Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Producers of British soap Hollyoaks criticized for being too gay

UK soap Hollyoaks premiered 20 years ago, growing into a television touchstone with a revolving cast and sometimes hysterically overwrought melodrama. One thing the show has not skimped on (especially over the last decade) is gay representation, with same-sex romance and hot button issues (gay domestic violence, homophobia) a large part of the landscape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595April 15, 2019 11:15 PM

About a month ago, Hollyoaks won the Stonewall Award for the "Broadcast of the Decade" for its consistent inclusion of LGBT stories over the last ten year.

(Presented by Sir Ian!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2015 8:56 AM

I'll say one thing for Hollyoaks - at least they had the guts to do the whole male-rape storyline with Luke. That was pretty fucking brave back then - especially as how Luke's rapist wasn't gay and neither was he. And it handled the fallout from the rape pretty well too.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2015 9:14 AM

While I applaud Hollyoaks for its gay representation, its as awful as the U.S. soaps.

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2015 10:44 AM

I think Hollyoaks has it's moments. And the annual stunts can be fantabulous. I view it as a guilty pleasure most of the time. And one thing about all the gay characters is that there are so many of them, on a consistent and regular basis, that one need not feel the necessity to ship or even like them for any reason. They can behave just as awful as the straight characters in the village, which they often do. Now that's equality!

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2015 8:55 PM

Well it is incredibly gay. It's almost as if they live in Canal Street not Hollyoaks Village. If the acting weren't so shit I'd probably watch it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2015 9:25 PM

[quote]That was pretty fucking brave back then - especially as how Luke's rapist wasn't gay and neither was he

Straight men don't rape other men.

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2015 9:28 PM

R6 In their fact sheet on male rape, the New York Alliance Against Sexual Assault quotes from a research study on the rape of males (listed in the footnotes), writing:

[quote] There are many reasons that male victims do not come forward and report being raped, but perhaps the biggest reason for many males is the fear of being perceived as homosexual. However, male sexual assault has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the attacker or the victim, just as a sexual assault does not make the victim survivor gay, bisexual or heterosexual. It is a violent crime that affects heterosexual men as much as gay men. The phrase "homosexual rape," for instance, which is often used by uninformed persons to designate male-male rape, camouflages the fact that the majority of the rapists are not generally homosexual (Donaldson, 1990).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2015 9:42 PM

The acting on Hollyoaks is much better than Days plus GH and Y&R

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2015 9:52 PM

Winter Trailer released last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2015 10:14 PM

I want Jeremy Sheffield to be my DADDY! .. I know Patrick is horrible, but I wish his character wasn't dying. .. Jeremy is so HOT (and gay to boot!).

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2015 12:12 AM

Last Halloween, Jeremy dressed as Al Pacino in Cruising ... LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2015 12:16 AM

Hollyoaks has the best trailers.

Black Wedding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2015 12:32 AM

Enchanted Forest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2015 12:33 AM

Valentines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2015 12:44 AM

Fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2015 12:54 AM

I'm laughing just remembering watching this show religiously after college and work, back in the 2000's when it was even more heinous but a lot less outlandish. It's charming, precisely because of absurd melodrama and shouty characters, and I've always liked it more than other UK soaps because the characters are more emotionally wild, and get unpredictable developments season to season (including sexually). HO doesn't take itself too seriously or stay too far inside the box, or even pretend to any continuity or quality.

I liked the writing and scenes for Craig and Dean, and the slow-burn of the plot (an odd direction for a usually ADD show) but it was hard to watch due to Craig's sometimes nasty and rough treatment of JP, and also Craig's character 180, but I get that it was done that way to show the emotional pressure of his coming out, as well as the fact they were both passionate teens caught in a bad situation. They were both at their most compelling in their little, happy scenes together (Craig gifting JP the watch is a lovely and delicately played moment that still stands out to me), and considering they later both admitted to being uncomfortable kissing, they really sold their physical chemistry well. I can’t believe this storyline is 10 years old, now, it still holds up pretty well as the best thing HO ever did.

I used to crush on Darren (played by Ashley Taylor Dawson), the son of Jack and the informal Big Brother figure to Craig. He made a delicious bartender, and used to constantly tease Craig for getting wound up about every little thing; at one point Darren was the only easygoing, comedic character in the whole show. I thought they'd end up writing him a gay storyline (he already had the camp and the style down), but in retrospect it obviously wouldn't have worked, since he clearly relished running through women and this worked well for various plots. I think it was his accent I was into, combined with his cheeky smirks, playboy antics and crazy boyband hair.

I caught HO recently (hence this post) and was suprised to see both JP and Darren still in it? Darren looks have changed (bulked up, tanned, preppy outfits), and he is strangely married to SJW Nancy and seems dull as dishwater now. JP’s storyline seems weird and upsetting, idk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2016 11:52 PM

Yeah, but it's Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2016 12:08 AM

Again, UK Soaps = US primetime dramas, not US daytime soaps. American primetime dramas have way more gay shit than British tv could ever dream of having.

by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2016 12:09 AM

How may one watch Hollyoaks in the States?

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2016 12:12 AM

R19 If you don't care about participating in discussion forums and such, you can watch Hollyoaks "legally" on Hulu, with it being just two weeks behind the actual UK broadcast. e.g. right now the latest episode is dated January 11, 2016. I think they've currently got almost two years of history going back to 2013

Otherwise you can find pirate channels on youtube that upload the current show. These sometimes get shut down. The channel with the best quality and most consistent uploads I've found is on the channel run by "Price SliceTwo".

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2016 9:27 PM

[quote] HO doesn't take itself too seriously or stay too far inside the box, or even pretend to any continuity or quality.

This is one of the reasons why I love the show, and why it continues to be a "guilty pleasure" of mine. Plus, they actually do manage to provide some fantastic and memorable television experiences from time to time. When they took Best Soap in 2014, at the British Soap Awards, I think they truly deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2016 9:39 PM

So awesome, R20. WW for your help.

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2016 9:46 PM

[quote] I caught HO recently (hence this post) and was suprised to see both JP and Darren still in it? Darren looks have changed (bulked up, tanned, preppy outfits), and he is strangely married to SJW Nancy and seems dull as dishwater now. JP’s storyline seems weird and upsetting, idk.

JP's kinda been in a dull "holding pattern" ever since he married Ste, with the duo deciding to separate and wait till Christmas to decide that to do about their failed union. Now that that relationship appears to be over, I'm thinking JP might get a new love interest. Harry and Ste were recently seen gossiping at the caf and believe the new James Nightingale character is gay, so perhaps he's on tap for JP.

As for Ashely Taylor Dawson, I think he kind of bulked up and got tan when he was Strictly Come Dancing a couple years ago. ftr - I thought he should have won. And I totally agree about Darren and Nancy. The way Nancy is now, she drags his character down. I find her pretty insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2016 9:58 PM

R18 Hollyoaks is considered a primetime show, as are the other early evening soaps.

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2016 10:03 PM

R24 It's not really primetime. Hollyoaks is considered a "pre-Watershed" show.

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2016 10:05 PM

Can you ever watch Hollyoaks on Acorn TV, which I am currently trying out for 30 days?

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2016 10:23 PM

R26 I don't see Hollyoaks listed among Acorn's offerings. My guess would be that Hulu has an exclusive license to show Hollyoaks in the U.S. That's usually how those things work. Coronation Street is also on Hulu. Dish-TV used to have the U.S. license for EastEnders up until some time last year, but they're supposedly still "negotiating." Seems odd the BBC doesn't show EE on BBC America.

by Anonymousreply 27January 31, 2016 1:04 AM

I'm glad Parry Glasspool enjoys being naked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2016 1:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2016 1:46 AM

R25 Pre-watershed just means a show can't feature adult content due to being on before 9pm. All the early evening soaps in the UK are considered primetime shows.

by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2016 2:03 AM

R30 But the topic was content, and pre-Watershed UK content can't be equated to content in U.S. primetime, which is what R18 was implying.

by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2016 2:15 AM

Slightly off-topic, but what was the UK soap that had the brother-sister incest storyline? I think was in the late '90s, early '00s maybe. I couldn't quite believe they went there. Not campy, but deadly serious. I think their storyline ended with them going off together to start a new life where no one knew them.

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2016 2:24 AM

R32 Hollyoaks had the Rhys Ashworth and Beth Clement brother-sister incest story, but that was about 9 years ago. As I recall, they were going to run off together, but got in an accident, and Beth died.

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2016 2:40 AM

More recently, Hollyoaks did the "twincest" story between Sienna Blake and her twin brother, Dodger Savage. These two had been separated early on and were unaware of each other; but somehow ended up having at sex 13, with Sienna becoming pregnant and having a daughter that was taken away from her by her father, Patrick. Years later, when Dodger found out, he was sickened by the reveal, but insane Sienna wanted to reunite with him in every sense of the word and held her brother hostage. Many thought Hollyoaks would eventually undo the incest factor and that somehow the daughter born from it, Nico, would not be Dodger's after all , but they never have. Teenage Nico bears the scars of thinking she's a "weirdo" as a product of incest and has become a serial killer herself. I believe she's up to three dead bodies now. Will, Carly, and Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 34January 31, 2016 3:32 AM

^^^ second line should read "but somehow ended up having sex at age 13"

by Anonymousreply 35January 31, 2016 3:33 AM

R32, I think you're thinking of the now defunct Liverpool soap Brookside. There was brother-sister incest on that show.

The guy who plays Ste has such an obnoxious face. The kind which begs to be smacked at any given opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 36January 31, 2016 3:38 AM

Yes, R32, it was Brookside. I think the girl was named Georgia. She and her brother ran off together.

by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2016 3:40 AM

Brookside! That's it. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2016 4:43 PM

You're welcome, R32. Wasn't the guy named Nat? He was gorgeous. They both were.

by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2016 4:58 PM

I wish they'd explored JP and Lockie more. They were hot and fun. Is Lockie really gone? They didn't show what happened after Cameron went after him in the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2016 9:34 PM

I'm in love with all those stylish promos.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2016 11:12 PM

[quote]Craig and Dean

I can't watch soaps regularly (they take too much time and have too much stuff I don't care about), so I just enjoy watching the gay story arcs that people have put together. I found Craig and Dean's first arc ages ago on a gay tor rent site and I remember just being awed by it. It was so beautiful, and cheap, at the same time. I love Hollyoaks forever for that.

It's a shame Logo just discontinued Langford on Soaps which featured various gay story arcs from around the world. Hollyoaks was featured there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2016 11:28 PM

Agree with you r42. Langford on Soaps was how I learned about Hollyoaks. It was nice to have summaries of shows with gay plotlines that I might never have heard of otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2016 11:55 PM

Yeah, there promos are great. They also did the "Broken Hearts, Shattered Lives" back in 2012, which featured then-couple Ste & Doug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 7, 2016 1:14 AM

And more recently the 20th Anniversary promo, "One Killer Week," which was built around Hollyoaks Pride and Tony finding out about his son Harry's affair with Ste, as well as the glove-hand killer striking again, and three of the Roscoe brothers getting trapped in the river storm drain, set to drown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 7, 2016 1:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2016 1:53 AM

Yep, dat be gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2016 12:40 AM

James Nightingale is the new gay in town. He doesn't say that in this "Meet James" video, but he told Cindy he was gay last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2016 10:38 PM

Disappointed they made Ste hiv+.

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2016 11:31 PM

LOL! Tony wanted Harry to flirt with the gay restaurant critic to get a good review.

What a dad!

Harry did look awfully cute in his little waiter's uniform, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2016 10:07 PM

How gay [italic]are[/italic] the producers?

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2016 10:54 PM

R51 I don't know what Executive Producer Bryan Kirkwood's personal status is today, but when he first came to "Hollyoaks" back in 2006, it was said that he lived with his partner, Andy, in Liverpool.

Last year, Kirkwood was named to The Independent's (UK) "Rainbow List: 1 to 101," which is similar to Out Magazine's "Out100." He was listed as a "New Entry" at #65. (btw - Dominic Treadwell-Collins, EP over at EastEnders, was #37, also a "New Entry.")

by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2016 9:42 PM

[quote][R51] I don't know what Executive Producer Bryan Kirkwood's personal status is today, but when he first came to "Hollyoaks" back in 2006, it was said that he lived with his partner, Andy, in Liverpool.

According to Wikipedia, he got civil-partnered in 2011. Did those convert to real marriages?

by Anonymousreply 53February 15, 2016 9:51 PM

R53. No. Conversion is not automatic. A couple has to take steps to convert their Civil Partnership to a marriage. And Civil Partnerships still exist. In fact, there was just the recent case in the media where an opposite-sex couple is claiming discrimination, because such legal partnerships are only allowed for same-sex couples.

by Anonymousreply 54February 15, 2016 10:36 PM

John Paul is going to develop feelings for his mother's boyfriend, Diego.

Not thrilled with this development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 2, 2016 7:53 AM

They don't seem to know what to do with John Paul.

Apparently, JP begins dating some guy named "Jake," who is described as "over-eager," so it may not go very far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 5, 2016 11:21 PM

Then, he and Scott commiserate over things, and apparently there's supposed to be some kind of "spark."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 5, 2016 11:23 PM

Scott is toxic and gross.

by Anonymousreply 58March 5, 2016 11:36 PM

Scott's a difficult character. It's one thing for a character to be annoying, another to be less than attractive, and still another to be dumb. But when a character's all three, there's nothing to do but groan.

by Anonymousreply 59March 6, 2016 1:35 AM

Starry homeless!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 9, 2016 6:50 PM

Spring 2016 trailer.

Ste's going to surprise Harry by joining him in the shower, only to open the curtain to find Jack Osborne standing there .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2016 5:42 AM

Looks like JP trans dad might be interested in him in a sexual way

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2016 7:46 AM

R62 I don't think Sally's really interested in JP that way. I'd say the show was just trying to confuse the situation prior to the reveal that Iain/Sally is actually JP's father. So her feelings are paternal-maternal rather than sexual.

Now Scott seems to be the one who's interested in JP in a sexual way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2016 7:54 PM

They should have just let John Paul and Craig have their sunset ending and left it there.

Does Hollyoaks even have other storylines besides gay ones - god, it's like it's unintentionally Dante's Cover or something.

But, you have to admit that Lockie being down for some homo action was pretty hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2016 9:00 PM

I lurved JP with Lockie and really wanted to see more of them. It didn't make much sense that they wrote him off, that is, unless the lone Campell brother, Cameron, isn't long for this world either. Guessing that with three new guys arriving and Warren Fox returning that's probably on the horizon as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2016 9:41 PM

Donovan brothers arriving in late March and April. Said to be Grace's half-brothers, Liam, Adam, and Jesse.

Liam (the long-haired on one the left) appears to be a love interest for Tegan and Celine to fight over. No news on the sexuality of the other two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2016 2:24 AM

James has plans for the still-homeless Harry and Ste ....

[quote] Ste and Harry break into The Hutch to sleep for the night… but it seems they've been spotted. ... Ste and Harry exit The Hutch early morning and bump into James, who threatens to tell Tony unless they can come to another arrangement. Harry surprises Ste with a place to stay, but Ste is underwhelmed that it’s just a shack with some fairy lights and an electricity generator. Ste eventually agrees to stay there, but James is watching with a smirk – what does he want with Ste and Harry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2016 8:29 PM

Looks like James wants Harry ....

[quote] James brings Harry and Ste breakfast at The Shack. Ste has a trial shift at The Dog and James tampers with the beer pumps so they both get covered in beer. James leads Ste upstairs to get changed, knowing Harry will catch them. Later, James pulls up in his car alongside Harry and with a cheeky smile asks if he wants to 'have some fun'. They enjoy drinks and a takeaway in James’s car, then Harry is tempted by an indecent proposal…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2016 9:15 PM

James is lusting after Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 23, 2016 2:26 AM

Oh yes and James finally got what he wanted but it sometimes looks like he might want more and to take Harry away from Ste.

by Anonymousreply 70May 4, 2016 2:21 AM

Good, I can't stand Ste, he's skeevy.

When the oldest of Grace's brothers started to speak a purse flew out of his mouth. He's GOT to be gay.

I gather that the guy who plays Scott used to be a storyliner/script writer. I don't know which show he worked on, though.

by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2016 8:00 PM

R70 James obviously wants more. An can't deny Harry has some kind of chemistry with James. I wonder if it will turn to lust-hate?

But I'm surprised Harry gave the money back to James. I thought the cash would eventually play into the concurrent story about Tony needing 8K to fend off Myra's lawsuit. .. i.e. Harry gives Tony the 10K to pay back that exact amount (which Tony wasted on Harry's college tuition) with the proviso that Tony gives Ste back his job/partnership in The Hutch. With that, James and Marnie's plan would have been foiled - rather ironically - since the money to save the restaurant would have come by way of James. But I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2016 8:52 PM

R71 Ross Adams (Scott) was once the assistant to the series producer for Coronation Street, and then became a storyliner and script editor at Emmerdale (over 400 episodes).

by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2016 8:58 PM

I want to see the hot and sweaty sex between Harry and James and yes there is chemistry between the two. I don't like Ste's new hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2016 11:30 PM

R74 I'm sure James and Harry will have sex again, as James basically telegraphed that with his line about "no more withdrawals" of the cash kind (in the future). But I'm not sure if I want to see James naked. He looks a little scrawny. If there's a bed scene, they'll probably put him in a tank top. I can't remember the last time (if there was one?) where two guys were in bed on this show without one of them having some kind of shirt on.

They could also style James a little different. I know he's supposed to read "elitist solicitor" but they could surprise us and show him more casual with a fuller 'do and some weekend scruff at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2016 12:06 AM

[quote] I don't like Ste's new hairstyle.

It's not so much the style that I don't like, but it looks to have too much product in it. Plus, if a guy can't grow a decent beard, then don't. The thin patchy facial hair doesn't help. And what really doesn't help is letting it get all scraggly and go way down the throat. Draw a shave boundary line and keep it.

Congratulations, though. .. I guess Kieron's still popular enough to have made the short list for the Viewer Voted Best Actor category for the upcoming 2016 British Soap Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2016 12:58 AM

Kieron has a face I'd just love to smack. Very obnoxious. But I do think the scruffy look is his best look so far.

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2016 1:45 AM

Speaking of the BSA's, hot daddy, Jeremy, is up for Best Male Dramatic Performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2016 2:18 AM

And Ross Adams who plays Scott Drinkwell is up for Best Comedy Performance.

Here's Scott with his recently-announced fiance (Phil Crusham) when they were in New York last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2016 2:23 AM

Will Camreon let Ste drown?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2016 1:20 AM

JP's mom embarrassed by her son's queeney boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2016 9:06 AM

Cameron's hot.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2016 1:20 PM

Yeah, I think he's hot too. Cameron did a photo shoot for Gay TImes UK last year, cleverly entitled "Bad to the Bone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2016 7:25 PM

Nice ass too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2016 7:28 PM

The new DS in the village will be played by out actor, Andrew Hayden-Smith. He'll be playing DS Armstrong investigating the Patrick Blake case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 16, 2016 6:50 PM

Video from his GT shoot when he did the naked issue a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 16, 2016 6:51 PM

Another new guy coming to town, actor Duncan James.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2016 1:30 AM

Duncan's currently on tour in "Priscilla Queen of the Desert."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 23, 2016 1:33 AM

Male strippers

by Anonymousreply 89May 24, 2016 7:20 AM

Here they be ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 24, 2016 8:29 AM

You can never be too gay

by Anonymousreply 91May 24, 2016 2:54 PM

Duncan James used to be hot before he went overboard with the tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 92May 24, 2016 8:07 PM

Warren's back. Video clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2016 12:04 AM

And gay James is Warren's attorney.

Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2016 2:13 AM

I bet James would be more than happy to suck Warren's 10" beer can cock.

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2016 2:33 AM

It's now being reported that "the family" that the Duncan James character (Ryan) brings with him R87 is already one we know. It's going to be Ste's ex-, Amy Barnes, and his two kids, Leah and Lucas. The actress is returning full-time.

[quote] A future storyline will now see Amy move back to the village with Ryan and her children Leah and Lucas, but it’s not long before she finds herself caught between her old life and her new one. Billed as “professional, stable and aspirational in his values”, Ryan is the polar opposite of Amy’s troubled ex Ste Hay - so fans can expect the two men to go head-to-head in a story about blended family life.

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2016 8:21 PM

James already fucked twink Harry and just fucked JP. I don't think that Scott is JP's type and JP trying to force himself to an extent to be interested in Scott.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2016 8:28 PM

R97 Ya know, at this point, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a "type" for JP .. lol! Since he returned, they just seem to have him hook up with whomever happens to be around and is gay/bi. Looking at Danny, Ste, Lockie, Scott, and James collectively, I see little commonality to come up with a "type." I don't buy JP and Scott either, and I'm hoping that JP just takes Scott to bed to be done with this whole virgin thing, with them parting and simply remaining friends.

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2016 9:18 PM

What happened to the plan for JP to end up in bed with the Venezuelan hottie who was with his mother?

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2016 9:39 PM

Hasn't been the same since Chris Fountain left. I know he's not a public favorite (then or now) but MY GOD there was something about that boy.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2016 10:46 PM

What all of them have in common is they are too good looking for JP.

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2016 11:04 PM

Hey, hey, hey James Sutton is a good looking guy. I'd love to kiss those lips and feel them giving my cock a good seeing-to.

by Anonymousreply 102May 28, 2016 4:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 28, 2016 4:45 AM

That photo at R103 is about 8 years ago, but Sutton still looks pretty good. The pic below is from last year when Porsche found John Paul hiding in the closet because of his tryst with Lockie. Just a little toning in the chest and stomach/waistline would do wonders. He's better looking than both James and Scott, imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2016 10:27 PM

Speaking of stomachs, Parry Glasspool (Harry) certainly isn't shy with the selfies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2016 10:30 PM

No, he is not, R105. I'd lick him up and down with great satisfaction.

The girl who plays Peri really deserved her award. She's wonderful. And has amazing skin.

by Anonymousreply 106May 30, 2016 11:00 PM

"Harry asks James to give Tony a job at the new restaurant, but James wants Harry to sleep with him again in return.

"At the same time, Ste finds out that Harry has lied about his whereabouts when he spots him with James."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2016 4:58 AM

Parry Glasspool is hotter than those less than AVG's looking twinks on the American soaps.

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2016 5:05 AM

Have you ever seen Parry's "little brother"? He calls him that rather tongue-in-cheek, because he's younger. But the funny is, he's like this taller, broader version of cute lil' Parry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2016 6:38 AM

The Twincest storyline appears on both Brookside and Hollyoaks. Love the show.

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2016 11:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2016 6:22 AM

That was hilarious r111

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2016 11:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2016 5:52 AM

Th new cop (who's gay in real life).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2016 6:54 AM

R111 Oh dear, is Harry the pass around twink for way older men on the show now? When will he find someone his own age? Harry is like the show's cheeky version of Tom Daley.

by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2016 7:34 AM

R114 This new cop must be undercover as a male prostitute... ;D That is such a "ready to be fucked" pose.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2016 7:39 AM

Parry's Insta is certainly worth a follow. It's like he's allergic to shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2016 8:02 AM

Well Parry is a hot twink and has acting ability

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2016 9:51 AM

Besides the obvious reason, I've enjoyed watching Parry progress as an actor. He has a way of communicating so much with subtle facial expressions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2016 6:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2016 6:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2016 6:41 PM

Here comes another! (No word on who's playing him.)

June 30

[quote] When James's former lover, Carter, comes to the village, James needs a favour from reliable John Paul, who meanwhile begins to spin a web of lies to Scott. (The next day) James is distracted by seeing Joanne and Carter together - what are they up to?

by Anonymousreply 122June 18, 2016 10:46 PM

Carter's probably "the story that didn't end well" over in Japan that James hinted at when John Paul was in James' flat and picked up a piece of Japanese stoneware with James ordering him to "put it back."

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2016 9:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2016 7:21 AM

Not bad. Though, he could probably work on his ass a bit. ;-)

Charlie's Attitude magazine spread hints that he has a furry crack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Rainbow Charlie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2016 8:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2016 8:27 AM

No soap can be too gay. It's silly but at least there are gay storylines to follow.

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2016 9:40 AM

God, I hate tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2016 1:50 PM

R129 God hates tattoos, too. ;D

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2016 3:21 PM

"James Nightingale is set to rope in John Paul in his latest scam after he bumps into his former lover, who is setting up a new law firm. James agrees to go to lunch with Carter and his girlfriend Lara; then he comes up with an idea when he spots John Paul walking through the village with Scott.

"John Paul is shocked when he later gets a message from James asking him to join him as his pretend partner, but he soon finds himself agreeing. John Paul will pretend to be James’ new boyfriend, but for what reason is still unknown."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 24, 2016 6:16 AM

I'm sorry but wtf was Scott wearing?

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2016 9:25 AM

R132 I think Scott may still have his side-job as children's party magician, so he was wearing one his costumes.

by Anonymousreply 133June 28, 2016 1:36 AM

Kieron appears to be working out more. He says, "Still trying." His arms look pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 28, 2016 1:38 AM

Kieron can work out all he wants to but he still has a face which begs to be slapped.

by Anonymousreply 135June 28, 2016 2:00 AM

There's a word in German to describe that R135:

Backpfeifengesicht

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Heh heh. Thanks, R136.

by Anonymousreply 137June 28, 2016 3:46 AM

Go to 1:52 in the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2016 12:56 AM

Ooh Carter

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2016 3:46 PM

At least the UK soaps are not afraid of portraying gay characters. American tv shows have a huge problem with neutering, killing off and genuinely giving their gay characters very little screen time. It's why I mostly just watch British tv shows these days. Most American shows with gay characters just disappoint me.

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2016 3:56 PM

I'll bet he's sorry he picked Marlon Brando for his tattoo now. Only pick long dead people, gang.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2016 4:12 PM

I think Cleo's going after Nathan's daddy next. I've always thought David Easter was sexy as hell. When he was Pete on Family Affairs I often wanked off thinking of him inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 142July 2, 2016 6:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 2, 2016 7:55 PM

He could be on the hot silver daddy thread.

by Anonymousreply 144July 2, 2016 8:43 PM

So at least we now no James' weakness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 2, 2016 8:56 PM

^^^ "know"

by Anonymousreply 146July 2, 2016 8:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 15, 2016 7:21 AM

God, I hate Ste. Kieron Richardson is fugly.

by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2016 10:55 PM

Six Weeks of Summer starts tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 25, 2016 9:19 PM

John Paul continues to cheat on Scott with James.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2016 7:51 PM

Maybe Scott's too much queeney for JP

by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2016 9:17 PM

Scott's hideous. I wish there could be a cross-over with Coronation Street and Scott and Sean could end up moving to New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2016 9:19 PM

JP deserves a good man... not the series of losers since he came back to Hollyoaks.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2016 10:54 PM

R153 Yeah, but I loved JP and Lockie. He may have had his problems, but the pair had great chemistry (imho). And after Porsche departed, there was great potential for a story about how the two men could bring out the best in each other. (e.g. Lockie needed more stability, and JP needed more fun.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2016 11:12 PM

So whose more more queeney Scott(Hollyoaks) or Sean(Corrie)?

by Anonymousreply 155August 5, 2016 5:59 AM

Sean, I think.

by Anonymousreply 156August 5, 2016 9:47 PM

I don't watch Corrie, but one thing about Scott is, the character is meant to be queeney. It's part of the storyline, in that they've actually covered how other gay guys (e.g. James) roll their eyes over how Scott acts as well as addressed whether Scott is an embarrassment to John Paul. So at least Hollyoaks has made his queeniness topical. I don't know if I've ever seen that type of prejudice among gays broached on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 157August 5, 2016 10:30 PM

I'd like to see a "butch" gay end up being attracted to a "femme" gay like Scott. That does happen.

by Anonymousreply 158August 7, 2016 10:11 PM

R158 I'm remembering they kind of did something like that with Kris and Ravi - although they were both bisexual (each involved with Nancy as well). .. Kris presented femme, dressed wildly, wore makeup, did his nails, plucked his 'brows, etc. .. Meanwhile, Ravi was your athletic-masculine type, a boxer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 7, 2016 11:53 PM

So James considers himself a massive gay

by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2016 8:16 AM

Twink Harry (Parry Glasspool) has been suspended for two weeks and fined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 9, 2016 9:07 AM

It's the second time he's got in trouble in social media.

Maybe he should skip the attempts to be funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 9, 2016 9:14 AM

Yeah, he goes a tad overboard on Instagram and I love it!

by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Emmet Scanlan - so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2016 5:13 PM

R164 Super hot, nice cock with bush

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2016 8:09 PM

Looks tasty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 10, 2016 1:42 AM

R161 Parry ain't too bright, is he? I don't get his sense of humor at all.

by Anonymousreply 167August 10, 2016 1:58 AM

I always thought that boy needed a spanking!

by Anonymousreply 168August 10, 2016 2:38 AM

Okay, having the lesbian vicar flirt with Grace at Esther & Kim's wedding was LOL! funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 13, 2016 5:39 AM

Glasspool could end up like Chris Fountain if he's not careful-relegated to touring the hinterlands in The Full Monty like Fountain is doing now.

by Anonymousreply 170August 13, 2016 8:29 PM

Glasspool says he's "mortified" so perhaps this two-week break will give his immature brain time to think about things. I sometimes think they should have actors take a course on the do's and don't's of social media, especially what not to joke about.

by Anonymousreply 171August 13, 2016 8:44 PM

Glasspool is dumber than the character he plays. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 172August 14, 2016 1:27 AM

He's young and dumb and full of cum. And he's got damn pretty eyes. I like that in a guy.

by Anonymousreply 173August 14, 2016 1:32 AM

Yes, I like dumb too. He just needs to stick to the nearly-naked selfies and stop trying to have an opinion or be unfunny.

If he needs a handler, I volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 174August 14, 2016 2:11 AM

John Paul blind!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2016 9:00 AM

Warren's son, Joel Dexter, to return with a recast. He'll be played by stage actor, Rory Douglas-Speed.

Joel is now a priest in-training.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2016 8:44 PM

Brilliant new main titles have made their debut. From some of the buzz, I was afraid they were going to shift to still photos, but it's still live action. I think it's a nice update to the old titles using real scenes instead of the green screen, special effects. The theme's been tweaked a bit too. Really good job, imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 6, 2016 10:22 PM

I bet Ashley Taylor-Dawson is PISSED that he's no longer the final actor/character in the intro.

by Anonymousreply 178September 8, 2016 2:41 AM

Autumn (Halloween) 2016 Trailer.

Bonus: Nick Pickard (Tony) in a Speedo getting a spray-on tan... lol! .. Nice bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 12, 2016 9:19 PM

oh oh ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 25, 2016 10:31 AM

WTH is going on over at Hollyoaks with its younger actors.

by Anonymousreply 181September 25, 2016 2:10 PM

The actress who plays Frankie ain't that young (mid-50s?), and she was picked up for drunk driving about a year ago. As I recall, she was three times over the legal limit. She was written out for awhile. Apparently, she's cleaned up her act, since she's being regularly played again. And they canned fortysomething Daniella Westbrook before she even began. She was supposed to come back to reprise her role from a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 182September 25, 2016 6:16 PM

Oh, that guy R180. He's hot tho' That's the thing about British soaps, too much make up and many actors look like aliens, but the hot guys are hot.

by Anonymousreply 183September 25, 2016 6:21 PM

The girl who took the video should have waited till he got naked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 25, 2016 6:40 PM

Will Charlie get canned or will they write him out for awhile and demand he go to rehab to keep his job. Charlie looks to recently have been in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 25, 2016 6:50 PM

Is that Duncan "Eurovision" James I spied acting awfully in that trailer, R179? Even more gayness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 25, 2016 6:55 PM

R185 I've seen some responses that, if they don't can Clapham, then it would appear to be a double-standard, since they canned Stephanie Davis. But I don't see it that way at all. She brought her behavior to the set and interrupted filming - affecting the other actors, the crew, the whole production. Plus, Davis had reportedly been warned to clean up her act more than once. This was on his own personal time.

To me, this is far more similar to the Helen Pearson (Frankie) situation. Hers was alcohol, but she was driving under the influence and could have killed someone. (3X over legal limit and arrested by the police on the M6.) I know the appearance in Clapham's case is hard drugs and all, but for them to fire him outright, I think there'd have to be some evidence that it's been an issue in the workplace. They could do like EastEnders did with Ricky Norwood (ex-Fatboy). Suspend him for awhile, then write him without much story, and eventually ax him when his contract's up. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 187September 25, 2016 8:01 PM

Ayden Callaghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 5, 2016 7:29 AM

More Ayden Callaghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 5, 2016 7:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 5, 2016 7:30 AM

The cameraman gave us a nice, albeit quick shot of Ayden's big round bubble butt in his boxer briefs the other night.

by Anonymousreply 191October 5, 2016 7:52 AM

Butt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 5, 2016 7:04 PM

I guess he won "Sexist Male" at the Inside Soap Awards this past weekend.

His dad, Martin, does all his tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 6, 2016 9:48 AM

I preferred it's parent show, Brookside. When Hollyoaks first aired, the Brookside writers had its teen characters excitedly tell each other 'that new show Hollyoaks starts this week! I can't wait, it looks fabulous!'

by Anonymousreply 194October 6, 2016 9:53 AM

Jimmy Essex (Adam) has pretty blue eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 17, 2016 12:37 AM

The girl who plays Jade should have played Saffy's daughter in the Ab Fab movie.

by Anonymousreply 196October 22, 2016 2:06 AM

Ayden Callaghan and his butt are leaving the show. "Joe Roscoe" has already filmed his last scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 22, 2016 7:36 PM

Good. Joe was a bore.

by Anonymousreply 198October 23, 2016 4:27 AM

James Sutton interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 23, 2016 1:09 PM

I used to tolerate Joe, mainly because he was cast as the oldest brother, who was more or less supposed to act like a surrogate father within the Roscoe family. But the character is just too dense now and treating Mercedes like crap. He ain't worth it, girl. i hope this is the end of Joanne as well.

by Anonymousreply 200October 23, 2016 10:35 PM

Joanne has become desperate, needy and clingy.

by Anonymousreply 201October 23, 2016 11:30 PM

"Become?" .. I think Joanne's been desperate, needy, and clingy from the get-go, when she was still chasing after her ex-lover, Louis Loveday.

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2016 12:06 AM

I never got the point of Joanne. She's played by a good, hard working actress but she's never fit into the show.

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2016 12:27 AM

R203 I agree. Joanne has "plot device" stamped on her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2016 12:35 AM

I just read on another board that they had a leaving party for the actress who plays Joanne (on Friday). So she must be gone as well. Good.

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2016 10:14 AM

The actress who played Joanne reminds me of Stephanie Faracy, a character actress who worked a lot in the 1970s and 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 206October 25, 2016 1:45 AM

James' rentboy "Chico" aka "Kevin" is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 30, 2016 7:27 PM

Harry, Darren, and Diego

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 2, 2016 3:34 AM

Nathan Nightingale is now dead and James Sutton is leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 209February 15, 2017 9:54 PM

If I heard the video interview correctly, Jared Garfield (Nathan) considers himself a dancer first, and said he never intended to stick with this acting gig on Hollyoaks beyond his original 18-month contract. I like him, but I didn't really care or pay that much to his character until they hooked Nathan up with Lisa. I think the two complemented each other really well with a 'Taming of the Shrew' type vibe, which did a wonders for both their characters. I was actually dreading thinking of Nathan being paired with Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 210February 16, 2017 7:39 AM

I agree r210 I also didn't want them to do Nathan and Cleo either. Nathan and Lisa were much better.

by Anonymousreply 211February 16, 2017 12:24 PM

Nice bulge shot ... bye bye Nathan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 16, 2017 6:59 PM

More on JP's exit.

Plus, they'll be down another McQueen as Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes) goes on maternity leave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 27, 2017 10:27 PM

So John Paul escapes bitter James and dysfunctional Ste, and is off on new adventure ... with Craig getting the last shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 9, 2017 12:32 AM

At least JP got to leave alive and happy certain American soaps might have tried to have JP killed.

by Anonymousreply 215March 10, 2017 12:50 AM

During this second run, the only guy I really liked JP with was Lockie. Doug had potential too. Both dead. So given the alternatives, this was a pretty decent (happy) ending and nice closure.

by Anonymousreply 216March 10, 2017 1:05 AM

Your a pink plastic embarrassment. You can't even do gay right.

by Anonymousreply 217March 15, 2017 3:07 AM

I liked JP the best with the hot priest. I think his name was Kieron. I hated him with Craig. Craig never dealt with his own internalized homophobia and the actor said some stupid things about how he was very straight and that he was uncomfortable playing a gay character and kissing other guys. Also.. the actors had no chemistry imo. I know "McDean" was a popular couple, but I hated them.

by Anonymousreply 218March 15, 2017 9:39 AM

R218 Yeah, I liked him with Kieron as well. He was my favorite match-up in JP's first round.

by Anonymousreply 219March 15, 2017 6:47 PM

R2 Luke's rape is on youtube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 27, 2017 1:25 PM

I actually like James and Harry's more-or-less just sex relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 29, 2017 9:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 29, 2017 9:17 PM

Spring 2017 Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 19, 2017 7:04 AM

omg the pit in the op. I can smell the musk I swear! Thank you thoughtful OP!

by Anonymousreply 224April 19, 2017 7:08 AM

WTF happened to the guy who played Bart? When he was first on the show he was hot as hell. When he came back recently he looked skeevy and twenty years older.

by Anonymousreply 225April 20, 2017 4:02 AM

R225 Bart came back as strung out heroin addict, usually homeless or living in squalid conditions. I'm guessing the haircut, the tats, piercings, the wardrobe, etc. and basically the whole look the show decided to give him went toward making Bart appear "skeevy." The actor got questions about the tats and he replied that he himself has no tattoos. This is what Jonny Clarke's current head shot looks like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 20, 2017 5:22 AM

Thanks, R226. I do suspect that "hard living" got Clarke fired from the show years ago. He was groomed to be one of the stars of the show and he was axed after six months, I think.

by Anonymousreply 227April 28, 2017 3:34 AM

Adam Woodward joining the cast during the upcoming location shoot in Ibiza. His character is said to be a ladies man.

He most recently had a small arc on Emmerdale as the escort whom Tracy hired to date gay Finn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 7, 2017 11:23 PM

A second one coming to.... Jacob Roberts as "Damon Kinsella."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 13, 2017 8:14 AM

Does Hulu still show Hollyoaks?

by Anonymousreply 230May 13, 2017 9:05 AM

Pic in OP is both sweet and hot

by Anonymousreply 231May 13, 2017 9:37 AM

R230 Unfortunately, not. They gave it up last April 2016. For a viewers in the U.S., there are a few 'pirates' who upload the show on youtube. The best channel for quality and consistency I've run across is the one called "Price Slice Three." I think the guy sometimes switches to "Price Slice Two," etc. if there's an issue with the 'police.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 13, 2017 7:26 PM

Gary Lucy is returning to Hollyoaks. That's a pretty big deal.

by Anonymousreply 233May 22, 2017 12:26 AM

Yes, it is!

by Anonymousreply 234May 22, 2017 12:37 AM

So apparently, Ryan is bisexual and was sleeping with Kyle the night Amy was murdered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 22, 2017 8:57 PM

Kyle is one lucky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 236May 23, 2017 4:22 AM

Yes he is r236

by Anonymousreply 237May 23, 2017 7:10 AM

Amy's murderer must be a religious nut because her vagina is turning everyone gay

by Anonymousreply 238May 23, 2017 7:43 AM

WTF?! I s2g if they make Ryan gay only to incarcerate him for murder I will flip shit. Like.. what is even the point then? I was so happy to get yet another hot gay character on tv (played by an openly gay/bi man to boot) and now he might leave the show! I'm so disappointed :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 4, 2017 8:55 AM

"DON'T DROP THE SOAP!"

by Anonymousreply 240June 4, 2017 9:03 AM

I hope he isn't leaving r429

by Anonymousreply 241June 5, 2017 3:15 AM

Meant r239

by Anonymousreply 242June 5, 2017 3:18 AM

Really a tatted up lesbo who is a medical professional? That's believeable

by Anonymousreply 243June 8, 2017 3:56 AM

June 2017 issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 8, 2017 10:05 PM

Hollyoakes needs to rebrand itself as a gay soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 245June 8, 2017 11:31 PM

Photo shoot June 8th.

(with Banana Bongos, of course .. lol)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 10, 2017 7:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 13, 2017 6:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 14, 2017 11:13 PM

R229 It's now been revealed that Damon will be Scott's brother.

by Anonymousreply 249June 15, 2017 6:20 AM

Interview with "Kyle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 16, 2017 10:13 PM

Coinciding with the 50th anniversary of The Sexual Offences Act, the documentary will feature clips from Hollyoaks' most iconic LGBTQ moments and will be narrated by the show's biggest LGBTQ heroes past and present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2017 6:49 PM

The Stendan stans are going to go nuts...lol

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2017 7:03 PM

Scott trying to kill himself seemed to come on very suddenly. But apart from that, it was done pretty well. The things he said about how he is treated, even in his own community, were issues not dealt with in American soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 253July 4, 2017 4:03 PM

[quote] Scott trying to kill himself seemed to come on very suddenly.

I think they were going for that message you often hear about real life suicides and attempts when friends and family later report, "they had no idea." And I think what sent Scott over the edge is finding out his bio-mother has another son. And yeah, how Hollyoaks has shown the disdain by other gay characters (like James and John Paul) for Scott's flamboyancy is definitely something different for soap operas, and of course, very real life too. It's been very well done.

by Anonymousreply 254July 4, 2017 11:29 PM

"Gay guy" Duncan James on Loose Women yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 6, 2017 10:01 PM

Snapped at London Pride 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256July 9, 2017 2:24 AM

Also, Duncan spotted with his new boyfriend this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 9, 2017 2:27 AM

Meet Brody!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 26, 2017 8:07 AM

So apparently Jimmy Essex (Adam Donovan) has made it official that he's gay?

He just put up a photo of himself with the guy in this pride photo, indicating they've been together for four years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 10, 2017 10:47 PM

[quote] Thank you for putting up with me, 4 years!! You must be mental! I love you. @charlesmusic_

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 10, 2017 10:49 PM

OP's title is criticizing what the article (and its title) says. It is not the producer who was being criticized, but they were the one doing the criticism. And it's just one, not producers, plural.

by Anonymousreply 261August 10, 2017 10:51 PM

* criticizing = distorting

by Anonymousreply 262August 10, 2017 11:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 10, 2017 11:50 PM

Twink Luke Jerdy also went to pride

by Anonymousreply 264August 11, 2017 3:42 AM

Luke's pride post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 11, 2017 3:48 AM

Cute, but twink? I believe he's going on 28.

(btw- Jerdy and the actress playing lesbian, Kim Butterfield, are supposedly a real-life item.)

by Anonymousreply 266August 11, 2017 5:50 AM

Interview with Jimmy bf on his music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 13, 2017 2:33 AM

Comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 13, 2017 2:50 AM

Awkward R268

by Anonymousreply 269August 13, 2017 2:51 AM

Maybe not so awkward. She wished Charles a happy birthday in July 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 13, 2017 3:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 13, 2017 3:09 AM

She labels this one "squad."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272August 13, 2017 3:11 AM

Brunch at Manchester Pride this past weekend. Kieron and his husband with Jimmy and his Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273August 28, 2017 10:57 PM

So Harry killed Amy? Is it the end for the twink?

by Anonymousreply 274September 7, 2017 3:10 AM

R274 Twink Harry didn't do it. There's another twist in the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 8, 2017 1:56 AM

Twink Harry needs to get a career going in gay porn and leave the acting to professionals

by Anonymousreply 276September 9, 2017 2:58 AM

Autumn Trailer.

I know Sami Maalik goes to work for James' law firm. But is he gay? Those shopping bags look kinda gay .. lol!

Also, naked Gary Lucy alert at 0:21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 19, 2017 1:02 AM

Looks like Harry is now selling himself for tricks on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 278November 10, 2017 9:49 PM

I wish James would take Harry in. Given their history, it would make sense. And even though, he'd have a personal motive, James has repeatedly sounded the alarm that Harry is blowing his potential by sticking with Ste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 10, 2017 10:50 PM

So a 19 year old able bodied man cannot find another way to support himself?

by Anonymousreply 280November 11, 2017 12:26 AM

I think the development about Harry is mainly to have the closeted Ry-Ry try to hire him, but then, when he realizes it's Harry, he launches into police officer mode and arrests him.

by Anonymousreply 281November 11, 2017 5:56 PM

Naked Brody coming up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 11, 2017 5:57 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 283November 13, 2017 8:34 AM

James is on the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284November 13, 2017 8:35 PM

Yes he is r284

by Anonymousreply 285November 13, 2017 8:51 PM

I am in love with the guy on the left in the OP's photo sporting the Freddie Mercury mustache.

by Anonymousreply 286November 13, 2017 8:53 PM

R286 It's Emmett J. Scanlan who played the infamous, Brendan Brady. That's him naked up in R164.

by Anonymousreply 287November 14, 2017 12:30 AM

Winter Trailer ...

Looks like "co-parents," Ryan and Ste, have a moment. (Of course.) .. And James tells Harry, "You don't have to be by yourself." (No he doesn't!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 20, 2017 8:53 PM

Oh my bulge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289December 12, 2017 11:05 PM

R289 When I watched that scene on Channel 4 the other night, I must've backed that scene up four or five times. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 290December 13, 2017 2:28 AM

Actor Charlie Clapham has moved to California.

by Anonymousreply 291December 13, 2017 8:59 PM

Out on a date...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 14, 2017 11:48 PM

"I'll always look out for you."

ahhhhh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 19, 2017 5:52 AM

New Year 2018 Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 3, 2018 5:48 AM

R37/R110 the Georgia & Nat storyline was everything when I was a kid. They were The Couple of Summer ‘96 in Soapland.

The passion, the swerves, all the upper-middle-class angst...I do so miss it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 8, 2018 8:00 PM

I concur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296February 9, 2018 6:20 AM

Kyle is back, and James has a one-night stand with him. Of course, Kyle would like more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297February 11, 2018 9:19 PM

What happened to Ryan? Has he left town? Last I saw was him locking the chica in the basement of that building that looked like it was being taken down. Has he been on since?

by Anonymousreply 298February 14, 2018 7:46 AM

Cheers R40.....Loved the JP & Lockie scenes....

by Anonymousreply 299February 14, 2018 8:36 AM

R298

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 14, 2018 8:50 AM

Yes he does r297

by Anonymousreply 301February 17, 2018 5:15 AM

R298 Right now, Ryan's taken off for parts unknown. No one knows where he is. .. James mentioned this last week when he was trying to convince Harry to change his plea to "not guilty." .. One of the reasons he gave was because a lead witness in the prosecution's case (Ryan) has just vanished. .. As the article at R300 notes, he's supposed to return for the big reveal that he killed Amy.

by Anonymousreply 302February 17, 2018 6:25 PM

Mitzeee won an Oscar last night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 5, 2018 9:12 PM

Adam Rickitt (gay Kyle Kelly) promoted to series regular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 18, 2018 8:50 PM

Isn't Kyle supposed to be seducing James?

by Anonymousreply 305March 18, 2018 10:57 PM

R305 Yes. Kyle is working for Sami Maalik in his revenge plot against James.

by Anonymousreply 306March 18, 2018 11:53 PM

Well r306 Kyle was already willing to give it up again for Ryan for free but this time I guess he's getting paid to do so.

by Anonymousreply 307March 19, 2018 3:03 AM

I think Kyle was willing to give it up for Ryan for free, because he seemed to have fallen in love with Ryan (e.g. the letters he was sending Ryan from prison). But since he was busted for selling medical marijuana, he now needs a new income stream to save up cash in order to pay for the experimental stem cell treatment he's hoping to have. Enter Sami.

by Anonymousreply 308March 19, 2018 3:14 AM

Ryan is back.

by Anonymousreply 309March 24, 2018 12:52 AM

I've thought this was where this was headed. Now confirmed: Coach Buster Smith to groom and sexually abuse Ollie Morgan.

I bet Buster did the same to Brody back in the day as well, and that's what Maggie was referring to before she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 26, 2018 6:07 AM

They need to get Harry out of jail stat—- his hole must have prolapsed by now from all the poundings

by Anonymousreply 311March 26, 2018 11:22 PM

Harry would have been smart to become one, big guy's prison wife who'd serve as his protector. Then, at some point out in the future, they could have this guy show up in the village.

by Anonymousreply 312March 27, 2018 7:50 PM

btw - I thought D.S. Thorpe did a nice job in his scenes with Ryan. Those looked like real tears between the two. It's nice when typically comic actors get a chance to do something serious.

by Anonymousreply 313March 27, 2018 7:53 PM

Ryan tried to get Ste and the kids to leave with him and go to Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 314April 7, 2018 7:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 8, 2018 3:56 AM

Spring 2018 Trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 10, 2018 8:20 PM

That's a good trailer R316

by Anonymousreply 317April 11, 2018 2:36 AM

Harry is out of jail

by Anonymousreply 318April 13, 2018 7:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2018 8:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2018 10:50 PM

lol~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 15, 2018 7:10 AM

The guy playing Milo's brother, Theo, used to be on "Doctors." ... Matt Kennard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 16, 2018 7:48 AM

As telegraphed .. Ollie's story is also Brody's story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 17, 2018 12:22 AM

Dramatic scene. Adam Woodward ... wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 17, 2018 10:43 PM

So Mac forced James to have sex with a female prostitute when he was a teen thinking it would help turn him straight and his mom secretly paid the prostitute to have an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2018 9:33 PM

I might have to start watching this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2018 9:36 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the prostitute didn't go through with the abortion but took the money anyway.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2018 9:42 PM

R326 I understand the attraction of Harry and Ste (i.e. two cute guys) -- although personally, I think the Ste character has been played out and could use a rest. But personally, I prefer Harry with James. They've got a connection involving the ability to change one another for the better. I hope Harry returns the favor and is there for James in whatever misery the Sami-Kyle revenge plot leads to.

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2018 9:50 PM

I also like Harry and James together but Harry has used him so much its almost insulting now. James isn't a complete idiot... He has some balls asking James to help him out of Ste-related mess AGAIN. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 329May 29, 2018 11:39 AM

Ste gets himself into quite a bit of mess often R329

by Anonymousreply 330May 29, 2018 12:27 PM

R330 Harry has spent his entire adult life in Ste's many messes. It's boring now. He needs a new direction and man, since James is playing house and hospital with Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 331June 1, 2018 6:21 AM

Harry needs someone his own age. He grew up too fast having to deal with all of Ste's baggage and he never had a chance to enjoy being a young gay man.

by Anonymousreply 332June 1, 2018 6:48 AM

R332, he was teenage step-daddy! What ridiculous unrealistic writing for a young gay man. I can't believe how long this has been dragged out just to appease their fans who somehow think Ste and his trainwreck life is cute and lovable.

Harry's own storyline about exploring himself outside of Ste would be welcomed. I thought we were onto something when Harry acknowledged that his entire relationship with Ste was him chasing after him but I haven't seen any mention/action of it since his talk with James.

by Anonymousreply 333June 1, 2018 9:01 AM

And you know, Ste's mess is just going to get messier with Sinead returning. .. I assume she'll be accompanied by Ste's 3-year old daughter, Hannah.

Maybe they could hook Harry up with the new guy, "Romeo," to be played by Owen Warner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 2, 2018 7:38 PM

Harry really does need someone outside of Ste and his mess.

by Anonymousreply 335June 2, 2018 8:21 PM

The writers have done a fantastic job in making his character unlikable to viewers. But I still root for him.

by Anonymousreply 336June 4, 2018 1:09 PM

Maybe Harry should try seeing someone close to or around his own age.

by Anonymousreply 337June 4, 2018 1:28 PM

Harry is in university again? During their fight over Harry unplugging the refrigerator to charge his phone, Ste said "your new uni friends". and mentions of students. When did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 338June 8, 2018 12:59 AM

R338 I guess at some point after James got Harry got of jail he found a way to return to university.

by Anonymousreply 339June 8, 2018 1:34 AM

It's possible Harry's not even in university, and it's just a way for him to allocate blocks of time being a rentboy. .. I wonder how much he charges? ;-)

I used to kind of enjoy Kyle, but he's coming off too solicitous and pretentious to the point of being rather syrupy and downright annoying.

by Anonymousreply 340June 9, 2018 8:44 PM

Yes Harry has gone back to being a rentboy and yes on Kyle becoming annoying.

by Anonymousreply 341June 10, 2018 12:26 PM

From what I remember when James was pimping him out it was 200 quid or so per hour. Which he thought was a killing since he would charge pennies as a streetwalker. Can't imagine he'd go back to underselling, hopefully he will discover chaturbate soon and save the police the paperwork.

by Anonymousreply 342June 10, 2018 4:42 PM

A question because I missed it - did Ryan's dead body actually turn up? Or is he only assumed dead because Harry watched him get carried away down the river?

by Anonymousreply 343June 10, 2018 6:31 PM

R343 The police eventually found Ryan's body. .. His corpse was in a body bag on a slab at the coroner's when Ste and Harry went to identify him. But they didn't show Duncan James' face - just the character reactions that it was Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 344June 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Fraus really hate Harry and want him off the show.

by Anonymousreply 345June 12, 2018 10:27 AM

I've never gotten the idea that fraus wield much influence with Kirkwood & Company.

by Anonymousreply 346June 12, 2018 9:12 PM

Harry was there for James today.

by Anonymousreply 347June 13, 2018 3:58 AM

R347 Loved it. It's nice to see their usual situation in reverse. A good wrap up would be Harry somehow helping James out of this.

by Anonymousreply 348June 13, 2018 4:53 AM

So I guess this abuse storyline is not going to give us a scene of Buster going down on Ollie

by Anonymousreply 349June 22, 2018 5:11 AM

Not when it airs at 6:30pm, R349.

As I recall, the 2016 grooming-abuse storyline between Pete and teenager Cleo didn't get graphic either. It was all about implying things, and they did a good job of it, getting praise in the media for how they handled it.

by Anonymousreply 350June 22, 2018 5:50 AM

James getting closer to who set him up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 26, 2018 9:57 PM

So it was heavily implied that Buster did something with Ollie in today’s episode. I’m guessing that it’s limited to inappropriate touching, otherwise Olliewould put an end to it. Hopefully, it is not something a sick as penetration because Ollie definitely needs to put an end to that.

by Anonymousreply 352June 28, 2018 3:49 AM

I think the story is going to move into a full on sex phase now. With Luke desperately wanting Ollie to achieve glory as a footballer, Buster will pressure Ollie into full submission

by Anonymousreply 353June 29, 2018 4:22 PM

The hot son arrives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 30, 2018 7:13 PM

Will they make the Son gay

by Anonymousreply 355June 30, 2018 7:25 PM

Gay father. Hooker mother.

Might be a recipe for bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 356June 30, 2018 7:53 PM

Should Imran also become a victim of Buster?

by Anonymousreply 357July 3, 2018 3:10 AM

R357 I'd say, "No.." But I also think the more applicable question might be: "COULD Imran also become a victim of Buster?"

Presently, I don't view Imran as the type of boy Buster hones in on. Based on what we know about Brody and Ollie, Buster apparently looks for "normal" boys who suddenly find themselves in a situation where they're facing some big problem or dilemma - one not of their own making - but something that they're desperately tying to deal with. Enter Buster.

In Brody's case, it sounds like he was a good kid trying to deal with a horrible situation in his own home. He found refuge at the Smith-Kinsella home with surrogate mom, Maggie and near-brother, Damon. This environment apparently saved him, even if it meant having to put up with Buster. The alternative seemed worse.

Similarly, Ollie's also a good kid who's now faced with trying to live up to his alcoholic father's expectations of him. The burden of Luke living vicariously through him weighs heavily on Ollie. And I imagine, just like young Brody must have felt, Ollie is now putting up with Buster, because in his young brain, he doesn't see any other solution. Ollie thinks he needs to be a success for Luke, and Buster says he can do that for him.

Conversely, Imran isn't facing some problem or dilemma external to him. In Imran's case, he IS the problem, and he's the one trying to control his mother. Moreover, unlike Brody and Ollie, Imran's not a good ("normal") kid. Imran's been labeled a "freak" more than once, and he's basically on the road to becoming a psychopath. I imagine a predator like Buster wouldn't target a boy like Imran, because he's not easy to manipulate and control, and he's totally unpredictable. Anything could happen with hothead Imran, so Buster would probably avoid such a boy.

by Anonymousreply 358July 3, 2018 8:46 PM

Just watch today’s episode, that Ellie sure is a bitch. Hopefully Sammy and Imran gang rape her before throwing her out of the window

by Anonymousreply 359July 5, 2018 4:02 AM

David Tag (Sylver) isn't shy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 16, 2018 11:35 PM

Summer 2018 - Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 20, 2018 12:10 AM

Well Harry is still selling his ass

by Anonymousreply 362July 24, 2018 5:21 AM

Harry went from streetwalker to rentboy.com/man-finder escort. Would that be considered vertical career growth or horizontal?

by Anonymousreply 363July 24, 2018 7:39 AM

Maybe both R363.

by Anonymousreply 364July 24, 2018 8:19 PM

Harry said that James was the only one he could talk to. You can tell that Harry still has feelings for james even though he's with Ste.

by Anonymousreply 365July 25, 2018 5:14 AM

I was really hoping Harry could be there for James for once but instead incarcerated James, who is battling murder charges, is using his weekly visitation hour to talk to Harry about his relationship. Oh how habits die hard.

R365, he did say "it's emotional" between him and James, I think that's the start of Harry admitting feelings. Deep down I root for them, if only because I want this Ste/Harry nonsense to end.

by Anonymousreply 366July 25, 2018 5:27 AM

They should make James's son gay or bi and hook up with Harry

by Anonymousreply 367July 25, 2018 5:33 AM

Harry was almost ready to dump Ste for James if wasn't for James for pushing Harry to work it out with Ste R366. Sneid coming back will probably make things worse for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 368July 25, 2018 6:01 AM

I think Harry and James is hot. I wonder if the writers will ever stop teasing them as a couple and just do it.

by Anonymousreply 369July 25, 2018 11:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370July 25, 2018 7:37 PM

R370, is that new? what does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 371July 26, 2018 4:18 AM

Harry and James complement each other very well. I really enjoy their scenes.

btw - the married guy who played "Christopher" Harry's recent customer will apparently be seen again. His agency says "several episodes."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 26, 2018 6:49 PM

They need to do Harry and James and move Ste on to someone else. I will say that Kieron hair is looking better than what it was previously looking like for the show.

by Anonymousreply 373July 26, 2018 11:50 PM

Great scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 27, 2018 1:09 AM

I want to thank the wardrobe team for always dressing Harry in shirts 2 sizes small.

by Anonymousreply 375July 27, 2018 3:44 AM

Agreed r375

by Anonymousreply 376July 27, 2018 10:05 AM

R372 multiple episodes means he either becomes Harry's blackmailer or sugar daddy.

by Anonymousreply 377July 27, 2018 10:22 AM

I'd like to thank the cameraman for zooming in on Harry's butt in his tight pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378July 27, 2018 10:37 AM

[quote] They need to do Harry and James and move Ste on to someone else.

I agree. .. I was thinking about the guys currently in the village, and I wonder if Sylver would work well with Ste? .. Hs sexual history could be questionable, because he looks early 30s, and they've said he was in prison for the last 15 years. (Maybe he had a prison bitch or two .. lol!) I know Simone begins to look at Sylver that way, but that wouldn't stop Hollyoaks from making him fluid. Plus, as I recall, Myra and the McQueens don't like "Ste McQueen" much, because of what happened with John Paul, so they could play that angle.

by Anonymousreply 379July 27, 2018 9:25 PM

Harry just can't seem to stay away from James.

by Anonymousreply 380August 2, 2018 6:22 AM

Harry sneaking in contraband to James. 📱

by Anonymousreply 381August 2, 2018 11:18 PM

r381 They had AMAZING chemistry today.

That little mini-Ste brat needs to mind her business and go play.

by Anonymousreply 382August 3, 2018 9:37 AM

Yes they did R382.

by Anonymousreply 383August 3, 2018 5:23 PM

Leah is so annoying these days.

by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2018 10:08 PM

Kyle blowing through his blackmail money because his surgery failed and he's dying anyway, using profile name "Mr Generosity" to hire escort Harry unknowingly and Harry finding out he is alive, moments after his fiance' says to choose between Ste or James. SOAP GOLD.

such a good soapy moment.

by Anonymousreply 385August 4, 2018 3:36 AM

Yes it was R385

by Anonymousreply 386August 4, 2018 6:20 AM

After his fight with Ste he seemed like he was trying to blow off steam..by picking up a john? Has there been any other reasons established in the show for Harry's escorting besides money? I.e he enjoys his sex work or is sex addicted etc ? It would give him a bit of depth if it wasn't as clear cut as 'I needed the money'

by Anonymousreply 387August 5, 2018 3:35 AM

Anyone saw the magaluf epsiode with a decent amount of Sylver's ass? Usually when Hollyoaks show bum it is a quick flash but this was a good 2-3 scenes where you saw it

by Anonymousreply 388August 15, 2018 3:52 PM

Ste is left furious when he later discovers that Harry has visited James again.

by Anonymousreply 389August 16, 2018 9:36 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing furious Ste's head explode, literally.

by Anonymousreply 390August 16, 2018 10:33 PM

Yes R390

by Anonymousreply 391August 17, 2018 3:35 AM

Well it looks tomorrow Harry is going to visit James in the hospital much to ire of Ste.

by Anonymousreply 392August 23, 2018 1:21 AM

Get out now Harry! .. It can only get worse when Sinead returns with Ste's other kid.

by Anonymousreply 393August 23, 2018 1:30 AM

Today is the day Harry should be visiting James in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 394August 23, 2018 10:25 PM

Well Harry just admitted to Ellie that he can't stop thinking about James and needed her so he could visit James in the hospital and Ste is angry that Harry lied to him and went to see James.

by Anonymousreply 395August 23, 2018 11:43 PM

Ste has got the kind of face which is just begging to be punched.

by Anonymousreply 396August 24, 2018 2:12 AM

This Ollie and Buster situation... what's going on?

I've only seen a bunch of clips on youtube about it. Are either of these guys gay? Bi?

I'm guessing the kid is just being mind-fucked. But what about the Buster dude? Does he just get off on power plays?

by Anonymousreply 397August 24, 2018 3:57 AM

Ste wanting to know how many guys Harry has fucked on Manfinder 5,10,50 😂

by Anonymousreply 398August 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Harry instantly knew it was Kyle in the profile picture just based off the shape of his abs. 😅

by Anonymousreply 399August 25, 2018 2:26 AM

James fucked Kyle, who fucked Ryan, who fucked Ste, who fucked Harry, who fucked James.

What soap opera!

by Anonymousreply 400August 27, 2018 2:11 AM

James and the way he talked to Harry. Telling Harry that every time he close his eyes that he was thinking about James and not Ste to them then fucking. 😀

by Anonymousreply 401August 28, 2018 4:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402August 28, 2018 8:54 AM

Me like ;-)

btw - James should think about keeping the scruff.

by Anonymousreply 403August 28, 2018 8:51 PM

Yes R403

by Anonymousreply 404August 28, 2018 10:15 PM

Well Harry can't seem to get enough of James since he decided to go back for seconds.

by Anonymousreply 405August 29, 2018 12:19 AM

HOT. Love that Harry is getting to enjoy his youth being bad and sleeping around. More realistic than him turning into a stepfather at 19.

by Anonymousreply 406August 29, 2018 5:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 29, 2018 6:43 AM

Harry looked slightly annoyed when Ste kissed him in front of James.

by Anonymousreply 408August 31, 2018 3:55 AM

Buster's really done a number on poor Brody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409September 1, 2018 9:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 11, 2018 11:48 PM

"Good is the last thing you'll ever be."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 12, 2018 10:40 PM

Autumn trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 17, 2018 6:51 PM

...!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 19, 2018 7:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414September 19, 2018 7:28 AM

nicely done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415September 20, 2018 6:49 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 20, 2018 6:50 AM

James finally admitted to Harry his feelings for him. There's no interesting and complex James type gays on American soaps.

by Anonymousreply 417September 20, 2018 6:58 AM

Harry told James to wait for him.

by Anonymousreply 418September 20, 2018 10:56 PM

Looks like the Kyle character will be reconnecting with his childhood sweetheart, Nancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 23, 2018 10:43 PM

So now Kyle’s bi?

by Anonymousreply 420September 24, 2018 2:23 AM

I had thought Kyle was a gold star. I believe this is the week of Ste and Harry wedding which might end end in disaster especially with Sneid back. Harry has admitted to James that he has feelings for him and seems to enjoy the sex between them.

by Anonymousreply 421September 24, 2018 12:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422September 24, 2018 1:03 PM

Nancy and Kyle were teen sweethearts. I can't recall if it was implied that they'd ever had sex or not, though. .. But when they first reconnected, Nancy didn't know or consider that Kyle was now gay, because she went on to make up this lie to Darren about Kyle having a wife, so that Darren wouldn't think that she and Kyle were having some kind of (renewed ??) affair. .. When Kyle corrected Nancy, she was surprised to learn he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 423September 25, 2018 2:40 AM

Also, before the reveal that Kyle and Ryan had hooked up, Kyle actually tried to kiss Nancy once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 25, 2018 9:14 PM

The upcoming story, though, might be more about Nancy involving Kyle in her revenge plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 25, 2018 9:15 PM

Coming up ...

Romeo breaks into James’s flat, but he panics when Harry let’s himself in, in an attempt to hookup with James.

Marnie catches Harry half-naked in the flat and demands that he choose between James and his fiancé, Ste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426September 26, 2018 9:42 PM

This new story with Nancy and Kyle is supposed to be long term and possibly take place over the course of a year.

by Anonymousreply 427September 26, 2018 10:37 PM

And recalling that ... Nancy getting involved with bisexual men is already part of her character's history. .. There was the rather famous story where Nancy was seeing both Ravi Roy and Kris Fisher. Both guys were bisexual and having a relationship of their own. When Nancy found out, the three of them hashed it out and decided to try to make a throuple work. As I recall, it didn't last long, but they remained friends. Ravi was a favorite of mine ;-) I think he once hit on Mercedes' current fiance, Russ Owens .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 26, 2018 11:57 PM

Harry was back today with wine and ready to fuck with James.

by Anonymousreply 429October 1, 2018 8:56 PM

For now Harry has chosen Ste but he was clearly jealous of seeing James kissing another man.

by Anonymousreply 430October 2, 2018 10:25 PM

in the meantime ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431October 4, 2018 8:06 AM

Harry to James: You are the one I want to be with but because of my family and Dee Dee I have to stay with Ste.

by Anonymousreply 432October 4, 2018 4:25 PM

Mmmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 5, 2018 1:42 AM

Romeo blackmails Harry.

by Anonymousreply 434October 12, 2018 4:54 AM

Romeo and Harry should hook up

by Anonymousreply 435October 12, 2018 5:28 AM

R435– That would be a good soapy story— Romeo doesn’t have to be gay just willing to do anything to hurt James

by Anonymousreply 436October 13, 2018 3:36 PM

Checking out his tan line from Mexico and commenting on his "white bumbum."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437October 16, 2018 2:07 AM

James decides to expose his affair with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 438October 16, 2018 2:14 AM

From the wedding photos out, it looks like Ste and Harry's marriage ceremony goes through, but I notice that they then include a photo showing them about "to sign of the legal document." Since that part is often left out on soaps, I'm wondering if something happens before they (both) sign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439October 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Supposedly special "gifts" will be included in the wedding that expose Harry affair with James.

by Anonymousreply 440October 19, 2018 9:12 PM

Interview with Gregory Finnegan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 20, 2018 6:41 AM

Good interview R441

by Anonymousreply 442October 20, 2018 5:49 PM

I first started watching Hollyoaks when Ste was involved with an actual good guy - Doug.

I remember that Mitzee had just been murdered so I only got to know her through some brief flashback scenes. But I remember thinking that she would have been a really likeable character and it was a shame I didn't get to know her more.

Come to find out that this was her winning an Oscar for best short film this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443October 21, 2018 6:27 PM

It's actually "Mitzeee" with three e's ... The spelling was part of the story. ;-)

btw - She's not dead. She's Maxine's sister, "Anne" who lives out in Los Angeles. Every time Maxine mentions "Anne" she's talking about "Mitzeee." In fact, I think Maxine just mentioned that she's got Minnie stashed out in L.A. with Anne, because of this recent, dangerous ordeal with Glenn.

One of funnier arcs with Mitzeee was how she was one of the first characters to discover that Brendan was gay and having a down low affair with Ste. She made a pact with Brendan. She'd be his beard, if he managed her career. She was trying to become a "celebrity model."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 21, 2018 7:19 PM

Thanks for the correction, r444. I really messed that up. It was actually Lynsey Nolan (I had to look this up) that I was thinking of. She was murdered just when I started watching the show, presumably by Silas at the time, but it turned out to be the doctor the Mercedes was involved with - Paul Browning.

Don't know why I confused her for Mitzeee.

by Anonymousreply 445October 22, 2018 5:58 AM

Harry left James a message saying that he wants to be with him flaws and all.

by Anonymousreply 446October 22, 2018 11:57 AM

Well Ste now knows about Harry and James.

by Anonymousreply 447October 22, 2018 10:59 PM

Romeo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448October 24, 2018 2:24 AM

New interview from the Inside Soap Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449October 25, 2018 10:06 PM

Tony was a complete hypocrite and ass to Harry today.

by Anonymousreply 450October 26, 2018 1:11 AM

Looks like Harry will be going away for awhile after Tony chose Ste and kicked him out.

by Anonymousreply 451October 27, 2018 7:48 AM

Laurie's handsome.

One thing I noticed was when he was talking to Sami about his legal problem, the writers used words that didn't identify the sex of the accuser.

Instead they had Laurie use the words "someone" and "person." And the other day the phone message from the mystery person just showed the letter "G."

Perhaps the accuser is boy with a crush on him ?? .. Anyway, at some time, I could see them doing the flip side of the recent grooming story, showing a young male student making up a story about a teacher he's in lust with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452November 13, 2018 8:05 PM

Upcoming Winter trailer hints that Ray Quinn could be a new love interest for Ste. (Not familiar with him at all.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453November 18, 2018 9:28 PM

Winter Trailer ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454November 19, 2018 7:13 PM

So apparently "Jonny" is some kind of far right neo-Nazi. .. I wonder, though, how the show is going to handle Ste - a gay guy - getting involved with people who are usually very anti-gay? I suppose they could use Ste as a patsy or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455November 23, 2018 11:50 PM

Harry is coming back and wants to win James back.

by Anonymousreply 456December 6, 2018 7:32 PM

In the meantime, let's recap .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457December 6, 2018 9:36 PM

So Ste may get involved with a closeted gay Nazi. Romeo wants to go after Mac and Harry has gotten more action than any of the gays on American soaps.

by Anonymousreply 458December 7, 2018 6:40 PM

Clinically speaking, is Ste a moron, imbecile, or idiot?

by Anonymousreply 459December 7, 2018 6:51 PM

Probably imbecile R459.

by Anonymousreply 460December 9, 2018 12:37 AM

Jimmy and Ste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 9, 2018 1:18 AM

'Family' Christmas celebration in Manchester last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 9, 2018 10:48 PM

👬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 16, 2018 3:48 PM

January 2.

(Or New Years Eve, if you watch the first look screening.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 17, 2018 9:35 PM

I can't wait till he's back R464.

by Anonymousreply 465December 17, 2018 11:19 PM

... to be continued ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 21, 2018 8:10 AM

okay...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 27, 2018 9:06 AM

Jonny manipulating Ste into thinking they are brothers after St e had kissed him. 😬

by Anonymousreply 468December 28, 2018 10:34 PM

Today is when Harry returns.

by Anonymousreply 469December 31, 2018 4:42 PM

R468 Reminds of when Danny and Ste were starting to connect before they found out they were father and son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 31, 2018 8:24 PM

Back on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 2, 2019 8:49 PM

2019 Trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 2, 2019 8:50 PM

About time R471.

by Anonymousreply 473January 2, 2019 9:26 PM

Looks like they have broken up after having just gotten back together.

by Anonymousreply 474January 3, 2019 11:35 PM

HO writers constantly write Harry as a screw up/bum. It's ridiculous. Him going away for months would've been the perfect set up for a new direction. Instead we find out hes been bumming around and came back to bum around some more.

He should've gotten a job, a new man and made a real return to the village that kicked him out; establish a life outside of those 2 old farts. 3 months couch hopping, no job, living out of a box? really Hollyoaks? He's in his 20s now ffs give the man a job.

by Anonymousreply 475January 7, 2019 2:13 AM

R475 I think it may be a little difficult at the moment for Harry to find a job while having to deal with those in the village including his own dad who turned on him and ran him out and I also don't think under past experiences or jobs including that you were a rentboy for awhile would look good on a resume. Maybe miss Loveday or his bff Zach can try to help him.

by Anonymousreply 476January 7, 2019 4:17 AM

Harry was once a talented footie player with some kind of scholarship. Doesn't the team need a new coach now that Buster's in the slammer?

by Anonymousreply 477January 7, 2019 4:59 AM

R477 Ste would go complaining to the school about why they shouldn't hire Harry if he found out that Hatry tried to apply for the possible position.

by Anonymousreply 478January 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479January 10, 2019 9:56 PM

Too gay? WTF is too gay, if it’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2019 10:12 PM

I love the picture in OP.

by Anonymousreply 481January 10, 2019 10:18 PM

R479 Totally agree with Duncan Lindsay on this one. Kudos to Hollyoaks. Great storyline.

by Anonymousreply 482January 13, 2019 8:00 PM

R480 I guess the article was talking about the show being criticized for having "too many" non straight characters and who were in front burner stories. From Brendan, Ste, Lockie, Ravi, JP, Craig, Doug, James, Harry, Ryan, etc....

by Anonymousreply 483January 13, 2019 8:51 PM

Says his New Years resolution is to get back in shape .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484January 13, 2019 9:49 PM

That’s a ridiculous tattoo

by Anonymousreply 485January 14, 2019 6:54 PM

R485 Yeah, I don't know why he went and did that. He got it in July when he was in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 486January 14, 2019 7:11 PM

The actor who plays James son is said to be either fucking or dating one of the females on the show.

by Anonymousreply 487January 19, 2019 4:13 AM

R487 It's no secret that Owen Warner (Romeo) is dating Stephanie Warner (Sinead), IRL. It's been going on for awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488January 19, 2019 4:45 AM

^^^ meant "Stephanie Davis (Sinead)"

by Anonymousreply 489January 19, 2019 9:39 PM

Supposedly Romeo is going to try to secretly set up James on a blind date with Harry.

Well it seems that things are now good between the show and Stephanie Davis.

by Anonymousreply 490January 21, 2019 3:44 AM

Anyone in the US watch this on Hulu? Do they just not post some episodes every once in awhile, like this past week has been spotty.

by Anonymousreply 491January 21, 2019 4:05 AM

R491 I don't watch there, but is Hulu still 2-3 weeks behind the UK broadcast? If so, it could be spotty right about now, because there were schedule changes and pre-emptions on the Channel 4 UK broadcast during both the Christmas and New Years' weeks.

by Anonymousreply 492January 21, 2019 7:19 AM

R492 Yes, Hulu is about 2 1/2 weeks behind in their broadcast. I think there were 2 hour long specials in the last month and wondered if it bounces off episodes from other days. It’s funny that YouTube has so much coverage of the show, especially the gay plot lines. I watch it there and then it’s like deja vu when I see the whole thing later.

by Anonymousreply 493January 22, 2019 4:44 PM

I guess poor Vernon and Romeo finding out that James and Harry were naked having sex on the couch.😅

by Anonymousreply 494January 27, 2019 2:38 AM

R494 Wasn't Romeo with Lily when they figured that out? .. She held up the underwear(?) that was tucked under the pillow.

Speaking of sofa sex, I guess they're going forward with bisexual Kyle, since he and Nancy hook-up again - with Darren, Charlie, and Oscar walking in on them while they're naked on the sofa.

by Anonymousreply 495January 27, 2019 10:04 PM

Yes he was R495. I believe that an interview with Adam Rickitt who plays Kyle from last year said that they were going to go ahead with Kyle and Nancy. After James completely ended things with Kyle and Nancy finding out about Darren and ending things with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 27, 2019 11:09 PM

Jimmy Essex who played Adam Donovan I believe just got engaged to his bf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 27, 2019 11:43 PM

R497 Kind of odd looking couple, but they always look so happy together.

The ring presentation.

Congratulations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 28, 2019 12:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499January 30, 2019 4:55 AM

Twink Alfie has left.

by Anonymousreply 500January 30, 2019 11:05 PM

^^^ As long as twink Romeo is still around who cares!

by Anonymousreply 501January 31, 2019 12:01 AM

So Juliet is Mac's daughter, making her Romeo's half-sister AND his aunt? .. lol!

Can Breda puh-leeze murder Mac before she's caught?

by Anonymousreply 502January 31, 2019 4:11 AM

Nipple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 31, 2019 5:40 AM

oh, I see that one is pierced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 31, 2019 7:07 AM

Maybe Romeo will fall in love and run off with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 505January 31, 2019 1:09 PM

Romeo is straight

by Anonymousreply 506February 1, 2019 3:03 AM

^^^ I think Lilly will have put him off women for life.

by Anonymousreply 507February 7, 2019 12:56 PM

R506 it's Hollyoaks , sexuality isn't set in stone, one way or the other .

by Anonymousreply 508February 7, 2019 1:01 PM

What’s up with Hulu and their Hollyoaks episodes? They seem to come inconsistently online and now E542 is available to watch, but E541 is on until Feb. 20th at 3 AM?

by Anonymousreply 509February 14, 2019 4:37 PM

^^^ should be “isn’t on.”

by Anonymousreply 510February 14, 2019 4:55 PM

So James and Harry are currently sharing a single bed due to the other guests living with them.

by Anonymousreply 511February 22, 2019 11:54 PM

^^^When he has a nightmare does Romeo come and snuggle between them to feel safe?

by Anonymousreply 512February 22, 2019 11:58 PM

Looks like Kieron is attending Elton John Aids foundation Oscar party/fundraiser.

by Anonymousreply 513February 23, 2019 8:15 PM

R511 They should show James & Harry sharing that single bed during one of the epilogues - like they showed Marnie and Cindy shared their double bed the other night. But go for the sexy-fun of it rather than the silly-fun.

by Anonymousreply 514February 26, 2019 7:07 PM

Harry is back

by Anonymousreply 515February 28, 2019 8:49 PM

Harry coming out in his underwear ready for James only to be interrupted by Breda.

by Anonymousreply 516February 28, 2019 9:30 PM

So Breda is not only a murderer of bad dads, but a gay cock blocker as well!

by Anonymousreply 517February 28, 2019 11:19 PM

Well R517 Mac had sent her over to kill James and she got interrupted the first time and came back a second try while Harry seeing that they had the house to themselves for a couple hours was horny.

by Anonymousreply 518February 28, 2019 11:40 PM

Large photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 1, 2019 6:06 AM

I will say that Harry has better underwear than Will,Sonny and Paul on Days

by Anonymousreply 520March 1, 2019 6:11 AM

They should flash Harry's butt again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 2, 2019 12:24 AM

Scott in drag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Looks like at some point Breda attacks James.

by Anonymousreply 523March 4, 2019 11:52 PM

Throuple

by Anonymousreply 524March 6, 2019 4:47 PM

^^^Yeah, I see it on Hulu and it was in this weeks episodes. But I also watch the snippets on YouTube of the current run episodes in UK and saw the Prince punch out of Romeo. To bad Lily is leaving or those three could be throupling up with some hot man-on-man action between Prince and Romeo. I’m sure daddy James could give his kid some inside tips.

by Anonymousreply 525March 6, 2019 8:14 PM

Well R525 they're now trying to push a throuple with twink Tom Cunningham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 6, 2019 9:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 6, 2019 9:15 PM

The Peri-Tom-Harley throuple probably won't last, just like the Ravi-Nancy-Kris one from several years ago didn't. As I recall, Nancy's arrangement with bisexuals Kris and Ravi only lasted about 2-3 months, before it imploded. See R428.

by Anonymousreply 528March 6, 2019 9:16 PM

R526 Hell invite Brodie, Damon and Ollie and make it a gangbang.

by Anonymousreply 529March 6, 2019 9:23 PM

Of course it won't last R528 you could already see some annoyance coming from Peri's when she tried to defend the throuple to She and twink Tom called Ste old fashioned and out of touch with modern relationships. While Harley is getting both D and V.

by Anonymousreply 530March 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Darren's reaction made me laugh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 8, 2019 1:52 AM

They wouldn't try to do this on the American soaps R531.

by Anonymousreply 532March 8, 2019 2:40 AM

😠Looks some of this stuff going on with Ste and Johnny is going to draw Harry back into Ste's orbit.

by Anonymousreply 533March 8, 2019 3:01 PM

How is this Islamicphobic gang also not homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 534March 8, 2019 4:02 PM

I think they're R534 but Ste hasn't had much interaction with the rest of the gang outside of Johnny who he thinks is his friend and half brother.

by Anonymousreply 535March 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Why the Nazis are recruiting a gay guy like Ste is addressed in this article from a couple of days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 10, 2019 2:27 AM

Poison in James' coffee?

[quote] James is seen collapsing on a park bench while listening to a voicemail from Harry professing his love. Has Breda gone ahead with Mac’s terrible plan? Marnie finds him, but is she too late?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 10, 2019 2:29 AM

I think it might have been more interesting doing a storyline where Yasmine or Imran were recruited by ISIS.

by Anonymousreply 538March 10, 2019 4:23 AM

Do the Neo-Nazis want Ste to be their version of Milo Y.?

by Anonymousreply 539March 10, 2019 4:29 AM

Hollyoaks is a Royal Television Society nominee for this story.

I really hope it wins.

The other two nominees in the "Soap and Continuing Drama" category are Coronation Street (Aidan's suicide) and Casualty (aftermath of the big explosion).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540March 14, 2019 2:38 AM

So who died? Did Lily carry the self harm one step to far this time?

by Anonymousreply 541March 14, 2019 5:10 AM

R541 More than likely it will be Lily, plus it's been previously confirmed that the actress is leaving the show. And several of the characters seen on location for the funeral are connected to Lily somehow: Husband Prince, Lover Romeo, her Auntie Diane, Cousins Sinead and Scott, and Laurie who lives in the same flat; then there's Mother-in-Law Goldie, and her friends, Peri and Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 542March 14, 2019 8:32 PM

I guess it’s a good thing that Hollyoaks doesn’t do full frontal male nudity because Muslims are cut but the actor that plays Sami is probably uncut. The Imran actor should be cut

by Anonymousreply 543March 15, 2019 8:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544March 16, 2019 12:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545March 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Working out at David Lloyd Liverpool Speke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 16, 2019 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 18, 2019 6:50 AM

^^^ Tony looks so 80s in his tank top, short-shorts, and white socks .. lol!

That looks like the old boarding house before The Osbornes moved there and redecorated the place.

by Anonymousreply 548March 18, 2019 8:56 AM

I hope they don’t have Romeo hook up with Sinead when Lily’s gone, just because they are an item in real life.

by Anonymousreply 549March 19, 2019 1:57 AM

R549 I don't think HO typically tries to find a reason to do that. Examples: Sienna and Lockie were never paired, and neither were Jesse and Kim - though the actors playing them coupled up in real life. And even though the actors who play Cleo and Joel became an item when their characters were paired on the show, HO has now taken them in different directions.

by Anonymousreply 550March 19, 2019 3:01 AM

The actors playing Cleo and Joel were recently in California on holiday but are back in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 551March 19, 2019 4:24 AM

Another couple like them ^^^ are the actors who played Holly and Jason. They were paired on the show when they started dating IRL, but then the show broke their characters up when Holly hooked up with Jason's twin, Robbie. IRL, they're still together too, I believe.

And Hollyoaks also didn't pair Brendan Brady and Jacqui McQueen. Emmett Scanlan and Claire Cooper were dating IRL when they were on the show and got married a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 552March 19, 2019 7:32 AM

So I guess John Paul returns for the wedding. I was wondering how they were going to handle the fact that since his parents were getting hitched. I wonder if he'll mention whether he and Craig actually did reunite after the phone call we saw when he exited last time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553March 19, 2019 7:27 PM

It would have been weird if JP hadn't at least be mentioned R553.

by Anonymousreply 554March 19, 2019 9:18 PM

Why in hell did Mercedes propose a double wedding, it was literally months ago that she was going to do the same thing and it was a disaster. She shouldn’t be getting married anyways, it’s a slap in the face to Russ’ son.

by Anonymousreply 555March 19, 2019 10:35 PM

Winning the RTS award.

Well deserved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556March 20, 2019 9:08 PM

That's good R556 and I'm glad that James wasn't killed off by crazy Breda.

by Anonymousreply 557March 20, 2019 10:16 PM

Looks like there are rumors that Stephanie Davis and Owen Warner might be engaged after a recent post of the two of them mostly naked.

Gregory Finnegan and Parry Glasspool did a joint FB live Q&A yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 558March 28, 2019 4:55 AM

R558 pics?

by Anonymousreply 559March 29, 2019 3:13 AM

^^^ Just check their IGs, except they are quite dark and third rate, so not worth posting here.

by Anonymousreply 560March 29, 2019 4:12 AM

As I recall, a couple of weeks ago, Davis reportedly referred to the ring Warner gave her as "a promise ring."

And speaking of rings, I noticed that at the very end of John Paul's skype video shown at his parents' wedding ceremony, he raised a toast to them with his left hand, and JP was very clearly wearing a wedding band himself. I wonder if we're supposed to infer that John Paul and Craig got married. (They wouldn't have been able to do that in Singapore, though.) Or, maybe it's a "promise ring" .. lol!

I suppose it could have just been an oversight, and it's actually just James Sutton's own wedding ring in real life. I believe he got married last Fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561March 29, 2019 10:04 PM

Cause I’m in the states and see it on delay on Hulu, I only know from online articles that Lily dies of sepsis from her selfharm. That’s a pretty gutsy twist, especially for a character who is involved in healthcare; also, quite a brutal end for such a fragile innocent one. I can only hope that Romeo is so scarred from this that he vows to never have another girlfriend and starts running after boys like his dad starting with Ollie.

by Anonymousreply 562March 31, 2019 2:08 PM

I could see Romeo and Prince "comforting one another" over Lily's death.

by Anonymousreply 563March 31, 2019 7:25 PM

Oh Christ, I was wondering why she was falling ill so often, but never gathered this. It would have been more interesting if it had been by proxy and she accidentally killed that kid of hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 2, 2019 3:03 AM

Martial rape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565April 2, 2019 3:42 AM

Funny how they mentioned that "Doreen Thorpe" now works for Maxine at MInnie Cabs. Even after gay Ryan murdered his Uncle Geoff, the oft-mentioned, but never seen wife of the beleaguered D.S. Thorpe lives on .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 566April 2, 2019 5:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 4, 2019 4:48 AM

On the Helix thread, someone said Blake Michell booked a role on Hollyoaks?

by Anonymousreply 568April 4, 2019 12:13 PM

Was it a guest role or something longer R568?

by Anonymousreply 569April 4, 2019 3:12 PM

Sounds like a love child of Sienna BLAKE and MITCHELL Deveraux.

by Anonymousreply 570April 4, 2019 7:54 PM

saw a rumor that Luke & Scott might get together

by Anonymousreply 571April 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Luke Morgan R571?

by Anonymousreply 572April 11, 2019 7:43 PM

yes

by Anonymousreply 573April 11, 2019 8:05 PM

Given the years and years of psychological trauma that heterosexual Luke Moran suffered from being raped, having him hook-up with Scott might be a rather weird story to sell. .. But I have to say, I really really enjoyed Gary Lucy playing bisexual "Danny Pennant" on EastEnders.

by Anonymousreply 574April 11, 2019 8:17 PM

none of the guys in the village ever stay straight forever, I'm surprised they never went there with Tony or Darren

by Anonymousreply 575April 11, 2019 8:55 PM

On that note, I'm waiting for Sylver's cute prison "wife" to show up .. lol! .. Our big stud may have been in love with Mercedes since he was 14, but we're supposed to believe he was celibate for the entire 15 years he was in prison ???

by Anonymousreply 576April 11, 2019 9:19 PM

I know he's not Mercedes biological cousin, it still feels weird everyone was celebrating their wedding without objection

by Anonymousreply 577April 11, 2019 9:21 PM

Well, even when they were supposedly "cousins," they were second cousins, which is legal just about everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 578April 11, 2019 9:36 PM

doesn't make any less weird

by Anonymousreply 579April 11, 2019 10:06 PM

I’m all for Darren having a roll in the gay hay!

by Anonymousreply 580April 11, 2019 10:31 PM

When "Darren" was doing Dancing with the Star, Attitude Magazine did a cover story on him, and the kid who was playing Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham) at the time put this photo up and tagged it #itchy balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 12, 2019 5:11 AM

Spring 2019 trailer, plus Soap Award nominees from the show at the end.

Hmmm ... It looks like James and Harry are getting a flashy sports car? Or is it a gift from James to Harry?

And it sounds like Nancy could be having second thoughts where Kyle is concerned? All those men he's slept with .. lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582April 14, 2019 12:28 AM

I think James is buying Harry's love in fear that he might stray back to Ste

by Anonymousreply 583April 14, 2019 12:48 AM

I don't think so r583. James seemed genuine when he told Harry that he loved him and I don't think he would want a sorta repeat of what happened between him and JP.

by Anonymousreply 584April 14, 2019 10:10 AM

Flashback Brody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 15, 2019 10:11 AM

I looked at the trailer again, and the red Alfa Romeo sports car mentioned in R582 is the same car Mercedes and Liam are driving in the crash sequence near the end.

by Anonymousreply 586April 15, 2019 10:54 AM

^^^ So you saying Liam is going to frame Jarry for running over gold shoe?

by Anonymousreply 587April 15, 2019 12:37 PM

How many of you out there are kinda hoping the gold shoe belongs to Scott in another one of his drag outfits and that he’s dead? I’m kind of tired of them uncle tomming him for laughs.

by Anonymousreply 588April 15, 2019 12:40 PM

R587 I don't know, that crossed my mind. I guess we'll just have to wait to see who the car actually belongs to. .. But yeah, the Mercedes/Liam thing could be a drug-fueled joyride gone wrong leading into coverup.

by Anonymousreply 589April 15, 2019 6:57 PM

R588 I doubt they'd kill Scott off so soon after cousin Lily. But I agree. The drag thing has had its moments, but if it's meant to be what he does as a career, then it should be showcased sparingly. And he still lacks any kind of love interest.

by Anonymousreply 590April 15, 2019 7:06 PM

In the past the actor playing Scott complained that gay camp characters like his or Anthony Cotton's character Sean Tully on Corrie and others of being pushed to the side in favor of more "straight acting" gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 591April 15, 2019 7:15 PM

IMO, I think Scott's big story line coming up is that he's going to realize he's trans

by Anonymousreply 592April 15, 2019 8:55 PM

R32/R37 ahh Brookie. They really don’t make them like that anymore.

I was so here for Nat & George. Such a tragic, epic, beautiful couple in a gripping S/l. Wonder WHET to them?

Aren’t Brookside & Hollyoaks somehow connected in meta, or am I thinking of another soap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593April 15, 2019 9:57 PM

R593 Is this the connection you're thinking of? From youtube:

[quote] Jacqui has agreed to be a surrogate for Max and Susannah and in an attempt to keep the pregnancy a secret, Jacqui has left Liverpool to stay with Susannah's sister, Lisa, in Chester. Whilst best friend, Katie, visits her, look out for the appearance of two Hollyoaks characters in the background!

The two Hollyoaks characters passing by in the background near the beginning are Kurt and Ruth.

And yes, that's young Alex Fletcher, Diane from Hollyoaks playing Jacqui in Brookside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594April 15, 2019 10:33 PM

Next thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595April 15, 2019 11:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!