Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden: If Trump is the GOP nominee, Hillary "wins in a walk"

12/08/2015

Vice President Joe Biden thinks that if real estate mogul Donald Trump wins the GOP presidential nomination, Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton "wins in a walk."

Speaking to Bloomberg Politics after a diplomatic trip to Ukraine on Tuesday, Biden did not hold back in his criticisms of Trump. He joined the chorus of politicians condemning Trump's proposal to ban all Muslim immigrants, calling it "a very, very dangerous brew for America."

He also wrote off the reality television star's candidacy, dismissing it as "showmanship."

“Is this just a guy doing 'Celebrity Apprentice' for himself? Is this just a guy who’s an entertainer? It may have started there, but, I now think, now, he wants to be president. But I don’t think there’s much chance of that," he said. “A lot of this is showmanship.”

Like Biden, many members of the Republican Party think that if Trump succeeds in becoming their nominee, it would help Clinton, the presumed Democratic nominee, because Trump would alienate moderate and independent voters.

In denouncing Trump's latest round of fear-mongering and offensive rhetoric toward immigrants, even one of his presidential opponents, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), expressed concerns that Trump could hand Clinton the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2020 4:00 AM

Jeb Bush:

[quote]Maybe Donald negotiated a deal with his buddy @HillaryClinton. Continuing this path will put her in the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2015 12:21 PM

So do you think the GOP is scared?

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2015 1:56 PM

No R2. I think the GOP is simply batshit crazy as illustrated by the Jeb! quote in R1

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2015 2:01 PM

I guess the comment by Jeb Bush shows that the "Trump is secretly working for Hillary" theory doesn't just exist on DL.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2015 2:17 PM

Hillary will never win a walk, the same way the Republicans will never do it. The days of a Reagan or Nixon or Johnson victory are long over.

Hillary can't win Florida, Ohio or Virginia so that means she going in with problems.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2015 2:22 PM

The Clintons and Trump are friends. This has been known since last summer. They go to weddings together as stated years ago by Trump on Howard Stern, associate in the same circles, Trump donates to the Clinton Foundation. They're friends.

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2015 2:49 PM

[quote]Hillary can't win Florida, Ohio or Virginia so that means she going in with problems.

And your basis for this assertion is......?

All the states are certainly winnable by Hillary unless you have incontrovertible proof that she cannot.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2015 2:57 PM

Hillary will never win. All her lying scandal will come out in the open next year and that will be a bomb. She's going to the big house and not the white house.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2015 3:03 PM

Poster 8 in your dreams and paranoid imagination.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2015 3:06 PM

Hillary is the only real Presidential contender. Everyone, even the GOP, knows it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2015 3:27 PM

R7, Of course Clinton will win Florida, Ohio, AND Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2015 3:28 PM

I have several friends who were Republicans who have changed their registration to Independent, and on a rare occasion to Democrat, They said that they were pushed out by the religious fanatics who have taken over the GOP. My friends worked hard to steer their local parties to a center/right position but were unable to do so.

I have other friends who are still Republicans but have said that if Trump or Cruz become the GOP presidential nominee, they will either stay home on Election Day or will actively work for Mrs. Clinton.

An Indian-American doctor I know, a naturalized citizen and Muslim, said he is a Republican for economic reasons, but will write a large check to the Clinton campaign if Trump is the nominee. He said that he knows several affluent Muslim-Americans who will do the same if Trump is nominated for president.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2015 4:46 PM

[quote]The Clintons and Trump are friends. This has been known since last summer. They go to weddings together as stated years ago by Trump on Howard Stern, associate in the same circles, Trump donates to the Clinton Foundation. They're friends.

There is no evidence that they are close friends.

Many people in politics & business overlap in some of their interests & social circles and attend each other's events.

But it doesn't usually mean more than that.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2015 9:33 PM

Sorry baba booey at R13.

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2015 9:36 PM

R10 exactly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2015 9:57 PM

The white racist vote won't be enough for Trump to win.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2015 10:38 PM

What makes R5 think Hillary can't win Florida, Ohio or Virginia?

Ohio: Obama 50.67%, Romney 47.69%

Florida: Obama 50.01%, Romney 49.13%

Virginia: Obama 51.16%, Romney 47.28%

R5: parallel universe?

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2015 11:42 PM

Virginia isn't necessarily required for a Democrat to win the White House, although it is certainly valuable to win it.

But it is more essential for the Republican nominee.

Remember that prior to 2008 & 2012, Virginia was not a swing state. It hadn't gone Democratic since LBJ in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2015 12:26 AM

o really TRUMP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2016 7:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2016 5:16 AM

Trump 'could be unstoppable' if he wins Iowa...Good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2016 8:49 PM

It's not a "walk" it's a LANDSLIDE. We're talking MANDATE people.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2016 9:11 PM

Hillary Clinton will be elected president today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 1, 2016 7:22 PM

Why I’m Supporting Hillary Clinton, With Joy and Without Apologies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 1, 2016 10:36 PM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2020 3:56 AM

She did. I don’t believe Trump got all those votes. Votes were manipulated & voters were suppressed. Hundreds of thousands of voters were thrown off voter rolls in Florida alone. All Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2020 4:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!