Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Gay Movies 2016

Here's a list of new gay related movies in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2018 5:35 PM

Gotta love OP for having "recently viewed" (which means he went into their page, not that he saw the film necessarily):

Portrait of a Showgirl

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2016 9:36 AM

R1, I searched for "LGBT movies 2016" and the imdb link was literally the first link to pop up.

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2016 9:41 AM

BTW: I wanted to post a wiki link, but wiki doesn't even have a list of LGBT movies for 2016 yet. There'll probably be more movies listed eventually.

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2016 9:44 AM

They are almost all lez lez films

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2016 10:54 AM

Yes, OP, but once you enter IMDb, at the bottom of the page it lists the last places that IP number (i.e. Your Computer) has visited within IMDb. In your case, there she is at least he end of the line, Ms. Lesley Ann Warren.

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2016 11:01 AM

Oh I have egg on my face. I thought the link you provided was a snapshot but it's a live link (I just tried it) so the whole Portrait of a Showgirl history is MINE, not yours.

Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2016 11:05 AM

R4, I know. It's depressing but it's just as hard as ever for gay movies to make it. Lesbians are accepted in today's society, there's lesbians on all tv shows today and lesbian movies are all easier to get green-lit than gay movies. Just remember what happened to Behind The Candelabra. Also.. I've literally been waiting a decade for The Dreyfus Affair to be made. I doubt it ever will, sadly. But there's a couple of movies this year that I look forward to. You may have seen RJ and Will (Youtube royalties) at the set of Something Like Summer. The movie is set to premiere in 2016. King Cobra with Garrett Clayton is also set for a 2016 premiere.

PS: there's a bunch of movies made in 2014/15 that will probably end up on dvd this year, Those People, Holding The Man, Stonewall etc.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2016 11:30 AM

4th Man Out looks really funny and cute.

PS: it's geoblocked outside of USA, so you need to use Hola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2016 5:28 PM

I just saw this movie. I think it's from 2015, but still fairly new. It was good, with a solid story and good acting, but you could tell the budget was low. And yes, that is Paul from Eastenders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2016 1:52 PM

R9 OP said 2016 movies, so most of these Gay films will probably be coming up in the next few film festivals.

It seems like the Bro films are going to become a genre of its own. I wonder if there was any good gay films at Sundance.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2016 2:27 PM

Seems like once again most movies are lesbian, but there's a few gay themed movies too, R10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2016 2:41 PM

[quote]4th Man Out looks really funny and cute.

I watched this movie last year at a film festival, it was a good one.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2016 2:49 PM

I watched 4th Man Out last weekend (it's on iTunes). It's predicable and bro-y and vanilla, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2016 2:56 PM

R13

Does the guy get a man of his own at least? I may have to get from itunes

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2016 3:48 PM

This one looks really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2016 12:03 PM

No film in the Eating Out franchise?

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2016 12:13 PM

Let me guess, OP. The gay films of 2016 will include the following themes:

Super-sexy gay guy falls in love with super sexy hustler

Super-sex hustler falls in love with super-sexy gay guy

Sexy white virgin twink falls in love with sexy white straight best friend...who shockingly turns out to be gay by the end of the movie.

Closeted married man falls for sexy stranger that he meets in a bar. Unfortunately, the sexy stranger is not ready for commitment!

DL brotha has affair with another DL brotha and only their respective multi-cultural group of friends know....until their wives find out!

Then the obligatory, super sexy foreign film with explicit gay sex scenes and a crime or murder to solve.

Does that about cover it?

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Holding The Man and 4th Man Out can now be found online. Both are great movies.

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2016 2:30 PM

4th Man Out was really good.

I've stopped expecting much of these low-budget indie movies, but this was really a lot higher-quality than most. I'm curious how they managed to afford both Chord Overstreet and Parker Young, who are just famous enough to cost more. The guy was really hot too.

by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2016 11:00 PM

Those People is from 2015, but will be released June this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2016 1:53 PM

This movie looks pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2016 9:03 PM

I like Bro flicks

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2016 9:51 PM

That is not egg on your face. It's cum.

by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2016 10:07 PM

Some examples of "Bro flicks," R22?

by Anonymousreply 24April 23, 2016 10:09 PM

What happened to the Channing Tatum as a gay guy who dates someone average movie via bridesmaids director Paul Feig?

by Anonymousreply 25April 23, 2016 11:25 PM

The sausage coming out scene was a classic.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2016 5:05 AM

I like this search result better, OP; 26 titles as opposed to your 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2016 5:15 AM

That was the best part of 4th man out, when he thinks his mother doesn't understand he's gay so he grabs a sausage from his dad's hand and slides it in and out of his mouth like a penis to demonstrate what being gay is. Just hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2016 9:56 PM

4th Man Out is now on Netflix here in Norway, probably in other countries too. Just in case someone wants to see it :)

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2016 2:40 PM

Any recommendations for gay male movies on Netflix or Amazon prime?

by Anonymousreply 30May 20, 2016 8:18 PM

LOL no it doesn't R21. It look awful. They literally give away the plot in the trailer and the acting is terrible. It's not Shelter or Beautiful Thing.

by Anonymousreply 31May 20, 2016 8:38 PM

Anyone going to the Inside Out festival in Toronto? If so, what movies are you planning on seeing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Exclusive clip from Departure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2016 2:28 PM

The Fair Haven movie looks good. Michael Grant is a fine young actor making his way, looks like a good little flick!!

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2016 2:41 PM

Is King Cobra ever going to screen anywhere that isn't Tribeca? Even as a VOD or something?

Oh look, there's Closet Monster, starring DL Fave Connor Jessup.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2016 2:46 PM

This thread means nothing without nudity and sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2016 2:51 PM

One more..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2016 6:19 PM

R4, there are many gay (male) movies screening at gay festivals this year, who knows if any of them will be released, but here is a list:

Fair Haven

Kiss Me, Kill Me

Akron

Closet Monster

King Cobra

Loev

Front Cover

Departure

Those People

Paris 05:59: Theo & Hugo

North Mountain

Holding The Man

Downriver

I Promise You Anarchy

Esteros

Miles

Other People

Jonathan

Fire Song

Liebmann

Unce Howard

The Nest

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2016 6:44 PM

R36, here you go :) From the French movie Paris 05:59: Theo & Hugo. It contains an 18 minute gay orgy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2016 6:48 PM

[quote]Is King Cobra ever going to screen anywhere that isn't Tribeca? Even as a VOD or something?

Presumably. They still haven't announced any distribution information. Hopefully it won't end up like "I am Michael" and never get released. I don't think that will happen though.

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2016 6:49 PM

Alex Lawther, one of the leads in Departure, is the actor who portrayed young Alan Turing in The Imitation Game. He was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2016 6:56 PM

R41, do you know if he's gay? I saw an interview with him and his answers made me wonder. I can't tell if he's gay or just British though. I mean.. he pings my gaydar, but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2016 7:05 PM

He could be, or at least he really likes playing gay roles. He's also going to be in the upcoming LGBT drama 'Freak Show' with Bette Midler and Abigail Breslin.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2016 7:10 PM

R43, he talked about diversity and stuff in the interview so I was like hmm.. but it could also be like you said, he just likes playing gay roles, idk. British guys often mess up my gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2016 7:13 PM

[quote]Presumably. They still haven't announced any distribution information. Hopefully it won't end up like "I am Michael" and never get released. I don't think that will happen though.

Isn't I Am Michael supposed to be terrible, though? King Cobra got decent reviews.

Although who doesn't want to see the Franco/Quinto/Charlie Carver three-way?

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2016 7:46 PM

I don't know, R45. Closet Monster won Best Canadian Feature at TIFF last year, but it still doesn't have a release date.

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2016 7:39 AM

I just saw Those People. I have been looking forward to this movie for a year now, so needless to say I was glad I finally got to see it. Idk what to say, it was a good movie, although maybe not as good as I expected. I won't spoil anything, but the ending was not that satisfying. I mean.. everyone got closure I guess, and it made sense, but it wasn't the happy ending I expected. Even so.. it was the *right* ending for the characters. All of the characters grew. The movie was great in character development and cinematography. It was a beautiful movie. You even felt sorry for Sebastian, who was quite selfish. You knew he was damaged and deep down he himself knew he was messed up, but in the end he showed he had morals, he knew right from wrong, unlike his dad. He was right though when he said his dad wasn't his family, his friends were his real family. In the end they will always have each other.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Loved "Those People". Is Jason Ralph gay?

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2016 1:37 PM

This looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2016 1:56 PM

Apologies for bumping a thread this old, but I just saw Fair Haven after the teaser above caught my attention. It's not bad, actually! R31 is right, the trailer gives away the plot, and generally speaking the plot is formulaic and too convenient. What kept me watching were the performances, which weren't OTT or super-OOC as they are in too many gay films. The acting gets more natural as the film goes on. I actually agreed with the dad when he was trying to guide the lead character to choose the family business over music as it was a more stable and convenient option....I must be getting old.

The soundtrack is also pretty good - gentle piano mostly. The lead actually plays the piano well. Overall, worth a watch if you don't mind cliches too much.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2017 6:12 AM

This thread means nothing without links to the movies' gay sex clips.

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2017 2:21 PM

I loved Esteros, it's an Argentine movie. The guys are hot and have great chemistry and it has a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2017 6:06 PM

The trailer for Something Like Summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2017 7:52 PM

Wait, Something Like Summer actually got made?

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 54March 11, 2017 11:54 PM

The novel of Something Like Summer is perfectly serviceable, but I wish we could put our resources towards indie films that aren't quite so...generic.

I also kind of have a problem with the way the plot resolves.

by Anonymousreply 55March 15, 2017 11:18 PM

I finally saw Akron the other day. It's a good movie. The characters have chemistry and it has a happy ending. However, the story is mostly fluff. There is some angst, you could see the "twist" coming a mile away. The story is ok, if you want a cute and romantic gay movie, this is it. But don't watch for a great story, because it doesn't have one.

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2017 2:33 PM

I liked Akron too. For such a low budget affair, the two leads acquitted themselves pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2017 3:19 PM

Is this the same guy as Hunting Season/ Something like Summer? I swear it seems like he is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2017 3:51 PM

I forgot to say the vid is NSFW. I really think that's the actor from the Hunting Season/Something Like Summer

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2017 3:52 PM

I would like a feature length of that shower dance

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2017 4:12 PM

Don't think that's Ben Baur, but I could be wrong.

Also, sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2017 4:22 PM

Did anyone see the schizophrenia movie? Was it as bad as the review?

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2017 7:19 PM

How about the Pride and Prejudice abortion set in contemporary Virginia?

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2017 7:20 PM

I have no idea what movie you're talking about, R62, or you, R63.

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2017 7:52 PM

The newest Marco Berger film Taekwondo(2016) was probably his weakest outing. I mean don't get me wrong, the random male nudity that had no need to be there but was included in the film none the less was appreciated, but the film just dragged on and on. I almost wished it had been a series. One, it had too many leads. There were some good little scenes between the guys here and there, but in the end it amounted to nothing because the focus was clearly on the two gays. After Plan B and Hawaii, he needs to add a new formula, maybe the couple getting together during the start of the film and take it from there as oppose to a movie of endless courting with a reward at the end. I want to see him explore an already established gay relationship through his lens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2017 8:46 PM

Sadly most "gay" movies are just vehicles to show cock and terrible acting?

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2017 8:48 PM

Before the Fall, a movie which has literally no resemblances to Pride and Prejudice at all, but borrowed some of the character names just to fuck with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2017 11:04 PM

The schizophrenia movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2017 11:09 PM

Good cover of Regina Spektor in the Something Like Summer trailer. I wonder if that's the actor's actual voice.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2017 11:33 PM

I had no idea they're making Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2017 2:25 PM

The Prydain Chronicles were awesome though.

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Well here is the cast and crew. It's being shot in Atlanta and they didn't involve the Masseys?! Sacre bleu!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2017 4:40 PM

Yes, r45, I Am Michael is just a boring, non-movie about an unlikeable man.

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2017 5:52 PM

I just watched Viva this morning

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Yes, r10, there were some excellent gay movies at Sundance this year.

Call Me By Your Name, God's Own Country and Beach Rats are all movies you're going to hear about this year.

I posted my reviews on Datalounge threads already, so you can search for our discussions.

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2017 5:56 PM

[quote]I had no idea they're making Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda.

At least Colto got a few days work out of it.

by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2017 6:18 PM

R76, why was Colton hired? Isn't he a bit old to play a teenager? Colton is like 30 ffs.

by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2017 8:23 AM

This movie looks really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2017 2:50 PM

Center of My World (Trailer)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 6, 2017 2:00 PM

Since R78 isn't working anymore.. this should work. The movie's name is God's Own Country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 6, 2017 2:06 PM

4K remaster of Maurice.

The only place I know it's going to play is the Quad Cinema in NYC, but I can't believe they wouldn't find other art house places in other cities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 6, 2017 2:35 PM

Is this the David Ehrenstein of whom some of you shriek from time to time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 6, 2017 2:43 PM

This is from Center of My World

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 6, 2017 6:30 PM

And this..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 6, 2017 6:31 PM

Gemini

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2017 6:09 AM

It wasn't that long when Myanmar was under dictatorship rule. Wow

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2017 6:17 AM

Say what?? Maurice is returning to theaters????

I think I am going to cry!

by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2017 6:24 AM

For the ladies:

Me, Myself and Her (Io e lei), 2015, Italy

Long Story Short (Lang historie kort), 2015, Denmark

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2017 6:30 AM

I know R86 and Indonesia had a movie with a gay storyline in it that came out almost 14 years back. It became one of the most successful movies awards wise and won all the top awards at their equivalent of the Oscars although today you wouldn't know it with the homophobia coming out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2017 7:52 AM

Can we PLEASE keep lesbian movies out of this thread? You can start your own LESBIAN MOVIE THREAD if you want.

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2017 10:15 AM

There is nudity in Die Mitte der Welt (Center of My World). I just saw the movie. It was VERY good, don't get me wrong, but the ending annoyed me so much.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2017 7:22 AM

As You Are

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2017 8:05 PM

How about for 2017?

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2017 1:17 PM

R93, it's ok to continue this thread from 2016. We aren't exactly swimming in gay movies. Besides, some movies made in 2016 will have a 2017 release, so there's no point in making a new thread every year imo.

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2017 1:19 PM

This looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2017 1:19 PM

@ R39 only the very first 18 or so minutes are the orgy. The rest of the movie is completely differently - and absolutely wonderful. A little bit like Weekend then. Full movie is here (with English subtitles). I can highly recomment it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2017 6:49 PM

I watched that Pride & Prejudice movie. It wasn't very good. Terrible acting, boring and the straight couple got more screen time than the gay couple. The ending was cute though, finally a gay movie with a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 97June 1, 2017 7:07 AM

Best movie I saw is Being 17, I loved the characters and the story was pretty good and not a devastating ending.

And now for what people care about: Hot actors, shocking full frontal nudity, good sex scene.

I found the movie online with bad put passable english subtitles. Would recommend it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2017 8:06 AM

This movie looks awful, but I'll see it anyway for the hot Spanish guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2017 5:50 PM

First preview clip from Something Like Summer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 3, 2017 8:17 PM

The guy has a nice voice.

God, do elements of that story bother me.

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2017 8:45 PM

Oh god, they fucked the story. The blond guy is a terrible actor. I almost wanted to laugh during the bathtub scene.

What a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2017 9:06 PM

There's a homosexual character in the new movie version of My Cousin Rachel. His character isn't gay in the book, and making him gay in the film undercuts the ambiguity that exists in Du Maurier's novel.

by Anonymousreply 103June 11, 2017 3:48 AM

Speech & Debate trailer. Austin plays gay again in this movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2017 5:19 PM

Kept Boy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2017 5:43 PM

They're making a Spanish version of 4th Man Out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2017 7:51 AM

Ohhh , that remake appears to have more of a personality than the actual "4th Man Out," which had a great lead but a whimper of a third act. So the straight best friend actually finds himself a little jealous that his friend finally found himself another man? lol This is what was missing in the original film, the dynamic of the two friends felt cold towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2017 8:14 AM

[quote]Kept Boy

They made a movie out of a twenty-year-old book? One that I'm betting I'm one of its few readers.

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2017 1:34 AM

I just saw Something Like Summer. It was not very good. Some catchy songs and cute scenes but it was clearly made on a very low budget, the acting was atrocious and the script was a mess. I think Ben had chemistry with Jace but not with Tim, even though Tim is absolutely gorgeous. You could tell the actor playing him is straight, he wasn't comfortable playing gay. Also, I don't know how believable it is that someone like Tim would fall for a guy like Ben, let alone Ben at one point having two guys fight for him, lol. Ben is a 3 and Tim is an 8.

by Anonymousreply 109October 7, 2017 6:56 PM

Love, Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 13, 2017 9:11 PM

My Best Friend (Mi Mejor Amigo)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2017 9:12 PM

My Friend Dahmer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2017 9:13 PM

[quote]Some catchy songs and cute scenes but it was clearly made on a very low budget, the acting was atrocious and the script was a mess.

Consider the source material.

by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2017 9:26 PM

[quote]Also, I don't know how believable it is that someone like Tim would fall for a guy like Ben, let alone Ben at one point having two guys fight for him, lol. Ben is a 3 and Tim is an 8.

I had the same problem with the book. Not that the characters aren't matched for looks, but because Jace is there only to be wonderful and then die tragically so that Ben ends up with the really hot guy. He's just a placeholder.

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2018 4:15 PM

I just watched a documentary on Netflix called Uncle Howard about a gay filmmaker (Bloodhounds of Broadway) that has a lot of footage of early 80's NYC, such an amazing and creative time. Of course, also a horrible time because of AIDS. The footage was fascinating to me because it captures a time just before when no one knew what was about to happen. I hope that doesn't come across as morbid! The artist's story is interesting, though.

by Anonymousreply 115February 11, 2018 1:48 AM

Just watched Epouse moi mon pote, and it was very funny with a happy end, totally recommended.

by Anonymousreply 116May 3, 2018 5:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!