Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ever have a "friend" do something really evil to you?

Years ago, I was with a group of friends at the beach. It one of the guy's birthday, so I said to his best friend: "I need to go and get a bottle of champagne to celebrate Jim's birthday tonight."

He responded: "No, don't do that. Jim doesn't like to celebrate his birthday. It will embarrass him if you draw attention to it." They had grown up together, so I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

That night at dinner, the friend who had advised me not to get the champagne, presented Jim with a bottle of champagne, a card, and a gift. And made a big fuss. Later that night, I went into Jim's room to talk to him and he was crying and said, "You didn't need to make a big fuss, but you could have a least gotten a card." I felt like such a shit. And I realize I had been set up by his very competitive best friend to look bad. And I didn't want to compound Jim's unhappiness by letting him know what a devious person his best friend is.

Years later, when Jim died, I got a call from the best friend: "Jim's dying wish is that everyone wear white or other light colors to the funeral. That is what was done on his favorite TV show and it meant a lot to him." I wore a light blazer and was greeted at the door by the best friend in a dark grey three-piece suit. When I walked in, I realized that I had been the only one told to dress in light colors. Again, set up to look bad.

I am not friends with that person anymore, for obvious reasons. But it is still a bit shocking that anyone would be that malicious and devious. I know he will be a hero to some of you!

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2020 4:45 AM

Fool you once, OP,......

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2016 4:20 PM

OP, you deserved that, and more. Also EST. Your friend cried because you didn't give him a card? What was your crowd? The My Little Pony Cute Kittens Fragile as a China Doll Appreciation Society?

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2016 4:23 PM

OP is one of my favourite things. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2016 4:24 PM

R2 is a cunt nobody would ever buy a cigarette, much less a card, for.

by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2016 4:25 PM

Years later, Jim's best friend called me up, wishing to make amends. He asked me to be his best man at his wedding that was going to take place at sunrise on a nude beach. You can imagine my humiliation when I showed up sans clothing while everyone else was dressed in formal attire. Why would he do this to me?????

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2016 4:35 PM

R5 OK, that's funny.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2016 4:37 PM

I'm OP

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2016 4:37 PM

In high school, I loaned a guy a pair of shorts in gym class. He told me his buddy would give them back to me the next day (I forget the circumstances).

His buddy returned them back to me a week later. He said he would have given me them sooner, but the guy who borrowed them, shat in them, and his buddy didn't want to return them to me soiled.

It always struck me as odd.

I got to know the buddy better, and found out he was a shit stirrer. It dawned on me he gave me the shit sorry so I would get busted for starting a dirty rumor.

Puns not intended

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2016 4:41 PM

Last week I realized I may have been mean to a person who thought they were my friend. I never thought they were a friend and I mistrusted them. But last week, I started to wonder if I had misread the situation. It is possible that I was completely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2016 4:42 PM

Another class mate once egged me on to ask a some girl sitting next to us if she was "feeling better today."

I asked the girl, and she ran off crying.

My classmate laughed like it was the funniest thing. She told me the girl gave a BJ the night before and vomited from it

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2016 4:44 PM

When I was 9, my new older, stepsister told me to ask some boy in her neighborhood how his mom was. He ran off crying. My new stepsister then yelled at me for asking him that, because his mom had just died of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2016 4:45 PM

We were sitting at the playground when Jimmy arrived with fudgicles.

You know the rest of the story.

Everyone cried and there were fisticuffs and hurt feelings. Jimmy did it again 2 years later with moon pies.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2016 4:49 PM

One of my dearest ( I thought) friends threw a surprise 50th birthday party for a very good mutual friend of ours and never invited me. When he was questioned why I wasn't there he said I would have stolen the limelight from him, and it was his house. I never would have done that and he knew it. That ended the friendship, but after ten years later he calls to tell me his partner of thirty years had died--six months before! I guess I wasn't wanted at a funeral either. I was polite but he realized he had made a mistake calling me, and I haven't heard from him since.

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2016 4:59 PM

Best medicine for people like this is to pubically call them out. I've been in similar situations. In each, I waited until the person and I were together with mutual friends and asked them point blank why they did what they did and how it made me feel. In most cases my other friends have been appalled and immediately stopped hanging out with that person. Another tactic I use is to go behind that person's back and ask his friends their advice on how I should handle the issue. It will make it seem you are the genuine wounded party seeking solace, while making them aware what a bad person he or she is. It works. My friend once asked one the other guests to leave his apartment after I let it be known one of her lies cost me a bf. Bitch just stood there stammering; wish cellphones were popular back then.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2016 5:26 PM

R8 so did you start the rumor? Give us a post-script!

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2016 5:31 PM

The problem is that yes, the guy is a manipulative fuck who obviously hated you.. but he also saw you as dumb and too weak to do anything about anything he could possibly throw at you. He was right. He's the Alpha male and he sized you up correctly.

Now, send him a message and say that before Jim died he left you a couple of envelopes with instructions that they not be opened or distributed until x years after his death. Tell him you opened yours to find $1,000 (or whatever) in it and you can only assume his is the same. Then give him an envelope with a typed letter from Jim telling him he always knew he was a piece of shit and knew every single thing he ever did and now everyone else will know too.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2016 5:40 PM

I'm afraid I'm like the fictional R5. I always fall for it.

How do you stop being gullible, people?

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2016 6:24 PM

R17 - just snap the fuck out of it and pay attention to people and situations and learn to read them. If you don't want to be mark, if you don't want to get burned, and HURT, you will wake up, buster.

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2016 6:34 PM

OP is being discreet, but we all know Jim's friend was...Judy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2016 6:42 PM

[quote]I am not friends with that person anymore, for obvious reasons

No, what are they?

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2016 6:44 PM

[quote]But it is still a bit shocking that anyone would be that malicious and devious.

OP lives under a rock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 31, 2016 6:47 PM

[quote]When I walked in, I realized that I had been the only one told to dress in light colors

Oh, the shame!

by Anonymousreply 22January 31, 2016 6:48 PM

[quote]The problem is that yes, the guy is a manipulative fuck who obviously hated you.. but he also saw you as dumb and too weak to do anything about anything he could possibly throw at you. He was right. He's the Alpha male and he sized you up correctly.

You are correct in him obviously thinking he could play me in those two situations. And he was right. But I am not dumb or weak. It just didn't occur to me that someone would use a mutual friend's birthday and, worse, death to play petty games.

So I learned that lesson. And I look back at the situation and feel OK that I handled it with kindness, cut my losses and moved on. I stopped having anything to do with him. He has tried several time to reconnect, and I am polite, but make it clear we can never be friends again. I can be friends with cunts, but not cunts I can't trust.

And I've been happy and successful since. Knowing how competitive he is, I do hope that isn't a problem for him . . .

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2016 6:49 PM

When I was away from home for the first time I crossed paths with a psychopath. I was pretty fucked up by that experience.

OP, I think you handled this person well and I'm glad you moved on.

by Anonymousreply 24January 31, 2016 6:52 PM

[quote]cut my losses and moved on.

Don't fool yourself. You haven't. Starting this thread was proof of that!

by Anonymousreply 25January 31, 2016 6:52 PM

R16, I love you. That's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 26January 31, 2016 6:53 PM

[quote] I can be friends with cunts, but not cunts I can't trust.

This can be your epitaph, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27January 31, 2016 6:53 PM

R21 who's that?

by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2016 6:54 PM

[quote]Starting this thread was proof of that!

The reason I started this thread is because I had dinner with a friend last night. She told me that when her mother died last year she was really hurt that NOBODY in her book club reached out to her and said anything. And someone else's parent died last week and everyone was bringing over food and calling (including her). It really hurt her feelings. She found out this week that the person who started the book club told everyone when her mother died that "She's a very private person and really just wants to work through the grief by herself. And would prefer it if you didn't call."

As she said those words, I had a sense of deja vu and recalled the "he doesn't want a fuss made of his birthday" advice, which I hadn't thought of in years. So it isn't as if I have been stewing over that all these years.

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2016 7:02 PM

[quote]I can be friends with cunts, but not cunts I can't trust.

If Andy asks me to be a Real Housewife, I'm using this.

by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2016 7:03 PM

Words to live by.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2016 7:05 PM

Yeah the now "ex-friend" hooked me up with my cheat of a partner who stole my stuff and replaced me with a meat cutter. The cocksucker used me, took my stuff and threw me away. Now he's a big fat greaser over 350 pounds and still with the little cocksucker. Little does he know his "soul mate" has been cheating on his fat ass for years. It's a wonder he hasn't been exposed to HIV yet.

So the ex friend is on my shit list for introducing me to this piece of steaming turd.

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2016 7:09 PM

I'm going to hold my hands up and say that I've been the Evil Friend of someone who has had *another* Evil Friend do something to them and who has exacted kitteny revenge on behalf of the wronged person. I've only done it three times, but each time it was oh-so-scrumptious.

The first time I did it to someone was when I found out that a friend of mine got knocked up by a complete sociopathic cunt we went to school with. She had a termination - no judging frau-bitch comments here - and tried to rebuild her life. Unfortunately the cunt who got her pregnant found out and publicly named and shamed her for "destroying an unborn life!" and essentially nearly caused an already suicidal teenage girl to think about killing herself. Fortunately she saw reason (and, ahem, listened to her mother and myself). I was eighteen at the time and if I'm going to be honest, I was a bit of a irksome little shit and, well, I, ahem, took it out on his car. Note to all: if you're taking it out on someone's car, make sure you don't do anything that can kill someone. I was sorely, sorely tempted to sabotage the seatbelts, but settled for cutting a hole in the fabric roof of his Porsche Boxster and dumping a very large tub of lemon-scented bleach in it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2016 7:09 PM

R33 The lemon-scent was a thoughtful touch. You aren't as big a cunt and you think.

by Anonymousreply 34January 31, 2016 7:12 PM

R34 I agree. That's not really that great on the scale of revenge. I do like the way R16 thinks though. It's perfect. Especially for someone who obviously needs to be in control as the "evil friend" in OPs story needs to be. The paranoia alone would kill him.

R16 is obviously not one to be fucked with, ha!

by Anonymousreply 35January 31, 2016 7:15 PM

The second time I exacted revenge on a cunt was when I was twenty two and was on holiday in Ibiza. The person I exacted revenge on was a young woman and the little madam had given a friend of mine a spiked drink the night before. Nothing too bad, but I was fucking furious, especially seeing as how she was part of our wee group (there were ten of us. I suppose we were more of a squad). When we were supposed to fly back to Britain, I was able to procure a bag of...shall we say "mixed jollies" of a pill-based narcotic nature, hid them in her suitcase and basically told a friendly policeman in the airport that I'd seen the young lady put them in there. Bitch missed her flight and when she came home, she told us all about her "hellish adventure" in a Spanish jail. I only wish I spoke enough Spanish to get the bitch a fisting from a senorita called Concha who hadn't had sex since 1980. That was *fun*.

by Anonymousreply 36January 31, 2016 7:15 PM

r12 I don't get the reference. Please enlighten me. TIA

by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2016 7:16 PM

My amigo little Marco ran against me .

by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2016 7:17 PM

Is anyone else finding R36's story a bit far-fetched? What queen wastes perfectly good drugs on a practical joke?

by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2016 7:26 PM

R39 - honey, in Ibiza you don't trust the dealers. They could have been laxatives or worming tablets for all I knew. Either way, frau got detained and missed her flight.

by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2016 7:28 PM

I don't think the OP is gullible at all.

No one expects someone to lie to them like that, about something so random.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2016 7:30 PM

I love you, r33

by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2016 7:34 PM

Oh and you too r34!

by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2016 7:34 PM

I've always wanted to exact revenge through car vandalism on a certain person or two, but there are so very many cameras in my city, and these days you can't seem to move anywhere with leaving some kind of digital trace. I mean it would take some real planning to be stealthy an untraceable. And what if someone catches you doing something suspicious, so easy to take a snap.

by Anonymousreply 44January 31, 2016 7:40 PM

move anywhere without

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2016 7:41 PM

R44 - not really. I've always found building up a friendship with a friendly local ruffian who'd gladly smash a windscreen in with a brick for a tenner to be very profitable. Mine is called Jamie and by god, he's hung like a stallion and cums like a dolphin.

by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2016 7:46 PM

[quote]"Years later...."

Yeah probably a lot more than I can remember but I am not still dwelling on it "years later"

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2016 7:52 PM

R47 Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2016 9:26 PM

One time I was so angry at an ex after a nasty break up, I slowly saved up 10k in cash in a safe deposit box and promised myself that I would hire a balkan to smash my ex and his new lover's kneecaps or something like that. It was 200 bucks a year for the box and I kept it 5 years before I cooled down and got over it.

by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2016 9:45 PM

*deep drag of cigarette*

Darling R49, when I was treated like shit by my ex, I went full Alex Forrest on his skanky arse. Was quite fun, actually, standing outside his office. Mind you, not so much when it was pissing down. So I settled for phoning him at work - the cunt liked to put me on speakerphone, so I decided to shout "YOU GAVE ME AIDS, YOU FUCKER!" Nothing destroys a reputation quite like a supposed STD. I was a *wee* bit unhinged at the time.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2016 11:01 PM

R50 is a real human rights nut

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2016 11:04 PM

I love how this thread morphed from evil friends to evil selves.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2016 11:06 PM

R52...honey, deep down we've all got an inner bitch. Some of us embraced it a long time ago and have learned to harness it's powers for the greater good.

And sometimes, it's just a damned good feeling to utterly crush a cunt's reputation. Especially if you're doing it to help out someone else.

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2016 11:10 PM

The OP story seems less like an evil friend story and more of a gullibility story. Don't trust people.

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2016 11:11 PM

I agree with R41. I don't think he was being gullible either.

by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2016 11:13 PM

[quote] Later that night, I went into Jim's room to talk to him and he was crying and said, "You didn't need to make a big fuss, but you could have a least gotten a card."

Did Jim die of advanced Mary!-ness?

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2016 11:15 PM

Jim sounds like a fucking twat. I hope he choked on an olive or a twink's cock.

by Anonymousreply 57January 31, 2016 11:18 PM

Come sit by me, R16

by Anonymousreply 58January 31, 2016 11:21 PM

When I was a sophomore in high school, a senior girl tried to destroy a sophomore girl who was one of my best friends.

"Tina," the senior, called all the homes of the girlfriends of the varsity basketball team (back when households shared one phone). She called when she knew none of the guys would be home -- during basketball practice.

When the mothers would say her son was at basketball practice and ask could she take a message, Patty said, "Yes, please just tell him Rhianna (the sophomore) called."

The moms all told their daughters that Rhianna called to talk to their boyfriends.

From then on, Rhianna had a reputation of being a slut. She's a physician now.

by Anonymousreply 59January 31, 2016 11:40 PM

0/10

This was already a tired tv sitcom plot by 1963.

by Anonymousreply 60January 31, 2016 11:59 PM

[quote] "Tina," the senior, called all the homes of the girlfriends of the varsity basketball team (back when households shared one phone). She called when she knew none of the guys would be home -- during basketball practice. When the mothers would say her son was at basketball practice and ask could she take a message, Patty said, "Yes, please just tell him Rhianna (the sophomore) called." The moms all told their daughters that Rhianna called to talk to their boyfriends.

This doesn't make any sense.

Tina called the homes of basketball players' girlfriends.

She did it when the boys were playing basketball.

She told the girlfriends' mother's that Rhianna called.

The girlfriends' mother's said their sons weren't home.

Then all the girls' mother's then told their daughters Rhianna called to talk to their boyfriends.

Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 61February 1, 2016 12:07 AM

Also, "Tina" turned into Patty. Or Tina put Patty on the phone after calling the girls mothers.

by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2016 12:09 AM

They don't make EST like they used to...

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2016 12:10 AM

OP? ANY grown man who cries about not getting a Happy Birthday card is fucking retarded, and needs more 8 year-old friends, not adult friends.

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2016 3:30 AM

R64 is the kind of cunt we're talking about here. No situation is too trivial or too important for his petty ego games.

R64=Connie Marble

by Anonymousreply 65February 1, 2016 3:57 AM

[quote]And I realize I had been set up by his very competitive best friend to look bad. And I didn't want to compound Jim's unhappiness by letting him know what a devious person his best friend is.

This is where you went off the rails. Jim needed to hear the truth from you -- chapter and verse, leaving out nothing. After all, Jim's friend is the one who chose to use you to hurt Jim and Jim needed to hear all about it.

You were old enough to know that protecting someone from the truth never works, and you made yourself complicit.

by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2016 5:03 AM

R16 gets the evil cunt award on here! I love you!

by Anonymousreply 67February 1, 2016 1:35 PM

Everything r16 said was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2016 4:20 PM

[quote]Tina" turned into Patty.

And coke turned into tina.

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2016 4:32 PM

How do dolphins cum, r46?

Do you swallow?

by Anonymousreply 70February 1, 2016 4:35 PM

[quote]Later that night, I went into Jim's room to talk to him and he was crying and said, "You didn't need to make a big fuss, but you could have a least gotten a card." I felt like such a shit.

He was crying because you didn't buy him a present? He sounds retarded. So do you.

by Anonymousreply 71February 1, 2016 4:53 PM

Jim walked into the room. He was wearing a light colored suit. I was shocked. 'Hey, Jim...I thought you were dead."

Jim was cryin'. "Is that why didn't come to my birthday party?"

I wanted to tell Jim he was my best pal and that there was no way I wouldn't have gone to his party if I'd known he was alive...but into the room walked my evil 'friend'. He was laughing. Laughing in my face. You see...he was the one who told me Jim had died, cos he was jealous...jealous of my friendship with Jim.

Story continued next week...don't forget to order your next issue of Jezebel...35 cents.

by Anonymousreply 72February 1, 2016 5:02 PM

[quote]He was crying because you didn't buy him a present?

He had a crush on me. I didn't know that at the time. But I suspect it was one of the reasons his best friend was pissed off at me.

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2016 5:12 PM

There's probably a bigger agenda here, involving money. It's always about money with cunts like this.

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2016 5:13 PM

[quote]He had a crush on me. I didn't know that at the time. But I suspect it was one of the reasons his best friend was pissed off at me.

It was a Bouquet Of Barbed Wire.

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2016 5:23 PM

Another moronic post from the PMBT.

by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2016 5:37 PM

My best friend in grade school, who I hung out with for four years, turned the whole class against me. He was the strongest kid in school, so he scared everyone into falling in line. He had people chase me home every single day and I lived in terror of getting beat up (luckily I was the fastest kid in my class). He was afraid of my older brother, who finally put a stop to the physical threats, but that kid was no fool. He never did the assaulting himself. He always got 2-3 others to do it for him, so it was hard for my parents to pin it on him.

I eventually left the school and went to a private school in town since the public school system refused to address the problem. He forced two other kids to leave the school as well, with one family going so far as to move to a new school district. Cut to two years later when I start junior high and he shows up at the private school all contrite and wanting to be my friend. Stupid me, I believed him. As soon as he gained entrance into my group of friends, he set about doing the same thing. Somehow I survived and by the end of 8th grade, I was popular and he was not.

I was never friends with him again after that. I was part of the "in crowd" my freshman and sophomore years in high school and this guy tried desperately to ingratiate himself into my circle again, but I batted him away time and again. I wound up leaving the private school after I was recruited by the public school my junior year to join one of their sports teams, so I never had to deal with him again.

I did run into him in town periodically probably my 2nd or 3rd summer back from college. He worked at a convenience store I'd stop at from time to time on my way to my summer job. He had dropped out of college due to bad grades (he never was very strong academically). He tried to get me to go out and have a beer with him. I kept making up excuses. He was always petulant when he didn't get his way, so after me coming up with so many excuses, he finally got pissy and said if I didn't want to hang out with him, I should just say so. So I did. I laid into him in front of several customers about what he did to me in grade school and junior high, and I said even if he had changed since then, I'd absolutely never trust him again or even bother to waste my time hanging around someone so toxic. I remember the stunned look on his face as I walked out of the store. I never went back to that store again for the rest of the summer.

Later that summer I ran into a former classmate who told me this guy's version of what happened. Of course he made me out to be the evil elite snob who scorned him for failing out of college. Totally not true as I only focused on his past behavior. When I explained this to my former classmate, he laughed and said he figured he wasn't getting the whole story. He said by the end of senior year, all the guys realized that this toxic guy was worse than the girls when it came to friend drama and back-stabbing.

I moved away from my home town after college and only visit every now and then. I've never run into him again. I hope he saw the light and finally stopped all the ridiculous drama.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2016 5:54 PM

R77 checks the obits in his hometown paper online every morning.

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2016 6:01 PM

If r59's story is to be taken seriously, every member of the varsity basketball team was in an incestuous relationship, condoned by their mother, with his own sister.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2016 6:18 PM

R76 oh god. How did I not see that.

I would ask John a question but... Did you stop reading this thread john?

Well, are you a nurse yet?

by Anonymousreply 80February 1, 2016 6:25 PM

When I got my first job outa college, I spent my entire first paycheck...and several days... preparing my first ever Thanksgiving turkey and dinner for a dozen of my best friends. On Thanksgiving Day, my very best friend took everyone into the back bedroom and everyone did huge lines of coke right before we all sat down for the feast that I had worked so meticulously on. No. One. Ate. A. Single. Solitary. Bite. This may not be considered truly "evil" but, I still think about it every single Thanksgiving dinner to this very day....but I count my blessings that this is the best tale of treachery and woe from a good "friend" that I could come up with. So I guess I'm quite a lucky guy after all.

by Anonymousreply 81February 1, 2016 6:39 PM

R33 seems "out there" in doing this "for friends" suggesting he may not even have first hand knowledge that the perps were guilty.

I'm reminded of fraus who engage in bad entitled and obnoxious behaviors on behalf of their spawn that they would never do for themselves. A kind of ego projection.

by Anonymousreply 82February 1, 2016 6:53 PM

If R78 checks his hometown paper obits tomorrow, he'll see his sense of humor listed as dead.

by Anonymousreply 83February 1, 2016 7:20 PM

R83 Yes, but I shall take some comfort from knowing that, unlike yours, it did, at one time, exist.

by Anonymousreply 84February 1, 2016 7:35 PM

I actually have a very good sense of humor, R84. As for you, though, it's clear from both of your postings that you're a total cunt, which means in my experience, you've never had a sense of humor. I hope that anonymously insulting others who are trying to contribute to a thread fills you with whatever it is you are missing in your life. But I doubt it truly does.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2016 7:41 PM

[quote]you're a total cunt, which means in my experience, you've never had a sense of humor.

New here? Welcome to Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2016 7:51 PM

No, not new. I'm quite familiar with the humorless cunts on here. Still, familiarity with them doesn't preclude calling them out on it.

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2016 7:57 PM

R87

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2016 8:01 PM

R88 is clearly never invited to parties.

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2016 8:04 PM

Oops - my bad. I mistakenly typed the chick's real name, Patty, instead of the alias I made for her, Tina.

So all the girlfriends of the dudes on the basketball team hated my friend Rhianna because they thought she was trying to hook up with their boyfriends.

Patty's partner in crime copped to the "prank" a couple years later...after they were out of high school. The damage was done, though.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2016 8:19 PM

I had an aquaintence who would only approach me at pick-up joints after I had engaged some hot guy in conversation. He was jacked. He would slip between me and the hot guy, and would greet me, then turn his back to me to engage my new friend in conversation, then pickup the hot guy. That happened a few times. Finally I stood my ground, literally. So, when he tried to slip between me and the hot guy, there was no room, and I'd effectively be dry humping him. Ok, I could have handled it better, but it was a fucked up situation and he finally stopped approaching me. I'd bet he had no conscious clue what he was doing, or I was really doing. He probably thought I just wanted to dry hump him. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Was his favorite t.v. show Melrose Place? Did you wear a choker too?

by Anonymousreply 92February 1, 2016 8:47 PM

Two former co-workers and (I thought at the time) close friends of mine were constantly throwing me under the bus with management behind my back at a restaurant we all worked at. Meanwhile they were stealing shit left and right from the place, and basically trying to pin it on me. These two 'friends", both gay men as well, were really "chummy" with the female general manager of the restaurant as well as the female accountant, and were always gossiping with them. At the time, all three of us were (as were nearly half the other employees) pretty regularly using drugs outside of work. They were constantly making remarks to the management about me, saying stuff like "oh, it looks like HE was partying last night...", but would conveniently not mention that they too were partying as well. They were basically trying to paint me as the helpless drug addict who was stealing from the place, so whenever stuff went missing, I was the prime suspect. They were stealing everything from plates, glasses, silverware, entire cases of meats, liquor, gift cards, you name it. I regret not ratting their asses out when I had the chance, but was glad to find out they eventually got caught for stealing and fired after I had quit and moved on.

by Anonymousreply 93February 1, 2016 9:05 PM

A coworker came into my office and ask me about the technology involved in a project, in preparation for a meeting immediately after. I briefed him. At the meeting afterward with the bosses, he jumped in, and repeated everything I just told him, as if it was his own idea. I was so dumb struck, I couldn't say anything. I just knew that place stunk.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2016 9:21 PM

My company hired a woman who I soon realized was meant to replace me. In a conference call with the whole team, I recommended we use an earlier version of a piece of software and why. Despite my being senior to her, she insisted that we use the most recent version of the software. "Newer" sounds better, right? My boss, who literally knew nothing, overruled me. The whole call was embarrassing to me.

AFTER a lot of work, we discovered that the primary piece of vendor software we wanted to use was not compatable with the most recent version of the software, though it was compatable with the earlier version that I recommended. I made a point of making it clear on a conference call with everybody that I was right, and the bitch was wrong. She complained later that I "embarrassed her" in a call with my boss. I said she embarrassed herself.

I knew the place stunk. The boss kept firing people, but I and a few others quit. Finally he was fired. Usually I could wait out bad bosses but this guy knew nothing and was too annoying as a result, and I couldn't put up with him.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2016 9:30 PM

Your story still makes no sense, r90.

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2016 9:44 PM

Is the friend named Julie? She's always such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2016 9:48 PM

What is a PMBT? I've seen it on DL but don't know what it means.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2016 9:51 PM

Mistaken Identity Troll at work again. Leave PB&J alone! He hasn't hurt anybody!

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2016 10:16 PM

It does have a PMBT vibe too it though. Weird sad crying puppy feeling behind the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2016 10:18 PM

What R98 said.

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2016 10:20 PM

I once informed a close friend, after months of working up the nerve, that I was falling in love with him (and at the time, I thought I was). He then proceeded to outrageously flirt (and hook-up) with the guy my most recent boyfriend had dumped me for that same evening. Sure I was pathetic for proclaiming my feelings, but he seemed to take unusual glee in rubbing my face in the fact he didn't feel the same in the worst possible way. He was flabbergasted that I was upset and couldn't figure out why I didn't want to associate him anymore. Called me for weeks. When I finally talked to him and told him why I was upset - he still didn't get it and told me it was all my fault.

Narcissists are funny......................

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2016 10:34 PM

Don't fall in love with narcissists, dear.

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2016 10:37 PM

[quote] "I laid into him in front of several customers about what he did to me in grade school and junior high, and I said even if he had changed since then, I'd absolutely never trust him again or even bother to waste my time hanging around someone so toxic. I remember the stunned look on his face as I walked out of the store. I never went back to that store again for the rest of the summer."

Harrumph. I' sure you flounced on otta there, too, hunty. Fixed him. After you left, I'm sure the hens in the store found you ever so masterful: "Oh, Vera. Aren't fags hilarious?"

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2016 10:44 PM

[quote]A coworker came into my office and ask me about the technology involved in a project, in preparation for a meeting immediately after. I briefed him. At the meeting afterward with the bosses, he jumped in, and repeated everything I just told him, as if it was his own idea.

A number of years ago, a DL poster said he needed to buy a stand mixer and wanted to know what we thought about Kitchenaids. I wrote a fairly detailed review, including the history of the current Kitchenaid mixers and pointing out the inherent flaws of some of their models. He asked more questions and other posters also got involved, and I answered his and their questions. A few months later I was reading appliance reviews on a website (Cooking.com) and saw that someone had submitted a review using everything I had said as if they were his own words. No harm done obviously, but it was a bit of a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 105February 1, 2016 10:56 PM

[quote]Your story still makes no sense, [R90].

Neither does, OP's.

by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2016 11:38 PM

R106 Here is a free clue: People and life often do not make sense. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2016 11:52 PM

I guess they thought your words were helpful r105.

by Anonymousreply 108February 2, 2016 12:14 AM

R105, that really is strange.

by Anonymousreply 109February 2, 2016 12:27 AM

R105 There was harm done. It's called theft, plagiarism, and misappropriation.

by Anonymousreply 110February 2, 2016 12:30 AM

I know, R110. It bothered me and it still bothers me that anyone would do such a thing. It changed how I feel about DL, and I have not been that helpful since. Cooking.com has gone out of business after being turned over to another cookware site, which also went out of business last month so I guess the stolen review is now a moot point.

by Anonymousreply 111February 2, 2016 1:09 AM

Roommate and I had a mutual friend about 20 years old. We would let him stay in our apt and hang out for days on end, even driving him to pick up his paycheck and home to get fresh clothes. Roommate got tired of him so I was the one tasked to tell him he had to go home. He always thought of himself as Alexis Carrington so he started a revenge campaign against me, not the roommate. Reported me as a drunk driver (was pulled over, not drunk) and played a horrible prank in a club where he told an older woman that I was interested in her. I don't know if she was even sure if she was gay but she started a conversation with me and started making comments and it took me a few minutes to realize what was actually going on. He stood in a corner with his little drink watching and laughing. It wasn't funny, it was cruel to that woman. I'm surprised he never slapped my face or threw a drink at me. My roommate never had the balls to tell him that he was the one who wanted him out and they stayed great friends. Both were a couple of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 112February 2, 2016 2:02 AM

I didn't have an evil friend to assist me in revenge, except for my dad. I was having trouble with one of my supervisors at work.

Daddy told me to get a bottle of fish sauce, the cheaper the better (it's smellier) and pour it into the air vents between the windshield and the hood of the supervisor's car. The person might notice a smell but get in the car anyway (and begin to drive). "They'll never get that smell out," he chortled to me. "They'll have to sell the car."

I never did it, due to security cameras and karma, though sorely tempted. It sounds like it would work. Oh, and he said it would work anytime but was especially good in hot weather.

by Anonymousreply 113February 2, 2016 7:06 AM

R113, in the same kind of scenario, a friend put a nice big chunk of limburger cheese on someone's engine block in very cold weather. He may have noticed a slight odor but that's fairly unlikely until the car warmed up. The stench would permeate everything.

That jackass really had it coming, so the revenge was pure pleasure to everyone who knew about it.

by Anonymousreply 114February 2, 2016 12:20 PM

Haha, R33, fucking with the seatbelts? Not the brakes, badass.

by Anonymousreply 115February 2, 2016 1:36 PM

The stench of troll on this thread

by Anonymousreply 116February 2, 2016 1:52 PM

R115 - I was inspired by Iain Banks. Brake cable's too obvious, but seatbelt malfunctioning = potential perfect murder.

by Anonymousreply 117February 2, 2016 6:21 PM

I had this long time friend since my early coming out years. He never got his act together in life because of his borderline personality disorder. Can't hold down a job because he triangulates his coworkers. When he gets found out he gets the boot. Ends up on the balls of his ass and is always sponging off of everyone. When he lost his job and got kicked out of his host's house, I let him move in with me temporarily. Even paid hundreds of dollars to have his car fixed. Later found out from a mutual friend that he was telling everyone I was crazy and a messy housekeeper. Even tried to steal my boyfriend right out from under me. Moved in and is mooching off of some poor sap he met on Grindr. Endeared himself to his extended family and soon enough started playing them off of each other. His newish host is trying to get rid of him now. He tried contacting me for a backup plan. He can stay up in upstate New York because he burned all of his bridges down here.

by Anonymousreply 118February 2, 2016 6:40 PM

Wow, pouring bleach in someone's car? All these elaborate attempts at revenge sound exhausting. Personally, I think it is best to simply take the high road, cut my losses, let the universe or karma or whatever you want to call it take care of the horrible person who "wronged" me. If you don't believe in karma, then know that the cunt who hurt you has surely done it to others. Always. That awful person is not only awful to you but to others. Let someone else stir that toxic soup up. When I get down on their level, I am keeping that negative stuff in MY life. Asking for more of it. Stirring that cosmic pot. Keeping the horrible person close. Which I do NOT want to do. It is nice to see when they get what is coming to them but I don't need to be the one to exact the payback.

by Anonymousreply 119February 2, 2016 7:44 PM

How has this become a vengeance thread?

by Anonymousreply 120February 2, 2016 10:05 PM

Years ago, I had bought a brand new Mustang. Within the first month of me having it, someone dented my door at work. Within the first year of me having the car, it had been dented a total of 4 times - every couple months I had to keep taking it to the shop. Many years later, I found out it was a former "close" friend of mine, who also happened to be a coworker as well. He drove a piece of shit junker, and on top of that, had lost his license for multiple DUI's, always had collectors coming after him, and apparently my new car was putting him into a bitchy little spiteful rage.

by Anonymousreply 121February 2, 2016 10:09 PM

Well thats what I did, 119. But saving up for a never to be done smashed kneecaps revenge help me stick to the high road. Yes, I am not pure.

by Anonymousreply 122February 2, 2016 10:10 PM

I worked with a "friend" that back stabbed me to my boss in hopes of preventing me from getting a promotion. He pretty much backstabbed everyone and most people didn't know he did it, on the surface he had great people skills. He honestly could rip into someone behind their back to their boss then meet the person for breakfast the next morning and chat away as if nothing was wrong. He called me to invite me to his retirement party and I told him what a piece of shit I thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 123February 3, 2016 12:16 AM

How did you finally find out about him?

by Anonymousreply 124February 3, 2016 12:19 AM

So many meek little pussies on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 125February 3, 2016 11:26 AM

This thread makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 126February 3, 2016 4:20 PM

[quote]This thread makes me sad.

Me too. It makes me cry.

by Anonymousreply 127February 3, 2016 8:10 PM

I once did something evil in response to a friend being inconsiderate.

I had a dinner party to celebrate his birthday. After I spent all day cooking, he showed up one-and-a-half hours late. And he showed up with a stranger who was not his boyfriend, which made everyone there (who were also friends of his boyfriend) uncomfortable. He announced that they weren't hungry because they had already eaten. And after 15 minutes said they had to leave to go to a party they guy he had picked up had been invited to.

Had I been more mature, I would have told him at a later time how inconsiderate I found his behavior. Instead, I wrote to the local gay rag, which had a drag queen advice column. I recounted the evening with merciless editorial asides. And the coup de grâce was how it started: "I have a friend. I'll call him "[I then used his real name],"

My letter was published, with a withering remark about "[His real name]" from the drag queen. So that part was funny. But the problem was the publication came out and was available in the resort town we were all sharing a house with "[His real name]" and his cheated on boyfriend. Everyone knew instantly who was the subject of the advice column -- as well as the author.

It was very uncomfortable. I would not handle things in such an immature and mean way now.

by Anonymousreply 128February 3, 2016 8:57 PM

Many of the posters sound like really horrid people who asked for their bad fortune. . Common. Mean-spirited. Doing trashy violent things right back to those who "wronged you first." Ever hear of taking the high road? Apparently not. At the very least some of the posters are saying that they did these revenge things when they were much younger and more immature. Fish and rancid cheese in cars? VANDALISM is okay if someone pisses you off? Reminds of that old country song "I took a Louisville Slugger to both head lights..carved my name into his leather seats. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats." It might sound cool at first but the singer (the character in the song) is a scary, creepy, criminal-minded unhinged mess of a cunt . Listeners who go "Hell YEAH" to her actions are just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 129February 3, 2016 11:04 PM

R129 = carol Burnett

by Anonymousreply 130February 4, 2016 4:46 AM

At one point I lived with a guy who I also worked with in the same cramped office space. How that happen? I helped him get the damn job but strangely he ended up in a position higher than mine even though I had more experience.

We had been very good friends for a few years before we lived together. As time went on he somehow managed to get a better position than me and started spreading rumors about me at work. He told people that I had a drug problem. He nearly got me fired for something that was completely untrue. I had never even smoked weed once at that point in my life. He was such a dumb ass because it got back to me. EVERYTHING he said got back to me five minutes after he said it.

There was one problem: people generally didn't like him as much as he thought they did. His whole life was based around being "likable." The truth was most people saw through that. So that, combined with the fact that I got along with everyone in every department we worked with because us "underlings" all associated and there were more than us than them, I managed to turn every single person against him by calling him out every time he said anything that was complete bullshit. I somehow managed to completely destroy his nerves and reputation over the course of a three month period which ruined our friendship but you know he was never my friend anyway.

Fast forward years later I heard from a mutual friend that he grew to hate me because, I got along with everyone (Maybe because he was a manipulative dick and I try not to be? ) and to top that off, when I was laid off of my job there I ended up coming back three weeks later in a position higher than his. (Which is how it should have been.) Luckily I never had to associate with him since my office was across the street and eventually I moved far away from his ass.

by Anonymousreply 131February 4, 2016 6:05 AM

I once had a small group of friends who were all very close. I developed a crush on one of the guys in the group. I really fell hard for him, although he was ostensibly straight. He was a bit of a mind game player and drew me in and led me on in many ways. He was a recovering alcoholic, which says a lot right there. He was a "dry drunk." And I was young and impressionable. He and I spent a lot of time together, even though we never slept together. It was a very hard time for me and one of those rituals that many/most gay men go through, I guess, falling for a straight guy. I was also very close to one of the women in our group and she was aware of this crush and how hard I was dealing with trying to get over this guy, to get past it, to move forward. She and I would have long talks about it all and she would listen patiently. I tried not to always make our friendship all about me and my love for Bob (not his real name), either. We often talked about her and her life and a lot of other things. I tried very hard to be a good friend. I thought our friendship was grounded in complete honesty and trust. Which is what I thought friendship SHOULD be about. One night I couldn't sleep and went out for a late night drive. I drove past Meredith's house and I saw that all the lights were out . And there was Bob's car parked in her driveway. I instantly put two and two together. They were fucking and had been secretly seeing each other for months. All during the time Meredith had listened to me pour my heart out about Bob to her. Once I discovered that they both had intentionally kept their secret fuckfests (sorry for the vulgarity but it STILL pisses me off even fifteen years later) from me and everyone else in our little group, I never spoke to either of them again. It wasn't that they "didn't want to hurt me," they simply didn't care enough about me to tell me and didn't want to deal with any of it.

by Anonymousreply 132February 6, 2016 2:52 PM

In college I rubbed Bengay on one guy's suppositories.

by Anonymousreply 133February 6, 2016 3:11 PM

There was a friend I hung out with in high school. His name was Ben. I even went to his house on many occasion, etc. This friend wanted to be friends with the "cooler" crowd. So the others told him that if he wanted to hang out with them, he needed to prove himself so they told him to pick a fight with me. This happened at the last day of school, in fact the last class of that day. I saw Ben chatting with them and then he came up to me and started punching me hard. We ended up in a fight. I was taller than him but he was huskier. The fight was vicious.

At one point I hit him so hard that he fell and hit the side of his head on the corner of a table. He had to go to the hospital. Technically, I won the fight but I wasn't happy with the situation. I lost a "friend" on the last day of school. I returned home with a ripped t-shirt and bloody nose.

During the fight, everyone in class was rooting for Ben...except for one guy who I had a crush on back then, which motivated me to fight harder. Sadly, I never saw him again after that year.

by Anonymousreply 134February 6, 2016 3:24 PM

I bet Ben never sold R134 any more used textbooks!

by Anonymousreply 135February 6, 2016 4:23 PM

R132, Well ....

[quote]It wasn't that they "didn't want to hurt me," they simply didn't care enough about me to tell me and didn't want to deal with any of it.

This story is very sad, honestly. What I got from this is that she listened to you talk about him for hours, he spent lots of time with you and yet you think they didn't want to tell you because they didn't care about you? Few people spend hours with someone or listening to their problems without caring about them in some way, shape or form. Who has the time? Those are not the actions of someone who doesn't care about you. Furthermore they were all part of your group of friends and they and the friends seem like they went through a lot of trouble to keep it from you when it would have been easier to tell you.

I'd wager that if they really didn't care they probably would have told you the first time you annoyed one of them.

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2016 12:21 AM

Not a friend, but a roommate. I had a guy overnight with me who told me he observed the roommate using my beach towel as a cum rag. I told the roommate he had to move out and why, and he did without additional drama.

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2016 1:08 AM

I was also going to tell R137 that his hot roomate drank milk from his fridge---directly out of the carton! I was saving that one in case the cum-rag-beach-towel accusation didn't oust my competition fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2016 6:31 AM

I'm more interested in whatever scene led r137's overnight guest to witness the roommate cumming and cleaning. I mean you bring someone home for the first time and he gets to see your roomie cum?

I think we know who the really hot guy was in this scenario, and who wanted to get rid of whom as competition.

by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2016 8:36 AM

R139, meet R138.

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2016 9:11 PM

Nah. Not at all like your scenario r138. Obviously the roommate was the hot one, but he got to seduce the guest. So at that point OP needed to rule against the hot roommate who was stealing guests away from OP.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2016 12:16 AM

If you say so, R141. *Curtsy*

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2016 1:41 AM

Lol r5.

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2020 4:15 AM

Taking away R28’s gay card.

by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2020 4:25 AM

Jim sounds needlessly tiresome. All white to a funeral? Really? Who the fuck performed the rites, Heaven's Gate?

by Anonymousreply 145January 31, 2020 4:41 AM

Any adult that cries over somebody not making a big fuss over their birthday deserves a baseball bat to the nads. Grow up, Veruca.

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2020 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!