Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Academy Award Winner Leonardo DiCaprio

It's a given.

The "love" he received at the SAG Awards just confirmed it for me. Not only do the Hollywood Execs love him, but his fellow actors love him as well. He seems like a genuinely nice guy

Leo has this in the bag. He will win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364August 30, 2021 1:47 AM

OP, why did you post a picture of Klaus Maria Brandauer?

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2016 4:14 PM

He looks like Jason Ritter after a 38-month blooze bender.

He is so overrated.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2016 4:17 PM

Leo DiCaprio Lucci

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2016 4:17 PM

That's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2016 4:19 PM

Wow, who knew that Leo had so many haters.

I guess Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner really DO post here!

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2016 4:19 PM

Of course he's going to win. And in a year or two people will look back at "The Revenant" and realize just how idiotic that movie is and how Leo doesn't do anything that special in it.

Tina and Amy were joking last night, but they hit on the truth. What Leo did wasn't great acting, and people are ignoring the silliness of that movie just so they can hand the Oscar off to Leo. And then maybe, like Al Pacino when he won his long-overdue Oscar, we'll never see him nominated again.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2016 4:20 PM

He needs to come out already.

Why should people be happy about the closet being rewarded once again?

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2016 4:22 PM

Oh dear, that short beard does not hide all those chins and the jowls.

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2016 4:23 PM

Good question, R7.

DiCaprio is a reflection of today's movies. Medicore and awful. Next year, the winner will be a black guy, but the following year it will be Cooper, then Channing Tatum, then Mark Wahlberg, etc.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2016 4:25 PM

He is campaigning for the Oscar more than AnnE Hathaway did a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2016 4:31 PM

Yes another undeserving winner. What's so unusual about that?

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2016 4:33 PM

It's shocking to look back at him in his "Titanic" days and see how poorly he aged. At his bushy, bearded worst he looks like he should be the grandfather of the Leo from that movie, and it hasn't even been twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2016 4:34 PM

R12, I agree! Leo has aged horribly! Revenent had great scenery,but movie was tedious and painful at times

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2016 4:39 PM

How amazing would it be if he didn't win, though? His reaction would probably be one of the best moments in Oscar history.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2016 5:52 PM

If he is such a good guy, how come and he still has casual affairs with models and he can't find a soul mate at his fucking age?

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2016 5:57 PM

Whatever you may think of DiCaprio's (non) performance, there are other factors involved. For one, THE REVENANT has been a box office smash. It has been consistently #2 at the box office since it opened nationwide January 8, except for last weekend when it topped the BO at #1. This week it's once again at #2.

Also, the movie is the most-nominated film of the year, with 12 Oscar nominations, including Best Picture. Unlike actresses, actors always fare better when they're nominated for a Best Picture nominee. Since 2000, only Denzel Washington (TRAINING DAY), Forest Whitaker (THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND), and Jeff Bridges (CRAZY HEART) have won even though their respective films weren't nominated for Best Picture. In Best Actor, only Matt Damon is the other actor who's in a Best Picture nominee, and he has no chance in hell.

So, yes, it's DiCaprio's to lose, which he won't.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2016 6:09 PM

R14 not gonna happen this year. His closest competiton this year is probably Damon but that would be even worse if he won. It's definitely gonna be a career Oscar for him but I enjoyed the Revenant. Hardy had the best role acting wise but I have zero problem with DiCaprio winning. He can be good given the right material.

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2016 6:12 PM

I hate that my favorite and the best mainstream actor of my generation finally gets his oscar will all this "racist" controversy.

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2016 6:28 PM

r9, Channing Tatum and mark walhberg will NEVER win an oscar.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2016 6:30 PM

[quote]He needs to come out already.

[quote]Why should people be happy about the closet being rewarded once again?

Still holding to this dream after decades. Must be exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2016 6:33 PM

To those saying leo aged terribly, you do realize he's 41. He looks his age but more importantly like a real person.

by Anonymousreply 21January 31, 2016 6:49 PM

A 'real' person doesn't fuck all those models in a row.

by Anonymousreply 22January 31, 2016 6:50 PM

Leo!

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2016 7:30 PM

I also heard the sky is blue.

by Anonymousreply 24January 31, 2016 7:33 PM

He will win and I admit he is not a favorite of mine...although I don't hate him the way many do. I liked him in The Great Gatsby.

by Anonymousreply 25January 31, 2016 7:33 PM

I am a fan of Matt Damon but I certainly don't believe he should win for The Martian.

by Anonymousreply 26January 31, 2016 7:36 PM

Leo is a 100% str8 tuna-tasting fish-fucking heterosexual real man.

by Anonymousreply 27January 31, 2016 7:38 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and also predict that Brie Larson will win for Room.

by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2016 7:40 PM

I don't hate him, i just don't think he is as nice as he tries to seem, especially now that he is campaigning for his Oscar.

However, he is an excellent actor, he is not merely good. He is an Academy whore though, look at his movies. He is not what he used to be when he was younger. It's annoying that he never appears in any independent films anymore...

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2016 7:40 PM

If he doesn't win this year, I hope he decides to never, ever attend another Oscars show for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2016 7:41 PM

Since when did DL become so monogamy-obsessed? Who the fuck cares if he likes to fuck models? If he wants to remain single, let him be.

Are you all partnered??

by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2016 7:47 PM

Why isn't James Lipton wearing glasses in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2016 7:50 PM

I don't have a problem with Leo winning, and it will be a career Oscar. It always cracks me up, this time every year, when people look for fairness and quality in the Oscar race. For one thing, quality is subjective. More important, the Oscars are about marketing. Which movie made more money, and which studio bought its stars the most influence with Oscar voters.

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2016 7:57 PM

I also heard that Chris Rock is going to host.

by Anonymousreply 34January 31, 2016 7:58 PM

I actually was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I liked it a lot, a lot more than I expected. I don't care much about Leo but he was pretty good. I also thought that if I had watched it at home I would have hated it and probably would not have finished it. But on the big screen the movie is so beautiful and so harrowing. I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 35January 31, 2016 7:59 PM

Did Leo steal the award from a more deserving person of color? There wasn't enough diversity in the SAG winner circle, not enough flavah for me.

by Anonymousreply 36January 31, 2016 8:00 PM

R31, it's another thing being lonely and another thing to use one cunt after the other. I bet he really hurt some of these girls.

by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2016 8:04 PM

I can't believe there are people who actually think it's odd that someone would prefer a rotation of young, hot models to marriage.

by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2016 8:05 PM

I think they are also gonna have a red carpet this year. Leo, BTW, is gay. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2016 8:05 PM

He is dating for years models, R38. If you respect someone who cannot be in a serious relationship with another person, that's your business. I'm not talking about marriage, by the way. I'm talking about a long-term relationship. He is unable for one, as it seems, while he is not unable to fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2016 8:15 PM

The models are beards.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2016 8:15 PM

I will be boycotting the Oscar ceremony this year.

by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2016 8:30 PM

Leo is not gay. Not every good looking star is. You guys are delusional. You think big studios would waste money exclusively on gay men. Talent and looks trump everything thats why quite a bit are, and one will find success as long he beards but there is nothing to suggest Leo is anything other than straight/bi who likes fucking top notch models.

by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2016 8:38 PM

Why do you think a string of contractually approved models prove that he is straight?

by Anonymousreply 44January 31, 2016 8:44 PM

I will be boycotting because of DiCaprio and Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2016 8:55 PM

It's bizarre that DL thinks every good looking guy is gay. Some are, no doubt, but attractive straight guys exist, people.

by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2016 9:37 PM

R46, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2016 9:40 PM

"Leo is not gay. Not every good looking star is."

Who said shit about a good looking star? We're talking about an elfin actor known as Leonardo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Precisely R48.

by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2016 9:49 PM

R47 okay, I'll leave you to your sordid fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2016 10:24 PM

I hope that he takes Lukas Haas as his date, and when Leo wins, he plants a nice wet kiss on Lukas' mouth. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2016 10:28 PM

R50, the guy is not hot to me. He's just some closeted asshole -- I feel the same way about Lindsey Graham and I post in his thread too -- calling him a closeted asshole. Or, anybody that's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2016 10:28 PM

your right r46, and I'm only being anal about it because ppl are applying this mentality to everyday life and will get themselves fucked up by somebody.

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2016 10:53 PM

Leo isn't too much too look at now but in his day he was one sexy motherfucker.

Go watch Don's Plum. He's one fucking hot douchebro in that.

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2016 10:57 PM

Pigandro DieCrapio has never looked so buxom. like a honey glazed ham ready for someone's christmas table.

by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2016 11:15 PM

if i fuck him then i am no better than david cameron

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2016 11:15 PM

Yeah he's probably gonna win but how great for viewers would it be if the Ampas members who are furious about their new rules decided to screw over the Oscars by voting for the "wrong" thing? Oscar winner Bryan Cranston, Best Picture, Mad Max, Best Actress, the very "oppressed", very white Charlotte Rampling etc.

by Anonymousreply 57January 31, 2016 11:17 PM

will nazi queen rampling win her white gold oscar? will she visit auschwitz after winning and dance with hitler's corpse?

by Anonymousreply 58January 31, 2016 11:19 PM

That picture should be used in the dictionary to illustrate what a smug bastard looks like.

It has to be straight women complaining about Leo not being in a monogamous relationship and "those poor models!" Considering how long Lukas Haas has been with him, DiCaprio is practically the king of monogamy. As long as you ignore the side pieces. Remember when he tried to get with Zac Efron attention after a Lakers game and then ran the other way when he saw Vanessa Hudgens? He eventually was able to take Zac on a date to another Lakers game.

And then there's this:

"Leo is not gay. Not every good looking star is."

Somebody's holding on to their Titanic fantasies. (That has two meanings).

The last time DiCaprio was good looking was when he was filming Catch Me If You Can. And if I want to be really generous, "The Departed." It's been downhill since.

by Anonymousreply 59January 31, 2016 11:25 PM

Nazi queen Rampling, R58? WTF? You can't be on about The Night Porter after all these years? Jesus.

[quote] Did Leo steal the award from a more deserving person of color?

No, R36, he stole it from a more deserving person of no color, Bryan Cranston.

by Anonymousreply 60January 31, 2016 11:26 PM

One week after the Oscars, nobody cares who won. One year later, nobody even remembers.

by Anonymousreply 61January 31, 2016 11:32 PM

If Leo wins, will he finally be offered the role in the Billy Barty biopic?

by Anonymousreply 62January 31, 2016 11:33 PM

R61 Nobody cares now. This has to be the weakest Oscar year yet. The whole Will Smith controversy has been the only thing interesting.

by Anonymousreply 63January 31, 2016 11:38 PM

Is Leonardo DiCaprio the male Anne Hatheway?

by Anonymousreply 64January 31, 2016 11:46 PM

Poster 43, please have a seat somewhere. The gay rumor has been constant since the beginning of his adult career. Rumors do have a level of truth.

by Anonymousreply 65January 31, 2016 11:52 PM

Those who think Leo is a good natured guy should check out Don's Plum.

He has the best PR and image monitoring in the business. Not a good dude.

by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2016 12:00 AM

If Leo's straight, how come none of those rotating door models he's been dating for 20 years have ever "accidentally" gotten knocked up? A straight guy who is a multi-millionaire celebrity always has at least one "oops" baby (aka meal ticket for the girlfriend) if he doesn't settle down.

by Anonymousreply 67February 1, 2016 12:09 AM

You'd think those chicks eoukd get pregnant -- I mean to have Leo's kid? That's high profile.

by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2016 12:27 AM

Seriously r68. Hell, even D-Listers like Emile Hirsch and Ryan Phillippe get trapped with an unexpected babymomma. Any woman who was truly screwing a mega A-lister like Dicaprio would've found a way to get pregnant. It's not like any of his model "girlfriends" are famous in their own right. Or at least they weren't when he started "dating" them, like Giselle and Bar. It's so transparent.

And Lukas Haas has lived with Leo for 20 years, and they're always together.

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2016 12:31 AM

I've read that Lukas hasn't lived with Leo since 2010. But yes, they're together a lot: concerts, traveling with Leo's mother and various girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 70February 1, 2016 12:40 AM

Post where you read that.

by Anonymousreply 71February 1, 2016 12:42 AM

That's just brahs being brahs - no homosex!

by Anonymousreply 72February 1, 2016 12:43 AM

Date a "model" and you wind up with a baby momma. If you're actually fucking them. They may be dumb, but they're not THAT dumb.

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2016 12:47 AM

Unless he's sterile, a pussy-poking stud will ALWAYS breed. The fact that he's in his 40's and yet not one love chile to be found from the trail of creamed pussy behind him is all the evidence needed. Whatever he is, I'm certainly gonna throw up.

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2016 1:00 AM

r67, your logic makes no sense because there are plenty of guys with kids that many on here insist still are gay: will smith, cruise, travolta, etc, etc. If anything it means he is responsible. Birth control works when one is disciplined. Again, not every big star is gay. There are no substantiated rumors, just made up shit because he is good looking and extremely successful.

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2016 1:06 AM

R75 = delusional and oddly focused on gay Scientologists.

But hey, it's your right to believe whatever ridiculous nonsense you want.

by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2016 1:11 AM

Never got the gay vibe from DiCaprio but I'm sure he's fucked around with Haas.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2016 1:14 AM

r75 have you ever known any straight guys? At all? They HATE condoms. HATE them. As soon as the woman says "we don't need to use one" they're pounding that pussy raw in two seconds. Other forms of birth control are seen as the woman's responsibility, straight guys don't pay any attention to that.

As for Cruise, Travolta etc. you must truly be stupid. It's called "turkey baster babies," colloquially, and it's been going on forever. Sexual intercourse isn't necessary to conceive a child, there are several other ways.

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2016 1:14 AM

Maybe these models get one look at DiCaprio's fat, naked body and immediately run for the hills. Thus no impregnation.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2016 1:18 AM

They're plenty of a-list guys who never had kids. Actually too many to list here. My main point-- just as kids does not prove ones straightness the absence of the them does not conclude one is gay. You can be disciplined. Furthermore the mofo could be shooting blanks or even have had a vasectomy. Some of you live in your own little DL fantasy land. Leo doesn't seem like a phony. He may be bi, but he is too authentic to beard.

by Anonymousreply 80February 1, 2016 1:27 AM

"Too authentic to beard?" LOL! You know nothing about Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 81February 1, 2016 1:30 AM

Leo is too "authentic" to beard?

Oh honey, no.

by Anonymousreply 82February 1, 2016 1:30 AM

The giveaway with Leo is that he is with his mother, always, just like Bradley Cooper. Nicholson may have been a pussyhound, but he also had serious relationships (Anjelica, Rebecca). Leo's models are beards that are now young enough to be his daughters. None serious, none sexual.

by Anonymousreply 83February 1, 2016 1:33 AM

Leo is 100% a product of Hollywood, like so many stars. All they care about is getting good roles, staying famous, and their public image. Those three things are the most important things in their lives, and they will do anything to maintain that. They will hide things about themselves if there is just the slightest chance that it could affect their careers or their standing with the public (homosexuality is a big one here). Fame is the most powerful drug of all, for a lot of people. The number of stars who, of their own volition, walked away from being famous since the beginning of Hollywood, you could probably count on one hand.

by Anonymousreply 84February 1, 2016 1:35 AM

If he wins it will be without my vote, wait do I have a vote.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2016 1:35 AM

Leo has never dated anybody famous, anybody with any stature. Most actors date their leading ladies at some point. He never has. They have to be nonentities who are disposable. And nonentities who are disposable are broke and need to get a meal ticket which is why they forget to take their birth control pills.

I agree with the poster above. Straight men don't use condoms unless they're fucking hookers or something. They rely on the woman they're fucking to be using birth control which is why so many of them get caught out. But not Leo.

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2016 1:48 AM

And he should win, The Revenant may be not for everyone , Leo has a body of past work that is so worthy of an Oscar, think about all the past no talents who have won for one, stupid, quirky, well marketed role in a film? He is a brilliant, classy actor who delivers illuminating performances , He is in the same class as Brando, De Niro, Nicholson, Clift....

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2016 2:32 AM

Leo is gay and the models use him and he uses the models. In a few years, he should come out, he is rich and he will work.

by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2016 2:48 AM

Or after Oscar it will be announced he is marrying Brie Larson or Rachel McAdams. No rich straight gut hangs out 24/7 with mommy. The jig is up on Leo! Publicity!

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2016 2:53 AM

Leo hated this director he worked with but now that he wants the prize...he has nothing but loving words for the director. A complete turnaround.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2016 2:56 AM

R 87, please illuminate for us which of his past performances Leo deserved the Oscar over the eventual winner?

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2016 3:19 AM

No babymommas after 20 years, he goes absolutely everywhere with mommy (how many straight guys bring their mothers on vacation with them, especially on booze-soaked party vacations to Europe?), and Lukas Haas also going absolutely everywhere with him = he's really hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 92February 1, 2016 10:26 AM

Yeah, after being screwed over four previous nominations, yeah, Hollywood execs and his fellow actors sure do "love" him. It's all bullshit. He should have two Oscars by now. So this year, when Fassbender should win, they are giving Leo a career Oscar. Awards shouldn't be so damn predictable, this is lame and yes, the Oscar is his this year.

by Anonymousreply 93February 1, 2016 10:33 AM

It seems like it's set up for him to win every year, yet he doesn't. Why should this year be any different?

I take it that he is not very well liked by Academy members. With that in mind, I'm guessing that Bryan Cranston will win.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2016 11:59 AM

I'm with you, R87.

Leo is a class act. Just watch the SAG awards, and you'll see that his fellow actors actually cheered his win.

As per usual, he will have his haters, but I've never heard a bad thing about him.

It's easy to follow his career, from that stupid Kirk Cameron show where he was just an extra, to Gilbert Grape, and so on, his speech at the SAG awards about being a little kid begging his parents to drive him to auditions, really rang true. He's just a kid who admired actors, studied their work, and excelled at the craft.

If anyone deserves the Oscar this year, it's Leonardo DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2016 12:48 PM

R95

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2016 1:19 PM

R95 Lukas Haas

R94 in previous years he was nominated he was always going to lose especially since the winners had won SAG and the golden globe, practically every time an unbeatable combo. (Tommy Lee Jones only won the globe a year before SAG awards began). The film is a big hit, directed by last years Oscar winner no less, and is a front runner for best picture and Leo's has lost four times so there's the overdue factor. Plus his competition is fairly weak. As sure as the sun will rise he will win this year.

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2016 1:25 PM

Why the fuck didn't I win for "Titanic"...?!?!?!

Maybe if there had been a bear on board the ship...???

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2016 1:44 PM

i've never understood the fascination for him

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2016 2:33 PM

R99 = Ryan Phillipe

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2016 2:35 PM

[quote]He is in the same class as Brando, De Niro, Nicholson, Clift....

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2016 2:39 PM

He's too stocky German peasanty to be attractive. And his acting is too try hard, his range extends from grunting to screaming.

He's boring to watch and annoying to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2016 2:44 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2016 2:45 PM

R98 it helps to be nominated first

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2016 2:46 PM

Get your normal ass off him, Winslet.

by Anonymousreply 105February 1, 2016 2:47 PM

[quote] will nazi queen rampling win her white gold oscar? will she visit auschwitz after winning and dance with hitler's corpse?

She'll get Eddie Redmayne to dress as Dirk Bogarde and will reenact a certain scene from THE NIGHT PORTER, R58

by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2016 2:52 PM

Speaking of baby mamas, how come Lukas Haas doesn't have any?

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2016 2:52 PM

Holy hell, Leo looks like a fucked up creeper. He's Val Kilmer's twin. Poor ittle Lukie Haas having to get tapped by that.

by Anonymousreply 108February 1, 2016 2:53 PM

Somehow, somehow Leonardo DiCaprio has manged to stay in the closet for 30 years. Notice how only DL keeps harping on about this. It's desperate, sad and dated. Something tells me he could have entire brood of children and a line of sex types with every female model even, and you'd still be claiming he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2016 3:01 PM

Go away, R121. You're GAY. Learn your history.

by Anonymousreply 110February 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Like Clooney during his single days, he must have had a vasectomy.

by Anonymousreply 111February 1, 2016 3:31 PM

He's smug and ugulay!

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2016 3:33 PM

Agree about the smugness. I'd rather Kirk Cameron win for one of those religious crap things he does.

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2016 3:34 PM

Johnny Depo is a good actor abd he's never been nominated for anything.

by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2016 3:44 PM

Depp

by Anonymousreply 115February 1, 2016 3:44 PM

R114 Johnny Depp was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Pirates of the Caribbean. Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 116February 1, 2016 3:47 PM

R114 Depp is a seriously limited one trick pony. Freaky and weird is all that he pull off because he's basically playing himself.

by Anonymousreply 117February 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Jonny Depp was nominated for Best Leading Actor. Google is your friend, cuntface.

by Anonymousreply 118February 1, 2016 3:50 PM

Alright blocked. Again, just more hate on datalounge. No wit or humor with put downs. Just hate.

by Anonymousreply 119February 1, 2016 4:00 PM

I giggled at R118. Unwarranted hate is fascinating and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 120February 1, 2016 4:03 PM

[reply 31] what a pathetic clueless fangirl. Or a case of a slut defending a slut?

by Anonymousreply 121February 1, 2016 5:21 PM

"I can't believe there are people who actually think it's odd that someone would prefer a rotation of young, hot models to marriage."

Child, you should. Sleeping around is not what it cracks up to be.

by Anonymousreply 122February 1, 2016 5:28 PM

I'm not a fan, but I don't think he is gay. He seems, (like most actors) to choose girlfriends that reflect his attractiveness, like, "I only date supermodel because I'm too attractive to date anyone else," Adam Latrine is the same.

by Anonymousreply 123February 1, 2016 5:38 PM

We never got a sissy vibe from Leo and our fruit-dar is nearly 99% accurate!

by Anonymousreply 124February 1, 2016 5:42 PM

lol R123.

by Anonymousreply 125February 1, 2016 5:42 PM

R123 PMSl. Adam Latrine. So he's a walking shitter. Please go back to putting pigtails in your hair and believing unicorns are real you stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 126February 1, 2016 5:56 PM

Are gay people denying that movie Stars stay in the closet? That's rich.

by Anonymousreply 127February 1, 2016 6:21 PM

I think this is the decade of the overdue award. So far we've had Streep in THE IRON LADY, Moore in STILL ALICE, and now Leo in REVENANT. The latter two were the ones most everyone was saying "S/he should've won an Oscar along time ago!" In Streep's case, she already had two (Lead, Supporting), but her stans weren't satisfied with that. She HAD to have a second for Lead. After 29 years, she finally did. I haven't seen REVENANT so can't comment on the movie nor Leo's performance, but IRON LADY was a piece of shit and Streep was inconsistent; she was good as the elderly, doddy Thatcher, but she was terrible in the younger/Prime years. STILL ALICE was also terrible, TV movie, and Moore was merely serviceable. The film ended abruptly before she could really shine.

by Anonymousreply 128February 1, 2016 7:03 PM

I forgot to add, neither Streep nor Moore would've won if people hadn't considered them overdue.

by Anonymousreply 129February 1, 2016 7:10 PM

"stans" don't vote for Oscars

by Anonymousreply 130February 1, 2016 7:48 PM

Goodness, gracious me! The DL has been invaded by little Leo fangirls (whom, we can safely assume, are now 40 year old virgins).

Ladies, show yourselves out.

by Anonymousreply 131February 1, 2016 7:55 PM

Haven't seen "The Revenant" yet. Is Leo's performance in it Oscar-worthy?

by Anonymousreply 132February 1, 2016 8:55 PM

R84, hear hear. Why can't these "actors" be satisfied with smaller roles, losing fame (or "traction" in DL parlance), and simply stay home posting their insider gay gossip on Datalounge?

Why maintain any career? Stay in this rat race? Why not trust their full lives with the public who don't obsess with gays as any different from straights?

Not accomplishing anything is the best honesty. The most peaceful life. The number of DL posters, by their own volition out the closetcases from first hand experiences since the beginning of Hollywood, we can count to infinity.

by Anonymousreply 133February 1, 2016 9:58 PM

Ok Idiot R91, Gilbert Grape, Titanic, The Departed, Shutter Island, And his latest which is brilliant The Revenant, just to name a few moron...

by Anonymousreply 134February 2, 2016 3:07 AM

Oh, R134. Oh my. Oh dear. Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 135February 2, 2016 3:12 AM

I have no problem with Leo winning an Oscar for some of his roles r134 -- but his Titanic role was pretty superficial and he did not really add much too it acting wise.

by Anonymousreply 136February 2, 2016 3:16 AM

Because of his box office pull since Titanic (cf. aging fangirls above), Di Caprio gets offered the best roles going for actors in his age group. And he doesn't do a lot with them. He's overrated beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 137February 2, 2016 3:22 AM

He is indeed, R137. He is River Phoenix-lite.

by Anonymousreply 138February 2, 2016 3:39 AM

Ok R135 after I give you your much needed fan and smelling salts to recover from my post , who is YOUR pick ?

by Anonymousreply 139February 2, 2016 4:06 AM

For 30 years Leo has somehow convinced people that he is a gifted actor.

by Anonymousreply 140February 2, 2016 4:13 AM

Leonardo got lucky with Titanic. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 141February 2, 2016 4:15 AM

What is up with people who either don't post punctuation or post punctuation in the middle or far end of a sentence , like this ?

Are they foriegners? Are they from Cuba?

by Anonymousreply 142February 2, 2016 4:17 AM

He's a good actor, but he's no Lance Kerwin :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 2, 2016 4:43 AM

I give Leo credit for wanting a Streep or Day-Lewis career over a Demi Moore or Richard Gere kind of career. At least he's primarily driven to make good movies.

He would never acknowledge he has sex with men. Show business is still 1950's for film especially.

by Anonymousreply 144February 2, 2016 5:44 AM

R144 as you can tell from reading this thread, if he came out he'd lose all those aging fangirls and there would go his box office. He'll never come out.

by Anonymousreply 145February 2, 2016 4:00 PM

When my niece was around 13, she loved Leo after Titanic. I couldn't wait to show her that movie with David Thewlis where he played the gay poet. She could not believe it. I had fun doing that. She kept saying 'LEO - no!'

by Anonymousreply 146February 2, 2016 4:32 PM

I thought he deserved Best Supporting for Gilbert Grape, equally to Winner Tommy Lee Jones for The Fugitive. Although not my favorite in 2013, I'd have been fine if he had won for Wolf of Wall Street, I think his best adult performance. Certainly over Matthew McC for Dallas Buyer's Club. Never understood the nearly unanimous acclaim for that very good but not great performance.

by Anonymousreply 147February 2, 2016 8:20 PM

Yay for Leo.

by Anonymousreply 148February 2, 2016 8:24 PM

No, R141.

He'd already been nominated for an Oscar by that point.

Also, he oozed sex appeal and/or charm in Romeo and Juliet and The Basketball Diaries. It was always a matter of time before he exploded.

I can remember going to see Titanic on opening day in Hollywood at the Chinese. The first flash of Leo's eyes above his sketchpad and there was an audible gasp and how stunning he was.

by Anonymousreply 149February 2, 2016 9:32 PM

(R52) - Politician Lindsey Graham is gay??!! What? How can you say such a thing? Have you proof?

by Anonymousreply 150February 2, 2016 10:17 PM

He's a sociopath in real life.

by Anonymousreply 151February 2, 2016 10:39 PM

His performance in Wolf of Wall Street was total crap, nothing but one-note screaming. McConaughey gave a better performance in Wolf than Leo did. So did Jonah Hill and Margot Robbie.

by Anonymousreply 152February 2, 2016 10:48 PM

I agree. Not saying he really deserves it, but he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 153February 2, 2016 10:50 PM

He'll be remembered as desperately wanting an oscar.

by Anonymousreply 154February 3, 2016 12:38 AM

Is Leo getting it because he "deserves an Oscar" after all this time?

Or is it because his performance in "The Revenant" deserves an Oscar, in and of itself?

by Anonymousreply 155February 3, 2016 5:41 PM

R155 the reason DiCaprio will win this time is the theme of the movie. It appeals very much to Americans. They always loved 'heroic' characters and this movie is very traditional and American...

DiCaprio gave a good performance ( he always does) but the character he played was not someone that could really exist in real life. A real person could have never survived if something like what happened to the protagonist had happened to them. The funny thing is that DiCaprio's character not only survives, but he heals almost immediately in order to take revenge from the man who killed his son. Pff...what a cliche, i wonder how come and Americans always fall for that kind of shit.

Personally, i don't think that Leo deserves to win an Oscar for this movie. Leo is an excellent actor and such actors should only get this big award when they play in a character movie. 'The Revenant' is annoyingly overrated. Only the cinematography and the photography were impeccable. Nothing else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 3, 2016 6:21 PM

[quote]DiCaprio gave a good performance ( he always does) but the character he played was not someone that could really exist in real life. A real person could have never survived if something like what happened to the protagonist had happened to them.

But it did happen. Hugh Glass was a real frontiersman and did get mauled by a bear.

by Anonymousreply 157February 3, 2016 6:33 PM

The only reason he'll get an Oscar is because the competition this year is the weakest in years. Logically, Fassbender should win but Steve Jobs flopped with a lot of noise at the box office. So he's out.

by Anonymousreply 158February 3, 2016 6:33 PM

Yes, R158. And he desperately wants an oscar. I think that played a role with the academy. People will disagree but I don't believe them.

by Anonymousreply 159February 3, 2016 6:40 PM

R158 exactly. Also, Leo and Damon are the only Best Actor nominees in film with Best Picture nominations, and this is usually crucial for a Best Actor win. Redmayne won last year. TRUMBO is a small film that didn't leave much of a dent, and Cranston's is its only nomination. THE REVENANT is the most-nominated film of the year, with 12 nods. All the odds are in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 160February 3, 2016 6:43 PM

R157, yes, but in the way it depicted in the movie, the wounds were lethal and yet DiCaprio manages not only to survive, but to also face a lot of other insurmountable difficulties. He kept on traumatizing himself after what happened to him with the bear (there is the scene in which in order to escape a tribe of Indians, he falls from a great height into a river and the river almost chokes him to death, the waterfall scene, do you remember it?) As if by magic, he is not only in position to walk after what happened to him with the bear, but he also keeps on walking after his fall to the river which carried him away in a waterfall. And not only that! In another scene, he manages to save an Indian young woman from the French and he manages to kill some of them and make the rest flee. Unbelievable shit like that keeps on happening during the whole movie. If you buy that fine, i just don't... I bet what happened to the man who really got through this ordeal, it didn't happen the way the movie wants us to believe it happened. Isn't it obvious actually? How people can be so naive? Meh.

by Anonymousreply 161February 3, 2016 6:52 PM

I would give it to Bryan Cranston.

If Leo came out of the closet, would they like him more, or would they hate him more? Fucking Hollywood thinks everyone should be in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 162February 3, 2016 6:57 PM

I thought Dustin Lance Black said it was agents abd managers who encouraged the closet and the studios actually wanted gay people to come out?

by Anonymousreply 163February 3, 2016 7:01 PM

There are many discrepancies in this movie version of what happened to Hugh Glass. Plus, this subject was dealt with in 1971's film MAN IN THE WILDERNESS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 3, 2016 7:05 PM

There is no studio that wants an A list leading man to come out. Would negatively affect box office in some parts of the world.

by Anonymousreply 165February 3, 2016 7:06 PM

Sure. You must know more than Black. You must work in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 166February 3, 2016 7:07 PM

Leo will win just like Streep and Moore won this decade - Oscar loves rewarding a body of work rather than for the immediate film before it.

by Anonymousreply 167February 3, 2016 7:19 PM

Leo is not in the same league as Streep.

by Anonymousreply 168February 3, 2016 7:21 PM

Of course not but he has been nominated many times - hence the overdue narrative

by Anonymousreply 169February 3, 2016 7:22 PM

Peter O'Toole has an incredible body of work and he's never won. It's all politics and Leo's a big star. He begged for an oscar and he got it.

by Anonymousreply 170February 3, 2016 7:27 PM

Streep gave O'Toole his honorary Oscar. They do try and make up for oversights, although Glenn or Pfeiffer may be left out in the cold

by Anonymousreply 171February 3, 2016 7:29 PM

Indeed, R170. Leo was always an Academy whore.

by Anonymousreply 172February 3, 2016 7:29 PM

He is. He's awful.

by Anonymousreply 173February 3, 2016 7:31 PM

r170 The body of work is rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 174February 3, 2016 7:34 PM

Leo's smuggery knows no bounds.

I don't generally like him as an actor, but I thought he was good in "Django Unchained".

by Anonymousreply 175February 3, 2016 8:00 PM

OK, Leo's campaigning harder for this than even for Wolf of Wall Street. For Wolf he lowered himself to going to meet n greets with elderly Academy members, kissing each and every ass and he still didn't win.

Now he's thrown his campaign into high gear: photo op with the Pope. He just announced he's going to produce a movie to save the planet. What's next? A photo op saving a puppy from a burning building?

He needs to get it all in before voting closes.

by Anonymousreply 176February 3, 2016 8:16 PM

Does the Academy give Oscars to people who are desperate for an Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 177February 3, 2016 8:39 PM

After surviving the bear and the waterfall, will Leo survive the Oscar ceremony and walk away without a scratch?

by Anonymousreply 178February 3, 2016 8:40 PM

R177, yes. Leo's the only other big name besides Damon. His name plus his begging equals win. It was a weak season too.

by Anonymousreply 179February 3, 2016 8:44 PM

Thanks. How does Leo beg them?

by Anonymousreply 180February 3, 2016 9:02 PM

Who's working the cameras at the Oscars this year?

I want that Lukas Haas close-up when he cries uncontrollably. His man is going to win.

Which one's going to the Governor's Ball: Lukas or Rihanna?

by Anonymousreply 181February 3, 2016 9:07 PM

I sm amazed people are shocked that he wants an Oscar. Every actor does. He's not begging for it. They want to give it to him.

by Anonymousreply 182February 3, 2016 9:16 PM

R180 well, he only does Oscar baity movies. Check out his filmography for the past 15 years: THE REVENANT, THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, THE GREAT GATSBY, DJANO UNCHAINED, J. EDGAR, INCEPTION, SHUTTER ISLAND, REVOLUTIONARY ROAD, BLOOD DIAMOND, THE DEPARTED, THE AVIATOR, GANGS OF NEW YORK, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN -- they were all made with the intention of winning Oscars.

It would be nice if Leo would do a comedy or something light for once. Hopefully, after he wins his REVENANT Oscar, he can relax a little and stop pursuing Oscar-bait projects.

by Anonymousreply 183February 3, 2016 9:24 PM

Whatever. It's his career not yours.

by Anonymousreply 184February 3, 2016 9:31 PM

Leo and his Oscar bait projects are OTT. He announced over the past few months he wanted to play the serial killer in Devil in the White City (provided Marty directs: even when Marty lays eggs, he always has the critics in his pocket), the Crowded Room - a notorious, old screenplay about a man with multiple personality disorder. And the latest, rumors that he'll play Lenin in a biopic.

Poor Leo, pure Oscar bait over the last decade makes for a dull boy.

by Anonymousreply 185February 3, 2016 9:57 PM

[quote] Leo and his Oscar bait projects are OTT.

Honestly 185, that claim can be made about any of the usual nominees, from Meryl, to Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Will Smith, Matt Damon, and all the others.

2015, in my opinion, was the biggest year for Oscar bait projects ever, so you can't just make that accusation against Leo.

by Anonymousreply 186February 3, 2016 10:01 PM

I always thought this accusation was a bit unfair, R183. In his position, what actor would refuse working with Scorsese, Iniarritu, Nolan, etc.

I like that he chooses quality projects.

According to the Oscar-bait-bashers, what should he do ? Squander his talent (no matter how big or small you think it is) and his clout doing inane romcoms and an 100th superhero movie ? That would prove he doesn't take himself seriously ?

Nah, I'm happy he is lending his fame and power to directors so they can achieve interesting movies.

by Anonymousreply 187February 3, 2016 10:06 PM

R186 Streep, Cooper, Smith, Lawrence, and Damon have done more than just Oscar-bait movies, whereas Leo's filmography is entirely Oscar-bait.

by Anonymousreply 188February 3, 2016 10:13 PM

Oscar bait movies means quality. I remember first season of Project Greenlight Shia LaBouf thought he would be nominated for Holes.

by Anonymousreply 189February 3, 2016 10:19 PM

Leo doesn't ever do little edgy indies which he might use to extend his range as an actor and also help to get them financed.

No, Leo only works if 1) he and his entourage get lavishly paid (Lukas must eat you know) 2) the director is considered 'prestige' which means even if the film isn't good, it will get automatic support from the suck-up critics and 3) he could potentially win an Oscar for it.

by Anonymousreply 190February 3, 2016 10:20 PM

With each passing year, Leo keeps looking more and more like Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 191February 3, 2016 10:51 PM

So gay to pick apart a winner

by Anonymousreply 192February 3, 2016 11:31 PM

He wants to be Jack Nicholson R191. He impersonates him in every film.

by Anonymousreply 193February 3, 2016 11:41 PM

Leo's enotourage are Kevin Connelly, Adrian Grenier, Jeremy Piven -- those douchebags. His fan base are "bros".

by Anonymousreply 194February 3, 2016 11:42 PM

Don't Oscarbait movies always turn out dull? I couldn't finish "The English Patient."

by Anonymousreply 195February 3, 2016 11:53 PM

The Reverend wasn't dull? Nicely shot but emotionally vampant?

by Anonymousreply 196February 3, 2016 11:59 PM

You all are having such strong negative opinions about a guy who doesn't know you're alive, and wouldn't care less of he did.

by Anonymousreply 197February 4, 2016 2:13 AM

R197

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 198February 4, 2016 2:54 AM

DiCaprio doesn't care that you're alive, r197. Not really proving your inane point, are you?

by Anonymousreply 199February 4, 2016 3:24 AM

This has to be one of the most absurd discussions I've ever seen on one of these threads. I can't stop laughing. You guys aren't serious, right? You're just fucking with each other, right??

Well, whatever. I'm entertained.

by Anonymousreply 200February 4, 2016 3:28 AM

r200= trying too hard to seem above it all. WATB.

by Anonymousreply 201February 4, 2016 3:35 AM

Leo is one of the last remaining crops of movie stars. Those with considerable charisma, talent, and box office powers left. And unlike smith and cruise he is can be considered a natural actor. Not to say that they aren't talented but they are virtually playing a version of themselves in every role.

by Anonymousreply 202February 4, 2016 3:36 AM

I agree. Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence are cartoon characters in comparison

by Anonymousreply 203February 4, 2016 5:38 AM

R199 But I don't care if Leo knows that I am alive. He means nothing to me, except the fact that I've enjoyed a couple of the movies he's been in.

But the vitriol in the majority of posters in this thread, strikes me as....sad.

To care so much about the career of an ACTOR. Whether or not he's gay. Whether or not he chooses his roles for "Oscar bait".

Rolling my eyes.

Your little low ceilinged lives are pitiful. But this has been macabre entertainment to watch yourselves get all worked up over Leo D.

And I'm not even R200. Evidently, there is another fan of watching you pathetic clowns embarrass yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 204February 4, 2016 7:23 AM

R189, 'Oscar bait movies means quality'?

Right... 'The Martian' is such a quality movie and 'The Revenant' is pure art...

by Anonymousreply 205February 4, 2016 9:18 AM

r204, you're just as worked up as everyone else on this thread. "Your little low ceilinged lives are pitiful," are not the words of someone who is detached. It's a lot of contempt for a subject you claim isn't worth scrutiny.

There was another thread where someone made the comment that attitude covers up a lot of insecurity.

Just thought I'd mention that.

by Anonymousreply 206February 4, 2016 9:52 AM

Leo is not gay, he can't be, Dustin Lance Black said there was no closet cases in Hollywood and there hasn't been a bearding showmance for the last 15 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207February 4, 2016 12:58 PM

R206 You keep telling yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 208February 4, 2016 3:13 PM

I'm watching The Aviator and DiCaprio looks like a high schooler playing Howard Hughes. He looks and sounds like a perpetual teenager.

by Anonymousreply 209February 4, 2016 6:38 PM

R209 he always sounds like a kid playing dressup. It was also very evident in REVOLUTIONARY ROAD. Those fights with Winslet sounded like a teenager arguing with this mother, and he couldn't pull off the suit/jacket/hat look.

by Anonymousreply 210February 4, 2016 6:43 PM

Dustin Lance Black is a gay rights advocate, why would he lie and try about closeting in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 211February 4, 2016 6:47 PM

Is Lance excluding Tammy and Bradley? Bullock and Lupita? Cause all 4 are on the bearding or hiding train.

by Anonymousreply 212February 4, 2016 6:56 PM

And you know this how, R212? By reading some gossip site on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 213February 4, 2016 7:02 PM

Um, yeah. Here.

by Anonymousreply 214February 4, 2016 7:11 PM

You're right R210. He's not a mature sounding or looking man. He was nicely cast in The Departed, he was playing a "kid" basically.

by Anonymousreply 215February 4, 2016 7:18 PM

The posters on DL are not noted for their accuracy. More like wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 216February 4, 2016 7:18 PM

Well, I can vouch for those 4 as closeted. Same with LEO.

by Anonymousreply 217February 4, 2016 7:27 PM

Do you know those four in their personal lives R217? Are you friends with Leo?

Or do you just know their pictures?

by Anonymousreply 218February 4, 2016 7:30 PM

Yes, I know all of them.

by Anonymousreply 219February 4, 2016 7:37 PM

DiCaprio can play an adult child still living at home or an adult intern. He fits thise roles.

by Anonymousreply 220February 4, 2016 7:37 PM

Leo was awful in the Aviator like in Blood Diamond. He can't do accents to save his life.

by Anonymousreply 221February 4, 2016 8:06 PM

I've noticed when I meet people who went to college, they have a certain emotional level. People who only went to high school have another. High school dropouts have the emotional maturity of high school dropouts. It's like they stopped maturing the minute they were no longer forced into the company of their peers. Di Caprio's like that and he's a high school dropout so he relates to everything on the level of a 15 year old which explains why he doesn't mature as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 222February 4, 2016 8:14 PM

R222 you are so shallow. Please, hush. You are really frustrating. There are famous people who are school dropouts and they are very educated and some of them even are more educated than some people who went to University. I know people who went to University and who haven't read a single book except for their 'studies'. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 223February 4, 2016 8:18 PM

Which men has Leo had sex with?

by Anonymousreply 224February 4, 2016 8:19 PM

*are even more educated than...

by Anonymousreply 225February 4, 2016 8:20 PM

R109 is a FRAU.

by Anonymousreply 226February 4, 2016 8:46 PM

But R190, if Leo went and did a little, quirky indie film, wouldn't he bring HUUUGE attention to it just because of who he is, by default ?

And no matter how it started, no matter the respect and integrity he pays to the script and the author's vision, it would end up in a mediatic circus, people would still accuse him of OscarBaiting shamelessly by choosing a little quirky indie film.

Whatever he does, some people will always doubt his sincerity, will always say he tarnishes the purity of the art and makes it Hollywoodian just because of how famous he is.

After all, would the movie The Revenant be considered Mainstream if a famous actor wasn't the lead ?

He can't win on that level, but he gets to win choosing his directors and projects.

by Anonymousreply 227February 4, 2016 9:55 PM

Leo did an indie film called Don's Plum. No wonder he didn't do another.

by Anonymousreply 228February 4, 2016 10:28 PM

None of the models got pregnant because they were too skinny to ovulate in the first place. Primo!

by Anonymousreply 229February 5, 2016 4:28 AM

R229 but a couple of them seem to have got pregnant with their partners after Leo.

by Anonymousreply 230February 5, 2016 4:37 AM

Test tube babies, honey! Worked for me!

by Anonymousreply 231February 5, 2016 4:55 AM

Here he is the hubby on the left. They broke up during The Revenant but apparently got back together when the film premiered. They have been together since Lukas was 15 and Leonardo was 17. LD is 41, LH will be 40 in April.

My bad. I thought everyone knew this. I guess not.

Note: Everyone is this picture is gay as pheasant feathers except Tobey. And he's suspect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 5, 2016 5:44 AM

Don't forget to add George Clooney to the gay pile. Leo and Lukas forever.

by Anonymousreply 233February 5, 2016 6:06 AM

If he wins, will he stop making movies where his character inevitably cries like a baby at some point?

by Anonymousreply 234February 5, 2016 6:33 AM

I think the whole Leo and Lukas being long term lovers is a myth that has long been dismissed. There was also a myth Leo married Toby and Toby's mom had confirmed this, of course it was nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 235February 5, 2016 12:17 PM

R235=Irmelin.

I think it's adorable that you're defending your son sweetie!

But until I hear from Emily Tracy (Haas' mom), I'm gonna have to go with NOT a myth.

A swing and a miss I'm afraid. P.S. NO ONE believed to Leo and Tobey story. Nice distraction though.

by Anonymousreply 236February 5, 2016 12:45 PM

His face is too fat.

by Anonymousreply 237February 5, 2016 12:56 PM

R237, all this shooting for 'The Revenant' among the snow made Leo eat like a big fat bear. That and the consumption of much booze.

by Anonymousreply 238February 5, 2016 1:02 PM

Leo should win an Oscar for this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 6, 2016 12:51 AM

I'm stoned and just spent 15 minutes looking at his mom on Google images. She seems like a maniac.

by Anonymousreply 240February 6, 2016 2:33 AM

I always thought that he reminded me of a Chucky doll. Teeny tiny features on a too big face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 6, 2016 2:39 AM

There's an interview Leo's given to People. A sure sign of his desperation. There's a photo of him as a toddler with his parents. Both parents are ugly as shit. He looks absolutely nothing like his father. His mother has very hairy armpits. In the article it claims her family "fled Nazi Germany". Oh yeah? The woman's only in her 60s so she was born after the war. Give me a break. Now he's courting Jewish votes trying to look like she wasn't from a family of Nazis. I bet she was.

by Anonymousreply 242February 6, 2016 3:11 AM

Leo's mother's family did not "flee Nazi Germany," that article is bullshit. Leo's mother was raised in Germany and didn't come to the US until she was an adult, and his maternal grandparents lived in Germany until they both died.

by Anonymousreply 243February 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Damon -- who clearly knows he won't and shouldn't win the Oscar and that it will probably be Leo -- kidded him at some recent event by saying how they finished filming in time to have dinner everyday -- and adding "and Leo -we were not cold at all".

by Anonymousreply 244February 9, 2016 1:03 PM

I think Damon was making fun of all Leo's claims how he suffered during filming. Gimme an Oscar! All his BS about sleeping in a dead horse, etc., a producer said he may have lay down in a fake dead horse for 15 min. max.

by Anonymousreply 245February 9, 2016 4:18 PM

They broke up during the Revenant? Seriously? Where is that gossip from?

However Lukas did move out in 2010 with lots of drama or so they say. He's long back.

PS: It would be somewhat funny to see Leo lose the Oscar, but Damon winning would be a travesty, so let Leo have it.

by Anonymousreply 246February 10, 2016 8:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 16, 2016 5:49 PM

He should have won for wolf of wall street, not this revenant shitfest. his acting is just a collection of grunts there. the movie is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 248February 16, 2016 5:52 PM

His performance in Wall Street was nothing but screaming.

by Anonymousreply 249February 16, 2016 7:02 PM

He should have won for "The Champ" with Jon Voight. He cried really good in that one :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250February 17, 2016 12:36 PM

I saw a film Leo produced--Cowspiracy, great message re: animal food production and gloval warming. It points out how most of the major environmental charities are radio silent on the correlation between food animal production and the decimation of our natural resources. I hope Leo gives a mention when he wins the award! Much respect to you, Leo!!

by Anonymousreply 251February 17, 2016 12:46 PM

I love that Leo does social activism, but I'm disappointed that's he's going to win the Academy Award. He's not an Academy Award winning actor. He's just a sign of the times: mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 252February 17, 2016 1:21 PM

He better get it. Leonardo has been campaigning like he is running for president. I'm surprised he hasn't done any photo ops kissing cute babies.

His desperation for the Oscar is hilarious

by Anonymousreply 253February 20, 2016 9:35 PM

R236

Take it easy on, Mama DiCaprio.

She's kind of frickin awesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 20, 2016 9:42 PM

If anyone is wondering why and how Leonardo has managed to launch his most effective Oscar propaganda initiative this time around. Two words Arnon Milchan. An Israeli multi billionaire owner of New Regency films - AKA Leonardo's Hollywood sugar daddy. In October 2015, after the early critic screenings of The Revenant, sources said back then, that no expense will be spared to ensure Leonardo gets the golden statue.

If Leo getting the grand prize now seems like a given, then he can mostly definitely thank Mr Michan.

by Anonymousreply 255February 20, 2016 9:54 PM

I hope he doesn't win. I hope it turns into a Susan Lucci thing and he gets more nominations than Peter O'Toole and Richard Burton combined--but never wins. Wouldn't that be deliciously wicked?

by Anonymousreply 256February 20, 2016 10:09 PM

It's a shame you boys can't accept the fact that Leo is straight. There must be a name for the mental illness you all seem to share.

by Anonymousreply 257February 20, 2016 10:13 PM

Delicate Princess Leo asks Oscar strategist, 'When will it be my turn'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 20, 2016 10:16 PM

I agree R257.

I think Leo is straight too. Just as John Travolta and Tom Cruise are straight.

by Anonymousreply 259February 20, 2016 10:18 PM

You unbelieving heffas who said Leonardo and Lukas had broken up. Well, when DiCaprio was in London for the Baftas, Lukas was there too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 20, 2016 10:22 PM

It's your weekend, Leo.

Congrats bro. You deserve it!

by Anonymousreply 261February 26, 2016 1:40 AM

Leo will join the ranks of a very distinguished group of actors.

I don't know why everyone is hating on him right now.

by Anonymousreply 262February 26, 2016 12:49 PM

Because he doesn't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 263February 26, 2016 2:22 PM

You really should use the first name with "Moore," r128. I had to look up which Moore you were talking about -- the only ones I could think of were Dudley and Demi.

by Anonymousreply 264February 26, 2016 2:43 PM

I hope he doesn't win.

by Anonymousreply 265February 26, 2016 2:44 PM

Lukas Haas was in "The Revenant"? Really?

by Anonymousreply 266February 26, 2016 3:05 PM

Basically, Alejandro wrote him a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 267February 26, 2016 3:12 PM

Will he bring Lukas as his date?

The Lainey story was good. I'm wondering if all his campaigning might backfire. For Wolf of Wall Street, he went all out. Even did meet & greets with aged Academy members and kissed each and every ass. And then he got nothing. Paramount spent a fortune trying to buy him an Oscar for that. They plastered LA with giant posters from which had been removed McBongo's name (and he was 3rd billed in Wolf).

by Anonymousreply 268February 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Will he fully let go after winning the oscar and gain an additional 100 lbs around his jaw?

by Anonymousreply 269February 26, 2016 3:51 PM

There was no "cameo" written for Haas. He played the tertiary character of one of the 3 survivors who didn't stay back with Glass and weren't the commander. Someone would have been cast for that even without Leo having any suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 270February 26, 2016 4:28 PM

If Lukas scrubbed up a bit more, he has the acting chops to land a few parts on his own. He is a very sweet guy too.

by Anonymousreply 271February 26, 2016 4:43 PM

I saw the movie and didn't even know Lukas Haas was in it.

by Anonymousreply 272February 26, 2016 4:53 PM

He was inside the bear suit ^

by Anonymousreply 273February 26, 2016 5:31 PM

Once he wins the Oscar, he will put his husband in almost every movie from now on. Expect to hear a lot about Lukas for several years. Believe it.

by Anonymousreply 274February 26, 2016 6:49 PM

Omg, Lukas and Leo are such a hot couple. Almost as good as Cristiano and Badr.

I wish that they would drop little clues and "easter eggs" about their relationship, the way that Cris and Badr do. That would be awesome.

I think the fact that Leo and Lukas have been together for so long, is very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 275February 26, 2016 7:20 PM

They're not a couple. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 276February 26, 2016 7:59 PM

R276 = Cheryl.

"Leo's straight, and I'm the dame to prove it!"

Pffft. Sorry, miss frau, but they're a couple.

by Anonymousreply 277February 26, 2016 8:01 PM

As sweet as it sounds about their longevity as a couple, I would be very surprised if they were monogamous and didn't have long periods where they were on the outs--considering the long distance movie shoots and the wild party scene around Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 278February 26, 2016 10:02 PM

Oh, they are definitely whores, darling. It still might be true love.

by Anonymousreply 279February 26, 2016 10:41 PM

This is what I want to see on the red carpet on Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280February 26, 2016 11:25 PM

Leo and Lukas go back a loooonngg way....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281February 26, 2016 11:26 PM

Very handsome couple...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282February 26, 2016 11:27 PM

They look like a happy old married couple here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283February 26, 2016 11:30 PM

So cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 26, 2016 11:31 PM

Someone has waaaaayyyyyyyy too much time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 285February 26, 2016 11:33 PM

Shopping in SOHO together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286February 26, 2016 11:39 PM

Couple selfie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 26, 2016 11:39 PM

Oral fixations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288February 26, 2016 11:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 26, 2016 11:42 PM

Howcome no one ever mentions Leo and Toby?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290February 27, 2016 12:09 AM

Tobey manhandling Leo on the beach!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 27, 2016 12:10 AM

They left out one option in the photo caption.... LOVERS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292February 27, 2016 1:05 AM

Just think: Leonardo winning the Oscar and their 25th anniversary in the same year!

They are so precious, I could burst!

PLEASE come out on national TV! Pretty please!

by Anonymousreply 293February 27, 2016 11:57 AM

How did you get 25 years, R293?

Have they really known each other for that long?

by Anonymousreply 294February 27, 2016 1:56 PM

They have known each other for longer, being LA based kid actors, but someone here claimed "everyone knows" they have been together since they were 17/15, so that's probably r293's source.

by Anonymousreply 295February 27, 2016 2:54 PM

wasn't there a picture circulating that had leo, tobey and others, sitting around naked and stroking?

by Anonymousreply 296February 28, 2016 3:10 PM

Leo's "latest lady friend":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 28, 2016 6:21 PM

Straight after all!

by Anonymousreply 298February 28, 2016 9:43 PM

Lady friend??

So i guess that means Lukas will be watching the show from home.

Bummer. I wanted to see leo give Lukas a big kiss before accepting the oscar.

by Anonymousreply 299February 28, 2016 10:43 PM

Get ready, bitches!

Its almost here.

by Anonymousreply 300February 29, 2016 2:23 AM

Has he won yet?

by Anonymousreply 301February 29, 2016 2:27 AM

Inniaritu just won!!

Leo's next.

by Anonymousreply 302February 29, 2016 3:40 AM

TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Suck it, haters!

Say it over and over...

Academy Award Winner, Leonardo DiCaprio.

HA!!

by Anonymousreply 303February 29, 2016 3:58 AM

Oh no! Leo will be lambasted on Fox tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 304February 29, 2016 3:59 AM

Congrats Leo!

by Anonymousreply 305February 29, 2016 4:10 AM

I think Leo deserved to win and he gave a great speech.

by Anonymousreply 306February 29, 2016 4:18 AM

"My friends, you know who you are".

by Anonymousreply 307February 29, 2016 4:23 AM

R299 you silly goose!

LH was there, just not on camera.

They are closeted or are you that daft.

Listen to Leo's speech again. You know who are is a veiled reference. We know who he's talking about.

Remember Kevin Spacey's manager is his lady friend. I have a lot of lady friends. Like DiCaprio, I'm NOT sleeping with any other them.

by Anonymousreply 308February 29, 2016 7:31 AM

His mother was kinda sweet at 2:59

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 29, 2016 8:47 AM

Tom Hardy was ugly that night.

by Anonymousreply 310February 29, 2016 10:45 AM

Where was Lukas? Any photos of him at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 311February 29, 2016 12:47 PM

Lukas was one of the seat fillers and we couldn't find him.

by Anonymousreply 312February 29, 2016 12:55 PM

If Lukas really was at the Oscars, that would really suck for him that he would be a "seat filler," while his long-term partner was receiving an Academy Award. That's just low.

It sucks being in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 313February 29, 2016 1:24 PM

If Lukas is indeed Leo's Significant Other, I am sure Leo finds ways to make it up to him when he feels forced to leave him at home for these big occasions.

by Anonymousreply 314February 29, 2016 4:26 PM

He got a nice ovation, and seemed a little moved at the beginning, but maybe because he was expecting it, it did not seem like a big emotional moment. On paper the speech was not bad, but on viewing it seemed a little flat.

Of course it is hard to beat this moment.... the Leo DiCaprio of the daytime emmys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 29, 2016 4:30 PM

Of the acting winners, Brie Carson and Mark Skylance came off the best. Leo and Alissa Vicandra came off as stilted

by Anonymousreply 316February 29, 2016 5:36 PM

I'm glad Leo finally won an Oscar. He actually should have won for "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" back in 1993, so he was long over due!! However, it's fairly plain that Leo is 100% GAY at this point. One, his long term partner is clearly Lukas Haas. Two, his ruses with these young models are getting more and more pathetic. Three, a MAJOR clue he's not sleeping with these women is the fact that NOT ONE in all these years has gotten pregnant. Men hate condoms and so many of these models have been nobodies. They would have been SET FOR LIFE had they gotten pregnant. But Leo has a "fool proof" way to see that doesn't happen. Also, as someone else pointed out, Gisele Bundchen let the cat out of the bag that she already HAD a boyfriend back in Brazil while she was "dating" Leo. Does anyone not find this strange?! It's another MAJOR clue they weren't actually intimate and she was a beard. And finally, he drags his mother EVERYWHERE! Naturally she was his "date" last night, to no one's surprise!! The only surprising thing, is that ANYONE could be stupid enough to believe he's straight when you look at ALL these factors!!

Also, I could care less that he is. Like everyone has stated, he's TOTALLY lost his looks. I just know a closet homo when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 317February 29, 2016 5:55 PM

r317, you sound like a homophobe from the bible belt. I laugh at those who think children are a must for straight men. Many of the most notorious pussy hounds never procreated. Eddie has a a small army of children--yet doesn't DL still insist he is gay. Leo has too much integrity to beard.

by Anonymousreply 318February 29, 2016 6:30 PM

I may be wrong but all of the acting winners, except Leo, are NOT going on to become movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 319February 29, 2016 6:42 PM

Leo went to the Vanity Fair party with his mom and Tobey Maguire. I don't believe that Lukas Haas was invited

by Anonymousreply 320February 29, 2016 7:26 PM

I'm very happy he won. Liked his speech (didn't need the part about global warming, but, oh well.)

Hope he celebrated hard with his secret friends (they know who they are).

But ... what happened to his lips ? He used to have these luscious lips. Now, they looked pinched, thinned with tension. AT first, I thought it was because he was nervous, but now, it looks like he has been sick, had a minor stroke or something. I hop e it isn't so.

Anybody knows ?

by Anonymousreply 321February 29, 2016 7:51 PM

[quote]Liked his speech (didn't need the part about global warming, but, oh well.)

I did not mind him bringing it up, but I think mention at the end would have been good , the minute seemed to be a little long and awkward for the time and place.

by Anonymousreply 322February 29, 2016 8:01 PM

He seemed to have clenched I have been on Ativan for hours lips

by Anonymousreply 323February 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Oh ? It does that ? Not permanent, then ?

by Anonymousreply 324February 29, 2016 8:12 PM

I saw Tobey and his "connected" wife in the audience of the award show.

by Anonymousreply 325February 29, 2016 8:17 PM

R318, what kind of crack are you smoking? Leo has "too much integrity to breed?" And you're worrying about R317 being a homophobe? They're just stating the obvious. But you sound like a pathetic fangurl who won't face reality about Leo.

by Anonymousreply 326February 29, 2016 8:20 PM

[quote] And finally, he drags his mother EVERYWHERE! Naturally she was his "date" last night, to no one's surprise!!

I wouldn't read too much into that. Taking your mother to the Oscars seems to be a thing now. I guess if you're not seeing anyone at the time, you might as well take a close family member to enjoy the experience with.

Chris Evans took his sister! I think it's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 29, 2016 11:15 PM

He actually said "and my friends - I love you - you know who you are". Makes it a little sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 328February 29, 2016 11:46 PM

r326, too much integrity to BEARD, not breed. Read slowly, and pipe down Mary.

by Anonymousreply 329February 29, 2016 11:50 PM

Regardless R329, I don't agree. He's been bearding for many, MANY years!

by Anonymousreply 330March 1, 2016 2:03 AM

R318.... oh dear. Sleep with nobodies, wake up with baby mamas.

-Signed: Ryan Philippe, Hugh Grant, Matthew McConaghey, Jude Law, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, ad finitum

by Anonymousreply 331March 1, 2016 2:14 AM

Wooooow! Me too!

by Anonymousreply 332March 1, 2016 2:16 AM

R328, is this an attempt at humor or were we watching a different award show?

by Anonymousreply 333March 1, 2016 9:26 AM

No, that's what he said. WTF? Do I have to find the clip now? I don't think I'd have a reason to imagine that. He talked fast but clear.

by Anonymousreply 334March 1, 2016 12:47 PM

r333 r334 Here's a transcript of the speech. None of the versions on the different sites differ

He says

"And to my friends, I love you dearly; you know who you are."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 1, 2016 12:56 PM

He's a hypocrite, just like all actors and politicians. Bitches about global warming but goes everywhere in a carbon-spewing private jet. They all want to change the world as long as it doesn't involve changing their own lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 336March 1, 2016 2:22 PM

R336 don't forget the yachts he leases to take The Boys joyriding!!

by Anonymousreply 337March 1, 2016 6:16 PM

He doesn't walk the talk, no. But, do people care?

by Anonymousreply 338March 1, 2016 6:27 PM

Di Caprio gives money away for environmental causes. Which isn't all that noble, because he takes it off his taxes. When does he ever invest time and effort in any of the causes he claims to support? He's all talk, no action. He's too busy with his little friends.

by Anonymousreply 339March 3, 2016 12:54 AM

Who cares?! His speech was great, a bit self-indulgent but not unBEARable. He's an actor, what do you expect? Now what I'm waiting for is now paparazzi photos of him and Lukas.

by Anonymousreply 340March 4, 2016 2:57 AM

A BIT self-indulgent?

by Anonymousreply 341March 4, 2016 3:28 AM

Leo looks genuinely happy, and appears to be fan girling at the sight of Uncle Tom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342March 5, 2016 9:13 PM

R321 Would long term substance abuse do strange shit to his lips. I didn't see the awards, but I saw a few comments on another site mention his speech pattern was weird

by Anonymousreply 343March 5, 2016 9:17 PM

Laughable you would think Leonardo has even an ounce of credibility R318.

by Anonymousreply 344March 5, 2016 9:21 PM

If Leo refuses to come out, he should do gay roles at least. Now he has the oscar he can relax

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 5, 2016 9:28 PM

There were so many better performances than Leo's this year. Tom Hanks for one was better in Bridge of Spies and little kids Jacob Tremblay and Abraham Attah wiped the floor with him. Unbelievable none of them were nominated and Matt Damon and Bryan Cranston were? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 346March 5, 2016 9:37 PM

The Oscars are now known mostly for their utter predictability.

by Anonymousreply 347March 5, 2016 9:42 PM

R346 is Tom Hanks. Bitch you're the most overrated actor in recent memory...

by Anonymousreply 348March 5, 2016 9:56 PM

For the 'they make a handsome couple' troll(s), please just give it a fucking rest already. Lukas is positively hideous and looks like a spanish lemur. Even Leo, fat as he is now, can do better than [italic]that[/italic]. Why he's with Haas (for 15+ yrs, supposedly) is truly beyond me. Those of you that think they make a 'cute couple' are obviously slash fangurls, creaming yourselves when any two men - attractiveness be damned - so much as smile at each other.

For fucks sake, even [italic]Jonah Hill[/italic] would be a more understandable choice in partner than Lukas Haas.

by Anonymousreply 349March 6, 2016 12:36 AM

R349 you are cruel. I'm sure Lukas has a wonderful personality! And a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 350March 6, 2016 1:37 AM

For fucks sake, even Jonah Hill would be a more understandable choice in partner than Lukas Haas.

by Anonymousreply 351March 6, 2016 2:12 AM

Get this rude asshole outahere. Even I had more men than this Leo has models and I wasn't considered gorgeous either, ya know?

by Anonymousreply 352March 6, 2016 3:01 AM

Barbra is gorgeous for all gay men. She's not a babe, sex is not written on her forehead, but she's classy.

by Anonymousreply 353March 6, 2016 11:29 AM

Lukas is a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 354March 6, 2016 11:30 AM

r349 sounds like a delightful and sensible person. Lukas Haas has always been the cutest in the pack to me.

by Anonymousreply 355March 6, 2016 11:30 AM

R355, For me too! His face has a gentleness to it, it's disarming.

by Anonymousreply 356March 6, 2016 11:33 AM

Leo celebrated his victory with a hard fuck with Lukaas.

by Anonymousreply 357June 30, 2016 3:36 PM

r49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 30, 2016 3:43 PM

r349

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 30, 2016 3:43 PM

r349

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 30, 2016 3:45 PM

r349

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 30, 2016 3:46 PM

Is Leo good in bed?

by Anonymousreply 362June 26, 2021 5:31 AM

When is he going to do a role that pushes the envelope?

by Anonymousreply 363August 30, 2021 1:38 AM

Oh fuck the bump restriction was removed and Defucturd is at it again like it never even happened.

by Anonymousreply 364August 30, 2021 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!