Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember the tv show JAG with the hot and tall David James Elliot and the beautiful Catherine Bell.

It has been 10 years since the show has ended. Would you like to see a JAG reboot?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 4:25 PM

I liked the show until the war started and then it went from covering different view points on the military issue [at least somewhat] to being really pro-military propaganda. Anyone who criticized it was either a bad person or realized the error of their ways. Elliot and Bell were definitely attractive leads though.

by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2015 4:01 AM

They'd just have to spin off from "NCIS" since "JAG" is its parent show. I've always wondered why no one from "JAG" ever appeared on any of the NCIS shows.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2015 4:18 AM

I believe Admiral Chegwidden did make an appearence on NCIS but as a different character.

JAG was supposed to be a hybrid of A Few Good Men and Topgun. The show is very underrated in terms of their success, and maintained an audience.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2015 6:55 AM

Two actors/characters from JAG appeared on NCIS: Lieutenant Bud Roberts & Rear Admiral A.J. Chegwidden.

Unfortunately the producers from JAG pissed off David James Elliott in their final season. They planned an 11th season, choosing to not renew his contract after season 10 with an entirely new "younger cast." However, the network cancelled the show with season 10 as it's last.

David has said in interview he would never do NCIS.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2015 7:35 AM

This might be the most frau thread ever.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2015 9:12 AM

The creator, Donald P. Bellisario, also gave us Quantum Leap, Magnum PI and, of course, NCIS. That is why the Navy was such a big part of all those shows -- he is a former USMC Sgt who served with Lee Harvey Oswald. It doesn't say if he harassed Oswald, as many did, but his was the first crack in the media to again begin pushing Oswald as the lone shooter in the JFK assassination (in Quantum Leap, the scientist jumps in to LHO's body), later followed up by the US news media and Vincent Bugliosi.

So if you like Navy stuff, you will like Bellisario's shows.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2015 3:07 PM

Totally agree with R1. I occasionally catch reruns on the Inspiration Network (I know, I know) mostly to watch DJE in his prime. If it's a post-war story line, I pass. CB is beautiful, but when I found out she's a Scientologist the ick factor crept in.

Interesting that they weren't going to renew DJE's contract. I assume they weren't going to renew CB's either.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2015 3:26 PM

[quote]Two actors/characters from JAG appeared on NCIS: Lieutenant Bud Roberts & Rear Admiral A.J. Chegwidden.

There is another very minor character, a female JAG prosecutor, who appeared in a couple of NCIS episodes. She had dark hair.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2015 7:51 PM

I am all for the reboot, maybe a next generation type of reboot. If they were to get the old characters they would have to be Admirals by now.

Or they can do a reboot but use a new military branch like the Army.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2016 9:17 AM

Well, let's see. David James Elliott is a republican douchebag, and Catherine Bell is a $cientologist. Yep, that about sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2016 9:33 AM

A stank sleeve Canadian pushing American military agenda. It ran for 10 seasons so it knew its audience. To dislike the show would have been unpatriotic.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2016 6:36 AM

I always thought Bell looked dreadful. I know she had to have a butch hairstyle but it looked shitty and reeked of mid nineties.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2016 6:45 AM

I thought only old people watched this.

Oh, wait, this is DL.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2021 4:17 PM

I'd be okay with it if there's assurance that the opening episode would be a murder-suicide with these two, so yes, one new season, with only one episode.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2021 4:22 PM

If it's just one episode is that considered a JAG-off?

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2021 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!