Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most Fascinating Serial Killer

My choice is HH Holmes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 27, 2018 9:43 PM

For me it is the Yorkshire Ripper as he was running around when I was a kid in the UK and he freaked out the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2016 10:31 PM

Dahmer.

Any number of you bitches would have taken him home after the bar and you know it!

Fortunately for most of you, he was really mostly "into" (if you can call it that) chocolate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2016 10:36 PM

Gilles de Rais

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2016 10:41 PM

I love these threads!

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2016 11:19 PM

The Green River Killer.

Ann Rule wrote a really good book about the case ('Green River, Running Red').

She talks a lot about victim stories in the book too and it was sad. He got away with it for so long and killed so many women. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2016 11:54 PM

I suppose the Zodiac, although it may be that I find him so interesting because he's a local boy and I was once included in a general threat to all Bay Area schoolchildren.

But I suppose the thing that keeps people interested in him is that he completely got away with it, and probably went on killing after his media heyday ended. In his last letter to the public he basically said that he was going to stop famewhoring and go on killing, For all we know he's alive today, a vicious old man posting on MRA forums, ranting that women ought to be hurt or killed for whatever is bothering him at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2016 11:57 PM

R6, do you believe the Zodiac is still alive? Wasn't he in his thirties in the late 1960s? If he's alive, he must be very, very old.

by Anonymousreply 7January 4, 2016 12:02 AM

I was the hottest serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 8January 4, 2016 12:06 AM

[quote]do you believe the Zodiac is still alive? Wasn't he in his thirties in the late 1960s?

Not only am I still always be, but I even made it to Vice President!

by Anonymousreply 9January 4, 2016 12:08 AM

It's true Bundy was the hottest. And I can totally see Zodiac posting on DL

by Anonymousreply 10January 4, 2016 12:08 AM

R7, all the major, named suspects for the Zodiac are now dead.

But witnesses described him as looking thirtyish or even late twenty-ish in the late sixties, he could have been born as late as 1940 - but probably earlier. So if you guess that he was born between 1925 and 1940, he would be between 75 to 90 today, and plenty of men live that long. There, isn't that a happy thought?

by Anonymousreply 11January 4, 2016 12:14 AM

Dahmer and Richard Ramirez. I also came here to post that this would evolve into a 'hottest serial killer thread" but I'm late to the party.

by Anonymousreply 12January 4, 2016 12:17 AM

Carl Panzram: serial rapist/murderer. Most of his victims were men. A real creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 4, 2016 12:30 AM

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs. These evil little fuckers even videoed their murders, which are still available online...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 4, 2016 12:30 AM

The Texarkana Phantom Killer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 4, 2016 12:52 AM

The UK has by far the most deranged and prolific serial killers to choose from: Harold Shipman, Fred West, Dennis Nilsen (the UK rival to Dahmer), Peter Sutcliffe, Kenneth Erskine and of course Jack the Ripper. Then there were the delightful thrill killers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

by Anonymousreply 16January 4, 2016 1:13 AM

This is such a creepy song about the most disturbing of all killers (to me at least):

Sufjan Stevens, the singer has a beautiful voice, though disturbing material he's singing about:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 4, 2016 1:23 AM

I would say the Zodiac because he seemed to kill for media attention...and once he'd commanded the media's attention, and kept it, he stopped killing.

The coded letters, the creepy "Peek through the pines" card, the poem carved into a desk....all those weird little details stick in your head.

by Anonymousreply 18January 4, 2016 1:32 AM

EAR ONS (East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker), now sometimes called the Golden State Killer is the scariest because he has NOT been caught!! By most expert accounts, most people seem to still think he is alive! And because he was very young during his initial reign of terror, he's not too old yet either (probably 50s).

The video linked below is an actual voice recording he left to one of his victims on her home-phone. WARNING: do not watch if you're alone, scare easily, etc.. It will keep you awake at night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 4, 2016 1:36 AM

This place is so slow lately! These threads used to fill up quite quickly in the not-so-distant past....

by Anonymousreply 20January 4, 2016 1:50 AM

John Waters has a painting by John Wayne Gacy in his guest room; it helps encourage guests to not stay at his house for long.

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2016 1:55 AM

Ed Gein literally sourced everyone from:

Norman Bates

Leather face

Buffalo Bill

Dahmer

The Ripper & Zodiac are the eternal mysteries

Gacy & Ramirez are the 2 that hit close to home as a gay Gen Xer/Cali native

by Anonymousreply 22January 4, 2016 2:05 AM

Andrei Chikatilo

Albert Fish

Peter Kürten

by Anonymousreply 23January 4, 2016 2:08 AM

Toss up between John Wayne Gacy and Randy Kraft.

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2016 2:24 AM

Aileen Wournos

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2016 2:30 AM

Love the Zodiac for all the reasons stated. R11, your last sentence cracked me up.

Bundy was definitely the hottest.

Ramirez might have been the scariest.

Dahmer was just gross and dull. Don't get the fascination.

by Anonymousreply 26January 4, 2016 3:21 AM

Dean Corrl

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2016 3:22 AM

Bible John. He may or may not be behind bars currently, there's a serial killer named Peter Tobin in jail who may also be Bible John. I heard about him from an Inspector Rebus book (Black and Blue) and didn't realise at first he was a real person (the killer, not Rebus).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2016 3:31 AM

I'd never heard of the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs - Jesus Christ that was brutal to read about.

by Anonymousreply 29January 4, 2016 3:40 AM

Agreed, R29. What horrid punks. I hope they get brutally raped and eventually killed in prison. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 30January 4, 2016 3:48 AM

I've never heard of Carl Panzram but he certainly sounds fascinating. A rage filled gay rapist and a serial killer. Total slut.

"In my lifetime I have murdered 21 human beings, I have committed thousands of burglaries, robberies, larcenies, arsons and, last but not least, I have committed sodomy on more than 1,000 male human beings. For all these things I am not in the least bit sorry."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 4, 2016 4:06 AM

"Dnepropetrovsk maniacs"

I tried to say that really fast five times, but I was too hammered.

by Anonymousreply 32January 4, 2016 4:20 AM

I get creeped out by reading about the slow and methodical killers like the Zodiac Killer and The Monster of Florence. To me they're much scarier than the spree killers like the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs or the spur of the moment killers like Dahmer because they plan and plan.

by Anonymousreply 33January 4, 2016 4:47 AM

"A long video showing the three torturing a white kitten was shown in court. It takes place in their garage. The suspects fashioned a cross from wooden boards and nailed the kitten to it, then shot at it with pistols, placing foam and glue in its mouth to muffle the kitten's noises."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2016 8:35 AM

Paul Bernado and Karla Homolka . . . because it takes a special kind of woman to help rape and kill her own sister. And because this blandly good-looking couple resembled Ken and Barbie.

The most chilling part is that Homolka was released after only 12 years. She got a plea deal for testifying against Bernardo; only later did the cops find the videos that proved she was an enthusiastic participant in the torture, raping, and murder--she even directed some of it. After prison, she got married and had kids. She now lives in an undisclosed location under a new name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 4, 2016 9:23 AM

She lives off in some Caribbean Island, R35? Dominica? I forget. She remarried some pathetic sad sack who bought into her psychopathic, charming side.

She lives under the name "Leanne Bordelais" and at one point she had an online business selling "environmentally-friendly diapers" and other baby products! She has three kids of her own, too! Can you imagine?? Way to go Canada.

by Anonymousreply 36January 4, 2016 9:31 AM

R35 She scares the shit out of me. I agree the gifting of the sister to her husband was a whole other level of evil.

by Anonymousreply 37January 4, 2016 10:20 AM

My uncle's current celly was a serial killer, one of those area stranglers in CA. They get along better than my uncle has with any of the previous psychos he's roomed with and he says the strangler is a really nice guy. But, the strangler switches cellies every six months so he doesn't get attached and that time is coming soon.

by Anonymousreply 38January 4, 2016 10:31 AM

I got sucked into the rabbit hole reading about the EARS/ONS killer last night. Super creepy and then there are the people who have devoted websites to catching him and promising they will "out" him soon.

by Anonymousreply 39January 4, 2016 4:38 PM

I agree with OP. HH Homes. Read "The Devil In The White City", or wait for the movie to come out. He was one who killed by sealing people in bank vaults, gassing them, etc. during the Chicago World's fair (1893). There is no available body count, because he had a lime pit/acid barrels/burned people. The University of Chicago Medical School still has one of the skeletons they purchased from him in its archives.

Will he be scarier played by Dicaprio?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 4, 2016 5:16 PM

R39, the EAR ONS/Golden State Killer case is maddening. It seems a lot of people investigating the case seem to be zeroing in on a suspect, and then there are some who think the killer will never be named because they think he is a "VIP." Hmmm, a VIP in Sacramento? Must mean political connotations.

Whoever he is, I hope he is caught soon!

by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2016 7:21 PM

All of the gay serial killers unnerve me. Herb Baumgarten (sp ?) with the mannequins around his pool where he choked out his victims was particularly creepy.

I think Evan Peters' character on AHS: Hotel is based a bit on HH Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 42January 4, 2016 10:10 PM

Andrew Cunnanan. I believe I spoke with him when he was on the run. In a bar, in Boston. He was wearing ill-fitted clothes.

by Anonymousreply 43January 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Cunannan wasn't a serial killer

by Anonymousreply 44January 5, 2016 3:33 AM

Cunanan killed five known people over a period of months, R44. How was he not a serial killer?

Really, I'm interested in your explanation.

by Anonymousreply 45January 5, 2016 3:37 AM

[quote] R2: Dahmer. Any number of you bitches would have taken him home after the bar and you know it!

Maybe. Dahmer does appear handsome in many photos. I suspect, though, that a brief conversation with him would disabuse me, anyway, of any thought of going anywhere with him. I wouldn't have even thought about murder, just that he was too crazy for my patience..

by Anonymousreply 46January 5, 2016 3:38 AM

Still cannot believe that cunt Homolka is walking around free. And has children of her own now. They're in the select group of people whose mother has to tell them about that time she and her husband raped and murdered her own little sister.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2016 3:44 AM

R45:

That is a spree killer.

He killed for practical purposes as opposed to ritual or sexual gratification.

Also, anyone who followed the story knows there was no 'cooling off period'

The whole thing was one continuous crime site as he made his way across the country, it just took 5 months out of logistics.

Serial killers usually:

1. Kill 3+

2. Have a cooling off period between kills

3. Do it to fulfill some sort of ritual need and/or sexual gratification

This fool was only #1. He was a desperate hustler trying to make headlines before going out in a blaze of glory.

Any other questions??

by Anonymousreply 48January 5, 2016 3:45 AM

What was the name of the closeted gay serial killer who had a wife and kids? He would go to gay bars and pick up men when his wife was out of town, kill them, and then bury them on his property. He would place mannequins around the house when his wife and kids were gone.

The gay serial killers scare me because you never know who you're going home with.

by Anonymousreply 49January 5, 2016 3:52 AM

Will I need an umbrella tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 50January 5, 2016 3:53 AM

R49:

That's Herb Baumeister mentioned up thread

by Anonymousreply 51January 5, 2016 3:54 AM

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 5, 2016 3:57 AM

Cunanan was on a mission to get from Hillcrest to South Beach and confront Versace.

His kills along the way were practical decisions to fuel that mission. Think of the dude in Minnesota where he stole the gold coins and the cemetery caretaker in jersey where he stole a truck because CNN was tracking his vehicle...

Does that sound like the Zodiac who wore a costume and wrote letters taunting the media?

Or Dahmer who drilled holes into skulls and poured acid into brains to make sex zombies?

Gacy burying dead rent boys under his own house?

Gein skinning his victims to make lamp shades & masks?

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2016 4:02 AM

What really creeps me out is the fact that literally hundreds of people have disappeared(been killed) on certain highways in California over the past 20 years or so. Who is killing all these motorists?

I don't think people realize how dangerous it is to drive alone at night. I wouldn't do it without a gun or something to protect myself with.

by Anonymousreply 54January 5, 2016 4:03 AM

I'm with R54. Lots of people end up just disappearing in this country whether by accident with no witnesses or otherwise.

I watch way too much ID Disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2016 4:06 AM

R54:

It isn't only Cali...

There is also the I-40 killer near Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas & the 'trail of tears' killer in Alaska, just to name a couple.

Truckers are a huge magnet for serial killers who get away with it

The 'highway hooker' Aileen Wournos also worked the freeways on Florida to do her damage

by Anonymousreply 56January 5, 2016 4:06 AM

I remember the very long and engaging thread we had on the EARS killer a couple years ago or so. Some people had some very good theories.

by Anonymousreply 57January 5, 2016 4:10 AM

The I-45 Corridor Killer in TX is thought to be several truckers just using one dumping ground. Truckers are sometimes called the Knights of the Highway but in reality they hide some sick fucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 5, 2016 4:11 AM

Golden State Killer

Albert Fish

William Bonin

Ed Gein

Denis Rader

by Anonymousreply 59January 5, 2016 4:15 AM

I've always been fascinated by the potential backstory of Son of Sam as a patsy for a satanic cult.

Probably bullshit, but the idea fascinates me

by Anonymousreply 60January 5, 2016 4:19 AM

R58, They did indeed once call truckers the "Knights of the Road" a very long time ago, when the roads were much less congested. Maybe in the 1950s through the 1980s, but I think that nickname was lost decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 61January 5, 2016 4:24 AM

R53, but didn't Cunanan apply duct tape around one victim as if he were wrapping a mummy? Is that less disturbing than Damler's skull holes, and Gein's lampshades?

Perhaps Cunanan might qualify as a "spree killer", rather than a "cereal killer".

by Anonymousreply 62January 5, 2016 4:30 AM

FBI categorizes Cunanan as a serial murderer.

FBI: "In the attempt to better understand violent criminals who murder more than one person, much debate has taken place about classifying such killers. To learn more about these differentiations, take a look at p.15 of a 1986 report by our National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime and the report of a 2008 conference on serial murder. Andrew Cunanan murdered multiple individuals over a period of several months, separated by a “cooling off period,” making him fit the definition of a serial murderer."

by Anonymousreply 63January 5, 2016 4:40 AM

R63:

'Much debate' is the key.

Some admin decision might have changed his classification, but those who study this shit know he is a spree killer

by Anonymousreply 64January 5, 2016 4:55 AM

Hiding out while on the run and being tracked by the media isn't a cooling off period. It's survival...

Any basic criminology student understands that cunanan was constantly on heightened mode once he made his first kill...

The profile is entirely different

by Anonymousreply 65January 5, 2016 4:57 AM

Any FBI agent thinking they can figure out the other killers on this thread by studying cunanan should be fired immediately

by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2016 4:59 AM

I have been known to kill a thread, from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 67January 5, 2016 5:22 AM

R57, the EAR ONS thead here was fascinating. One post in particular skeeved me out, though. It was just a random one-off post by someone who declared that EAR ONS was alive, married and had settled in Irvine as some type of contractor. I forget the exact description. But it was declared so randomly and matter-of-fact: it made me think that poster knew something..

by Anonymousreply 68January 5, 2016 5:30 AM

Nevermind, I used the "archive - search" function and found the post that creeped me out. It was R92 of the below-linked thread, followed-up maybe with R219?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 5, 2016 5:37 AM

I remember that post r69.. The whole thing is creepy!

by Anonymousreply 70January 5, 2016 6:06 AM

Interesting that both Zodiac and EAR/ONS had prime suspects who were prominent citizens. So did JtR, for that matter.

Way to go Ontario Crown Attorney, r36. There was no technical reason to charge Bernardo with the schoolgirls' murders. They had DNA and witnesses (including survivors) on him for serial rapes that would have been legally equivalent to the time he would've received for the murders. (We have no death penalty.) He still would have been eligible for the 'dangerous offender' designation that effectively gave him natural life. Without charging him for French and Mahaffy's deaths, they would not have needed Holmolka's testimony. She could have been charged with the drugging, rape and death of her sister and with another rape. When Bernardo told his first lawyer about the tapes, Holmolka could have been charged in relation to them also.

It was not politically correct, even though it is SOP to not charge serial killers for all their crimes in order in ensure the best legal outcome.

by Anonymousreply 71January 5, 2016 6:07 AM

No love (grins) for Edmund Kemper? The guy played darts with his mom's noggin-as it sat on her mantel.

Jeebuz Cripes....Kemper, The Zodiac, The Trailside Killer, The Zebra Killings. Never mind the Symbionese Liberation Army, the People's Temple murders/mass suicide (yes, they took place in S. America, still..) and the Milk-Moscone murders.

The Bay Area was a scary place to be growing up in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 72January 5, 2016 6:30 AM

The Zodiac and EAR/Ons are both solvable. Before I die, I hope to see the killer IDd and charged if still alive.

Then again, I still think there's a remote chance the Jack the Ripper murders will be solved, so what do I know? Not much.

by Anonymousreply 73January 5, 2016 6:41 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 74January 5, 2016 5:12 PM

Israel Keyes was pretty creepy.

by Anonymousreply 75January 5, 2016 5:22 PM

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 76January 6, 2016 3:50 AM

Andrei Chikatilo, Russian serial killer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 6, 2016 7:32 PM

The saga of Wayne Williams fascinates me because:

1.) He is a token black killer in a domain that is predominantly populated by sick white psychos.

2.) He's local. His killings (or alleged killings) took place in a metropolitan area that is home to me. When I read about the cases, I have a familiarity with some of the locations and can more vividly picture these locations in my mind's eye. For example - I remember shopping at the A&P grocery store where one of the victims was last seen. I can (and have on occasion) leave my house and drive right by these locations in a matter of minutes.

3.) I even have some vague firsthand memories of the Atlanta Child Murders when they were going on. I was not in the prime target group of the killer, it seems - in part because I was a bit younger than the victims tended to be, I was not an inner-city kid (I lived in the East 'burbs - right outside of the actual Atlanta city limits), and I had a more sheltered life with more parental/adult supervision. The vast majority of those kids got snatched as they were roaming around town as though they were grown.

4.) Malignant narcissism and psychopathy can be morbidly fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2016 6:46 AM

These murders hit very close to home; I frequented the same spots he did, was of the demographic he chose to terrorize and he even came into my place of employment. Occasionally, when I visit the McDonalds where the first victim was found, I think of her as I drive by the spot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2016 4:15 PM

r78 that case is extremely fascinating to me also, not least because in the CNN special the reporter claimed, and he admitted, that he was an employee of the CIA at one point. They implied psych ops training. Seriously, no joke.

I've also read various LEOs quoted anonymously over the years who insist that he didn't commit all the murders. They also claim that there were many kids killed in the black community by their families who were labelled as ACM victims. The situation was so racially charged that the detectives were told not to investigate those leads as it would ignite an already tense city. Some black writers, like James Baldwin, think a white supremacist was involved in at least one murder.

by Anonymousreply 80January 7, 2016 4:36 PM

Kitty Dukakis

by Anonymousreply 81January 7, 2016 8:40 PM

What kind of wimps was Carl Panzram going after that they could not fight him off??

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2016 1:22 AM

R80 - oh yeah, I recall that the CIA angle was covered in the CNN Special. I'll have to look into that more. Though Williams came across as a pathological liar and supreme narcissist who enjoyed manipulating Soledad O'Brien (and enjoyed basking in the limelight) - the conspiracy theorist in me takes his suggestions about CIA training fairly seriously. This world is fucked up. A lot of things are within the realm of possibility.

And I tend to think that Williams didn't commit every single murder on "The List" - though I think he did a lot more of them than the two he was officially charged with. I think it's possible that some (or a few) of the kids were killed by family - one in particular has obvious markers of a different type of killing and there has been strong speculation over the years that this female victim was killed by a relative. As for the white-supremacist theory - I tend to think that it's less likely. As a FBI agent pointed out, white killers would have been entirely too conspicuous within the majority-black inner-city areas where these kids lived and/or were last seen. Also - reading some of the victims' biographies gives one the strong impression that they were quite street-savvy kids who wouldn't just be duped by anyone. At the very least, white killers would have had to have created a "scene" to take those kids - they couldn't have done that many murders without someone seeing or hearing something. Perhaps - PERHAPS - a white killer "got lucky" once...but the bulk of my suspicions lay with Williams and others who "blended in" with that environment really well.

And I've read where the famous FBI profiler (John Douglas) says that Williams was not the sole killer of those kids - and that he has a good idea of who the other murderer(s) are - and that the truth "isn't pretty". I wish he would be more forthcoming - the victims' families and the public deserve the full truth!

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2016 2:08 AM

I have two older male cousins who live in North Carolina and who sometimes came down to Atlanta to stay with us during the summertime. During at least one summer during the Atlanta Child Murders, I'm told - my aunt (their mom) flat out refused to let her boys come down here to visit us. Crazy times - I wish I remembered more about that era.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2016 2:13 AM

How paranoid must LA have been when Richard Ramirez, the night stalker, was terrorizing suburban homes at night in the mid-80s?

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2016 2:25 AM

So was DeSalvo the actual Boston Strangler?

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2016 5:04 AM

The Pig Farmer used left over parts of hookers in the sausage he rendored on his farm. He was a Canadian serial killer

Ed Gein's story fascinates me. How do you keep 33 decomposing bodies in your crawl space and no Gladys Kravitz in your vicinity? Gacy was a twisted man too.

I've read before that Ted Bundy had one of the highest IQ's for a killer.

The one with the highest IQ was on the Dating Game once. Sorry the name escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2016 7:01 AM

Netflix needs to make an original series about EAR/ONS/GSK. I would tune in for that!

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2016 6:36 PM

Robert "willie" Pickton, is the pig farmer. That case is interesting because there were many people involved. He was the only one charged, which pissed off a lot of the activists on the Eastside.

r86 probably not. At the very least there were two.

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2016 6:40 PM

R87 I believe his name is Rodney Alcala.

by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2016 7:25 PM

One of the victims of the I-45 Killer was Krystal Jean Baker, Marilyn Monroe's great-niece.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2016 7:31 PM

Robert Ben Rhoades isn't necessarily the most interesting but a photo he took of one of his victims (Regina Kay Walters), allegedly right before she died is haunting and horrific. He is a piece of shit either way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2016 3:29 AM

Joan Lunden's bizarre killing spree will never be equaled.

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2016 4:15 AM

Sorry if I missed this in the thread - skimmed pretty quickly. Have there been any serial killers who targeted men? Not heterosexual couples (men and women together), but just men.

by Anonymousreply 94January 19, 2016 9:29 AM

Carl Panzram

John Wayne Gacy

Colin Ireland

Ronald Dominique

Jeffrey Dahmer

Aileen Wuornos

Dennis Nilsen

Juan Corona

Patrick Kearney

by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2016 9:44 AM

Thank you, R95. Don't know how I forgot about JWG and Dahmer! D'oh! Will have to look the others up. Though doing so right before I hit the sack now doesn't seem like such a smart idea.

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2016 9:46 AM

I forgot the creepiest one, Dean Corll. Definitely save him for the light of day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 19, 2016 9:52 AM

R97, that was a great article, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2016 1:51 PM

There was also the freeway killer William Bonnen

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2016 5:42 PM

R97, that is the saddest, most disgusting thing I have read in a very long time.

The Houstin police force reminds me of the Soviets police in "Child 44", the 2015 movie with Tom Hardy. The movie is worth a watch for the Soviet era period details.

by Anonymousreply 100January 19, 2016 6:44 PM

R97

The Candy Man one of the worst. I didn't read the article but I've watched a crime show episode that profiled him. Didn't he have one of the teens he molested bring boys to him?

by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2016 8:19 PM

R101:

I think that same teen pimp is the one who eventually killed him

by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2016 8:20 PM

[quote]Most Fascinating Serial Killer

Cap'n Crunch's assassin.

by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2016 8:21 PM

R102

Do you know what happened to the teen pimp?

by Anonymousreply 104January 19, 2016 8:24 PM

R104:

He was sentenced to life

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2016 8:30 PM

His name is Elmer Wayne Henley if you want to read up on him

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2016 8:35 PM

Karla Homolka married her lawyers brother!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 19, 2016 8:44 PM

Thanks R105 R106

I always wonder how serial killers who have partners find one another.

by Anonymousreply 108January 19, 2016 10:59 PM

R108:

My understanding is that Henley was brought by another teen as a potential victim, but Corll took a liking to him and instead offered him the chance to be a couple conspirator.

Henley claims he resisted at first, but eventually gave in because he needed the money and began bringing other teens to the torture house for marijuana and cash.

by Anonymousreply 109January 19, 2016 11:16 PM

Imagine how many people/children go missing every year and their disappearances are never solved.

by Anonymousreply 110January 20, 2016 1:33 AM

Another vote for Ed Gein, but before you judge, please note -- he liked cats and dogs and fed them from bowls he made from human skulls, which were among the following found in his house:

Whole human bones and fragments

Wastebasket made of human skin

Human skin covering several chair seats

Skulls on his bedposts

Female skulls, some with the tops sawn off

Bowls made from human skulls

A corset made from a female torso skinned from shoulders to waist

Leggings made from human leg skin

Masks made from the skin from female heads

Mary Hogan's face mask in a paper bag

Mary Hogan's skull in a box

Bernice Worden's entire head in a burlap sack

Bernice Worden's heart "in a plastic bag in front of Gein's potbellied stove"

Nine vulvae in a shoe box

A young girl's dress and "the vulvas of two females judged to have been about fifteen years old"

A belt made from female human nipples

Four noses

A pair of lips on a window shade drawstring

A lampshade made from the skin of a human face

Fingernails from female fingers.

by Anonymousreply 111January 20, 2016 2:36 AM

I'm not sure she's a true serial killer, but Blanche Taylor Moore was the famous killer of my childhood. Five victims, all of whom were family or lovers. I remember thinking if the supermarket check-out lady could be a killer, then anyone could.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 20, 2016 3:19 AM

[quote]Nine vulvae in a shoe box

That would have to be the most awesome name for a band EVER!

by Anonymousreply 113January 20, 2016 12:05 PM

r44 Are you one of Cunanan's little bar buddies?

by Anonymousreply 114January 20, 2016 4:02 PM

Charlie Manson, while it has never been proven that he killed anyone himself, he did convince other people to kill for him. It fascinates me how people can be so easily convinced to do that.

by Anonymousreply 115January 20, 2016 4:12 PM

Manson??? Pffft, R15. He was an amateur!

by Anonymousreply 116January 20, 2016 4:24 PM

Donald "Pee Wee" Gaskins

If you never heard of him, read about it. He even killed while on death row.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 20, 2016 4:34 PM

R44 Technically may be correct. There are law enforcement distinctions between use of terms "serial" killers and "spree" killers.

by Anonymousreply 118January 20, 2016 4:39 PM

What does the pic in R117 have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 119January 20, 2016 5:43 PM

R117 you click the link nitwit.

by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2016 7:06 PM

The most disturbing part of R97's link for me was that the co-conspirators targeted their friends for capture, including their so-called best friends. How disturbed were they that they felt nothing while these people they knew were raped and tortured?

by Anonymousreply 121January 20, 2016 7:20 PM

The Servant Girl Annihilator - killed black servant girls, and a couple of well-off white women, in Austin, Texas in the 1880s

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2016 12:42 AM

One little-known serial killer who is one of faves is Jane Toppen, or "Jolly Jane," as the tabloids called her. She was a Boston-areavnurse who poisoned at least 30 people, and quite possibly many, many more. She was active in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and her victims included her patients as well as friends and family (including her foster sister). She enjoyed lying on top of her victims and pleasuring herself while they were in their death throes. After she was finally caught, she shocked authorities when she admitted that killing people gave her a sexual thrill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2016 10:37 AM

For me, the most fascinating serial killer in recent times was Mexico's Old Lady Killer. In the late 90s through the mid-00's, close to 50 Mexico City women aged 60 or older were robbed, then strangled or bludgeoned to death. In spite of massive publicity about the murders, for many years the killer remained elusive. Then in 2006 the murderer was finally taught. It turned out to be a 49-year old woman named Juana Barraza, a professional lady wrestler in the masked "lucha libre" tradition. She ended up being convicted for 11 murders, though authorities believed she committed dozens more.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2016 10:55 AM

Wasn't there a serial killer who chose his victims based on their birth month?

That's pretty crazy r124. I've never heard of that case.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2016 9:57 PM

I think criminal minds did an episode based on R124

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2016 10:01 PM

Heriberto Seda picked his victims by astrological sign.

[quote]A consummate media whore, Heriberto picked his moniker from the elusive "Zodiac Killer" who stalked San Francisco between 1966 and 1974 and claimed to have killed more than 37 people. He also sent letters to the police boasting of a demented plot to slaughter people purposefully selected by their astrological sign, one for each of the dozen signs. At first, the police thought it was a hoax.

[quote]On March 8, 1990, he proved them wrong. Heriberto, wearing a ski mask shot Mario Orosco, a Scorpio, in the back and left him for dead. 21 days later, he attacked German Montenedro, a Gemini, who also survived. May 31, 1990, he attacked Joseph Proce, a Taurus, who died in the hospital three weeks later. A note found near him bore a pie-shaped picture with the symbols for the signs of the first three victims and a message that read: "Zodiac -- Time to die!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 24, 2016 10:10 PM

I see D.a.v.i.d.a is bumping her stupid murder/serial killer/supernatural/Satanist threads..

Boring life, eh poo shoes?

by Anonymousreply 128January 24, 2016 10:13 PM

Will you shut up about thinking Poo Shoes is behind every post you don't like? No sane person cares about her, so get the fuck over your obsession!

You've become more annoying than she is.

by Anonymousreply 129January 24, 2016 10:17 PM

Amen R129

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2016 10:19 PM

Dick Cheney

by Anonymousreply 131January 24, 2016 10:24 PM

Yup

Poo shoes

by Anonymousreply 132January 24, 2016 10:28 PM

r123, that was really interesting. Where did you hear about her?

I would guess that poison is the main weapon that female serial killers use to kill their prey.

by Anonymousreply 133January 25, 2016 12:28 AM

I wonder about people who are fascinated with serial killers. They tend to exhibit a sort of glee over how awful or brutal given serial killers are, then dive back in to learn more said crimes and killers. It reminds me of homophobes who are fascinated with gays, then turn out to be gay themselves.

by Anonymousreply 134January 25, 2016 12:32 AM

R120, you are the nitwit. The guy on the sofa reading the newspaper with his dog at his side has nothing -- absolutely nothing -- to do with Donald "Pee Wee" Gaskins.

by Anonymousreply 135January 25, 2016 12:37 AM

Homophobes lash out through anger, hostility, oppression, and even violence due to self loathing and frustration.

Serial killer groupies glorify and cheer on out of fascination with the morbid and feeling ineffective in their lives.

The motivations are completely different and the analogy at R134 makes no sense...

by Anonymousreply 136January 25, 2016 12:38 AM

There is a true crime museum in Washington DC in the area between the Capitol building and White House. In the lobby of museum, they have on display one of the cars Ted Bundy used to commit his murders.

I did not buy a ticket to go into the museum. Just seeing that car in the lobby was enough to give me nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 137January 25, 2016 2:22 AM

R135, R119 Missy, take your fat index finger and click the link. The pic is the auto link photo for the webpage. You got defecated matter for brains.

by Anonymousreply 138January 26, 2016 1:06 PM

Randy Kraft.

by Anonymousreply 139April 29, 2016 8:35 PM

Ted Cruz

by Anonymousreply 140April 30, 2016 12:38 AM

R14 yes they are creepy. I am sure some men here would have taken home Randy Kraft or Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2016 12:51 AM

The Green River Killer was able to rack up so many victims because the fucking cops were so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2016 12:53 AM

Slave masters.

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2016 12:59 AM

I never thought Wayne Williams killed those children and since he is still alive, I think a lot of people doubt it was him.

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2016 2:28 AM

Why do you believe that r144? They matched forensic evidence to him, and he did kill them or at least one kid.

The east area rapist intrigues me. He has not been caught or identified.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2016 2:46 AM

David Parker Ray from Truth or consequences New Mexico who lived near elephant butte lake.

by Anonymousreply 146May 24, 2016 2:04 AM

Was that the dude who converted a storage container into a torture chamber?

by Anonymousreply 147May 24, 2016 2:06 AM

Randy Kraft -- convicted of murdering and mutilating 16 young men/boys, but suspected of murdering between 50 to 100. He has been on death row since 1989. End his life already, California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 24, 2016 2:44 AM

I hope they keep him alive just to piss off Republicans like you, r148

by Anonymousreply 149May 24, 2016 8:49 PM

Bill Clinton

by Anonymousreply 150May 24, 2016 8:51 PM

@149 .......... i changed my mind, you're right.

by Anonymousreply 151May 25, 2016 3:08 AM

Gary Ray Bowles, who picked up older gay men, lived off their generosity for a while, then killed them brutally.

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2016 2:55 AM

No votes for president Duterte?

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2016 3:07 AM

Some Australian ones -

Snowtown murders The Granny Killer Ivan Milat the backpacker killer- most of the Milat family are batshit crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2016 3:33 AM

Ugh sorry....bad spacing.

Snowtown murders

The Granny Killer

Ivan Milat the backpacker killer - most of the Milat family are batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2016 3:35 AM

This is a great, creepy article by someone who spent a couple of hours hanging out with Randy Kraft--and might easily have been one of his victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2016 5:27 AM

The Doodler was a young African-American serial killer active in San Francisco in the 1970s. He got his nickname because he hung out in gay bars and would offer to draw sketches of his pick-ups--and then proceed to take them home and murder them.

The Doodler killings have never been solved, but apparently the cops did have a strong suspect. One reason the guy was never prosecuted was that several of his near-victims, who were attacked by him but survived, were non-cooperative witnesses. They didn't want to go public and be outed. At least one of them was said to be a well-known celebrity. I've always wondered who that was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2016 5:52 AM

Landru

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2016 9:27 AM

r157, I also wondered which celeb got involved with "The Doodler"

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2016 11:57 PM

Does anyone here believe that the East Area Rapist is still alive?

by Anonymousreply 160March 9, 2018 8:41 PM

^ Yes.

by Anonymousreply 161March 10, 2018 6:12 AM

Ted Bundy could get it any time!

by Anonymousreply 162March 10, 2018 6:21 AM

Belle Gunnes: She killed most of her suitors and boyfriends, and her two daughters, Myrtle and Lucy. She may also have killed both of her husbands and all of their children. Her apparent motives involved collecting life insurance, cash and other valuables, and eliminating witnesses. Reports estimate that she killed between 25 and 40 people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 10, 2018 6:18 PM

I posted about him in another thread similar to this but Robert Berdella is the creepiest fucker I can think of. When I first heard about him stupid me went on a site that included a picture he'd taken of a victim mid-torture. That was years ago and I still can't scrub the image from my brain. He freaks me out more than Corll since he kept some of his victims alive for weeks torturing and starving them to try and turn them into brainless sex slaves. I can't think of anything worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 10, 2018 9:28 PM

Those guys Leonard Lake and Charles Ng were evil. Fucking evil. So evil that I think even the inquiring media is either scared to know what they did or perhaps they do know but that shit is too awful to ever be put in print or released otherwise. I don't think even the sleaziest tabloid or book publisher could justify it. Just not in the interest of the public good. Nothing to be learned from further study by the academic community, nothing of merit for community safety. They're the stuff of nightmares.

And Cricket was and is one ugly cunt. Leonard resorted to rape because the only thing he got willingly was that.

I've researched serial killers, mass murderers and other assorted deviants for the past twenty years and they are by far the most disturbing. Sicker than Bundy, Dahmer, the Manson family, John Bunting, etc...

I think we can safely say there were video tapes made....whether or not they still exist is another question. I think we can also conclude that there were whole families including young children and infants that were abducted and murdered. Possibly raped. Possibly recorded. I think what we know about these individuals is perhaps the tip of the iceberg. Cricket or Claralyn Balazs Kessler got immunity for 17 of the 28 or more murders, and helped Lake lure victims.

Lake isn't talking. He knew the jig was up and swallowed cyanide. Ng fled to Canada like a bitch and fought extradition for years. He isn't talking, or cooperating for thar matter. I also think that he may be retarded. The cops aren't talking and never will. Lake's girlfriend Cricket should be in prison but is free, remarried, and lives in Pacifica CA under the name Claralyn Balazs Kessler. She can be seen in the video in the last part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 27, 2018 9:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!