Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jonathan Taylor Thomas

Midget gay, who conned the biggest sitcom star, by getting out of his contract, saying he wanted to go to college then didn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2021 10:39 PM

What's a little white lie. I commend Tim Allen for not forcing him to say.

And, anyway, they turned his character into an enviro weenie.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2016 10:43 PM

He went back to his original name, Weiss, and lived in Vancouver BC(?) post Home Improvement. I don't know what he did there.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2016 10:44 PM

R1, I feel like Tim Allen is a class act, coke-smuggling notwithstanding. I've never heard a bad word said about him from those who've had personal dealings with him. A fine gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2016 10:59 PM

OP, did you go to college? Or elementary school? Not one of those commas is necessary or correct.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2016 11:01 PM

He went to Harvard, as far as I know, don't see the con part.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2016 11:12 PM

JTT's mother was the one who pushed for her son to get out of her contract. She was sure he was destined to be a bigger star with a bigger payday somewhere else. Lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2016 11:17 PM

[quote]In 2000, he graduated with honors from Chaminade College Preparatory School in West Hills, California.[7][8] Upon graduation, he enrolled at Harvard University, where he studied philosophy and history and spent his third year abroad at St. Andrews University in Scotland.[9][10][11] In 2010, he graduated from the Columbia University School of General Studies.[12]

I know Wikipedia isn't the best source, but it's the first search result on Google

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2016 11:20 PM

What the hell Op? He did go to college. I don't think he was that successful at Yale but still, it's not like he left Home Improvement and just hung out.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2016 11:22 PM

OP is thinking of Chandler Massey.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2016 11:22 PM

JTT is the anti-abortion Christian fundie nut.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2016 11:23 PM

First of all the commas are correct.

Second he left the show TO go to school, which he did not. The OP didn't say he didn't go to college or finish school, but he USED that as lie to get out of his contract and he started doing other acting jobs, which quickly dried up or never materialized

He told Tim Allen that he was leaving so that he could attend college. In reality, however, he left to act in films. He appeared in the 1998 major motion picture I'll Be Home For Christmas. This film was supposed to be Thomas' big break into movies. Unfortunately for Thomas, however, the film was a critical and commercial failure. It cost about $30 million to make (not including marketing costs) but only garnered about $12 million in box office receipts.

He pulled a Shelly Long

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2016 11:29 PM

But he still sucks a good dick, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2016 11:30 PM

R10 is right,

We were forced to watch an anti-abortion video during 8th grade "sex Ed" at Catholic school. JTT played the voice of the fetus who talks the mom shopping abortions in the parking lot in front of the clinic out of her decision.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2016 12:19 AM

In all fairness, Tim Allen DID molest him as a child in a coke-fueled rage. Its an open secret in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2016 12:27 AM

You're kidding, R14. I've never heard that. If true, Allen should have his balls cut off.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2016 12:30 AM

Don't know about that, R3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2016 1:11 AM

R16 - The story is from 1998. You should at least have the decency to post the results.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2016 1:14 AM

[quote]First of all the commas are correct.

Actually, they're not all correct. But, r4 is not correct either.

[quote]Midget gay, who conned the biggest sitcom star, by getting out of his contract, saying he wanted to go to college then didn't do it.

This is not a complete sentence. There is no verb.

- The subject of the sentence is "gay" or "Midget gay" (with a missing hyphen).

- "Who conned the bigges sitcom star" is a dependent clause (also called a relative clause) that modifies the subject. "Who" is a relative pronoun.

- In order to assess whether the relative clause requires commas, one must determine whether it is "essential" or "nonessential." To know which "midget gay" about whom we are talking, must we have the information in the relative clause? If so, the relative clause is essential and requires no commas.

- The comma after "star" is unnecessary. "By getting out of his contract" is a prepositional phrase that modifies "conned." If it were an introductory phrase, you might offset it with a comma, but in the middle of a sentence it doesn't make sense.

- The comma after "contract" is questionable because the following portion is unclear. It's a tough call since it's a fragment sentence and doesn't have a verb. It depends on whether "saying" is meant to modify "conned" or whether it's actually the start of another clause. If it modifies "conned" then adding a conjunction to connect "by getting" and "saying" would work. You could also add make it read, "by getting...by saying."

- A comma before "then" might make sense, depending what other changes were made. (see how I used a particple and comma correctly? The rule is, if it's non-restrictive, extra information, use a comma. If it's restrictive and necessary information, no comma ).

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2016 1:16 AM

R4 Must you always play the nasty nun cunt always correctin other people's gramma on here to make your self feel better ? Pa-Thet-Ic Chill out and stop getting your habit in a snarl. Just listen ....

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2016 1:20 AM

Tim Allen molested JTT and JTT, in turn, appeared in four episodes of Allen's new series to show him that it's all water under the bridge? Gurl.

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2016 1:34 AM

Tim Allen never molested JTT. Even If he wanted to (which I doubt) JTT's mom was always around. She was a total stage mom.

I didn't mind that Randy left the show. As someone up thread mentioned, they turned him into a totally lame Eco warrior kind of kid. In the early seasons he was a funny little smart ass. He also had a whiny voice when he was older.

I wonder what JTT's relationship with his mother is like these days?

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2016 2:00 AM

I thought for a long time (when the show was on) that he and Tim Allen were related; they looked a lot like each other.

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2016 2:07 AM

[quote] JTT is the anti-abortion Christian fundie nut.

His last name is actually Weiss, which is a Jewish name.

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2016 2:09 AM

Probably the only time someone actually enjoyed having intercourse with Tim Allen.

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2016 2:10 AM

R22 That's a lot of the reason they cast Thomas- his resemblance to Tim. Another lady was originally cast as the mom (something Fisher, she was Clint eastwood's wife once) and the other two kids were supposed to resemble her. At least the older one with his blond hair.

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2016 2:12 AM

R12 honey, I still can't believe you and Taran are not homos.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2016 2:17 AM

Tim Allen is fug.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2016 2:28 AM

I had no idea that Tim Allen was still around, much less starring in a show now in its 5th season.

by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2016 2:54 AM

Oh, literal-and-out-of-context R12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 4, 2016 7:00 AM

Allen is fond of JTT, but in the sense that a father loves his son, R20. That's why Tim was so quick to forgive Jonathan and welcome him to his new show, he missed him. Stop making it weird.

JTT's finest work was on Speedway Junky, imo. He played a creepy, opportunistic bisexual teen hustler Stephen, and was gleefully icy and sleazy in it. This was also the most memorable lead role for doe-eyed, tragic loveliness Jordan Brower as Eric.

STEPHEN: "Evening, Losers. Get fucked in the ass tonight, Eric?" ERIC: "Yeah, by your Dad. Bitch came twice."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 4, 2016 7:12 AM

I want to tongue his piss slit.

by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2016 8:53 PM

I miss qwerty

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2016 9:25 PM

Some people are not old enough to remember qwerty, I fear.

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2016 9:31 PM

Did homos refer to their gay entourage as girls back in the 90s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2016 9:41 PM

JTT recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 4, 2016 9:45 PM

Wow, it took 32 replies before a longtime poster makes himself known. I do too, r32.

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2016 9:49 PM

Tim presented at the prime time Emmys the year Carson retired and gave a nice tribute to him.

Oh. Wait. I realize I'm going back over 20 years. Johnny Carson, former host of the Tonight Show.

If I ever got one of those cushy sitcoms I'd ride it into the ground. Stay forever. Money, money, MAH-KNEE

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2016 10:12 PM

Wow. That clip at r30 shows just how negligible JTT's talent was.

His voice always bore an uncanny similarity to Joey Lauren Adams'. Both she and Thomas/Weiss are exactly where they should be: "retired" from acting.

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2016 10:22 PM

The commas ARE correct. A comma signifies a pause in the thought or speaking as well as separating a clause. If that is how the OP is speaking then it IS correct. Commas have, more, than, one use. <- Is also correct if that is how I am saying the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 39April 4, 2016 10:28 PM

JTT's voice turned so cloyingly queeny as he aged.

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2016 10:32 PM

R37, JTT and his adorably grotesque cackle paid Leno's Tonight Show a visit back in '98, if that's of interest. He addressed gay rumors when Leno grilled him about it. Jay keeps interjecting with 'it's FINE' and 'not that there's anything WRONG with that', and JTT dissolves into giggles. I assume it was contrived laughter but I can't really tell when it's him. Child actors.

He ends his comment very earnestly, though, saying 'you should always be kinda careful with that Internet stuff'. Awh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 4, 2016 11:23 PM

[quote] His last name is actually Weiss, which is a Jewish name.

His wiki page says that he's Pennsylvania Dutch and Portugese. No mention of being Jewish.

Funniest thing is that when I started googling him, I typed in Jonathan Taylor Thomas.... and the auto predict text finished with... Dead. rofl

Why the fuck would people be doing searches on Jonathan Taylor Thomas Dead?? Maybe they're referring to his career? haha

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2016 11:36 PM

He looks like a English teacher to Asian foreign language students there, R35. I think it's the thick frames.

It's hard to argue, R38. Daryl Hannah and Jordan Brower gave the only truly affecting performances imo, and everything else is just pointless fluff (including the forgettable lead protagonist). Jordan's anguished unrequited love is the emotional core of the film, and had the script/direction focussed on his character, Eric,, I believe Speedway Junky would be an iconic gay film today. It's such a waste of a good performance, and the cross-cut scene where he has a breakdown alone in his squat imagining his mother figure deflowering his crush is even more gutwrenching for the fact. I would only ever recommend Speedway for Jordan's performance. Apart from that it is indeed a hacky mess, mostly due to bad/rushed production/casting and not enough screen-testing.

I still get a kick out of JTT's weird little bit part in it, even so. Maybe it's just the idea of a former sitcom kid talking about turning tricks, idk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 4, 2016 11:37 PM

JTT is the nephew (or cousin?) of stage actor Jeff Weiss, who is not Jewish. Weiss is a German name, it has no religious specificity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 4, 2016 11:43 PM

R37 Tim Allen is quite the charmer in front of a live crowd, ain't he? I can see how he managed to sweet-talk his way out of jailtime. He's a massive snitch and a Republican but he comes across so warm and likeable on the Tube that I don't have it in me to resist a smile. His jokes are filthy and really toe the line but somehow you hardly notice. It's all in the affability and the presence, genius.

Also, he's Buzz Lightyear, so he's hateproof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 4, 2016 11:56 PM

R10 if I'm not mistaken, this was the Anti-Abortion PSA he did.

Little Jimmy Norton, the sweet fancy transsexual-loving boy that he is, rips the ad to pieces and does a wonderful job.

[quote] NORTON: This is bullshit. First of all, how do they get a tape recorder up there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2016 9:24 PM

r21 Yes, child and youth abuse in showbiz was and is so minimal, he became a multi-millionaire for nothing but a bit of acting. I read the same PR-talk about Timberlake regularly. Also mind-control and MK U don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2016 9:35 PM

JTT was into the brown homosex

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Jesus

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2016 11:26 PM

[quote] "His jokes are filthy and really toe the line but somehow you hardly notice."

R45, how can jokes be filthy and "toe the line" at the same time? Look up the term "toe the line" and refrain from using it until you know what it means, please,

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2016 12:22 AM

[quote]His last name is actually Weiss, which is a Jewish name.

No, it's German.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2016 12:34 AM

Yeah - took awhile for someone to bring up Qwerty. For those of you new to this board, JTT supposedly used that as his name when he posted here. There were several threads and all arrows did point to him. Particularly when he was posting late at night and drunk.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2016 12:39 AM

Do you have any links, R52?

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2016 4:29 PM

[quote]The commas ARE correct. A comma signifies a pause in the thought or speaking as well as separating a clause. If that is how the OP is speaking then it IS correct. Commas have, more, than, one use. <- Is also correct if that is how I am saying the sentence.

No, they really aren't for the reasons I stated in r18.

As you noted, one might use commas to indicate breaks in speaking, but only in dialog. Prose is not spoken dialog.

Like etiquette, the rules of grammar provide for clarity through standardization and are not intended to bludgeon people. In the end, the fact that we need to debate the author's purpose indicates that there is a lack of clarity in his ideas; and therefore, the sentence fragment is incorrectly punctuated.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2016 4:47 PM

I love you, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2016 4:50 PM

Omg i remember when a reality star brought up him being gay and that was the first time i'd ever heard that rumour lol

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2016 5:22 PM

What reality star? R56

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2016 5:27 PM

Lo Bosworth from The Hills said it on an episode of Chelsea Latey.

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2016 5:45 PM

Correct R58

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2016 5:50 PM

A friend of mine ( male) was hit upon by JTT during their first year at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2016 9:54 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2016 10:15 AM

Jonathan Taylor Thomas is not yet 35 so r61 only those under maybe 25 might not know who he was. The show is still in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2016 6:07 PM

I found Tim Allen weirdly HOT during his Home Improvement days.

Just me?

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2016 6:21 PM

No, I also found Tim Allen hot when he was doing Home Improvement. Hairy chest, and that sound he made after saying "more power" always turned me on.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2016 6:27 PM

R64 ikr? I love the way he says 'Boy' at the end of his sentences, its masculine in an old-timey way.

Just remembered he used to call his dick/sack 'Big Jim and the Twins' in his standup, lmao.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2016 6:55 PM

I can't believe so few of these n00bs know about qwerty.

He's probably back in the archive search engine. He used to post often.

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2016 2:02 AM

What a shame, r66. These are clearly Once Around the Garden posters, but before long they may go full Autumn Harvest.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2016 2:35 AM

Keisha, he boring, girl.

by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2016 11:24 AM

JLA & JTT really do resemble one another R38, it's uncanny. Same voice, same face, same 3-inital name...

JLA isn't a bad actress though, and she isn't as hammy as JTT can be. She was the lead actress and the best thing about Chasing Amy plus she had a great supporting role in Dazed & Confused as 'Simone' the assistant-head cheerleader. Unfortunately her showcase scene in Dazed... was left on the cutting room floor. She's no Parker Posey but she's good enough for ensemble work or light comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 3, 2016 11:18 AM

R11, No, they are not. The first comma should probably be omitted, and the second one definitely should be. Moreover, your pronoun usage isn't the best. The first "his" is ambiguous and is better written as "his, JTT's, contract......."

by Anonymousreply 70November 3, 2016 11:35 AM

Jonathan Taylor Thomas has the AIDS you know

by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2017 6:08 AM

JTT started at Harvard and graduated from Columbia, a major step down.

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2017 11:14 AM

How many gay babies have been aborted since 1973?

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2017 12:28 PM

R60 it's hard to even imagine how that went. Like, how does JTT flirt with people? His manner is so strange.

by Anonymousreply 74October 20, 2017 10:14 PM

I've read that while attending college, JTT had a mental breakdown. Don't know it to be true, but the rumor has been out there for a while.

by Anonymousreply 75October 20, 2017 10:22 PM

He's obese these days, completely unrecognizable...I guess that's what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 76October 20, 2017 10:45 PM

2016 (according to Good Housekeeping magazine)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 20, 2017 11:43 PM

Tim Allen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 21, 2017 12:16 AM

R77, he looks just my type. Nerdy cute does it for me. Want to get gay married with him and flip fuck one another in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 79October 21, 2017 12:33 AM

[quote]that sound he made after saying "more power"

Is that the weird Shaggy-grunt thing that repeats throughout the theme song? That sound triggers me! I fucking hate that noise and can't turn the channel fast enough when that show comes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 21, 2017 1:49 AM

I haven't seen this show in syndication in forever, where are y'all watching this?

by Anonymousreply 81October 21, 2017 1:54 AM

JTT looks great now.

by Anonymousreply 82October 21, 2017 3:36 AM

Hi Jonathan. Welcome back. Bumping old threads?

by Anonymousreply 83October 21, 2017 6:10 AM

[quote] [R1], I feel like Tim Allen is a class act, coke-smuggling notwithstanding. I've never heard a bad word said about him from those who've had personal dealings with him. A fine gentleman.

He's a Republican and a Trump supporter.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 84October 21, 2017 6:45 AM

This is what Zachery ty Bryan turned out to look like as an adult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 21, 2017 6:51 AM

Sorry, that's JTT.. let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 21, 2017 6:52 AM

Taran Noah Smith (why did they all have three names?) grew up to be good looking, despite the gummy smile. He has very pretty eyes.

He's bitter about being a child actor (like most former chil actors are).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 21, 2017 6:54 AM

R75 man, that's heavy. Hope it isn't true but if it is I feel for the guy. One of the worst lifestages to have that happen to you as peers have no sympathy, and you don't yet have all the life skills to cope.

by Anonymousreply 88October 21, 2017 10:33 AM

r86 *shudder* He needs some chapstick.

by Anonymousreply 89October 21, 2017 11:31 AM

[quote]I found Tim Allen weirdly HOT during his Home Improvement days. Just me?

He was sort of hot but I was way more into his bear sidekick. Honestly I never saw the kids as stars and didn't even know their names, but I do remember watching Speedway Junky and recognizing JTT. BTW, he looks very cute now.

by Anonymousreply 90October 21, 2017 11:52 AM

[quote] You're kidding, [R14]. I've never heard that. If true, Allen should have his balls cut off.

Ball

by Anonymousreply 91October 21, 2017 12:25 PM

Can someone find Jonathan on Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2017 12:28 PM

JTT looks highly fuckable at r85.

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2017 1:22 PM

“Weiss” is a German name. Not all Germans are Jews.

There actually exist people named “Hoffman” and “Greenberg” and “Fine” who are Christian.

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2017 1:34 PM

Ghjkfthhh

by Anonymousreply 95October 21, 2017 1:38 PM

[quote]JTT looks highly fuckable at [R85].

He'll always be handsome and good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 96October 21, 2017 7:29 PM

JTT? I heard she's ADOPTED!!

by Anonymousreply 97October 21, 2017 7:58 PM

He apparently ran to be on the the National Board of SAG and got elected. There's a recent photo up of him (think 2017) and he looks GOOD. Just search for his name on the homepage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2018 6:05 AM

That's not a recent picture of him but he's cute with tiny little eyes and a curvy lips. Why does everyone think that makes him afflicted with homosexuality? His voice is light but he doesn't talk like a gay.

by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2018 6:15 AM

tim allen is a known trumpy cunt and hated in da bidness...

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2018 6:40 AM

whats the going rate to lick on JTT's cunt these days?

HE SO FINE, BETTER WITH AGE

by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2018 7:02 AM

"afflicted with homosexuality"?! Who are you, r99, Anita Bryant?

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2018 8:10 AM

Oh wow, I didn't know he was a board member of SAG

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2018 8:17 AM

R98 - That's not a "recent" photo of him, although I have no doubt he's still adorbs.

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2018 8:37 AM

He lives in California then...

by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2018 8:39 AM

It sounds like nobody on here knows anything about him (sadly).

It doesn’t sound like he has had any major scandals, which is good. He also appears to have grown up to be a stable adult.

I remember him in that Christmas movie with Jessica Biel or someone and then...nothing. It was like he disappeared.

I’m guessing he either genuinely wanted to leave the business or that that other 3 named child sitcom star, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, stole his career...

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2018 11:15 AM

Someone mentioned he looked like he could be Tim Allen's son. I read that is why he got the role. The casting people noticed the resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 107June 16, 2018 1:24 PM

any verificatia of size meat?

by Anonymousreply 108June 16, 2018 1:33 PM

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 109June 16, 2018 1:34 PM

he still cute as hell!!!

(I never liked that bozo tim allen tho…..neva!

by Anonymousreply 110June 16, 2018 1:40 PM

I fucked him off the coast of the Atlantic in his ass all summer once. He's a great kisser, so tite down there.

by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2018 4:33 AM

If his mouth could talk...

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2018 5:11 AM

QWERTY?

by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2018 5:21 AM

Haha, that's right; I'm back bitches. And happy to say that I finally had that long fantasized-about encounter with that Dawson's Creek alum (awhile ago, actually). It was one-time but beautiful. Now I'm just focused on my own boo here in Silver Lake.

Nice to know you're all still talking about me. Between my new job and this gossip, it feels good to be relevant. Stay thirsty, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2018 6:25 AM

qwerty1, you are DL's second favorite America's Sweetheart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2018 10:47 AM

I usually think of JTT from "Speedway Junky" where he played a gay boy prostitute.

And sexy Jesse Bradford, too.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2018 11:08 AM

Has JTT ever come out of the closet? What's his personal life like/ Wife, kids, husband?

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2018 11:17 AM

He is no Chandler Abit Massey!!!!

by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2018 12:13 PM

I hate Tim Allen and will not watch anything he is in. He is a horrible Republican.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2018 1:09 PM

To me, he'll always be Simba

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2018 1:13 PM

JTT looks a bit like Paul Rudd here. Tim Allen says that JTT really wants to direct and he's almost painfully shy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2018 1:56 PM

He's still a cutie! Haters can fuck the fuck off

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2018 4:10 PM

He looks like if Mario Lopez and Paul Rudd had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Apparently you guys have forgotten he played gay in another movie (though it's a TV movie). Common Ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2018 4:39 PM

Scene from Common Ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2018 4:44 PM

My teen 90s crush! he needs to make a comeback..

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Yum .. I wanted him so bad!

by Anonymousreply 127August 1, 2020 9:26 AM

Why the fuck has this four year old thread been bumped? Is that you, Jonathan?

by Anonymousreply 128August 1, 2020 9:28 AM

R13 Ye gods! That's more disturbing than an actual abortion!

by Anonymousreply 129August 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Weiss is not necessarily Jewish (although the Weiss I know happens to be). I know Christian families named Hoffman, Greenberg, Fine, Schultz, Katz, Meyer. All from church, growing up in CT.

Also didn’t realize when I moved to NYC that Brown, Miller and Taylor could be Jewish. Those were gentile names in CT.

by Anonymousreply 130August 1, 2020 10:32 AM

R45, we have very different taste.

The barrage of commas and the slightly cryptic lead pulled me in, I confess, as I didn't know who Jonathan Taylor Thomas is until I saw that he was a bad child actor in one of the worst sitcoms that ushered out the 20th Century.

How do you fuckers know so much about something so all around awful and from so long ago? Don't you purge your brains of these sorts of things and make room for new information? Evidently not.

The show was so terrible and Tim Allen so hammy and slimey that I never watched as much as five minutes at a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 131August 1, 2020 10:51 AM

[Quote] he's cool as hell and doesn’t pay attention to the Internet. He’s the best. We bond over ‘90s country.

Why 90s country??? 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 1, 2020 11:57 AM

jtt looks hot, ide do him now,,,,,asap.....still has that cute bubble ass

by Anonymousreply 133August 1, 2020 12:35 PM

He’s fucking hot… Short hot motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 134August 1, 2020 8:53 PM

Sex leprechaun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 1, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote] I feel like Tim Allen is a class act, coke-smuggling notwithstanding.

How things have changed in the last 4 years since the above comment. Now we know Tim Allen to be a lowlife right wing Trump loving piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2020 9:46 PM

R11 Don't you lump me in with that sad sack of shit!

by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2020 11:02 PM

JTT was my first crush on a white boy

by Anonymousreply 138August 2, 2020 1:03 AM

Short guys do it for me… big time.

by Anonymousreply 139August 2, 2020 2:36 AM

JTT tried to pull a River Phoenix by playing a teenage bisexual street hustler in Speedway Junky. Honestly, Jordan Brower was the real star of that film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 21, 2020 1:10 AM

So we never saw pole or hole?

by Anonymousreply 141August 21, 2020 1:11 AM

Did he ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 142August 21, 2020 1:12 AM

If only JTT could have fucked Corey Haim onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 143August 21, 2020 1:14 AM

Jon Voight, JTT, River Phoenix, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Robert Downey Jr and David Arquette all played gay hustlers in movies.

by Anonymousreply 144August 21, 2020 1:14 AM

The cast of Speedway Junky were all pretty hot, Jesse Bradford, Jordan Brower and JTT. Sadly, JTT and Brower were still 17 when it was filmed, so not much of was seen of either.

by Anonymousreply 145August 21, 2020 1:15 AM

JTT and Adam LaVorgna would be hot together. Jessica and JTT being a couple in this movie is hilarious, she's tall and butch and he's short and girly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 21, 2020 1:23 AM

I wish we could have at least seen his twink butt.

by Anonymousreply 147August 21, 2020 1:25 AM

JTT deserved an Oscar for this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 21, 2020 1:32 AM

JTT is like Chace Crawford, David Gallagher and Justin Berfield. His sexuality has been speculated and hasn't been tied to many people. He keeps an extremely low profile.

by Anonymousreply 149August 21, 2020 1:36 AM

JTT is a bonafide skank, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 150August 21, 2020 1:54 AM

He reminds me very much of Christian Slater. Not necessarily in his looks, but his style of delivery. It's become more apparent as he's gotten older.

by Anonymousreply 151August 21, 2020 2:20 AM

Jack Nicholson begat Christian Slater who begat JTT

by Anonymousreply 152August 21, 2020 12:30 PM

JTT and Taran Noah Smith aged well. Zach looks gross now. Taran has a weird toothy smile but he looks pretty young. Both seemed gay on Home Improvement especially Taran going through a goth and drama phase. They should had one of them come out on the show lol

by Anonymousreply 153August 21, 2020 4:03 PM

Also Zach is a right-wing Republican like Tim Allen judging from his Twitter. JTT may be a Christian and anti-abortion despite doing some gay and sexualized film roles. Taran seems very calm, is a vegan and lives on a boat, he seems resentful of being a child star probably was forced into it by his parents.

by Anonymousreply 154August 21, 2020 4:49 PM

Doesn't look too bad here. I can't stand Tim Allen nowadays, so I don't watch Last Man Standing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 21, 2020 5:32 PM

He does look like Tim Allen. He's the only child on Home Improvement that looks believably Tim and Jill's son.

by Anonymousreply 156August 22, 2020 3:40 PM

He went to Harvard!

by Anonymousreply 157August 22, 2020 3:43 PM

Sounds like Christian Slater but looks like Val Kilmer. JTT aged fortunately better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 22, 2020 4:26 PM

wanna suk his butt on a big brass bed in the back yard covered with honeysuckle vines..

by Anonymousreply 159August 25, 2020 7:42 AM

Little late to the conversation, but I’m sad to say it disappoints me that he didn’t go to college. Where was he accepted and what were his reasons for with drawing when it got close?

by Anonymousreply 160August 25, 2020 7:49 AM

He went to Harvard. A guy from my high school, an ice skater, was his suitemate. He said JTT isn’t gay, and would have been pissed if he heard someone say that (well over a decade ago).

by Anonymousreply 161August 25, 2020 8:26 AM

Male child stars are mostly doomed to short stature, maybe because of the stress from filming.

by Anonymousreply 162August 25, 2020 10:02 AM

Vice did a "WEHT JTT?" article last year. It's pretty informative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 25, 2020 10:46 AM

still hot....yummmmm

by Anonymousreply 164August 27, 2020 4:19 AM

What is the update of where he is today and what he’s been doing the last decade plus?

by Anonymousreply 165August 27, 2020 6:47 AM

R165 Looks like he’s executive producing now according to this article. He Is also on the national and LA local board of SAG/Aftra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 29, 2020 10:49 PM

Um - are any of you aware of the poster from years ago named QWERTY?

Has this not been mentioned before on this thread? Any old-timers want to chime in about Qwerty and his drunk posts?

by Anonymousreply 167August 30, 2020 1:46 AM

Damn cute man, love see that famous hole..

by Anonymousreply 168September 2, 2020 2:30 AM

JTT is no Joey Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 169September 2, 2020 2:45 AM

[quote] JTT is no Joey Lawrence.

Yeah. JTT has money.

by Anonymousreply 170September 2, 2020 2:59 AM

R145 Eric & Johnny of SPEEDWAY JUNKY are my first and forever otp. They should have been lovers and life partners, and it’s bullshjt how their story ended—but it was the mid ‘90s, a teen-interest film, and as you said a young cast, so there was no other way to play it.

Jordan Brower gave a wonderful standout performance as Eric, tender and dreamy and idealistic but still somehow believable and honest. Jordan was talented as well as beautiful and sweet; his departure from acting so early and so young (not long after this movie) was a loss to film & television. Did something happen to make him quit, or was he just not getting work?

SPEEDWAY JUNKY is all but forgotten now and was panned at the time, but personally I believe it is one of the better gay films of the decade. The cinematography is really skilled, high-quality and apt and memorable considering the budget and the subject matter; the plot is thick and emotionally-involving, without sacrificing pace or clarity; the script is sparky and well-characterised (albeit with horribly quaint and dated slang), delivered with conviction and natural ease that is a pleasure to watch unfold. It’s one of those movies I guard jealously like a dragon with hidden treasure, but st the same time wish had wider appreciation because it is so slept on.

If Nick Perry had just one film and one story in him, then I’m glad it was this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 5, 2021 10:07 PM

R171

I liked Speedway Junky. It was a touching story and I guess a more teenybopper version of My Own Private Idaho and Nowhere. But not as sexualized since some of the cast like Jordan and JTT were underage.

Jordan Brower was also on Teen Angel, some forgotten 90s TGIF cornball show but was actually quite funny. The dynamic between Marty the angel, Steve the average guy and Jordan the dumb but sweet surfer dude seemed like a love triangle. Homoromantic kind of like Boy Meets World and that other forgotten TGIF show Odd Man Out.

Jordan's career didn't took off. He kind of looked like a mix of Nick Carter and Devon Sawa but I think he had a nicer face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 5, 2021 10:43 PM

*take

by Anonymousreply 173February 5, 2021 10:44 PM

R167, Qwerty was mentioned several times upthread. Was it ever verified that he was JTT?

by Anonymousreply 174February 5, 2021 10:49 PM

R174 the last qwerty1 thread I remember reading (about a decade ago) had posters concluding that he probably wasn’t actually JTT, because the details he gave about his life (I.e. work, residence) didn’t track with what JTT was reportedly up to at the time. Posters were also expressing annoyance with him for his coyness and refusal to spill gossip, which likely spurred him to leave the board before he could reveal himself (or st least, drop more breadcrumbs).

That’s not to say the theory was officially debunked, only that by the time qwerty1 was posting less and retreating from the board not many DLers still believed 100% he was JTT. By the last sighting, posters were guessing that his real identity was a different actor; popular guesses included Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James Van Der Beek, Jon-Eric Hexum, Justin Berfield, Darren Criss, and Wesley Eure.

Almost twenty years on, qwerty1=JTT lingers on as an old DL legacy meme and unsolved mystery, rather than a verifiable fact. Until qwerty1 returns, comes clean and gives us receipts, we have no way to ever for sure know who he really was. Maybe it’s better that way.

Here is the link to his last well-known thread, ‘What famous peen have you sucked?’ (he was still posting occasional responses c.the early 2010s, but soon after left our merry company).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 6, 2021 10:18 AM

R172 great post, agree with everything you said. What an adorable pic of Jordan at the link! (he looks so young, though, creepy to think he was being sexualised that early...) Jordan really does resemble Devon Sawa, but imo he has three times the natural talent and charisma; not to be a mean bitch, but my eyes just seem to droop or fall off the screen trying to watch Sawa in anything, except NIKITA where he was basically watchable.

[quote] I liked Speedway Junky. It was a touching story and I guess a more teenybopper version of My Own Private Idaho and Nowhere. But not as sexualized since some of the cast like Jordan and JTT were underage.

Exactly, it’s a much less sophisticated, chaste, tweenaged Happy Hardcore version of MOPI. It’s one of those films many people are embarrassed to admit they liked or find sweet and entertaining; in fact, I know of several gays who have enjoyed it and have a fondness for it more than they’d ever publicly let on. It’s too bad Nick Perry didn’t make much else in the oeuvre of gay film, though a few years back I was pleased to discover he also made the short film MUST BE THE MUSIC with Milo Ventimiglia & Justin Erich (who also stars in SPEEDWAY), in 1996 and in a similar setting to SPEEDWAY, which to my mind makes it a kind of prologue. Idk what LA gay culture was actually like in the mid-late 90s, but the movie feels like an accurate depiction. Atm it’s available to watch in its 16-minute entirety on Vimeo (at the link)—it feels unfinished, like of like a pilot for a series that never was, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 6, 2021 10:38 AM

[quote] Jordan Brower was also on Teen Angel, some forgotten 90s TGIF cornball show but was actually quite funny. The dynamic between Marty the angel, Steve the average guy and Jordan the dumb but sweet surfer dude seemed like a love triangle. Homoromantic kind of like Boy Meets World and that other forgotten TGIF show Odd Man Out.

Yes! Glad it wasn’t just me who clocked that. There’s even an episode of TEEN ANGEL that lampshades and leans into their triangle, the tenth episode titled ‘Steve & Marty & Jordan & Uncle Lou’. In it, the very campy angel Marty is becoming ragingly jealous of how close his mortal BFF Steve is getting to gorgeous school himbo Jordan (yep, Jordan Brower played a character with his own name), to the point that other characters mock Marty for having a crush and he doesn’t really deny it (MARTY: "I knew he'd leave me one day---but did it have to be for a blond? It's so TYPICAL. (beat) There, I said it!")

As a kid I originally watched TA because I had a crush on Jordan, but I stayed for the writing and the characters. It was such an underrated show, whipsmart and unique with brilliant performances. The script came from the original writers on THE SIMPSONS (back when it was actually clever and funny), and so it stood out from the more tame shows in the ABC block. All these years later, idk why TA only had one season and wasn’t nearly as popular as the other (arguably weaker and lamer) TGIF shows. Even worse, afaik no platform streams it, and you can’t even get it on DVD. More people should see it.

Incredibly, cute little Jordan was only 15 when he worked on the show, the baby to 18/19 year old co-leads Mike Damus & Corbin Allred (also sadly overlooked ex-actors with a lot of talent).

(ODD MAN OUT was also my shit back then and that show should get more love, but discussing that we’re veering way OT)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 6, 2021 10:56 AM

JTT bought fellow former-child-actor and sexually-ambiguous ex-twink Drake Bell’s house a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 9, 2021 10:29 PM

R178, he might have bought Drake also.

by Anonymousreply 179February 9, 2021 10:31 PM

R179 oh honey, you don’t have to pay to get him.

by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2021 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!