Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy Schumer called out for stealing jokes from fellow comediennes.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2021 8:19 PM

Lovely. She's every bit the pig the resembles!

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2016 10:08 PM

I haven't seen her tv show or her movies but I hate her anyway. If I saw her perform would I hate her even more? If so, I'll watch her.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2016 10:16 PM

I can't get over how fuck in ugly she is...like fat housewife ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2016 10:19 PM

Someone on another thread likened her to a cabbage patch doll. It's the perfect description of this creature, except a cabbage patch doll is funny.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2016 10:25 PM

fuck in ugly. she so fug you to fuck it in?

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2016 10:26 PM

i like her show. I like fug frau comedians.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2016 10:27 PM

Haven't all comics pretty much stole from other comics since the beginning of time?

Not to defend her, specifically. I really don't care about her, pro or con.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2016 10:32 PM

Sounds like she made those jokes shorter, direct, and better

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2016 10:33 PM

The joke they quote sounds like Phyllis Diller..

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2016 10:36 PM

I think she is hilarious. I haven't seen a ton of her stuff (never seen the TV Show) but I always laugh when I see a clip of her stand up.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2016 10:38 PM

Plagiarism is the sincerest form of plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2016 10:58 PM

Natasha Leggero is a much better comedienne.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2016 11:04 PM

why would she steal such lame jokes? i'm guessing both she and those other ladies comedians like trite, done-to-death "observations"

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2016 11:21 PM

r6 Me too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2016 11:50 PM

If everyone loathes this woman, how does she have a career?

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2016 11:10 AM

I like her. And she's not ugly. Just a big porcine. She's actually pleasant to look at. Better than Louis C K, right?

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2016 12:12 PM

She's popular because she fills a void. Entertainment journalists are lazy. She gets more likes/clicks than any of the other comediennes mentioned on this thread and that's what counts. Not talent.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2016 12:29 PM

And she's fat.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2016 12:31 PM

I wondered about that food-slapping joke. Saw someone mention the commercial Schumer did the other day, and I thought immediately of Madigan's joke about Oprah.

And the thing is, for years and years people didn't notice if writers, musicians, critics and comedians stole from women. As long as they didn't plagiarize guys, it was all good. I've seen it myself. But ever since that woman who went by the name Lianne Spiderbaby (she dated Tarantino for a while) was caught plagiarizing from other writers a couple years ago, mostly female writers, I've noticed that you can't steal from women as easily as you used to be able to.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2016 12:36 PM

Oh, and the poster for Trainwreck was stolen from an It's Always Sunny promotional picture, just without the tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2016 12:38 PM

Kind of a bummer, but the food slapping joke is a BIIIG stretch to suggest that Amy stole anything there. It's not like that joke was so brilliant in its purported original form that everyone would have heard it. I can quite imagine Amy & her team at Comedy Central coming up with that slap sketch all on their own. The Wendy Liebman joke does feel a little more plausible. Speaking of which, I haven't thought of Wendy Liebman in years. I LOVED her standup. Yeah, she had a formula and stuck to it, but what a great formula, delivered with such a perfectly droll manner. Shame she never became bigger.

Was about to submit my post, but decided to quickly look up Wendy Liebman on YT. Found some very funny old stand up - but also saw that she was a semi finalist on American's Got Talent in 2014. That's kind of depressing. Ah, well. Hopefully she's making a living, if not a killing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2016 1:46 PM

She's very talented and very funny. This is a tempest in a teapot started by an unhappy, careerless comic. Two of the comics listed, Wendy Liebman and Miranda somebody both said they don't think she stole jokes. Unlike Carlos Mencia Dane Cook, who are genuine thieves and widely loathed by comics, Amy is well respected amongst her peers and no one is buying it.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2016 2:58 PM

R22 -

Awww, so nice to see Schumer's publicist stop by and make a comment.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2016 3:03 PM

She'd be waitressing if it wasn't for her uncle.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2016 3:19 PM

I can believe she stole jokes since she also stole my career.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2016 3:21 PM

[quote]Unlike Carlos Mencia Dane Cook, who are genuine thieves and widely loathed by comics,

And they still get work anyway.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2016 3:21 PM

Do they still get work? I thought they were both VERY over.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2016 3:32 PM

[italic]Trainwreck[/italic] was one of the dullest Hollywood comedies of recent memories. Leave it to Judd Apatow to make two hours seem like three.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2016 3:34 PM

R28, Judd Apatow's movies always feel 20 minutes too long.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2016 3:48 PM

They reason why women are easier to steal from is that they have no balls (literal, or figurative.)

I notice in the comediennes' conversation (that they cowardly deleted) they never "mentioned" Amy with the @ sign. This is called sub-tweeting and it's a way to talk shit about people (and you think) they won't notice. It's why Cosby ran rampant for so many decades. They're too chicken to speak out for fear their careers will be hurt.

If they've been wronged, they should come out and say so. It's what happened with joke thief Carlos Mencia.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Her jokes are all about I'm a slut, I'm a whore, but when that poor 17 year old kid said the same thing but funnier - she ripped him a new one as a sexist pig. Is this like only Blacks are able to say the N-word and gays can only use the F-word?

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2016 4:11 PM

Wait, subtweeting allowed Cosby to avoid attention for decades?

That's a surprise

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2016 5:04 PM

No, R32, subtweeting pre-Twitter meant talking within your own group of fellow victims without saying "Hey, Bill Cosby drugged and raped me." Trashing someone in the shadows because you're afraid to publicly state your facts.

If these comics believed that Schumer ripped them off, they should have confronted her. Deleting what they wrote on Twitter only shows how weak they are.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2016 7:35 PM

Aren't her 15 minutes up YET?

Overexposed, unfunny, prickly & tiresome.

I think her career is mostly driven, behind the scenes, by uncle Charles Shumer. Otherwise, I think she'd be doing matinee gigs at the Flint Red Roof Inn.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2016 7:55 PM

[quote]I notice in the comediennes' conversation (that they cowardly deleted) they never "mentioned" Amy with the @ sign. This is called sub-tweeting

You are so full of shit. It's not subtweeting if they named the person they talked about. It's only subtweeting if the person is NOT identified. No @ is required.

And I'm sure they removed their tweets at the behest of their publicists and lawyers. Schumer seems like the type to lawyer up.

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2016 10:48 AM

Kathleen Madigan is hilarious, much funnier than Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2016 11:23 AM

Chuck Schumer is not Amy Schumer's uncle, they're something like 2nd or 3rd cousins and barely know each other.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Amy caught in another instance of stealing the idea for a sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2016 3:01 PM

[R37] "Chuck Schumer is not Amy Schumer's uncle, they're something like 2nd or 3rd cousins and barely know each other. "

That's Amy's story, but somebody with some pull made this happen:

She [Schumer] said, “[The cops] were like, ‘You’re lucky you have this last name.’ And they pleaded it down, to like disturbing the peace or something.”

She was arrested for GRAND LARCENY, a felony--she and her sister would shoplift thousands of dollars worth of merchandise and return it for cash---not jaywalking. Somebody somewhere did something to help them out.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2016 3:17 PM

In other words, NOW they pretend not to have known each other because Amy had to walk back that quote about her name and how it got a major felony rap reduced to a misdemeanor.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2016 3:25 PM

Schumer was also an unknown comic working for ten years, though. Maybe she had some connections, but she really did work for what she had.

The fact that Chelsea Handler gave up her career in 2013 also provided her with the opportunity to swoop in and take it over.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2016 3:28 PM

Chelsea Handler gave up her career? Literally? Did it finally dawn on her that nobody could stand to work with her?

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2016 3:32 PM

Handler got a huge deal to continue in new venues. With that money, she took time off to enjoy her large fortune and plan the new part of her career, which I believe is starting this spring.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2016 3:35 PM

She'll get a total pass because she's the media's darling, has made sure to velcro herself to Tina Fey and company and of course she milks the "I'm a progressive liberal feminist" thing... Famous and connected people will be sure to carry her water for her. She's one of those creations that some unseen force has made happen even though her fame and hype never seem to synch with the actual number of people who like her.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2016 3:42 PM

[quote] She's one of those creations that some unseen force has made happen even though her fame and hype never seem to synch with the actual number of people who like her

Aren't the majority of "stars" today like that?

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2016 3:46 PM

[quote]Aren't the majority of "stars" today like that?

Not necessarily R45. Many, sure. But so many celebrities and "stars" are self made, for whatever that's worth. I'm not saying she's done nothing to achieve her fame, I am charging however that she's one of those famous people who so many seem to dislike or not really register, yet who get tons of work, fame and buzz and, after a while, you realize something else is behind it, like a major machine or someone with a lot of money who's paying for all the publicists, working the magazines for articles and lobbying for the star to get interviews and shows and deals.

To me, people like Ben Stiller was always one of those. Tina Fey was one but she had some great writing ability... though I think everyone realized it was Lorne Michaels marking her to the biz. Schumer has something that's scored her the fame and it isn't just the mediocre talent she carries around.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2016 3:54 PM

She's uglier than Tina Fey. That chin needs shaving. I can't believe in today's Internet connected world she'd have the balls to steal from that Always Sunny poster so blatantly

Link me to the shoplifting story. What a pig

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Wow, I just watched both versions of the 2 girls/1 cup sketch and the thing that really stood out for me was how unfunny, pointless and misogynistic they were. Yikes! Clearly thought up by fratboy dimwits...and copied by a comedian with epic low self-esteem.

Did anyone find this funny at all? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Yes, the Trainwreck poster is a direct copy of the Always Sunny promo. Not one once of originality in her, well, maybe her chin.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2016 3:59 PM

That's a 3 oz. Chin she's sporting there.

Hair, makeup isn't going to matter if your chin is big. See Sarah Jessica Parker

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2016 4:03 PM

[R48]Like the other Apatow project Lena Dunham, Schumer is actually a classist, anti-woman racist while pretending to be a progressive feminist. It's almost like Apatow has an agenda, or something. His wife always plays the ball busting bitch or the incredibly stupid child-woman.

Here's the link [R47]

Ouch, it won't let me post a link? Can anyone help me out? In any case, it's at RadarOnline and the title of the piece is ' DARK PAST Trainwreck! Amy Schumer Arrested For Grand Larceny Shoplifting — Inside The Charges Posted on Jul 17, 2015 @ 10:03AM

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2016 4:03 PM

I'm not gonna check Reddit. Damned place is Aspieland.

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2016 4:04 PM

Thanks R51.

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2016 4:06 PM

So she doesn't specialize in just stealing ideas of others, it seems. Once a thief...

by Anonymousreply 55January 27, 2016 4:07 PM

I would love to hear Kathy Griffin's opinion of her. Wonder if AS has repaid all the stores/people she allegedly stole from. Did she ever appear in court?

by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2016 4:18 PM

Never did like this bitch and always did think she was overrated.

by Anonymousreply 57January 27, 2016 4:23 PM

[quote]She's one of those creations that some unseen force has made happen even though her fame and hype never seem to synch with the actual number of people who like her

Lets get real - she's a Jew, and as usual, Jews always prop up their own no matter what. They run Hollywood and to deny they don't is stupid.

*wait's for a Jew to cry "anti-Semitism!" for stating the obvious*

by Anonymousreply 58January 27, 2016 4:27 PM

R46 and R58 She does have the massive Apatow machine behind her. Apatow seems keen to push women, and a view of women, which stake a claim to feminism but are actually deliberately repulsive enough to turn people away from feminism. I doubt it has anything to do with being a Jew, but Jews in Hollywood do seem to continuously push the envelope when it comes to racism. Witness Schumer's racist schtick which to it's credit the H'wood press has called out a few times, Apatow's obsession with condemning Bill Cosby while never mentioning Allen or Polanski, and Adam Sandler's numerous problems with issues of race.

by Anonymousreply 59January 27, 2016 4:31 PM

I knew that bitch was a shoplifter. She has those too close together shoplifter eyes.

by Anonymousreply 60January 27, 2016 4:36 PM

She's overexposed and not funny. Her drunken/slutty routine is tiresome. She graphically discusses her sexual exploits throughout most of her act, yet calls out some teenage reporter who jokingly refers to the same sexual escapades she's already discussed. What a hypocrit! She's about 15 yrs too old for her act. She needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 61January 27, 2016 4:39 PM

R59 Exactly. Jews make fun of other races all the time, but if a non-Jew made jokes about Jews, they would cry "anti-Semitism!"

by Anonymousreply 62January 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Can we just shit on Schumer for being a joke thief and a regular thief and a hypocrite without the Jew talk? I also don't give a fuck what she looks like. Becaise I'm gay. Granted, she's very unattractive but who cares.

I thought some of her sketches were funny but a lot were outright terrible. Now with her publicly shaming that kid and all this other BS instead of being indifferent to her, I can't stand her.

Soon enough the it girl halo will be given to someone else and we can all pop some corn and watch her and her weight/love/legal problems develop by looking at the corner of a National Enquire at the supermarket.

#TeamWendy

by Anonymousreply 63January 27, 2016 4:48 PM

Ah yes, the DL. Where any celeb who reaches the pinnacle MUST BE BROUGHT DOWN!

I like Amy, don't love her. Her standup makes me chuckle and some of her skits are downright hilarious (watch the Aaron Sorkin spoof). But what I do love is the DL's vitriol for any successful celeb who isn't male and hot and straight. It's like clockwork.

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2016 4:52 PM

and yet you keep hanging out here, R64

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2016 4:55 PM

Eh, fame is a fickle whore. Anybody who desires fame and pursues it has done some things, things that make them deserving of being brought down. That's why some are hot one minute, out the next. The ones who hang on for a long time, continue making money and keep their names out there have latched on to the central power source.

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2016 4:59 PM

R64, what do you see in DL then? Unclench and grow a pair FFS. This straight white person, one of the most privileged people in the world, is a plagiarist. Sure, she has a team of writers, and she performs the jokes they write well sometimes. So what. She isn't out curing cancer.

You're like one of those dummies who accuses people of being radfems, Republicans, or Milo. Why are you even here? There are a million inoffensive safe spaces for you on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2016 5:08 PM

R65, I clearly said I love it. I've been here for well over a decade. It's one of my favorite things to watch the rise and fall of celebs through the lens of the DL. I wasn't being tongue-in-cheek. I truly find it fascinating. It's like a sociological phenomenon.

R67? You want me to unclench? I've never called anyone any of those things. For the record, I love offensive shit. As long it's smart and clever. Nothing worse than an SJW stomping his little feet in protest over some myopic issue.

I don't think Amy purposely stole those jokes. Frankly, they weren't stand outs from any of the involved parties. They were fairly mundane observations that anyone could make. But who knows? Maybe she did. I guess it's up to the comedians to sue if they truly feel she plagiarized them.

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2016 5:24 PM

Let's say she did get the food slapping idea from Madigans routine...what was she supposed to do exactly? How much should Madigan get? It was the same idea but also very different since it didn't involve Oprah, and had nothing to do with being rich. Personally I thought Amy's slapping sketch wasn't very funny but I did think the bit was hilarious in Madigan's routine.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2016 5:36 PM

R68 that's not what you wrote. You wrote :

[quote]I do love is the DL's vitriol for any successful celeb who isn't male and hot and straight. It's like clockwork

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2016 5:38 PM

R64/R68: If you've been here as long as you claim, then you'd know there are several successful female celebrities loved by DL: Jan Hooks, ONJ, Madeline Kahn, just to name a few. So your blanket statement is wrong.

And Amy has several times been proven to be a thief. She admitted shoplifting many times. Several comedians say that Amy has used jokes/material that they've said previously. Maybe SHE didn't plagiarize those jokes, maybe her writers did.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2016 6:18 PM

At least she waited til Patrice O' Neal died before stealing his jokes.

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2016 6:40 PM

I like Amy's show, but ambivalent about her. One thing I think people might be missing is the fact that she doesn't write all her own sketches/jokes, so one of her writers could have been the one to steal other peoples' content and reuse it. Not saying that is right to do, but Amy herself may not be the one to blame.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2016 9:10 PM

Reality check: I seriously doubt Amy Schumer was responsible for the poster design for Trainwreck. Sure she approved it but if some art director stole it from a TV show how is she supposed to know that? And her show has an army of writers giving her jokes. That reddit thread even says some of them came from the College Humor site. Maybe the same writers repurposed the 2 girls one cup thing for Schumer's show.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2016 9:10 PM

How many jokes can there possibly be for overweight self-hating slutty comediennes? Once you get past I'm Fat (Haha) I'm a whore (Haha) , where else can you go? There all just variations on the same theme.

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2016 9:18 PM

[quote] Sounds like she made those jokes shorter, direct, and better

Really, I thought she clearly lengthened them to unfunny proportions, quite obviously to try and keep them from sounding like the jokes she'd stolen. They were badly padded to mask the blatant similarities.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2016 9:29 PM

[quote]Wow, I just watched both versions of the 2 girls/1 cup sketch and the thing that really stood out for me was how unfunny, pointless and misogynistic they were. Yikes! Clearly thought up by fratboy dimwits...and copied by a comedian with epic low self-esteem.

Oh for fuck's sake. It was Amy playing a serious actress, trying to approach scat porn as a legitimate, mainstream job. It was hilarious.

And if I got busted for shoplifting when I was a teenager/college-age and I had a relative who was politically powerful, you bet your ass I would've worked that connection to get out of it.

Some of you need to lighten the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2016 10:39 PM

R77 College age kids aren't toddlers. Presumably they know it's wrong to steal, so it says something about an adult person who knowingly engages in criminal activity. And if you've reached that age without having developed a sense of ethics it's pretty much a given you're also gonna be that privileged little wuss who cries for mummy and daddy to pull strings and bail you out of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2016 10:49 PM

R57, I saw an interview Kathy Griffin recently where she talked about how she made it on her own, and made some passive aggressive crack about how "she didn't have Judd Apatow behind her"

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2016 10:54 PM

I think that people should lighten up about the Always Sunny/Trainwreck photos. It seems unlikely she staged it.

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2016 10:55 PM

"[R77] College age kids aren't toddlers. Presumably they know it's wrong to steal, so it says something about an adult person who knowingly engages in criminal activity"

Repeatedly, R78. You left out "repeatedly". She admitted to doing it multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2016 11:38 PM

She stole my LUNCH!

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2016 11:54 PM

R79 I don't blame Kathy Griffin for throwing shade at Amy Schumer. She basically replaced Kathy as the ugly, vulgar, comedienne that everyone's talking about. Kathy needs to do something to get popular again. Even though her jokes got stale, they're still better than anything Amy puts out there.

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2016 4:00 AM

I'm not her biggest fan by far but at least Kathy isn't a racist. Amy and that whole Apatow crowd barely bother to conceal their contempt for brown and 'other' people.

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2016 4:55 PM

And now she is lucky to get a Tampax commercial.

by Anonymousreply 85June 14, 2021 4:30 PM

Fat cunt

by Anonymousreply 86June 14, 2021 4:57 PM

It happens. Joan Rivers repeated Barry Humphries/Dame Edna's routine about adopting a kid from Madonna's African village. It may have been theft, or it may have been completely unintentional on her part. She said she bought a lot of jokes (and paid well), and perhaps it was something someone sent in, and she wasn't aware.

by Anonymousreply 87June 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Remember when she was on top of the world? 🌎 How fickle is fame.

by Anonymousreply 88June 14, 2021 5:48 PM

Seeing this thread catapulted back to my dark lost days as a pest on the 2010s o&a subreddit (Rest In Piss). This is the oldest of news, so it’s very strange to me that it’s only hitting the DL now.

Many years ago, we at the old sub had Big Ame’s quick-trottered number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 14, 2021 8:02 PM

These days, fashionable self-abasement and misplaced faux-righteousness are like a warm bath you never want to get out of. Inside, you're free to slosh the piss-water around sanctimoniously, there's no risk of drowning, and the bathroom door is locked.

The new ice bucket challenge is how much destruction can you tolerate seeing around you—riots, burning rainforests, stolen elections—while still happily watching famous ‘comics’ shucking and jiving for American entertainment dollar with a big fucking smirk on their face. And because the Wizard of Oz curtain is so threadbare, people like Schumes have to go all-in with fully militarized look-over-here bullshit. Rollerblading around on stage with Ellen, and cracking jokes with the psychopathic narcissist A-Listers on the red carpet. The emperor has no clothes--the only way to keep the lie going is by clamping down.

Comedians, entertainers, actors? They make a big show of concern and they’ll take any charity gig, but they don’t care; all living sheltered lives in posh bohemian $8 coffee fantasy zones, where if the heat doesn't cook your brains and fry your eggs in the morning, the hot cokehead girls on the Ave will. It’s all grift to them, and not even the material or the integrity of the performance format matters.

There's nothing left that's just 'funny’ in such splintered times of crisis and inequality, because everything is politically charged one way or another. Even bland mindless FunnyOrDie garbage is political, by virtue of how adamantly the players and writers refuse to deal. And by giving them clicks, we all refuse to deal with the hysteria that surrounds us. Turning a blind eye, carrying on as usual--that's a political statement all by itself.

If the world is on fire, and you’re doing Clean material, or promotion and celebrity-pandering, or toothless straight absurdism, you’re picking a side just the same.

by Anonymousreply 90June 14, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote]I saw an interview Kathy Griffin recently where she talked about how she made it on her own, and made some passive aggressive crack about how "she didn't have Judd Apatow behind her"

Okay, good for Kathy, that doesn't justify her hate of people who do get help.

It's smart to use contacts to get a career started in any field, if you have them and if you have them, it's foolish not to.

by Anonymousreply 91June 14, 2021 8:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!