Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Freddy's Revenge: Nightmare on Elm Street 2

On Netflix...

Seriously, now what public school system in their right mind would hire Freddy Krueger to drive one of their buses?

Was it one of those situations where he just happened to have a CDL and they were in desperate need or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2020 9:16 PM

Freddy became more about him cracking jokes - but the original concept -- vengeful dead serial killer of children who was burned to death by parents of killed children was pretty dark. He was about as evil as you could get.

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2015 12:18 PM

R1, Freddy was a jokester in the first one.

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2015 2:34 PM

The bus scene is one of my favorite bits of practical FX from slasher films. It's a best/worst deal, with that little toy bus wobbling atop those little toy rocks. There's something charming and endearing about the effort of doing effects that way; CGI would ruin that whole scene for me.

(I'm not laughing AT it, I'm smiling WITH it. You have to see it to understand the distinction.)

OP, you're right. How the hell did Freddy get hired? Jeez...

Also, #2 is the GAY one, you guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2015 3:11 PM

[quote]Seriously, now what public school system in their right mind would hire Freddy Krueger to drive one of their buses?

Fucking quotas.

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2015 3:14 PM

I think the first and third films are classic. Craven was at his best. RIP

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2015 3:25 PM

Nobody hired Freddy to drive the bus, idiot OP.

It was a nightmare!

Don't you know Krueger got his burn scars upon being lynched and KILLED by a mob of parents?

He came back as a demon in nightmares, he didn't go look for a job.

Freddy had the power to posses people in Part 2, as well.

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2015 4:25 PM

Mark Patton, the actor who played Jesse, is now openly gay. And the screenwriter put all kinds of gay subtext into the movie unbeknownst to the cast and crew.

The account begins @ the 54:00 mark:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2015 5:14 PM

R6 is great fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2015 8:12 PM

Brokeback trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2015 8:42 PM

Grady was so hot. I was really bummed when he died. (I always end up yelling at him--forget the door, go out the window!)

And I loved the decor of his bedroom. I wanted a bed like he had.

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2015 8:55 PM

At least I make sense at parties.

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2015 10:20 PM

It's on IFC right now!!!

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2015 12:14 AM

I thought Schneider was quite hot.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2015 1:07 AM

Mark Patton is doing a documentary about the movie and his Hollywood experience as a gay actor after it was released.

He crowdfunded it and it should be out in 2016. It is called 'Scream Queen: My Nightmare On Elm Street'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 19, 2015 2:43 AM

I was 6 when i first saw this and No joke, this movie made me afraid to go to high school because I thought I'd have a gym teacher like Schneider who would make me run laps at night and then like whip me or something in the showers.

I happy to say my h.s. gym teachers were perfectly normal people and nothing like that ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 15December 19, 2015 2:46 AM

Here's a new article about the movie and interview with star Mark Patton. Seems like he's still resentful over the movie and how he felt he was chastised for being 'too gay'. He lives in Mexico with his husband, owns a gallery and sells purses, and unfortunately has AIDS.

He's making a documentary about his time on the movie titled 'Scream, Queen!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2016 3:21 AM

[italic]Elm Street 2[/italic] is the best thing that ever happened to Mark Patton.

Dude needs to get himself other work.

by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2016 4:25 AM

I guess the info @ r16 doesn't mean Patton is letting the bad experiences ruin his life.

Learn the whole, juicy backstory of the gay content in [italic]Elm Street 2[/italic] from the video below at the 54:00 mark, if you haven't already seen it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2016 4:30 AM

Well, SCREAM QUEEN is finally out and FREDDY'S REVENGE screenwriter David Chaskin sheds some more light on what FREDDY'S REVENGE's subtext was supposed to mean.

Freddy the killer was supposed to be an allegory for homophobia, homosexual desire and death by AIDS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2020 9:14 PM

Here's an interview where David Chaskin expounds:

[quote]Yes, there was certainly some intentional subtext but it was intended to play homophobic rather than homoerotic. I thought about the demographics for these types of films (young, heterosexual males) and tried to imagine what kinds of things would truly frighten them, to the core. And scary dreams that make them, even momentarily, question their own sexuality seemed like a slam dunk to me.

[quote]If you really wanted to have fun, one might argue that the entire movie is a metaphor -- Jesse is, in the end, finally able to control the monster inside him (his latent homosexuality) with the love of a good woman. Maybe they should show this film at one of those evangelical deprogramming sessions where they try to “fix” gay people into regular Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2020 9:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!