Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oh oh! Noel Gallagher goes after Adele!

Noel Gallagher is known for his sharp tongue, and has now added Adele to his list of victims

She's enjoyed great success lately ,what with her highly successful and record-breaking album '25' and sell-out tour, so the musician was asked by Music Feeds what he thought of the songstress.

He was not polite. He said: "If someone wants to know what I think of Adele, I’ll f***ing tell them… I just don’t see what all the fuss is about. I don’t like her music. I think it’s music for f***ing grannies.”

Gallagher then said that he wasn't trying to cause a stir; he was just speaking his mind.

He said: “If I get asked a question on anything, I give a straight answer… Not because I have any sort of agenda or because I’m trying to whip up any kind of hysteria.” .

Gallagher is also apparently tired of being asked about Adele: “It is interesting that no-one ever talks about my love of U2 and Coldplay, but there you go. Lately, the one I’ve been asked about is Adele.” .

He also labelled her as part of the "sea of cheese" that popular music has become. The singer said: "music has nosedived into f***ing blandness – a sea of cheese."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2020 3:14 PM

Classic Noel.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Sailing the seas of cheese-sums it up quite nicely dontcha think?

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2015 4:44 PM

when he was younger he looked like a pretty tasty twink. i always imagined having a threesome with him and his brother or him and damon albarn. his filthy mouth would be perfect for sucking cock and his arse a UEFA champion for taking cock. Sadly his hard living had made him ugly. Damon Albarn is still looking not half bad.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2015 4:55 PM

He's right. Adele = Breathy simplistic and overly emotional yodeling aimed at romantic fraus who need a good cry. Bombast is not great art.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2015 5:00 PM

Noel used to seem like the saner of the two brothers, but his pathological need for attention is getting out of hand. I don't think even Elton bitched this much about other singers.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2015 5:06 PM

He's right. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but when he's being interviewed he's straight down the line and tells it like it is. I like that. He's also a very witty with a dry sense of humour. Much more so than his brother.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2015 5:22 PM

Yeah I'm sure Adele cares what some washed up rock star with one hit to their name thinks of her.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2015 5:28 PM

[quote] I just don’t see what all the fuss is about.

And there we have it.

Bitter, party of one.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2015 5:40 PM

Who the fuck is Noel Gallagher?

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2015 5:46 PM

What R7 said.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2015 6:07 PM

[quote]his pathological need for attention is getting out of hand.

He isn't just randomly expressing his opinions though, he has been specifically asked about his opinion on Taylor Swift, Kanye, Beyonce, One Direction, etc.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2015 6:14 PM

[quote]no-one ever talks about my love of U2 and Coldplay

And don't forget Nickelback!

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2015 6:39 PM

I love that these past-it white dudes in the UK (Phil Collins, Damon Albarn, Gallagher) are all butt-hurt because Adele is selling zillions of CDs and didn't want, or need, any of their music for her latest collection.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2015 6:55 PM

Noel who exactly?

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2015 6:58 PM

I'm not crazy about Adele but her music is hell of a lot more compelling that stale, anodyne shite like fucking Coldplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2015 7:00 PM

R11, entertainment journalists ask him about other singers not because his opinion matters, but because he's made it known that he will pitch a fit and be bitchy, and that sells copy.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2015 7:01 PM

I'd accept this critique if it came from someone talented. Someone whose briefly popular music some time ago wasn't merely a very poor facsimile of the late 60s supergroups' album fillers.

Glass houses, Noel.

He's right in that music today is generally bland. But he's not creating anything better and Adele in a world where Taylor Swift exists is not the worst offender.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2015 7:06 PM

[quote] But he's not creating anything better and Adele in a world where Taylor Swift exists is not the worst offender.

Amen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2015 7:09 PM

Completely agree with him. I'm mystified by her success.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2015 7:14 PM

Who the fuck cares about that has been? He still hasn't waxed that fucking unibrow and they haven't had a "hit" in what - 20 years or more? Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2015 7:22 PM

He's still mad his brother has always been the "hot one"

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2015 7:35 PM

[quote] I'd accept this critique if it came from someone talented.

Pot/kettle. Your opinion is valid, but a famous musician's isn't?

by Anonymousreply 22December 9, 2015 7:46 PM

It's a good thing you used quotes, R21.

by Anonymousreply 23December 9, 2015 7:51 PM

R22. I wasn't questioning HIS right to have or express his views. I was exercising MY right to dismiss them as irrelevant, coming as they do from an artist I believe to be only moderately talented.

There is a big difference. Maybe if you have an adult nearby you could get them to help you with it.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2015 8:32 PM

He is a terrible singer, has zero charisma, how this dude was a rockstar?

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2015 8:50 PM

You were questioning the validity of his opinion based on your perception of the level his musical talent. Pot/kettle, deary.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2015 8:50 PM

Is Adele even old enough to know who Noel Gallagher was?

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2015 9:56 PM

He's right, of course.

by Anonymousreply 28December 9, 2015 10:00 PM

What did he say about Susan Boyle?

by Anonymousreply 29December 9, 2015 10:07 PM

Why are they always so interested in his opinion? Most of the time it will be negative. He's pretty predictable.

by Anonymousreply 30December 9, 2015 10:37 PM

Coldplay????? Cheese with syrup.

by Anonymousreply 31December 9, 2015 10:54 PM

Liam is where my pussy goes.

by Anonymousreply 32December 9, 2015 10:58 PM

Once you use the term "butt hurt" you lose all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 33December 9, 2015 11:06 PM

Always loved Noel, totally uninterested in his other brother. And he's right.

by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2015 11:38 PM

I like his comments. He calls it like he sees it I loved the comments he made about that awful Ed Sheeran and the absurd Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2015 11:59 PM

Why the fuck would anyone ask Noel fucking Gallagher what he thinks about literally anything?

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2015 3:08 AM

Ugh. I hate articles like this. They formulate them in a way to make it almost seem like Noel held a press conference to denounce Adele, when all that happened was, he, true to form, answered a question he was asked truthfully.

by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2015 3:22 AM

Good for him. Why does everyone need to bow to the alter of Adele. Some people don't like her music and think she's overrated.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2015 3:22 AM

Maybe he should write songs for her. Or is he irrelevant these days ?

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2015 3:43 AM

No one outside of the UK cares about Oasis. Bland to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2015 3:46 AM

Rip her to shreds

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2015 4:05 AM

For everyone asking why he was even asked about her, as was already said upthread, it's because they know Noel will go off in some crazy way, and they love it because it sells copy.

And HE loves it because he gets attention, which he cannot get otherwise anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2015 4:48 AM

While it's true that Oasis was never massive in the US, it's kind of hard to overstate how huge they were in the UK in their heyday. When Adele's 25 recently broke first-week sales records across the world, she beat the prior US first-week record, which was held by NSync and she beat the prior UK first-week record which was held, still, by Oasis.

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2015 4:55 AM

Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2015 5:04 AM

Adele wishes she had a song as good as "Wonderwall".

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2015 5:20 AM

Plus, he was one of the only people to criticize Gaga when everyone thought she was the best thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2015 5:21 AM

This quote from a previous, very similar DL thread about Noel Gallagher cannot be repeated often enough:

[quote]His brother is of an almost sub-human level of intelligence, having seemingly only primal instincts to eat, fight, shit and reproduce. In comparison, Noel's gobby "I tell it like it is, me" Northerner routine gets mistaken for penetrating insight and wit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2015 5:30 AM

R3 Do you make long introductions about your filthy sex fantasies before making banal arguments IRL, too?

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2015 5:49 AM

Who the hell id this guy? I've never heard of him before.

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2015 8:35 AM

Another day, another scandalized media feud. Sells papers, gets clicks, gets people's attention.

Are you team Adele or team Noel?

Are you an Adele or are you a Noel? Take this online quiz and you'll find out!

Buy your Noel vs. Adele shirts here!

Read the latest about the Noel vs. Adele feud!

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2015 8:46 AM

Pop fans ended up preferring Adele to JC Cha-sex, R43? I'm disappointed. Truly this is Bizarro-world.

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2015 8:53 AM

Noel , the Beatles wannabe. Failed.

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2015 9:01 AM

Listen to Adele's Chasing Pavements performance on Letterman and then find any of her live performances of Hello. Her voice was so much stronger and more consistent back in the day. How people don't hear the inconsistency and weakness now and still go on and on about how she's the best thing ever is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2015 12:41 AM

What a career he briefly had!

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2015 12:47 AM

Oasis made good music.

by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2015 12:56 AM

It's nice that someone called him on the telephone. He appreciates the break in his busy schedule.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2015 1:35 AM

He probably posts on DL, one of those "daring" posters who act as if they are saying shocking things. He doesn't like Adele! He's the only one in the world brave enough to say this!!

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2015 1:40 AM

Noel Gallagher is a talented musician. He has music writing chops and although he's not as talented in the lyrics department, he isn't bad there either.

Few bands will EVER rise to the success of an Oasis, so yes, he is absolutely qualified to offer his opinion on Adele, or any other musician/singer. It doesn't matter how long it's been since Oasis ruled the music world-he's reached a level only a very privileged few ever will and his entire adult life he's made a living in music.

The "who" comments come off as sad and out of touch, not witty or cute.

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2015 1:54 AM

Has Peter York weighed in? How about Burt Bacharach?

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2015 2:07 AM

[quote] Few bands will EVER rise to the success of an Oasis, so yes, he is absolutely qualified to offer his opinion on Adele, or any other musician/singer.

Okay, by dint of your (absolutely idiotic) logic, since my success has risen far, far, FAR beyond his, that means I am MUCH more qualified than he is to comment on myself and on him, and my opinion thus counts for far more than his.

So: I am a genius, and he is pure shit. Thanks a lot; cheers.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2015 2:15 AM

R60, who said Adele or someone similar to her WASN'T qualified to offer an opinion?

... ... ... I'll wait... ... ... Oh, that's right. NO ONE, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2015 2:21 AM

Oh boo hoo hooey hoo hoo! Someone mocked me!

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2015 2:23 AM

Stop MOCKING me!

I'm telling!

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Adele had a baby, had surgery on her cords and quit smoking in recent years R53, which altered her vocal character completely, and probably cost her confidence as well. Dw she's young, she'll get the magic back.

Amy will always be superior imo.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2015 11:03 AM

r48 are you a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2015 4:12 PM

He also hates Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2020 2:38 PM

Her music is pretty boring and there are much better soul singers who have more versatility but don’t get the success/attention that she does.

by Anonymousreply 67October 1, 2020 2:42 PM

Noel Gallagher is learning from Azealia Banks and Lily Allen that when you don't get any media attention for your music, just start slagging people off and you'll be talked about again.

by Anonymousreply 68October 1, 2020 2:43 PM

He’s a piece of shit. He had a daughter that resulted from a brief relationship and took twenty years before bothering to meet with her.

Oh and britpop calls pop soul “cheese?” Now that’s a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 69October 1, 2020 2:44 PM

I’m a woman and I can’t stand her music - it’s too fucking depressing and boring.

by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2020 2:45 PM

R68 Bitch, it's the other way around! They learnt that from HIM!

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2020 2:46 PM

[Quote] Noel Gallagher is learning from Azealia Banks and Lily Allen that when you don't get any media attention for your music, just start slagging people off and you'll be talked about again.

Were you born yesterday? Noel Gallagher has been bitching since he got out the womb.

by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2020 2:53 PM

[Quote] Her music is pretty boring and there are much better soul singers who have more versatility but don’t get the success/attention that she does.

But she gets most attention from the public because her music hits the spot. (I'm not a fan.)

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2020 2:54 PM

He isnt wrong there, but pop music is like that

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2020 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!