those characters. Also with the actors who play Jefferson and Wally West does the CW have a quota for British black actors?

by Anonymousreply 42April 29, 2016 1:23 PM

[R41] is from tumblr, I saw that gifset too #dccoldwave

by Anonymousreply 43April 29, 2016 2:21 PM

R43 Actually, I'm not on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 44April 29, 2016 3:03 PM

R44 Well I thought everyone who posts here is from tumblr based on the fact that they notice things that normal viewers don't, like snart's ring, I didn't even notice this thing, tumblr did.

by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2016 7:51 PM

How are they going to pad this out for three more episodes, given last night's episode sure felt like a season finale/climax, until they completely artificially failed to actually end things.

The writing on this show is truly shitty.

by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2016 8:12 PM

R46 What's worse is that they saved Savage for the sake of saving the mind of stupid Carter. Kendar dear, that "mind" is not worth saving. Be happy with "genius" Ray.

by Anonymousreply 47April 29, 2016 8:32 PM

And wouldn't Carter just reincarnate eventually anyway?

Probably several times between his death in the first episode and when he appeared in the 22nd century?

by Anonymousreply 48April 29, 2016 8:40 PM

R48 Don't ask unanswerable questions! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2016 9:14 PM

No, if Vandal Savage is killed, Kendra and Carter stop reincarnating.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2016 12:02 AM

White Canary and Hawkgirl are the only reasons to watch this show. The men are subpar.

by Anonymousreply 51April 30, 2016 12:12 AM

Hawkgirl is one of the worst things about the show. I hope they kill Savage and Hawkguy and Hawkgirl go away.

by Anonymousreply 52April 30, 2016 12:16 AM

I hate that Firestorm hardly ever merges. If you have superpowers, use them.

by Anonymousreply 53April 30, 2016 12:40 AM

They used all their money on the giant robot.

by Anonymousreply 54April 30, 2016 12:41 AM

Trouble in the DC movie land: The Flash Movie Director Seth Grahame-Smith Leaves Over 'Creative Differences'

The movie's not opening until 2018 so nothing to worry about yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 30, 2016 12:49 AM

[quote]The movie's not opening until 2018 so nothing to worry about yet.

Given the state of their movie universe, I would say it would, in fact, be something to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2016 12:54 AM

R56, possibly but then again sometimes it's better to swap directors before the production gets too far. Just look at Ant-Man.

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2016 1:00 AM

If they gave firestorm the powers he had in the comics...I mean he could re-arrange matter. here he just shoots fire...heatwave does that.

by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2016 1:07 AM

That Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man thing was a disappointment, but the people behind the scenes have a proven track record. DC, and by DC I mean Zack Snyder, does not.

by Anonymousreply 59April 30, 2016 1:08 AM

So, when Ray grew to giant size, exactly how big was his cock? Issues like these need to be addressed!

by Anonymousreply 60April 30, 2016 4:26 AM

Giant Ray may have been large enough to satisfy even Mrs. Patrick Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 61April 30, 2016 8:57 AM

So neither Rip nor Gideon knew about Vandal's secret weapon, a giant robot? Because yeah, a giant robot sure can slip through all the cracks to remain unnoticed by the likes of the Timemasters and the media with their wittness reports? What a gimmicky twist.

by Anonymousreply 62April 30, 2016 9:32 AM

Why can't the fangirls see how gay Went is playing Cold? They keep talking about how hot he and Sara are for each other while fingering themselves.

by Anonymousreply 63April 30, 2016 9:34 PM

R63 Where exactly do you see those comemnts cuz all I see are fangirls who keep talking about how married Lenny & Mick are & that Mick gave him a ring & stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 64April 30, 2016 10:48 PM

Previously TV, mostly. I think they're older than the Tumblr crowd.

by Anonymousreply 65April 30, 2016 10:52 PM

The giant battle was awesome!! I continue to be impressed by their special effects and their huge sets.

This show continues to bring the excitement and fun every time, although it was the height of stupidity that freaking Hawk girl couldn't seal the deal. Fuck Carter. They've had how many damn lifetimes together? That's still not enough for her??

Both The Flash and LOT are great.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2016 10:30 PM

R66 I am sure they spent a lot on special effect for the robot but it just not very exciting to fight a giant robot. I prefer the Pilgrim fight the week before. It really had a comic book feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2016 4:12 AM

I was distracted by the sight of Carter's nipples.

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2016 4:51 PM

I can't believe they killed off Carter and kept Jefferson.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2016 4:54 PM

Carter has a nice body, but he doesn't have a very attractive face and he is, if possible, a weaker actor even than Jax.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2016 5:08 PM

Carter is Streep compared to Jax. And he has a very masculine face, which is hot.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2016 5:12 PM

He looks like Nick Blood from Agents of Shield/Marvel's Most Wanted hit with the ugly stick.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2016 5:17 PM

R72 is headless.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2016 5:30 PM

They've put out casting notices for characters that sound a LOT like Bart Allen and Lady Blackhawk. I especially approve of the latter.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2016 1:22 PM

I am more interested in which characters are going bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2016 8:47 PM

They could off Hawkman and Hawkgirl any time, put Ray back on Arrow and add in three new ones.

by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2016 2:00 AM

The Hawks and Savage need to go. No one cares about their love/hate triangle.

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2016 9:00 PM

Captain Cold and White Canary kiss in the trailers for next week. Guess that's that. Poor Wentworth, no one listened to him even after all the gaying it up he did for the last year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 78May 6, 2016 3:08 AM

Another boring show with ridiculously stupid plotting and character moments. As if Atom would open up the cell like that. JESUS. And that twist at the end? Who didn't see THAT coming a mile away...

by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2016 4:59 AM

R78 i don't like the "captain canary" ship, and i think they should just remain friends, but wentworth did say he was playing cold as pansexual, not gay, so technically they aren't going against his wishes by having him kiss sara.

by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Oh please R80, they are absolutely going against his wishes if they never mention his "pansexuality" on screen and never give him anything but female love interests.

Wentworth also said he thinks all superheroes should be gay. He probably asked the writers to make Cold pansexual so he would get to play something other than straight 100% of the time, but they couldn't even give him that much, it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2016 5:51 AM

I also don't like Snart and Sara together, but I don't think they'll seriously pair them up. It's probably a moment right before they're about to risk their lives, and it's clear that they genuinely care about each other while also sucking at communication so she shows him she cares the only way she knows how: physically. Hopefully it doesn't feel romantic because the thought of them being cute feels really misplaced.

I think he sees her like a badass little sister, a Lisa replacement. He's fascinated by her but he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her. Also as someone pointed out, Wentworth has clearly been playing him as anything but straight.

by Anonymousreply 82May 6, 2016 8:16 AM

I hope so r82. Pairing Sara with Snart, when they've been pretty clear about her attraction to women, would be depressing and turning Snart into a conventional hetero romantic partner doesn't fit him either as has been said

by Anonymousreply 83May 6, 2016 8:24 AM

The Snart/Sara friendship was the most genuine portrayal of friendship between a male and a female character in Flarrowverse. It's actually baffling that m/f friendship is so rare on these shows, like everyone has to hook up all the time. I hope they don't ruin it.

Also, Mick/Len is writing itself, I don't understand why the producers (Guggenheim?) can go with the flow when straight couples seem "organic" (Felicity and Oliver), but they can't roll with LGBT pairings which are bursting with chemistry and would actually make sense.

by Anonymousreply 84May 6, 2016 8:39 AM

The show runner and writers refer to them as an old married couple.

by Anonymousreply 85May 6, 2016 8:51 AM

R81 dude, i want him to be kissing boys on screen as much as anyone, but i have very low expectations that, that will ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 86May 6, 2016 8:56 AM

Has Wentworth ever played a gay character? I think he's one of the rare examples of a gay actor who didn't start getting typecast as a queen after coming out.

by Anonymousreply 87May 6, 2016 9:03 AM

So, the twist is that Legends of Tomorrow is an even bigger Doctor Who rip off than everybody thought?

by Anonymousreply 88May 6, 2016 9:07 AM

R87 He played gay very early on in his career, maybe five lines as a flamboyant hairdresser on some drama series (I remember because I looked it up when he came out.) He was flaming on popular but that character might have been straight, I don't remember. He was sassy though.

by Anonymousreply 89May 6, 2016 9:08 AM

Also I haven't watched Arrow or The Flash, but what's up with Sara's romantic life? A couple of episodes ago she fell in love with a nurse, who she still dreams of at night years later (since she was left behind for two years.) In this episode we got a flashback to what I understood to be the great love of her life? Next up she's kissing Snart. And was she also in a relationship with Arrow?

I enjoy this show and I love her character, but I don't really get her dating history.

by Anonymousreply 90May 6, 2016 9:30 AM

It's called bisexuality, r90

by Anonymousreply 91May 6, 2016 9:34 AM

R91 no such thing as bisexuality!!!!

Seriously tho, it has been stated pretty clearly that she's bi, what's there not to get. Although I always thought she leaned more towards girls romantically and just hooked up with guys

by Anonymousreply 92May 6, 2016 10:21 AM

R91 I get that she's bisexual. I just don't see why being bisexual has to mean that you'll literally bang everyone. Can't we have a bisexual character who's not a total slut for once.

by Anonymousreply 93May 6, 2016 10:37 AM

[quote]Can't we have a bisexual character who's not a total slut for once.

Not when you slut shame them.

by Anonymousreply 94May 6, 2016 10:42 AM

God, they are like the worst heroes ever.

by Anonymousreply 95May 6, 2016 11:29 AM

What the hell, how is she banging everyone? She had a few serious relationships, a mild crush on the nurse and is friends with Len (not confirmed that they're going anywhere with it). Oliver Queen is more of a slut and he's not even bisexual

by Anonymousreply 96May 6, 2016 11:29 AM

OMG, what a mess!!

How the hell are they gonna get out of it this time?

Jefferson is gonna be the one to come to their rescue, I imagine.

Do we know for a fact that some are going to be leaving the show or is it just wishful thinking here?

by Anonymousreply 97May 6, 2016 3:57 PM

Sara might be bi but her greatest love so far has been Nyssa.

The kiss with Snart doesn't look like anything more than a friendly peck among friends. Sort of reassurance before they go out and put their lives on the line..... again.

by Anonymousreply 98May 6, 2016 4:02 PM

R86 he doesn't have to suck cock on screen to be pansexual or bisexual. He could just have a throwaway line about an ex-boyfriend and that's all it would take for it to be canon and an LGBT character.

R98 you're adorable, but the person who wrote the episode is Marc Guggenheim, the person who with his writing partner Wendy Mericles is almost completely responsible for the Olicity trainwreck on Arrow. Let's be realistic here. They're going to happen and these writers have declined Wentworth Miller's vision for Captain Cold as something other than completely heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 99May 6, 2016 5:53 PM

R99, I disagree, he MUST suck cock on screen. Preferably RIGHT NOW.

by Anonymousreply 100May 6, 2016 7:15 PM

How is the Atom smart enough to invent the Atom suit but so goddamn stupid that he let Vandal Savage out because of a few stinging one liners?

by Anonymousreply 101May 6, 2016 7:33 PM

[quote]So, the twist is that Legends of Tomorrow is an even bigger Doctor Who rip off than everybody thought?

R88, I thought the exact same thing when the one Time Lord... oops, Time Master... announced to let Savage go and have him be returned to Earth. So now the Time Masters are actually bad guys? But to what purpose?

by Anonymousreply 102May 7, 2016 12:09 AM

uhh probably because if there is no Savage the time stream is changed...

by Anonymousreply 103May 7, 2016 1:01 AM

R103 I don't mean to be an asshole but did you not see the last episode? They explained that Savage himself had tampered with the time stream and that's why Rip brought him to the Vanishing Point, because that would mean the Time Masters would want to take out Savage themselves.

by Anonymousreply 104May 7, 2016 6:00 AM

i saw on tumblr that there's a drinking game where you take a drink every time rip says something you don't care about. i'd get alcohol poisoning after just one episode lol

by Anonymousreply 105May 7, 2016 11:59 AM

R104 I saw it I didn't say damaged I said changed. Kind of like Galactis Marvel - he has to exists.

by Anonymousreply 106May 7, 2016 12:24 PM

I'm ugly laughing so fucking hard right now.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2016 3:13 AM

Didn't expect Cold to bite it. But they will probably get another version of him in there somehow.

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2016 4:14 AM

Yeah, kill off one of the good characters, and leave the others. ugh.

Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2016 5:14 AM

Apparently he is contracted for another year for the "Berlanti/Arrow-verse" so he will be seen on all three (four, now?) shows to equal a full season of LoT

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2016 6:26 AM

Not having him on The Flash has really hurt that show, so I'm glad he's going to be there in some capacity.

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2016 7:01 AM

Great, another heartbreak for Sara (I've been trying to catch up with her story)

Maybe they felt the need to straighten out Cold's character a bit so to speak, seeing as it was getting a little too precious with Mick and the ring story. And also giving in to fanfare, I suppose.

I'm bummed that we didn't get to see Cold go gay. For a supposedly pansexual character, there was a lot of him kissing women (or being kissed, if you want to be technical about it)

by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2016 7:26 AM

Can someone explain to me why it seems like Berlanti & Co. are bound and determined to make fans hate and not watch their shows?

Are they just tired of working on these shows or what?

by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2016 7:32 AM

i never watch previews so i was dreading the sara/snart kiss, but i do have to admit that it did work in the context of the scene, and wasn't nearly as cringeworthy as i thought it would be, even though i wish they hadn't done that.

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2016 7:50 AM

I actually don't mind the kiss (which felt like a heartfelt goodbye) as much as the "future for you and me" speech, which felt lame. I'm pretending he meant as criminal partners in a "cute" way, because the thought of them settling with each other romantically feels out of character. At least in the kiss she was the one "stealing one" from him, and not the other way like she insinuated.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2016 8:07 AM

Maybe they are trying to get one of their most popular characters to work some magic across the board. Returning him back to the Flash where he has been missed and possibly causing a stir on Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2016 8:49 AM

Heteronormativity at last!

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2016 10:38 AM

Also, did they really have to ape Age of Ultron's Pinocchio reference?

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2016 10:39 AM

I guess I didn't catch that references, R118.

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed about the killing of Snart. Really kind of pissed at the whole show for a whole number of reasons, actually.

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2016 1:58 PM

Maybe they knew that Supergirl was heading to the CW and see that Arrow's ratings are in a freefall after they killed the Black Canary and hoped Cold could work a little magic like R116 says. But to be honest, from everything they're saying this morning on Deadline and E!, it kind of sounds like Miller just didn't think this was a very good premise for a show and decided to throw them a bone by being in it for a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2016 3:17 PM

It sucks about Snart for sure but I look forward to seeing him on Flash again. Maybe even on Supergirl now.

That kiss was totally cringeworthy and uncomfortable to watch. Yuck. There was no love or even caring to it. If Caity's lips had been any further away from the rest of her face they would've been back in 2016😛

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2016 4:02 PM

[quote]Not having him on The Flash has really hurt that show, so I'm glad he's going to be there in some capacity.

Not really. I can't stand watching LoT so I don't even really remember he used to appear in The Flash. I don't hate Miller at all but he's so over the top with Snart that it's a bit embarrassing to watch at times. It's the same with Mark Hamill. That said I don't mind him returning to The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2016 4:10 PM

R121 A kiss to forget. Is Snart really dead? It's quite easy to make some shit up like he was throw back in time to 2016 with no recollection of this LoT crap.

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2016 6:46 PM

[quote]I guess I didn't catch that references, [R118].

He feyed "There are no strings on me" to the Time Master goons.

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Wentworth Miller is a horrible actor? I mean how much overacting can one person take? His enunciation was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2016 12:48 AM

Ciara Renee posting at R125.

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2016 3:09 AM

I don't know who that is...r126

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2016 1:12 PM

Goodness, this is a terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2016 4:25 PM

I'll watch to the finale... but I don't know if I'm going to watch next season.

Maybe if they do some MASSIVE retooling, I'll check it out and decide then, but right now I'm not inclined to.

It's so very bad.

by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2016 5:30 PM

R129 Don't know any retooling can help. It could be redone as more like a US version of Dr. Who. The biggest problem right now is having too many characters and not writing any one of them well.

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2016 11:32 PM

It's ALREADY a US version of Doctor Who.

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2016 11:34 PM

R131 Too many useless "companions" and the big bad as this Egyptian immortal Savage just kill the whole sci-fi vibe.

by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2016 11:41 PM

Please all do stop watching.

Or take the sticks out of your asses and just enjoy the show for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 133May 14, 2016 11:43 PM

I support Brandon Routh in everything he does, after his horrible treatment during the Superman Returns debacle, so I will watch, as long as he's on it. But I really don't like the show. I don't even understand the point of it. And I detest Jax and Hawkgirl. It would be great if they could retool.

by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2016 11:45 PM

R134 Actually, Jax grew on me this past episode by acting like an adult. But Hawkgirl is still annoying. The Atom should stay far far away from that mess.

by Anonymousreply 135May 14, 2016 11:46 PM

[quote][R131] Too many useless "companions" and the big bad as this Egyptian immortal Savage just kill the whole sci-fi vibe.

I mean, it's not a 1:1 remake, but RIp's study looks remarkably like the TARDIS console room from the Eighth Doctor's movie. I know Vandal Savage predates Who by two decades, but he's basically the Master. The Time Masters are the Time Lords, the Waverider seems to have anything onboard that the plot requires, without it being bigger on the inside, etc.

If they actually finish with Savage this season, I'm fine with at least giving the next season a shot, particularly if the rumors about Alan Scott, Bart Allen, and Lady Blackhawk are true. But I have this awful suspicion that they're going to find a way to keep bringing him back. What does it say that the show's best episodes have been the ones he hasn't been in?

by Anonymousreply 136May 14, 2016 11:53 PM

[quote] Am I the only one who thinks that Wentworth Miller is a horrible actor?

He's fine as an actor. No one is going to perform well in this train wreck of a show. You can't make bricks with straw.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2016 12:40 AM

So basically they have only two time ships - Savage on one, Rip and gang (minus Hawk girl and Hawkman). Interesting they said the Thanagarians take over the Earth, Hawkman and Hawkgirl were Thanagarian in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2016 1:54 AM

R133, I'm trying, believe me, no one I know was as excited about this show as I was and it's had some interesting moments, but I've come away thinking the entire show is written entirely with the goal of ending up as cool Tumblr GIFs. The plot has dropped the ball so many times, and so many characters have been so underwritten.

I can understand that some people have fun with it, and that's fine, but it's not very *good.*

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2016 6:45 AM

With the time masters gone and them kind of flying blind, there is better story potential. Captain Cold will be missed though, unless they recruit another version of him. They had better either start writing the characters they have better or trade some out.

Following Savage around and cleaning up after his meddling in time while also trying to bring him down might yield some good storylines, but only if they do it right. If they don't, it will just seem like endless futile bullshit. I guess we will find out next season. Meanwhile, this summer there will be new episodes of Dark Matter and Killjoys, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2016 7:19 PM

I didn't last even half a season with Dark Matter and Killjoys (in spite of the eye-candy on Killjoys). Bleh.

So this week is the finale, then?

I wonder if they're going to pull this show out of the fire.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2016 7:31 PM

I don't think there's any hope of that happening. I think at this point it's going to be another Supernatural and Vampire Diaries: shows people know are dreck, but watch anyway for mindless escapism and cheap appeals to emotions. Nothing wrong with that, but it's never going to be "good."

by Anonymousreply 142May 18, 2016 7:08 PM

i don't watch Supernatural and Vampire Diaries for mindless escapism and cheap appeals to emotions, i watch b/c the leads are hot lol

by Anonymousreply 143May 19, 2016 1:49 AM

LOL six of one, half a dozen of the other, R143.

by Anonymousreply 144May 19, 2016 3:23 AM

Vampire Diaries USED to be good. I used to love it.

And Supernatural not only had some good seasons, but even in bad seasons, it has some great episodes, and even in bad episodes, it has some great moments.

by Anonymousreply 145May 19, 2016 3:37 AM

r58 They cut out the scenes of Firestorm(Robbie Amell version) displaying other powers on the flash.

by Anonymousreply 146May 19, 2016 4:43 AM

So is tonight the finale? Is this thing finally going to be over? Or is there ANOTHER episode after this? I can't keep track... I just want it to be OVER.

by Anonymousreply 147May 19, 2016 5:22 PM

Tonight is the season finale. AFAIK a second season has already been ordered as well as a couple of new actor/characters. Can't imagine where the show goes from here.

by Anonymousreply 148May 19, 2016 6:12 PM

The man of the hour!!!!

by Anonymousreply 149May 20, 2016 1:16 AM

Well fuck... my DVR cut off just before the end.

So this ship comes down, a strange guy walks off, and says "Do Not Get On that Ship" ... and the recording ended.

Can someone fill me in what happened there at the end????

by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2016 4:06 AM

He said that Mick told him to not get on the ship because they would all die if they did.

The dude was from The Justice Society, whoever they are. I only know the Justice League.

So the Hawkpeople are gone now. I find it hard to believe that Ciarra works in theater. Doing what?

I actually have to rewatch, I missed the first few minutes and had no fucking idea what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 151May 20, 2016 4:29 AM

Apparently, he's Hourman. ⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏱⏲⏰🕰

by Anonymousreply 152May 20, 2016 4:34 AM

For those unfamiliar with the Justice Society

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 20, 2016 5:17 AM

I love Mick's "whenever they do that I get hungry for chicken" when Hawkman and Hawkgirl flew away. And Sarah's facial expression was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 154May 20, 2016 10:03 AM

[quote]The dude was from The Justice Society, whoever they are.

They're made up of the odds and ends of DC's Golden Age heroes. At least the ones who weren't Superman and Batman. Wonder Woman wasn't a member, she was just their secretary.

Rex Tyler was Hourman, who invented a pill called Miraclo, which gave him super powers for...an hour.

The rumor was that we were going to be see another of the members, the original Green Lantern Alan Scott, but thankfully LoT decided to go for the straight white man instead.

by Anonymousreply 155May 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Can someone for the love of god explain why they needed to kill Savage three times? If he's dead in the 50s, he's probably dead in the 70s, and 10s as well. And how to things 60 years apart happen simultaneously?

by Anonymousreply 156May 20, 2016 11:32 AM

r156, timey whimey time paradox. Future Savage traveled through time and instructed his past two selves to perform a ritual with the meteors they found. That means two past selves and the future past selves supposedly performed a ritual "at the same time" under a particular planetary constellation which, if successful, had transported Savage back to the first time he and Kendra met, but this time he would be the Pharao (and she would be his daughter?????).

by Anonymousreply 157May 20, 2016 12:52 PM

R151, that's it? So they didn't get on the ship and it just ended that way?

That's... very confusing.

Glad the hawk people and Savage are gone. That's good at least.

That new guy was kind of hot I guess.

by Anonymousreply 158May 20, 2016 1:16 PM

Well, really now the whole show was worth it for that final bar scene with Coldwave.

Very touching.

by Anonymousreply 159May 20, 2016 4:45 PM

Carter Hall needs to return for season 2, and to appear shirtless each week.

by Anonymousreply 160May 20, 2016 5:01 PM

[quote]Future Savage traveled through time and instructed his past two selves to perform a ritual with the meteors they found. That means two past selves and the future past selves supposedly performed a ritual "at the same time" under a particular planetary constellation which, if successful, had transported Savage back to the first time he and Kendra met, but this time he would be the Pharao (and she would be his daughter?????).

Except that if he died in 1958, he wouldn't have been able to complete the ritual because he apparently had to use all three at "once."

Remember how Jax and Stein couldn't merge on the ship because it was dangerous until Jax decided to play with a vase?

by Anonymousreply 161May 20, 2016 6:16 PM

R161, that was part of the point... it created a paradox, and the only way to resolve it was for time to 'undo itself' all the way back to the beginning of this problem.

For reasons.

by Anonymousreply 162May 20, 2016 10:38 PM

[quote] That new guy was kind of hot I guess.

Canadian actor Patrick J. Adams who was on "Suits".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 20, 2016 10:51 PM

"They're made up of the odds and ends of DC's Golden Age heroes."

Not really. The Justice Society of America was composed of essentially the two big names from each of DC's anthology comics of the 40s, excluding Superman and Batman. Once a hero got a solo book, he left the team , though those big names returned later on (and by then Wonder Woman participated fully).

So, members of the team at one time or another during the 40s were:

Green Lantern (Alan Scott) The Flash (Jay Garrick) Wonder Woman The Spectre Dr. Fate Hourman Johnny Thunder Dr. Mid-Nite Wildcat Mr. Terrific The Atom Black Canary The Sandman Starman

by Anonymousreply 164May 20, 2016 10:53 PM

"I find it hard to believe that Ciarra works in theater. Doing what?"

Ciara Renée just did Esmeralda in the concept album for the stage version of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 20, 2016 11:05 PM

R163 At first I thought he was playing Rip's son all grown up. Yes, he died as a child, but who really stays dead in this show.

by Anonymousreply 166May 20, 2016 11:10 PM

[quote]Green Lantern (Alan Scott) The Flash (Jay Garrick) Wonder Woman The Spectre Dr. Fate Hourman Johnny Thunder Dr. Mid-Nite Wildcat Mr. Terrific The Atom Black Canary The Sandman Starman

The Jack Knight Starman is probably too much to hope for, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 167May 20, 2016 11:18 PM

I would think so, since the guy last night said his name was Rex Tyler, not Rick Tyler, r167.

by Anonymousreply 168May 20, 2016 11:20 PM

I don't know, that did surprise me. I'd figure they'd use the more current incarnation. But they'll probably just do Courtney if they want a Star-person. Maybe a non-binary one.

by Anonymousreply 169May 20, 2016 11:24 PM

[quote] Ciara Renée just did Esmeralda in the concept album for the stage version of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 170May 20, 2016 11:41 PM

"She sucks."

To each his own. But I suspect you were biased.

by Anonymousreply 171May 20, 2016 11:51 PM

Okay, then, if singing is more her thing then, fantastic.

I didn't mind her at all, actually. Just read other people here bitching about her acting.

😏😏

by Anonymousreply 172May 21, 2016 1:18 AM

Probably a tie in to flash and a way to move Supergirl to Arrowverse/Flashverse -

Flash ends with Cisco having some big vision of earth 2 being split in half - and Laurel of earth two being captured JSA was the JLA of earth two in the original comics (silverage) so I am guessing there will be some tie in to earth two / crisis on infinite earths. There are some obvious holes in the whole time storylines anyways -

Reverse Flash is seen having Gideon during his first trip to find out what year the flash was in How could Reverse Flash exist anyways if Vandal Savage took over earth before the 25th century? One thing no one has mentioned is Reverse Flash came back in time and killed Harrison Wells by accident, but he was looking for the time line Flash first appeared in, but in a later episode he finds it BEFORE he killed Wells. How could Reverse Flash spend so much time in the Flash's time period and NOT attract the Time Master's attention if their whole mission was to protect the timeline??

by Anonymousreply 173May 21, 2016 5:51 PM

Wentworth was at least half the fun for me on this show and the other half was his chemistry with Dominic Purcell. I guess Wentworth wanted to be on The Flash more, but it sucks that they split up Heatwave and Captain Cold. Unless every episode next year ends with Mick visiting Leonard in the past, I'm not going to be all that invested in tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 174May 21, 2016 7:09 PM

I love me some hot Hourman!

by Anonymousreply 175May 21, 2016 7:30 PM

i don't know whether i'm going to watch next season. this season was such a steaming pile of a hot mess, but for the most part, i enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2016 6:03 AM

"you're the best guy i ever knew. you may not think you're a hero, but you're a hero to me" oh my god. that is the gayest, cheesiest, sappiest shit ever! lmao! 2013!mick is gonna get so much shit for saying that, when technically it wasn't him.

by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2016 6:08 AM

R177 that was the best scene of the entire fucking series. I will fight anyone who says differently.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2016 9:49 AM

If they were going to hint at a gay relationship between cold and mick they should have just had the balls to do it - Mick should have told him he loved him and planted one on him..

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2016 1:20 PM

R78 oh, i definitely wasn't saying it was a bad scene, it was a great scene, it just made me laugh with how cheesy it was, but i like cheese.

by Anonymousreply 180May 23, 2016 5:52 AM

casting news for season2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 15, 2016 11:43 PM

Nick Zano is hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 182June 16, 2016 9:25 PM

Pictures, R182, or it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 183June 16, 2016 9:28 PM

I think there is a thread here about who is hung in hollywood and they mention zano as being super well endowed - which is not fair since he looks good too.

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2016 2:09 AM

Season 2 villains will be Legion of Doom - Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, Captain Cold, and (Matt Lescher) Reverse Flash.

by Anonymousreply 185July 25, 2016 6:57 AM

The showrunner still referring to Heatwave/Captain Cold as an old married couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 25, 2016 6:38 PM

So this show has returned with a new hunkier leader (Nick Zano) and endless lesbian actions for Butch Canary. Are the lesbians watching this? LOL Or is it all for the teenage boys and baby lez?

by Anonymousreply 187October 14, 2016 11:02 PM

Nick Zano is hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 188October 15, 2016 12:07 AM

R188 Then it's a small miracle he was running around so much in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 189October 15, 2016 12:51 AM

This show makes NBC's Timeless look like Masterpiece Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 190October 15, 2016 12:57 AM

Eh, it's all good fun.

I lived how Sarah got it on with the future queen. That was funny! Ray playing caveman was funny as well.

The new guy is a hottie also.

I like Timeless as well.

by Anonymousreply 191October 15, 2016 4:03 AM

Have they dropped the Sarah going psycho because she came back from the dead not quite right storyline? Haven't seen any reference to her going off the deep end for many episodes now, if I recall correctly. Now it's all about her lesbian libido. lol

by Anonymousreply 192October 15, 2016 9:10 PM

JSA! Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 193October 15, 2016 9:15 PM

have they got rid of hawkgirl yet? And brought back the hot hawkman?

by Anonymousreply 194October 16, 2016 1:59 AM

R194, they flew away together last season.

by Anonymousreply 195October 16, 2016 2:01 AM

They did?? I thought the seaon finale had Vandal taking her away in a time ship?

by Anonymousreply 196October 16, 2016 2:06 AM

[quote]They did?? I thought the seaon finale had Vandal taking her away in a time ship?

That was the penultimate episode. They killed him, Kendra and Carter decided to run off to be together, Captain Cold died, and then some dude showed up to warn them.

by Anonymousreply 197October 16, 2016 2:07 AM

John Rubinstein as Albert Einstein. Who would have predicted 40 years ago that Broadway's Pippin and Jesus would be on the same super-hero TV show?

by Anonymousreply 198October 16, 2016 7:19 PM

R198 The same awful embarrassing superhero TV show, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 199October 16, 2016 8:42 PM

Who would have thought that Dominic Purcell's Heatwave would be the consistent bright spot in this show?

by Anonymousreply 200October 29, 2016 1:53 AM

I loved this weeks episode!

It was such fun!

Yoda's wisdom is timeless.

by Anonymousreply 201October 29, 2016 4:45 AM

I am really missing Wentworth Miller this season. And Steel's "gee whiz"-ness sure seems redundant with Ray still around.

by Anonymousreply 202October 29, 2016 11:27 PM

He will be returning in a few episodes, r202

by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2016 6:29 AM

I am not digging the special effects of the Mr. Steele character (or whatever he is or will be called on the show). So, Ray is just Ray from now on? There is this lack of urgency missing somehow. Except from the girl from the Justice League nobody seems to be that interested to find who the mysterious Time Traveler is (which was revealed to be the Reverse Flash) or finding their former captain, Rip.

Wentworth, as Captain Cold, had a guest appearance on Flash in the latest episode. With the Flash's easy access to the multiverse it should be fairly easy for a new Captain Cold from a different world to show up (like the show does with all the Wells guys).

by Anonymousreply 204October 30, 2016 7:30 AM

My apologies, it's the Justice Society.

by Anonymousreply 205October 30, 2016 7:31 AM

I really like LOT but the costumes are terrible. The only costumes on any of the Berlanti shows that look good to me are the Green Arrow's and Flash's. The others are so bulky. Like Patrick J Adams from "Suits" is so hot, but his Hourman costume wasn't flattering at all.

by Anonymousreply 206October 30, 2016 2:08 PM

Which character is the one coming out of closet on one of the four dc shows? At first I thought it would finally be Captain Cold, but they kind of sound like they abandoned that thought.

by Anonymousreply 207November 2, 2016 7:47 AM

Supergirl's (adopted) sister, Alex

by Anonymousreply 208November 2, 2016 7:59 AM

These guys are very poor planners. They'd better step up their game and be less sloppy. Also, they know nothing about being discreet or careful. I have to assume that in this universe the time stream repairs itself given half a chance because they keep changing a lot of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 209November 4, 2016 1:52 AM

Tonight's episode sucked. I'm sorry. It just did.

by Anonymousreply 210November 4, 2016 2:05 AM

I'm surprised there were no comments about the scene where Heatwave was attacking Martin, had him pinned to the floor, while he was under the effect of the zombie formula but came to after a spray of the serum and asked Martin, "What happened? Was I trying to kiss you?"

by Anonymousreply 211November 4, 2016 9:20 PM

The episode was too fucking terrible to even care, R211.

Shame, given how until this week, the show had shown marked improvement over last season.

by Anonymousreply 212November 5, 2016 6:52 PM

Has Arthur Darvill left the show for good?

by Anonymousreply 213November 5, 2016 8:36 PM

Ray trying to be cool lol

by Anonymousreply 214November 11, 2016 1:05 AM

Ray IS cool. Just not the kind of cool Snart was. I would so fuck him. Probably I'd have to stuff something in his mouth first, though. I don't think he'd stop talking through the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 215November 11, 2016 1:54 AM

The 80's styling was lame. It could have been so much better.

The Damian Dark opening scene channeled Miami Vice very nicely but that was it.

I do feel bad for Ray. I'm liking Ray and Heatwave, I could 'ship them. I still don't get why that new chick is there. What the hell is that spirit animal that shows up all about??

by Anonymousreply 216November 11, 2016 3:47 AM

The hair wasn't big enough. Neither were the shoulder pads

by Anonymousreply 217November 11, 2016 4:41 AM

So, Todd/Obsidian's gay and that's why he wasn't allowed to join the other JSA members on their final mission (which apprently saved his life)?

by Anonymousreply 218November 11, 2016 7:28 PM

Yes, r218. In those days, homos were considered a security risk in part because they could be blackmailed easily. That was one of the excuses, anyway. So they were removed from all government jobs using that rationale. Of course if it was already known they were gay then there's no blackmail, but no one wanted to cloud the issue with facts or logic. Anyway, I liked how they just said "he" when referring to his partner and didn't make it a big deal otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 219November 11, 2016 11:25 PM

[R216] she was also on arrow fighting Damian dark on season 4. Not sure if it's the same character or her off-spring. Her name was vixen.

by Anonymousreply 220November 12, 2016 9:32 AM

I love Ray Palmer and all of his nerdiness and wide-eyed optimism. I liked the scenes with him and Mick, especially the stake out. "What are you doing?" "It's a stake out, so I brought snacks. Apple slices. Want one?"

by Anonymousreply 221November 12, 2016 8:28 PM

[quote]I love Ray Palmer and all of his nerdiness and wide-eyed optimism.

I know Routh has gotten some flack over the years as not being the greatest actor, but not everyone can pull this off without coming off too saccharine. He has some decent comic timing, which I think helps make the character likable and not just be a piece of wood.

I also thought his Superman was decent, and he was the least of the problems for that movie. Good to see that movie did not completely destroy his career.

by Anonymousreply 222November 12, 2016 8:37 PM

Sarah and Steele are the only watchable characters in this trainwreck.

Firestorm and Atom were great characters in the comics and they're ridiculous on TV.

by Anonymousreply 223November 12, 2016 8:44 PM

So, Wentworth Miller is gone for good *making the Prison Break reboot* or is his character supposed to be reintroduced later in another timeline?

by Anonymousreply 224November 13, 2016 2:08 AM

Where is Rip? The pale skinny Brit was the glue that held this hot mess together and looking HOT while he was at it too.

Hawkman was kinda hot...in a Neanderthal-ish way but the dead eyed wooden acting was unacceptable.

"Legends"... is ratchet because of poor casting choices, some horrible actors, and weak assed writing. Can't wait for Justice League.

Who the fuck cast Franz "Peanut Head" as Firestorm. One note acting...the angry Black guy shtick. Over it. Hawkgirl's fat ass too! She go bye bye..with Neanderthal Man. That's right you 2 series killers... spread your wings and keep on flying.

Welcome Nick Zano, eye candy who can at least act. Like Brandon Routh. Now where the fuck is Rip?

by Anonymousreply 225November 13, 2016 3:42 AM

I loved Arthur Davill in DW but not so much in LoT. If they bring him back, they need to write his character better.

by Anonymousreply 226November 13, 2016 4:41 AM

R225, Hawkman was terrible. Both he and Hawk Girl are gone for good I hope.

Rip was a drip... I loved the actor as Rory on Dr Who, but man, he was terrible on this, and it looks like they basically wrote him out. After all, his story line is essentially done.

I'm not sure I like The Atom without his atom suit. What... were the effects too expensive? Is that why they got rid of it?

by Anonymousreply 227November 13, 2016 5:25 AM

Arthur Darvil was amazing on Doctor Who, but on Legends his character was just so flat and he couldn't manage to get any depth into this role because it was such a huge ensemble show where the overall plot had to be established quickly and most importantly why these invidividuals would form the Legends of Tomorrow in the first place (I mean Capaint Cold and Heat Wave with all the other do gooders?). The show struggled with the dynamic of the team members and Rip had to be more of a nanny than a character on its own (apart from when the story required him to be like the grieving husband and father who is out for revenge).

by Anonymousreply 228November 13, 2016 8:25 AM

[quote]I do feel bad for Ray. I'm liking Ray and Heatwave, I could 'ship them. I still don't get why that new chick is there. What the hell is that spirit animal that shows up all about?

Can we show you how to wiki, grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 229November 13, 2016 9:36 AM

I don't know what's wrong with you people. This is a fun show, definitely more fun than the other sturm und drang super-heroes shows on the CW. The dopey kick the boys were on playing cowboys was great. Heck, they can even make Jonathan Shaech likable.

by Anonymousreply 230November 18, 2016 11:48 AM

R228 Arthur Darvil went from sidekick to leader, and didn't really show enough charisma. Of course, the team was set up with so many strong egos who weren't going to play second bananas, so this role would have been tough to sell even for even more seasoned leading men.

by Anonymousreply 231November 18, 2016 10:48 PM

I missed the chemistry between Jonah and Arthur. They seemed to have a thing in the episode they were working together.

I do like Ray more and more. Now Ray and the new steel guy have great chemistry.

This was another fun episode.

I cannot wait for the 4 episode crossover!!!!

by Anonymousreply 232November 19, 2016 6:03 AM

Ray and the Steel guy need to nude wrestle together. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 233November 21, 2016 3:21 PM

Vixen on LoT is the grandmother of the Vixen who appeared on Arrow.

Went isn't gone he signed a deal to be cast member on all 4 shows just as JB and KC did also.

Arthur Darvil Is still apart of the show.

by Anonymousreply 234November 21, 2016 4:01 PM

Snart is back next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 2, 2016 2:55 AM

Is it just me, or did the ending of the big alien battle make absolutely no sense at all?

by Anonymousreply 236December 2, 2016 3:15 AM

R236 When did this show ever make sense... Why start now?

by Anonymousreply 237December 2, 2016 4:42 AM

I don't get what even happened. If they're invading all over the world, why would a fight on a garage rooftop even be relevant. They magically created thousands of devices that cause the aliens pain, and somehow this makes them all retreat instead of get more angry? WTF?

How much you want to bet that a world-wide alien invasion doesn't even rank a mention in any of the episodes next week?

by Anonymousreply 238December 2, 2016 1:09 PM

Nice meta callback of Ray saying Kara reminds him of his cousin (Brandon Routh played Superman in Singer's Superman Returns).

by Anonymousreply 239December 2, 2016 2:45 PM

I didn't notice that... good catch.

I really enjoyed it up until the end. When suddenly none of it made any sense at all.

Feels like they needed another hour to really make it work. Too bad they didn't pick up "Constantine" from NBC to run on Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 240December 2, 2016 4:53 PM

Binged the last four episodes and it's not as bad as I thought. I would even say the group dynamics this season is much better than last. Less romance and more camaraderie. Kind of like Sara as the Captain. She's not as ineffectual like Rip and gets the missions done.

by Anonymousreply 241December 7, 2016 5:09 PM

More special effects please. LoT is reduced to another random show without their super powers. It's a little better this season than season one...but still.

Brandon Routh and Nick Zano's chemistry is keeping me interested in LoT, for now. But an atom-less atom? Can't White Canary be given an oral gift? A sonic canary cry...something super-duper? Along with Vixen, all they do is fight hand to hand in combat. B-O-R-I-N-G !! Pony up the budget for some awesome superhero stuff, or go away. Rip needs to return, more butch -- sense of humor --- and a super power. His "gun" is big but it ain't super.

by Anonymousreply 242December 7, 2016 5:41 PM

I am starting to like this team lineup.

by Anonymousreply 243December 9, 2016 4:09 AM

The sexual tension between Steel Man and ex-Tarzan is pretty intense. I love their fight scenes.

by Anonymousreply 244December 9, 2016 5:29 PM

Dammit, Rip is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 245December 9, 2016 8:41 PM

R245 And not even as his former boring self... Is he a hippie now?

by Anonymousreply 246December 9, 2016 9:02 PM

Vixen is still a non-entity. Does anyone care about her revenge quest?

by Anonymousreply 247December 9, 2016 9:44 PM

Spoilers had said Snart was supposed to return as a member of the Legion of Doom, but it looks like he's just a figment of Mick's imagination. Or could it be the result of some kind of timey-wimey stuff?

Loving the Ray / Nate scenes.

by Anonymousreply 248December 10, 2016 2:05 AM

What was up with Wentworth's face? It normally looks so flawless, but now he has bruises under his eyes. Botox injections? I don't necessarily think so, but he looked pretty beat.

by Anonymousreply 249December 10, 2016 8:36 AM

Wentworth is really camping it up. I keep expecting him to say "Meow" after every line delivery.

I've enjoyed Arthur Darvill in Doctor Who and Broadchurch. I wish he was playing a more likeable character in this one but they now have an excellent opportunity to revamp his character.

by Anonymousreply 250December 11, 2016 5:17 AM

[quote]Wentworth is really camping it up. I keep expecting him to say "Meow" after every line delivery.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 251December 12, 2016 8:21 PM

R251 And it gets monotonous. If they can reinvent Rip, then Snart needs an overhaul as well.

by Anonymousreply 252December 12, 2016 8:29 PM

r252, it wouldn't make much sense that Snart acts and talks different in Mick's imagination.

by Anonymousreply 253December 13, 2016 6:11 AM

So, still no idea what they're doing with Snart.

And Rip? Bleh.

The whole "George Lucas" thing was so cheesy and silly... but... in a mildly clever way. I guess.

by Anonymousreply 254January 25, 2017 2:21 AM

Arthur Darvill does a pretty good American accent. I'm kind of hoping he doesn't make a full recovery and retains a part of his new personality.

by Anonymousreply 255January 25, 2017 11:36 AM

I want an episode where Ray and Nate have to pretend that they're a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 256January 26, 2017 3:04 AM

I might start watching this train wreck again now that hottie Gemini Arthur Darvill is back on board.

I like getting my eye candy fix satisfied by the tall, handsome Brit. He's got nice feets too. Head to toe hot. I'd like to rip Rip an ass full of hard cock.

by Anonymousreply 257January 26, 2017 3:20 AM

R256 In this episode, Ray stating over and over to Nate that he's not sleeping with that girl is very gay-ish. Agree they would be a super hot gay couple. But with Berlanti shows, we can only dream.

by Anonymousreply 258January 26, 2017 3:20 AM

They'd make a great couple actually. Hell, they'd make a great spin-off show... the Adventures of Ray & Nate!

by Anonymousreply 259January 26, 2017 3:23 AM

It was a fantastic episode!!!

"Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

It was the best.

Nate and Ray would be cute together.

It did better in the ratings, too.

Flash, on the other hand...... 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 260January 26, 2017 4:20 AM

Anyone still watching?

by Anonymousreply 261February 23, 2017 3:30 AM

It is not the greatest show - but it does not take itself too seriously and the angst is not as high as some of the other comic book shows. If you are in the right mood, it is mindless fun. I know Brandon Routh gets a lot of flack here sometimes, but he is easy on the eyes, and he does have enough comic timing and is able to pull of sincere and earnest that I enjoy him as the science nerd/geek.

by Anonymousreply 262February 23, 2017 3:51 AM

and the bromance with the silver dude is fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 263February 23, 2017 3:58 AM

This was another fun episode.

Who knew Gueniviere liked the ladies? 🤗🤗

Ray had a nice moment with Lancelot as well, too bad he was gutted.

How could they trust Rip on the ship???? Seriously? Or Gideon is seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 264February 23, 2017 4:03 AM

Brandon Routh posted this pic of himself in the chain mail armor costume in the snow.

It turned me on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 23, 2017 5:55 AM

It would be great if we saw some same-sex MALE kissing. But you know the fanboys who the show is trying to reach.

by Anonymousreply 266February 24, 2017 2:51 AM

Why didn't the team knock Rip out cold and let Gideon unscramble what Eobard messed up in Rip's brain? Of course, more action and drama!

by Anonymousreply 267February 26, 2017 2:51 PM

I want to be inside Arthur Darvill quite badly.

by Anonymousreply 268February 26, 2017 5:04 PM

These people never seem to have a cohesive plan and just bumble along like they have no training or skills. Either that or the plotting is pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 269March 1, 2017 12:59 AM

Fuck yeah Arthur Darvill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 1, 2017 2:50 AM

R269 I think the Legends not having a plan has actually been mentioned by characters on a few occasions. they're still in the process of trying to act like a team rather than individuals.

by Anonymousreply 271March 1, 2017 3:14 AM

Another fantastic episode!!

For the first time I actually LOVED what Amaya can do. Communicating with the dinosaur? That was awesome!!

I continue to fall more in love with Dr Palmer. He's adorable.

Gideon was a hottie. I'm glad the Captain is back.

by Anonymousreply 272March 8, 2017 2:58 AM

I don't understand - I missed some episodes why is Rip Hunter evil?

by Anonymousreply 273March 8, 2017 3:03 AM

The Legion of Doom (Damian Darke, Reverse Flash, and, I wanna say Malcolm Merlin?) tortured him and brain-washed him, Or something.

I forget exactly 😬

They needed him to tell them the location of the pieces of the spear of destiny or was it the soul-sword??

I watch waaaay too many sci-fi shows 😛

by Anonymousreply 274March 8, 2017 3:36 AM

The latest episode "Doomworld", which centered around the changed reality, was probably the best episode so far, in both the season and the series. The show itself has certainly gotten much better since the start and I think they've already filmed a third season.

by Anonymousreply 275March 30, 2017 5:11 AM

This whole season has been fan-fucking-tastic. The George Lucas episode? The Tolkien episode? Wow.

This last episode was great. Loved how everybody, once they came-to, smacked the shit out of Mick!

Everybody's new personalities were great. Loved the Prison Break shout out.

I laughed out loud when they showed the captain making fondant bows. Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 276March 30, 2017 5:30 AM

So wait the ship is now a toy on Reverse Flash's desk? Does he know this?

by Anonymousreply 277March 30, 2017 10:50 PM

SPOILER FOR THE

SEASON FINALE:

Arthur Darvill is gone???

by Anonymousreply 278April 5, 2017 8:43 PM

I hope not! He's great.

Another great episode. I felt a burning rage at Thawn and how he brought all those other Flashes.

I loved the sister moment. Cassidy was looking sort of off there. Bad skin day maybe?

This season was a definite improvement over the first one. I might have to buy the DVD's when they come out.

So dinosaurs in LA? Cool.

by Anonymousreply 279April 5, 2017 9:40 PM

I am surprised that the season has only 17 episodes. Usually these type of shows have around 21 when not canceled.

by Anonymousreply 280April 5, 2017 10:00 PM

Legends is adding a Muslim character for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 281August 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Why would they even promote that? Would you say "we are adding a jew and a black too?"

by Anonymousreply 282August 6, 2017 3:21 PM

I want to fuck Arthur Darvill sooo bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 6, 2017 6:30 PM

r283 he's the least attractive man on that show.

by Anonymousreply 284August 6, 2017 7:21 PM

Anyone watch the Season Three premiere?

by Anonymousreply 285October 14, 2017 9:55 PM

I did.

Can we talk about the steroids Nick Zano did over the break?

by Anonymousreply 286October 14, 2017 9:56 PM

he's much less handsome this time 'round

by Anonymousreply 287October 15, 2017 12:13 AM

So Rip Hunter and Vixen are out as series regulars?

by Anonymousreply 288October 15, 2017 12:15 AM

Rip, yes. Amaya, no.

We're also going to see the Mighty Isis, and Matt Ryan as an acknowledged bisexual John Constantine. And the Ray, currently DC Comics' flagship gay male character, is going to be on a big Arrow-verse crossover and played by Russell Tovey.

by Anonymousreply 289October 15, 2017 12:57 AM

What was the name of the Big Bad this season Rip referred to while taking to the Time Bureau chick? He referenced the Legends being like chainsaws in handling some of the bigger, badder anachronisms then added, "And we're going to need them... [???] is coming".

by Anonymousreply 290October 15, 2017 4:16 AM

"Mallus." I'm not aware of a DC villain by that name.

by Anonymousreply 291October 15, 2017 10:39 AM

Malice was what Rip and several villains are going to appear along with the return of Damien Dhark and Gorilla Grodd is going to appear.

by Anonymousreply 292October 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Uh what ^

by Anonymousreply 293October 15, 2017 9:53 PM

Loved how the supposedly superior professionals fucked up everything even more and the Legends did manage to save the day again.

I hate that Garber is leaving the show. Rory is turning into a joke. He seemed even saltier and came across even more of a douche than usual. He needs to stop drinking.

Hope Mick comes back at some point.

by Anonymousreply 294October 15, 2017 11:20 PM

Garber is leaving? how can they have firestorm without professor stein?

by Anonymousreply 295October 16, 2017 2:57 AM

They had originally wanted Robbie Amell on the show and tried to get him to stay so they could continue his version of Firestorm but couldn't with him wanting to do other projects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 16, 2017 3:23 AM

Wake me up when Captain Cold is back.

by Anonymousreply 297October 16, 2017 10:21 AM

I know Firestorm in the connected powers of Martin and Jackson, brought upon by some science experiment. With Victor Garber, I'm wondering if the show will still keep Firestorm but perhaps do something different, say have Martin's daughter recreate her father's experiment or, being from an aberration timelime, having her have some residual gene or something.

by Anonymousreply 298October 17, 2017 5:19 AM

tonight's episode....LAME! a real groaner

by Anonymousreply 299October 18, 2017 2:16 AM

They do play with timelines and all the earth-1-2-3-x 's so they could always get another Stein who is not Garber. ..Didn't the actor who plays Jax come out as Bi?

by Anonymousreply 300October 18, 2017 11:28 PM

I think you’re confusing him with Keiynan Lonsdale from The Flash who came out as bi this past summer.

by Anonymousreply 301October 19, 2017 12:28 AM

Aww, how could you hate on a tiny saber tooth tiger??

It started PTB on trying to give the people "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

There were certain vibes between Sarah and that bitch from the Time Council, or whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 302October 19, 2017 3:11 AM

Sarah had a one night stand with Rip?

by Anonymousreply 303October 19, 2017 11:21 AM

So who is the new chic going to be? What're her superpowers?

Is she gonna manifest some sort of animal like Amaya? She's Middle-eastern?

by Anonymousreply 304October 25, 2017 3:20 AM

R304 she basically playing a modified version of the DC character Isis.

by Anonymousreply 305October 25, 2017 7:55 AM

Thought it was one of the weaker episodes in a long time. Victor Garber was wasted, basically just moping about the ship. Enjoyed the rest of the guys, especially Dominic Purcell, with the exception of Franz Drameh who cannot act for anything.

by Anonymousreply 306October 26, 2017 5:29 AM

but Franz is so hunky it doesn't matter....

by Anonymousreply 307October 26, 2017 1:34 PM

The E.T. episode was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 308November 5, 2017 12:26 AM

Another sweet episode. I felt sort of bad for nerdy Palmer. He sort of reminded me of how they're portraying young Sheldon.

That baby alien was kind of cute.

So Garber will be written off because he wants to be a full-time grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 309November 5, 2017 7:15 AM

The new chick - is she based on a comic book character?

by Anonymousreply 310November 5, 2017 7:31 AM

Not exactly. In the 70s there was a live action Shazam TV show. The other half of the show featured a live action Isis. She was finally brought into the DC Comics universe 30+ years later. Both versions have very different backstories than the current Legends of Tomorrow version.

by Anonymousreply 311November 5, 2017 7:28 PM

For anyone watched soaps the actress playing the new character is the same one who once played gay Noah Mayer wife/pseudo stepsister.

by Anonymousreply 312November 5, 2017 9:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 6, 2017 4:11 AM

Meant to add that I thought the show did a pretty good job of finding a child actor who looked like a younger Ray Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 314November 7, 2017 2:55 AM

Bump for Nick Zano hotness

by Anonymousreply 315November 20, 2017 12:39 AM

Wow, didn't expect Wentworth's character to go completely gay and kiss a man several times. I knew there was something going on when Dominic was quoted saying that their characters would be dealing with some "really topical stuff" recently, upon their reunion. But still, I'm a little surprised.

by Anonymousreply 316November 30, 2017 11:19 PM

Since they've said they will rectify the mistake of not having John Constantine be bi when he shows back up, I wonder if he and Leo will be flirting.

He better not cheat on Ray (the other Ray), is all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2017 2:00 AM

I think it will be revealed that Citizen Cold was romantically involved with the Mick/Heatwave on his earth, and that that's' the "topical stuff" they will deal with. Because I don't think Mick is homophobic and he probably even knew about his Captain Cold's sexuality, but the fact that they were happily together on another earth might be confusing for him. Especially since he's been mourning the loss of his partner since the end of season 1, and now we're 2.5 seasons in.

by Anonymousreply 318December 2, 2017 10:19 AM

When did they establish that Ray and Leo were a couple? I had assumed that Crisis on Earth X was going to be like their previous big crossover and the stories be more or less self-contained, so I only watched the episode that aired during LoT's timeslot.

And I know this has already been said, but that was everything Justice League wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 319December 2, 2017 10:24 AM

It was established during part 3, which aired in Flash's timeslot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 2, 2017 12:13 PM

[quote]It aired early in Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 2, 2017 12:16 PM

"You know I can't argue with you when you look at me like that."

"That's why I look at you like that."

They handled that beautifully. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 322December 2, 2017 1:14 PM

I hope Russell and Went fucked.

Went deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 323December 2, 2017 7:09 PM

How did the cast handle all that fucking masculinity that Tovey brought to the set?

by Anonymousreply 324December 2, 2017 7:57 PM

They are used to all the lesbian activity on the part of the White Canary and Supergirl's sister.

by Anonymousreply 325December 2, 2017 7:58 PM

I didn't think Alex and Sara really clicked, and Sara would ordinarily have chemistry with a garbage can.

by Anonymousreply 326December 2, 2017 8:01 PM

Apparently the moment Tovey stepped foot on set all the women in the cast and crew immediately creamed themeselves. Lotz said the strong smell of masculinity in the air was alsmot too much to handle and she had to masturbate constantly.

by Anonymousreply 327December 2, 2017 8:01 PM

The raw masculinity is even seeping through this discussion. I'm already heading for a cold shower.

by Anonymousreply 328December 2, 2017 8:14 PM

So Supergirl is on a different Earth than Arrow/Flash/Legends? I know her show originated on CBS but I don’t see why they couldn’t have been in the same universe.

I didn’t expect them to write out Professor Stein that way. Victor Garber looked way too healthy in his final scene.

How are the ratings for LOT compared to the other 3 shows? It’s the only one I’ve been watching.

by Anonymousreply 329December 2, 2017 9:36 PM

the crossover stunt KILLED in the ratings. most shows gained millions of viewers over normal numbers.

by Anonymousreply 330December 2, 2017 10:03 PM

Yes r329 Supergirl and Alex are from Earth-38 while Team Flash/Legends/Team Arrow are from Earth-1 along with The Ray who is also from Earth-1 but lives on Earth-X with Citizen Cold.

by Anonymousreply 331December 3, 2017 3:23 AM

I want a Supergirl/Arrow/Flash/Legends Bizarro World cross-over!!

by Anonymousreply 332December 3, 2017 4:24 AM

It's too bad that Wentworth has already stated that this will be his last appearance on these shows. Does anybody know how long he's sticking around for?

by Anonymousreply 333December 3, 2017 5:10 AM

Wentworth could stand to dial back his performance a bit. His line readings are pure camp.

by Anonymousreply 334December 3, 2017 5:28 AM

"I didn’t expect them to write out Professor Stein that way. Victor Garber looked way too healthy in his final scene. "

Isn't he returning to 'Hello, Dolly?' I thought that's why they killed him off.

The extras in the street fight scenes are hilarious, running back and forth and never AWAY from the shooting.

Tovey's accent; WTF? Dutch Canadian?

Double wedding? Could it be any more silly?

Loved the multiple man kisses, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335December 3, 2017 6:43 AM

I thought Professor Stein would retire with the birth of his grandchild (nice touch naming him Ronnie) but I didn’t expect them to kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 336December 3, 2017 6:46 AM

OMG! This was fanfuckingtastic!!!!!!

All 4 episodes kicked ass.

It was cute seeing alternate Kara and alternate Arrow together.

The ending sucked balls. Fuck Felicity for taking away Barry and Iris' wedding thunder.

I loved the man-smooches as well. Why did Snart stay behind?

Why can't movie DC be like this?

by Anonymousreply 337December 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Really, Tovey's character is from Earth 1. He should have stayed, too. stupid.

by Anonymousreply 338December 3, 2017 7:33 AM

I LOLed, R334!

And yeah, the writers are not always good at moving characters on and off the board. They could have just sent Wally to Earth-2 to be with Jesse until they were ready to do something with him, but that would have made too much sense.

by Anonymousreply 339December 3, 2017 6:06 PM

[quote]Really, Tovey's character is from Earth 1. He should have stayed, too. stupid.

But if he had stayed then Earth-1's newest crisis would have been all the female inhabitants going around with wet spots on their clothing due to all that raw fuckin' masculinity on display.

by Anonymousreply 340December 3, 2017 8:36 PM

Poor Russell - will he ever live that down?

by Anonymousreply 341December 3, 2017 8:37 PM

Even Ray Palmer and Cisco had funny feelings around him.

by Anonymousreply 342December 3, 2017 8:38 PM

Even dudebros like Atom & Vibe have their body chemistry thrown off when in the presence of such strong masculine intensity as Tovey's.

by Anonymousreply 343December 3, 2017 8:40 PM

They were just thrown by that strange accent. Pennsyl-Vancouver?

by Anonymousreply 344December 4, 2017 5:09 AM

Looks like Snart is about to get a lobotomy in the next episode. For being gay? Sounds pretty dark.

by Anonymousreply 345December 6, 2017 11:07 PM

So, they got rid of Jackson as well? I guess they couldn't have both Professor Stein and Jackson live and leave the Legends on their own free will.

Love the latest one with the speaking toy being mistaken as a Vikings god.

by Anonymousreply 346December 7, 2017 12:51 AM

That was so ridiculous!!

But believable, those poor ignorant, superstitious people!

I had no idea Jackson was leaving as well! That sucks, poor guy. He probably didn't want to leave.

Does he have anything else lined up?

I love that Snart is back. Wtf is Millers's problem? Is he just super busy with other projects that he can't stick around?

by Anonymousreply 347December 7, 2017 1:04 AM

I assume he's leaving because they feel that you can only rehash a dead character so many times In different ways before it literally becomes tiring and ridiculous, even if he is wildly popular. At this point, I think the options are to either actually resurrect the character by going back in time or finding him in the "time stream" or whatever, or finally let go of him for good. They seem to have chosen the latter.

by Anonymousreply 348December 7, 2017 9:54 AM

Were there not plans to get rid of most of the original Legends and introduce some new Legends after season one?

Love Sigmund Freud Snart trying to help the Legends get over Stein's death with that ridiculous puppet. Wentworth is a comedy genius.

I've got to admit Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow got really good. That crossover special last week was pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 349December 7, 2017 11:48 AM

I see why someone compared Leo to Earth Kitt. Went is basically purring.

by Anonymousreply 350December 12, 2017 12:50 AM

Miller is a really terrific guy. He enjoyed his time back on the show....especially kissing Tovey.

Wentie said he was literally drunk off of the masculinity after the kiss for the rest of the day.

It was like he absorbed some of Tovey's masculine might. Said he wanted to power lift, grab a brewski and scratch his balls all evening.

by Anonymousreply 351December 13, 2017 9:49 AM

They're supposedly going to replace Firestorm with someone else from the Arrowverse who has already been seen.

Stein is dead and so is Ronnie and Jason so there's no one currently who can fuse with Jax to reform Firestorm.

by Anonymousreply 352December 13, 2017 8:32 PM

Vixen and the new gal are too similar.

The MVPs are Steel, Canary and The Atom.

by Anonymousreply 353December 13, 2017 11:31 PM

[quote]They're supposedly going to replace Firestorm with someone else from the Arrowverse who has already been seen.

It's Wally West.

by Anonymousreply 354December 14, 2017 1:30 AM

I think the Eartha Kitt like purr is intentional. I remember Miller posted her "I Want to Be Evil" clip a couple of days before his first appearance as Captain Cold on the Flash.

I also think Katie Sakhoff has been a good camp replacement and would love to see them interact.

by Anonymousreply 355December 14, 2017 6:52 PM

As predicted Wally West is coming to Legends.

by Anonymousreply 356January 20, 2018 6:47 AM

Bump for the return of this show!

I didn’t care for the John Constantine episode and ended up fast-forwarding through most of it.

This last episode (Groundhog’s Day timeloop themed) was one of the best...fun and suspenseful. The current cast have great chemistry, and I like the actress who plays Zari. She reminds me a bit of Madeline Stowe.

by Anonymousreply 357February 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Loved the Constatine episode! Finally catching up.

That possessed girl looks familiar, has she been on other DC shows?

I'm trying to place her on an episode of Supernatural but can't really recall.

by Anonymousreply 358February 24, 2018 8:32 PM

When is Supergirl coming back?

by Anonymousreply 359February 24, 2018 10:09 PM

R357, I couldn’t disagree more. I thought the most recent episode was tedious. I do hope Wally West adds a spark.

by Anonymousreply 360February 24, 2018 10:11 PM

Was Citizen Cold's "I'm gay, not blind" line supposed to explain Captain Cold's straight presentation? Maybe he was gay, too.

by Anonymousreply 361February 25, 2018 6:44 AM

Next week r359

by Anonymousreply 362February 25, 2018 6:55 AM

I liked this weeks episode better than the Groundhog Day one.

Sarah and the blonde chick are cute together.

Palmer is such a fucking dumbass. His goody-goody persona is sometimes too much. Darke's daughter and he are married in real life??

Was dissapointed that there were no POTC references at all.

by Anonymousreply 363February 28, 2018 2:45 AM

Yes r363 the actress playing Dhark adult daughter is Brandon's wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 1, 2018 4:11 AM

I might be looking to much into it, but I liked how Wally used gender neutral pronouns when talking about his potential next love in the most recent episode.

I still have hopes they'll make Wally bi like his actor. I know it'll never happen but I can hope.

by Anonymousreply 365March 20, 2018 3:55 AM

Right now

Sara and Constantine are bi

Pied Piper,Citizen Cold,The Ray,Mr Fantastic,Alex,Maggie and Captain Singh are gay.

Surprisingly not gay Winn

by Anonymousreply 366March 20, 2018 4:11 AM

Sara and Alex have gotten more sex than Curtis ever had on Arrow. He is such a wasted character. Also the Flash needs a gay character on the actual team.

by Anonymousreply 367March 20, 2018 4:19 AM

Curtis sex life has mostly been implied on Arrow and his husband divorced him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 20, 2018 4:46 AM

So, Larry/Barry is gay. Cute!

by Anonymousreply 369March 20, 2018 4:58 AM

I guess he is r369.

by Anonymousreply 370March 20, 2018 5:07 AM

It's hard to say, he was definitely surprised by the kiss but did seem to like it.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be a one off thing.

by Anonymousreply 371March 20, 2018 5:54 AM

If Legends gets renewed for another season Constantine is supposed to be a regular for the new season.

by Anonymousreply 372March 20, 2018 9:19 PM

With Constantine as a regular next season I assume they double down on the supernatural and push pause on the sy fy elements?

I think from the CW superhero shows Legends of Tomorrow is the best one this season. (Flash - because of the light humor - as second, Arrow as third and Supergirl last - hate the slow roll of Supergirl finding out Reign's identity).

by Anonymousreply 373March 20, 2018 9:33 PM

All of the DC shows are likely locks for renewal.

It's really remarkable how much better this show's treatment of Constantine is. It's like they don't treat his bisexuality as a disease or a joke.

LoT, once they accepted that it's a silly show and leaned into it, became so much better than the others.

Although Crisis on Earth X was phenomenally well done.

by Anonymousreply 374March 20, 2018 9:39 PM

Yes it is r374 it's not like when Constantine was on NBC with the network and produces trying to erase his bisexuality and getting defensive over it when asked.

The CW is supposed to be expanding its lineup with them taking Sundays back so they can add original programming to that day.

by Anonymousreply 375March 20, 2018 9:58 PM

I was expecting to hate Wally being added to the team.

Boy was I wrong.

by Anonymousreply 376March 21, 2018 1:03 AM

NBC fucked up Constantine from the get-go. If CW had aired his show it would have been a hit.

by Anonymousreply 377March 21, 2018 1:27 AM

Constantine definitely fucked Gary after the D&D game, yes?

by Anonymousreply 378March 21, 2018 1:43 AM

Of course he did r378.

by Anonymousreply 379March 21, 2018 1:51 AM

The CW Seed, whatever that is, is showing the original series.

I guess to make people aware of who he is.

by Anonymousreply 380March 21, 2018 2:10 AM

Constantine needs to get with a guy every episode. If Sara can do it, so can he.

by Anonymousreply 381March 21, 2018 2:20 AM

What was that scene at the end about? Was that Constanine and Gary going on a date (playing D&G)?

by Anonymousreply 382March 21, 2018 4:56 PM

Maybe R382

by Anonymousreply 383March 21, 2018 5:38 PM

I bailed on this show after the midseason finale.

The news that Constantine is going to be a regular brought me back... I'm going to binge all the 2018 episodes this weekend...

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2018 6:17 AM

[quote]Surprisingly not gay Winn

This is the most ridiculous thing. He should have ALWAYS been the gay best friend. That's EXACTLY how he was portrayed in the premiere episode in season one, and his obvious crush on Superman makes it clear he's NOT straight.

I will never forgive them for writing that painful "I'm in love with an alien chick" storyline. Ugh.

Winn is GAY goddammit, and they need to start writing him as such.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2018 6:19 AM

Jeremy Jordan just gives off a huge gay vibe. I'm still shocked that he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2018 6:23 AM

Oh, me too.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2018 12:21 PM

Well, Gary doesn't seem to be 100% gay based on this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 388March 27, 2018 3:23 AM

"hate the slow roll of Supergirl finding out Reign's identity). "

I dislike it because her daughter looks like that Palin spawn.

by Anonymousreply 389March 27, 2018 3:33 AM

Constantine is the best thing to happen to this show.

Wish they hadn't canceled his show on NBC. Or ... when they did, I wish they had just brought it over to the CW, goddammit.

by Anonymousreply 390March 27, 2018 4:14 AM

We've got Obama next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 27, 2018 4:21 AM

So it looks like they finally let Curtis ask a guy on a date on Arrow. But I'd be surprised if we see anything come of it.

by Anonymousreply 392April 1, 2018 6:35 PM

Constantine works better as a guest starring character. Don’t think he’d work as a regular.

by Anonymousreply 393April 2, 2018 12:25 AM

The actor playing Kid Flash is much more appealing than Franz Dramamine but that costume has to go.

In the comic books, the Vixen was Mari McCabe.... I believe on the show she is Amaya’s granddaughter? Is Amaya a character in the comics as well?

by Anonymousreply 394April 8, 2018 5:31 AM

Yes, Keiynan is gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 8, 2018 5:32 AM

R394 Amaya Jiwe is an original Arrowverse character.

Curtis new cop bf has just found out that he's Mr. Terrific after Curtis was shot and he was fired along with the other cops not on Diaz payroll and says he wants to be with Curtis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396April 8, 2018 6:14 AM

Evan's cute, but they couldn't even find a stunt actor who looked close to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397April 8, 2018 6:17 AM

That latest Arrow episode is pretty tense and yet hilarious with Diggs and Queen hitting each other below the belt verbally.

by Anonymousreply 398April 8, 2018 10:35 AM

Maybe they should have just fucked R398

by Anonymousreply 399April 8, 2018 10:48 AM

They couldn't even have Curtis kiss his boyfriend. What the fuck is this

by Anonymousreply 400April 8, 2018 5:18 PM

r400. Trump's America.

by Anonymousreply 401April 8, 2018 5:25 PM

I mentioned it on the other Legends thread that all the Constantine episodes are on the CW Seed, thing.

This isn't an Arrow thread, take your comments to that shit show thread.

Totally excited that Constantine and Ava are going to be season regulars next season. So, so happy that there will be a next season!!

by Anonymousreply 402April 8, 2018 5:42 PM

I mean, I'm sure this show is written by stoners who try to one-up each other by throwing out increasingly insane plots, but damned if they don't sell it.

by Anonymousreply 403April 8, 2018 8:15 PM

yea r403 stoner must have written this end of season ep. ALL PRAISE BEBO

by Anonymousreply 404April 10, 2018 1:06 AM

Omg!! This was the best ever!!

Beebo! How ridiculous was that???? 😂😂

For a minute I thought they would bring Voltron to life!!! Or the Care Bears!

What an ignominious defeat for Damian Darhk, hopefully he stays gone.

I hope Rip isn't really dead. That's the only part I didn't like. I loved how Helen was in Themiscara. She trained with the Amazons! They referenced WW!

I'm seriously completely jazzed about this episode. So. much stuff to remember. I need to watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 405April 10, 2018 3:02 AM

I. Am. Fucking. Bored. Of. Damien. Darhk.

I hope this is the last we see or hear of him.

by Anonymousreply 406April 10, 2018 3:09 AM

Gary wearing a bad Constantine wig 😂

by Anonymousreply 407April 10, 2018 3:31 AM

That was funny, R407.

Even Constantine looked like he was wearing a bad Constantine wig. 😛😛

He looked rough!

by Anonymousreply 408April 10, 2018 4:07 AM

BEEE-BO!

by Anonymousreply 409April 10, 2018 4:11 AM

Yes R408 it looked bad and Gary was following Constantine around so I assme they are still fucking.

by Anonymousreply 410April 10, 2018 4:13 AM

Nice to see Gary dressing up as his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 411April 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Was Constantine's hair always that color? Seemed odd.

by Anonymousreply 412April 10, 2018 11:51 AM

I can't see Gary being Constantine's boyfriend. More a comic relief sidekick (with benefits).

by Anonymousreply 413April 10, 2018 7:29 PM

It went from really heartfelt (I'd had a lousy day, and Jonah's comment that the one thing the Legends are REALLY good had it making friends kind of got me) to hilarious and awesome. Beebo be praised.

by Anonymousreply 414April 11, 2018 12:20 AM

Jax named his daughter Martina...

by Anonymousreply 415April 11, 2018 12:37 AM

Mick, in voice-over as the Legends hold hands to activate the totems: "Why does Pretty [Nate] have such girly hands?"

by Anonymousreply 416April 12, 2018 5:28 AM

Mick: Losers. That's why Rip picked us - Snart, the professor, those stupid hawk flying-chicken people. We're all expendable.

by Anonymousreply 417April 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Somewhat derivative of "Ghostbusters", but still one of the greatest fights ever on television

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 15, 2018 8:37 PM

r418 What in the hell did I just watch?!

Damn, this show has [italic]changed[/italic] since I abandoned it in its first season.

by Anonymousreply 419April 15, 2018 8:58 PM

R418 you missed a good season!

by Anonymousreply 420April 17, 2018 6:39 AM

I thought it was rather smart how they tied characters from past episodes of this season, or previous seasons (like Caesar), into the finale.

by Anonymousreply 421April 17, 2018 6:48 AM

kid flash looked hot in that cowboy outfit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 17, 2018 1:32 PM

R422's link, redone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 17, 2018 2:59 PM

I absolutely loved Arthur Darvill on Doctor Who, but I won’t miss Rip Hunter at all.

by Anonymousreply 424April 28, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]Damn, this show has changed since I abandoned it in its first season.

I am not sure it is necessarily a good show, but it does not take itself as seriously and has kind of embraced the absurdity of its plot can be fun to watch. Of the CW hero shows it might be the one that has escaped drowning itself in angst and gloom.

by Anonymousreply 425April 28, 2018 3:04 AM

Exactly, R425.

Every other show is doom and gloom. Even The Flash, which used to be one of the more lighthearted shows, is now all serious and dramatic.

Arrow has completely gone to shit and Supergirl is starting to get too serious as well.

I love LOT.

by Anonymousreply 426April 28, 2018 3:21 AM

The big multi-show crossover (I assume including Black Lightning now) for the new season will take all of our heroes to Gotham City for the first time. They'll be interacting with renowned lesbian superhero Batwoman. Do we think Sarah's going to be cheating on Ava?

by Anonymousreply 427May 23, 2018 7:33 PM

No more lesbians please.

by Anonymousreply 428May 24, 2018 2:20 AM

Arrow has really gone to shit. It's unwatchable now.

by Anonymousreply 429May 24, 2018 2:56 AM

Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Loses Kid Flash

Keiynan Lonsdale won't be a regular on Legends of Tomorrow Season 4.

Mike Cecchini, Jun 6, 2018

Bad news for Kid Flash fans.

Keiynan Lonsdale's Wally West kind of had a weird season, didn't he? Quickly sidelined in during the difficult fourth season of The Flash, fans were relieved to see him return as a member of the Waverider crew during the back end of Legends of Tomorrow season three. I often had the impression that Wally had to hold back, because a speedster on that team kind of breaks things a little more than they're already broken, but it was fun seeing Wally's joyful earnestness interact with the often prickly Legends team.

Then he popped in for a brief, obligatory hello in the final minutes of The Flash season finale. Oh well, back to the Waverider, right?

Ummm...not so fast. TV Line reports that Lonsdale won't be a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow this year. He'll be around for the season premiere, but after that? It's anybody's guess. Furthermore, ComicBook.com has word that this doesn't mean that Wally West is back to making regular appearances on The Flash for that show's fifth season, either, although he's expected to show up for the first episode of that new season, too.

Of course, as many Arrowverse actors can tell you, a break doesn't mean you can't come back in full capacity later on, so hopefully we'll get more Wally West on these shows down the road. I remain hopeful that this means Wally will cross over to another Earth so he can become part of the live action Titans TV series, but...this seems extraordinarily unlikely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 6, 2018 2:12 PM

He was a great addition to the cast. I wonder what the story is.

by Anonymousreply 431June 7, 2018 12:41 AM

Maybe, because of his Love, Simon role, he got some new potential gigs lined up that require him to be free in order to lock them down?

by Anonymousreply 432June 7, 2018 1:16 AM

Keiynan's own words

[quote]Yo! Soo as a lot of you have now read, I’m not returning next season as a series regular for @cwtheflash or @cw_legendsoftomorrow. It’s definitely not a total goodbye or “see ya never” situation, cause Wally West will still be round when you need him the most! :) It’s just that it won’t be full time anymore. I’ve changed a lot in the past year (as you’ve probably noticed lol), and for infinite reasons my perspective on life & what I want from it now is just completely different. Because of that, my heart told me it was the right time to continue my journey on an unknown path, and I’m so damn grateful to both shows for honouring & respecting that with me. I love Kid Flash, I love the family I’ve made, & I’m absolutely in love with the invaluable lessons I’ve learnt along the way. Thank you for believing in me & rooting for Wally to thrive, you honestly helped me see that i did indeed deserve to play him, & that shit right there made me a stronger actor 🙏🏾 Anyway, I hope you stick around for the new adventures, the only thing I can promise is Magic. Love Keiy ⚡️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 7, 2018 2:24 AM

Apparently, LoT will not be part of the big crossover, so Alex and Sarah will not be fighting over Batwoman's affections.

by Anonymousreply 434August 19, 2018 3:06 PM

I wonder why LoT won't be part of the big crossover?

by Anonymousreply 435August 19, 2018 3:10 PM

R435 they felt that they couldn't go bigger than Crisis on Earth X this year and decided to leave out the LoT characters in favor smaller of a crossover .

by Anonymousreply 436August 25, 2018 1:13 PM

Crisis on Earth X was what Justice League should have been, so I can see them realizing that trying to top it was a losing proposition.

I would just be interested to see Sara and Kate cross paths, so I'm disappointed in that.

by Anonymousreply 437August 25, 2018 1:16 PM

I think there's a rumor that Batwoman may appear again after the crossover on either Supergirl or Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 438August 25, 2018 1:20 PM

More lesbian post-sex scenes tonight.

Gay men on these shows never get this.

by Anonymousreply 439October 23, 2018 4:07 AM

They did at least confirm that Constantine and Gary did... something. Though not enough to NOT be a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 440October 23, 2018 4:45 AM

Sara: "Did Constantine make you squeal?"

Gary: "I wish..."

by Anonymousreply 441October 23, 2018 11:22 PM

Constantine did tell Gary that he should consider his loss of a nipple a badge of honor.

by Anonymousreply 442October 25, 2018 9:10 AM

Dammit, we need some Gary/Constantine scenes.

Though loved how Gary was oblivious to the delivery girl's flirtation. Because he's totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 443November 6, 2018 5:01 AM

Surprise return to the show - I did not see that coming! Is this person going to be a series regular?

I noticed that the actress who played the delivery girl was listed in the opening credits along with the main cast so I assume she will be a recurring character. Meanwhile, Matt Ryan (Constantine) is listed as “Special Appearance By” and the actor who plays Gary is lumped in with the guest stars.

by Anonymousreply 444November 10, 2018 8:16 PM

I loved the scene at the London bar with Constantine and Zari.

Brandon Routh looked good with his hair all messy. Much sexier than with his normal dad haircut. Nick Zano needs to take his shirt off more.

Next week - Swamp Thing?

by Anonymousreply 445November 10, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]Surprise return to the show - I did not see that coming! Is this person going to be a series regular?

They had announced it previously. They wanted to keep the actress, but couldn't use the previous character because of their established continuity. So they found a new character, and in a rather clever way.

by Anonymousreply 446November 10, 2018 9:30 PM

I hope the new character has some cool and unique powers.

by Anonymousreply 447November 10, 2018 11:01 PM

[quote] I hope the new character has some cool and unique powers.

Spoiler Alert: Constantine took away her shapeshifting powers so she has to keep looking like the person the team knows and loves.

by Anonymousreply 448November 10, 2018 11:57 PM

I don't understand why Ray was talking about the team's moral compass being missing. Zari seems to be stepping into that role.

by Anonymousreply 449November 10, 2018 11:59 PM

Zari is great, love her sarcasm. I think I like this show more without Firestorm (Martin/Jefferson). I do wish the actor playing Kid Flash had decided to stay.

by Anonymousreply 450November 11, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote]I do wish the actor playing Kid Flash had decided to stay.

I think we all do.

by Anonymousreply 451November 11, 2018 12:52 AM

I don't think that was up to him. He and the show just put it out there that it was his decision.

by Anonymousreply 452November 11, 2018 7:24 AM

[quote] “I’ve changed a lot in the past year (as you’ve probably noticed lol), and for infinite reasons my perspective on life & what I want from it now is just completely different,” continued Lonsdale. “Because of that, my heart told me it was the right time to continue my journey on an unknown path...”

Sean Cody, maybe? He doesn’t have a bunch of projects lined up on IMDB after the CW shows.

I hope he changes his mind and returns to the show. They do need to alter his costume,though, as it was a big yellow eyesore.

by Anonymousreply 453November 11, 2018 5:22 PM

Well Kid Flash's costume is yellow... can't really change it too much.

by Anonymousreply 454November 11, 2018 5:24 PM

Thus far mot DC characters have appeared in the movies or in one of the CW series. Only important character has been absent thus far: ZATANNA. Is there a possibility that Zatanna makes an appearance or joins the Legends of Tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 455November 11, 2018 6:09 PM

R455, I think Zatanna appeared on Smallville.

by Anonymousreply 456November 11, 2018 6:11 PM

I only watched a few episodes of “Constantine”, the Matt Ryan NBC Show, but they introduced a female character named ‘Zed’...and I think she had magical abilities. I wonder if that character was based on Zatanna.

by Anonymousreply 457November 11, 2018 6:57 PM

Zed's an actual character in the comics R457

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 11, 2018 6:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Zatanna shows up this season.

It's unlikely, but I'd love if whatever it is that's chasing Constantine was actually his ex-boyfriend Nick Necro. Constantine, Zatanna, and Necro had been in a triad relationship (as in, all were with each other, not just Zatanna with two different boyfriends), and when Zatanna and Constantine got too close and shut him out, he became all evil.

by Anonymousreply 459November 11, 2018 7:11 PM

The Fairy Godmother rather went to hell than side with Constantine and face off the big threat that's coming. I doubt this is just about some scorned ex lover. Or is it really some "hell hath no fury ..." thing?

by Anonymousreply 460November 12, 2018 12:10 PM

Mason Trueblood was hot as Camper Chad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 13, 2018 4:13 AM

Constantine and Gary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462November 18, 2018 12:27 AM

Why Nick Zano was not in the last episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463November 18, 2018 12:31 AM

[quote]Constantine and Gary

And their son, Beebo.

by Anonymousreply 464November 18, 2018 12:32 AM

Nick Necro wanted his revenge on John mainly, so he was more upset about losing him than Zee.

Anyone else wondering if the nonstop "fluidity" of this show will soon affect Ray? He and John have a lot of chemistry together.

Zari's facial expressions are hilarious! Is she supposed to be Isis? I missed her initial episodes and have never gotten a good recap.

I liked Heatwave with that English shapeshifter. Well-written-and-acted scenes.

TIRED of the lesbian bliss scenes without similar ones for man/man love.

by Anonymousreply 465November 18, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote]Zari's facial expressions are hilarious! Is she supposed to be Isis? I missed her initial episodes and have never gotten a good recap.

Yes. They just can't use the name Isis for obvious reasons. Her full name is Zari Adrianna Tomaz. Adrianna Tomaz has been her name in the comics since they reintroduced her in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 466November 18, 2018 12:45 AM

I know that, but her name is Isis in the comics. Why can she be called Isis in the comics, trade paperbacks and the 52 action figure, but not on television?

DC can't reprint their 1976-1977 Isis comic book series because of that being owned by Filmation (or whoever), which is why the new Isis was introduced in 2006. Andrea Thomas/Adrianna Tomaz - yes, I know all that.

But why can't she be called the name of an Egyptian goddess on the CW?

by Anonymousreply 467November 18, 2018 12:50 AM

Because most people know "Isis" as the name of something else these days.

by Anonymousreply 468November 18, 2018 12:51 AM

JoAnna Cameron (“The Secrets Of Isis”) in 2006.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469November 18, 2018 12:55 AM

That's right R468 and even those youtubers who talk about this show can't say the name Isis because YouTube would have their channel demonetized.

by Anonymousreply 470November 18, 2018 1:04 AM

OFC they're setting Gary up for a romance with a female (Mona) after all of his stuff with Constantine was all off-screen & implications only. The "Arrowverse" is so transparent when it comes to it's shitty double standard with male vs female queer representation. (Sticking with the safe girl/girl stuff so they don't upset the hetero comic book fan boys by exposing them to "teh gayz".)

RMFE.

by Anonymousreply 471November 20, 2018 6:42 AM

The show is pro-fluidity, or pro-queer if you will. Not 100% gay, but not 100% straight either. And I think that's very cool.

by Anonymousreply 472November 20, 2018 8:23 AM

[quote]Because most people know "Isis" as the name of something else these days.

I’m not R467...but SHOOM...I’ll admit that flew over my head like an airplane. Jesus Christ, I didn’t make that connection even tho it’s pretty obvious when you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 473November 20, 2018 10:04 AM

Agree R471. Very disappointing. Lesbians always get away with more in the Arrowverse.

What happened to Curtis and his boyfriend on Arrow? Did they even kiss before the relationship disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 474November 20, 2018 1:42 PM

Sarah's girlfriend is 100% gay.

Ray, Nate and Mick are 100% straight. All the men of Firestorm were straight as were Kid Flash, Hawkman and Hawkgirl. And Amaya.

Constantine is established as bisexual, not "fluid." As is Sarah.

Beyond that, the gay men in Arrow are gay, not fluid. The gay men in Flash are gay, not fluid. EVERYONE ELSE in Arrow and Flash are straight except for Nyssa and Nora, both dykes.

Most characters in the Arrowverse are 100% straight with a few 100% gay characters, and two known bisexuals. Gary is straight but had a man-crush on Constantine, that is all. The Arrowverse is not pro-fluidity, but it is pro-Lesbianism, like all CW shows.

Supergirl is in a parallel universe but her lesbians are lesbians, not fluid. All of the obvious gay male characters in her universe are straight, of course.

by Anonymousreply 475November 20, 2018 1:54 PM

Lame episode. The fight scene between Sara and the squid monster was laughably fake, as were the creatures that Nate and Gary were trying to contain.

I hate this new Mona character and it doesn’t look like she’s going away anytime soon as the actress is included in the main credits of the show.

by Anonymousreply 476November 21, 2018 10:10 PM

Supposedly a Legends character will make a cameo in this year's big crossover introducing Batwoman to the Arrowverse.

by Anonymousreply 477November 21, 2018 11:55 PM

When will the big crosseover air this season? I imagine the Bizarro Supergirl clone from Russia will be part of that particular crossover story (given I saw some pic of a Bizarro Superman dressed in black fighting against one of the other CW superheroes).

Call me Mary! But I'm looking forward to these crossovers since they've been introduced. A bit bummed that LoT isn't a lot more involved in the upcoming one.

by Anonymousreply 478November 22, 2018 7:43 AM

Speaking of Supergirl....is it weird that I find Benoist wayyy more appealing in every other part except the one she's known for? I was just watching something last night that she's in and she really held my attention. But she is TERRIBLE as Supergirl. She was also REALLY good in "Patriot's Day."

by Anonymousreply 479November 22, 2018 1:05 PM

Ah, she was also really good as the Russian Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 480November 22, 2018 1:07 PM

I liked her as Nazi Supergirl from Crisis on Earth X.

by Anonymousreply 481November 22, 2018 1:22 PM

R478 December 9th

by Anonymousreply 482November 22, 2018 2:02 PM

r482, thank you for the info.

by Anonymousreply 483November 23, 2018 9:23 AM

Is Nick Zano leaving the show as a series regular? He was one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 484November 27, 2018 2:26 AM

Nick's been absent or in few scenes due to his wife giving birth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485November 27, 2018 2:40 AM

Ok, glad he’s not leaving!

by Anonymousreply 486November 27, 2018 3:23 AM

Mona's growing on me, but she better stay away from Gary.

by Anonymousreply 487November 27, 2018 4:55 AM

R487 Yeah, about that... Here's an excerpt from next week's episode description: "Meanwhile, Mona has a crush on someone she works with and gets some advice from Nate."

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 488November 27, 2018 5:10 AM

This cast sucks!

Half of them aren't even real DC comics heroes/villains.

by Anonymousreply 489November 27, 2018 5:15 AM

I like the cast but wish the characters had more diverse super powers.

by Anonymousreply 490November 27, 2018 5:18 AM

This was a great, funny episode!!

Loved that Biff was besotted by Hemingway!

The ladies talking in the jail cell were actually fun as well.

Sarah looked incredible in that slinky outfit.

Mick is starting to annoy. He's constantly complaining and has gone full on drunk!

by Anonymousreply 491November 27, 2018 6:10 AM

I laughed out loud at Mick’s drunk scene (“lute/lyre”) 😛.

by Anonymousreply 492November 27, 2018 2:43 PM

Odd to have a farewell party for a Legend who will remain on the show by having a desk job at the bureau. And there is still the mystery about Nick's dad's agenda.

by Anonymousreply 493November 27, 2018 6:12 PM

it was a party, not a farewell party

by Anonymousreply 494November 27, 2018 8:18 PM

r494, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 495November 27, 2018 8:21 PM

I would be happier with less of Nate’s father. And Mona in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 496November 27, 2018 8:47 PM

yeah, i find Mona real hard to take. and no Gary? whats up with that?

by Anonymousreply 497November 27, 2018 9:28 PM

Gary should only show up with Constantine. Actually they just need scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 498November 28, 2018 2:16 AM

To be honest I fear for Gary. Until this season he was just a comic relief sidekick. It's almost like the show upgraded him to red-shirt status to raise the (emotional) stakes for this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 28, 2018 4:20 PM

R499 - you may be right. He’s still listed as “guest star” in the opening credits (whereas the actress playing Mona is listed in the main credits).

by Anonymousreply 500November 28, 2018 5:21 PM

damn! Constantine and his hot black lover! way hotter than sara and ava..

by Anonymousreply 501December 4, 2018 2:19 AM

Why are they continuing to push Gary with Mona.

by Anonymousreply 502December 4, 2018 4:06 AM

That was hot for sure! Where have we seen that actor before?

by Anonymousreply 503December 4, 2018 5:33 AM

He's been in quite a few things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504December 4, 2018 5:39 AM

Kudos to this show for not shying away from Constantine's gay stuff. They never do with Sara and Ava so it's about fuckin' time.

by Anonymousreply 505December 4, 2018 7:42 AM

Wow. And with just one episode Legends of Tomorrow became the best superhero show ever!

Knew right from the start that Mona would fall for the hot hairy beast. Wonder if Nick's dad is invovled in kidnapping the monsters and torturing them (having his own private monster fight club?)

by Anonymousreply 506December 4, 2018 8:36 AM

I loved that Gideon's frame of reference for Marie Laveau is Angela Bassett on American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 507December 7, 2018 1:46 AM

Lots to love about this episode!

- John/Dez gay stuff! Was Dez a character on the Constantine NBC Show? If so, was the flashback scene of John sending Dez to hell from the NBC show?

- Mick’s dig at Eva (“Why do you get to have a fake girlfriend and I don’t?”)

- new Amaya (what is the character’s name?) getting her shape shifting powers back! Hope she keeps them.

- the Angela Bassett reference

- that cliffhanger! 🐱

The preview for next week’s episode looks great. Nate back with the team! Who was that third female doing the Charlie’s Angels formation with Sara and Eva?

On the other hand, a little of Mona goes a long way. I was kinda hoping the hairy creature had fatally wounded her at the end.

by Anonymousreply 508December 8, 2018 5:53 PM

[quote]- John/Dez gay stuff! Was Dez a character on the Constantine NBC Show? If so, was the flashback scene of John sending Dez to hell from the NBC show?

They treated John's bisexuality like a disease.

by Anonymousreply 509December 8, 2018 6:47 PM

John only met Desmond six months before he joined the Legends. So in between last season and this season.

by Anonymousreply 510December 8, 2018 6:51 PM

alk about laugh-out-loud funny. last night was one of the best eps ever!

by Anonymousreply 511December 11, 2018 2:02 PM

^talk

by Anonymousreply 512December 11, 2018 2:02 PM

Nate: Gideon! Any messages while we were gone?

Gideon: You missed calls from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen and Kara Zor El.

Ray: Sounds like the anual crossover!

Nate: Yeah, that's gonna be a hard pass!

by Anonymousreply 513December 11, 2018 6:22 PM

Love how time was saved by the kiss of two men.

by Anonymousreply 514December 12, 2018 2:29 AM

[quote]Love how time was saved by the kiss of two men.

The dignity with which the entire thing was night and day when compared against the way the producers of the Constantine series treated John's orientation.

Matt Ryan and the guy who played Des have great chemistry.

Someone on Twitter mention the chemistry between Zari and Charlie, and Maisie Richardson-Sellers said she'd be down for it if Tala Ashe was. Zari has honestly become my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 515December 12, 2018 11:05 PM

Looks like Legends of Tomorrow was part of the Elseworld crossover after all. Adam Tsekhman (Gary) was in it.

by Anonymousreply 516December 13, 2018 10:06 AM

I’ve been re-watching Season One which had better visual effects than the current season but not nearly as much fun.

So if the timeline is fixed, Mona is either dead or in critical condition after the were-beast sliced her pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 517December 14, 2018 3:25 AM

Silly fun!

by Anonymousreply 518December 14, 2018 3:56 AM

Love this show and this season.

Having said that, in re-watching Seasons 1and 2, it’s apparent how much they’ve reduced the CGI budget on this show. Nate rarely turns to steel anyone and Ray doesn’t shrink as much as he used to. The two most visually dynamic heroes - Hawkgirl and Firestorm - are both gone. And the “magical creatures” they have been collecting look very cheap. You could practically see the zipper on that hairy creature who gouged Mona.

by Anonymousreply 519December 23, 2018 7:14 PM

R519 There was a rumor that the show was trying to save some money so they could use some of the extra money on showing Constantine magical powers.

by Anonymousreply 520December 23, 2018 10:26 PM

Is this show safe for S5 renewal? I’m surprised it’s not doing better ratings-wise compared to the other CW superhero shows. It’s far more entertaining, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 521December 23, 2018 10:56 PM

legends have the same ratings as most cw shows. only flash has really strong ratings. pretty sure legends will stick around for another year. besides cw now has 7 nights to fill.

by Anonymousreply 522December 23, 2018 11:36 PM

Looks like Christian Keyes, who played Desmond, went on a little bit on a rant. Guess he's not comfortable with gay men commenting on his photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523December 30, 2018 5:14 AM

He has been showing up on Supernatural as well. Keyes is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 524December 30, 2018 5:23 AM

R521 Its been renewed.

by Anonymousreply 525February 18, 2019 2:06 PM

Lots of love for the lesbians tonight, but nothing for Constantine and Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 526April 23, 2019 5:21 AM

right ^ why couldn't Dez be allowed to become a partner for Connie?

by Anonymousreply 527April 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Interesting season finale. Looks like Zari's gone but her totem was passed on to a pretty cute guy. Guess he'll be part of the cast next season?

by Anonymousreply 528May 21, 2019 4:02 AM

new character added. as buddy of Haircut....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529May 21, 2019 2:00 PM

Mona Wu is rumored to be leaving the show this season.

by Anonymousreply 530September 9, 2019 5:01 AM

Dominic Purcell quit over a pay dispute.

“The studio does not care. The actors work ethic and talent must give them the confidence to question authority. ….Much love to all. It’s not lost on me how very fortunate I am.” He ended the post with a call for actors to “him me up on DM” to discuss what he termed “Fake (c-words).”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 17, 2021 8:19 PM

New post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 17, 2021 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!