Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christmas at Eldergay Mansion

Setting my nostalgia dial to "Way, way back"

Who was better at bringing camp Christmas cheer: The King Family or the del Rubio Sisters?

King Family below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 6:19 PM

Del Rubio Triplets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2015 9:27 PM

Not much love for the del Rubio sisters. Were they just not as elegant as the King Sisters?

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2015 8:38 PM

A remembrance of Branson for you OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2015 8:53 PM

The King Family because it has Tina Cole which every gay man in the 60s wanted to marry or become.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2015 10:18 PM

What about us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2015 10:40 PM

Now this is holiday entertainment!

Featuring Chastity Bono as the Ghost of Christmas Past

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2015 11:23 PM

With Sonny as the Ghost of Christmas Future.

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2015 11:54 PM

When I was a kid my sisters and I used to wonder what was the deal with the King family. They seemed to have no presence in show business outside of those holiday specials.

My camp nominee is The Kraft Music Hall if only for the commercials featuring the most unappetizing recipes outside of Cathy Mitchell world.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2015 7:41 AM

I'm surprised that The King Family Christmas specials are considered to be camp.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2015 9:53 AM

OP, you forgot the Andy Williams Christmas shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2015 10:18 AM

Unfortunately for Andy Williams, when his wife/co-star shot her lover and then got away with it the Christmas specials came to an end.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2015 12:00 PM

[quote]When I was a kid my sisters and I used to wonder what was the deal with the King family. They seemed to have no presence in show business outside of those holiday specials.

Same with us. It was like the King Family's only purpose in life was to create the yearly Christmas special.

But they were troopers. I always loved when they surprised Alyce by bringing her son home from Vietnam. But the cynical side of me always smirks at her struggle between mother and performer. Look how she bravely must carry on with the song despite her son surprising her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2015 1:36 PM

I miss when not all pop culture was gutter trash.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2020 6:09 PM

I'm partial the the John Walters Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Sadly, it looks like Denver's Camp Christmas is cancelled this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 6:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!