Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John David Carson a gay?

Best known for his co-starring role with Angie Dickson and Rock Hudson in Pretty Maids All in a Row.

[quote]"I don't care about anybody's sexual preferences - I really don't; I wouldn't want anyone to object to my sexual preferences. But when it's forced on you, for reasons of personal gain - when they say it's going to be the end of your career if you don't comply with their wishes - I think it's low, it's cheap."

Carson attributed his lack of success in theater to this issue.

I wonder who did this...Rock...ahem or Johnny Carson who sued him over use of his name.

Carson was romantically involved with actress Kim Darby. He was also briefly married to model Vicki Morgan, who was later murdered in a very high-profile case, from 1976 to 1977

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2019 8:51 AM

I think that he's a gay and has the aids.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2016 7:09 PM

That girl who was his wife was killed by someone with the AIDS, so yeah he probably was.

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2016 7:11 PM

Fat Rock Hudson looking usually creepy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2016 7:12 PM

Also Roddy McDowell is in the movie so yeah JDC is gay, at least he was after he did "Pretty Maids"

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2016 7:15 PM

I had such a crush on this actor when I was a kid. I think his career was mostly over, but I saw him on reruns.

I've always liked dark eyed, dark haired guys. Even when I was a baby gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2016 7:24 PM

He dead.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2016 7:26 PM

Anyone who says "sexual preference" instead of "sexual orientation" has serious self-loathing issues.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2016 7:29 PM

Just saw him a few minutes ago in an ep of MSW. He was so nice.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2016 7:56 PM

He looks gorgeous in this photo. I wish it was clearer. I never saw THE SAVAGE IS LOOSE, but I wanted to because I knew he was in it and it sounded like he might have one or two hot scenes in it. On the very minus side, Wikipedia says he was raised as a Christian Scientist, which he continued to practice, and was also into Scientology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2016 8:11 PM

Link to theatrical trailer for THE SAVAGE IS LOOSE on YouTube. There seems to be a link to the full movie in the comments, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2016 8:20 PM

Unfortunately, John David Carson is definitely dead. I know this because I actually SPOKE to his wife Diana on the phone, and I did that because I had attempted to contact Carson, intending to write an article about his career in B-movies and television, and seeking an interview with him. I missed him by only a few months - to my enormous disappointment and sadness.

His widow was extremely nice and helpful when I spoke to her; she said John would have loved the opportunity to talk to me. From everything I've heard, he was a very nice guy. I had several more exchanges, via email, with her. This was back in 2009, shortly after I wrote this Wikipedia page.

Virtually ALL the various postings online about Carson's death, whether they're on blogs, B-movie websites, Youtube comments sections, etc - are a result of my initial announcement on an online forum that Carson had died - I did so after finding this out from Diana. He was likely not a famous enough actor for the Hollywood buzz to have picked up the news of his passing; in this case, it seems to have been my research that made the news public (and I'm not saying this to be boastful - if anything, I find it exceptionally depressing.)

In the references field, for the page, I very deliberately entered the data to link viewers to the Death Certificates search page for the state of Nevada, even providing instructions to search for John David Carson and that his death was a matter of public record (which I also noted in the citation itself.) Originally, doing so would bring up his death certificate, on which you could plainly see his information and his cause of death (Lymphoma.) However, for some reason, as of this writing (7/19/2012) it no longer comes up in a search (I just checked.) I have no idea why this is.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2017 7:32 PM

He was gorgeous. He was a guest on many, many of those Quinn Martin productions and Universal cop shows.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2017 12:44 AM

He was always cast as sensitive rich boys who got kidnapped on Cannon and Barnaby Jones.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2017 12:53 AM

Did he flirt with Betty? I would have and I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2017 1:02 AM

He was somewhat popular in the 70s. He was definitely handsome and charismatic. I know he had executives making passes at him. He refers to this earlier in this thread. I was shocked years ago when I'd heard he'd died. His last appearance was in PRETTY WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2017 2:28 AM

He was no labia licker

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2017 9:15 AM

Actually yes he was, r16. That's what his quote is about. He was straight and a victim of the gay casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2017 10:14 AM

He looked good in drag on Angie's show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2017 10:20 AM

Like anyone would confuse This Mr Carson with Johnny's unfunny ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2017 2:00 PM

I see Rock with the beautiful Brenda Sykes next to him. She was married to activist/poet Gil-Scott Heron. She left him because of his heroin addiction. He too was a casualty of AIDS. I loved Brenda on the OZZIE & HARRIET reboot in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2017 2:05 PM

I had read somewhere that he was runner up to play Keith Partridge.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2017 3:16 PM

You could see his cockhead outline in Murder, She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2019 8:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!