Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Britney Spears is CLASSIC pop, y'all!

Fuck the haters, and the nay-sayers, this bitch's old songs get more air play TO THIS DAY than any of Madonna's old shit. Toxic, Oops, Baby One More Time, IF You Seek Amy, Over Protected ALL still played everywhere at any given time!

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2020 7:43 PM

Toxic is a pop classic...that I'll give ya.

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2015 6:39 PM

pure shit

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2015 6:40 PM

But is it played in Peoria?

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2015 6:41 PM

I love her old stuff too, was a huge fan, and I m surprised at how often I hear it being played in stores around Manhattan ,and she's heavily featured on New York Sports Club's playlists. NYC was always a big Britney-loving city. I hear Toxic, Baby One More Time, Womanizer, Everytime, never hear OOps I Did it Again, but I agree that's one of her classics.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2015 7:32 PM

Oh- and STRONGER is still played to this day. I Wanna Go ( although not quite "classic Britney") is still played frequently.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2015 7:35 PM

"Britney Spears is CLASSIC pop"

That girl especially loves to pop us.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2015 7:46 PM

I'm pretty sure I'M classic pop, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2015 8:00 PM

Unfortunately she hasn't done anything worth a shit in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2015 8:14 PM

I'll give you that, r8!

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2015 8:25 PM

Britney didn’t repeat Madonna’s mistake of trying to stay relevant for too long. She is kind of cool with being a niche act at this point there to please her die hard fans and people with nostalgia. I think what hurts Madonna is she never gave anyone the chance to miss her.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2020 7:06 PM

A demo collection was released by Carole King/Sony several years ago. The same should be done for Cathy Dennis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote] . Toxic, Oops, Baby One More Time, IF You Seek Amy, Over Protected

Only three of her songs are still played a lot on the radio--Baby One More Time, Oops and Toxic. Madonna has several songs still played all the time on the radio. And Madonna's songs are much older. Let's see how many radio stations are playing Britney in 10-15 years.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 7:40 PM

Britney is Classic, PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2020 7:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!