Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meredith Salenger

Anyone remember her ? Meredith was a teen actress back in the mid 80s ..... I always thought she was pretty and charming (and she starred in a favorite campy horror flick 'The Kiss')

Looking at her resume, it doesn't appear she ever really did anything 'big time', but for some reason I thought she'd be a bigger star and there must've been some 'reason' she 'fell out of grace'. (she was in a couple 'Cory/Corey movies .... maybe THAT was it).

But truthfully, I guess that, like many others, Meredith just never got the 'big breaks'.... had the looks, but not the talent to back them up. Well, I liked her anyway ............. she's 45 now, maybe she could make a comeback as a MILF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2020 1:32 PM

'The Kiss'

HA ...........yea, she wasn't exactly an Academy Award winning actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2015 10:36 PM

I remember the Journey of Natty Gann...vaguely. She was cute in that.

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2015 10:38 PM

Maybe she didn't want an acting career. She graduated Howard University with a degree in psychology. She also went to Pepperdine and has certificates in Court-Based Mediation of Family Law Matters and Mediating the Litigated Case. Sounds like a smart woman. Apparently she still acts and is a mediator.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2015 10:39 PM

I remember her very well!

They looked different but for some reason I always put Meredith and Megan Follows in the same category. They sort of reminded me of each other.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2015 10:41 PM

Thanks for the info, R3. Sounds like Meredith has done very well for herself outside of the entertainment industry. Very happy to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2015 10:50 PM

The guy who played Amy's cute boyfriend, Terry ended up becoming a busy director/producer ........... he did the 'Night At The Museum' movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2015 11:06 PM

R5, I just checked her movie career and it looks like she is very busy. I didn't see it, but can't believe she was in the Jodi Arias movie.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2015 11:33 PM

R3, she graduated Harvard, not Howard. That's a pretty big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2015 11:35 PM

I meant Harvard. Glad you never make a mistake as you type. Give yourself a big kick in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2015 11:36 PM

Ooh, touchy aren't you R3, R9. Maybe you just read the Scalia topic about slower black colleges and universities. It's more likely than mistyping Howard for Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2015 11:41 PM

By now, she's most famous for her guest starring role as that murdered teacher on "Buffy."

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2015 11:47 PM

Wasn't she the poor man's Justine Bateman?

And how (or why) would anyone go from Harvard to... Pepperdine?

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2015 12:15 AM

R11, ha. I had no idea that was her in that Buffy episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2015 12:17 AM

The father was pretty DILFy in 'The Kiss' too ............ didn't end up having much of an acting career.

I remember in 'The Kiss' when Meredith told Daddy a friend had seen Auntie's hideous back (from decaying) and he said 'It's just a little birthmark. And she yelled 'You fucked her !' and he smacked her in the face (well, the mother had just died recently, so ....)

And then in the middle of her attempt to transfer her slug demon to Meredith, Auntie stops in the middle to fuck Daddy again (to distract him from trying to stop her, I guess)

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2015 12:34 AM

She's gorgeous. From her credentials she must be smart and sweet too--maybe a little too much for Tinseltown? I got the impression she didn't party or do anything salacious enough for anyone in the industry to market or write home about. I didn't know she mediates, that's awesome.

She made a convincing tomboy, she could have gone for more androgynous roles like Natty Gann, but I guess she didn't want to be viewed in that light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2016 8:40 PM

Lord, I'm still having flashbacks from the incessant publicity Eisner gave Natty Gann when it came out.

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2016 8:45 PM

NEW RULE: The 80s are a banned topic on DL. Get with the program, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2016 9:01 PM

She had a period in class in the Kiss. That's my memory of her.

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2016 9:49 PM

She was great in Dream A Little Dream. Very cool that she's one of the rare child actors who got out alive and has a career outside Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2016 3:23 AM

I love "The Kiss"--it's one of my favorite late '80s horror flicks, and Meredith Salenger was one of the best things in it. I just recently watched it again for the first time in awhile. She gave the best performance in it by far.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2020 6:08 AM

OP = Patton still trying to fluff her career

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2020 6:23 AM

R21 I just watched her in an episode of the new Will & Grace - Patton was in it, so I assumed he got her the gig.

I also remember her on an episode of Cold Case (love that show), she played a drunk who froze to death after she passed out in a snow bank. Sad episode.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2020 1:25 PM

She wanted more for herself than to end up married to Patton Oswalt but she aged out, got a little flabby, and he was the best way to keep her foot in the door to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2020 9:55 AM

The murdered teacher most remember from BUFFY is Diamond (or Pearl).

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2020 10:34 AM

Is she the one who wrote the book about the GSK?

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2020 10:51 AM

Her and the husband are assholes.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2020 11:01 AM

She, not her.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2020 11:21 AM

r24 Patton's deceased wife did but he went on the book tour and got the glory. Meanwhile his wife died under suspicious circumstances and he remarried pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2020 11:21 AM

R28, the death might have been suspicious, but the quick remarriage isn’t. Men always fucking do that. Always. Before the wife is cold, they have another one lined up. I know of exactly one man who didn’t remarry quickly after his wife died. Especially if there are children; they don’t want to raise a child alone.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2020 12:04 PM

^^ the surprise is that women sign up for that. It seems rather obvious that the guy is looking for a nanny with benefits, but hey. Some women are desperate.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2020 12:05 PM

Patton is nothing to look at but he has a decent career. I don't see his current wife as desperate. He doesn't have a whole raft of kids, does he?

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2020 12:12 PM

That's why she's with him, she gets to go to his work events and try to revive her career. She is thirsty on Twitter trying to suck up to bigger celebs and toot her own horn for her decades old movies.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2020 12:24 PM

Prostitot dialling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2020 12:33 PM

We were all cute in our late teens and early 20's, now she looks like a 50 year old woman. That's why she has to live through her earlier glory days because that was her peak.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2020 1:09 PM

"Men always fucking do that. Always. Before the wife is cold, they have another one lined up. I know of exactly one man who didn’t remarry quickly after his wife died. Especially if there are children; they don’t want to raise a child alone."

Yes, that is true. Men are so fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2020 1:15 PM

It takes two to tie the knot. And most children, especially girls, are truly raised by their mothers. It makes perfect sense for a man to find a replacement. It may upset you sentimental souls, but that's how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2020 1:19 PM

R31 Patton had one child when he married Meredith, a little girl. I thought he was hilarious until he married and had a child. Then his shtick became like every other married comedian. The same transformation is going on with Bill Burr now. His life observations were so sharp, then he got married, had a child and now every other observation is about family or kids. He lost his edge.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2020 1:22 PM

R37 here, Gaffigan is the only exception to my rule! His bits on his kids and family are great because his observations are unique and not mushy.

by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2020 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!