Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daredevil (season 2)

Lots of great eye candy. Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil is the hottest of the guys (he has incredible hands and forearms), but for daddylovers, there's both Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle/The Punisher and Matt Gerald as Melvin Potter (someday to become the Gladiator)

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2018 7:13 PM

I find myself oddly attracted to Foggy Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2016 5:28 AM

That IS odd.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2016 5:29 AM

Is it out yet?

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2016 5:29 AM

I don't know, I just kind of want to cuddle with Elden Henson. I don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2016 5:31 AM

It came out today.

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2016 5:31 AM

Michelle Hurd as the district attorney's office has the ugliest fake shade of blonde hair I have ever seen in my life.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2016 5:35 AM

Is THAT who that is. I kept trying to place her.

Foggy's scene standing up to her was what kind of turned me on.

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Sorry, I meant Michelle Hurd as the district attorney, not her office.

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2016 5:41 AM

The actor who plays Foggy looks like a demented and inbred Mormon. In fact he reminds me of Jimmy Osmond.

Michelle Hurd used to be very cute. The blonde hair on a biracial woman look doesn't work on her. She looks tacky. In addition her face looks too lean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2016 5:53 AM

I just reached the drill torture scene. I had to turn it off for a few minutes and leave. Yuck.

This season is not nearly as interesting as last season. He looked sexier with the all-black and simpler outfit and mask.

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2016 7:27 AM

[quote]I find myself oddly attracted to Foggy Nelson.

A great character and an actor who plays him perfectly. One might say he's the soul of the series.

I'm on episode three. I've avoided spoilery reviews but apparently episode 4 has set some reviewers on fire.

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2016 8:00 AM

I like the actor who plays Foggy a lot, but I cannot say I find him attractive.

So far the season has been a bizarre alternation of very bloody ultra-violence and endless static speechifying. The Punisher gives a boring speech in episode 4 that goes on forever.

I'm now on episode 5. They've made Elektra into a snobby Eurotrash superbitch, which is really appalling. It's like having Elizabeth Hurley's queen character from The Royals as a supervillain.

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2016 8:34 AM

Hurd's curly blonde hair looked good on her police procedural (L&O?). It's simply straightened and poorly styled on DD (and yes, her face is too lean).

I turned it off partially through ep 6. I wasn't a big fan of season 1, and this season is worse. The writing is rough; and yes, The Punisher's sleep-inducing speech in ep 4 was better than taking Ativan. The combination of the manner in which Elektra's character was written and Yung's portrayal of the character takes me even further out of the show (there is more that isn't quite working for me; yet, they'd be spoilers).

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2016 9:09 AM

Well Garret Dillahunt likes it, R6.

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2016 10:02 AM

[quote]They've made Elektra into a snobby Eurotrash superbitch, which is really appalling.

What did you expect? Ben Affleck's baby talking wife? In the comics Elektra is Greek and her father ends up being the Greek ambassador to the US. She's also one crazy bitch. She was created by Frank Miller which probably tells everything you need to know. I'm on episode 5 and I like this Elektra way more than Garner's version.

[quote] The Punisher's sleep-inducing speech in ep 4 was better than taking Ativan.

Geez, it lasted a couple of minutes, not half an hour, and it was a beautiful story of a dad coming back from the army and seeing his family alive the last time for one night. They could've told it in flashbacks but I liked this way better.

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2016 10:28 AM

BTW I want so bad to fuck Jon Bernthal's Frank Castle. I almost got a boner watching him fight Daredevil. Damaged straight boys are my weakness. Especially if they look like Bernthal.

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2016 10:48 AM

Really? Bernthal did a good performance but Thomas Jane was a better Punisher. Had more charisma and intensity. Also I didn't think Bernthal's southern accent suited Punisher.

I loved Yung's take on Elektra. Perfection!

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2016 11:05 AM

[quote] What did you expect? Ben Affleck's baby talking wife? In the comics Elektra is Greek and her father ends up being the Greek ambassador to the US. She's also one crazy bitch. She was created by Frank Miller which probably tells everything you need to know. I'm on episode 5 and I like this Elektra way more than Garner's version.

It's not like there are only two choices: Yung's way or Garner's way.

Miller's Elektra in her original appearances in the comic did not often say much: she was more commanding and menacing, and she was seductive but not spoiled (that ended when her father was killed). I prefer that to either filmed version.

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2016 4:09 PM

Is it still showing a Hells Kitchen where gay people don't exist? Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2016 5:52 PM

Foggy got even fatter this year. So doughy and gross. I guess he is supposed to have the realistic body type that straight nerds can relate to?

Lay off the rhubarb, Fogs!

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2016 5:56 PM

Foggy's love interest should be Lens Dunham. They'd be perfect together.

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2016 5:57 PM

Bernthal's profile shots make me want to fap, fap fap! I love a boxer bent nose. MMM. I want him to tie me up on a rooftop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2016 5:59 PM

Foggy is SUPPOSED to be fat, r20. And whoever said the actor who plays him looks just like Jimmy Osmond is spot on.

[quote] Geez, it lasted a couple of minutes, not half an hour,

One review clocked that endless speech at a full six minutes, which on television comes across as an hour. That is a ridiculously long time for a monologue on TV. It was really a huge mistake on the part of the show runner to allow the writers to do that.

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2016 6:37 PM

I just woke up from that monologue

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2016 6:57 PM

The monologue felt especially long because the show is usually so action-packed and fast-paced. Plus it was really preachy. Just two characters talking, no tension, nothing happening for what feels like forever on TV. It's not a stage play.

And lol at the OP calling The Punisher a daddy. Technically his character is(was) a father, but both Jon (39) and Charlie (33) are in their 30s, only six years apart.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2016 12:08 AM

Daddyhood is not dependent on age but on a state of mind and appearance.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2016 4:22 AM

Punisher's monologue was long but I thought Bernthal nailed. I've watched 9 episodes now and I am really impressed by him, think he is doing a fantastic job.

I also like Yung's (and the shows take) on Elektra. I never really could get into the comic character, but I like what the show has been doing.

This season took a couple episodes for me to get into it, but now I actually think it is a better show than the first season. We will see how the season finishes, but I just feel the overall writing and pacing has been tighter.

Btw Elektra's comment about recognizing Matt's ass in his suit is so taken from a famous comic where Midnighter says that about Nightwing.

[quote]Is it still showing a Hells Kitchen where gay people don't exist?

There was a line that implied the mayor of New York is gay. I don't know if it was meant as a joke, or if he is actually supposed to be gay. We haven't met the character, but maybe at some point?

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2016 6:28 AM

SPOILERS!

On episode 7.

Bernthal isn't very charismatic as the Punisher, but he's a good actor. I am baffled by the logic of Nelson & Murdock defending the Punisher--they didn't explain that very well (especially how Matt could convince Foggy of defending him)

Elektra is more annoying than mysterious and scary in this version, which is a pity. It seems unbelievable Matt would trust her to engage in this mission with her. However, it makes much more sense for him to be involved in hand to hand combat with her than be up against the guns of the Punisher.

Deborah Ann Woll is a terrific actress.

Charlie Cox is very sexy, and is a good actor. I like how his Matt Murdock is a very arrogant and violent guy but also simultaneously a nice person (it's hard to believe those two sides could seem natural, but they do in his portrayal).

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2016 7:08 AM

[quote]Is it still showing a Hells Kitchen where gay people don't exist? Yawn.

You do realize that this show isn't about the results of gentrification? It's about a hot blind guy that swings from building to building fighting crime.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2016 10:53 AM

That takes place in NYC r29. Gay people are a huge and visible part of the fabric of the city. Given this is not even made for kids there is no reason hide that, Jessica Jones didn't.

It's as silly as Friends taking place in a NY that looked lily white.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2016 2:09 PM

EVERYBODY WHO WATCHES THIS IS AN IDIOT.

CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2016 2:10 PM

[quote]That takes place in NYC [R29]. Gay people are a huge and visible part of the fabric of the city. Given this is not even made for kids there is no reason hide that, Jessica Jones didn't.

[quote]It's as silly as Friends taking place in a NY that looked lily white.

No "Friends" took place in parts of NY where lily white people hung out with their lily white friends. This show just isn't like the other shows that take place in New York.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2016 3:20 PM

[quote] You do realize that this show isn't about the results of gentrification? It's about a hot blind guy that swings from building to building fighting crime.

He has yet to swing from building to building on the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2016 3:42 PM

First part of the season was amazing, when the focus was on the Punisher. When he got caught it got just too much, too many storylines to follow, and they did a horrible job executing them. Too many characters, too many lose ends, too many plot holes. This season sucked ass. WTF happened to the kids? What was the hole for? So many questions, not enough answers. I'm absolutely not happy with this season at all. Just too much going on. I wish they had fewer stories and characters to tell, then maybe they would have told that better than the sh*t we got to see.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2016 5:50 PM

It isn't a plot hole to leave cliff hangers and questions that haven't been answered r34. Sure you can say it is frustrating, but they know there is more Daredevil coming and they plan out of the story arcs accordingly.

I do get what you are saying, this plot was more involved than the relatively simple arc of the first season that was just Daredevil vs Kingpin. But that was appropriate, the world has to expand and I thought they did a great job. Though the season finale itself wasn't the strongest ender, but that was also one of their weakest episodes first season.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2016 8:27 PM

[quote]He has yet to swing from building to building on the TV show.

He does once he gets his official billy club at the end of the season.

[quote]It's about a hot blind guy

One thing I find interesting is how realistic Charlie Cox's body is, I mean it is nice and he is very built, but he actually looks like a real guy. Given the out of this world HGH/steroid- induced bodies of Chris Evan's Captain America and Chris Hemsworth's Thor (or even Chris Pratt in Guardian of the Galaxy) it is a refreshing change.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2016 10:39 PM

Charlie Cox is hot but I'm still pissed about him shaving his chest for this.

The Punisher is HOT AF. I kept wishing the two would bone in any scene where they were close.

The violence was off the charts.

The Foggy actor and Debra Ann Woll were great. I'm really happy she's found something stable after True Blood ended.

I also enjoyed Elektra. She was a crazy bitch but she sure did love Daredevil and he loved her in their own damaged, twisted way. It's actually the first time I've ever enjoyed the character as I never liked her in her comic appearances either.

I actually liked this season better than season one and I hated season one. However, they both pale in comparison to Jessica Jones.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2016 10:46 AM

[quote]The Foggy actor and Debra Ann Woll were great.

I think Debra is terrific in this, but I am not impressed with the guy that plays Foggy. He isn't terrible or anything, but kinda meh.

[quote]The Punisher is HOT AF. I kept wishing the two would bone in any scene where they were close.

Haha, yeah what I wouldn't give to see the character punish Matt's hole.

I assuming "The Defenders" plotline will be them taking on the Hand now that they have their hands on Electra's ambiguous "black sky". If I understand the schedule we are going to get the Defenders series before we see a third season of Daredevil.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2016 3:10 PM

I actually liked the show much more when the fighting with the Punisher was over and the Hand came in. Elektra became more interesting as the season progresses, although at first she's a bitch too much like Lady Mary Crawley with kung fu.

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2016 7:00 PM

Will they EVER introduce gay characters? It just sucks because they keep mentioning gay stuff, even this season, the mayor "and his boyfriend". They don't seem to mind mentioning gay people, yet actually introducing gay characters is a big no-no? I'm so sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2016 7:14 PM

[quote]Will they EVER introduce gay characters? It just sucks because they keep mentioning gay stuff, even this season, the mayor "and his boyfriend"

There is a gay character that pops up as a surprise cameo and it's someone you would know if you've watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

However, there was a response to this last year ... and it seems they still haven't worked it out. Check out the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2016 7:20 PM

[quote] Will they EVER introduce gay characters?

Why should they?

by Anonymousreply 42March 22, 2016 1:37 AM

[quote]Why should they?

Why do you think they make an effort to have a racially diverse cast of characters?

by Anonymousreply 43March 22, 2016 2:57 AM

I have a lot of comic books but don't know or recall:

How much of the TV show is close to the original comic book stories?

Do Daredevil and Punisher ever meet in the comic books?

What's with the Black Sky stuff? In the comic books?

Thanks. Just finished Season 2: love the balletic fight scenes.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2016 6:30 AM

[quote]How much of the TV show is close to the original comic book stories? Do Daredevil and Punisher ever meet in the comic books?

The plot is not directly following a specific story arc (that I know of), but the characters are pretty faithfully brought to life from the comics. The entire Daredevil and Punisher rooftop scene was basically directly lifted from the comics.

[quote]What's with the Black Sky stuff? In the comic books?

There is no black sky from the comics, so no answers as to where they are going with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2016 1:48 PM

[quote]The plot is not directly following a specific story arc (that I know of), but the characters are pretty faithfully brought to life from the comics.

I'm just hoping and praying they don't go anywhere near "Born Again" from the comics because I like this Karen Page far too much but they hinted at it in the first season and hinted at it again at the end of this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2016 5:46 AM

I just finished the finale. I loved season one but can't say I liked this season too much. Sure the show's solid and well made but something was missing. I really liked Matt with Foggy and Karen in their law firm on season one. It felt real and somehow emotionally right, and it was a nice counterbalance for all the stuff happening with Daredevil.

This season started well with The Punisher but the problems began when things moved to Elektra and The Hand. I mean it was ok at first but at some point I realized The Hand feels a lot like The League of Assassins from DC's Arrow with all the unexplained and silly supernatural stuff. Yes supernatural is part of Daredevil in the comics although I haven't read them much and not for a long time but for some reason I didn't feel any emotional connection with the Hand storyline. I don't understand what hell was Black Sky supposed to be and how Elektra was supposed to be Black Sky. But mostly I just didn't care. The things that made me love Matt and his buddies on season one were completely missing with Elektra. Even though I liked Elektra at first in the end I really saw no reason why Matt would want to be with her.

I wish they'd taken a more down to earth approach this season, or at least would've written the whole thing much better. I was sensing same kind of empty filling in the storylines and overall emotional emptiness that made me dislike Jessica Jones although thankfully things never got that bad here.

First season was easily 4.75 stars, this one maybe 3.75 or 4.0.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2016 6:08 AM

Know what the worst thing about this show is? The way they shaved Charlie Cox's beautiful furry chest smooth.

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2016 3:49 AM

[quote] Even though I liked Elektra at first in the end I really saw no reason why Matt would want to be with her.

Really? I don't get this complaint again. How would be not want to be with her?

Matt Murdock spends most of his life pretending. With Elecktra there is no pretending, she knows everything there is to know about him and his crazy life and completely understands. Contrast with Foggy who the show spent the season showing did he not, he can understand this one side of Matt but he doesn't actually get the real him "I'm talking to my friend not the vigilante" "They are the same person Foggy". Hell she has the same passions and training he does, and he can even go fight the bad guys with her. She represents his chance for a real life partner.

[quote]The way they shaved Charlie Cox's beautiful furry chest smooth.

Agreed. I will always appreciate how Cavill fought hard to keep his chest hair for Superman. I hate how the guys all have to be hairless.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2016 6:20 PM

It was an OK season--it definitely got better as it went on. The Punisher stuff in the first four episodes was strange because guns are just not what Daredevil's about, but when it became more about Elektra and the Hand it became more interesting.

We never found out what that giant hole was about, or what was up with those drugged-out zombie children.

I find Karen kind of dreary--I couldn't figure out why she was so obsessed with the Punisher (it has something to do with the mysterious past the show keeps hinting at but not explaining). I hope they get rid of her and bring in Heather Glenn, Daredevil's other major girlfriend character, who is usually upbeat and ditzy.

by Anonymousreply 50March 29, 2016 7:26 PM

I loved the series. But I hate the way it ended ... first, telling Karen should have come much sooner, and second, I hate that he and Foggie are on the outs. Their relationship is core.

by Anonymousreply 51March 30, 2016 12:08 AM

[quote] We never found out what that giant hole was about, or what was up with those drugged-out zombie children.

For the giant gaping hole question, it was almost like they were implying the hole went so deep it went all the way to China or whatever mystical land where the Hand and Iron Fist hang out like a portal to somewhere. Maybe it will be addressed again in Iron Fist. It was also mentioned that such huge quantities of heroin were coming into the city they couldn't figure out how it was possible but then it showed a bunch coming in on a boat so who knows? Neither of these seem like good possibilities, but that's all I could pick up.

As far as the bled-out children, the doctor said it was like their bodies were being used to incubate some kind of drug. I feel like it's the drug that brings people back to life and will bring back Elektra. That one assassin that burned to death in season 1 Nobu I think came back and then Claire the nurse was like this guy already has autopsy scars so I feel like they are bringing people back to life somehow.

by Anonymousreply 52March 30, 2016 3:36 AM

Yeah, all those ninja in the final roof-top fighting scene were supposedly 'raised from the dead' (as the excuse for why Daredevil didn't seem bothered that they were being killed, because they were "already dead").

But yeah I wish they had revealed more about that big hole and what the hell THAT was all about.

by Anonymousreply 53March 30, 2016 4:16 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Forgot I can't link that website, but Charlie Cox announced the "Defenders" series will begin filming later this year once they are done with "Iron Fist".

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2016 3:37 PM

[bold]Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Casts Jay Ali for Season 3[/bold]

[quote]Ali will play Rahul “Ray” Nadeem, whom Marvel describes as “an honest, but ambitious FBI agent willing to go to any length for his family.” He joins the returning cast that includes Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, and as Vincent D’Onofrio as Wilson Fisk.

[quote]Ali’s recent credits include “The Fosters,” “Significant Mother,” “Me, Myself, and I,” and “Pitch.” He was recently in Sony Pictures’ film “Darling Companion,” and shot the lead in the upcoming indie “The Illegal.”

Hot fucker is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2018 9:20 PM

[bold]Wilson Bethel To Portray Bullseye in ‘Daredevil’ Season 3[/bold]

[quote]Actor Wilson Bethel, cast in November as an FBI agent, will be bringing the legendary assassin to life. Information about Bethel’s character was withheld by Marvel TV at the time of the release and know we can see why. Comic fans know Bullseye as either “Lester” or “Benjamin Pointdexter”, but there is actually an alternate version of Bullseye that Marvel TV could be drawing on for inspiration here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 16, 2018 6:28 PM

Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2018 6:28 PM

I'm on the final episode of the season. It was miles better than S2 and on par, if not better than, s1.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2018 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!