Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Talk To Me Marlon

I watched this new Marlon Brando documentary on Showtime. It is very interesting because it is narrated by his own recordings. There is not one voiceover from some celebrity/narrator.

I highly recommend it.

My god this guy was probably one of the most stunning men in his prime. Half way through there is this camera test in the studio, clearly to see how he looks at every angle on camera. I don't think I have ever seen someone look so handsome.

Marlon Brando was very sensitive and I think he suffered from severe depression. I do agree with a lot of his views on life.

I was reading about his behavior (on IMDB) on Mutiny On The Bounty and this guy was off the rails!!!

Very complex and charismatic man- really cool documentary.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 9:29 AM

i'll just put this here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Did he mention Wally Cox?

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2015 12:23 PM

The one thing that has always surprised and even dismayed me is his loathing of acting; that he considered it worthless.

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2015 12:26 PM

R3, perhaps he considered it worthless, because he couldn't be stable in his personal life. His road was not a smooth one.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2015 1:05 PM

LISTEN TO ME MARLON, not "Talk to Me Marlon."

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2015 1:32 PM

So sad in his later years. I think he was bipolar because of all the rage and then deep down self loathing. So sad...one of our greatest actors of all time. :(

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2016 12:43 AM

I always think he was a bit like Johnny Depp, not very intelligent, nasty behind the scenes, try hard. They made this snuff movie together. He was good friends with Michael Jackson. The guy was icky and loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2016 12:54 AM

Listen to Me Marlon documentary is just a whitewashing sugarcoated fluff.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2016 3:30 AM

I just watched this. He's so gorgeous. Lots of pictures and clips I've never seen. What an artist.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2018 12:27 AM

He seemed to get bored with acting and considered it a ridiculous profession, yet he continued to make movies. Did they show footage from Eleanor Coppola's "Hearts of Darkness"?: he really played the fool on the "Apocalypse Now" shoot.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2018 12:41 AM

I found it very compelling. What struck me most is that all his life problems really did seem to stem from his early childhood with his alcoholic mother and abusive father. He was a smart, sensitive child who was desperate to be close to his mother but she was emotionally unavailable to him and he seems to have developed a bit of an attachment disorder as a result.

As a young man he was breathtakingly sexy and charismatic, had so much raw energy, so much testosterone, and was seducing everyone left and right. But he never settled down, formed or maintained a loving LTR (other than his friendship/fb relationship with Wally). He fathered way too many kids and didn't parent them at all. As he lost his hair and lost control of his waistline he had no ability to reign himself in. The man had no solid foundation. He became a morbidly obese, lonely, paranoid, miserable recluse and spent thousands of hours talking to himself and tape recording his reflections to see if he could sort out the source of his problems and find a solution to his unhappiness.

He was so magnificent and in many ways so insightful, yet you watch the documentary and end up thinking how in the end, all his looks, talent, fame, and fortune amounted to nothing. I don't envy him.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2018 12:57 AM

Yes that about sums it up. But all the early footage and photographs are touching.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2018 8:53 AM

OP, by "new," you mean almost four years old?

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2018 9:25 AM

It's an OLD thread snark face R13. I searched and bumped it yesterday out of courtesy, despite the OP getting the documentary title wrong.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2018 9:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!