Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Tony "Head of the Class" O'Dell a gay?

He looks the type.

One in a long line of Alex Keaton clones on 80s sitcoms, O'Dell was 26 years old when the series started and 31 when it ended.

He never married, and on his Facebook page he talks about being a "proud uncle" a lot, so typical of gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2019 11:44 AM

Tony O'Dell Facebook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2016 6:40 PM

Tony O'Dell shirtless in Otherworld

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Yes, per DLers who'd see him out and about in L.A.

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2016 7:41 PM

Yes I kissed him in the early 90s and I am a male.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2016 7:45 PM

Was he fat or thin back then?

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2016 7:53 PM

[quote]O'Dell was 26 years old when the series started and 31 when it ended.

A bit young to be playing a high school student, don'tcha think?

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2016 10:05 PM

^^Ha ha, I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2016 10:14 PM

It's "Ha ha ha! I'll say."

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2016 12:43 AM

He's a short lil fucker.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2016 12:58 AM

He looks like a cute little pocket gay.

Perhaps he can take over for Leslie Jordan...

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2016 1:07 AM

I thought he pinged massively on HOTC and that he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2016 1:28 AM

Just a confirmed bachelor fella, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2016 1:49 AM

Yes, he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2016 3:26 AM

Of course he's gay! Everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2016 3:38 AM

He worked on the George Lopez Show according to his IMDB profile.

You would think now that gay slur loving George has no power over him, O'Dell would give him a good talking to on behalf of us.

Speak up Tony! Don't take his crap!

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2016 3:48 AM

He looks good for 55 (though he could lose 15 pounds).

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2016 3:51 AM

Gayer than a spring frock at a cotillion.

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2016 3:54 AM

Holy shit, did you guys see that HOTC "reunion photo" he posted? The actor who played Arvid looks like he's about 70!

by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2016 4:00 AM

I think he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2016 4:21 AM

Wasn't he also a lesser known member of the Cobra Kai?

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2016 4:33 AM

There were rumors he was molested by the fat kid (can't remember his name).

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2016 4:34 AM

Hide your kids! Hide your wives! The fat Kid is molesting everybody up in here!

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2016 5:04 AM

Whatever happened to the nerdy little girl in the class? I think she was supposed to bring the cute factor but failed miserably.

Also, did that fat molester guy get a boner when she was rubbing against his belly during this photo shoot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2016 6:13 AM

I never realized John Wayne Gacy played the principal

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2016 6:20 AM

He looks incredibly good for 55. Very handsome still.

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2016 6:22 AM

So cute and sexy on HOTC!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2016 6:29 AM

R23 The "nerdy little girl" was Tannis Vallely, She was just 10 years old when the show began. She's now a casting director.

I loved HOTC as a kid. It was on long enough to get into syndication, but didn't get much of a run. I don't recall seeing it on TV anywhere since the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2016 6:42 AM

Overall I never really liked this show. Howard Hesseman seemed miserable from day one and none of the students was very interesting or likable. You could tell Robin Givens was a grade-A bitch from the moment she first appeared.

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2016 6:55 AM

Robin Givens is the only one of the students to have a consistent acting career after HOTC though. The rest have worked very sporadically or have left acting all together and moved behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2016 7:06 AM

R18 Unfortunately I have to agree. I thought he'd have his nose taken care of by now. It could be used by the police as a battering ram. Was Tony the only gay on that show? I thought there was also another guy who was.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2016 5:15 PM

Has robin givens done anything of note since the 90s?

I would say Brian Robbins had the best career after the show

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2016 5:16 PM

R30, his nose always made me hot. I've always had a fetish for big honkers like that on a guy. It's a shame he's aged so badly, especially when Tony looks like he's actually gotten younger.

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2016 5:23 PM

R31 She's works consistently as an actress, but no, nothing really great in a while. I meant that she has gotten the most work acting wise of the HOTC alums.

Brian Robbins has been very successful as producer/director. So yes, I would say he is most successful of them overall. You can make a lot of money as a producer. Probably a very good move on his part giving up acting for that.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2016 5:59 PM

[quote]He worked on the George Lopez Show according to his IMDB profile.

As a DIALOGUE COACH.What the fuck is that anyway?

The guy who played the indian Jawaharlal has acted quite a bit. (see below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2016 7:33 PM

Leslie Bega gave a memorable performance as the slutty senior throwing the back to school rager on the 90210 pilot

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2016 7:35 PM

R35 I'm surprised more than any of them that she didn't have more of a career. She was pretty and a decent actress. Seen her in some low rent movie on HBO in the early 90s playing a hooker and she showed her tits and had sex scene or two.

Khrystyne Haje had a decent career for a about a decade after the show. Remember seeing her in an episode of L&O SVU but it flamed out around 2002-2003. She then did one other movie in 2009 and nothing since. Apparently she still does print modeling and occasional commercials.

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2016 8:23 PM

Michael DeLorenzo had a pretty decent career after the show too, for awhile anyway. He had series regular roles on New York Undercover and Resurrection Blvd. Plus several other guest spots and movie roles. He left NYU on bad terms, supposedly Dick Wolf did his best to get him blacklisted.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2016 8:44 PM

Wasn't dalbonzo an add on late in the run along with that tragically homely daughter of dick Pryor?

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2016 8:50 PM

R36 Khrystyne Haje has an Emmy Award on her shelf.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2016 8:55 PM

Was that Emmy in the category of most ridiculous alternative spelling of a name?

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2016 8:56 PM

Apparently DeLorenzo took grooming tips from Richard Greco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2016 8:58 PM

I think Lorenzo was also private Santiago who received the code red in a few good men

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2016 8:59 PM

Tannis Valley, young nerdy Janis, is (as was mentioned above) a successful casting director, and she had a cameo in an "Arrested Development" as a casting director who gets one of Tobias's glitter-filled headshot submissions.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2016 9:02 PM

R41 He was good looking when he was younger, but hasn't aged well. There is talk on his IMDb board that he is gay. Don't recall him ever being discussed here as being gay (or for anything else really lol) though.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2016 9:10 PM

DeLorenzo from his Fame days (and pre nose job). His nose job hasn't aged well either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2016 9:16 PM

Michael Dilorenzo is gay. His former dancer life, his Barry Manilow plastic surgery, his gay walk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2016 9:16 PM

Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2016 9:17 PM

See the gay mafia story on HRT Thread (#1, I think). I recognized O'Dell at a gay party, yelled his name in recognition and he didn't like that one bit. Somehow it got back to my boss only two days later and, upon arrival to work, I was told never to do that again, it makes actors "uncomfortable". To say the least! Couldn't believe he'd been called about it. The power of that Gay Mafia.

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2016 9:19 PM

I wonder if he and Tony O'Dell ever hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2016 9:19 PM

Omg that is so depressing what happened to Delorenzos face ?,supposedly him and Yoba were a couple I liked that show it was so 90s.

by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2016 9:22 PM

Ugh. Yes, Tanis Valley is a casting director, and a huge cunt. She took a disliking to me the first time I ever read for her, some years back. I read for her a couple of other times and she was never anything more than totally unpleasant.

She's a power-tripping bitch and I avoid her like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2016 9:36 PM

Forget 'Head Of The Class' ........

Tony's major claim to fame is 'Chopping Mall' about "teens" trapped in a mall after closing with killer security robots on the rampage.

With the even hunkier John Terlesky and Russell Todd. And featuring the faboo Kelli Maroney and Barbara Crampton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2016 9:49 PM

I remember that movie, R52. I love bad 80s horror movies. Tony was very "adorkable" in that.

And yes, John Terlesky and Russell Todd were very hot in that one too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2016 9:54 PM

All the death scenes from 'Chopping Mall'

The one around 3:30 is pretty iconic amongst cheesy horror fare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2016 9:58 PM

Haje won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class Program

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2016 10:02 PM

R51 = Soleil Moon Frye

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2016 10:05 PM

Do you think he feels bad that he was so hot and now he's just fat?

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2016 10:05 PM

Tony was also in a couple of first season episodes of Dynasty as the insufferable Lindsay Blaisdell ' s friend.

Of course Lindsay is the dearly departed daughter of that Blaisdell women, Claudia.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2016 10:13 PM

He's not that fat, R57. In fact I think he looks good for someone who will be 57 in a few weeks. I'd do him and I'm 20 year younger than him.

It's sad though that he's apparently friends with DL fave Sherri Sheppard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2016 10:14 PM

[quote]He's not that fat, [R57].

Not if he was a regular person who was not smoking hot in his 30s. But for someone who once was he is.

by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2016 10:22 PM

Wasn't Tanis Valley where Indiana Jones found the Ark of the Covenant?

by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2016 10:33 PM

R58

Did Lindsay Blaisdale really die ? I remember her father Matthew (Bo Hopkins) returned at a later date. I just thought both of them lived. I must've been skipping Dynasty a lot at that point.

So much for Lindsay showing up at Dynasty: The Next Generation .......... oh hell, it's a soap, she can still turn up. Bring crazy, scarred Claudia with you.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2016 11:30 PM

Is no one gonna say anything about his hair piece?

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2016 11:33 PM

The girl who played Sarah, starred in Bill Cosby's last attempt at feature film stardom, "Ghost Dad", she hasn't been heard from since.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2016 11:39 PM

That hairpiece is listed in the catalogue as the 'Bob Stack'

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2016 11:39 PM

God, I loved CHOPPING MALL. I'm a horror fan and a huge fan of John Terlesky. The man was sex on a stick. He was shirtless in this! I thought O'Dell and Russell were cute, too. The movie looks unbelievably bad watching those death scenes now. John is another who has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2016 12:09 AM

Remember me the way I was, R66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2016 12:13 AM

Me too ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2016 12:14 AM

You're too good to me, R67!

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2016 12:28 AM

I loved Alan. He was sexy and supposedly smart, although he didn't seem particularly gifted intellectually. I always assumed the others in the school must have been really stupid by comparison and the gifted class were what have been the B and C students elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2016 12:58 AM

R41 Holy fuck! What did he do to his face?

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2016 1:01 AM

[quote]The girl who played Sarah, starred in Bill Cosby's last attempt at feature film stardom, "Ghost Dad", she hasn't been heard from since.

I remember reading somewhere that she's married to some rich white guy and lives in Malibu. Guess she doesn't care about working anymore.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2016 1:02 AM

R59 I'm amazed by how many gay men hang out with that homophobic bitch (who says she does not believe in gay marriage). They must be fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2016 1:04 AM

Toward the end of the show's run, when Howard Hessman was replaced with Billy Connolly, wasn't most of the class also replaced? I remember Rain Pryor joining as a new student, but I thought most of the other original students had been replaced as well.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2016 1:17 AM

Terlesky doesn't look bad. Reminds me a bit of George Eads here. But hot damn, he was just SEX in his youth. So beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2016 1:20 AM

R73 She's not homophobic (a person who fears of gays) or she would be running away from O'Dell in that photo.

She's a hetero-supremacist (a straight person who believes that are in some way superior to someone of a different sexual orientation usually involving religion or politics).

She's so comfortable around gays she will condescending tell them in public (like on the View) that they can't be legitimately married, etc. & many gays like O'Dell & Mario Cantone will still kiss her bigoted *ss as that picture confirms. If they're not being idiots then they are self loathers like that Gay Mafia/party story seems to prove.

It's sad.

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2016 1:21 AM

Tony definitely keeps questionable company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2016 1:28 AM

R77 That seals the deal - he truly is a pathetic Z-list hanger-on.

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2016 1:36 AM

[quote]Toward the end of the show's run, when Howard Hessman was replaced with Billy Connolly, wasn't most of the class also replaced?

I fucking HATED that Billy guy! They should've just cancelled the show as soon as Hessman left.

BTW, did Hessman ever say why he left after only 4 seasons? I remember it was very abruptly.

by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2016 1:37 AM

R77 Thanks for posting that photo. When Paris Hilton had her anti gay anti AIDS rant a few years back, does anyone think she had O'Dell in mind when she said it? Was that pic taken before or after that tirade? Does she have any famous gay/bi friends that could've been the reason for that scene? Charlie Sheen perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2016 1:49 AM

R80 it was taken before. He posted it on facebook on March 4, 2012 and Paris made her anti gay/AIDS rant in September of the same year.

She's a nasty piece of work and a racist too. She got caught on tape calling two black men "dumb n----s" after they walked away from her after asking her very nicely to model for their fashion line.

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2016 2:08 AM

Hilton is just... The dark side of humanity (no pun intended)- and whats worse, she's terrible at sucking cock. Its the only skill she needs.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2016 2:40 AM

[quote]The girl who played Sarah, starred in Bill Cosby's last attempt at feature film stardom, "Ghost Dad", she hasn't been heard from since.

Unless you count playing Paula Patton's lesbian lover in Precious.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2016 2:53 AM

[quote]BTW, did Hessman ever say why he left after only 4 seasons? I remember it was very abruptly.

From Hesseman's imdb bio page:

[quote][on Head of the Class (1986)] We're not doing the show that I was led to believe I'd do, and it's difficult for me to get off that. I don't want to air dirty laundry in public, but I do feel that the educational arena is one that offers a variety of story ideas as a means of investigating our lives -what we mean to one another and what's important. We could do all that with considerable humor, not with jokes, but with genuine humor that comes out of character and situations.

I'm more surprised he lasted 4 seasons. Maybe he couldn't break his contract.

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2016 3:35 AM

Does Tony have a bit of another race in him (not black cock in him but rather another racial background other than Caucasian)?

by Anonymousreply 85January 9, 2016 4:04 AM

It's called a spray tan addiction...

by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2016 4:40 AM

R85, Caucasian, but not WASP. Tony's real name is Anthony Dell'Aquila. Straight up Italian.

by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2016 4:49 AM

Does me "typical human" give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2016 5:56 AM

I thought Hessman left because the show became more focused on the students and less on his character.

by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2016 7:12 AM

Michael DeLorenzo displaying his package in his Fame days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2016 8:05 AM

"I'm more surprised he lasted 4 seasons. Maybe he couldn't break his contract."

I thought Hesseman was famous for working without a contract. Can't imagine anybody getting away with that today.

by Anonymousreply 91January 9, 2016 9:22 AM

[quote] Tony's real name is Anthony Dell'Aquila. Straight up Italian.

That explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 92January 9, 2016 12:20 PM

HOTC was a mediocre show. I thought O'Dell was really cute but his character had nothing going for him.

The mini-cast overhaul took place at the start of the fourth season when the characters of Maria, Janice (thank god) and Jawarhalal were written off and replaced by some blonde chick and Short Round/Data from "Indiana Jones/Goonies" and DeLorenzo. Rainn Pryor had been around as recurring a few seasons prior to that point.

by Anonymousreply 93January 9, 2016 12:54 PM

Lindsay Blaisdel stayed dead on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 94January 9, 2016 12:55 PM

I always thought it was strange that O'Dell had the handsome leading man looks but was not given or made a romantic interest on HOTC, the Brian Robbins character was the heartthrob and he and Haje's character were the primary romantic duo. I would've thought they would've matched O'Dell's character up with Givens' Darlene, but maybe the mixed race thing might have been too controversial for the late '80s.

by Anonymousreply 95January 9, 2016 1:04 PM

[quote]he Brian Robbins character was the heartthrob and he and Haje's character

Robbins had no lower lip or was it upper lip, either way he was missing one of them.

by Anonymousreply 96January 9, 2016 1:51 PM

[quote]HOTC was a mediocre show.

I agree. I just found out that the highest it ever went in the ratings was #20. Not surprised.

And why was the classroom always so dark?

by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2016 6:03 PM

Tony is now an acting coach.

Tannis Vallely and Dan Schneider were smart go get jobs behind the scenes because obviously there would be limited roles available for them.

I think Brian Robbins would've had a decent career as an actor if he continued pursuing it, but he wouldn't have made nearly as much money as he makes as a director/producer.

by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2016 7:03 PM

Krhstyne Haj was beautiful and still is judging from the photos on O'Dell's site.

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2016 10:33 PM

He looks more gay every year

by Anonymousreply 100January 3, 2018 8:31 AM

Brian Robbins had no upper lip

by Anonymousreply 101January 3, 2018 8:32 AM

[quote] I would've thought they would've matched O'Dell's character up with Givens' Darlene, but maybe the mixed race thing might have been too controversial for the late '80s.

After 10 years of [italic]The Jeffersons[/italic], gimme a break!

by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2018 11:10 AM

Antenna TV just started showing "Head of the Class." (The pilot was on yesterday.) It was rather ironic to hear Dan Schneider's character give an impassioned speech about women's rights and sexism.

by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2018 11:58 PM

As to OP's question, this thread can prove helpful in providing an answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2018 2:48 AM

In doing promo interviews for the show, Houseman complained about weak scripts. He was let go after that.

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2018 3:16 AM

It wasn't on the same level of [italic]WKRP[/italic] or even with [italic]One Day at a Time[/italic] which was past its prime when he was on it. It was basically an average show that managed to be less objectionable than [italic]Who's the Boss[/italic] or [italic]Growing Pains[/italic], which were on the same network at the same time and were popular for no good reason whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2018 3:22 AM

I think he is gay. I remember a friend worked in casting and had a crush on him and he seemed to think he was gay. I also saw him at my gym in Burbank in the 90s when I was young and cute and I thought he checked me out. I was too shy to respond but hopeful I'd see him there again but never did.

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2018 4:26 AM

Sexy. Would fuck

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2018 12:16 PM

[quote]One in a long line of Alex Keaton clones on 80s sitcoms,

Who else was an "Alex Keaton clone"?

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2018 2:02 PM

Wow, I had no idea that Haje is almost ten years younger than O'Dell. She looks good, as does Russell.

And the poster who said Arvin looks 70 wasn't kidding. Holy cow! He looks like he did heavy drugs...

I hate Paris Hilton but Tony looks good in that pic. He looked like he didn't age that much from the show (at that point).

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2018 2:25 PM

I’ve met him. He’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote]Who else was an "Alex Keaton clone"?

The guy from Thob

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2019 7:16 AM

"Who else was an "Alex Keaton clone"?"

Jason Bateman

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Nice ass and bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2019 8:36 AM

I watched HOTC because I was a nerd and the right age. But, Welcome Back, Kotter was cooler.

I thought Robin Givens was BEAUTIFUL and was going to be a huge movie star.

by Anonymousreply 115December 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Tight ass and great head giver. Loved bukkake.

by Anonymousreply 116December 5, 2019 11:25 AM

News flash. People age. They look older. Nothing to see here. He looks great.

by Anonymousreply 117December 5, 2019 11:35 AM

He was the Stockard Channing of the 80s

by Anonymousreply 118December 5, 2019 11:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!