Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is 36 too old for a sugar daddy?

I should've found one 15 years ago, but back then I suffered under the delusion that I was capable of supporting myself. Now that I'm smart enough to know that I have no marketable skills and zero tolerance for any kind of work, I fear it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2020 2:09 AM

No I don't think so if you can tolerate the Senior Circuit. I also want to be a do nothing bitch

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2015 3:57 PM

multiply your age by 2. If you are really attractive, you might be able to maintain a 72 year old sugar daddy. Don't forget you are still competing with those 22 year olds who are also looking for a sugar daddy.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2015 3:58 PM

A friend is a real estate agent and has been dating a guy he sold a multi-million dollar home to. He makes good money as an agent, but is living in the lap of luxury with his sugar daddy. Not to mention all the connections he's made.

Conversely my cousin who's a gamer and embodies all the negative traits of that type, has a 70 year old pensioner for a sugar daddy and his life hasn't improved much--moving from his sister's basement to this guys one bedroom apartment and living off his pension.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2015 4:00 PM

Are you fucking hot? Be honest with yourself.

If so you should be able to find a wealthy guy to date. Especially if you also have a decent personality. Try to get yourself in circles where wealthy men hang out (which shouldn't be too hard if you are attractive enough to do this) and the rest is history. If you are hot enough there will always be guys who want to talk to you.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2015 4:00 PM

Homosexuals all suck on Uncle Sam's teat

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2015 4:02 PM

Tom Bianchi is actively searching for you OP, and you don't even know it.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2015 4:02 PM

I'm cute, but I was cuter in my 20s. Older guys liked me (not necessarily rich ones), but I usually couldn't be bothered. R3, I actually have a real estate license that I don't do much with. Maybe I could use it to work that angle.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2015 4:09 PM

Go where the money is OP.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2015 4:11 PM

Get a fucking job you loser.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2015 4:12 PM

[quote]Get a fucking job

He'd rather get a job fucking.

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2015 4:13 PM

R9=Republican

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2015 4:14 PM

r11, maybe, but also someone who decided to make it on their own and not depend on others. If that is Republican then that is me.

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2015 4:15 PM

R12 earned his money the old fashioned way--he inherited it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2015 4:18 PM

It's a little old but you can probably do it, provided you're hot and amenable. Clean yourself up, get buff, make an obvious attempt to work on your appearance but don't look tacky, then go out and sell real estate. Find out where the rich old guys hang out. Then get ready to go through what I will euphemistically call an "interview process" until you land a sugar daddy.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2015 4:21 PM

I gotta be honest, If I'm a rich old gay man looking for a a nice housebottom, I'm going to have considerably higher standards than "36 and cute but used to be cuter."

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2015 4:22 PM

Why not just pimp out your female relatives as whores, OP? Or have you already sold them as sex slaves to make yourself a few bucks?

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2015 4:24 PM

At your age OP, we're talking a Metamucil daddy, not sugar daddy. Have you considered selling those Life Alert devices door to door? That would be a way to attract the right kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2015 4:26 PM

A big cock of course increases your chances but unless you are living outside NYC you are probably pAst your expiration date. Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2015 4:31 PM

What about a cute 43 year old without sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2015 4:44 PM

You're fucked R19. Figuratively of course.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2015 4:46 PM

If you're 36 years old, intelligent, cultured with good taste etc... you sure can find a rich sugar daddy.

A lot of older men really do want a companion they can share their lives with on the same level and don't want to be seen with a 25 year old tagging along..

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2015 5:01 PM

My friend has a sugar daddy. He's a cute blond 26 year and hooked up with a 35 year old Iranian who comes from Shah money. The rich Iranian looks like you'd imagine a rich Iranian would look, but my friend says he has a really huge dick which makes up for his weight and looks.

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2015 5:54 PM

[quote]but my friend says he has a really huge dick which makes up for his weight and looks.

Please, it's the fact that he has money that makes it worthwhile. The big dick is just a bonus for him.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2015 6:06 PM

That's what I figured R23 but I didn't want to insult him.

by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2015 6:08 PM

It's never too late for anything, bitch.

That being said, you better aim at a sugar grand daddy and you'll get what you want.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2015 6:48 PM

If you're 36 and he's 60-70, there's nothing wrong with him playing the sugar daddy role if neither of you object.

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2015 6:51 PM

I'm 64 and my boyfriend is 39. You can find a sugar daddy at any age. Seriously. But you have to be good looking. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2015 7:03 PM

How much money do you need to be a sugar daddy?

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2015 7:09 PM

No. Get your body and wardrobe in order, and be able to hold a conversation with rich people. Goes a long way. Working is overrated. GL OP.

by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2015 7:14 PM

Depends, OP.

by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2015 7:16 PM

I wanted to be a sugar daddy but was poor so then I moved to Thailand. The boys think I am rich on my one grand a month social security. Where there is life there is hope.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2015 7:18 PM

My 74 year old neighbor just buried his 75 y o millionaire "companion ". A week later he moved his 46 y o boyfriend of 10 years ( on the side) into the $800,000 home he inherited. The 46 y o was dating a sugar 30 years his senior until he got kicked out .

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2015 7:38 PM

Yes op, you're too old.

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2015 8:18 PM

R33...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2015 8:29 PM

I would be bored senseless by (and completely lacking in respect for) any 36 year old who didn't work for a living, even if it meant doing volunteer work. No matter how fucking gorgeous he was.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2015 8:29 PM

It worked for Anna Nicole Smith.

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2015 8:32 PM

"Cute" doesn't cut it at 36, hon.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2015 8:33 PM

OMG R34 ! ROTFL !

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2015 8:39 PM

OP, I'm 63 and not rich-rich, but pretty well off (retired; net worth almost $2 million) and I'd definitely be interested in someone up to age 45 or so. Mostly looking for a traveling companion and someone to help around the house, but cuddling and bedroom play would be an added benefit. Where do I find this person?

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2015 9:10 PM

At your age, OP, you're going to end up with an old opera queen. Hopefully rich, but very "old school" gay. Gird you loins for that and good luck.

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2015 9:19 PM

OP its not too old if 1) you are handsome 2) you are charming and sociable 3) you have hosting and other wifey skills. 3) you have a college degree and present well 4) you have a BIG cock 5) you are a hot fuck.

You have to have ALL that, I would say.

Bonus if you speak 2 foreign languages

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2015 9:22 PM

i realise I can't count. heheh but i have a FUCKING job

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2015 9:22 PM

I agree with r41 on items 1-3. And 35 is the perfect age to find your sugar. Go to Ft Lauderdale or Palm Springs and they will be all over you, assuming you have the above mentioned qualities. You must bring a lot to the table outside your age. The daddies with money have the pick of the litter and there are a lot of young guys chasing them. Daddies today are very hot and desirable .

Drinks, druggies, users and losers need not apply.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2015 9:33 PM

Damn, I am 64 and my partner of 23 years is 46. Still sexy and huge dick. Maybe I should trade him in? Nawh, don't want to bother.

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2015 9:43 PM

I'll add 6) you have a strong stomach to r41's list.

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2015 9:50 PM

Not all older men with money are the same. Some want a hot as hell trophy to show off. Some want a house husband to take care of the domestic side. Others just want a pleasant companion. And of course some want a nurse.

There's an old saying..."if you marry for money you earn it."

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2015 9:57 PM

By the way, if you are handsome, body holding up, and horse hung, no need to be kept man, you can be a straight up whore. I know guys in their 30s and early 40s who do very well as whores. No need to put up with an old guy 24/7. And they get young clients, too, looking for masculine and mature.

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2015 9:59 PM

I pay for handjobs in the park. When can we meet?

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2015 10:02 PM

OP this is for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2015 10:03 PM

Hi R39 are you in NYC? Do you like uncut Puerto Ricans? I am currently looking for a sugar daddy. I am 34 and cook and clean and look good doing it. I go to the gym. Where should I look in NYC? And I don't think it's too late OP. no way. I hope you find one.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2015 11:06 PM

R50 No, I'm in LA, and I like uncut Mexicans! (And I speak Spanish.) Not too many PRs out this way, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2015 12:02 AM

Is 26 to old to get a sugar daddy? And how do I go about becoming more refined?

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2015 12:13 AM

[quote] And how do I go about becoming more refined?

Miss Mona's Finishing School for Whores

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2015 1:50 AM

Bear in mind OP, that bottoms over 30 are far less of a valuable commodity than tops of a similar age.

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2015 3:40 AM

Now that there is fully legal homosexual marriage, with all legal rights are breeder marriage - at least here in Europe - do concubines demand that the sugar daddy marry them legally. Thus Daddy commits for life or at least a good chunk of his assets.

This is a totally new world in the Hershey Highway!

Discuss!

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2015 7:59 AM

R23 the Pahlavis I met were very handsome and elegant young men so I don't truck with your insinuation that a "rich Iranian" must be a fat pig.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2015 8:53 AM

We met many "generou$" Towel gentleman a while back. They were mostly 30-something, decent looking, beautifully hung and all total tops!

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2015 9:33 AM

I assume the younger you are the younger the sugar daddy as well.

So if you are in your 20s a sugar daddy could be a very wealthy man in his 30s or 40s.

For most young guys older men than that become a bit disconcerting.

Therefore for 36 I would assume 50s and beyond. Still a cast iron stomach might be a help.

Or if your still very attractive find someone your own age, fall in love and if he's a good wage owner become a house husband.

I'd rather do house work than any job with a rigid schedule and responsibilities to people you don't care about. If you love a guy cleaning up after him and washing his socks would be a pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2015 9:58 AM

your=you're

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2015 9:59 AM

[quote]Bear in mind OP, that bottoms over 30 are far less of a valuable commodity than tops of a similar age.

Yeah I'm assuming OP is a top, the odds of being successful trying to peddle yourself as a 40 year old bottom are not in your favor.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2015 2:17 PM

Bish Puhleeeze, Reichen, no way you are 35.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2015 2:42 PM

Are there any college university courses on this subject?

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2015 2:48 PM

Probably at art and drama schools! There should be.

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2015 2:50 PM

Not at all too old. Go for it. There are ageists, but they aren't for you. I went through a rough time..and for te last couple of years have managed to find a couple of great sugar daddies. I am almost 39. I look 10 years younger, though...so they don't seem to care about the number. One a never see and still wires me almost 20k a month. This is Manhattan, however. . So money doesn't go very far. I am extremely grateful for these men who have helped me. Not one day goes by that I ever take them for granted.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2015 2:52 PM

[quote]One a never see and still wires me almost 20k a month. This is Manhattan, however. . So money doesn't go very far.

Snort. If you can't make 20k/mo go far for you even in Mahattan, you have serious fuckin issues. Though that makes sense, that is why you are 40 and have to rely on other people to take care of you.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2015 2:56 PM

I wish I was good looking enough o have a sugar daddy. I can cook, clean and take care of people. I'd be willing to put out for an old geezer to live in a nice house and drive a nice car.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2015 3:10 PM

OP, what are the chances you can act masculine and even STR8 or -- at least bicurious -- 24/7? The elders pay extra for that because it's more masculine.

This isn't about politics, it's the harsh reality about making more $$$

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2015 4:35 PM

Just a thought, because some of us remain unconvinced about the appeal of a "house husband." Two working men, together, whatever their ages, can HIRE someone to cook, clean, and take care of all the crap work.

Just like modern straight people do.

The world has moved on. I can't imagine why a grown man wants to be June Cleaver, much less sleep with one.

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2015 6:00 PM

Well r55... All marriage rights are intact in the u s as well. Sugars won't marry their "boys" unless they love them and they sign a tough pre-nup. Why should they?

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2015 6:46 PM

[quote]do concubines demand that the sugar daddy marry them legally. Thus Daddy commits for life or at least a good chunk of his assets.

Concubine DEMANDS? Oh my sides.

You realize it is the boytoy that is completely replaceable right? Someone who is wealthy can always find a new plaything. There is no guarantee a boytoy would be able to lock down another benefactor. He who controls the money has the power.

Because they don't want to work R68. It really is that simple. Certain people just want to worry about looking good and have someone else take care of them financially. They don't like working and barely have the discipline to hold down a real job.

by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2015 7:02 PM

Having a sugar daddy isn't all it seems. It might look glamorous, and living a life that you could not afford on your own is fun WHEN it's fun, but there's another side to it- EVERYBODY knows the score, and a lot of people will look down on you (YOU, not him!). I lived this life in my mid 20's and loved going to Daniel, Bouley, Jean Georges and other 4 star restaurants and doing the tasting menus! I loved going and staying at the Four Seasons in D.C, and Palm Beach, and getting spa treatments at Gurney's in Montauk. I loved shopping at Barney's and Bergdorf's , and getting fitted for a bespoke suit. ALL very fun, but people are STARING and judging all the way. A hot, young guy with a 50 something year old attracts a LOT of attention, trust me! It does not go under the radar, everybody knows the story. I felt on display a lot, and I could absolutely feel the judgement coming from some people, but maybe that's just me- I wasn't cut out to be a gold digger. You really do need to put out in some way sexually when THEY are in the mood, and that IS WORK!! Eventually, I just couldn't do it anymore. I was in it for around 5 years, and juggled 3 different sugar daddies- rent and everything paid for, and then decided to go back to work because it just felt wrong after the glamour wore off and the reality hit that I just could not do this on a physical or emotional level. Now, 15 years later, I don't see how I ever could have done it, but I'm SO glad I did!

by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2015 7:04 PM

r70 is SO right- the daddies have all the power

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2015 7:07 PM

Heh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2015 7:12 PM

Golden Rule.... He who has the gold rules.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2015 7:55 PM

Op, you do realise you'd actually have to have sex with him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2015 8:34 PM

I've had a couple of sugar daddies OP. Find someone with a decent job and looks who you can fall in love with. Why waste your life with someone who sees you as a commodity.

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2015 8:48 PM

In my late 30s and early 40s, I had several men who wanted to be my sugar daddy. And despite the above posts, I'm a total bottom guy. Yes, an over 40 bottom who had men in their 50s and 60s ask him to be their kept man. Gasp! And half were attractive men, a quarter average looking, and a quarter not-so-great-looking. It's bullshit that everyone in the gay male community is ageist. I'm attractive enough (nice hair, nice eyes, nice smile, nice ass), but I'm certainly not some young hottie. I don't work out because of back problems, but I keep reasonably fit FOR MY AGE by walking and doing low impact exercises. Yet I had men asking me to let them keep me.

R46 is right. Not all older men are the same as, say, Calvin Klein or Barry Diller, who only want barely legal twinks. I had a surgeon, a few corporate executives, and a couple successful business owners ask me to be their kept man. But I could never do that. I'm intelligent, well-read, well-informed, intellectually curious, cultured, speak another language, and have a successful career in my own right. Indeed, these guys told me that was part of the attraction to me because they could hold a conversation with me. As I told all of them, I have my own money. I don't need to be kept.

These guys were not after someone who couldn't string two sentences together that made any sense. They wanted a companion, someone to travel with, and someone to talk to. But I saw the downside. Because they made more than I do, they felt they had the upper hand and a bit more control. I won't be controlled.

I've seen other guys go the sugar daddy route. Believe me, there is an expiration date on you if you can't do more than provide a pretty face and/or good body. You will be replaced at some point. And then what will you do?

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2015 9:39 PM

[quote] In my late 30s and early 40s...

But R77, despite all your wonderful qualities, you don't know how I old you are!

by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2015 10:02 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2015 5:05 AM

Dipshit at R78, the men I mention I met from when I was ages 37 to 43. I see one of your "wonderful qualities" is not reading comprehension. I can't believe you couldn't figure that out. People really can't read anymore. Sad.

I guess to finish up the story, I met my partner when I was 45 (had an ex before that with whom I was together double-digits), and with both partners it was not a sugar daddy situation. In fact, I make more than my current life partner.

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2015 5:42 AM

r78 is the new Datalounge personified- Likes to think they're a real bitch putting 'whoever' on blast and questioning the validity of someone's post all because they fail at reading comprehension. What a stupid little cocksucker.

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2015 2:04 PM

God, that photo of Calvin Klien....he looks like Marella Agnelli.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2015 2:28 PM

Unless you have a perfect body and the dick of death, yes

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2015 2:33 PM

Will we be invited to the sealing, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2015 3:05 PM

R77 All gay men should be forced to read that last paragraph. Especially the basic ones.

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2020 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!