Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The 100

Kind of amazed at what a good show this is. Smart sci-fi, big themes, decent acting, some hot guys. And on the damn CW network. How the hell did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2018 8:54 PM

Agreed OP. Season3 just started. I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2016 5:54 AM

Most of the posters at DL are quite elderly so this show wont appeal to them OP and this thread will die with less than 5 replies in it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2016 7:57 AM

Eh maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2016 5:04 AM

Hands down one of the best shows on television, period.

The way they handle sexuality is also admirable.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2016 5:27 AM

Agreed. There needs to be some male on male action though. So many hot guys on that show.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2016 5:49 AM

R2, I'm an "elder" and I watch The 100. Before the show started, a friend kept telling me I had to watch because this one looked like it was going to be good. Neither of us got hooked right off the bat because there were things we didn't like at first, but the showrunner seems to be listening to viewers and has worked at changing those elements.

It's a good show that keeps getting better.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2016 7:33 AM

And now there's a gay male character too, so yay for that. I just hope they will treat him like they do the lesbians, and that he actually gets a boyfriend who he gets to kiss and have sex with. If he doesn't I'll be the first one to point out the hypocrisy considering the lesbians get to kiss all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2016 7:42 AM

I watched the pilot and if I remember correctly the second episode as well. I wasn't pulled in at all. It looked like a lame teen version of Lord of the Flies. Last year a close to middle-aged male reviewer at IGN said it's a great show and is getting better all the time. After that I watched the latest episode where some girl was trying to escape from an underground colony. I noticed I still didn't care what's happening. Maybe I'll try again at some point.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2016 7:51 AM

The middle aged male reviewer probably likes the show because ya know.. lesbians. If everything else fail, add lesbians. You know the male viewers will be drawn to a show with lesbians. Case in point my straight older brother's favorite tv show is OITNB.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2016 8:31 AM

R9, well I brought up the reviewer's background just to say he's a professional, a male and not a teen. I doubt just seeing a few lesbians would make him like the show but I guess it's possible. Personally the cast didn't click with me but if there'd been some super hunk he might've convinced me to watch the show some more.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2016 8:40 AM

R6 is correct. The show has gotten better and better as it's gone along. It doesn't even resemble the CW Factory show it was when it began. Which is pretty remarkable actually. And who's the gay male character? I must have missed that.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2016 3:17 PM

I've seen parts of the first season and wasn't impressed. It did need to get less juvenile, and noticeably bad monster makeup/costumes too I thought. It looked like, hey teens don't give a shit, we can make it as cheesy as possible and they won't care. But it is immensely popular, and the reviews are pretty good I think. So I'll sample again starting with season 2.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2016 5:15 PM

Well, of course the female lead is allowed to have lesbian affairs on screen, but boy, the world would end if a male lead would fool around with guys, because that's considered icky.

Is the black guy from last season who reunited with his dad the gay guy? There was some mention that the station the group was locating featured one's boyfriend.

What s the point to call the show The 100 though since I doubt a lot of them are even alive anymore. That show has a higher death count than Cabot Cove from Murder, She Wrote'.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2016 11:42 PM

"Monster makeup" R12? Are you watching a different show? There aren't any monsters. What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2016 8:23 AM

It's quite diverse. When they were riding in the rover and singing, I realized all the actors were different ethnicities. Miller's black, Raven's half Mexican, Monty's Korean, Bellamy's half Filipino and Jasper's white. Never thought I'd see that on network tv.

I didn't expect that the first season when it seemed like just another pretty white teen melodrama centered around a blonde girl finding love in a post nuclear earth.

Who knew she'd end up killing her male romantic lead, become casually bisexual, get kidnapped inside a mountain and kill a bunch of women and children.

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2016 11:59 AM

That guy that plays Bellamy is hot as fuck. Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2016 7:13 PM

R11 the gay male character is Miller. He has been a recurrent character but hasn't had any of his own storylines yet. It is not surprising you missed it because it was brought up so casually (that's what I think is most amazing, not just that there are gay/bi characters but the fact that no one so much as blinks when it is alluded to. The writers seem to be intentionally driving home the point that it's a non-issue in the future.) Miller was one of the guards in the rover in the first ep of season 3. They have heard that there may be Farm Station survivors in hostile territory, and Bellamy says they have to get there and find out somehow because Monty's parents and Miller's boyfriend were from Farm Station. We haven't met him yet, so far as I know. Hopefully he is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2016 4:05 AM

I want Bellamy and Murphy to spit roast me. The guy that plays Murphy is somehow ugly and hot at the same time. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Spoiler alert for ep 4 (it's already been on, deal with it) : first sighting of Miller's boyfriend. He lives! He's pretty cute! Miller is comforting him at a memorial service.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2016 5:49 AM

So, that was it for the Ice Queen? She shows up for just one episode (and in the last scene of the previous episode) and she's done? I thought she'd be the big bad of this season.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2016 5:50 PM

Bellamy should always be shirtless. Always.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2016 7:37 PM

This is a terrible show. I watched because of all the posts, but everything about it is bad, and I'm only on episode 1. Two thumbs way, way down.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2016 9:03 PM

It starts off slow R22, and initially seems like typical teen drama fare. It's a far cry from that by second season. It's almost like they put one over on the CW: make a typical boring teen show until the network stops paying attention, then take it a completely different direction. By the time the network wakes up, it's gained momentum and they would look bad to clamp down on it. All that being said, I can understand not being up for slogging through the first part of season one just because people say it gets good later. I suggest skipping ahead several episodes, then if you like it, you can go back and fill in the missing backstory.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2016 4:56 AM

What I like, oddly enough, is that there are not any likable characters really.Or at least they change from somewhat likable to non keeps it interesting for me.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2016 5:05 AM

Ugh. Another day, another massacre and this time Pike and his buttboy Bellamy killed hundreds of grounders who were supposed to protect them from the Ice Queen's army. And now Lexa is supposed to forgive and forget that to end the vicious cycle? I hope Pike's head ends up on a pike and I don't care for Bellamy anymore. He's just a frightened little emo douche,

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2016 7:04 PM

[quote]What s the point to call the show The 100 though since I doubt a lot of them are even alive anymore.

Are you suggesting they change the title each week according to how many of them are still alive? That could be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2016 7:09 PM

The 100 started it all.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2016 7:13 PM

Does the resident gay Nathan Miller have a boyfriend yet? I guess not.. while the lesbians of course get to make out and have sex every episode. The hypocrisy is real... as usual.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2016 7:45 PM

R28, are you being sarcastic? Miller has a boyfriend. There's been one lesbian kiss and one lesbian sex scene. There are admittedly more lesbian scenes than gay male scenes but it's not every episode.

The show did get much better in the 2nd season.

I like that the show doesn't shy away from people having to make terrible decisions and the consequences of those decisions.

SPOILER The fact that the Ice Queen died in one episode after all the hype around her is what I like. They didn't keep her alive just because that's what we expected. Finn doesn't get spared from execution. The kids on the ground don't miraculously send a signal in time to save the lives of the 300 volunteers on the space station.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2016 8:05 PM

Now watch the resident gay character never get to kiss his boyfriend, let alone have sex with him, like the lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2016 8:08 PM

LOOOOOOOL. I love the fact that I WAS RIGHT. TOLD YA!!!! He didn't get to kiss his boyfriend, just as I expected. A hug is all they allowed, despite the fact that he thought his boyfriend was dead. Had these two characters been female you know damn well they would have been seen making out.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2016 3:55 PM

Miller and Bryan did get to kiss though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2016 12:08 AM

[bold]The 100 star calls his character's season 5 romance "the most authentic thing" he's ever done[/bold]

[quote]Miller and Jackson fans rejoiced in the latest episode of The 100, as the pair kissed. But what's next for them?

[quote]Jarod Joseph, who plays Nathan Miller on the CW drama, hinted that fans of the show will see a softer side to his character as they see more of 'Mackson' – and suggested that his close friendship with Sachin Sahel (who portrays Eric Jackson) plays a key part in making the scenes between them feel "authentic".

Anyone watch this show still? Couldn't find a more recent thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2018 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!