Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's me, TV's Sweetheart, Susan Richardson!

Today is my birthday, and I could really use your good wishes and many happy returnses.

I'm not usually drawn to melancholy, but sometimes when milestones hit, you can't help but think of the roads not taken. If I'd have gunned the engine when I saw Debralee Scott in that intersection in 1978, I know I would have gotten the role in ANGIE. Doris Roberts loves me; I remember it clearly, after we read our audition scene together, Doris looked me right in the eyes, patted my shoulder and said, "Bless your heart." What might have been...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2023 5:26 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2016 5:57 PM

I'm not an old Frau so I don't know who this girl is, but she looks wholesome and cute.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Stop making fun of her. Her run down trailer in PA was torn up by a tornado last month and she has no place to live anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Why are her teeth yellow?

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2016 6:01 PM

r4 It was taken in the old days before whitening tooth products.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2016 6:05 PM

Why is this a dl meme?

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2016 6:06 PM

Her story is sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2016 6:07 PM

Fuck you, OP

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2016 6:13 PM

She's sitting with Steven Spielberg and Daphne Zuniga at Nancy Reagan's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Loved her as the bratty neighbor 'Harriet' on small wonder!

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2016 6:51 PM

Oof. A taste of honey is worse than none.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2016 6:51 PM

Happy Birthday Susan ! Do you have Grant Goodeve's phone number ? Vincent Van Patten's ? Jimmy's ? How's WIllie Aames looking these days ?

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2016 8:28 PM

Someone else posted a paragraph here about that photo that was perfect, imagining her stopped at the light by a fan wanting to take her picture. Anyone have a link?

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2016 8:41 PM

How's your pointy-headed baby?

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2016 8:42 PM

Happy Birthday you crazy bitch. I've been asking you this since I was 10. Will you stop sending me pictures of your twat?

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2016 8:46 PM

[quote] Loved her as the bratty neighbor 'Harriet' on small wonder!

Um, that was me.

by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2016 8:51 PM

Adam Rich thought of me on my birthday!! I was struggling to get my CPAP machine out of the car (long story - it had to be professionally fumigated) and I heard the phone ringing in the trailer. Guess who it was? It was Blue Shield reminding me that I'm late on my insurance payments and in real danger of losing my coverage. But guess who the customer service agent was -- Adam Rich!!

I told him how touched I was that he remembered my special day, and he seemed so excited to hear from me -- talking a mile a minute, kind of rambling, really, and to be honest, not making much sense at all. I remember we used to have to medicate him pretty heavily to keep him focused on EiE, and so I joked to him that it sounded like he needed some of his old medication. He asked if I had a number, which I thought was very sweet, Then he asked if he could borrow $50, which I thought was funny because if I had $50, he wouldn't have been calling me to remind me about my late insurance payment. Same old Adam!

It just shows to go ya, you never know when your day will take an unexpected and serendipitous turn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2016 7:34 PM

Her bio's a heartbreaking read. I almost feel bad about how endlessly funny the title of this post is. Almost.

Still hoping someone has a link to the old caption for this picture.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2016 4:29 PM

Stop feeling sorry for Susan Richardson. This is datalounge, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2016 4:31 PM

[quote]Her run down trailer in PA was torn up by a tornado last month and she has no place to live anymore.

Authorities found a plate of homemade wishes that apparently was blown off the kitchen windowsill.

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2016 4:40 PM

I remember her in an interview in which she described being kidnapped and whisked away to Mexico or something. And when she was told that authorities were not able to corroborate her story (it never happened, according to police), she said, "Why would I share this on TV knowing that my captors said they'd kill me if I ever told?" Think of that logic: X is true because I'm not supposed to tell, so what would compel me to tell except that it's true?

Sad. But that picture is funny.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2016 4:45 PM

Sorry I haven't been in touch with you guys for a few days, but something amazing happened!! Dick van Patten died (that's not the amazing part, that's the sad part -- he was actually the only father I'd ever known, and haven't been sleeping much since he passed) and all the legal stuff with his will just finished up. He left me $2500!!!!! This couldn't come at a better time for me -- it'll fully cover the deductible on my trailer insurance (which was an earlier, prescient, gift from Dickie) so I'll be able to get a new (well, gently used) place to live.

There was a brief investigation into my missing trailer, which was absolutely carried away in its entirety in the recent tornado that luckily left everyone else's property untouched. Apparently, someone claimed to have seen me pulling the trailer behind my car out near Wexel's Swamp, and they jumped to conclusions when my trailer later disappeared. But after hours of talking to the insurance investigator and begging her to reconsider dragging the swamp (the environment!), she looked at me with the kindest, most tear-filled eyes I've ever seen and checked the box on the form marked "accident"!

I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have three angels on my shoulder -- Lani, Diana and now Dickie. Life is good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2016 7:52 PM

Grant Goodeve's phone number, bitch ....... I mean, sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2016 8:02 PM

So what if she's poor and lives in a trailer. At least she's not on welfare, demanding government paid for antiretrovirals, while taking load after load of AIDS infested cum up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2016 8:03 PM

When Diana Hyland died, I was so sad. I cried through that whole first season, watching her get weaker and weaker, and then she was gone. She was a nice lady. It was a very sad time for me. I wasn't even too sure I wanted to continue with the show, but when I thought about my mom's gambling problem, well that distracted me and I ended up staying. Good decison-making there, Soos!

What was I saying, Oh right, then Butty Buckley arrived. Well, Lani and Grant, and Dianne and also Willie and Connie as well as Adam and me didn't like Betty at first. Laurie really didn't care for her, either!

But you know what, Connie never really liked anybody, so not sure if she counts. Anyway, Betty and I were thick as thieves for the better part of the first week of shooting. We drank with the crew and smoked a lot. But we drifted apart soon after and -- funny story -- never spoke again during the run of the show except when the script called for it. That's one's not right.

So, the election is kind of like that, and I was thinking about it today. It made me sad, but I got through it, and although I was a lot poorer and alone at the end, my teeth were REALLY bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2016 2:41 AM

And why is it we make fun of her?

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2016 2:50 AM

The OP has a weird obsession with her.

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2016 2:51 AM

Hey Sue, did you have get to blow Willie Aames ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2016 3:42 AM

Someone cast this woman in a horror movie already. Or American Horror Story. Surely she can play a chaperone at the flashback hootenanny in a future season, can't she?

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2016 3:50 AM

What are her feet like?

by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2016 4:07 AM

She's on the short list for Trump's Secretary of Health and Human Services

by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2016 4:12 AM

[quote] Stop making fun of her. Her run down trailer in PA was torn up by a tornado last month and she has no place to live anymore.

Perhaps she should try Oz.

by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2016 5:15 AM

Willie Aames was incredibly hot for someone who probably thinks I'm going to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2016 5:16 AM

Plate of homemade wishes. Is that like a basket of kisses?

by Anonymousreply 34November 10, 2016 5:28 AM

Please. Her trailer is a darling Air Stream type. 2000.00 is about what I've made on my best month.

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2016 5:37 AM

Why can't she do musicals, and get DUIs, in the regions?

by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2016 7:22 AM

I haven't seen the Susan Richardson troll on here in so long. Welcome back!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37November 10, 2016 7:43 AM

You guys are so sweet and created a whole separate thread to celebrate my work on the linked Osmond special with Poor Debbie Reynolds. Because my New Year's resolution is to be more organized, I'm re-posting my response in this thread so that everything is in one place.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I was high as tits when I did that intro. I used to have a copy of the episode on reel-to-reel (which I didn't know when I recorded it, only has audio -- oh Soos, never change!) but it was lost in one of the moves or one of the twisters took it, or hell, to be real truthful with you guys, I may have freebased the magnetic tape, which sounds hilarious but actually almost ruined my life. If you put a gun to my head (and I've been there) I couldn't tell you for certain what happened to that tape, or to most of my possessions. Things slip away and sometimes they can't be recovered.

The memories of all the fun we had during that week of filming the Osmond show all came flooding back to me this week with the news about poor Carrie and Debbie. I'm as shocked as all of you to hear they were close. Debbie didn't speak to me during the filming (she was chummy with Marie and Ruth, but acted like I was there on a work release program, which technically I was, so I can't hold that against her) but about a year later I bussed her table at a California Pizza Kitchen and she was spitting nails about Carrie! If I hadn't been knee-deep in whippits that day, I'd be able to tell you what she said, but trust me, Debbie had had it up to pussy's bow with Miss Carrie.

Debbie was much like my own mother, put off by her daughter's precociousness, mental illness and endless self-medication, all the while struggling with a pretty serious gambling problem. I always felt for her. I only ever saw her once more, on the lot when I was shooting one of the EiE reunion films (the Mary Frann one?). I knew she collected old Hollywood costumes, so I offered her the ball cap I'd worn on some classic EiE episodes, and she took it but I never saw it displayed anywhere. A friend with a computer printed out the catalog off of the internet for me from her auction when she sold everything a few years back, but I didn't see my ball cap listed. I guess she couldn’t part with it!

Carrie, I never liked. I first met her when she was about 14 at an audition for a guest shot on Cannon. Carrie was sitting next to me while we waited to read and when I made a mad dash to the bathroom (Soos -- how could you have not known about the IBS?!) she dumped her Coke all over my sides which made me unprepared when it was time to read. I mean, I never made it into the room to read because I'd shit myself, but I still saw how Carrie tried to sabotage me. Anyway it all worked out fine because I heard later that Carrie was molested by William Conrad.

I've had a lot of loss in my life, but when I remember friends like Marie Osmond and Debbie, it makes me feel like everything is gonna be okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2016 7:59 PM

^^^That post is me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2016 8:00 PM

Susan Richardson has contacted the tabloids in the past to give them a story about her having a hard time. In one photo she was sitting in a baby's crib with a long, sad face. She has problems in the upper story.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2016 8:30 PM

Susan was on a talk show with Dick Van Patton and others years ago. She stated that she was overseas, was kidnapped, and forced to become a prostitute (be careful with that one). After the show she talked to Dick about needing money and he gave her $300. Her life has been like a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2016 8:37 PM

Well gang, it seems like I only ever talk to you at weddings and funerals these days, and since no one gets married anymore (except for you gays! why am i never invited?!) it feels like I'm writing the obituary column for the Sacramento Register! Oh, poor Erin Moran.

You know ol' Soos, I'm honest to a /fault, so I gotta tell you guys: I did not like Erin Moran at all. Yes, it was partly because she called me "Susan Bitchardson" at Battle of the Network Stars, which was real insensitive because I was feeling vulnerable after a nasty dustup with Jane Curtin (who is mean as snakes). But then when I screamed back at her, "Erin Moron", well, things got dark real quick. I don't KNOW that it was her who put A535 in the crotch of my swimsuit, but let's face it, it was pretty suspicious that she slipped a finger into me just as she was helping me into that kayak. She wasn't even on the team!

I didn't see her again until a celebrity autograph show in 1997, and I felt real bad for her. She asked me for a light on a break, and then asked for a cigarette, which, okay, was pretty funny. But then she said something that will haunt me until the day I die. She said, "Susan, if I had a nickel for every abortion I had, I'd have a dollar thirty-five. And I could use that money right now." Chills. There but for the grace of god, you know? Well, we patched things up after than -- turns out Jane Curtin had been a cunt to Erin as well. For the rest of the day whenever we saw each other, I'd yell, "MORON!" and she'd scream, "BITCHARDSON!"

I actually forgot about the part where we reconciled, so I guess I do like her after all. Well, liked. It's real important for women to have female friends, and that's the lesson I'll take from Erin's brief and painful life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2017 2:48 AM

Good to hear from you, Soos. Hang in there, toots.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2017 3:02 AM

I hope you're a comedy writer by profession, R17, because that was some ingeniously funny shit!

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2017 3:10 AM

R17/OP Why the fuck do you have to post the same fucking picture over and over again? Your obsession with that woman is positively sickening.

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2017 3:20 AM

You never answered me - how is your pointy headed baby?

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2017 3:28 AM

What's Susan up to now?

Has she called Scott Baio for a White house job?

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2017 2:00 PM

[quote]I don't KNOW that it was her who put A535 in the crotch of my swimsuit

What the hell is "A535?"

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2017 3:53 PM

[quote]Has she called Scott Baio for a White house job?

She's overqualified.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2017 3:53 PM

You guys today has been real emotional for me and I have something i want to finally tell you about, after all these years.

Roger Ailes chained me to a radiator for three week in a Nevada motel in 1982. Actually I need to back up a bit.

I met Slobodan Milosevic's secret daughter when a game show put me up at the Beverly Garland Hilton. I say "put me up", but Peter Marshall's wife (a real piece of work) refused to let him pay my bill so Beverly put me in a housekeeping uniform, put a master key in my hand and put me to work.

Short story long, Bonnie Milosevic happened to be assigned to train me. She was on the run for some significant gambling debts just like my mother, so I felt real close to her right away.

My third day, Bonnie told me to collect all the valuables from each room on my floor and give them to her to put in the big safe. There'd been a mixup. Who's got one and half thumbs, pretty bad nerve damage in her wrists and actually fell for this cockamamie story? That's right: ol' Soos!

In those days when I ran into trouble, I'd call Roger Ailes, who was an early fan of EiE and had written dozens of fan letters a week to me for years -- like I said, real sweet man. Though Rog and I had never met in person, I'd call his secretary and she'd send over a case of Quellada, the good crabs lotion that he imported, or his office would talk to my mom's bookie when things got scary, or he even shared his personal stash of laudanum when Lani got real sick at work one day. Salt of the earth, you guys, like an uncle.

So when Beverly Garland accused me of theft and locked me in a supply closet and gave me one phone call, you know whose number I dialed: Ted Lange's to cancel our Tuesday movie night, but then Ted called Roger for me. Within 12 hours, Roger was wrestling the keys out of Beverly's good hand, and minutes later he and I were speeding away in his rental. The trunk was real roomy and Rog had given me a bottle of water which he said I could use to drink and then later to pee into. Thoughtful, right? We'll never know for sure if that water was drugged, because when I came to, I was, well, chained to a radiator in a real cute motel and my water-pee bottle was gone. I never saw Roger again.

I know what you're all thinking: what happened to Bonnie? I don't know. And to be real honest with you guys, thinking about it right now, I'm not even sure if she was really a Milosevic. Oh, Soos, never change!

So today, with my suspension from the town's Bookmobile finally lifted, I got on the Internet and there was the news about Roger. I can't be too sad because there were years when I couldn't stop crying and now it's real hard for me to feel sad at all. So, that's good, but still I think I miss Roger. He loved life and redhead's panties. Sure, he wasn't a saint, but he was a character and a friend who helped me sometimes when I had no one else to go to. And if it wasn't for the damage those chains did to my wrists, I wouldn't still be going to physio when I can afford it, so all's well that ends well, I guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2017 6:07 AM

How horrific!

Anymore Lani O'Grady stories fresh in mind while you have Internet access?

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2017 12:56 PM

Is it true that Adam Rich is surprisingly well-hung?

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2017 2:29 PM

Oh, Soos, never change!

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2017 5:44 PM

[quote]Is it true that Adam Rich is surprisingly well-hung?

He's well-hung, but it's no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2017 10:06 PM

Has DL Fave Susan Richardson commented yet on the sexual harassment in Hollywood???

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2017 9:14 PM

You guys I feel real strongly that women should speak up about their harassment experiences, but the cold fact of the matter is that when you speak out, you usually end up being punished. Last June I revealed to you DataLoungers what Roger Ailes did to me, and since then, forces in Hollywood (BarbAra Joan StreiSAND "like sand on the beach") have made sure that all my work dried up, and worse, they had me re-suspended from my beloved Bookmobile, so I lost internet access for a while so they could silence me. But you can't keep a good Soos down, even if she still has real bad debilitating lingering jaw and dental pain from chewing through radiator restraints that makes her never want to get up. As long as I still have most of my fingers, and if I keep my food port clean of debris, I will continue to type out the truth.

As a young working actress and the primary breadwinner for my family, my mom sat me down and told me the sad and scary fact: men are pigs and homely women are not much better, and I've dealt with enough Shavaar Rosses and Debralee Scotts to know it's true. Mom said I'd have to be tough to survive and I shouldn't let my guard down for a minute in auditions, which was a mixed message because she'd always drop me off saying, "Don't come home if you don't book the job." It was a lot for a toddler to process, but my mom had the jitters pretty bad from her gambling debts, and she was right that we did need the money.

I've carried a knife with me since a bad experience on the set of a backdoor pilot for a potential Petticoat Junction spinoff. Well, turns out Petticoat Junction had been out of production for 12 years and I had really just been lured to a hobocamp called The Cannonball (never change, Soos!). My year there was painful (those bean can lids are a menace - untreated tetanus is no joke) but I did manage to capture most of it on tape. Coincidentally, I'd been working on a documentary about my planned comeback and had a video crew with me (Adam Rich and some sweet friend of his who handled our meds). Those two were my rock, actually. They came back to the camp daily for months to keep shooting footage and to deliver messages to/from my mom. Adam says he still has everything he shot so we're saving up for a couple good VCRs so we can start editing. Stay tuned!

It's funny how things work out, though. Five years later after filming one of the EIE reunion movies (I want to say the Sandy Faison?) I used my earnings to buy the actual train from Petticoat Junction. At the time, I had another film booked in Korea, and with that money I planned to buy the rights to The Boxcar Children series of books, and then I'd film myself reading them in the train. Cute, right? Everything was coming together. But when I got to Korea, well that was another whole thing. Eighteen months, two canings and one major diplomatic incident later, I arrived back home. The money I'd made had to go toward my mom's next "liver transplant", but all's well that ends well because at least I still have the train to live in, which is dangerously drafty in the winter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2017 9:18 PM

Her life story is so sad. I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2017 9:30 PM

Susan I was always on your side but wishing you ran over Deboralee Scott is just mean. If there was a contest who has the most tragic life she would win hands down.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2017 9:35 PM

Susan you need to come forward with your Harvey experiences. I don’t mean the hurricane,dear.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2017 9:37 PM

One more quick thing. Since some of you asked, here's a publicity shot from my movie in Korea. I played a nun, which I didn't really like very much because I'd dieted and my mom's bookie arranged for me to get unlicensed implants for that role and that bulky costume hid all my hard work. I don't really remember working on it -- they kept me pretty medicated -- but from this picture, it looks like I could have gotten a Golden Globe nom! I did send out this picture to casting agents when I heard they were making a film of "Doubt", which I'd done the lighting for at Burt Reynolds' dinner theatre with Loni Anderson (unadvisedly in blackface -- it was a short run), but I never heard back from anyone. Then Meryl was nominated for an Oscar! What could have been...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2017 9:38 PM

Happy Birthday, Susan!!

by Anonymousreply 61November 27, 2017 9:39 PM

Happy Birthday Susan! Thank you for making Datalounge a little bit nicer place.

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2017 9:47 PM

HB Susan! You’re a sweetheart!

by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2017 9:55 PM

Thank heavens I left my dialysis wipes in the Bookmobile or who knows when I would have seen these birthday messages, or if I even would have know it was my birthday! I save all my old bank calendars and reuse them when the days match but I must have done some wrong figuring because I truly thought it was spring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2017 10:01 PM

Oh, R64 is me, TV's Sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2017 10:01 PM

Happy Birthday, Soos!

by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2017 10:28 PM

This could have been YOUR theme music, Soos!

Damn that Debralee Scott!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2017 11:35 PM

Soos, you haven't changed! Your birthday is March 11, not November 27. You zany redhead!

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2017 12:00 AM

Soos, did you ever wear cute berets in the Late Seventies like Donna Pescow, Rickie Lee jones, and Stevie Nicks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2017 12:02 AM

Really pitiful to see what happened to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2017 1:49 AM

r68 Do you know how to read the date on the original post?

by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2017 1:57 AM

When the Today show did an Eight is Enough Reunion show, they acted like Susan didn't exist. They mentioned everyone else including the absent Janet Prather and Adam Rich. Even gave a mention to Lani O'Grady who OD'd. But all the announcer said was the character Susan Bradford, never mentioning the actress who played her. It was like Susan Richardson was never on the show, like they were embarrassed at how she's turned out so let's pretend this woman was never on this show. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2017 2:06 AM

[quote]Janet Prather

JOAN Prather. Big Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2017 2:08 AM

Sorry, meant Joan.

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2017 2:11 AM

You guys, I know I should be full of holiday spirit, but count me among those who won't be shedding a tear for the richly-deserved death of a "woman" who I've long fingered as Hollywood's most vicious, back-stabbing cunt, one Rose Marie. The week I spent on Hollywood Squares with this bitch was the worst week of my life, and that includes the time Joan Prather tricked me into taking a personality test which led to two years of shoveling coal in the muddy belly of a freighter delivering copies of DIANETICS to uncontacted Pacific Islanders.

The week had started off great! My relationship with Peter Marshall was on fire, and so was his prostate (sorry guys, but it figures deeply into this story), which was lucky for me because that's how I got the job on his show. Peter's little medical problem had only one prescription, and I don't want to put too fine a point on it, but he needed me around to put too fine a point on it once every couple hours to relieve the swelling; that's how I ended up working as Louise Lasser's stand in (she had a, uh, punctuality problem) in the middle-left square. Everybody's happy, right?

Wrong. The shit hit the fan when Rose Marie got wind of my new responsibilities, but I do take some responsibility for that -- my square (well, Louise's square, but she never showed) was under Rose's, and I didn't realize the air conditioner current left her upwind from my trash bin full of used finger cots. Oops.

So I see in the monitor that she's sniffing the air and making funny faces and pointing down at me, and she starts to make jokes that I stink. Then when Peter asks her, "Dr. Joyce Brothers says that the way to a man's heart is not through his stomach, but through THIS," Rose Marie says (and check YouTube if you don't believe me), "Apparently it's through Susan Richardson's skid-marked fingers!" I don't even remember the right answer. I just remember Peter laughing along with Rose and the rest of the panelists.

At lunch, Rose Marie caught my mom gambling with the crew members behind the set. A couple quick phone calls later and some of her Vegas goons were on set, looking to talk too mom about some outstanding debts. If it hadn't been for a warning grunt from dear, sweet Marty Allen, who was a close family friend whom both mom and I had dated, they might have caught her, too. Mom was on the lam for months after that, and that rat Peter never spoke to me again.

But, Rose Marie, you have not made me bitter. I'm here in this Bookmobile, 100% unbanned, using the free (!!) internet and giving myself the Christmas present of letting the world know what an asshole you were. Later I'll ride my scooter home to my trailer with my IV pole in the side car, I'll put gravy flavoring in my food bag, I'll crank up the oven with the door open, and I will count my blessings.

by Anonymousreply 75December 29, 2017 10:43 PM

This shit again?!

by Anonymousreply 76December 29, 2017 10:44 PM

^^That's, me, TV's Sweetheart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 29, 2017 10:44 PM

Wow. OP is really unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 78December 29, 2017 10:50 PM

You don’t have the character of Susan who is very sweet but very deluded.

by Anonymousreply 79December 29, 2017 11:46 PM

Some of you guys noticed that when I last talked to you, I didn't seem like the happy-go-lucky gal you know and love. And now you know why -- I've been in the hospital waiting for another quadruple bypass ("Eight is enough!" I told the doctor, and he just stared at me). I've mostly never lied to you guys before and I won't now: it doesn't look too good. But don't cry for me, Connie Needham, because there's life in ol' Soos yet!!!

I've been keeping it real quiet, but I've got a few irons in the fire! This morning, the guy who came to change my bandages asked if I could get his EiE reboot spec script to ABC. WHAT??!! I had so many emotions in that moment: joy at the prospect of working again; confusion as to why I hadn't already received an offer for it; uncertainty because I couldn't remember if Fred Silverman was still at the network; pain because this guy was really not very gentle with my bandages; and fear because it turned out that bandages guy didn't even work at the hospital (seriously, guys -- it was really scary, and this is coming from the only person in the cast brave enough to tell BB that her Tom's deodorant wasn't cutting the mustard). So, between this new gig and all the money I saved on heating the trailer since I've been in the hospital, well, I haven't been in such good financial shape since I did that round of interviews about my kidnapping!

But I'm a realist, too. Even if my surgery goes well, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, or held for ransom by a radical feminist collective who force me to “donate” 18 months of uterus time to gestate an heir and spare, or my feeding bag could give me drug-resistant syphilis. Again. You just don’t know.

So I decided, guys, to live whatever time I have left to the fullest. Who cares if my trailer is going to be repossessed if I don't get back there to paint it and tow it to a new lot so the bank can’t find it? Who cares if I'm dangerously certain that I left a few gas lamps lit in the lean-to next to the daycare center where I keep the supplies for my homemade fireworks (same ol' Soos!). And who cares if, yep I’m finally gonna say it, BarbAra Joan Streisand cut my part in A Star is Born to ribbons because I slept with Kris Kristofferson on my first day on set? Who cares! I've made mistakes, BarbAra made mistakes, my mom made mistakes, Betty Buckley made mistakes and Roger Ailes made mistakes. And now, with maybe not a lot of time left, with a heart that's ready to heal, I want to release everyone, including me, from the pain of their mistakes; I'm finally, truly, ready to be at peace and to let bypassesses be bybassesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2018 7:32 AM

Don't go, Soos! Don't go! I just donated five dollars on your GoFundMe page. I deserve a reply! Don't just go die without telling us first!

by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2018 8:57 AM

That last one was me.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2018 9:33 AM

I love you, Soos!

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2018 9:56 AM

What did the ninth child, the Karate Kid have to say?

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2018 1:44 PM

She and Abbie were my fave characters on EIE.

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2018 1:51 PM

Her life four years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 27, 2018 1:56 PM

Poor gal. Someone ought to start a go-fund-me for her.

by Anonymousreply 87January 27, 2018 2:04 PM

The Americas Sweetheart troll is the only person on earth even sadder than Susan Richardson.

by Anonymousreply 88January 27, 2018 2:55 PM

Why is compassion and empathy so scorned and ridiculed here?

by Anonymousreply 89January 27, 2018 2:57 PM

That Enquirer article states that she exists on a paltry $2000/month pension.

Sad part is that is about what I bring home every month.

by Anonymousreply 90January 27, 2018 2:59 PM

Hi Susan! I'm one of your biggest fans. I love when you jump at the end of the Season 1 intro. Did you think of that yourself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2018 4:27 AM

I have never seen this program

by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2018 4:35 AM

YOU ALL SHOULD BE "ASHAMED" OF YOUR SELVES MAKING "FUN" OF THAT WONDERFUL DEBRALEE SCOTT! SHE WAS ONE 'HIGH- CLASS" YOUNG LADY!! I LOVED HER ON THAT MARY HARTMORE, MARY HARTMORE TV "SHOW!' DEBRALEE MIGHT NOTTA BEEN NO DANA PLATO BUT SHE "SHINED" ON THE TV!!

by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2018 4:55 AM

I too have a soft spot in my heart for Hotsy Totsy.

by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2018 5:39 PM

Now that Susan Richardson may actually be dying, maybe her troll can give it a rest? It was mildly funny at first, but it's become painful now, and the entries just get longer and longer.

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2018 6:58 PM

R95 Simple.

If you don't like a topic/thread....

Stop clicking on/following it.

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2018 6:55 AM

Is TV's Sweetheart, Susan Richardson still alive?

Still in a Dana Plato trailer?

by Anonymousreply 97July 3, 2021 12:04 AM

WHET TV's Sweetheart and DL Fave, Susan Richardson?

by Anonymousreply 98December 25, 2022 7:30 PM

???????

by Anonymousreply 99April 18, 2023 10:13 PM

100!

by Anonymousreply 100April 18, 2023 10:24 PM

R98, I hear she’s still huge in South Korea.

by Anonymousreply 101April 18, 2023 10:25 PM

R100.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2023 12:14 AM

Updates?

by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2023 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!