Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dear 1%

I live in the Hamptons.

It's bad enough you defile the environment by obliterating fields and woods with your fugly MegaMansions. But now you've sunk to a new low. Cladding all your doors and windows in black. WTF? Is the Romanian Gypsy Mansion the new template for the 1%?

Instead of cladding your homes like prisons, could you please cut out the middle man and go straight to jail?

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2021 6:04 AM

Oh no, dearie. You're talking to the 0.1%

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2015 8:05 PM

[quote]Cladding all your doors and windows in black.

I'm not sure what you mean....cladding windows in black?

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2015 8:09 PM

I see a red door & I want it painted black!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2015 8:12 PM

I'm not sure what you mean......cladding windows in black?

Yeah OP, please explain

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2015 8:13 PM

I agree that it isn't an especially attractive trend, OP but as one of the folks at which your post is actually aimed, I will tell you that a) the energy savings are substantial and b) most of the windows are UVA/UVB proof which saves my furnishings (and my skin) from sun damage. Living in Florida it just makes sense to spend the extra money on these windows. It pays off in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2015 8:15 PM

This..is not a real problem.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2015 8:34 PM

If only OP could clearly express his thoughts - cladding windows and doors?.

Is this the style that drives you closer to self-immolation, Princess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2015 8:49 PM

It doesn't make sense on eastern LI among people who couldn't care less what their energy costs are and who change their furnishings every two years, R5.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2015 8:51 PM

If only R7 could properly post a link.........

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2015 8:52 PM

most who live there are liberals

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2015 8:55 PM

Like this, only on a house 15 times the size with dozens of Windows and French doors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2015 9:07 PM

That looks a lot better than what we have to put up with in England with the proliferation of plastic windows and window frames and sometimes on lovely, very old houses.

It's added greatly to the uglification of Britain in recent years.

Along with these horrible plastic front doors....they're EVERYWHERE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2015 9:12 PM

"A plague of plastic windows"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2015 9:14 PM

Here's another small house with them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2015 9:19 PM

I think those plastic windows are called vinyl windows in the US.

And dont they have fire codes in the UK? I think exterior doors in the US have to be steel now. Or maybe that's just a state by state thing.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2015 9:23 PM

[quote] think those plastic windows are called vinyl windows in the US.

I lived in an old building in New York in the 80s. It had new windows that were double glazed, but they were brown metal and the windows were glass and much more subtle than the horrible things with thick white plastic you see all over Britain.

The plastic starts to get dirty and it can't be washed off. Some houses in England look like sheds with them. They're a blight!

It's hard to show quite how ugly they are in photographs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2015 10:35 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2015 10:40 PM

This is actually bulletproof cladding and will keep them safe during a potential home invasion by the poor marauding hordes of the future wasteland.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2015 10:41 PM

It's fine as long as you use the really GOOD cladding.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2015 10:49 PM

Lol r19.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2021 5:28 AM

Pics OP or it didn't happen!

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2021 5:30 AM

Oh my! Is this 2015 concern suddenly relevant again?

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2021 6:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!