Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Legends of Tomorrow - Part 2 : Forward to the Past

Continue your love of all things ColdWave.

by Anonymousreply 355Last Thursday at 9:52 AM

I just watched the cowboy episode online. Was it leaked or did it air early?

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2016

It aired early in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 204/12/2016

R1 For real? Was it good?

by Anonymousreply 304/13/2016

I think the Cowboy episode is pretty good and I am not much of a LoT fan.

by Anonymousreply 404/13/2016

R3 I thought it was one of the strongest ones so far, but maybe that's because I was looking forward to seeing Dominic in a cowboy hat.

by Anonymousreply 504/13/2016

Johnathan Schaech was a great Jonah Hex even though he whispered all of his lines.

by Anonymousreply 604/13/2016

is the cowboy episode the one that's airing tonight, and it got aired early in canada?

by Anonymousreply 704/13/2016

Tomorrow night, R7. You're a day off.

by Anonymousreply 804/13/2016

oops lol thanks R8

by Anonymousreply 904/13/2016

great, cowboys are one of my kinks so i'm gonna go stream that now, thanks R1 and thanks canada lol

by Anonymousreply 1004/13/2016

so, they're gonna have to save their younger selves now?

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2016

i loved when sarah drank mick under the table, and it showed her kicking ass while he was passed out.

by Anonymousreply 1204/14/2016

I actually fell asleep during the episode.

I'm wondering if I'm going to continue, because I really don't feel like I missed anything.

by Anonymousreply 1304/14/2016

What is with that no-talent picket-fence-teeth grease-face skunk-hair thing? Someone among the producers fucking her?

Because she looks like something limping out of the Cooter Corner/Wichita Gentleman's Club after the night shift ends.

Ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 1404/14/2016

R14 i have no clue who you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1504/14/2016

I liked this episode, it had a lot of comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 1604/14/2016

R15 i think he meant the actress who plays Kendra

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2016

Sara was really fun. Also, mad-swag Sheriff Ray was hot.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2016

Also, that was certainly absolutely anything like the Doctor Who episode "A Town Called Mercy." Nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2016

How did they make an episode with cowboys and JONAH FUCKING HEX so boring? Jonah didn't do anything!

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2016

Cowboy Sheriff Ray Palmer was DAMNED SEXY!!!!!!!! Brandon Routh was HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, Sara mentioned dating many men... She's not a Lez... "Bisexual".

Wenty looked sexy in his cowboy hat, too.

JONATHAN even made Jonah Hex kinda hot as well.

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2016

Spell-checked "fixed" JOHNATHON's fucked up name.

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2016

Apparently Tumblr read a lot of romantic subtext into Rip's interactions with Hex. Which now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of see.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2016

Yes, it seemed like Jonah was the reason why Rip was loving living in the Old West and did not want to leave.

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2016

that was a nice moment mick had with his younger self in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 2504/21/2016

Yeah, but still a kind of meh episode. I'm barely hanging in there.

by Anonymousreply 2604/21/2016

That was... weird.

by Anonymousreply 2704/21/2016

How nice of Ab Fab's Claudia Bing to take some time off to run an orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 2804/21/2016

I know a show about time travel is going to be illogical, but could they at least be consistent about it?

I know perfectly well why Kendra and Ray should annoy me, but I honestly can't help but like them together.

by Anonymousreply 2904/22/2016

Come with me if you want to live

by Anonymousreply 3004/23/2016

The show is horrible but I can't stop watching it. I really do like all the actors on it. I just wish it was better written. The only person I can't stand is the actor who plays Rip Hunter. He's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 3104/24/2016

I have to admit, for a show that's usually pretty cheap on its special effects, seeing the Pilgrim freeze the heroes mid-attack was pretty cool looking.

by Anonymousreply 3204/24/2016

R32, that scene was awesome. Even better was how the show resolved it by using the younger Rip. "Did you forget me, miss?" *STAB*

by Anonymousreply 3304/24/2016

R33 That whole scene was meant for comic geeks. Those frozen "fighting" poses look like what you would see in comic book panels. And the way they started panning slowly around and then give an overhead view of the battle was really a treat for comic book readers. But unfortunately, the show continues to make no sense at all. I will be glad when this run is over and they can retool the show. The only one I want back next season is Sara. Captain Cold and Heatwave are so one note on this show, and these writers don't really know what to do with them. Let them go back to being villains on the Flash. The rest are just forgettable. I say let Savage kill them off.

by Anonymousreply 3404/24/2016

R34 There's no way cold & Heatwave to be villains on the Flash again. At this point, I'm not sure if they even remember who the Flash is since neither of them talked about him ever again. I know this is probably the LOT producer's fault who want to do nothing with the Flash so that's why they only bring Arrow actors or references on LOT.

by Anonymousreply 3504/24/2016

R35 When L:oT gets canceled, I'll bet Cold & Heatwave will go straight back to the Flash.

by Anonymousreply 3604/25/2016

any chance the character to be 'killed off' in the season finale will be Cold now that Len Snart is slated for the movie?

by Anonymousreply 3704/25/2016

R37 What do you mean? Does he have to die in the series because they're making a movie (with other actors, I assume) ?

by Anonymousreply 3804/26/2016

[quote]any chance the character to be 'killed off' in the season finale will be Cold now that Len Snart is slated for the movie?

They've not killed off Barry.

by Anonymousreply 3904/26/2016

R38 I don't recall Snart being slated to be in a movie. But DC Movie and TV are in different "universe", so it shouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 4004/26/2016

Glad to see Heatwave finally put a ring on it.

by Anonymousreply 4104/29/2016

I agree with most of everything said at R31 except I like the Rip Hunter character but cannot stand the Prison Break guys. I like Miller and Purcell as actors, but I really hate those characters. Also with the actors who play Jefferson and Wally West does the CW have a quota for British black actors?

by Anonymousreply 4204/29/2016

[R41] is from tumblr, I saw that gifset too #dccoldwave

by Anonymousreply 4304/29/2016

R43 Actually, I'm not on tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 4404/29/2016

R44 Well I thought everyone who posts here is from tumblr based on the fact that they notice things that normal viewers don't, like snart's ring, I didn't even notice this thing, tumblr did.

by Anonymousreply 4504/29/2016

How are they going to pad this out for three more episodes, given last night's episode sure felt like a season finale/climax, until they completely artificially failed to actually end things.

The writing on this show is truly shitty.

by Anonymousreply 4604/29/2016

R46 What's worse is that they saved Savage for the sake of saving the mind of stupid Carter. Kendar dear, that "mind" is not worth saving. Be happy with "genius" Ray.

by Anonymousreply 4704/29/2016

And wouldn't Carter just reincarnate eventually anyway?

Probably several times between his death in the first episode and when he appeared in the 22nd century?

by Anonymousreply 4804/29/2016

R48 Don't ask unanswerable questions! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 4904/29/2016

No, if Vandal Savage is killed, Kendra and Carter stop reincarnating.

by Anonymousreply 5004/29/2016

White Canary and Hawkgirl are the only reasons to watch this show. The men are subpar.

by Anonymousreply 5104/29/2016

Hawkgirl is one of the worst things about the show. I hope they kill Savage and Hawkguy and Hawkgirl go away.

by Anonymousreply 5204/29/2016

I hate that Firestorm hardly ever merges. If you have superpowers, use them.

by Anonymousreply 5304/29/2016

They used all their money on the giant robot.

by Anonymousreply 5404/29/2016

Trouble in the DC movie land: The Flash Movie Director Seth Grahame-Smith Leaves Over 'Creative Differences'

The movie's not opening until 2018 so nothing to worry about yet.

by Anonymousreply 5504/29/2016

[quote]The movie's not opening until 2018 so nothing to worry about yet.

Given the state of their movie universe, I would say it would, in fact, be something to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 5604/29/2016

R56, possibly but then again sometimes it's better to swap directors before the production gets too far. Just look at Ant-Man.

by Anonymousreply 5704/29/2016

If they gave firestorm the powers he had in the comics...I mean he could re-arrange matter. here he just shoots fire...heatwave does that.

by Anonymousreply 5804/29/2016

That Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man thing was a disappointment, but the people behind the scenes have a proven track record. DC, and by DC I mean Zack Snyder, does not.

by Anonymousreply 5904/29/2016

So, when Ray grew to giant size, exactly how big was his cock? Issues like these need to be addressed!

by Anonymousreply 6004/29/2016

Giant Ray may have been large enough to satisfy even Mrs. Patrick Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 6104/29/2016

So neither Rip nor Gideon knew about Vandal's secret weapon, a giant robot? Because yeah, a giant robot sure can slip through all the cracks to remain unnoticed by the likes of the Timemasters and the media with their wittness reports? What a gimmicky twist.

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2016

Why can't the fangirls see how gay Went is playing Cold? They keep talking about how hot he and Sara are for each other while fingering themselves.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2016

R63 Where exactly do you see those comemnts cuz all I see are fangirls who keep talking about how married Lenny & Mick are & that Mick gave him a ring & stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2016

Previously TV, mostly. I think they're older than the Tumblr crowd.

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2016

The giant battle was awesome!! I continue to be impressed by their special effects and their huge sets.

This show continues to bring the excitement and fun every time, although it was the height of stupidity that freaking Hawk girl couldn't seal the deal. Fuck Carter. They've had how many damn lifetimes together? That's still not enough for her??

Both The Flash and LOT are great.

by Anonymousreply 6605/01/2016

R66 I am sure they spent a lot on special effect for the robot but it just not very exciting to fight a giant robot. I prefer the Pilgrim fight the week before. It really had a comic book feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 6705/01/2016

I was distracted by the sight of Carter's nipples.

by Anonymousreply 6805/02/2016

I can't believe they killed off Carter and kept Jefferson.

by Anonymousreply 6905/02/2016

Carter has a nice body, but he doesn't have a very attractive face and he is, if possible, a weaker actor even than Jax.

by Anonymousreply 7005/02/2016

Carter is Streep compared to Jax. And he has a very masculine face, which is hot.

by Anonymousreply 7105/02/2016

He looks like Nick Blood from Agents of Shield/Marvel's Most Wanted hit with the ugly stick.

by Anonymousreply 7205/02/2016

R72 is headless.

by Anonymousreply 7305/02/2016

They've put out casting notices for characters that sound a LOT like Bart Allen and Lady Blackhawk. I especially approve of the latter.

by Anonymousreply 7405/04/2016

I am more interested in which characters are going bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 7505/04/2016

They could off Hawkman and Hawkgirl any time, put Ray back on Arrow and add in three new ones.

by Anonymousreply 7605/04/2016

The Hawks and Savage need to go. No one cares about their love/hate triangle.

by Anonymousreply 7705/05/2016

Captain Cold and White Canary kiss in the trailers for next week. Guess that's that. Poor Wentworth, no one listened to him even after all the gaying it up he did for the last year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 7805/05/2016

Another boring show with ridiculously stupid plotting and character moments. As if Atom would open up the cell like that. JESUS. And that twist at the end? Who didn't see THAT coming a mile away...

by Anonymousreply 7905/05/2016

R78 i don't like the "captain canary" ship, and i think they should just remain friends, but wentworth did say he was playing cold as pansexual, not gay, so technically they aren't going against his wishes by having him kiss sara.

by Anonymousreply 8005/05/2016

Oh please R80, they are absolutely going against his wishes if they never mention his "pansexuality" on screen and never give him anything but female love interests.

Wentworth also said he thinks all superheroes should be gay. He probably asked the writers to make Cold pansexual so he would get to play something other than straight 100% of the time, but they couldn't even give him that much, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 8105/05/2016

I also don't like Snart and Sara together, but I don't think they'll seriously pair them up. It's probably a moment right before they're about to risk their lives, and it's clear that they genuinely care about each other while also sucking at communication so she shows him she cares the only way she knows how: physically. Hopefully it doesn't feel romantic because the thought of them being cute feels really misplaced.

I think he sees her like a badass little sister, a Lisa replacement. He's fascinated by her but he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her. Also as someone pointed out, Wentworth has clearly been playing him as anything but straight.

by Anonymousreply 8205/05/2016

I hope so r82. Pairing Sara with Snart, when they've been pretty clear about her attraction to women, would be depressing and turning Snart into a conventional hetero romantic partner doesn't fit him either as has been said

by Anonymousreply 8305/05/2016

The Snart/Sara friendship was the most genuine portrayal of friendship between a male and a female character in Flarrowverse. It's actually baffling that m/f friendship is so rare on these shows, like everyone has to hook up all the time. I hope they don't ruin it.

Also, Mick/Len is writing itself, I don't understand why the producers (Guggenheim?) can go with the flow when straight couples seem "organic" (Felicity and Oliver), but they can't roll with LGBT pairings which are bursting with chemistry and would actually make sense.

by Anonymousreply 8405/05/2016

The show runner and writers refer to them as an old married couple.

by Anonymousreply 8505/05/2016

R81 dude, i want him to be kissing boys on screen as much as anyone, but i have very low expectations that, that will ever happen.

by Anonymousreply 8605/05/2016

Has Wentworth ever played a gay character? I think he's one of the rare examples of a gay actor who didn't start getting typecast as a queen after coming out.

by Anonymousreply 8705/06/2016

So, the twist is that Legends of Tomorrow is an even bigger Doctor Who rip off than everybody thought?

by Anonymousreply 8805/06/2016

R87 He played gay very early on in his career, maybe five lines as a flamboyant hairdresser on some drama series (I remember because I looked it up when he came out.) He was flaming on popular but that character might have been straight, I don't remember. He was sassy though.

by Anonymousreply 8905/06/2016

Also I haven't watched Arrow or The Flash, but what's up with Sara's romantic life? A couple of episodes ago she fell in love with a nurse, who she still dreams of at night years later (since she was left behind for two years.) In this episode we got a flashback to what I understood to be the great love of her life? Next up she's kissing Snart. And was she also in a relationship with Arrow?

I enjoy this show and I love her character, but I don't really get her dating history.

by Anonymousreply 9005/06/2016

It's called bisexuality, r90

by Anonymousreply 9105/06/2016

R91 no such thing as bisexuality!!!!

Seriously tho, it has been stated pretty clearly that she's bi, what's there not to get. Although I always thought she leaned more towards girls romantically and just hooked up with guys

by Anonymousreply 9205/06/2016

R91 I get that she's bisexual. I just don't see why being bisexual has to mean that you'll literally bang everyone. Can't we have a bisexual character who's not a total slut for once.

by Anonymousreply 9305/06/2016

[quote]Can't we have a bisexual character who's not a total slut for once.

Not when you slut shame them.

by Anonymousreply 9405/06/2016

God, they are like the worst heroes ever.

by Anonymousreply 9505/06/2016

What the hell, how is she banging everyone? She had a few serious relationships, a mild crush on the nurse and is friends with Len (not confirmed that they're going anywhere with it). Oliver Queen is more of a slut and he's not even bisexual

by Anonymousreply 9605/06/2016

OMG, what a mess!!

How the hell are they gonna get out of it this time?

Jefferson is gonna be the one to come to their rescue, I imagine.

Do we know for a fact that some are going to be leaving the show or is it just wishful thinking here?

by Anonymousreply 9705/06/2016

Sara might be bi but her greatest love so far has been Nyssa.

The kiss with Snart doesn't look like anything more than a friendly peck among friends. Sort of reassurance before they go out and put their lives on the line..... again.

by Anonymousreply 9805/06/2016

R86 he doesn't have to suck cock on screen to be pansexual or bisexual. He could just have a throwaway line about an ex-boyfriend and that's all it would take for it to be canon and an LGBT character.

R98 you're adorable, but the person who wrote the episode is Marc Guggenheim, the person who with his writing partner Wendy Mericles is almost completely responsible for the Olicity trainwreck on Arrow. Let's be realistic here. They're going to happen and these writers have declined Wentworth Miller's vision for Captain Cold as something other than completely heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 9905/06/2016

R99, I disagree, he MUST suck cock on screen. Preferably RIGHT NOW.

by Anonymousreply 10005/06/2016

How is the Atom smart enough to invent the Atom suit but so goddamn stupid that he let Vandal Savage out because of a few stinging one liners?

by Anonymousreply 10105/06/2016

[quote]So, the twist is that Legends of Tomorrow is an even bigger Doctor Who rip off than everybody thought?

R88, I thought the exact same thing when the one Time Lord... oops, Time Master... announced to let Savage go and have him be returned to Earth. So now the Time Masters are actually bad guys? But to what purpose?

by Anonymousreply 10205/06/2016

uhh probably because if there is no Savage the time stream is changed...

by Anonymousreply 10305/06/2016

R103 I don't mean to be an asshole but did you not see the last episode? They explained that Savage himself had tampered with the time stream and that's why Rip brought him to the Vanishing Point, because that would mean the Time Masters would want to take out Savage themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10405/06/2016

i saw on tumblr that there's a drinking game where you take a drink every time rip says something you don't care about. i'd get alcohol poisoning after just one episode lol

by Anonymousreply 10505/07/2016

R104 I saw it I didn't say damaged I said changed. Kind of like Galactis Marvel - he has to exists.

by Anonymousreply 10605/07/2016

I'm ugly laughing so fucking hard right now.

by Anonymousreply 10705/12/2016

Didn't expect Cold to bite it. But they will probably get another version of him in there somehow.

by Anonymousreply 10805/12/2016

Yeah, kill off one of the good characters, and leave the others. ugh.

Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 10905/12/2016

Apparently he is contracted for another year for the "Berlanti/Arrow-verse" so he will be seen on all three (four, now?) shows to equal a full season of LoT

by Anonymousreply 11005/12/2016

Not having him on The Flash has really hurt that show, so I'm glad he's going to be there in some capacity.

by Anonymousreply 11105/12/2016

Great, another heartbreak for Sara (I've been trying to catch up with her story)

Maybe they felt the need to straighten out Cold's character a bit so to speak, seeing as it was getting a little too precious with Mick and the ring story. And also giving in to fanfare, I suppose.

I'm bummed that we didn't get to see Cold go gay. For a supposedly pansexual character, there was a lot of him kissing women (or being kissed, if you want to be technical about it)

by Anonymousreply 11205/12/2016

Can someone explain to me why it seems like Berlanti & Co. are bound and determined to make fans hate and not watch their shows?

Are they just tired of working on these shows or what?

by Anonymousreply 11305/12/2016

i never watch previews so i was dreading the sara/snart kiss, but i do have to admit that it did work in the context of the scene, and wasn't nearly as cringeworthy as i thought it would be, even though i wish they hadn't done that.

by Anonymousreply 11405/12/2016

I actually don't mind the kiss (which felt like a heartfelt goodbye) as much as the "future for you and me" speech, which felt lame. I'm pretending he meant as criminal partners in a "cute" way, because the thought of them settling with each other romantically feels out of character. At least in the kiss she was the one "stealing one" from him, and not the other way like she insinuated.

by Anonymousreply 11505/12/2016

Maybe they are trying to get one of their most popular characters to work some magic across the board. Returning him back to the Flash where he has been missed and possibly causing a stir on Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 11605/12/2016

Heteronormativity at last!

by Anonymousreply 11705/13/2016

Also, did they really have to ape Age of Ultron's Pinocchio reference?

by Anonymousreply 11805/13/2016

I guess I didn't catch that references, R118.

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed about the killing of Snart. Really kind of pissed at the whole show for a whole number of reasons, actually.

by Anonymousreply 11905/13/2016

Maybe they knew that Supergirl was heading to the CW and see that Arrow's ratings are in a freefall after they killed the Black Canary and hoped Cold could work a little magic like R116 says. But to be honest, from everything they're saying this morning on Deadline and E!, it kind of sounds like Miller just didn't think this was a very good premise for a show and decided to throw them a bone by being in it for a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 12005/13/2016

It sucks about Snart for sure but I look forward to seeing him on Flash again. Maybe even on Supergirl now.

That kiss was totally cringeworthy and uncomfortable to watch. Yuck. There was no love or even caring to it. If Caity's lips had been any further away from the rest of her face they would've been back in 2016😛

by Anonymousreply 12105/13/2016

[quote]Not having him on The Flash has really hurt that show, so I'm glad he's going to be there in some capacity.

Not really. I can't stand watching LoT so I don't even really remember he used to appear in The Flash. I don't hate Miller at all but he's so over the top with Snart that it's a bit embarrassing to watch at times. It's the same with Mark Hamill. That said I don't mind him returning to The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 12205/13/2016

R121 A kiss to forget. Is Snart really dead? It's quite easy to make some shit up like he was throw back in time to 2016 with no recollection of this LoT crap.

by Anonymousreply 12305/13/2016

[quote]I guess I didn't catch that references, [R118].

He feyed "There are no strings on me" to the Time Master goons.

by Anonymousreply 12405/13/2016

Am I the only one who thinks that Wentworth Miller is a horrible actor? I mean how much overacting can one person take? His enunciation was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 12505/13/2016

Ciara Renee posting at R125.

by Anonymousreply 12605/13/2016

I don't know who that is...r126

by Anonymousreply 12705/14/2016

Goodness, this is a terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 12805/14/2016

I'll watch to the finale... but I don't know if I'm going to watch next season.

Maybe if they do some MASSIVE retooling, I'll check it out and decide then, but right now I'm not inclined to.

It's so very bad.

by Anonymousreply 12905/14/2016

R129 Don't know any retooling can help. It could be redone as more like a US version of Dr. Who. The biggest problem right now is having too many characters and not writing any one of them well.

by Anonymousreply 13005/14/2016

It's ALREADY a US version of Doctor Who.

by Anonymousreply 13105/14/2016

R131 Too many useless "companions" and the big bad as this Egyptian immortal Savage just kill the whole sci-fi vibe.

by Anonymousreply 13205/14/2016

Please all do stop watching.

Or take the sticks out of your asses and just enjoy the show for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 13305/14/2016

I support Brandon Routh in everything he does, after his horrible treatment during the Superman Returns debacle, so I will watch, as long as he's on it. But I really don't like the show. I don't even understand the point of it. And I detest Jax and Hawkgirl. It would be great if they could retool.

by Anonymousreply 13405/14/2016

R134 Actually, Jax grew on me this past episode by acting like an adult. But Hawkgirl is still annoying. The Atom should stay far far away from that mess.

by Anonymousreply 13505/14/2016

[quote][R131] Too many useless "companions" and the big bad as this Egyptian immortal Savage just kill the whole sci-fi vibe.

I mean, it's not a 1:1 remake, but RIp's study looks remarkably like the TARDIS console room from the Eighth Doctor's movie. I know Vandal Savage predates Who by two decades, but he's basically the Master. The Time Masters are the Time Lords, the Waverider seems to have anything onboard that the plot requires, without it being bigger on the inside, etc.

If they actually finish with Savage this season, I'm fine with at least giving the next season a shot, particularly if the rumors about Alan Scott, Bart Allen, and Lady Blackhawk are true. But I have this awful suspicion that they're going to find a way to keep bringing him back. What does it say that the show's best episodes have been the ones he hasn't been in?

by Anonymousreply 13605/14/2016

[quote] Am I the only one who thinks that Wentworth Miller is a horrible actor?

He's fine as an actor. No one is going to perform well in this train wreck of a show. You can't make bricks with straw.

by Anonymousreply 13705/14/2016

So basically they have only two time ships - Savage on one, Rip and gang (minus Hawk girl and Hawkman). Interesting they said the Thanagarians take over the Earth, Hawkman and Hawkgirl were Thanagarian in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 13805/14/2016

R133, I'm trying, believe me, no one I know was as excited about this show as I was and it's had some interesting moments, but I've come away thinking the entire show is written entirely with the goal of ending up as cool Tumblr GIFs. The plot has dropped the ball so many times, and so many characters have been so underwritten.

I can understand that some people have fun with it, and that's fine, but it's not very *good.*

by Anonymousreply 13905/15/2016

With the time masters gone and them kind of flying blind, there is better story potential. Captain Cold will be missed though, unless they recruit another version of him. They had better either start writing the characters they have better or trade some out.

Following Savage around and cleaning up after his meddling in time while also trying to bring him down might yield some good storylines, but only if they do it right. If they don't, it will just seem like endless futile bullshit. I guess we will find out next season. Meanwhile, this summer there will be new episodes of Dark Matter and Killjoys, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 14005/16/2016

I didn't last even half a season with Dark Matter and Killjoys (in spite of the eye-candy on Killjoys). Bleh.

So this week is the finale, then?

I wonder if they're going to pull this show out of the fire.

by Anonymousreply 14105/16/2016

I don't think there's any hope of that happening. I think at this point it's going to be another Supernatural and Vampire Diaries: shows people know are dreck, but watch anyway for mindless escapism and cheap appeals to emotions. Nothing wrong with that, but it's never going to be "good."

by Anonymousreply 14205/18/2016

i don't watch Supernatural and Vampire Diaries for mindless escapism and cheap appeals to emotions, i watch b/c the leads are hot lol

by Anonymousreply 14305/18/2016

LOL six of one, half a dozen of the other, R143.

by Anonymousreply 14405/18/2016

Vampire Diaries USED to be good. I used to love it.

And Supernatural not only had some good seasons, but even in bad seasons, it has some great episodes, and even in bad episodes, it has some great moments.

by Anonymousreply 14505/18/2016

r58 They cut out the scenes of Firestorm(Robbie Amell version) displaying other powers on the flash.

by Anonymousreply 14605/18/2016

So is tonight the finale? Is this thing finally going to be over? Or is there ANOTHER episode after this? I can't keep track... I just want it to be OVER.

by Anonymousreply 14705/19/2016

Tonight is the season finale. AFAIK a second season has already been ordered as well as a couple of new actor/characters. Can't imagine where the show goes from here.

by Anonymousreply 14805/19/2016

The man of the hour!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14905/19/2016

Well fuck... my DVR cut off just before the end.

So this ship comes down, a strange guy walks off, and says "Do Not Get On that Ship" ... and the recording ended.

Can someone fill me in what happened there at the end????

by Anonymousreply 15005/19/2016

He said that Mick told him to not get on the ship because they would all die if they did.

The dude was from The Justice Society, whoever they are. I only know the Justice League.

So the Hawkpeople are gone now. I find it hard to believe that Ciarra works in theater. Doing what?

I actually have to rewatch, I missed the first few minutes and had no fucking idea what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 15105/19/2016

Apparently, he's Hourman. ⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏳⌛️⏱⏲⏰🕰

by Anonymousreply 15205/19/2016

For those unfamiliar with the Justice Society

by Anonymousreply 15305/19/2016

I love Mick's "whenever they do that I get hungry for chicken" when Hawkman and Hawkgirl flew away. And Sarah's facial expression was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 15405/20/2016

[quote]The dude was from The Justice Society, whoever they are.

They're made up of the odds and ends of DC's Golden Age heroes. At least the ones who weren't Superman and Batman. Wonder Woman wasn't a member, she was just their secretary.

Rex Tyler was Hourman, who invented a pill called Miraclo, which gave him super powers for...an hour.

The rumor was that we were going to be see another of the members, the original Green Lantern Alan Scott, but thankfully LoT decided to go for the straight white man instead.

by Anonymousreply 15505/20/2016

Can someone for the love of god explain why they needed to kill Savage three times? If he's dead in the 50s, he's probably dead in the 70s, and 10s as well. And how to things 60 years apart happen simultaneously?

by Anonymousreply 15605/20/2016

r156, timey whimey time paradox. Future Savage traveled through time and instructed his past two selves to perform a ritual with the meteors they found. That means two past selves and the future past selves supposedly performed a ritual "at the same time" under a particular planetary constellation which, if successful, had transported Savage back to the first time he and Kendra met, but this time he would be the Pharao (and she would be his daughter?????).

by Anonymousreply 15705/20/2016

R151, that's it? So they didn't get on the ship and it just ended that way?

That's... very confusing.

Glad the hawk people and Savage are gone. That's good at least.

That new guy was kind of hot I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15805/20/2016

Well, really now the whole show was worth it for that final bar scene with Coldwave.

Very touching.

by Anonymousreply 15905/20/2016

Carter Hall needs to return for season 2, and to appear shirtless each week.

by Anonymousreply 16005/20/2016

[quote]Future Savage traveled through time and instructed his past two selves to perform a ritual with the meteors they found. That means two past selves and the future past selves supposedly performed a ritual "at the same time" under a particular planetary constellation which, if successful, had transported Savage back to the first time he and Kendra met, but this time he would be the Pharao (and she would be his daughter?????).

Except that if he died in 1958, he wouldn't have been able to complete the ritual because he apparently had to use all three at "once."

Remember how Jax and Stein couldn't merge on the ship because it was dangerous until Jax decided to play with a vase?

by Anonymousreply 16105/20/2016

R161, that was part of the point... it created a paradox, and the only way to resolve it was for time to 'undo itself' all the way back to the beginning of this problem.

For reasons.

by Anonymousreply 16205/20/2016

[quote] That new guy was kind of hot I guess.

Canadian actor Patrick J. Adams who was on "Suits".

by Anonymousreply 16305/20/2016

"They're made up of the odds and ends of DC's Golden Age heroes."

Not really. The Justice Society of America was composed of essentially the two big names from each of DC's anthology comics of the 40s, excluding Superman and Batman. Once a hero got a solo book, he left the team , though those big names returned later on (and by then Wonder Woman participated fully).

So, members of the team at one time or another during the 40s were:

Green Lantern (Alan Scott) The Flash (Jay Garrick) Wonder Woman The Spectre Dr. Fate Hourman Johnny Thunder Dr. Mid-Nite Wildcat Mr. Terrific The Atom Black Canary The Sandman Starman

by Anonymousreply 16405/20/2016

"I find it hard to believe that Ciarra works in theater. Doing what?"

Ciara Renée just did Esmeralda in the concept album for the stage version of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

by Anonymousreply 16505/20/2016

R163 At first I thought he was playing Rip's son all grown up. Yes, he died as a child, but who really stays dead in this show.

by Anonymousreply 16605/20/2016

[quote]Green Lantern (Alan Scott) The Flash (Jay Garrick) Wonder Woman The Spectre Dr. Fate Hourman Johnny Thunder Dr. Mid-Nite Wildcat Mr. Terrific The Atom Black Canary The Sandman Starman

The Jack Knight Starman is probably too much to hope for, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 16705/20/2016

I would think so, since the guy last night said his name was Rex Tyler, not Rick Tyler, r167.

by Anonymousreply 16805/20/2016

I don't know, that did surprise me. I'd figure they'd use the more current incarnation. But they'll probably just do Courtney if they want a Star-person. Maybe a non-binary one.

by Anonymousreply 16905/20/2016

[quote] Ciara Renée just did Esmeralda in the concept album for the stage version of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

She sucks.

by Anonymousreply 17005/20/2016

"She sucks."

To each his own. But I suspect you were biased.

by Anonymousreply 17105/20/2016

Okay, then, if singing is more her thing then, fantastic.

I didn't mind her at all, actually. Just read other people here bitching about her acting.

😏😏

by Anonymousreply 17205/20/2016

Probably a tie in to flash and a way to move Supergirl to Arrowverse/Flashverse -

Flash ends with Cisco having some big vision of earth 2 being split in half - and Laurel of earth two being captured JSA was the JLA of earth two in the original comics (silverage) so I am guessing there will be some tie in to earth two / crisis on infinite earths. There are some obvious holes in the whole time storylines anyways -

Reverse Flash is seen having Gideon during his first trip to find out what year the flash was in How could Reverse Flash exist anyways if Vandal Savage took over earth before the 25th century? One thing no one has mentioned is Reverse Flash came back in time and killed Harrison Wells by accident, but he was looking for the time line Flash first appeared in, but in a later episode he finds it BEFORE he killed Wells. How could Reverse Flash spend so much time in the Flash's time period and NOT attract the Time Master's attention if their whole mission was to protect the timeline??

by Anonymousreply 17305/21/2016

Wentworth was at least half the fun for me on this show and the other half was his chemistry with Dominic Purcell. I guess Wentworth wanted to be on The Flash more, but it sucks that they split up Heatwave and Captain Cold. Unless every episode next year ends with Mick visiting Leonard in the past, I'm not going to be all that invested in tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 17405/21/2016

I love me some hot Hourman!

by Anonymousreply 17505/21/2016

i don't know whether i'm going to watch next season. this season was such a steaming pile of a hot mess, but for the most part, i enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 17605/21/2016

"you're the best guy i ever knew. you may not think you're a hero, but you're a hero to me" oh my god. that is the gayest, cheesiest, sappiest shit ever! lmao! 2013!mick is gonna get so much shit for saying that, when technically it wasn't him.

by Anonymousreply 17705/21/2016

R177 that was the best scene of the entire fucking series. I will fight anyone who says differently.

by Anonymousreply 17805/22/2016

If they were going to hint at a gay relationship between cold and mick they should have just had the balls to do it - Mick should have told him he loved him and planted one on him..

by Anonymousreply 17905/22/2016

R78 oh, i definitely wasn't saying it was a bad scene, it was a great scene, it just made me laugh with how cheesy it was, but i like cheese.

by Anonymousreply 18005/22/2016

casting news for season2

by Anonymousreply 18106/15/2016

Nick Zano is hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 18206/16/2016

Pictures, R182, or it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 18306/16/2016

I think there is a thread here about who is hung in hollywood and they mention zano as being super well endowed - which is not fair since he looks good too.

by Anonymousreply 18406/16/2016

Season 2 villains will be Legion of Doom - Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, Captain Cold, and (Matt Lescher) Reverse Flash.

by Anonymousreply 18507/24/2016

The showrunner still referring to Heatwave/Captain Cold as an old married couple

by Anonymousreply 18608/25/2016

So this show has returned with a new hunkier leader (Nick Zano) and endless lesbian actions for Butch Canary. Are the lesbians watching this? LOL Or is it all for the teenage boys and baby lez?

by Anonymousreply 18710/14/2016

Nick Zano is hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 18810/14/2016

R188 Then it's a small miracle he was running around so much in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 18910/14/2016

This show makes NBC's Timeless look like Masterpiece Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 19010/14/2016

Eh, it's all good fun.

I lived how Sarah got it on with the future queen. That was funny! Ray playing caveman was funny as well.

The new guy is a hottie also.

I like Timeless as well.

by Anonymousreply 19110/14/2016

Have they dropped the Sarah going psycho because she came back from the dead not quite right storyline? Haven't seen any reference to her going off the deep end for many episodes now, if I recall correctly. Now it's all about her lesbian libido. lol

by Anonymousreply 19210/15/2016

JSA! Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 19310/15/2016

have they got rid of hawkgirl yet? And brought back the hot hawkman?

by Anonymousreply 19410/15/2016

R194, they flew away together last season.

by Anonymousreply 19510/15/2016

They did?? I thought the seaon finale had Vandal taking her away in a time ship?

by Anonymousreply 19610/15/2016

[quote]They did?? I thought the seaon finale had Vandal taking her away in a time ship?

That was the penultimate episode. They killed him, Kendra and Carter decided to run off to be together, Captain Cold died, and then some dude showed up to warn them.

by Anonymousreply 19710/15/2016

John Rubinstein as Albert Einstein. Who would have predicted 40 years ago that Broadway's Pippin and Jesus would be on the same super-hero TV show?

by Anonymousreply 19810/16/2016

R198 The same awful embarrassing superhero TV show, you mean?

by Anonymousreply 19910/16/2016

Who would have thought that Dominic Purcell's Heatwave would be the consistent bright spot in this show?

by Anonymousreply 20010/28/2016

I loved this weeks episode!

It was such fun!

Yoda's wisdom is timeless.

by Anonymousreply 20110/28/2016

I am really missing Wentworth Miller this season. And Steel's "gee whiz"-ness sure seems redundant with Ray still around.

by Anonymousreply 20210/29/2016

He will be returning in a few episodes, r202

by Anonymousreply 20310/29/2016

I am not digging the special effects of the Mr. Steele character (or whatever he is or will be called on the show). So, Ray is just Ray from now on? There is this lack of urgency missing somehow. Except from the girl from the Justice League nobody seems to be that interested to find who the mysterious Time Traveler is (which was revealed to be the Reverse Flash) or finding their former captain, Rip.

Wentworth, as Captain Cold, had a guest appearance on Flash in the latest episode. With the Flash's easy access to the multiverse it should be fairly easy for a new Captain Cold from a different world to show up (like the show does with all the Wells guys).

by Anonymousreply 20410/29/2016

My apologies, it's the Justice Society.

by Anonymousreply 20510/29/2016

I really like LOT but the costumes are terrible. The only costumes on any of the Berlanti shows that look good to me are the Green Arrow's and Flash's. The others are so bulky. Like Patrick J Adams from "Suits" is so hot, but his Hourman costume wasn't flattering at all.

by Anonymousreply 20610/30/2016

Which character is the one coming out of closet on one of the four dc shows? At first I thought it would finally be Captain Cold, but they kind of sound like they abandoned that thought.

by Anonymousreply 20711/01/2016

Supergirl's (adopted) sister, Alex

by Anonymousreply 20811/01/2016

These guys are very poor planners. They'd better step up their game and be less sloppy. Also, they know nothing about being discreet or careful. I have to assume that in this universe the time stream repairs itself given half a chance because they keep changing a lot of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 20911/03/2016

Tonight's episode sucked. I'm sorry. It just did.

by Anonymousreply 21011/03/2016

I'm surprised there were no comments about the scene where Heatwave was attacking Martin, had him pinned to the floor, while he was under the effect of the zombie formula but came to after a spray of the serum and asked Martin, "What happened? Was I trying to kiss you?"

by Anonymousreply 21111/04/2016

The episode was too fucking terrible to even care, R211.

Shame, given how until this week, the show had shown marked improvement over last season.

by Anonymousreply 21211/05/2016

Has Arthur Darvill left the show for good?

by Anonymousreply 21311/05/2016

Ray trying to be cool lol

by Anonymousreply 21411/10/2016

Ray IS cool. Just not the kind of cool Snart was. I would so fuck him. Probably I'd have to stuff something in his mouth first, though. I don't think he'd stop talking through the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 21511/10/2016

The 80's styling was lame. It could have been so much better.

The Damian Dark opening scene channeled Miami Vice very nicely but that was it.

I do feel bad for Ray. I'm liking Ray and Heatwave, I could 'ship them. I still don't get why that new chick is there. What the hell is that spirit animal that shows up all about??

by Anonymousreply 21611/10/2016

The hair wasn't big enough. Neither were the shoulder pads

by Anonymousreply 21711/10/2016

So, Todd/Obsidian's gay and that's why he wasn't allowed to join the other JSA members on their final mission (which apprently saved his life)?

by Anonymousreply 21811/11/2016

Yes, r218. In those days, homos were considered a security risk in part because they could be blackmailed easily. That was one of the excuses, anyway. So they were removed from all government jobs using that rationale. Of course if it was already known they were gay then there's no blackmail, but no one wanted to cloud the issue with facts or logic. Anyway, I liked how they just said "he" when referring to his partner and didn't make it a big deal otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 21911/11/2016

[R216] she was also on arrow fighting Damian dark on season 4. Not sure if it's the same character or her off-spring. Her name was vixen.

by Anonymousreply 22011/12/2016

I love Ray Palmer and all of his nerdiness and wide-eyed optimism. I liked the scenes with him and Mick, especially the stake out. "What are you doing?" "It's a stake out, so I brought snacks. Apple slices. Want one?"

by Anonymousreply 22111/12/2016

[quote]I love Ray Palmer and all of his nerdiness and wide-eyed optimism.

I know Routh has gotten some flack over the years as not being the greatest actor, but not everyone can pull this off without coming off too saccharine. He has some decent comic timing, which I think helps make the character likable and not just be a piece of wood.

I also thought his Superman was decent, and he was the least of the problems for that movie. Good to see that movie did not completely destroy his career.

by Anonymousreply 22211/12/2016

Sarah and Steele are the only watchable characters in this trainwreck.

Firestorm and Atom were great characters in the comics and they're ridiculous on TV.

by Anonymousreply 22311/12/2016

So, Wentworth Miller is gone for good *making the Prison Break reboot* or is his character supposed to be reintroduced later in another timeline?

by Anonymousreply 22411/12/2016

Where is Rip? The pale skinny Brit was the glue that held this hot mess together and looking HOT while he was at it too.

Hawkman was kinda hot...in a Neanderthal-ish way but the dead eyed wooden acting was unacceptable.

"Legends"... is ratchet because of poor casting choices, some horrible actors, and weak assed writing. Can't wait for Justice League.

Who the fuck cast Franz "Peanut Head" as Firestorm. One note acting...the angry Black guy shtick. Over it. Hawkgirl's fat ass too! She go bye bye..with Neanderthal Man. That's right you 2 series killers... spread your wings and keep on flying.

Welcome Nick Zano, eye candy who can at least act. Like Brandon Routh. Now where the fuck is Rip?

by Anonymousreply 22511/12/2016

I loved Arthur Davill in DW but not so much in LoT. If they bring him back, they need to write his character better.

by Anonymousreply 22611/12/2016

R225, Hawkman was terrible. Both he and Hawk Girl are gone for good I hope.

Rip was a drip... I loved the actor as Rory on Dr Who, but man, he was terrible on this, and it looks like they basically wrote him out. After all, his story line is essentially done.

I'm not sure I like The Atom without his atom suit. What... were the effects too expensive? Is that why they got rid of it?

by Anonymousreply 22711/12/2016

Arthur Darvil was amazing on Doctor Who, but on Legends his character was just so flat and he couldn't manage to get any depth into this role because it was such a huge ensemble show where the overall plot had to be established quickly and most importantly why these invidividuals would form the Legends of Tomorrow in the first place (I mean Capaint Cold and Heat Wave with all the other do gooders?). The show struggled with the dynamic of the team members and Rip had to be more of a nanny than a character on its own (apart from when the story required him to be like the grieving husband and father who is out for revenge).

by Anonymousreply 22811/12/2016

[quote]I do feel bad for Ray. I'm liking Ray and Heatwave, I could 'ship them. I still don't get why that new chick is there. What the hell is that spirit animal that shows up all about?

Can we show you how to wiki, grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 22911/13/2016

I don't know what's wrong with you people. This is a fun show, definitely more fun than the other sturm und drang super-heroes shows on the CW. The dopey kick the boys were on playing cowboys was great. Heck, they can even make Jonathan Shaech likable.

by Anonymousreply 23011/18/2016

R228 Arthur Darvil went from sidekick to leader, and didn't really show enough charisma. Of course, the team was set up with so many strong egos who weren't going to play second bananas, so this role would have been tough to sell even for even more seasoned leading men.

by Anonymousreply 23111/18/2016

I missed the chemistry between Jonah and Arthur. They seemed to have a thing in the episode they were working together.

I do like Ray more and more. Now Ray and the new steel guy have great chemistry.

This was another fun episode.

I cannot wait for the 4 episode crossover!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23211/18/2016

Ray and the Steel guy need to nude wrestle together. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 23311/21/2016

Vixen on LoT is the grandmother of the Vixen who appeared on Arrow.

Went isn't gone he signed a deal to be cast member on all 4 shows just as JB and KC did also.

Arthur Darvil Is still apart of the show.

by Anonymousreply 23411/21/2016

Snart is back next week.

by Anonymousreply 23512/01/2016

Is it just me, or did the ending of the big alien battle make absolutely no sense at all?

by Anonymousreply 23612/01/2016

R236 When did this show ever make sense... Why start now?

by Anonymousreply 23712/01/2016

I don't get what even happened. If they're invading all over the world, why would a fight on a garage rooftop even be relevant. They magically created thousands of devices that cause the aliens pain, and somehow this makes them all retreat instead of get more angry? WTF?

How much you want to bet that a world-wide alien invasion doesn't even rank a mention in any of the episodes next week?

by Anonymousreply 23812/02/2016

Nice meta callback of Ray saying Kara reminds him of his cousin (Brandon Routh played Superman in Singer's Superman Returns).

by Anonymousreply 23912/02/2016

I didn't notice that... good catch.

I really enjoyed it up until the end. When suddenly none of it made any sense at all.

Feels like they needed another hour to really make it work. Too bad they didn't pick up "Constantine" from NBC to run on Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 24012/02/2016

Binged the last four episodes and it's not as bad as I thought. I would even say the group dynamics this season is much better than last. Less romance and more camaraderie. Kind of like Sara as the Captain. She's not as ineffectual like Rip and gets the missions done.

by Anonymousreply 24112/07/2016

More special effects please. LoT is reduced to another random show without their super powers. It's a little better this season than season one...but still.

Brandon Routh and Nick Zano's chemistry is keeping me interested in LoT, for now. But an atom-less atom? Can't White Canary be given an oral gift? A sonic canary cry...something super-duper? Along with Vixen, all they do is fight hand to hand in combat. B-O-R-I-N-G !! Pony up the budget for some awesome superhero stuff, or go away. Rip needs to return, more butch -- sense of humor --- and a super power. His "gun" is big but it ain't super.

by Anonymousreply 24212/07/2016

I am starting to like this team lineup.

by Anonymousreply 24312/08/2016

The sexual tension between Steel Man and ex-Tarzan is pretty intense. I love their fight scenes.

by Anonymousreply 24412/09/2016

Dammit, Rip is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 24512/09/2016

R245 And not even as his former boring self... Is he a hippie now?

by Anonymousreply 24612/09/2016

Vixen is still a non-entity. Does anyone care about her revenge quest?

by Anonymousreply 24712/09/2016

Spoilers had said Snart was supposed to return as a member of the Legion of Doom, but it looks like he's just a figment of Mick's imagination. Or could it be the result of some kind of timey-wimey stuff?

Loving the Ray / Nate scenes.

by Anonymousreply 24812/09/2016

What was up with Wentworth's face? It normally looks so flawless, but now he has bruises under his eyes. Botox injections? I don't necessarily think so, but he looked pretty beat.

by Anonymousreply 24912/09/2016

Wentworth is really camping it up. I keep expecting him to say "Meow" after every line delivery.

I've enjoyed Arthur Darvill in Doctor Who and Broadchurch. I wish he was playing a more likeable character in this one but they now have an excellent opportunity to revamp his character.

by Anonymousreply 25012/10/2016

[quote]Wentworth is really camping it up. I keep expecting him to say "Meow" after every line delivery.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 25112/12/2016

R251 And it gets monotonous. If they can reinvent Rip, then Snart needs an overhaul as well.

by Anonymousreply 25212/12/2016

r252, it wouldn't make much sense that Snart acts and talks different in Mick's imagination.

by Anonymousreply 25312/12/2016

So, still no idea what they're doing with Snart.

And Rip? Bleh.

The whole "George Lucas" thing was so cheesy and silly... but... in a mildly clever way. I guess.

by Anonymousreply 25401/24/2017

Arthur Darvill does a pretty good American accent. I'm kind of hoping he doesn't make a full recovery and retains a part of his new personality.

by Anonymousreply 25501/25/2017

I want an episode where Ray and Nate have to pretend that they're a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 25601/25/2017

I might start watching this train wreck again now that hottie Gemini Arthur Darvill is back on board.

I like getting my eye candy fix satisfied by the tall, handsome Brit. He's got nice feets too. Head to toe hot. I'd like to rip Rip an ass full of hard cock.

by Anonymousreply 25701/25/2017

R256 In this episode, Ray stating over and over to Nate that he's not sleeping with that girl is very gay-ish. Agree they would be a super hot gay couple. But with Berlanti shows, we can only dream.

by Anonymousreply 25801/25/2017

They'd make a great couple actually. Hell, they'd make a great spin-off show... the Adventures of Ray & Nate!

by Anonymousreply 25901/25/2017

It was a fantastic episode!!!

"Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

It was the best.

Nate and Ray would be cute together.

It did better in the ratings, too.

Flash, on the other hand...... 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 26001/25/2017

Anyone still watching?

by Anonymousreply 26102/22/2017

It is not the greatest show - but it does not take itself too seriously and the angst is not as high as some of the other comic book shows. If you are in the right mood, it is mindless fun. I know Brandon Routh gets a lot of flack here sometimes, but he is easy on the eyes, and he does have enough comic timing and is able to pull of sincere and earnest that I enjoy him as the science nerd/geek.

by Anonymousreply 26202/22/2017

and the bromance with the silver dude is fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 26302/22/2017

This was another fun episode.

Who knew Gueniviere liked the ladies? 🤗🤗

Ray had a nice moment with Lancelot as well, too bad he was gutted.

How could they trust Rip on the ship???? Seriously? Or Gideon is seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 26402/22/2017

Brandon Routh posted this pic of himself in the chain mail armor costume in the snow.

It turned me on.

by Anonymousreply 26502/22/2017

It would be great if we saw some same-sex MALE kissing. But you know the fanboys who the show is trying to reach.

by Anonymousreply 26602/23/2017

Why didn't the team knock Rip out cold and let Gideon unscramble what Eobard messed up in Rip's brain? Of course, more action and drama!

by Anonymousreply 26702/26/2017

I want to be inside Arthur Darvill quite badly.

by Anonymousreply 26802/26/2017

These people never seem to have a cohesive plan and just bumble along like they have no training or skills. Either that or the plotting is pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 26902/28/2017

Fuck yeah Arthur Darvill.

by Anonymousreply 27002/28/2017

R269 I think the Legends not having a plan has actually been mentioned by characters on a few occasions. they're still in the process of trying to act like a team rather than individuals.

by Anonymousreply 27102/28/2017

Another fantastic episode!!

For the first time I actually LOVED what Amaya can do. Communicating with the dinosaur? That was awesome!!

I continue to fall more in love with Dr Palmer. He's adorable.

Gideon was a hottie. I'm glad the Captain is back.

by Anonymousreply 27203/07/2017

I don't understand - I missed some episodes why is Rip Hunter evil?

by Anonymousreply 27303/07/2017

The Legion of Doom (Damian Darke, Reverse Flash, and, I wanna say Malcolm Merlin?) tortured him and brain-washed him, Or something.

I forget exactly 😬

They needed him to tell them the location of the pieces of the spear of destiny or was it the soul-sword??

I watch waaaay too many sci-fi shows 😛

by Anonymousreply 27403/07/2017

The latest episode "Doomworld", which centered around the changed reality, was probably the best episode so far, in both the season and the series. The show itself has certainly gotten much better since the start and I think they've already filmed a third season.

by Anonymousreply 27503/29/2017

This whole season has been fan-fucking-tastic. The George Lucas episode? The Tolkien episode? Wow.

This last episode was great. Loved how everybody, once they came-to, smacked the shit out of Mick!

Everybody's new personalities were great. Loved the Prison Break shout out.

I laughed out loud when they showed the captain making fondant bows. Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 27603/29/2017

So wait the ship is now a toy on Reverse Flash's desk? Does he know this?

by Anonymousreply 27703/30/2017

SPOILER FOR THE

SEASON FINALE:

Arthur Darvill is gone???

by Anonymousreply 27804/05/2017

I hope not! He's great.

Another great episode. I felt a burning rage at Thawn and how he brought all those other Flashes.

I loved the sister moment. Cassidy was looking sort of off there. Bad skin day maybe?

This season was a definite improvement over the first one. I might have to buy the DVD's when they come out.

So dinosaurs in LA? Cool.

by Anonymousreply 27904/05/2017

I am surprised that the season has only 17 episodes. Usually these type of shows have around 21 when not canceled.

by Anonymousreply 28004/05/2017

Legends is adding a Muslim character for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 28108/05/2017

Why would they even promote that? Would you say "we are adding a jew and a black too?"

by Anonymousreply 28208/06/2017

I want to fuck Arthur Darvill sooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 28308/06/2017

r283 he's the least attractive man on that show.

by Anonymousreply 28408/06/2017

Anyone watch the Season Three premiere?

by Anonymousreply 28510/14/2017

I did.

Can we talk about the steroids Nick Zano did over the break?

by Anonymousreply 28610/14/2017

he's much less handsome this time 'round

by Anonymousreply 28710/14/2017

So Rip Hunter and Vixen are out as series regulars?

by Anonymousreply 28810/14/2017

Rip, yes. Amaya, no.

We're also going to see the Mighty Isis, and Matt Ryan as an acknowledged bisexual John Constantine. And the Ray, currently DC Comics' flagship gay male character, is going to be on a big Arrow-verse crossover and played by Russell Tovey.

by Anonymousreply 28910/14/2017

What was the name of the Big Bad this season Rip referred to while taking to the Time Bureau chick? He referenced the Legends being like chainsaws in handling some of the bigger, badder anachronisms then added, "And we're going to need them... [???] is coming".

by Anonymousreply 29010/14/2017

"Mallus." I'm not aware of a DC villain by that name.

by Anonymousreply 29110/15/2017

Malice was what Rip and several villains are going to appear along with the return of Damien Dhark and Gorilla Grodd is going to appear.

by Anonymousreply 29210/15/2017

Uh what ^

by Anonymousreply 29310/15/2017

Loved how the supposedly superior professionals fucked up everything even more and the Legends did manage to save the day again.

I hate that Garber is leaving the show. Rory is turning into a joke. He seemed even saltier and came across even more of a douche than usual. He needs to stop drinking.

Hope Mick comes back at some point.

by Anonymousreply 29410/15/2017

Garber is leaving? how can they have firestorm without professor stein?

by Anonymousreply 29510/15/2017

They had originally wanted Robbie Amell on the show and tried to get him to stay so they could continue his version of Firestorm but couldn't with him wanting to do other projects.

by Anonymousreply 29610/15/2017

Wake me up when Captain Cold is back.

by Anonymousreply 29710/16/2017

I know Firestorm in the connected powers of Martin and Jackson, brought upon by some science experiment. With Victor Garber, I'm wondering if the show will still keep Firestorm but perhaps do something different, say have Martin's daughter recreate her father's experiment or, being from an aberration timelime, having her have some residual gene or something.

by Anonymousreply 29810/16/2017

tonight's episode....LAME! a real groaner

by Anonymousreply 29910/17/2017

They do play with timelines and all the earth-1-2-3-x 's so they could always get another Stein who is not Garber. ..Didn't the actor who plays Jax come out as Bi?

by Anonymousreply 30010/18/2017

I think you’re confusing him with Keiynan Lonsdale from The Flash who came out as bi this past summer.

by Anonymousreply 30110/18/2017

Aww, how could you hate on a tiny saber tooth tiger??

It started PTB on trying to give the people "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

There were certain vibes between Sarah and that bitch from the Time Council, or whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 30210/18/2017

Sarah had a one night stand with Rip?

by Anonymousreply 30310/19/2017

So who is the new chic going to be? What're her superpowers?

Is she gonna manifest some sort of animal like Amaya? She's Middle-eastern?

by Anonymousreply 30410/24/2017

R304 she basically playing a modified version of the DC character Isis.

by Anonymousreply 30510/24/2017

Thought it was one of the weaker episodes in a long time. Victor Garber was wasted, basically just moping about the ship. Enjoyed the rest of the guys, especially Dominic Purcell, with the exception of Franz Drameh who cannot act for anything.

by Anonymousreply 30610/25/2017

but Franz is so hunky it doesn't matter....

by Anonymousreply 30710/26/2017

The E.T. episode was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 30811/04/2017

Another sweet episode. I felt sort of bad for nerdy Palmer. He sort of reminded me of how they're portraying young Sheldon.

That baby alien was kind of cute.

So Garber will be written off because he wants to be a full-time grandpa?

by Anonymousreply 30911/04/2017

The new chick - is she based on a comic book character?

by Anonymousreply 31011/04/2017

Not exactly. In the 70s there was a live action Shazam TV show. The other half of the show featured a live action Isis. She was finally brought into the DC Comics universe 30+ years later. Both versions have very different backstories than the current Legends of Tomorrow version.

by Anonymousreply 31111/05/2017

For anyone watched soaps the actress playing the new character is the same one who once played gay Noah Mayer wife/pseudo stepsister.

by Anonymousreply 31211/05/2017
by Anonymousreply 31311/05/2017

Meant to add that I thought the show did a pretty good job of finding a child actor who looked like a younger Ray Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 31411/06/2017

Bump for Nick Zano hotness

by Anonymousreply 31511/19/2017

Wow, didn't expect Wentworth's character to go completely gay and kiss a man several times. I knew there was something going on when Dominic was quoted saying that their characters would be dealing with some "really topical stuff" recently, upon their reunion. But still, I'm a little surprised.

by Anonymousreply 31611/30/2017

Since they've said they will rectify the mistake of not having John Constantine be bi when he shows back up, I wonder if he and Leo will be flirting.

He better not cheat on Ray (the other Ray), is all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 31712/01/2017

I think it will be revealed that Citizen Cold was romantically involved with the Mick/Heatwave on his earth, and that that's' the "topical stuff" they will deal with. Because I don't think Mick is homophobic and he probably even knew about his Captain Cold's sexuality, but the fact that they were happily together on another earth might be confusing for him. Especially since he's been mourning the loss of his partner since the end of season 1, and now we're 2.5 seasons in.

by Anonymousreply 31812/02/2017

When did they establish that Ray and Leo were a couple? I had assumed that Crisis on Earth X was going to be like their previous big crossover and the stories be more or less self-contained, so I only watched the episode that aired during LoT's timeslot.

And I know this has already been said, but that was everything Justice League wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 31912/02/2017

It was established during part 3, which aired in Flash's timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 32012/02/2017

[quote]It aired early in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 32112/02/2017

"You know I can't argue with you when you look at me like that."

"That's why I look at you like that."

They handled that beautifully. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 32212/02/2017

I hope Russell and Went fucked.

Went deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 32312/02/2017

How did the cast handle all that fucking masculinity that Tovey brought to the set?

by Anonymousreply 32412/02/2017

They are used to all the lesbian activity on the part of the White Canary and Supergirl's sister.

by Anonymousreply 32512/02/2017

I didn't think Alex and Sara really clicked, and Sara would ordinarily have chemistry with a garbage can.

by Anonymousreply 32612/02/2017

Apparently the moment Tovey stepped foot on set all the women in the cast and crew immediately creamed themeselves. Lotz said the strong smell of masculinity in the air was alsmot too much to handle and she had to masturbate constantly.

by Anonymousreply 32712/02/2017

The raw masculinity is even seeping through this discussion. I'm already heading for a cold shower.

by Anonymousreply 32812/02/2017

So Supergirl is on a different Earth than Arrow/Flash/Legends? I know her show originated on CBS but I don’t see why they couldn’t have been in the same universe.

I didn’t expect them to write out Professor Stein that way. Victor Garber looked way too healthy in his final scene.

How are the ratings for LOT compared to the other 3 shows? It’s the only one I’ve been watching.

by Anonymousreply 32912/02/2017

the crossover stunt KILLED in the ratings. most shows gained millions of viewers over normal numbers.

by Anonymousreply 33012/02/2017

Yes r329 Supergirl and Alex are from Earth-38 while Team Flash/Legends/Team Arrow are from Earth-1 along with The Ray who is also from Earth-1 but lives on Earth-X with Citizen Cold.

by Anonymousreply 33112/02/2017

I want a Supergirl/Arrow/Flash/Legends Bizarro World cross-over!!

by Anonymousreply 33212/02/2017

It's too bad that Wentworth has already stated that this will be his last appearance on these shows. Does anybody know how long he's sticking around for?

by Anonymousreply 33312/02/2017

Wentworth could stand to dial back his performance a bit. His line readings are pure camp.

by Anonymousreply 33412/02/2017

"I didn’t expect them to write out Professor Stein that way. Victor Garber looked way too healthy in his final scene. "

Isn't he returning to 'Hello, Dolly?' I thought that's why they killed him off.

The extras in the street fight scenes are hilarious, running back and forth and never AWAY from the shooting.

Tovey's accent; WTF? Dutch Canadian?

Double wedding? Could it be any more silly?

Loved the multiple man kisses, though.

by Anonymousreply 33512/02/2017

I thought Professor Stein would retire with the birth of his grandchild (nice touch naming him Ronnie) but I didn’t expect them to kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 33612/02/2017

OMG! This was fanfuckingtastic!!!!!!

All 4 episodes kicked ass.

It was cute seeing alternate Kara and alternate Arrow together.

The ending sucked balls. Fuck Felicity for taking away Barry and Iris' wedding thunder.

I loved the man-smooches as well. Why did Snart stay behind?

Why can't movie DC be like this?

by Anonymousreply 33712/02/2017

Really, Tovey's character is from Earth 1. He should have stayed, too. stupid.

by Anonymousreply 33812/02/2017

I LOLed, R334!

And yeah, the writers are not always good at moving characters on and off the board. They could have just sent Wally to Earth-2 to be with Jesse until they were ready to do something with him, but that would have made too much sense.

by Anonymousreply 33912/03/2017

[quote]Really, Tovey's character is from Earth 1. He should have stayed, too. stupid.

But if he had stayed then Earth-1's newest crisis would have been all the female inhabitants going around with wet spots on their clothing due to all that raw fuckin' masculinity on display.

by Anonymousreply 34012/03/2017

Poor Russell - will he ever live that down?

by Anonymousreply 34112/03/2017

Even Ray Palmer and Cisco had funny feelings around him.

by Anonymousreply 34212/03/2017

Even dudebros like Atom & Vibe have their body chemistry thrown off when in the presence of such strong masculine intensity as Tovey's.

by Anonymousreply 34312/03/2017

They were just thrown by that strange accent. Pennsyl-Vancouver?

by Anonymousreply 34412/03/2017

Looks like Snart is about to get a lobotomy in the next episode. For being gay? Sounds pretty dark.

by Anonymousreply 34512/06/2017

So, they got rid of Jackson as well? I guess they couldn't have both Professor Stein and Jackson live and leave the Legends on their own free will.

Love the latest one with the speaking toy being mistaken as a Vikings god.

by Anonymousreply 34612/06/2017

That was so ridiculous!!

But believable, those poor ignorant, superstitious people!

I had no idea Jackson was leaving as well! That sucks, poor guy. He probably didn't want to leave.

Does he have anything else lined up?

I love that Snart is back. Wtf is Millers's problem? Is he just super busy with other projects that he can't stick around?

by Anonymousreply 34712/06/2017

I assume he's leaving because they feel that you can only rehash a dead character so many times In different ways before it literally becomes tiring and ridiculous, even if he is wildly popular. At this point, I think the options are to either actually resurrect the character by going back in time or finding him in the "time stream" or whatever, or finally let go of him for good. They seem to have chosen the latter.

by Anonymousreply 34812/07/2017

Were there not plans to get rid of most of the original Legends and introduce some new Legends after season one?

Love Sigmund Freud Snart trying to help the Legends get over Stein's death with that ridiculous puppet. Wentworth is a comedy genius.

I've got to admit Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow got really good. That crossover special last week was pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 34912/07/2017

I see why someone compared Leo to Earth Kitt. Went is basically purring.

by Anonymousreply 350Last Monday at 3:50 PM

Miller is a really terrific guy. He enjoyed his time back on the show....especially kissing Tovey.

Wentie said he was literally drunk off of the masculinity after the kiss for the rest of the day.

It was like he absorbed some of Tovey's masculine might. Said he wanted to power lift, grab a brewski and scratch his balls all evening.

by Anonymousreply 351Last Wednesday at 12:49 AM

They're supposedly going to replace Firestorm with someone else from the Arrowverse who has already been seen.

Stein is dead and so is Ronnie and Jason so there's no one currently who can fuse with Jax to reform Firestorm.

by Anonymousreply 352Last Wednesday at 11:32 AM

Vixen and the new gal are too similar.

The MVPs are Steel, Canary and The Atom.

by Anonymousreply 353Last Wednesday at 2:31 PM

[quote]They're supposedly going to replace Firestorm with someone else from the Arrowverse who has already been seen.

It's Wally West.

by Anonymousreply 354Last Wednesday at 4:30 PM

I think the Eartha Kitt like purr is intentional. I remember Miller posted her "I Want to Be Evil" clip a couple of days before his first appearance as Captain Cold on the Flash.

I also think Katie Sakhoff has been a good camp replacement and would love to see them interact.

by Anonymousreply 355Last Thursday at 9:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!