Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He’s Guilty! Nancy Grace Reveals Evidence She Says Proves Steven Avery Is A Killer

Making a Murderer has captivated the nation, with growing claims that the documentary proves Wisconsin man Steven Avery was wrongfully convicted of murder. But Nancy Grace told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview that she believes he is absolutely guilty of the rape and murder for which he is serving a life sentence.

“It doesn’t matter what I think,” Grace explained. “It matters what a jury thinks and I agree with the jury. I believe Steven Avery brutally murdered Teresa Halbach. I have watched the show. I kept waiting for them to tell the truth. That never happened.”

The acid-tongued HLN host recounted the evidence that she believes the filmmakers left out of the Netflix documentary.

“Her DNA was on a bullet that was forensically tested and was fired from his weapon that was hanging above his bed. His DNA, his sweat, was under the hood of Teresa’s car. You can’t get a warrant for sweat,” she said. “You can for blood, hair, fingerprints but not sweat.”

Grace continued with evidence she said connected him to the crime. “Her cell phone/camera/PDA were all found burned 20 feet from his back door,” she claimed. “Her tooth was found on his property. It is inconceivable that the police could have planted this much evidence.”

Grace told Radar that she interviewed Avery in 2005 and “grilled him like a hamburger on the Fourth of July.”

She claimed his version of the events did not hold up.

“He tells me that she did come to his place that day,” she said. “Then his story fell apart. He could not explain how someone could have gotten a car to his place without anyone seeing it. He admitted that the day she goes missing, she did go to his place.”

Avery previously served an 18-year sentence for a rape that he did not commit, and it was not until DNA evidence exonerated him that he was released from jail. He then filed a $36 million dollar lawsuit against the county and various officials who he blamed for his erroneous conviction, but just a few months later he became a suspect in Halbach’s murder.

However, the false conviction did not sway Grace into believe he was wrongly convicted a second time by evidence planted by the police.

“It is preposterous to think that two different jurisdictions did this,” she said. “They would have had to kill her, burn her body, put her charred remains in a steel belt that he used as an accelerator.”

“It’s a lie. He murdered her.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2019 6:16 AM

Go Nancy Go....,

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2016 4:00 AM

A razing Grace, how sweet the ground.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2016 4:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2016 4:23 AM

I don't know all the details of this case, but does anyone know the approximate size (guestimate) of her bones that were found in the burn pit? It's not easy to burn a body into little pieces. A lot of accelerant is needed and the body has to burn a very, very long time. It's not something you can secretly do yourself without anyone else who lives on the property knowing

One of the Averys did this. And the others know something about this

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2016 4:28 AM

You can't cremate a body without a crematorium. It's impossible. This was a set-up 100%.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2016 4:32 AM

I think Nancy ate the body.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2016 4:41 AM

A compromise: Set him free---but he has to live in Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2016 4:55 AM

You definitely can, but it leaves things behind like bones and teeth, which is what were found

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2016 5:14 AM

TOT MOM!

TOT MOM!

TOT MOM!

TOT MOM!

TOT MOM!

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2016 5:18 AM

[quote]You definitely can, but it leaves things behind like bones and teeth, which is what were found

You're agreeing that it can't be done. Read before posting, hon.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2016 5:27 AM

[quote] You can't cremate a body without a crematorium. It's impossible. This was a set-up 100%.

You are wrong. You can cremate a body without a crematorium, but it takes a lot of accelerant and it takes a very, very, very long time. According to Wiki crematoriums use 1400 to 2100 °F temperatures. So if done at home (or outside of a crematorium), the bones will never be ash and there will be a lot of bone fragments. People have burned bodies in other murder cases. In all those cases bone fragments were found. Bones were found on the Avery's property. The police are not going to go to the trouble to stage a murder using cremated bone fragments. That's preposterous. And now Steven is saying his brother may have done this

And does anyone know anything about his lawsuit with the police department for his wrongful conviction? This murder case shouldn't have anything to do with that case. He should still be able to sue the police department

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2016 5:28 AM

She doesn't know shit.

Which isn't to say whether Avery is or isn't guilty of the crime, but Nancy doesn't KNOW anything. She's a lying liar who lies.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2016 5:28 AM

Thanks R11 that is exactly the point I was trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2016 5:43 AM

[quote]And now Steven is saying his brother may have done this

I think it was someone in the Avery clan, who knew they'd get away with it cuz the county needed to get rid of Steven Avery.

They may have even conspired with those stupid, corrupt cops to get it done.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2016 9:09 AM

I don't understand. Its like people are saying opinions without watching the series and reading what was excluded..

When Avery was first charged with the crimes he believed the motive for the framing was a small county couldn't afford the settlement for his wrongful incarceration. All of sudden the county agreed on I believe 300,000 which he used for his lawyer..

Everyone says poor Brendon. How come some big shot lawyer didn't take on his case pro bono if he was so innocent ?

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2016 9:47 AM

I think his former lawyer--the lady with the cats--says it best, this crime is a little too sophisticated for Avery.

Every time they show pictures of Avery in his early 20s, he looks like every hot, grunge guy I crushed on in the earlier 90s. He could've been a model If he was born 20 years later and had some ambition.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2016 12:20 PM

I'll never forget when she had a lawyer guest on her show named Mickey Sherman. He started stuttering and she began to cruelly imitate him.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2016 12:28 PM

BOOZE and HOT PANTS!

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2016 12:56 PM

CHAMPAGNE JAMBOREE

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2016 5:53 PM

so the woman who thinks everyone is guilty thinks Avery is guilty. okay.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2016 5:58 PM

Maybe Sugar Bear did it!

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2016 8:57 PM

Avery and Dassey did it. Avery has a history of violence against women. He also tortured and murdered a cat, kidnapped his cousin and threatened to kill her, threatened to rape other women in the community, sexually abused his cousins including the psychopath Dassey who helped him kill Halbach, and while in prison he made plans to kidnap, torture, and murder a woman and he and Dassey did this to Halbach.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Nancy Grace is a crazed harpy

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2016 6:10 PM

Avery may be guilty, but I watched them with my own eyes extract a false confession from Dassey. Dassey should absolutely not be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2016 6:14 PM

I like what Nancy's doing with her hair. It looks much thicker.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2016 6:23 PM

Nancy is my diva.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2016 6:41 PM

Nancy Grace does not come off well in the documentary - though she's only in it for a short bit - and with all the hoopla from the series, she's doing what any media narcissist of the first order does: rage in public to promote her past interview and postulate on who is/isn't guilty.

R12 is correct - she doesn't KNOW anything other than what she wants to believe. I watched the Netflix series and while I'm not convinced Steven Avery is innocent, I'm not convinced he's guilty either. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if others in the family had something to do with the murder and figured he was a convenient patsy. You have to think that things are VERY tense among the Avery family.

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2016 6:56 PM

Now hold on here, let's put some Texas logic on this: did this little gal NEED crematin'?

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2016 7:07 PM

I never heard 'he was too stupid' as a defense before. Almost everyone who commits murder can't be too smart because most of the times you are not going to get by with it....

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2016 10:07 PM

R24, except that Dassey did help kill Halbach, cover up her murder/death, helped dispose of her body, tried to "hide" her vehicle by putting branches on it, and he could have stopped Avery, freed Halbach, or called the police but instead did nothing so he's right where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2016 10:09 PM

R27, how do you explain his blood in the car then if it was family that did it?

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2016 10:21 PM

How much suspension of reality does it take to convince yourself of his innocence? Stop this bullshit. Do you understand what you watched on Netflix was a one sided view of a case that had hundreds of pieces of evidence? Its fucking absurd. What happened in the 80s was a travesty. The justice system did in fact make a murderer out of Steven Avery, however DNA shows that he wasnt too far off from making it there on his own judging by the rest of his family.

Its unfathomable that this many people are invested in this hillbilly while thousands upon thousands sit in prison truly unjustly and disenfranchised upon release. These shows and podcasts make it so easy to take up a cause, fucking lazy couch investigators. None of you are dedicated enough to justice to research what is actually happening in this country's prison system. I really hate you people. Steven Avery is a coward rapist murderer and I dont care about his retarded inbred nephew, the end.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2016 10:36 PM

What is that podcast everyone is talking about? Serial or something. A podcast is like a radio show don't understand how it could be popular...

I also can't understand how people especially the hard hearted dataloungers can rally around the Averys. I said it before and I'll say it again. The lesbians that made this Netflix series should be ashamed of themselves...

by Anonymousreply 33February 7, 2016 9:45 AM

Are there good YouTube clips with Nancy ranting about this? She can be hilarious, when it isn't all that baby crap she usually obsesses about. When she covers celebrity scandals, it's always a hoot. I haven't had cable for years so I can't just switch her on. And I haven't gotten into Making a Murderer, whatever the title, but I downloaded the first episode. Seems to be a lot of excitement for it here though.

by Anonymousreply 34February 7, 2016 10:20 AM

Reading the comments, so the multi-episode doc is supposed to be about someone allegedly framed, while there is in fact considerable evidence of his guilt. If it's that close to call, doesn't sound worth the time.

by Anonymousreply 35February 7, 2016 10:41 AM

BOOZE and HOT PANTS.

by Anonymousreply 36February 7, 2016 11:16 AM

The series leaves out evidence but I still recommend it. Take for instance the sister of Richard and mother of Brendan who switches sides more than once has a very dramatic and stupid reaction to the verdict...

by Anonymousreply 37February 7, 2016 11:37 AM

The evidence the series leaves out is minor stuff and inconsequential.

My biggest questions are why was the victim's blood in the car if she was killed in the garage and dragged to the pit and why is there no victim's blood anywhere in the house or garage? None

by Anonymousreply 38February 7, 2016 1:27 PM

Why does Nancy care ? Theresa wasn't even a young blond girl .....

by Anonymousreply 39February 7, 2016 4:22 PM

TOT MOM!!!!!

SEX PERVERSIONS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 40February 7, 2016 4:31 PM

Calling a murder victim 3 times and using star 67 is not' inconsequential" evidence....

by Anonymousreply 41February 7, 2016 10:41 PM

They didn't spend hours "grooming" that kid Dassey. They told him they were his friends and let him talk but a lot of times criminals are so stupid that they blab and don't remain silent and do not ask for a lawyer. They never raised their voices, never threatened him and just always brought him back to an earlier point when he started to obfuscate.

Now you have to factor in what he told Kayla about blood seeping up from concrete and moving the body. No one "groomed" Kayla Avery either.

You do understand, had Kayla never gone to her guidance counselors with her gruesome stories, the police would have never talked to the little dullard a second time, right?

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2016 5:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2016 5:51 PM

I watched the series and am still unsure about Avery. I read in passing on the Internet that the first time Avery met her to take pics of a car he answered the door in a towel and made an inappropriate comment. The article didn't state a source for this info so I don't know if it is true. Did anyone else come across that info? I thought he was framed until I found out the needle mark in the vial was to place the blood in the vial, not take it out. Now that it has been explained I am not so sure, but I think they got a false confession from the kid. I remember thinking they were feeding him the facts.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2016 6:47 PM

Her head is getting even fatter each year.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2016 8:37 PM

No they did not get a false confession from Avery's nephew who he sexually abused. Also nothing was planted despite what the fools on the internet who are armchair forensics techs, lawyers, etc. claim.

You have to be a moron to believe that Avery and Dassey are innocent or that they had an unfair trial, were railroaded by police, the judge, etc.

Avery and Dasssey both had the option of having the trial in a different county but made the choice to have the trial in their home county.

The filmmakers allow Steven Avery to explain his side of the story at multiple points.

He or his buddies didn't just "neg" a cat on and throw it over the fire and "it lit up." He purposely doused it with oil and gasoline and threw it in the fire to watch it die a horrific death.

That act put him back behind bars.

Ooops. I said "back" behind bars. He was previously convicted of burglary when he was 18 and served time for that. Now I know that's technically not putting in fiction but it is something the filmmakers didn't want you to know about.

Another piece of fiction is when the filmmakers let him whine and cry about his first wife "taking his kids away from him."

No. A judge issued a court order barring his kids from seeing him, saying "He has huge anger. He has real potential to harm people, and he's not dealt with"

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2016 9:13 PM

His new lawyer filed documents saying it was the ex boyfriend. Is there already a thread about this?

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2017 11:36 PM

Yeah but Steven Avery is going to release evidence proving that Nancy Grace was the killer. So... there!

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2017 11:41 PM

I'm surprised Nancy Grace is still alive and breathing. I would have thought she would have burst a blood vessel and met her maker (Dr. Ailes) by now.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2017 12:05 AM

He's so guilty. Everyone was fooled by Making a Murderer.

by Anonymousreply 50June 14, 2017 12:14 AM

Wonder what she thinks about Adnan Syed.

by Anonymousreply 51June 14, 2017 12:14 AM

Kinda think he’s guilty but they both should have gotten new trials.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2019 5:06 AM

Nancy Grace was in the business of people being guilty, whether they are or not. Remember the selfie stalker? She was determined to vilify him whether he was convicted or not. He was cleared of all charges.

She derived her wealth from her flamboyant condemnations of other people.

The funniest part is her saying that it doesn’t matter what she thinks, it’s what a jury thinks — but that didn’t make her shut the fuck up countless times before juries had even begun deliberating.

by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2019 5:29 AM

I would rather watch animals mate (and I am not into that) than watch anything with Nancy Grace.

Does she still miss pronounce the name Kaylee as Kelly? and Haylee/Hayley as Helly?

by Anonymousreply 54March 11, 2019 6:12 AM

Haven’t watched NG in years just bumped this thread after rediscovering the Avery case.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2019 6:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!